Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

That;s  what I'm not getting either. For the longest time, I've been making the assumption that Kate doesn't actually want Rafe, because I don't get her plan at all....

Everything Sami is doing makes sense in terms of getting what she wants. Whether it all blows up in her face, we don't know yet, but the steps seem logical.

Kate's plan seems way dumber to me but she's generally considered the smarter one. Even if Kate double-crosses Sami, I don't get how she's going to get Rafe with this plan....I suppose the writers need to use Sami and Kate to get Jordan's past fully revealed, though. Because at the present moment, everyone in town, except for Rafe and Kate, probably cares even less than the audience does about Jordan's and Ben's past.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I agree Black Knight, the two boring twits aren’t up for taking on Sami let alone Sami and Kate.  I’m fine with Sami putting the idiots in their place, but EJ and Stefano are the ones Kate and Sami should be concentrating on.  I can’t wait for Sami to spike EJ’s guns when he tries to threaten her with that evidence, and she tells him she burned it.

I want Sami to go out on a high note.  Kate and Sami demolish EJ and Stefano, Sami leaves Salem with her children, and is running CW from Chicago or Colorado.  If Corday and the writers had any brains, they would capitalize on the fact that AS has the #1 Q score, and has more followers on Facebook and Twitter than Days does.  They need to get more people watching, and keep them watching after AS and JS are gone.  Instead they are losing viewers.

Nothing about Kate/Rafe makes sense.  The writers are trying to use Kate, and now Sami to make Rafe/Jordan interesting and it is not working.  Especially since whatever Jordan’s secret is (I so don’t care), I doubt it can top anything Sami or Kate have done.  Rafe did everything he could to cover up Sami shooting EJ in the head so Jordan/Ben’s hand wringing is just pathetic, boring, and lame.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

This bears repeating:  Abby lacks any self-awareness.  I LOVED how angry and pissed off she looked while she sniped at Sami that she might have just ruined Rafe and Jordan's relationship, while completely ignoring her own culpability in the demise of Sami and EJ's relationship.  That is some stunning self-delusion there.  And I will forever love Sami's constantly pointing out what a hypocrite and liar Abby is--that can never be said enough.

Also, Sami looked utterly unimpressed by JJ's being an Abby apologist--I get that he's a Horton and has to excuse Abby's behavior because of it, but he has no business "confronting" Sami.  She is the wronged party and Abby isn't a victim.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8

Also, Sami looked utterly unimpressed by JJ's being an Abby apologist--I get that he's a Horton and has to excuse Abby's behavior because of it, but he has no business "confronting" Sami.  She is the wronged party and Abby isn't a victim.

If someone was flying around town spouting off about how my sister was a slut?  You can bet your ass I'd say something to them about it.  Whether she was the wronged party or not.  Sami is doing herself no favors with her hateful vitriol.  She certainly hasn't won this viewer over.

Same old Sami.

• Love 2

OMG, Jordan!  Please stop making that scrunchy face!  It is so annoying!  She was so much more appealing when she wore glasses.

Kate and Sami are just all kinds of awesome.  I love how Sami doesn't let anyone upset her and she has all kinds of comebacks.  There's not a person in Salem without some sort of sin/crime and I LOVE that Sami throws it in their face as soon as they start judging her.

Ya know what would be great?  If Eric jumped out of the plane to get away from Nicole.  And Nicole could sit there with her big buggy eyes and say "what? did I do something to make you mad?"

• Love 6
If someone was flying around town spouting off about how my sister was a slut?  You can bet your ass I'd say something to them about it.  Whether she was the wronged party or not.

If I was a sister to a woman who had an affair with an engaged man, and had also tried to trick another married man into thinking they'd slept together, I'd keep my nose out of it.  In fact, I'd encourage my sister to get the therapy she desperately needs.  I wouldn't confront the wife, I'd keep my mother closed because there is absolutely no defense to what Abby and EJ did, no explanation that could ever make Sami feel better or to feel less betrayed.

I have to admit to also loving the Brady/Therea's scenes--there's so much untapped potential and I'm afraid the writers are ruining it.

• Love 8

Ugh Abby you are THE WORST! Go crawl back to your mommy and STFU you annoying indecent piece of trash.

JJ can have 1000 seats. What a dumb stupid idiot. His weak attempt at threatening Sami was embarrassing.

Someone needs to teach the dumb Horton siblings what it means to be a sidepiece and what happens when you get caught.

If someone was flying around town spouting off about how my sister was a slut?  You can bet your ass I'd say something to them about it.  Whether she was the wronged party or not.

If Sami were actually trying to cause serious bodily harm to Abby then I would understand her family trying to defend her. As of right now, all Sami is doing is giving that freak some hard truths and she deserves to hear every word of it. JJ and the rest of his stank family can get bent because Abby is the perpetrator and there's noting they can do about it.

• Love 8

Maybe if Abby doesn't like being called a slut, she shouldn't have acted like a slut.

Sometimes I think I entered the twilight zone. In what universe is Sami so horrible for calling her out and firing her from a hospital she now co- owns. Especially if Abby broke policy?

• Love 8

If Aibigail doesn't like being  called a slut, she probably shouldn't have called other people sluts!

Abigail and Jennifer should probably retire the word themselves on other people if they're going to get upset at people for using the word on them.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

Yep, the boring twit got in Chloe, Eve, and Nicole's face about their supposed sluttiness, and she was bad mouthing Sami behind her back BEFORE Sami exposed EJ's cheating, and now she whines because Sami responds when she is attacked.

JJ, Jordan, Jenn, and Abby are stupid for picking fights with Sami, and they are even dumber for not realizing that Sami could do so much worse.  All Sami has done is tell the truth, and ask Kayla to enforce hospital policy.  That’s nothing compared to what Sami is capable of.  These fools need to STFU and leave Sami alone.

• Love 7

It just amuses me. Like, what exactly does JJ think he's accomplishing? Does he believe Sami gives a shit that he's upset that she's telling the truth about what his sister did? Does he believe he has any power whatsoever to sway her? It's utterly pointless. These confrontations by people who are no match for her are hilarious to watch because Sami gives them all the seriousness they deserve - i.e. none. She's just amused, throws out a verbal smackdown to remind them what idiots they are, and sashays on her way to continue ruling the world with Kate. Kami FTW!

• Love 8

These confrontations by people who are no match for her are hilarious to watch because Sami gives them all the seriousness they deserve - i.e. none.

Why are these people acting like this? Why are they acting like their opinions are relevant and that anyone is taking them seriously? Just stop embarrassing yourselves and go take a time out.

I'm ready for Tamiflu and Rollie Ollie Pollie Mollie to be exterminated.

• Love 1

These confrontations by people who are no match for her are hilarious to watch because Sami gives them all the seriousness they deserve - i.e. none.

I think she is taking it seriously, though. Otherwise,she'd have realized Salem-days ago that Abby's not worth her time. 

• Love 1

Yes, she wants to hurt Abby, although not as much as she could hurt Abby. But that's an entirely separate thing. She's hurting Abby for having slept with her fiance. But these individual confrontations where Abby and others yap at her and try to act smug and superior and threatening? You can see how seriously she's taking those from her demeanor and what she says - the smirks and so forth. Heck, she couldn't even be bothered to slap Abby across the face properly.

And that's the best case scenario - dismissive amusement - for these people confronting her. Worst case scenario is that they do upset her enough that she decides to do more damage. She's sitting on that reorganization plan of Ann's, after all, which Ann specifically mentioned started with the PR department. She can make Jen's life so very miserable if she wants, if the Hortons annoy her enough.

Speaking of Ann, dare I hope that the surgeon she wanted Sami to do something about is Dr. Dan? Could a reckoning finally be coming for all his unprofessional behavior with his patients?

• Love 7

What Sami is doing to Abigail isn't as bad as what she could do to her though. The worst she's done to her is an after-school consequence lesson. I know Sami is considered bad for taking Abigail's job away from her, but that actually seems like something fairly normal I've seen done in real life. Mrs. Edwards may have done the same to Rielle Hunter, and that lady is below everyone and isn't worth anybody's time at all.

• Love 4

It's actually only been a few days Salem time since Sami had EJ thrown in jail and revealed she knew everything, and again Sami hasn't done anything except tell the truth.  Honestly, Kate and Sami could burn Salem to the ground, leave Salem with Sami's younger children and Sonny, and I would be cheering them on.

• Love 4

I actually wish all women....including characters written on TV shows and the viewing public of those shows....would cease use of the word slut, whore, trash, etc from their vocabulary when describing other women.

For those of you "wishing Sami goes out on a high note"....what is it you think is happening right now?  It's pretty clear I'm in the minority when it comes to the Sami hatred.  And the entire town is against her yet she's plowing through and mowing everyone down just in grand Sami style the way she's always done.  She doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks of what she's doing and hasn't changed course or lightened up.  She hasn't let anyone tell her she's being unreasonable or allowed anyone to speak down to her about what she's doing.

I dunno what you're expecting, but that's Sami on a high note if you ask me.  She's in control and feared right now.  Which, I suspect, is what most people enjoy about her.  She's always been the lone survivor (in a manner of speaking) and has done her own thing despite what anyone else has to say about it.

If I loved a character, I can't imagine a better way for her to go out.  Guns blazing, taking everyone down with her on the way out?  That's what I'd expect from Sami.  

• Love 2
If I loved a character, I can't imagine a better way for her to go out.  Guns blazing, taking everyone down with her on the way out?  That's what I'd expect from Sami.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking of when I say I want to see her go out on a high note. I want her to leave happy and triumphant, with her kids and not with EJ. And then I want Salem to throw a party because they're so fucking relieved that she's not around to destroy them anymore. Heh.

The worst she's done to her is an after-school consequence lesson. I know Sami is considered bad for taking Abigail's job away from her, but that actually seems like something fairly normal I've seen done in real life.

Speaking of, wasn't it funny when Kayla handed Abby the employee policy handbook and Abby was all confused initially about what the moral conduct section could possibly have to do with her. As much as she claims to take responsibility, that she knows what she did was wrong...she really doesn't believe it in her little Holy Horton Heart.

• Love 5

You can see how seriously she's taking those from her demeanor and what she says - the smirks and so forth. Heck, she couldn't even be bothered to slap Abby across the face properly.

I see what you're saying, but I have a different take on the way she's "acting". That's exactly what I think it is--acting. She affects these weird tone and mannerisms that are very...un-Sami when she's talking to or about Abby. It could be her trying to poke fun and announce to everyone that she doesn't take them seriously, I suppose. But to me, especially after she parroted some of the things Abby said to her right back at EJ, it seems more like a nervous tick, that she's trying too hard to appear in control. The supposed real Sami would have bulldozed over Abby, yes. But she hasn't, in part I think because Sami has no idea how to react appropriately when the shoe's on the other foot. Sami's always been the bad one.in these situations. Everything about her demeanor screams that she's hiding her real feelings, whether they be hurt, anger, insecurity. I don't dare say she's having a touch of self awareness and doesn't like what she sees about own past actions and that her discomfort with that is coming through in her behavior, though I'd like that to be the case.

Also, I just realized that it could be AS's return to bad acting choices. That hadn't crossed my mind before...

Why didn't Daniel call the police???

Because he assumes all police departments are as ineffective as the Salem PD?

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 1

I dunno what you're expecting, but that's Sami on a high note if you ask me.

I want her to completely destroy EJ and leave Stefano mortally wounded (figuratively and/or literally). I want her to leave town with her kids, complete ownership of CW, and a stake in DE if it still exits. Taking ownership of some Dimeria properties and a corporate jet wouldn't hurt either. Bonus points if she burns down the mansion. Finally, I want her to leave town on good terms with Lucas, Kate, Sonny, Ari, Caroline, Roman, and maybe Eric and Brady. Probably wouldn't hurt for her to remain friendly with Rafe too because having a cop with FBI connections on your team is always helpful. If I'm being greedy I also want her to move somewhere close by and hook back up with Lucas off screen. If I'm being outrageous I would have her throw Nicole and Kristen in the river, implant a virus in Marlena that causes her to malfunction, convince Sonny that he's too good for Will, and throw pies at Jen, JJ, and Abby.  I know very little (if any) of that will happen but that's what I would write if I had control of the show.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Jordan continues to be coma-inducing.

Abigail's lack of self-awareness continues to be grating, but at least that's something, I guess, compared to Jordan  and her blah-ness. I wonder if having the glasses back would make her seem more interesting.

Jordan didn't seem to believe Sami, but then she did actually seem to. What about Rafe's demeanour gave it away? I guess her acting with Rafe wasn't quite as bad though since anybody else looks good next to him...

JJ seemed to frame his argument as strangely as everybody else. Confronting Sami is fine if you are able to take what she's going to say, but to expect her to just take what you're saying but not eventually react back with her own strongly-framed counter-argument is super- dumb.

I did think Sami was quite gentle with JJ though. I was expecting a super-angry Sami, but she seemed almost....sweet? with him...while giving her counter-argument. I wonder if she kind of likes him in a way (not romantically, but finds him endearing like we do), because that was a pretty gentle Sami I was seeing with him. In fact, I kind of wondered why Jennifer had never schooled him that way. I thought her tone of voice while reading the riot list to him was kind of nice....what is happening to me???

Meanwhile, could I have Brady's moisturizer?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

For me, if Sami gets back together with EJ, or forgives him in any way that ruins everything. 

If Sami tells the boring twit or anyone else she is sorry for anything she has done to the pathetic side piece, that will ruin everything. 

Sami being angry in this instance is justified, and I’m enjoying Kate and Sami’s revenge.  I don’t want Stefano to show up at the last minute and undo everything.

After eight years of EJ trying to destroy her life because Stefano’s lying cheating father couldn’t handle the fact that Colleen left him because he had been deceiving her from day one, Stefano wasting his life trying to destroy the Bradys to get revenge for his father (for what I don’t know since his lying cheating father was the one in the wrong), and making their lives miserable, everything Kristen has done, EJ coming to Salem to cause them more problems, I want Sami to annihilate the Dimeras.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

It doesn't seem like Sami has gone around the entire town telling everybody what Abigail did, because Brady and Marlena seem to have no idea what's going on with Sami. I mean, I know they're busy with other things, but if the news had passed  through the grapevine somehow from Sami's mouth as  a big gossip item, I figured they'd know. And I'm a little surprised Ann doesn't seem to know what went down, especially with the resignation letter being handed in. You'd think she'd be snooping....uh, well, I would...

The only people who seem to know about the infidelity are Abigail's family, and Ben and Jordan.

LK's acting was a little weird today with Rafe and Jordan. Only Rafe would be dumb enough to believe that act...

I wonder what the Vatican set is going to look like. Probably pretty bad....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I haven't had a strong opinion on Sami recently. I was an EJami fan, but even that faded.

Now, I absolutely love her.  She is on fire.

Kiddie pool, indeed. Hee!

• Love 1

These confrontations by people who are no match for her are hilarious to watch because Sami gives them all the seriousness they deserve - i.e. none. She's just amused, throws out a verbal smackdown to remind them what idiots they are, and sashays on her way to continue ruling the world with Kate. Kami FTW!

I find them sad which I credit to AS's acting and to the very strange phenomena that only Sami's dialogue doesn't sound like its being spouted by residents of bizarro world.  Is it possible that everyone but Sami has been transported to Melaswan Island and replaced by replicas?  Think about it, it makes a weird kind of sense.

Anyway, a good example of this is Sami's talk with Kayla.  If you compare that confrontation to how she told Eric and Will about the cheating, Sami was much more brittle and not expecting a single bit of sympathy with Aunt Kayla.  Sami hoped, in the beginning, that her family would support her.  She wasn't sure of that which is why she told Eric she thought everyone would just say 'I told you so' and decided to plot to take EJ down so she wouldn't be the victim.  But the lack of sympathy and support over the cheating and the clear disappointment in Sami and their need to protect Abby has disabused Sami of the notion her family might have her back.  That she expects nothing from Kayla screams that.  'Poor Jen'  indeed.

I think the confrontations with Abby's annoying friends and family is cutting up Sami too, just not in the way they intend.  Sami knows she's not wrong.  But she's comparing.  She's comparing how Marlena, Eric, and especially Will treat Sami when she's in the wrong (heck when she's the victim) to how Abby is treated when she is the one who chases after men in relationships.  Her conversation with JJ said it all.  When JJ said Will would be ashamed of Sami for what she is doing to Abby; she rebutted that he didn't think Will would have any sympathy for what his Mother is going through and then agreed that he was probably right.  She brought up how compared to her, JJ and Abby basically skate on their misdeeds with no punishment.

These confrontations are so one sided that Sami always wins.  But in winning, she's still losing because everyone of them emphasizes for Sami that she is utterly alone.

I've been trying to figure out why everyone is treating Sami this way.  I don't think its as much of a Horton thing as I've been assuming.  I think Sami scares the crap out of them; hence the continual trying to repoint Sami at EJ and away from Abby by Jen and JJ.  To a large degree, I think everyone is confronting Sami over the things they imagine she could do to Abby as if she has done them.  What Sami has done is actually pretty tame.  She confronted the mistress {her mother not premeditated), the mistress' boyfriend, got her removed from the hospital {which Kayla should have done on her own} and went to her family for support.  I am actually pretty proud of Sami, she seems to be sticking to her plan and not going nuclear because of how these idiots keep treating her.  It shows a level of maturity that I didn't know she had.  Unfortunately no character on the show is noticing.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 9

I loved the Kiddie Pool line, and Sami telling JJ she has great aim to just ask around.

I'm noticing even if the idiots in Salem aren't.  I think AS is doing a great job, and her acting has been excellent.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

I think the difference between the way Sami is being treated right now vs. Brady is a little noticeable to me.

People told Brady time and time again not to go near Kristen (who is most likely a bigger nutcase than EJ), but I don't remember anyone registering a lack of sympathy for him after the sex tape was shown, not even from the brother who got raped by Kristen and then got his lights punched out by Brady. Everyone keeps rallying around Brrady trying to help him out with his drug problem, but I'm not entirely sure why since I think his brain might be a lost cause when it comes to women...

And I get the argument that Sami wasn't nice to her family when she was younger -- hence, her family hates her. But Brady wasn't really nice to Marlena and John when he was younger either...heck, I don't even think he's that nice to them now....

I suppose Brady lost his deviousness when he lost his brain, but he does have a past that is comparatively weirder than Eric's and Carrie's. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I think the difference between the way Sami is being treated right now vs. Brady is a little noticeable to me.

People told Brady time and time again not to go near Kristen (who is most likely a bigger nutcase than EJ), but I don't remember anyone registering a lack of sympathy for him after the sex tape was shown, not even from the brother who got raped by Kristen and then got his lights punched out by Brady. Everyone keeps rallying around Brrady trying to help him out with his drug problem, but I'm not entirely sure why since I think his brain might be a lost cause when it comes to women...

And I get the argument that Sami wasn't nice to her family when she was younger -- hence, her family hates her. But Brady wasn't really nice to Marlena and John when he was younger either...heck, I don't even think he's that nice to them now....

I suppose Brady lost his deviousness when he lost his brain, but he does have a past that is comparatively weirder than Eric's and Carrie's. 

I think it comes down to they know Sami can and will destroy them or someone they care about if they end up on her bad side, so they try to front that any retaliation Sami dishes out is undeserved.  Brady gets sympathy because he stupidly falls under the spell of someone who will destroy them.  So at best he's the flunky and usually he's the dupe and there is a bigger bad to worry about when Brady is involved.

Edited by ParadoxLost

AbiSkank "I'm not trying to butt in" and "It's none of my business" but I have to keep talking about it and make it my business. She's such a joke. She says she deserves some of the things that Sami is doing to her yet she lets people stick up for her. Why don't she tell them to stop and let Sami do what she has to do to get it over with. All these people sticking up for her in front of Sami is only gonna provoke Sami even more.

Case in point JJ confronting Sami and glad Sami pointed out JJ's behavior with barely a slap on the wrist and everyone in Salem giving Abby a pass. It's why Abby thinks that she can sleep with men that don't belong to her because Hortons will forever back her up. Abby can seduce Victor and everyone will blame Victor. I did love Sami saying that she's playing in the kiddie pool cause that's all she's been dealing with over the past couple of days. Raggedy ass children mostly the Horton family and that includes her bitchiest bitch of the bitches son Will.

Even when cheated on all Grimace Sue can do is grimace. SMDH. Go away.

The rest I didn't care for or watch.

• Love 5

I loved Sami today and can't wait to see what she has in store for EJ and Abigail.  If she could grind that little douche JJ into dust, too, well that's fine by me.  Damn if that kid hasn't become as insufferable as his idiot sister and mother. 

Daniel has actually had a spark the last few days.  Interesting.

And just when I think AZ's hair couldn't get any worse, it does.  It's not as bad as that dark colored, Kate plus Eight reverse mullet thing she had in some old clips (I wasn't watching then; maybe that was a bad wig?), but that's not saying much. Anyway, they need to go a different direction with both Nicole and Eric.  She's pathetic and he's boring.  It doesn't need to be this way.

I really don't care about Jordan and Ben, but especially Ben because he just means more screen time for Abigail.

• Love 5

Abigail doesn't seem to have that heroine quality Carrie had.

I found Carrie pretty annoying during the "let me take Lucas's sperm while I cheat on him with his brother" era, and the time she took her top off in front of Rafe while that weird song played wasn't any better,  but in the end, i was never really perplexed by the idea of her being a heroine. Despite her flaws and mistakes and seeming passive-aggressiveness, she did seem to live up to her end of the deal of seeming heroine-like. But Abigail...I don't get this lady at all.

Edited by bantering

So here is what I learned from today's show:

1. If you hold someone captive, you don't leave them and run,,, nooooo you sit in the closet and keep them company!! You have her tied up. Now go!!!!

2. If someone is offering to help you and even goes as far as the Vatican, but uh oh, then mean Nicole's plane got changed, and they are sitting next to you on the plane, Suck it up, put your big boy panties on, and be human! Get that pissy look off your face and be human... If you can forgive everyone else, practice what you preach!!!!

3. Jj is as stupid as his sister! But they could murder someone, hide the body, and everyone would blame the victim!!! Ben is wearing his stupid face too... I am waiting for chad to come back and maybe he'll call out Abigail, or no,he'll probably blame ej.... So in other words, it's pretty sad when your brother and your boyfriend share the same brain!!!

4. Jordan and rafe- well now rafe can walk around looking stupid even more!!! Cause he was drunk...yawn...and upset about gabi, yawn, yawn....you push Jordan away and shack up with Kate!! I think all the stupid people should start a club...I can't wait to see Jordan go after Kate....

• Love 1

Even though I am completely overwhelmed by the acting ability of the actors playing Ben and Jordan, I am kind of looking forward to his realization that Jordan is to Sami as Abby is to Kate.  His beloved sister is the cheated on wronged party so will Ben finally see how wrong he is with his support of Abby?  I wonder if he can think that deeply :):)

Even though I am completely overwhelmed by the acting ability of the actors playing Ben and Jordan, I am kind of looking forward to his realization that Jordan is to Sami as Abby is to Kate.  His beloved sister is the cheated on wronged party so will Ben finally see how wrong he is with his support of Abby?  I wonder if he can think that deeply :):)

I doubt it.  Rafe is Abby and Kate is EJ in this scenario.  So any connections made between Sami and Jordan roles will be offset by poor naïve Rafe being tricked by that evil seducer Kate and everyone will urge Jordan to give Rafe another chance.  They are already telegraphing this with "Rafe was drunk and upset over Gabi".  Plus they can't really do her secret past with her menacing father storyline without a man to protect her.

• Love 1

What Kate is doing to Jordan is stupid,  but her wacko acting today, especially the part where she started fake trembling with her voice (how often does that happen??) about how she was the aggressor and took advantage, was nonetheless the most interesting thing about the Jordan and Rafe conversation.

If Rafe can't figure out how fake Kate was being....I guess he could go hang out with Brady somewhere....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

If I was a sister to a woman who had an affair with an engaged man, and had also tried to trick another married man into thinking they'd slept together, I'd keep my nose out of it.  In fact, I'd encourage my sister to get the therapy she desperately needs.  I wouldn't confront the wife,

Yep, the boring twit got in Chloe, Eve, and Nicole's face about their supposed sluttiness, and she was bad mouthing Sami behind her back BEFORE Sami exposed EJ's cheating, and now she whines because Sami responds when she is attacked.

JJ, Jordan, Jenn, and Abby are stupid for picking fights with Sami, and they are even dumber for not realizing that Sami could do so much worse.  

Like, what exactly does JJ think he's accomplishing? Does he believe Sami gives a shit that he's upset that she's telling the truth about what his sister did? Does he believe he has any power whatsoever to sway her? It's utterly pointless. These confrontations by people who are no match for her are hilarious to watch because Sami gives them all the seriousness they deserve - i.e. none. 

I did think Sami was quite gentle with JJ though. I was expecting a super-angry Sami, but she seemed almost....sweet? with him...while giving her counter-argument. I wonder if she kind of likes him in a way (not romantically, but finds him endearing like we do), because that was a pretty gentle Sami I was seeing with him. 

Aw, JJ is sooo happy that Abigail isn't playing the victim.  What Abigail is he talking about, certainly not his sister.

Sami should just announce that she'll be receiving insults at ONE TIME ONLY Horton Square event from 9 until 5 (12-1pm lunch break, snacks served to those in the waiting line) from Abigail fans and apologists.  After that event is done, anyone else who says anything in defense of the little pipsqueak gets a bullet between the eyes.  No exceptions.  This crowd of munchkin defenders is getting lamer and lamer by the day.

Now we have our dear little pretty-but-dumb JJ opening that adorable mouth of his to spout pretty nothings about his sister - the sister who he says NEVER PLAYS THE VICTIM.  Poor JJ should really stick to sweeping up, because his command of the language isn't....very swift.  The only thing that Abigail hasn't done to cast herself as the Victim is to throw herself to the lions.  Oh, if only.....

In what other universe other than HortonWorld would the little shit who gaslighted one married man and then slept with another guy in a committed relationship - (especially when he had to peel her off him like she was a barnacle on a ships hull) - is lauded as the Virgin Queen?  Pretty much everywhere else, the folks who love her would gently, or not so gently, shake her and ask "WTF are you doing??"  And, brother, or mother, cousin or aunt, they'd be avoiding the woman she wronged, or at the very least, asking her in a quiet voice if she could let up, just a bit, for the good of the family.  They'd not be defending her as if Sami had exposed her as being a secret Mother Teresa.  

Now, what to do with JJ.......he can't be allowed out anymore, not with the lack of connection between brain and mouth....Sami just might harm him and we can't have that.....I think the best thing we can do is put him on a leash in the yard until he learns.  BAD DOG!!  It's hard to stay mad at him, though, cuz he's just so darn cute.  I sure hope we don't have to neuter him......

• Love 7

Sami's cheekbones have been looking rather pretty lately while she's listening to everyone defend Abigail.

Sami's look has gone through several strange incarnations in the last 8 years, but  during the "We LOVE Abigail and no one loves you, Sami!" parade I've thought she looks rather fabulous.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

If I were Nick, I'd probably be mad that  JJ and Abigail are getting  the nice version of Sami. If ever there was a time to feel like the lesser Horton of them all,  this would be it.

For a split second, I could have sworn that JJ was looking at Sami in a way that seemed to indicate that he might be attracted to her. . He really seems to dig the older ladies....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I find them sad which I credit to AS's acting and to the very strange phenomena that only Sami's dialogue doesn't sound like its being spouted by residents of bizarro world.  Is it possible that everyone but Sami has been transported to Melaswan Island and replaced by replicas?  Think about it, it makes a weird kind of sense.

Anyway, a good example of this is Sami's talk with Kayla.  If you compare that confrontation to how she told Eric and Will about the cheating, Sami was much more brittle and not expecting a single bit of sympathy with Aunt Kayla.  Sami hoped, in the beginning, that her family would support her.  She wasn't sure of that which is why she told Eric she thought everyone would just say 'I told you so' and decided to plot to take EJ down so she wouldn't be the victim.  But the lack of sympathy and support over the cheating and the clear disappointment in Sami and their need to protect Abby has disabused Sami of the notion her family might have her back.  That she expects nothing from Kayla screams that.  'Poor Jen'  indeed.

I think the confrontations with Abby's annoying friends and family is cutting up Sami too, just not in the way they intend.  Sami knows she's not wrong.  But she's comparing.  She's comparing how Marlena, Eric, and especially Will treat Sami when she's in the wrong (heck when she's the victim) to how Abby is treated when she is the one who chases after men in relationships.  Her conversation with JJ said it all.  When JJ said Will would be ashamed of Sami for what she is doing to Abby; she rebutted that he didn't think Will would have any sympathy for what his Mother is going through and then agreed that he was probably right.  She brought up how compared to her, JJ and Abby basically skate on their misdeeds with no punishment.

These confrontations are so one sided that Sami always wins.  But in winning, she's still losing because everyone of them emphasizes for Sami that she is utterly alone.

I've been trying to figure out why everyone is treating Sami this way.  I don't think its as much of a Horton thing as I've been assuming.  I think Sami scares the crap out of them; hence the continual trying to repoint Sami at EJ and away from Abby by Jen and JJ.  To a large degree, I think everyone is confronting Sami over the things they imagine she could do to Abby as if she has done them.  What Sami has done is actually pretty tame.  She confronted the mistress {her mother not premeditated), the mistress' boyfriend, got her removed from the hospital {which Kayla should have done on her own} and went to her family for support.  I am actually pretty proud of Sami, she seems to be sticking to her plan and not going nuclear because of how these idiots keep treating her.  It shows a level of maturity that I didn't know she had.  Unfortunately no character on the show is noticing.

I think this is a wonderful post and absolutely spot on.  I agree that Sami seems to expect a lack of sympathy and waits to be surprised by someone doing the unexpected.  She seemed to watch Kayla for her reaction and when Kayla said "Poor Jen", Sami's face said it all. I have not thought AS is a very good actress in the past, but she's doing a terrific job here.  I have also not liked Sami as a character - never got the big deal about her - but she has won me over in this story. Something about Sami and Kate handing the baton back and forth to each other has been invigorating.  I am enjoying the show now more than ever and it's mostly due to Kami.

I'm not particularly worried that Rafe will see through Kate's bumbling act "Oh, my goodness Jordan!  The sex was totes my fault!" because Rafe won't be able to see anything but Kate trying to "help" him.  He's pretty effing dumb like that.  Rafe, Brady, and Eric should start a detective agency where they discover the criminals solely through blind luck and outright confessions. I mean, could Theresa act any more guilty?  Staring at the poker continuously and then jumping as soon as someone says something to her. Pull it together girl!  I like you and I want you to be smarter!  Go hang out with Kate please.

• Love 5

I think CM might be a decent actor, because his face seemed to register a bit of self-awareness when Sami was talking to him, even if the dialogue was completely in favor of his sister.  I've never seen that from Abigail.

JJ will always be on Abigail's side, because the dialogue clearly says so and he's the brother (so his being on her side is to be expected), but the actor playing JJ did seem to take engage with what Sami's words. He wouldn't necessarily agree with what Sami is doing, but the face did seem to at least think carefully about what Sami was saying without looking weirdly smug. I guess that's what I expected from Abigail -- to at least try and register what Sami might be saying.  Somehow his self-righteousness on Abigail's behalf didn't come off anywhere near as badly as Jennifer's, Abigail's or Jordan's, even when he hit her with Will's name. I doubt he was sympathetic to Sami (on paper anyway), but the actor's face seemed to indicate he was contemplating whether he and Abigail really are pampered brats.

I don't get the whole cousin thing the Hortons bring up on this show though.  Yeah, I talk to my cousins, but that level of closeness and loyalty I don't automatically grant to them the wyay I do with my immediate family.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

I think most of the actors that are in the Horton family act better when they're not interacting within the Horton bubble except KM & GW. JJ is more alive in scenes with Sami, Theresa, and Eve not so much Dan or Paige and he does have spark in scenes with Jenn. Which is good for CM as he can be a romantic lead down the line.

• Love 2

Why does Sami act like JJ got off lightly for his crimes? In the real world,  maybe so, but in Salem, even the big bad guys rarely go to jail or have to serve community service. He was also thrown out of his house.  Sami can STFU, JJ's crimes pale in comparison to the things Sami's gotten away with it. At least JJ's crimes as a teen were the sort you'd expect. He's yet to sell a family member on the black market or rape anyone; he's got a lot of catching up to do if Sami wants to make a legitimate comparison about him being spoiled while she had to pay for her crimes (which she didn't).

I wish she'd just come out and admit that she's jealous that Abby has a loving and supportive family. Again,it's a storyline that could practically write itself. 

Moving away from Sami, Eric needs to really get over himself. Yes, he has a right to be angry, and yes, Nicole's hairstyle was terrifying, but he really needs to lighten up. She doesn't have cooties and she's trying to help. Getting their stories straight isn't such a bad idea, especially if the priest/bishop/head holy guy has the sense to ask what went on between the two and the subject of sex comes up.

• Love 2