Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Like Sami would care if Abby went after EJ, seeing as how she plans for EJ to be going to prison anyway.

However, the rest of Salem would have to shut up about Abby just being a victim of EJ's manipulation, so there's that. So go ahead Abby, chase EJ around some more! Snerk. EJ wouldn't leave Sami for Abby, and wouldn't even keep Abby as his mistress. So, sure, if Abby wants to aspire to being EJ's sidepiece once again while he tries to win Sami back, and would dump Abby's ass the nanosecond Sami agreed to take him back...why not? Let her embarrass herself some more.

• Love 2
(edited)

I could actually see Abigail aspiring to have conjugal visits with EJ in prison. I think she'll take him whatever way she can.

To truly torture Abigail, Sami should just get Stephano to cut little EJ off. Even then, I could picture Abigail carrying it around in an urn while she cries...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
Also, why does Abigail consider  it weird for a woman to hire an art history tutor to impress her fiancee? That's not necessarily unusual -- that doesn't mean anybody is insecure about their love; it just means they want to do something nice for their fiancee.That whole conversation from Abigail's end was strange...why couldn't Abigail come up with any better insults? There are so many other things she could have brought up (like whatever Sami has done to other people in her past), but she brings up the art tutoring thing as a sign of weakness? This girl is so freaking dumb. She can't even hurl an insult properly!

Abigail thinks she’s so refined with her European boarding school education and “vast” knowledge of art history, but she fails to see that she is nothing more than measly assistant for her mother, the hospital PR rep, who spread her legs for a mobster when he wasn’t getting any from his fiancé.  The nonsense she spouted off to Sami today was made even more delusional by the fact that Sami has kicked EJ to the curb and yet EJ still didn’t come running back to Abby. Now I realize that Sami doesn’t necessarily know what is or isn’t currently going on between them, but Abby does. Girl is cuckoo with a capital C.

• Love 4

Yes, I could see Abby being down with conjugal visits too. Which would be awesome because Jen would have an absolute fit. Her princess of a daughter hooked up with a jailed mobster...just what every mother wants!

• Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if they're trying to transition Abigail into a more crazy type of character....Abigail said she could be as bad as Sami if she wanted to....while Sami's schemes may blow up in her face (who knows though since EJ isn't looking extremely smart right now and almost seems like he's out to lunch, along with his hair), it's more than likely that Abigail will stoop to get what she wants resulting in everyone being shocked,  which would be an accomplishment of something from Sami's end anyway....The thing with Sami is that she doesn't really care if everybody thinks she's trash, and picks herself up when people insult her (as evidenced by today's confrontation where she seemed to not give Abigail the time of day) whereas Abigail cares a lot about what people think of her..so that's where Abigail trying to go toe-to-toe with Sami could be dangerous for her. Sami may lose in the end, but so does Abigail since Abigail is more likely to go mental if no one thinks the best of her anymore.

There has to be a reason as to why Abigail is coming off as a nutcase while everyone simultaneously lauds her for her integrity and graciousness.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Bantering, Kate was referring to the Hortons taking decades to get over Kate's affair with Bill.  In that instance I think that she was being real honest with Abigail and possibly trying to give her some words of wisdom.  The only difference is that in Kate's situation Bill really did use her and was the instigator. Back then Kate was a poor grieving mother.  Abby and EJ were on much more equal footing in their affair, than Kate and Bill.

• Love 2
(edited)

I really think that the Abigail we saw today is the real Abigail. She is entitled, self-righteous, and delusional; and only pretends to be virtuous and innocent to protect the illusion of Horton Holiness. I really want her to be exposed for who she really is and lose her Horton Halo.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 8

I don't see Sami losing, anyway. The show will have her leave on some kind of high note, although their definition of high note may differ wildly from mine (i.e. they have her get back together with EJ and they leave Salem happily together). She'll take her lumps, and lose a battle here or there, but the show isn't going to have her slink out of town down and destroyed. This is AS we're talking about - she's been there for 21 years, she's been one of the leading ladies for much of that time, and her outside gigs have helped bring some attention to the show.

I can't stop laughing at Abby's reaction now that she's finally had a real-world consequence for her actions. All her verbal attempts to take responsibility really were as half-hearted, and mostly to get positive reinforcement from her sycophants, as I suspected.

• Love 3

I am really wondering where this storyline is going with Will's story.  Does he think Sami will forgive him and everything will be all right?  Knowing that AS is leaving, will Sami leave on a bitter note with her oldest son?  I'd hate to see that.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think even Sami views Abigail as a bit of a puppy.  She didn't go in for the full-on slap like she would have with Nicole or Kate. Instead, she gave one of those funny fakey-little thingies to the face that you'd give to a little kid.

Sami obviously doesn't like Abigail now, but because of the kid glove treatment she's giving to Abigail I think maybe even she "connected" with Abigail too.

Edited by bantering

Will is an unethical little pissy bitch. I hope Kate slaps the shit out of him when she finds out what he did. I also hope his little article destroys his raggedy writing career. No decent newspaper (or wherever he works) should want a crap writer like him working for them.

Gagby needs to be murdered, revived, and then murdered again. Who the hell does this stupid trick think she is confronting Sami. Since when do whores act like this? Sami should have pulled out a gun and shot that disgusting piece of trash. Am I supposed to be impressed because she tried to threaten Sami? What a joke. The only people who should ever be worried about that baboon are women who are in committed relationships with men.

I'm so hoping EJ brings up the evidence against Sami and Will. I want to see his face when he realizes Sami destroyed it and now he has nothing to hang over her.

Every word of this should be engraved on a plaque and sent to the writers.

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess I'm the only one who is not put-off by Will?  I just can't be surprised or angered when his closest family members having been lying and scheming around him for his entire life.  Sami and Kate set this example; EJ too in the last few years, as well as Lucas.  Although Lucas has come a long way since he and Sami were young, and he seems to be the only one who's managed to grow up.  But yeah, Will growing up with a bunch of liars and schemers who plotted, backstabbed and walked over each other, as well as others, I can't help but think chickens coming home to roost and whatnot. 

I think it could be good for the character to give him more depth. I think it will snap Sami and Kate back to reality a bit.  They are losing the plot I think, feeling they are invincible in all of this.  They're in fantasyland if they think it's not going to come back at them; especially if Stefano is allowed to show up and act in character. 

I think it's a matter of causing some drama between Will and Sonny as well.  They're a happy couple without much going on, especially since Sonny wants to stay out of the Sami stuff.  Now that Gabi and Nick are gone, they need some conflict.  Will going a little darker and acting like Mom and Grandma would, theoretically, be spicier than 2 nice guys with a baby. 

As for Abby, I agree that she looks at least delusional.  I'm sure she was trying to stick it to Sami, but she also seemed like she was trying to convince herself that she and EJ bonded and that it was more than just a convenient sex partner.  That being said, I guess I can see why they are trying to keep her holy.  If she's staying on after Sami and EJ leave, they have to make her somewhat of a viable character.  I might not like that they are trying to make her blameless in the affair, but, I guess I can see that they feel it's best to shove off all the blame on the character who is leaving the canvas. 

Still hate it though.  I have no sympathy at all for Abby and there really isn't anything the writers can do to change that. 

Frankly, what I want to see with this storyline, is for Stefano to come in and burn everyone to the ground.  Is it a matter of the actor's health?  Because I cannot believe at all that Stefano would sit on the sidelines and let this all go down; phoney baloney warrant or what have you. Stefano DiMera would not be defeated by a piece of paper, and he would not be made a fool of and do nothing. 

It just looks so stupid that he's being kept away from the storyline.  And it's implausible to me that we don't at least see EJ on the phone with him apprising him of the happenings and plotting a counter-scheme. 

If Stefano isn't back soon to go scorched earth on everyone in Salem, I call foul. 

Edited by Beach Blonde

I think it could be good for the character to give him more depth. I think it will snap Sami and Kate back to reality a bit.  They are losing the plot I think, feeling they are invincible in all of this.  They're in fantasyland if they think it's not going to come back at them; especially if Stefano is allowed to show up and act in character.

I would love it if Sami and Kate pulled a Kayla and disowned him. What would he do than? Grandma Marlena sure as hell isn't going to scheme on his behalf.

They could certainly do that, but it would make them seem rather hypocritical. 

I really can't see what the big fallout of the story would be anyways  Will most likely isn't going to expose the affair because he doesn't want to hurt pathetic Abigail.  So, that will spare his mother the public humiliation of being cheated on.  Most likely, it will just happen that the board will reconvene and vote Sami and Kate out and (probably) Stefano back in as CEO.  It's not like they'd be losing their business, they'd be losing something that they took under false pretenses in the first place.  Doesn't seem like a huge comeuppance all things considered.  It's not like Sami would even get in legal trouble because stupid EJ signed the paperwork saying he wanted her to vote his shares. 

If Sami gets back together with EJ, that will be Sami leaving on a low note.  EJ will just lie to her, cheat on her, and push her around again.  EJ doesn't believe he did anything wrong.  EJ needs to find a spineless weakling to be married to who will go along with whatever he wants.  Anytime Sami disagrees with him, he'll threaten her, and cheat on her.  I don't want Sami ending up with the man who has been abusing her for over eight years.  I really hope EJ dies.

If Will writes that article, it will tip off the DE board members and investors to how stupid EJ and Stefano were, and they will smell blood in the water.  The people who do business with DE are probably a lot like Stefano, and that could put a target on Sami and Kate's backs.  I also think Sonny doesn't want to see Will do the things Sami, Kate, EJ, Lucas, etc. do because ultimately it will backfire on Will, and hurt the two of them and Arianna.

• Love 1

I could probably care what is happening to Will if the actor were good. But I've decided I don't like this one. I don't think I hate him exactly, but I don't think I like him enough to really bother understanding why he's up in arms about Sami at this particular juncture (since everything she's doing now seems so much less worse to me than what she's done in the past),  has no reaction to Kate, and feels he needs to come to the defense of Abigail. It probably would have made more sense to write an article when the Nick thing happened, but it seemed he had no problem letting the body lie in the water as long as he and Sonny could have a worry-free Christening. NOW he wants to do something when Sami is acting like a regular powerful person as opposed to someone who throws bodies into the river? I don't get this boy....

An article written when Sami is at war with Lucas over something would make more sense to me. He'd be torn between two parents, and decide maybe that Lucas deserves his loyalty more.  But Abigail??? It was weird enough when he got angry so much about what Sami did to Rafe but never seemed to have any feelings for Lucas's well-being, but at least Will and Rafe had a "connection."

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Abby is one delusional bitch, saying EJ came back for more. Oh AbiSkank it was you coming back for more not EJ. If she's gonna get under Sami's skin she might as well tell the truth. She just came off looking stupid and dumb but what else is new with her. Instead of the playful slaps Sami gave her, Sami should have punched the shit out of her. What are the writers waiting for? Sami is known for slapping and punching people but why is Abby being spared of this? It also shows that she doesn't feel guilty at all. Writers are also being stupid for writing a mistress to be this damn arrogant in the wife's face. IDK what wife would tolerate a mistress taunting her cause if I was Sami, the paramedics would be coming to take Abby to intensive care or the morgue. 

Will is just a little bitch. Sonny please leave him. I'm glad Sonny isn't on board with what he's doing, anyone that would want to write a trashy article on their own mother is just a sad sack of shit. Sonny is the only one with a conscious and I really hope that since Sonny called in favors to get Will the job, he calls in favors to have Will fired. Will should see that he's no better than Sami cause he's going the same route as she is but he feels justified in what he's doing yet Sami can't feel justified in what she's doing. SMDH.

• Love 4

I think Sami and I'm giving her credit for what I've seen this far is she's thinking "karmas a bizzle" and trying to delivery some teachable moments to Abby. Obviously the wench didn't learn when her sister Carrie slapped her and told her about herself. Everyone else is intent on coddling this idiot. What the hell did Abby expect begging for EJs peen repeatedly. He's a batshit crazy mobster and engaged to a crazy woman Sami and father of her kids and desparate to keep her. Abby is lucky EJ didn't have her shipped to Melaswen or a chip put in her head to brainwash her and lucky Sami didn't bring back Stan to get her maimed.

As far of as the hospital shit it was never their money and Kayla can shut the fuck up. I'm pretty sure if anyone was fucking someone while they should be working and the spouse of their technical superior at that they'd be shitcanned as well.

Will can DIAF. The next time he's in deep shit he can run to Abby for help instead of the mom and grandma he sold out for that idiot. Of course shed be too busy chasing some unavailable man's wiener so then maybe he'll know.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

I know a lot of people have mentioned that Sami going to war with Nicole or Kate would have been more meaty than going to war with Abigail, but I can't imagine Nicole or Kate being dumb enough to  run to Sami's house and word their insults the way Abigail did. There's no way Nicole would pull out a book and start rambling about how asking for art tutoring being a sign of weakness. She might as well have mentioned that she makes better cupcakes than Sami.

BTW, what books has Abigail read besides the one her father wrote? IS that what she's talking about when she's talking about her knowledge of literature? She's making Gwyneth Patltrow look like she has an average sense of self-esteem....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Although our plucky little heroine, Abigail the Mouth undoubtedly thought she was being so brave today, she really just looked - and sounded - completely nuts

"EJ and I shared a love of LIT=ra-chewwwwwwwer - and AAAWWWWWT!  While, you, Sami, were only good for hot, spicy, constant, finger-lickin' good SEX!  He loved me for my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind - not my ground squirrel body, and not my many rows of tiny bat teeth.  My Holy Horton Hoohah CHANGED HIS LIFE".

At least that's what I heard the little aardvark saying.  I suppose this was supposed to be some sort of "Hear Her Roar" moment, but honestly, it sounded more like Miss Piggy giving Kermit a hard time.  And if pointing out that Raphael is EJ's favorite painter means she knows him so well, welllllll.........Lil' Miss Hair Bun knows even less than she thinks she does.

If SHOW was intent on selling us on Abigail being such a sophisticate, then maybe they should have shown her reading a book every now and then, or exhibiting some interest in things other married men.  She may have gone to Boarding School in England, but in her case, but all they seem to have taught her is how to purse her lips and give attitude.

Oh - and Ollie can STFU too.  After having her hissy fit, Little Miss Thing heads over to the bar and puts on her Little Nell performance and Ben buys it.  I know he's horny, but he doesn't have to try that hard with Abby - she'll be climbing him like an apple tree soon enough.   And Abigail trying to give attitude to Kate was even funnier than what she tried to do with Sami.  Kate could put her down so fast she wouldn't know what hit her.

Speaking of hitting, I give Kristen credit for doing something right.  I really don't care about her storyline at all, but watching somebody punch Dr. Dan is just plain ol' good American FUN in my book!

Victor, Victor, Victor!  All this time, teasing us, when all you wanted to do was torture EJ.  Best part of the show!  I knew he'd come through for us.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

Yea Kate shut AbiSkank down for sure and it looked like Kate's words affected her a little bit and don't know why Ollie was giving Kate a little bit of attitude for. Yes Ollie, everyone isn't going to like Abby.

• Love 3

I guess everybody else FFd through the Kristin scenes too, huh?

Pretty much, although I did stop now and then when Dan was getting slugged.   THAT part was nice.

• Love 1

I fast-forwarded through Kristen's storyline, but because of her get-up I did come to the conclusion that she probably has  nicer thighs than Abigail.

Edited by bantering

Yeah, I noticed that Ben seemed to know Sami's back-story, but I odn't know how. I thought maybe Abigail had filled him in, but since she couldn't seem to come up with anything to say to Sami about her own past, I wasn't sure if Abigail could have been the one to tell him. Abigail had ammo from Sami's past to throw in her face, but instead she seemed fixated on the art history stuff as building a connection with EJ. I think I saw more of a connection between EJ and Taylor's scarf.  I did think Ollie looked good today though.

I don't think Abigail has realized either that going to war with Sami apparently turns EJ on, if that weird smile he had after Sami told him to bring it on was any indication.

I thought it was interesting that Kate seemed to be able point out to Abigail how infidelity can affect people, including how it affected Laura, and that the Hortons didn't get over it in a day because of the long-term consequences. I couldn't tell if Abigail was registering what Kate was saying or if her mascara was bothering her though.

Edited by bantering

I actually don't think Will can put it in his article, since one of his goals is to keep Abby from being embarrassed, and if he writes about Abby being fired, he has to write why Abby was fired.

I don't really get what Will can put in his article.  I guess I'm, stupidly, putting some parameters on the writing of it that Will still needs to feel like he's righteous in his efforts when done with the article.   So that leaves out Sami's motive for the current power struggle, Abby.  That would seem to leave out the fact that Sami maneuvered taking over DE and is responsible for the charges against EJ because a tabloid editor would want to know why.  So how does he answer that?  Give another of EJ's crimes, like broadcast to the world that EJ used Sami's desperation to save Will's father to rape his Mother.  That's callous even for a Horton.  He can't really go into the kill Nick stuff (if he knows it all) because he shot EJ.

It irritates me that Sami did the smart thing and burned the evidence and now its just going to become a plot point that they have no leverage to stop Will's article.

This whole thing feels like they are setting up Sami being alienated from everyone left on canvas so they have an excuse for her to leave in a way that cuts ties.  They are setting up SORASed kids to come back at some point, possibly with a grudge, that have been estranged from their brother and extended family.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

I guess everybody else FFd through the Kristin scenes too, huh?

Seeing the unwashed hippie get beat up was nice but she's doing all of this to get Brady so it's not worth it. And she should have kidnapped someone more heinous like Nicole,. Jen, or Gagby.

• Love 1

Who is the current headwriter? I wonder if it's someone who ruined any of my other shows over the years.

Someone from General Hospital perhaps?  I know they absolutely destroyed every legacy character on that show - maybe they came over to Days to do the same.

I could be wrong, but it appeared that after Kate and Mr. Rayburn walked by at TBD, a man at a table of three leaned over and whispered something about Kate to the others. I thought it was a clever little nuance. I always wonder about what the nameless Salemites think of our key players. How much thought do they give to their goings on? Or is the town so messed up, anything goes?

• Love 1

Why did they have to kill off Jack? Now would be a good time to have him around.

Sami probably could have insulted Abigail back by bringing her daddy up (that would have made Abigail outright cry), but Sami was pretty restrained, which surprised me. In some ways I think Sami has matured a bit. I would have probably brought up what Jack would think  of Abigail's behavior ( especially since Abigail started defensively sounding like the typical other woman who has to convince the wife that something great was there between her and the husband rather than sounding like she was on the offense, which I think was supposed to be the point of the confrontation but miserably failed when Abigail started whining "That's not true, Sami!")  but Sami controlled herself on that one. No one else has when Abigail gets in their faces. Sami is probably the only person who hasn't yet insulted her about the Jack thing, although maybe if Abigail does something stupid kater with EJ, , Sami might bring it up in weeks to come.

I also didn't get Abigail's comment that Sami thinks the rules don't apply to her. Sami did read hospital policy, and Abigail did violate it. Yeah, Sami has her own agenda, but the rules are there in black and white and Abigail is the one who broke them and thinks the rules don't apply to her. Everything she says about Sami could easily be projected back on to Abigail. Maybe the writers don't like Abigail either and want us to be laughing at her while everyone else lauds her virtues.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I want Jack to come back from the dead and be disgusted by what Abby and Jen have turned into.

I've never seen a mistress act like this before. No shame, no remorse, no self awareness, no decency. Yet we're supposed to believe she's a "good girl." She's the real victim, not Sami. I don't get it. The writing doesn't support this and KM isn't capable of elevating the material or adding any nuance to the character.

If they insist on keeping KM around for some reason they should have turned Abby into someone like Theresa or Sami. Someone who does bad things to get what they want but doesn't pretend to be a Disney character. But even they are able to have some self awareness and show vulnerability at times, something I don't think KM can do.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

Yeah, I have wondered if I would like Abigail better if she were an outright bad girl, but I still probably wouldn't like her because I think her verbal  arrogance and lack of self-awareness in private moments  is off the charts in a way I haven't really seen with Sami, Nicole Theresa,  Kate, or heck, even EJ! Even EJ can at times display evident streaks  of vulnerability where I can be fooled into feeling bad for him.

I think in the end "crazy" is where it's at for Abigail. And even then I'd still probably want to see her go down. It's extremely hard for me to feel bad for her.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
It irritates me that Sami did the smart thing and burned the evidence and now its just going to become a plot point that they have no leverage to stop Will's article.

If they write Sami really brilliant, she'll halt the publication of Will's article with a little reminder of the evidence "EJ" has only to tell him just before she exits town that she destroyed it the day she took power. Then they can pan in on Will's 'I have a bad case of constipation' face like he sported the other day as Sami leaves him digesting that little revelation. 

• Love 4

Seriously, I'm not happy with Will these days at all. They haven't shown us why he's doing this duplicitous "interviewing" of the people who care about him the most. Not to mention recognizing that he's blowing past the ethics his chosen profession is supposed to hold dear. C'mon, Sonny, give him a talking-to. 

Kristen may be a basket case but she amuses me so much. 

Abigail -- well, I gotta hand it to her for going after the Big Bad so fiercely. Sami seemed genuinely off guard at times, which is great to see in this current Sami-Takes-It-All storyline. I do wonder if they'll take Abby down the road to mental illness -- that's a bit of Horton history still untapped and would go a long way to explaining both Abbs and Jenn these days. 

I don't care that Will is out to expose Sami, but I wish we knew what was going on inside Will's head. In spite of her smothering cover ups for him, Will could have a lot of legitimate issues with his mother, but the show has never really gone there. If they're going to suddenly spring it on us that Will's been harboring all this resentment towards Sami, at least have him verbalize it. Being the spineless sap that he is, I could see Will bottling it up and having it just explode one day. Having it be about protecting Abby is stupid and makes no sense.

I know everyone hates Marlena and the writers refuse to have her leave John's bedside, but I'd like to see a conversation between her and Will about Sami and what he plans on doing. Of course, I'm not sure how it would go with this Will, but CM and DH had a nice chemistry and I liked her during Will's coming out story. Whether she was a good mother or not, Marlena (and Roman) deserve to be involved with Sami's exit story.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 3

Nu-Will seems blank to me. I think he was trying to be menacing with the weird smiles, but ....uh....it all came out so comedically. This is one of the times maybe where I'll take the smirk!!!

I would probably be inclined to see something "deeper" going on with Will if CM was still playing the role.  But the blankness of the new actor just makes me think he likes Abigail more than he needs to. Nu-Will has been so extremely passive the last several months that to suddenly seem turn back around to what CM was during the time he blackmailed EJ and started working for him is strange to me. Maybe CM would have played the continuity between the passiveness and sudden assertiveness better. I can't remember if I sided with Will, but I don't remember being so against him when CM was still in the role

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I can sometimes like Dan--rarely, and I have found myself amused by Kristen over the years, but their scenes this week have been unbearably boring and silly--ff material for sure. With that, plus TammySue and her papa, I have made it through the show quickly.

I can take mediocrity--because god knows I've endured it for decades with this show--but that Sami and Abby scene has me one foot out the door. If Sami does not ground that miserable delusional bitch into the ground, I am done. The writers are utterly pathetic. I have rarely been as offended at the show's ignorance of reality as I was yesterday. How about they replay Gagby begging EJ for it? I would love for Sami to play that shower video at the Horton family picnic. 

• Love 2

I got tired of CM’s constant smirking, but he did often play Will as having an undercurrent of anger towards Sami.  NuWill hasn’t done a lot with the role so far.  I might even understand Will having a problem only with Sami (not Kate or Lucas) when it comes to his lousy childhood since Lucas hasn’t been involved in most of the craziness in recent years.  However, Kate, Sami, and EJ have spent the last two years trying to help Will, and now Will is going to throw them under the bus.

I think the writers see this as karma for the things Sami has done over the years (even though Sami did pay for a lot of things she did), however, the people targeting Sami are Will, the son she has been doing everything to protect from a crime he committed, and the boring twit who Sami never did anything to.

Will being angry at Sami for ruining her marriage to Rafe, and destroying his younger siblings’ happy family and home made sense.  Will being angry at Sami when she was the one who was hurt, not so much.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

I think the comparison between Sami cheating on Rafe, and Abigail cheating with EJ,  from Will's end bugs me a little bit because when Sami cheated on Rafe she broke her own home. She didn't do what Abigail did where she went out of her way to break somebody else's. She kept the damage contained to her own house (not that that's good either, but this is one of those instances where Sami didn't seek out to damage somebody else with great conviction).  The circumstances are so different that Will trying to compare the two is not convincing to me.

On paper and based on legal definitions, I think what Sami did is difficult to provide a defense for or justify. And I don't think it was morally right in general terms.  But when you get into the psychology of the actions and the "goal", what Sami and Abigail did was different. Neither was good, but I do think what transpired in terms of actual intent was different.  So Will calling Sami an "even bigger slut" only fits on a legal technicality, in my opinion, but not based on what I saw on the screen. Sami didn't beg EJ to keep her as a mistress, which will always sound like a strange proposition to me, no matter who the proposition comes from, even from a holy Horton.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

And Sami paid for cheating on Rafe.  Rafe divorced Sami, and as Sami said her actions cost her everything that was important to her, and ruined her marriage and home with Rafe.  Now someone else's actions have destroyed the happy family Sami was trying to have with EJ, and Will is acting like Sami should be punished for it.

• Love 4

Abigail -- well, I gotta hand it to her for going after the Big Bad so fiercely. Sami seemed genuinely off guard at times, which is great to see in this current Sami-Takes-It-All storyline. I do wonder if they'll take Abby down the road to mental illness -- that's a bit of Horton history still untapped and would go a long way to explaining both Abbs and Jenn these days. 

I'm holding out hope that they plan for Abigail to go completely nuts.  It would fit in nicely with a lot of stuff that's going on now.  I think EJ is playing some major mind games with Abby - on the one hand, he tells her to buzz off but then he turns around later and tells her that she's beautiful and what they had was meaningful and special.  No wonder she had the courage to confront Sami.  EJ's manipulative behavior could set anyone off.  I do think Abigail feels guilty but I don't think she's particularly sorry that she had the affair.  I think she's deluding herself over how meaningful it all was, but again, that's partly EJ's fault.  I really hate that guy.  I wish Sami would focus her rage on him - he's the one who really deserves it.  Plus I could do with a lot less Abigail/KM.  Unless they make her crazy all the way.  I think that would be entertaining and KM would be much better at that then her current "good girl" role.

Will's a dick to write a nasty story about anyone in his family no matter what his reasons.  There's no way that won't bite him in the ass later.  He said he's doing it to teach Sami a lesson and bring her down a few pegs.  Yeah, okay, Opie - say goodbye to that Pulitzer and hello to Geraldo.

• Love 1

I think Abigail is having difficulty confronting the fact of how easy she was. That she went on the defensive with Sami rather than remaining on the offensive was telling.

Maybe if she feels the sex was meaningful, she can ease her conscience about the behavior. Knowing that you tried to be someone's mistress  and made yourself as easy as possible, and were willing to disregard family values and all that stuff you generally preach about,  just because the sex was that addictive for you  might be harder to face.

I've never been in Abigail's situation, but hypothetically imagining such a scenario I suppose it is easier to deal with yourself and your conscience  if you thought the sex was about a meaningful connection, and possibly love,  rather than how easy you made it for an engaged guy to use you to service his needs.  Abigail has called other women sluts (and I think she may have implied that Chloe was easy) so facing the realization that she might be what she's called other women would be kind of icky to face. No, I'm not saying Abigail is a slut, but it's a fact that she has called other women the same name and now has to face that she might be viewed the same way.

I don't think Abigail feels guilty for what she did to Sami, but  feels guilty that she's potentially brought shame on the Horton name and embarrassed her mother. But now that everyone is reassuring her of her integrity,  including the guy she cheated with, she doesn't feel the need of keeping up the pretense of appearing to show feelings of guilt.

As for EJ, i have wondered if he's manipulating Abigail for his own ends, but even there I can't feel bad for her.  In the final trajectory of it all, and at the end of every stinking conversation, he's still telling her he wants Sami, but she keeps stupidly assuming a few nice words means he wants to break his marriage vows for her. If she were actually feeling guilty about getting caught up in a cheating triangle, I don't think that would be her automatic assumption. The assumption was so IMMEDIATE in that conversation with EJ, it was bizarro. I would have assumed he was simply trying as an older professor type to reassure me that I don't have to feel used (you know the standard junk I assume a cheating guy says to the other younger lady so she doesn't have a nervous breakdown).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Abby did hit on Sami's insecurities and that's why Sami reacted the way she did to EJ with the Louvre comments. I was waiting for EJ to finally get fed up and get angry, about time he start acting Dimera like and where is Stefano in this plot? He'd have shot Kate and Sami by now. May be EJ's threat is that he'll unleash his dad?

Sami calling EJ out on only caring about himself is pot meet kettle. It was a joke that she acts like she's doing so well by the kids with her actions. Mother of the Year puts the kids father in jail on purpose while the kids are looking for him. Also she's ranting about living in the house of horrors and they don't need money? Then why is Sami still living there? She protests so much, but she never makes an attempt to walk away from the Dimera money or house. Because she has nothing or nobody else.

With EJ telling her to watch it and Will saying the same thing to Sonny. Sami's in for a fall has to be coming.

Kate also attacking others on cheating and age appropriate men? She just slept with Rafe, and was the other woman. She also cheated on Stefano while married to him. Also Rafe isn't age appropriate for Kate. Sami and Kate with their hypocrisy belong together, they should date.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

The only time I thought Abigail struck Sami was when she made Sami realize that she probably does still love EJ, even against her better instincts.

I think it's possible Sami may forgive EJ simply because the one nerve Abigail was able to hit is that Sami does  have some inexplicable love for EJ (hence the wacko flashback to EJ acting as weird as a schoolgirl asking Sami to say he loves him while he chews up her arm). I didnt' think Abigail really got her on the intellectual inferiority complex though, mainly because I've never seen Sami that calm with anyone.  She didn't even bother to toss out Victor's favorite words of "slut, "whore' and '-itch". I thought for sure those words would come up since this is Days, but she didn't bother. She lost it with Ciara over the earrings, but remained calm with Abigail.  I was sort of impressed with Sami's demeanor in this confrontation, although when Abigail said she could be as bad as Sami, I wasn't sure if Sami was impressed with Abigail for daring to say the words  and challenge her outright! The smirk Sami had on her face as Abigail was leaving was kind of hilarious.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Sami's face was wavering while Abby was calling her out and the way she reacted with her flashbacks and when EJ arrived was when Sami really let what Abby said to her show that she got to her. All Sami did with Abby was put on a show, despite the fact Abby was right and getting to her. 

Sami will forgive EJ, she won't give up the lady of the manor money/house and act despite her claims she doesn't need the money or her complaining about how awful the house is.

Edited by Artsda

I think Sami would have called her all of Victor's favorite words if Abigail had gotten to her that much, but she didn't bother to go at it like she has with Nicole time and time again. She even tried to throw a pie in Chloe and Nicole's face after the elevator sex(es), but here remained relatively ....unaffected. It was Abigail who wound up trying to convince Sami of something rather than the other way around. I

If anything, I think Sami was affected by her feelings for  EJ, and Abigail's recognition that Sami loves or loved EJ, and the annoyance she has with still possibly loving EJ. Abigail  herself and superior art knowledge seemed like a non-entity to her. It seemed to be all about EJ, or at least her facial expressions seemed to be about him rather than worrying about whether she knew who Raphael the painter was.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2