Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think they might as well put EJ and Abby together as a couple to see how she likes it when he calls out Sami's name in bed. Then again, she's so desperate she probably wouldn't mind....at the same time,  even with the baby-nappings, I think of Nicole as stronger than Abigail, and if she couldn't take it....

Abby would probably run out of the mansion the first time he threw a piece of art that they both allegedly love so much.

• Love 1

I don't know exactly what happened to Chrisell Stause, she was so sparkly and fun on AMC 

I remember when she was coming on to the show and others talked about how cute she was on AMC and that she was such a great comedienne.  I'm pretty good about giving newbies a chance when they come on the show.  However she's had plenty of time to show off what she's got and I think she's awful.  The more dramatic the material, the worse she is. And I hate that scrunched up face she makes almost continuously.  It's like she needs her glasses back and is squinting around for them. 

I also gave the new Will a chance and I hate him too. I don't think he's a very good actor either.  I've always disliked the character of Will, but never so much as now with him pretending to friendly-chat with various family members about their involvement in the Dimera scandal, but what he's really doing is recording them for his story. He went from blah to asshole in 60 seconds flat.  What does he think Kate's gonna say when she finds out that he recorded her and used her unknowingly in his story?  And did Abby know he was interviewing her for the story?  Does he really think this is an acceptable form of "reporting"?  Sonny needs to dump this loser.

• Love 7

Will's a dick to write a nasty story about anyone in his family no matter what his reasons.  There's no way that won't bite him in the ass later.  He said he's doing it to teach Sami a lesson and bring her down a few pegs.  Yeah, okay, Opie - say goodbye to that Pulitzer and hello to Geraldo.

Will is terrible, and only wishes he could be as good (ugh) as Geraldo.

I remember when she was coming on to the show and others talked about how cute she was on AMC and that she was such a great comedienne.  I'm pretty good about giving newbies a chance when they come on the show.  However she's had plenty of time to show off what she's got and I think she's awful.  The more dramatic the material, the worse she is. And I hate that scrunched up face she makes almost continuously.  It's like she needs her glasses back and is squinting around for them.

I think she makes the scrunched up face when she's trying to convey emotion, or appear as though she's crying (with no actual tears). I also enjoyed her on AMC, and she was actually one of the reasons I initially tuned into Days. Jordan is not an interesting character and (as much as I hate to say it) she isn't well portrayed.

• Love 1

I was able to excuse Jordan's acting when the actress and the rest of us had no idea what her back-story was. She had to guess at Jordan's motivation.

But now that Clyde and Ben are in town, I feel as though the acting should be better.

Also, other actors have had to play things ambiguously when they didn't know where a storyline was going, but at least their charisma or "it" factor could get you through it. Jordan is a pretty face with not much there. I have wondered if the acting on this show would be better if everybody spent less time on social media and more time rehearsing though. The number of pics Days actors are required to post on the social media sites to promote the show seems insane to me.

Edited by bantering

I also gave the new Will a chance and I hate him too. I don't think he's a very good actor either.  I've always disliked the character of Will, but never so much as now with him pretending to friendly-chat with various family members about their involvement in the Dimera scandal, but what he's really doing is recording them for his story. He went from blah to asshole in 60 seconds flat.  What does he think Kate's gonna say when she finds out that he recorded her and used her unknowingly in his story?  And did Abby know he was interviewing her for the story?  Does he really think this is an acceptable form of "reporting"?  Sonny needs to dump this loser.

What happened to his concern about Sami dragging his brother and sisters into this?  What does he think if going to happens when his story goes to press?

• Love 2

What happened to his concern about Sami dragging his brother and sisters into this?  What does he think if going to happens when his story goes to press?

I agree.  He also said that he wanted to keep Abigail and EJ's affair out of it, but I don't see how he can adequately "report" the story without that missing information.  Especially if he stirs the hornet's nest of Kate and Sami and they explain to the press why Sami did all of this.  I think Will is supposed to be a smart character, but he really is a dumbass if he thinks he can tell this story and not hurt people he really cares about.  Additionally, you would think with the mother of his child recently sent to prison, he might want to lay low for a while.

I just really hate how freaking stupid these people are sometimes.  That's why Victor is so refreshing - he actually uses his brain to critically think about a situation and what the future ramifications might be.  Though what he is doing with that spiteful old biddy, Maggie, I do not know.  He could do so much better.

• Love 2

I was watching Thursday's episode and came to the realization that Abby could be interesting (don't stone me:) if the show gave any hint that what is coming together on screen was intentional and would eventually pay off.

They should play this thing as Abby being deeply troubled.  Traits of narcissism are coming across.  When Abby was first exposed she was play-acting at feeling regret, compassion, and guilt.  But it didn't come across as genuine but as presenting to others what they expected of her (yea bad acting!).  Now that everyone is responding to her as if she's the wronged party she's ditched that front entirely.  She thinks she's winning, it oozed from her every pore in the confrontation with Sami.  She thinks she is superior to Sami and basking in everyone else telling her the same thing.  She thinks she's a fast learner that can out-Sami Sami.  Yes, she's a moron, a deluded moron.

They just needed to do one thing to turn this around.  They needed one person who has been defending Abby to overhear that conversation and go Whoa! and have the passing thought that Abby is perhaps nuttier than a fruitcake and not the innocent snowflake they think she is.

But they didn't and I don't really think the way I'm interpreting Abby is the way they are intending this to come across which is too bad.  I think that this storyline is written this way for no other reason than they are trying to set up Sami's exit from town.  They are alienating everyone from her so when she takes the kids, cuts ties from everyone (including Will) that the audience understands it.  That is really the only thing that explains what Will is doing.  I hope Sami leaves scorched Earth behind.

On a different note, what was Kate intending with her "your family took decades to get over"  dig {which I took as alluding to Kate's affair with Bill Horton} to Abby.  Is she twisting for the knife on Sami's behalf by pointing out that Sami might torture her for decades?  Is she pointing out Horton hypocrisy?  It makes it very difficult when some of your actors can't react in a way that allows the audience pick up visual cues on what is going on.  Seriously, pick an emotion and emote it; otherwise the writers need to compensate by spelling this stuff out in words.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

I was watching Thursday's episode and came to the realization that Abby could be interesting (don't stone me:) if the show gave any hint that what is coming together on screen was intentional and would eventually pay off.

They should play this thing as Abby being deeply troubled.  Traits of narcissism are coming across.  When Abby was first exposed she was play-acting at feeling regret, compassion, and guilt.  But it didn't come across as genuine but as presenting to others what they expected of her (yea bad acting!).  Now that everyone is responding to her as if she's the wronged party she's ditched that front entirely.  She thinks she's winning, it oozed from her every pore in the confrontation with Sami.  She thinks she is superior to Sami and basking in everyone else telling her the same thing.  She thinks she's a fast learner that can out-Sami Sami.  Yes, she's a moron, a deluded moron.

They just needed to do one thing to turn this around.  They needed one person who has been defending Abby to overhear that conversation and go Whoa! and have the passing thought that Abby is perhaps nuttier than a fruitcake and not the innocent snowflake they think she is.

But they didn't and I don't really think the way I'm interpreting Abby is the way they are intending this to come across which is too bad.  I think that this storyline is written this way for no other reason than they are trying to set up Sami's exit from town.  They are alienating everyone from her so when she takes the kids, cuts ties from everyone (including Will) that the audience understands it.  That is really the only thing that explains what Will is doing.  I hope Sami leaves scorched Earth behind.

On a different note, what was Kate intending with her "your family took decades to get over"  dig {which I took as alluding to Kate's affair with Bill Horton} to Abby.  Is she twisting for the knife on Sami's behalf by pointing out that Sami might torture her for decades?  Is she pointing out Horton hypocrisy?  It makes it very difficult when some of your actors can't react in a way that allows the audience pick up visual cues on what is going on.  Seriously, pick an emotion and emote it; otherwise the writers need to compensate by spelling this stuff out in words.

I think that Kate was actually being nice to Abby by acknowledging that the Horton's have always looked at her as this home wrecker but Abby herself has never been rude to Kate, and Kate was thanking her for that considering that she is Laura and Bill's granddaughter.  I think Kate was trying to impress upon Abby that she herself had no dog in the fight and isn't involved with Sami's revenge on her. 

I think that Kate was actually being nice to Abby by acknowledging that the Horton's have always looked at her as this home wrecker but Abby herself has never been rude to Kate, and Kate was thanking her for that considering that she is Laura and Bill's granddaughter.  I think Kate was trying to impress upon Abby that she herself had no dog in the fight and isn't involved with Sami's revenge on her. 

Probably true.  I hate this show.  I can't believe that I'm looking for silver linings in the hope that someone will support Sami and that the woman who once got Sami strapped down and executed is my best hope.

• Love 2

See I think that Kate has probably the most reasonable, true to life reaction.  I think Kate supports Sami in the abstract of "someone slept with your husband you have a right to get revenge" and the ideal that Kate herself has no real hate or malice toward Abby.  She can actually separate the two.  She has no reason to go after Abby but she acknowledges and supports Sami plight to go after her.

• Love 1

Oh, maybe that's what Kate meant when she said Abigail was "gracious." Maybe she meant that Abigail had never held the infidelity against Kate?

It was bothering me that she called Abigail gracious since she's Austin's mom. I wouldn't expect Kate to dislike Abigail for Sami, but because of what happened with Austin, I would have thought Kate would view Abigail less positively.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

See I think that Kate has probably the most reasonable, true to life reaction.  I think Kate supports Sami in the abstract of "someone slept with your husband you have a right to get revenge" and the ideal that Kate herself has no real hate or malice toward Abby.  She can actually separate the two.  She has no reason to go after Abby but she acknowledges and supports Sami plight to go after her.

Oh I agree with you, if you ignore the point @bantering made about Kate holding what Abby did to Austin against her which is one I agree with, Kate's reaction makes the most sense as it applies to the Sami/EJ situation especially given the Rafe stuff.  Its just that the unreasonableness of other reactions has me willing to overlook some things if someone, anyone, would be firmly in Sami's corner.

• Love 1

I saw a clip on Youtube of JS and his girlfriend being interviewed  for the Emmys by some lady who looked eeirly like the actress playing  Jordan. I wasn't sure if it was the same person because this lady seemed to have a completely different personality -- as in, she seemed to actually have one! particularly  in terms of sounding more expressive.  If that really was the actress playing Jordan, oh my goodness, how boring have they made her in this role! Her voice sounded completely different and non-monotone in real life.

Edited by bantering

I saw a clip on Youtube of JS and his girlfriend being interviewed  for the Emmys by some lady who looked eeirly like the actress playing  Jordan. I wasn't sure if it was the same person because this lady seemed to have a completely different personality -- as in, she seemed to actually have one! particularly  in terms of sounding more expressive.  If that really was the actress playing Jordan, oh my goodness, how boring have they made her in this role! Her voice sounded completely different and non-monotone in real life.

I'm not really a believer that a good actor is enough to overcome bad writing and characterization.  I remember when Lynn Herring switched from GH to Days.  She has always been fabulous as Lucy on GH through good and bad writing.  Her stint as Lisanne on Days was not good, so acting is not enough.

When the writing is not working, you really need two things: a good actor and a depth to the character's history.  When the words and deeds aren't there, the good actor is supported by the audience who is making a connection between the acting and the character's history that the writers probably never even considered.  When a character is poorly written from inception, there is really no way for the audience to make that connection no matter how good the actor is.

As for Jordan, the writing and character history is failing her.  Is she a good actress?  She was good on AMC. How much was her acting and how much was because she was the child of Trevor and Janet from Another Planet and had a deeply rooted history on that show is hard to say.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I've watched this show since I was a kid and I can't believe how God awful the writing has become.  I guess with the tight  budget they have, the first person they fired was the continuity person.  How could Kate look AbiSkank in the eye and call that piece of trash 'gracious'.  This was the same girl who tried to seduce her son, Austin. I couldn't believe the other day when EJ was talking with the Skank and she says something stupid like "You want us to get back together" (paraphrasing) I looked at my husband and said, "Did you hear him say that, because I sure didn't hear him say that".  FFS, I find myself yelling at the TV or breaking the fast forward button on the remote.  And who the hell is Ben to call Sami out on shit?  WTF, dude you have no idea who the hell she is or what she's done before you slithered into Salem.  Please take your eyebrows and that scrunchy faced sister of yours and slither on back out of town.  No one gives two craps about your back story.  You can however, leave your fine looking Daddy.  I can't believe how much I am enjoying Kate & Sami conspiring together.  It's the stuff dreams are made of LOL. Will can jump off the next cliff he sees, trying to hang his Mom & Granny out to dry when they've covered his ass for years.  Don't even get me started on how Corday has ruined every character.  Does anyone know (or care at this point) who John Black is?  I was very happy when Mr. Smell the Fart was off the show along with his science experimenting shrew of a wife whose face couldn't move if you paid her.  When did Jennifer and Maggie become such sanctimonious bitches?  This whole thing with Dr. Nasty being her egg baby is the worst retcon I've ever seen.  Dr. Dorito looks like he belongs on skid row or under a highway overpass, not operating on people in a hospital. Okay, maybe this wasn't the nicest first post ever but I had to get this off my chest.  Thanks.

• Love 9

Yes, that was Chrishelle Stausse, she was doing interviews on the red carpet before the Daytime Emmys.

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I've watched this show since I was a kid and I can't believe how God awful the writing has become.  I guess with the tight  budget they have, the first person they fired was the continuity person.  How could Kate look AbiSkank in the eye and call that piece of trash 'gracious'.  This was the same girl who tried to seduce her son, Austin. I couldn't believe the other day when EJ was talking with the Skank and she says something stupid like "You want us to get back together" (paraphrasing) I looked at my husband and said, "Did you hear him say that, because I sure didn't hear him say that".  FFS, I find myself yelling at the TV or breaking the fast forward button on the remote.  And who the hell is Ben to call Sami out on shit?  WTF, dude you have no idea who the hell she is or what she's done before you slithered into Salem.  Please take your eyebrows and that scrunchy faced sister of yours and slither on back out of town.  No one gives two craps about your back story.  You can however, leave your fine looking Daddy.  I can't believe how much I am enjoying Kate & Sami conspiring together.  It's the stuff dreams are made of LOL. Will can jump off the next cliff he sees, trying to hang his Mom & Granny out to dry when they've covered his ass for years.  Don't even get me started on how Corday has ruined every character.  Does anyone know (or care at this point) who John Black is?  I was very happy when Mr. Smell the Fart was off the show along with his science experimenting shrew of a wife whose face couldn't move if you paid her.  When did Jennifer and Maggie become such sanctimonious bitches?  This whole thing with Dr. Nasty being her egg baby is the worst retcon I've ever seen.  Dr. Dorito looks like he belongs on skid row or under a highway overpass, not operating on people in a hospital. Okay, maybe this wasn't the nicest first post ever but I had to get this off my chest.  Thanks.

Bravo!  Great post.  I loved every single thing you said.  More, please!

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

Thanks, boes.  One of the reasons I finally registered is so I could at least "like" your posts and many others who much more snarkier than me.  Over the years, one of the things that has truly pissed me off is the treatment of Jack.  I remember when he was not a nice guy, saw him evolve to be one of my favorite characters despite his repeated 'deaths'.  I really wish this time his 'death' didn't take.  But hell, it's worth it to me to not have him around unless he was paired with someone other than Jen.  I remember really liking her back in the day but now I just fast forward as much as I can.  When Sami was talking to Kayla the other day and brought her up to speed the first thing Kayla said was "poor Jennifer".  I had to laugh my ass off when Sami snarked back, "Yeah, that was my first thought too".  Sami's been getting some really good bon mots in there, I wonder if Ali is ad libbing?

• Love 9

Kayla was just a dumbass for that remark. Kayla know she meant to say "Poor Sami" she's the injured party. Now unless Abby's uterus magically ties in to Jenn's uterus and she was able to feel EJ's penetration at the same time Abby was, then there is no "Poor Jenn". I'm not saying EJ is bad in bed, I'm just saying.

The writers must have been planning to stick EJ and Abby together long-term; hence, Abigail not looking like the "bad guy." But they forgot JS was leaving or failed to take him at his word.

Then again, I'm not sure if KM will stay either. I read somewhere that she wants to work with Woody Allen within the next ten years, and I don't know how that will be possible if she stays on this show.

Edited by bantering

I think I'll love Sami forever for saying to Jennifer that "Jack was barely cold in his grave before you jumped back into bed with Daniel"

This is starting to feel like they are doing a slow build to a "who done it."  I'm predicting that Sami is murdered and in a way that also kills the kids, like a fire, and its revealed to the audience that she and the kids are alive.  I bet original plan was Stefano was behind it and with JS leaving now EJ is behind it.

I don't think they'd actually kill off Sami.  They probably live in hope that AS will come back some day or that if they wait a while they can recast if they can't will the whole she's going to leave.

The conversation between Sami and Kayla brings home the fact that the Bradys don't really exist as a family anymore.  That is very sad.

• Love 1

I don't think they'd actually kill off Sami.  They probably live in hope that AS will come back some day or that if they wait a while they can recast if they can't will the whole she's going to leave.

Alison has already said that she will be back for Christmases and such, and for the show's 50th anniversary next year.

• Love 2

Then again, I'm not sure if KM will stay either. I read somewhere that she wants to work with Woody Allen within the next ten years, and I don't know how that will be possible if she stays on this show.

KM wants to work with Woody Allen??  Unless she's going to bone up on her housekeeping skills or is already a whiz at emptying wastepaper baskets, I don't see that happening.  Her having that as part of her life plan sounds so much like Kramer on Seinfeld having his "These pretzels are making me thirsty" walk-on part in a Woody Allen movie.  

Yeah, I'd like to regrow a full head of hair, like to be a pirate or an astronaut or a cowboy, and star in a revival of Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway - (though I really, really want the hair back more than anything.....) and have lunch with Jessica Lange while Meryl Streep does my laundry, but I don't think it will happen.

KM thinks she's going to work with Woody Allen?????  She IS nuts.   Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs indeed.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I can't believe that I'm looking for silver linings in the hope that someone will support Sami and that the woman who once got Sami strapped down and executed is my best hope.

I never would have thought Kate of all people would be the only one standing by Sami's side in the end. I'm not going to give the writers any credit and say they planned this all along. It only turned out this way because they can't resist having everyone in town treat the Horton's like saints.

It makes it very difficult when some of your actors can't react in a way that allows the audience pick up visual cues on what is going on.  Seriously, pick an emotion and emote it; otherwise the writers need to compensate by spelling this stuff out in words.

I'm willing to believe that on a scale of 1-10 the writers only intended for Abby to be a 10 when it comes to how terrible she is but KM's acting choices are what's making her a 14 or 15.

• Love 1

I haven't been watching for a while because I don't care to watch everyone side with Abby over Sami (bar Caroline).

Will:  With Will, I feel like the writers are just deliberately going back to the trope of Will taking the side of anyone who opposes Sami, even though this is the one instance where he should be taking her side.  With Gabi, rightly or wrongly Sami was the agressor, but in this case Sami is the wronged party, not Abigail.  It seems like they are trying to play up the antagonism between Will and Sami like when CM was playing the role and Will was working for EJ who was the archenemy of Sami and Rafe.  Will is coming off as a hypocrite here because this time around, Sami, and to a lesser extent EJ, have set a precedent of coming to Will's rescue more than once.  Next time Will is in trouble, he should call Abigail and see what happens.  I really want Sonny to cheat on Will so he can see how it feels while also making Sonny fallible.  Ben would be the perfect candidate so Sonny could stick it to Will and Abby while sticking it to Ben.  In view of that article, I'm annoyed that Sami burned the evidence that Will's precious EJ had on him.  I would like her to turn Will in in retaliation.

If this whole arc turns Will darker, I might come to appreciate it since Will has always been deliberately destructive before he was neutered by TomSell.  I hope mother and son manage to reconcile by the time Sami leaves since it's obvious that the writers are trying to isolate Sami by having her family turn on her due to her destructive behaviour.  I wish the writers could have achieved this another way because they are just confusing me because my instinct is to sympathise with her in spite of her behaviour.

Abby:  I think the writers are trying to turn Abby/KM into the show's next heroine.  With the whole fight between Abby and Sami, the fact that Abby thinks her behaviour is defensible grates on me.  Even Kayla apologised for having to fire Abby even though her firing was justified.  I worked at a hospital and a nurse and doctor were caught having sex in the carpark and were fired so why is this news?  Kayla should have had to fire her anyway without Sami's intervention. Sami would have given the money to another hospital so she's not entirely cruel.  It's her money to donate and as has been pointed out, Abby is a small fry who is expendable in the face of 20 million.  She did something wrong for heaven's sake.  It was just bargaining that ended up in a mutually satisfactory outcome for Kayla and Sami.  If Kayla can't hack it, I would like to see Sami fire Kayla.  So what if Kayla wants to disown Sami?  When has Sami cared about what her family thinks of her in her current incarnation?  Was Jennifer's dig about Marlena supposed to hurt? I think since their convo about Gabi, Sami has given up seeking Marlena's approval. 

Maybe I would feel bad about Abby losing her job if she was actually seen at work instead of TBD.  She shirked work to fuck EJ in the dressing room at DE and lost that check because she was having a sex flashback instead of doing actual work.  She fought with Adrienne about EJ at work and attempted to fuck EJ in the storage closet.  She also had two conversations about Nick with EJ in her mom's office instead of doing work.  Maybe I also have an axe to grind with Abby because we're constantly told how educated she is, but she's just doing a piddly PR job that her mom got her.  So it's not like she earned it anyway.

I used to like Kayla, but she's a write off for me if she wants to side with her rapist's daughter who has chased after a married man before.  It's fine if she wants to be a Johnson rather than a Brady, but it just makes me glad that I hardly see her, so who cares what she thinks.  Where's Joey Kayla?  Same goes for Lucas and I'm a Lucas fan.

I thought this storyline was going to result in Abby's fall from grace so she would became the 'bitch' to Melanie's good girl, but I'm not seeing that, so I'm wondering where they are going with this.   EJ is still propping Abby by calling Ratatouille 'breathtakingly beautiful'.  Maybe it would mean something if EJ didn't follow it up with letting her down easy. It might also mean more if EJ wasn't trying to win Sami back and JS wasn't leaving.  EJami fans dodged a bullet cos they were for sure gonna put Abby with EJ permanently after AS left.  I'd rather have EJ dead than with Thirsty Abby and I hate EJ.  What makes these writers think that women in the 18-49 year demographic would want to watch the mistress being arrogant with the wife/fiancee?  Do they really think they would side with Abby over Sami?  Days has apparently lost 734000 viewers since the first week of Jan, what are they going to do when AS and JS leave?  They'd better not think that Abby being top dog is the way to go because I'm already finding the Abby-propping in Salem frustrating.  They seem to be alluding to a come down for Sami, so who knows?

KM is currently number 2 overall behind JS in the episode rankings for the year and once AS and JS leave, she will probably finish the year out on top.  I just get annoyed because the writers could try and do more with Will and Sonny and T, etc, but everyone is just propping Abby left and right.  I can't wait for MB to come back and divert some attention off Abby/KM.  I had hoped for 8 years that EJ/JS would leave someday and it came true, so Universe, Abby/KM is next on my wishlist.  Pretty please with a cherry on top.  I wouldn't be surprised if they put Abby with Eric (since GV seems to like KM alot) or Brady next, so Nicole and Kristen would have to bend over for her next.  I would accept it if Abby and Dan got together because KM and SC have inappropriate chemistry and that would put hair on Maggie, Melanie and Jennifer's chests.

Why is Abby acting like she's better than Sami just because she has an art degree?  I thought she was in PR anyway, so a lot of good that did her.  Each to their own, but I would think Sami is better off working for CW.  She and Kate just took over a corporation, which is not to be sniffed at.  I thought EJ was the one teaching Abby about art anyway.

BTW wanting to learn about something to connect with your fiance is not something to be mocked for.  It shows love and a willingness to meet your partner halfway.  Like Will rockclimbing with Sonny even though he's scared of heights. 

Abby told Sami that EJami just have sex in common.  I thought Abby told EJ, Will and Jenn that it was just lust,  and not the something more she is implying now.  I always suspected that Abby was lying about not being in love with EJ because she's still asking if their is a chance for them even though he's married to Sami and wants Sami back.  Added to that, he face still falls when EJ talks about Sami and when Sami pointed out tha EJ used Abby for sex, Abby went on the defensive because she's probably embarrased that she offered herself on a platter and thinks it will look better that it was more than sex.  Newsflash Abby, take a moment to close that always-open mouth of yours and think back to the affair as it was.  How many DMC's about Art did we see EJ and Abby have during their short affair?  They only spoke about Chad and Sami and Nick and Jenn and hitmen and how to cover up their stupid affair.

I wonder if Abby is just fucking with Sami, but I wouldn't put it past her to try and hop on EJ's peen again.  Abby mustn't forget that even though EJ and her shared their bodies, he didn't want her when she offered him a no-strings relationship and he still doesn't.  He wants Sami even after she threw him in jail and took his mansion and his company from him.   These writers just want to mess with the audience since TomSell thinks that Abby's vanilla milkshake brings all the (married) boys to the yard.

I used to complain a lot about EJami having Angry Sex all the time, but EJami have kids together and even without the kids, EJ and Sami are a lot alike in some ways.  Abby should be looking in a mirror if she wants to talk about relationships that are purely physical.

I despise Elvis, but EJabby and KM interviews have made me root for EJ and Sami to get together in  the end.  Abby has no clue what EJ and Sami's relationship is about and the best burn will be them reuniting.  Maybe they can reunite and EJ can die giving me the best of both worlds.  Maybe Abby will try and shoot Sami with Ben's gun and EJ can step in front of it as the ultimate sacrifice and afterwards Abby can get carted to the looney bin where KM can work those Crazy Eyes.

As for Abby and Jordan, I loved how they thought they were so awesome tag-teaming Sami and she served them.  Once again, Abby seems to think everything is about her and then Kate put her in her place.  Although I don't know why they had to bother with the 'gracious' comment.  Abby also loves to act like she knows everything, she hardly knows Tammy Sue or Rafe, but now she's the spokesperson for their relationship?  I wonder if Jordan would be happy to defend Abby if she moved on to Rafe next?  Why would Jordan think aligning with a repeated homewrecker is a good idea.  I'm  betting money that when Chad comes back Abs cheats on Ollie too.

Also, why did Jordan have to bring up Jafe vs Safe?  Stop creating history between Sami and Jordan because Jordan knows bleep all about Safe.  The chick who plays Jordan is a bad actress just like Abby's portrayer, IMO.  I wish I could tell Ben and Jordan to STFU because if the ratings drop any further, they will be the first after TomSell to be shown the door.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 5

Jordan getting snippy with Sami makes sense. It was dumb, but understandable. Sami was nasty to Jordan right off the bat and without reason since the moment they met, why wouldn't Jordan give her some shit back? 

Rafe's a judgmental douche sometimes and he did cheat, but I'm bothered that Sami would out him like this. Leave no bridge unburned, I suppose.

• Love 1

Thanks, boes.  One of the reasons I finally registered is so I could at least "like" your posts and many others who much more snarkier than me.  

Oh, I don't know about that - I think you've done a pretty good job of being snarky in your first post!  Welcome!

When Sami was talking to Kayla the other day and brought her up to speed the first thing Kayla said was "poor Jennifer".  I had to laugh my ass off when Sami snarked back, "Yeah, that was my first thought too".  

I found that exchange disturbing.  Why would Kayla's first reaction be "poor Jennifer" and not "poor Sami"?  Even if Kayla is sympathetic to Abby and Jennifer - which I can understand, even though it irritates me - Kayla's first reaction should have been sympathy for Sami.  

I'm not really a believer that a good actor is enough to overcome bad writing and characterization.  I remember when Lynn Herring switched from GH to Days.  She has always been fabulous as Lucy on GH through good and bad writing.  Her stint as Lisanne on Days was not good, so acting is not enough.

I think an actor on the level of Meryl Streep could do it, but not your average soap actor.  Plus I think a lot has to do with the actor's own perception of the character and the storyline.  As we can see from JS's lifeless interactions during his storyline with Abby/KM, he was not happy.  I think whats-his-face that plays Daniel hates his love story with Jennifer and it shows every time he plays a scene with MR or has to talk about her.  He's been more lively with Kristen than he ever was with Jennifer.  It may be that CS is happier playing comedic stories and if that's the case, she's being wasted with this super dramatic abuse story.  I find the scenes with Rafe/Jordan/Ben just painful to sit through.  I only pay attention when James Read is onscreen.

• Love 2

I think it was Abigail who set Sami off with the reveal when she intervened.

If Jordan had kept on talking, I think Sami would have just let her keep on going (although I do think it was really dumb to bring up Rafe, if her intent was to defend Abigail. Stick to the topic, please! This conversation was about trying to defend your friend, so....uh...why don't you do that? Talk about the job thingy or whatever, even though Abigail really did violate policy, but I thought that was the subject of the conversation) . But then Abigail said something weird to Sami about not liking other people's happiness (which, in any other context might have been fine to say, but no way would I open up that can of worms if i had been the cause of Sami's present unhappiness). There are times you just need to shut it when it comes to talking about other people;s misery when  you're the mistress. This was probably one of those times....

Abigail should have just let Sami and Jordan keep on talking to (or, uh, at) each other.

I'm not necessarily saying what Sami did was right, but I think the reveal probably happened more because of Abigail not keeping quiet rather than anything Jordan had to say (even though, again, I have no idea why she brought up her own relationship when the point was to defend her friend. Why are these people so useless at launching an effective argument?).

I do think the impact on Rafe will be miniscule, however, since it took him a long time to figure out he cheated. I suspect the same with Jordan if the weird facial expression is anything to go by. I think Abigail registered what Sami was saying better than Jordan who looked as dumb as Rafe when the words uttered from Sami's mouth.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Sami seemed amused by Jordan and Abby trying to tag team her, and then the two boring twits tried to act like it was Sami's fault EJ cheated which is why Sami outed Rafe's cheating.  It's hilarious how much trouble Sami is causing people by just telling the truth.  I like this twist of Sami and Kate not breaking any laws, using the truth to their advantage, and turning evidence over to the police.  It's priceless.  I've been trying to hang in and continue watching until AS leaves, and the only thing I enjoy about the show are Sami and Kate.

• Love 7

I thought it was dumb when Jordan said "What right do you have to judge others?" Who doesn't judge the lady who slept with your fiancee?  Even the nicest person would....

If Jordan was referring to herself, I never thought Sami passed a judgment on her. She wasn't always super nice to Jordan (however, Sami isn't generally sparkly with people anyway), but I never really thought she took the time formulate  a judgment.

As for Abigail, I think Sami was able to turn around Abigail's own words on her from the previous day in the mansion when Abigail went crowing "Back off, you don't understand the concept of happiness --- Rafe LOVES Jordan....blah blah blah." I don't know if Abigail is smart  enough to grasp how Sami managed to turn Abigail's words  back on her, but Abigail walked into that pretty easily.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

The problem is that Abby has never truly believed that she did something wrong by sleeping with EJ.  For all the talk of her 'guilt' and 'am I still a good person?', it all comes down to the DE changeroom and how she said she should feel sorry but she doesn't.  She told Sami that she's done feeling guilty, maybe that would mean more if she had moped on the couch with a pint of ice cream instead of rushing off to do her Abby Defense World Tour.  The fact is Jordan that stupid bint should realise that Abby does deserve her dismissal, and in the face of Rafe cheating with Kate she should actually pull away from Abby who is the Kate in Sami's scenario, but no, inexplicably, everyone must act like Sami is the bad one.

Okay Sami is not endearing herself to people by being aggressive, but at least she's refusing to be a victim. 

• Love 3

The fact that no one in the Horton-Devereaux family has ever really had a calm reaction to infidelity is where I find their inability to understand Sami's position a bit baffling. I would expect them to support Abigail, but since Abigail's own dad didn't react well AT ALL  to Kayla's infidelity,  I don't think it should be that surprising to them why Sami might be having the reaction she is. If the worst thing that happens to Abigail is that she loses her job (for an actual violation of policy she did commit rather than being wrongfully accused) and has to hear a few mean words from Sami,  she should consider herself lucky.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

The thing about Abby that bugs is that she wasn't allowed to have a public shaming like Sami (at her many weddings) or Nicole with her suicide threat in the square.  Mags and Jen and Julie still get their digs in about Sami and Nicole's and Kate's and Chloe's pasts up until today.  Why is Abby spared because she's a Horton?  Just shows how hypocritcal that family is.  If Mar gets in Theresa's face when the truth about John comes out, I will call bullshit even more because it's obvious that Abby is getting special treatment.  This is just like when Stephanie used to go crazy cos everyone used to think Melanie was a Saint.

• Love 4

Kayla as COS is obligated to enforce the hospital's policies, she can't do so selectively.  If, in the whole of the hospital's history, it has ever fired someone for sleeping with a board member, the hospital would be liable for damages if Kayla didn't enforce the policy when her niece was involved.  I don't think the fact that her other niece was the major donor would be a good reason.  

• Love 2

If I was Sami, I would fire Kayla.   And fire Jen and replace her with Anne.  Since Kayla wants to wash her hands of Sami and back her 'niece' Abigail who is actually Steve's niece.  But since Kayla cheated on Jack with Steve maybe she doesn't really see what Abby did as wrong.   And yes, I know that Kayla married Jack out of pity, but they were still legally married.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

I'm fine with Sami fighting back not only because this is in character for Sami, but also because I would rather see a woman stand up for herself, and flat out say, "It is not my fault I was cheated on."  If the idiot writers back track on that, and have Sami taking any responsibility for EJ's or the boring twit's actions, I'm going to be annoyed.  Especially since so far all Sami has done is tell the truth, and ask Kayla to enforce hospital policy.  Compared to what Sami and Kate have done in the past, this is nothing.  The entertaining part of the SL is what Sami and Kate are doing at DE.

• Love 4

I really enjoy Sami despite (maybe even because of?!) her myriad flaws, and I can't stand Abigail for reasons you guys have already covered quite nicely, but I just really, really hope this isn't turning into one of those all too common scenarios where the cheated upon party focuses her wrath solely on 'the other woman' while eventually forgiving the guy who was actually in a committed relationship with her in the first place. Sadly, I've found that to be rather true to life---women turning on each other rather than allowing themselves to realize just how mightily they were betrayed by the man in question----but it's very far from how I'd like to see this scenario play out. And, frankly, even by 'everyone screws each other over for the sake of DRAMA!' soap standards, I find the prospect of EJ and Sami reuniting after all that's transpired over the years to be kind of absurd. And this is coming from someone who does---or at least DID---see chemistry between them! Honestly, at this point I'd love Sami to exit the show contentedly single. EJ can exit it in a body bag for all I care. 

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 5

I'm fine with Sami torturing the boring twit, but I want most of her anger focused on EJ.  The scene when EJ is in jail, and Sami laughs in his face when he tells her they can work things out was perfect.  Sami sarcastically asking him, "Why would I want to do that?  Because of the wonderful future we could have together?"  With just a few words Sami conveyed how much contempt she had for EJ, and referenced the last miserable eight years clearly indicating Sami believed that was all she would have to look forward to with EJ.  I loved how gleeful Sami was at the prospect of ruining EJ's life.  I hate the idea that there is any chance whatsoever for Sami to forgive EJ, and get back together with him.  I want EJ to die, and for Sami to leave Salem with her children.

• Love 4

I'm worried too that the show will have Sami forgive EJ and take him back, but at least she certainly did not just excuse him for everything, blame Abby for everything, and visit her wrath only on Abby. She's already done far worse to EJ than she has to Abby. Abby has had to listen to some insults and harsh truth-telling, and lost her job. EJ was arrested based on evidence we've been told is airtight and is looking at a trial and prison sentence; meanwhile, his company has been taken from him and Sami is selling or giving away everything he cares about. (And, his reaction when he learned from Victor about what Sami did proves, again, that all his blather to Sami about how he doesn't care about his company was just him trying to flatter Sami.)

Yeah, I wasn't clear on what Kate was doing until afterwards when she told Sami that she'd been having fun twisting the knife in Abby. Because KM sure gave me no sign of that.

Jordan...I had to laugh at her butting in on Sami and Abby's business. And Sami even said that to her. And yeah, Sami hasn't been friendly with Jordan, but we saw from her conversation with Kate earlier that that's just because she doesn't really tend to be friendly in general - she told Kate Jordan was not even on her radar. The dumbass should have kept her mouth shut. There was no need for her to involve herself in somebody else's fight, but since she and Abby were both trying to do the annoyingly smug superiority thing (and I find it especially stupid when they try to affect that attitude over Jordan and Rafe's relationship, because, please - Jordan and Rafe have been together what, a few months? Rafe and Sami were involved for years, and were married, so, you know, call back when you're past the initial phase and then maybe you can try to compare relationships), I'm glad Sami shut them up. With the truth, as it happens. I'm sure Jordan will focus all her anger on Rafe and will let Kate skate, right? Right?

As for Chrishell Stause, Jordan is not a well-written part, but Stause could bring more to it, I feel. I watched her on AMC too and I know what she can do. She isn't an awesome actress, but she was competent and she has plenty of charisma when she wants to turn it on. My guess is that she felt she was destined for better than soaps and is disappointed that she's had to take another soap role, so she's not trying.

• Love 3

I think it was easy for EJ to give everything up to Stefano, and tell Sami he didn't care if she took over DE because EJ believed he would eventually get it all back.  Sami and Kate selling subsidiaries to Victor, and giving away EJ and Stefano's toys is something different all together.  It's just another example of the mask EJ tries to wear to keep Sami with him.  EJ made his choice when he lied to Sami about Kristen/Eric.  EJ told Kristen if he lied to Sami, he would lose her, and he lied anyway.  Then EJ cheated, and when Sami confronted him about it, EJ lied again, then blamed Sami for what he did.  I have no idea where this will all end up, but what the writers have shown is that EJ gives lip service to loving Sami, and his actions show otherwise.  Where was EJ's great love for Sami and his children when he was lying to Sami about Kristen drugging and raping Eric (Sami's twin brother), and cheating on Sami with the babysitter?

• Love 2

I know that people have said that Abigail isn't worth Sami's time, but if Orlando Bloom can get worked up about Justin Bieber, it doesn't seem implausible that Abigail would set her off!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
I know that people have said that Abigail isn't worth Sami's time, but if Orlando Bloom can get worked up about Justin Bieber, it doesn't seem implausible that Abigail would set her off!

Yeah, especially since we've seen that she doesn't set Sami off that much. She's pulled her punches when it comes to Abby. She could have had Ann haul Abby in for an embarrassing hearing and firing, for maximum damage, but instead she gave the situation to Abby's aunt to handle and let Abby resign. When Abby is ranting on at her, Sami's mostly been amused in a dismissive fashion, much like one would be with a tiny dog yapping about your ankles. Even the way she gave Abby a few light smacks rather than a full-on slap...it's very clear that Sami knows that Abby is not up to her level at all, and is tailoring her actions accordingly, and that makes it work for me. In a weird way, it's almost like a parent teaching a kid a lesson (something Jennifer should have done and failed).

That's how it came across with Jordan too. Jordan is a nonentity for Sami, but if she's going to be dumb enough to confront someone way above her fighting weight (and about something that's not even her business), then Sami is going to put her in her place.

Sami's attitude with EJ is very different, and I don't just mean that annoying subtext that she might decide to forgive him eventually. She's not pulling her punches with him. And she took protective measures by finding and destroying the incriminating evidence he had on her, precisely because he is a legitimate threat. And their scene together showed that it's as I thought - she's waiting for him to threaten her first with the evidence, before she lets him know she already destroyed it. Smart. She's giving him the rope with which to hang himself.

• Love 6

If I were Jordan, and my friend had done what Abby did, I think I'd keep my damn mouth shut.  I wouldn't mouth off to the injured party and start insulting her, especially when she's the board member's wife and said friend was already losing her job.  Sometimes the only right way to be a supportive friend is to avoid more trouble.  Abby's actions are indefensible.

• Love 7

Indeed, oceanblue. Heck, that's the exact advice Kayla gave Abby's mom (although of course Jen ignored it). The smart thing is to hope that Sami is satisfied with the pound of flesh she's extracted, and really, I think she probably is satisfied. Antagonizing her, running the risk of provoking her into more revenge, is just stupid. Did Jordan think her words would make Sami see the error of her ways or something?

• Love 1