Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

"Duplicitous Bitch" LMAO, How I love Victor. He needs to be on more so he can dish out these one liners. I just hate the fact that he likes Jenn, that's his one character flaw. Can Jenn do something bad to Sonny so Victor can longer like Jenn?

Oh EJ, no the fuck Abby isn't Extra-Ordinary as he says it and a far cry from breathtakingly beautiful more like fright night beautiful. Why is he downplaying this affair so much? To appease her ego? For someone that wants to get back with Sami, you sound like a damn moron going to the whore and talking her up. I really hope Sami just knocks the shit out of him and I hope Victor is gonna string him along in whatever he's planning.

Then we have delusional AbiSkank who is praying that EJ leaves Sami for her. Her facial expressions just give it away, which is why it boggles my mind on why writers are not letting her pay or have some people in Salem look at her and say skanky whore. Can someone please tell Anne & Theresa so they can get some jabs in, I'll settle for Eve getting some digs in and flaunting it in Jenn's face. Abby has no manners, just barging in someone's house without being invited in.

Jenn please, you're a monster in heels and uh Jenn, I thought you had a meeting at Sonny's club, you lying bitch. Ran your ass right back home and so funny how Sami called her out for jumping on Dan's dick after Jack died. Sami shouldn't give that Marlena comment any thought cause Mar is just a terrible person all around.

I FF through Maggie/Nicole, Eric, & Dan/Kristen scenes don't care.

• Love 3
(edited)

Was I hallucinating or did EJ tell Abby that she was breathtakingly beautiful?!

He did say that. Her face is sort of interesting, but she's far from "breathtaking."

With her chin and the size of her upper lip vs the size of her lower lip she's, I guess unique.

I don't find her attractive. She kind of looks like an alien. Especially with those facial features and expressions she makes. Lindsay Korman Hartley/Arianna and Nadia Bjorlin/Chloe now those 2 I can buy a character gushing about. They're very pretty and at the same time not cookie cutter or generic looking.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

Yep, that's Brady and Eric, because of Jawn and Marlena.

But they actually could pass as biological brothers, considering how dumb they both are.

They really are dumb as a bag of rocks.  Brady especially is so very entertaining when he tries to think through a situation.  If you look closely, you can see the smoke coming from his ears.  Good luck Kristen trying to get Brady to realize that you've kidnapped Dan as "bait".  He'll be the last one to figure it out.

• Love 3

I wouldn't condone anyone acting like Sami in real life, but why does Abigail only interest me when she's being tortured by somebody?

Whether it's EJ embarrasing the heck out of her in the conference room, or Carrie slapping her, or Chloe making her cry to Mommy, or Sami simply saying she'll destroy Abigail's life and doing mild damage to her in comparison to what she really could do, I get some odd pleasure from watching people stomp all over her.

The most interesting thing about Abigail right now is Sami. What is going to happen to Abigail  when Sami leaves???? I won't want to watch her then!

• Love 2

So far, Sami has told the truth, and asked Kayla to enforce hospital policy.

She didn't ask her to enforce policy, she blackmailed her using innocent sick childrens donation into enforcing the policy. Sami doesn't care about hospital policy at all, or the hospital staff.  I hope Will points out how Sami got Abby fired in his article.

• Love 1
(edited)

Would anyone who is not a Horton actually care that Sami may have tried to withhold the donation (uh, her own money?) from the hospital? That money from DE never actually belonged to the hospital. Money like that generally only gets donated if the person donating it gets something back in return (for the Dimeras, that could mean extremely positive press for a mafia family, or for Sami, the enforcement of a particular policy).

When people read the tabloids, they revel in the gossip. But if the whole town who is not related to Abigail gets up in arms about a powerful person using their position to get what they want (when has that never happened?) or using their own money as they please,  that would would be wholly unrealistic to me. When Bill Gates spends his money the way he wants to, everyone pretty much accepts it because it's his money to do as he pleases. It's not government money where we get a say on how it gets spent.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

With Sami's CEO and Queen Dimera act she has going on, people in the media and corporate would should care if a a company CEO with holds 20 million dollars from sick kids just for her own selfish revenge schemes. How much of a business woman does it make her look? How does it make the company look to their board members who are already having issues with her and Kate.

Sami's schemes and plans always blow up in her face, it's just a matter of how she blows herself up.

• Love 2
(edited)

But in the end Sami got the hospital policy enforced, the hospital got their donation, the little kids are going to get treated,  and someone who really did behave badly and unprofessionally in their PR role got fired. It's a win-win for everybody.

The only person who lost is Abigail, but she's a non-entity in the larger scheme of things. If Abigail was someone important and actually did nothing wrong, I could see how people would view Sami`s revenge negatively, but Abigail was a crappy employee who behaved unprofessionally -- so I don't see why the shareholders or the public would care since all is well anyway and the hospital is getting their money.

If the shareholders have no problem with the Dimeras running around killing people, I don't see why Sami's enforcement of a hospital policy would have them up in arms. Yes, we know she's pulling revenge, but she was smart enough, in this instance, to pull it off through legal means and the careful reading of policy. Abigail really did violate hospital policy so anything anybody has to say about it would be moot. If Will doesn't mention what Abigail did, but people become curious as to what she did in fact do, I suppose TMZ would dig up the dirt and then most of the public would probably shrug and say she did deserve to get fired after all -- sort of like how the Biebs got decked by Orlando.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7
(edited)
What is going to happen to Abigail  when Sami leaves???? I won't want to watch her then!

Unless the writers pull some really interesting stories out of their ass--fast--then I honestly can't imagine what will compel me to tune in once Sami and EJ are gone. One character or couple may not make or break a show but when there is virtually nothing else interesting going on or on the horizon, I don't see how ratings won't take some kind of a dip.  

She didn't ask her to enforce policy, she blackmailed her using innocent sick childrens donation into enforcing the policy. Sami doesn't care about hospital policy at all, or the hospital staff.  I hope Will points out how Sami got Abby fired in his article.

I have loved Kayla's character for years but her Horton worship (and Vic's this week too) has had me shaking my head, wondering what drugs the writers smoke that compel them to keep propping this once beloved but now horrendous sanctimonious family. 

That said, if Kayla did her job, she wouldn't have to have been "blackmailed."  Once she saw/realized that Abby really was guilty of violating hospital policy, she should have know what she had to do, whether she liked Abby, was related to Abby, or felt awkward talking to Abby about it or not.  The fact that Kayla would consider brushing it under the rug points to corruption within her own position at the hospital. Her job is to uphold policy. If she's unwilling to do that for "family" then she's not doing her job and Sami should move to replace her. 

Technically/legally Kayla couldn't construe what Sami is dong as blackmail. She's not holding a bad deed of Kayla's over her head and forcing her to do something to keep it quiet. Quite the opposite. Sami is exercising her rights as a board member and pointing out that insolent employees be terminated. Does Sami have a personal stake in this? Yes. But it's not blackmail.  

As Boes pointed out, in the real world Abby would be nothing more than a fly to be swatted and Sami would have been the one the hospital higher ups would be bending over to kiss her ass. Afterall, Sami wasn't denying the children of the world funding for a hospital wing or research or whatever the money is actually going to. Sami was still planning on donating the money, it was just a matter of which hospital got it.  If Salem University Hospital (or whatever it's called) wanted it bad enough, then all Kayla had to do was terminate one rule breaking employee. And Abby did break that rule. Sami didn't make that up. Otherwise another hospital got the funding. I don't see how that would play out bad in the media should Will decide to include it in his trashy expose. The general public generally doesn't like to see big wads of money thrown at "corrupt" organizations. The fact that Sami would pick a more reputable hospital should only add to her integrity. Afterall, if Salem U. Hospital has shady HR policies then the general public could assume they may also misuse donation funds.  Sami/Dimera Enterprises could easily spin it PR wise as picking the hospital with the best reputation. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 8

I wouldn't condone anyone acting like Sami in real life, but why does Abigail only interest me when she's being tortured by somebody?

Because Abby is only relevant when someone is pissed at her. 

What is going to happen to Abigail  when Sami leaves????

Hopefully she'll be heavily back burnered until KM's contract is up and she can be written out.

• Love 3
(edited)

She didn't ask her to enforce policy, she blackmailed her using innocent sick childrens donation into enforcing the policy. Sami doesn't care about hospital policy at all, or the hospital staff.  I hope Will points out how Sami got Abby fired in his article.

And as Peanuts6711 said so well  - 

Technically/legally Kayla couldn't construe what Sami is dong as blackmail. She's not holding a bad deed of Kayla's over her head and forcing her to do something to keep it quiet. Quite the opposite. Sami is exercising her rights as a board member and pointing out that insolent employees be terminated. Does Sami have a personal stake in this? Yes. But it's not blackmail.

Yep, no blackmail.  Blackmail means  to demand money or an action from (a person) in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information about that person.  What Sami did was to highlight the code that Abigail violated in the Hospital Employee handbook and told Kayla that if the follow-through - as written - wasn't used in Abigail's case, then Sami would reassign the money to another hospital.  That's a threat, but not blackmail.  Kayla's reluctance was strictly due to her feelings about Abigail, not because it wasn't true.

Frankly, if everyone wasn't so hot to paper over Abigail's bad behavior, maybe Sami wouldn't be so intent on exposing it.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

IMO, Sami isn't doing anything "wrong".  Yes, she has a personal stake in Abby getting fired but that doesn't discount that Abby has broken the rules.  When Dan was suspected of doing drugs, Kayla was sympathetic to him but she also made it very clear that she has to follow hospital protocol and put him on probation until the hearing.  How is this any different?

Take Sami out of the equation and replace her with Jane Doe.  There is no way a hospital wouldn't of fired Abby in a second once they learned that Abby was having an affair with a board member whose scorned wife is now in charge of his board seat and all donations to the hospital.  The Chief of Staff would of fired Abby immediately and would of contacted Jane Doe to ensure that Jane knew that the hospital didn't condone what the employee did and keep the peace.

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh yeah, Sami said another hospital could get the money. So she's not really depriving anybody of anything.

Sami let Abigail go with some dignity intact though. She could have really embarrassed Abigail by having her set through a hearing. That sounded scarier to me.

I thought it was a little weird that Kayla looked irritated before Sami even dropped the choice she had to make on her. That was odd. Most people would look confused at the revelation that Abigail had slept with EJ,  but Kayla looked irritated.  It almost seemed as if Kayla was ticked at Sami that Abigail had taken it upon herself to sleep with EJ, which I didn't get at all. Sami didn't make Abigail sleep with EJ...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Sami's schemes and plans always blow up in her face, it's just a matter of how she blows herself up.

LOL. The reason why Kate got back into Victor's good graces.

Oh yeah, Sami said another hospital could get the money. So she's not really depriving anybody of anything.

Sami let Abigail go with some dignity intact though. She could have really embarrassed Abigail by having her set through a hearing. That sounded scarier to me.

I thought it was a little weird that Kayla looked irritated before Sami even dropped the choice she had to make on her. That was odd. Most people would look confused at the revelation that Abigail had slept with EJ,  but Kayla looked irritated.  It almost seemed as if Kayla was ticked at Sami that Abigail had taken it upon herself to sleep with EJ, which I didn't get at all. Sami didn't make Abigail sleep with EJ...

Yeah it seems in a weird way that "people" are more irritated that Abby has been "brought into" Sami and EJ drama, as opposed to someone who is helping cause the drama.

Hell, I can understand the good will that Abby has with people but like Sami has pointed out and Kayla acknowledged, Abby is beginning to develop a pattern here of involving herself with "involved" men.

• Love 4

I can understand why people might like Abigail in comparison to Sami, but I don't get why people like Abigail in general. Most of the time she comes across as sort of irritated, surly, and snappy like her mother. So whenever people talk up her virtues, I don't get it. Obviously, I understand why Jennifer adores her, but the rest of the population liking her that much is weird to me. She's not generally pleasant to talk to.

• Love 3

I think the real lesson we can takeaway from the "Sami threatens Kayla to fire Abby" situation is that nepotism sucks.  As Abigail's aunt, Kayla should never have been in the position to hire/fire Abigail.  Abigail should never have been hired to work directly for her mom.  Of course, the same applied to Theresa.  She was given her hospital job as a family favor.  If these people would look outside their own bloodline to find employees, they might avoid a lot of potentially pesky employment situations.

Of course, that goes on the assumption that Salem's hospital is not some mom-and-pop organization. 

• Love 4

Unless the writers pull some really interesting stories out of their ass--fast--then I honestly can't imagine what will compel me to tune in once Sami and EJ are gone. One character or couple may not make or break a show but when there is virtually nothing else interesting going on or on the horizon, I don't see how ratings won't take some kind of a dip.

They really are shooting themselves in the foot by giving so much airtime to Sami and this story. Personally, I will be thrilled when she and EJ are gone, but they need to start moving some other stories forward. There's plenty going on. Granted, most of it's boring, or a waste of talent (Nicole/AZ), but there are opportunities. Ragey Sami has run its course for me, so I don't even find that interesting at this point. It's all going to depend on how quickly they move this story along and shift their focus. The Brady/Theresa angle is their best bet to transition right now. You've got a couple to root for or against in the center, core families and characters involved in their story, and a good actress in JL. 

• Love 1
(edited)
I can understand why people might like Abigail in comparison to Sami, but I don't get why people like Abigail in general.

That's why this story is so weird.  What is so likable about Abby (and Jen, for that matter) that everyone is falling over themselves to justify her shitty behavior?  I haven't seen her do anything that would explain why everyone thinks she's so great to begin with.  I do not get it.  It's like someone said upthread a bit.  Abby says she wants to take responsibility for screwing EJ while pretending to be Sami's friend and babysitting her children, but the second someone does something to hold her accountable, she cries and acts like she's being victimized.  Hypocrisy on soaps is a staple, but no one calling Abby (and Jen) on their hypocrisy and coddling them instead is baffling.  And maddening.  Whatever.  I'm going to try to enjoy the good bits anyway, because even at it's worst Days is still better than GH.

Which, I was reminded this morning of how poorly Ingo Rademacher was treated at GH at the end of his run.  I wish they'd bring him over to Days.  He's a good actor, he's gorgeous, and he's tall.  Can you imagine him with AZ?  Or Eve?  Or Kate?  Or a new woman to take the time currently wasted on Jennifer?  Days is in desperate need of another man in the 30s/40s range anyway, and I'd love to have IR back on my screen.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 7
(edited)

Per today's episode..

Will is a little twirp who might as well drop out of college now because there is no point in getting a higher degree if you are going to throw away your writing integrity writing smutty pieces on your mother and tossing ethics out the door recording your grandmother without her knowledge.  Wasn't there a journalism 101 class that thought him those things?  Between Will and Abby & Jen who have terrible work ethics, it doesn't look like Salem High and Salem U produces the most desirable employees. 

As for Miss Abigail, this girl is so delusional when it comes to sex, love, and relationships that if there isn't a bed at the looney bin reserved with her name on it, then there should be. Newsflash Abby--Sharing a love of art and literature does not equate to a meaningful relationship or phenomenal sex. We all here share a "love" (or love/hate) of this show but we aren't all jumping in bed with each other. If we applied her logic, this would be an orgy not a forum. 

I'm so sick of little Miss Deveraux stinking up my TV screen with her 'I'm better than you' and 'men want me because of it' attitude.  Someone, anyone, PLEASE broadcast that mistress begging video in town square so once and for all Abby's delusional daydreams can be exposed when they see EJ shoot her down and proclaim Sami the love of his life.  Because after the fat lies she spouted to Sami today, lies that it seems her delusional mind thinks are true despite what EJ has told her, I don't think there's anyone else on the show who needs a wake-up call more. (Though her mother is a close second).

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 6
She's not generally pleasant to talk to.

She really isn't, is she?  I loved Sami's pointing out that Abby felt bad for about a minute--that was awesome and very true.  But I'm confused, I don't remember Abby and EJ having long conversations about art and literature where they connected on a spiritual as well as a physical basis.  I just remember a man looking for a piece on the side and the desperate nominally attractive cupcake who obliged him.  And how desperate did Abby sound with her "We had sex three times and he kept coming back for more!"  Meanwhile, EJ's been obsessed with Sami for eight years and is determined to win her back.  In what delusional world is Abby living in where she and EJ are deeply in love?

Will is scarily unethical and what's worse is that he doesn't seem to care that he is potentially destroying his mother and grandmother, all in the name of protecting Abby.

• Love 6

This sucks.  It looks like the idiot writers are going to waste Sami's final months in Salem on the boring twit.  I want to see Sami ruin EJ's life, and destroy the Dimeras with Kate's help.  That would be entertaining.

I guess once AS and JS are gone, Kate, Victor, and Stefano will battle for DE?

• Love 2

Well, thanks for nothing EJ! I have no doubt that your ridiculous and inexplicable tongue-bathing of Abby resulted in Miss Entitled deciding to 'stand up for herself' to Sami and brag about the magical connection between you and all that noise. Given that I never really bought Abby feeling bad for what she did (never seemed sincere to me) I certainly didn't buy 'I did feel bad but now I don't!'

At this point, though, I have no faith in the writers to actually bring the hammer down. On anyone.

Oh, and EJ's favorite artist is Raphael? Are we sure that it's not his favorite ninja turtle? Because that I would believe.

Stupid EJ. Why he's as desperate as everyone else in town to make sure that Abby feels really awesome about herself in the midst of this is beyond me.

Come on, Show. What are you doing here?

We all here share a "love" (or love/hate) of this show but we aren't all jumping in bed with each other.

Well, now I'm really disappointed.

• Love 6

I'm getting the sinking feeling that this SL is going to end with Abby/Will/Hortons/Self-Righteous A-holes the world over emerging victorious, and running Sami out of town. Do the writers truly think their audience primarily sees Sami and Kate as the bad guys in this scenario? Do they think most viewers are hoping to see Sami destroyed?

• Love 4

Aww... Poor Abby and ej... How dare big mean Sami ruin her all over town and the little baby has to cry.... Mommy yelled at big mean Sammy and now Abby got to.... Omg... And ej had to put his big boy pants on and act all tough because he doesn't get his way right now and has to threaten Sami....ahh true love:)...

Moving on, Eric needs to get over his sucky priest self....he is soooo mad and hurt by Nicole as he told reverend Tim Tom, but yeah he is going to the Vatican with her to become a sucky priest yet again.... I guess he would use anyone to make mommy and daddy happy....but they won't be happy when they hear how their precious priest is going to Rome with the wicked Nicole....

As for will. I used to like him, but wth? He is such a hypocrite! He blasts his mom and ej for their bad stuff, and yet he is using people for his story....I wish Sonny would leave him and he would end up with Abigail...they could raise ari together and then judge everyone around him... I am on sonny's side and used to like them together until will started this crap...

And so now I guess Abby is going to tell mommy that she went and talked to big mean Sami, mommy will be glad. Jordan May or May not tell rafe...who is probably suspicious as hell that she is talking to another guy so he can wear that stupid look on his face..

. And I wonder how long it will be before Brady gets high again? Oh wait... Probably when he hears Kristen's name, has a flashback of what happened and he'll get the coke vial and drink to forget her and he'll probably go back to hating Eric again...

• Love 3

So is Will planning on trashing Sami, Kate, and EJ in his article?  The three people Will relied on to fight his battle with Nick?  Okay then, Will sucks, and Sonny deserves so much better.

• Love 9
I hope Will points out how Sami got Abby fired in his article.

Yes, I'm sure the readers of his article will have lots of sympathy for an employee who knowingly violated hospital policy with an firable offense, and not for something admirable like breaking a rule in order to help a sick patient, but to have sex with an engaged man.

I actually don't think Will can put it in his article, since one of his goals is to keep Abby from being embarrassed, and if he writes about Abby being fired, he has to write why Abby was fired.

• Love 6

Will is an unethical little pissy bitch. I hope Kate slaps the shit out of him when she finds out what he did. I also hope his little article destroys his raggedy writing career. No decent newspaper (or wherever he works) should want a crap writer like him working for them.

Gagby needs to be murdered, revived, and then murdered again. Who the hell does this stupid trick think she is confronting Sami. Since when do whores act like this? Sami should have pulled out a gun and shot that disgusting piece of trash. Am I supposed to be impressed because she tried to threaten Sami? What a joke. The only people who should ever be worried about that baboon are women who are in committed relationships with men. 

I'm so hoping EJ brings up the evidence against Sami and Will. I want to see his face when he realizes Sami destroyed it and now he has nothing to hang over her.

• Love 7

So is Will planning on trashing Sami, Kate, and EJ in his article?  The three people Will relied on to fight his battle with Nick?  Okay then, Will sucks, and Sonny deserves so much better.

Sonny should leave Will and get together with either T, or even the guy who will was into when he first came out....it would be an improvement to even see him with a paper bag or blow up doll...

• Love 2

I'm getting the sinking feeling that this SL is going to end with Abby/Will/Hortons/Self-Righteous A-holes the world over emerging victorious, and running Sami out of town. Do the writers truly think their audience primarily sees Sami and Kate as the bad guys in this scenario? Do they think most viewers are hoping to see Sami destroyed?

If that ends up being the case I won’t just take a hiatus from Salem, I will be permanently done because every time I think about tuning back in, I’ll just remember the garbage they pulled.

• Love 2

Do they think most viewers are hoping to see Sami destroyed?

I think so. A few weeks ago, I wouldn't have wanted it, but Sami's been on this show for 20 plus years without maturing. If her last story arc isn't about her finally growing up, like I'd hoped, I say bring on the downfall. Being the victim instead of the victimizer isn't growth, it's just the luck of the draw. That her downfall might come at the hands of someone as useless as Abby is just stupid, though. I'd much rather it be Kate that turns on her, but I can't have everything I want.

(edited)

Because of how polarizing Sami is, I can believe a portion of the audience wants to see her go down.

But I don't see anybody really feeling bad for Abigail, either, except for direct fans of Kate Mansi.

Although I can see Sami vs. Abigail being a thing for the writers, I tend to see the audience (or part of it) feeling dislike for Sami and whatever it is people feel for Abigail as separate things.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, uh, that confrontation between Abigail and Sami was weird to watch.

I went in expecting Sami to look like a nutcase because of the revenge "plans" and because Abigail grabbed her arm and went in looking for a screamy-fight a la Nicole and Sami,  but strangely it was Abigail who came off desperate and crazy. What the....when she pulled out the book, I was perplexed as to what Abigail was trying to do....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
(edited)

but strangely it was Abigail who came off desperate and crazy. 

Abby IS desperate and crazy. No one except her would have the audacity to confront the wife of the man she was having an affair with. Someone needs to tell her sidepieces don't get sympathy and need to hide in the corner where they belong. What kind of freak has absolutely no remorse or shame about begging to be someone's mistress. She needs a psych evaluation.  

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 7
(edited)

Why did EJ look sexually turned on when Sami said "bring it on; I dare you"? Well, uh, probably because it's EJ.

Did Abigail actually spend that much time talking to EJ about art and literature? I thought Abigail spent way more time talking to Sami about that things. I don't remember EJ and Abigail talking about art and literature in the cabin or the closet...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Did Abigail actually spend that much time talking to EJ about art and literature? I thought Abigail spent way more time talking to Sami about that things. I don't remember EJ and Abigail talking about art and literature in the cabin or the closet...

EJ and Abby spent all their time having sex, trying to have sex, talking about how bad they feel about having sex, and worrying what would happen if anyone ever found out they were having sex. 

• Love 2
(edited)

If Sami was having one final war with someone she has been fighting with for years, this might be interesting.  It would still depend on who it was, and what the fight was over.

If the writers were going with the boring twit being crazy and delusional, it might be interesting.  However, I don’t think that is the case.

Could at least one of these writers remember that Sami has gone up against mobsters (from at least three different crime families), been raped by three different men (and she shot all three of them at some point), has shot several people (killing some of them), has been shot herself, was sent to death row and executed, had her daughter kidnapped and believed to be dead, etc.  Exactly what is the pathetic sidepiece going to do to Sami?

I want to see Kate/Sami vs. the Dimeras.  EJ manhandling Sami today better be the beginning of this, and if TIIC try to put Sami/EJ together as a romantic couple after this, I will be spitting nails.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

I absolutely come to hate cat fights on daytime tv, however, I would have been cheering if Sami had whooped that trick Abigail. The mighty nerve of that wench to confront Sami. Sami should have whipped Miss Cupcakes batter so damn hard that it would have never risen again.

I just can't wrap my head around the writing. It is truly their attention to have viewers be sympathetic to a woman who actively threw herself at an engaged man? Are we supposed to be Rooting for the side piece? I just can't take another session of 'oh Abby, don't beat yourself up over this. It isn't your fault." I. JUST. CAN'T.   

• Love 9
(edited)

Does Abigail really think she's a "quick study"? If that were the case, why does she keep assuming EJ wants her back, and then gets confused every time he brushes her off?

I think if Abigail had actually confronted Sami about the job firing and Sami generally being a witch to her, that would be fine. But when she started giving an assessment of what she thought she had with EJ and sounded like she was about to cry as she was trying to convince Sami of what she had with EJ, I couldn't help but wonder what was wrong with her. I couldn't tell if she was saying that simply to get to Sami or if she actually believed what she was saying (I'm going with the latter because of the quiver in her voice).  AZ  or LK probably would have delivered those lines differently. I came to think Abigail was a loony-tunes but the writers don't seem to know this.

Edited to add:

If Abigail had actually managed to get to Sami, then I suppose her confrontation of Sami might have been successful. But Abigail's words didn't even seem to hurt Sami the way I expected -- instead, all it seemed to do was remind Sami that she never wanted to have sex with EJ ever again (is EJ ever going to to get laid again? I hope EJ realizes that Abigail just put him in the doghouse for good!). So, while there was hurt there from Sami's end, the hurt didn't seem to be about the insecurities Abigail was trying to hit. The hurt seemed to be more generally about EJ, rather than what Abigail sees as virtues in herself and deficiencies in Sami....so that made Abigail look even more stupid...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don’t know what the hell the writers were going for with this SL, but what they have shown is that:

EJ does not love Sami. He is obsessed with her, wants to control and possess her, but he does not love her.

EJ would cheat again, and doesn’t think he did anything wrong by cheating in the first place.

Sami had sex with EJ when she didn’t want to because she is trying to get him out of her life for good. Do the idiot writers even remember what happened in 2006 when EJ raped Sami the night of Lucas’ accident?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Well, well well! The Johnson/Deveraux side of Abigail FINALLY came out today and I loved it! Kate Mansi OWNED those scenes! NOW, this is Jack Deveraux's daughter! I hope the writers continue to give the actress more meaty material in the future to work with!

(edited)

When Abigail was yelping, "No, Sami that is not true...you know that is not true" I was cringing. Who was she trying to convince? Sami or herself?

Was Will interviewing Kate (without her consent?) What is he doing???

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

EJ would cheat again, and doesn’t think he did anything wrong by cheating in the first place.

Kate told her, if not Abigail, another "young thing will come along" that he will hook up with. He want his cake and cupcakes to.

• Love 1
(edited)

Since Abigail had that crazy-face going on when Kate talked to her, I could see Abigail going after EJ now.  (BTW, why does Kate think Abigail is gracious? When has Abigail ever been gracious? Yeah, okay, she has less crimes to her name than Sami, but that still doesn't equate to gracious).

Abigail going after EJ could hurt Sami, but her family wouldn't have any leg to stand on in terms of defending Abigail either.

What was Kate referencing from the Horton past when she was speaking to Abigail?

Edited to add:

Also, why does Abigail consider  it weird for a woman to hire an art history tutor to impress her fiancee? That's not necessarily unusual -- that doesn't mean anybody is insecure about their love; it just means they want to do something nice for their fiancee.That whole conversation from Abigail's end was strange...why couldn't Abigail come up with any better insults? There are so many other things she could have brought up (like whatever Sami has done to other people in her past), but she brings up the art tutoring thing as a sign of weakness? Why can't she hurl an insult properly?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3