Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

So, Nicole, you just drop by Rafe's to visit with Ava and not bother to call? She looked good today, though. Nice coat/sweater. She was interrupting another guest. Guess Tripp can come back. Charlie was alive when Ava dropped by the apartment? She didn't call 911?

Awww, Jan, you're back. Of course you 'forgot' what you did, at least for a few minutes. And now you want John charged. Both of you can spend time in jail.

John, you heard a gunshot? But you blacked out and had missing time?

Thought Rafe was going to give Sami a kiss, too. However, she knows nothing about his current houseguest. She should be facing charges or fines about lying about a murder charge.

The blanket is teething? Will Henry turn in to baby shark?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Gosh, for a lawyer Belle isn't really all that bright is she?  She was gloating about "getting" Jan without even thinking about how Jan got in to the coma in the first place.  I honestly thought, at first, that she was there because she was hoping to mitigate the charges against John.

I think most of us saw the timing of Charlie's death proving Sami couldn't have done it coming a mile away.  But, even if she had seen someone leaving, how does that explain Ava not calling the police?  She could have simply not told anyone that little tidbit, rather than simply pretending she was never there.

Tripp is acting WAY too guilty.  That MUST mean that he's the next one suspicion will fall on which means he didn't do it either.  It really will end up being some random person won't it?

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Tripp is acting WAY too guilty.  That MUST mean that he's the next one suspicion will fall on which means he didn't do it either.  It really will end up being some random person won't it?

It is totally going to turn out to be Jan.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It is totally going to turn out to be Jan.

Let's see..... she came out of her coma, fooled the doctors into thinking she was still in the coma, slipped out of the hospital, killed Charlie for..... reasons, slipped back in to the hospital, and fooled the doctors again into thinking she was still in the coma for several more days.  YES!  That tracks!  Makes as much sense as most of the other random plots going on.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Let's see..... she came out of her coma, fooled the doctors into thinking she was still in the coma, slipped out of the hospital, killed Charlie for..... reasons, slipped back in to the hospital, and fooled the doctors again into thinking she was still in the coma for several more days.  YES!  That tracks!  Makes as much sense as most of the other random plots going on.

She actually could have a reason. When she woke up from her coma, she overheard that Charlie raped Allie and how Claire almost got the evidence  to prove his guilt. She killed Charlie to protect Claire and win brownie points with Shawn.

BTW, that storyline would be reminiscent of one of the best whodunits: All My Children's Who Killed Will Courtlandt. Will (rapist) was killed by Janet (mentally unstable nickname Janet from Another Planet). She was 20 months pregnant in the hospital with the police guarding her room because she kidnapped her sister Natalie because she was in love/obsessed with Trevor who was involved with Natalie. Will had raped bad girl Gloria and then married  Hayley (Trevor's niece) and tried to attack her as well. There were a million suspects but Janet managed to escape her hospital room while heavily pregnant and the police guarding her room and used the crowbar to kill Will. She slipped back to her room and and no one was the wiser.

Edited by nilyank
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

And now you want John charged. Both of you can spend time in jail.

Is that what happened in the last 15 minutes?  My episode got preempted by the insanity at the Capitol Building. 

Today's episode should have been labeled with a Tedious Exposition Dump Warning.  What's the point of actually watching the show if they're going to explain every Silly Plot Point with clunky dialogue a couple months later?  

You know your Murder Mystery is bad when a mother actually doesn't call an ambulance as her son is dying in her arms, because all of your Silly Plot Points won't work if she does.

At least Charlie got to hear Ava express her love for him before she left his dead body to be shot by someone else.  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  

But seriously, why bother with a Murder Mystery if it's going to suck this badly?  It would have been more interesting if they'd just sent Charlie to The Statesville Country Club.  I've heard they have Ice Cream Socials there.  

So John's aneurysm is explanation enough for trying to kill Jan but Jan's mental illness isn't good enough for trying to "trick" Shawn into marrying her?  If the Black family is going to pretend like their poop doesn't stink, I'm going to have to root for Jan.  

Do the Breakdown and Script Writers ever get to express frustration with how stupid some of the plotting is, or is everyone content to get a paycheck and call it a day?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

But seriously, why bother with a Murder Mystery if it's going to suck this badly?  It would have been more interesting if they'd just sent Charlie to The Statesville Country Club.  I've heard they have Ice Cream Socials there.  

Yes.  Statesville really is a fun place - unlimited, unsupervised time  to surf the internet, no inspections to find illicit phones, visitors at any time of the day or night (again with no supervision)  and people pretty much being free to roam about wherever and whenever they want.  And I really don't want to have to hear ONE MORE person say "So that means the real killer is still out there" while whoever they're talking to looks appropriately guilty.  We all know the conclusion (have the writers even decided who did it yet?) is going to really suck.

37 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

So John's aneurysm is explanation enough for trying to kill Jan but Jan's mental illness isn't good enough for trying to "trick" Shawn into marrying her?  If the Black family is going to pretend like their poop doesn't stink, I'm going to have to root for Jan.  

Yes.  I wasn't really watching the first time when she had Shawn in a cage but I kind of like this snarky person.  I loved it when Jan wiped the smug off Belle's face by threatening to have John arrested.  One of the best lines from yesterday's April Fool's episode was when John muttered under his breath "I should have hired Carrie."  Pretty soon Belle is going to be Justin levels of incompetence.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

She actually could have a reason. When she woke up from her coma, she overheard that Charlie raped Allie and how Claire almost got the evidence  to prove his guilt. She killed Charlie to protect Claire and win brownie points with Shawn.

BTW, that storyline would be reminiscent of one of the best whodunits: All My Children's Who Killed Will Courtlandt. Will (rapist) was killed by Janet (mentally unstable nickname Janet from Another Planet). She was 20 months pregnant in the hospital with the police guarding her room because she kidnapped her sister Natalie because she was in love/obsessed with Trevor who was involved with Natalie. Will had raped bad girl Gloria and then married  Hayley (Trevor's niece) and tried to attack her as well. There were a million suspects but Janet managed to escape her hospital room while heavily pregnant and the police guarding her room and used the crowbar to kill Will. She slipped back to her room and and no one was the wiser.

And Will Courtlandt was played by Patrick James Stuart! Now Valentin on GH.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

+1

8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

We all know the conclusion (have the writers even decided who did it yet?) is going to really suck.

You know they haven't!

I do think there's a strong possibility it's Jan. It makes no sense really to bring her back so at least if she's the killer she has some reason to be here lol. 

• Love 4

I think I'm going to hell with Charlie because I laughed through the entirety of Nicole/Ava's scenes. So, your son's dying wish is to hear you say, "I love you," you comply, and then you leave his corpse on the ground for hours, so half of Salem can speechify to it, and Sami can put two more bullets in his chest. 

Nicole is a beautiful woman. Why does the show insist on styling her the way that it does?

Jan Spears is an amazing character and Heather Lindell is awesome. She has the perfect balance of being believable sane while giving the audience hints of her insanity. If I were a bystander who didn't know Jan/Shawn/Belle's history and walked into that conversation, I would wonder why these two nutjobs were ganging up on, yelling and screaming, and making all types of outlandish accusations at a reasonably calm woman who just woke from a coma. The way she so casually and calmly threatened to have John arrested for her attempted murder, outwitting both of them, and calmly watched their horrified reaction is perfect villain deviousness. Xander and Kristen could learn a thing or 12 from her.

Rafe is proud of himself for knowing 5 am comes after 3 am. 

You know; I don't think it's a coincidence that yesterday's episode lacked Ava, Tripp, Rafe, and as much as it pains me to admit it Nicole, and it was a great episode with characters that I enjoyed spending time with. Can Ben buy some neckties and accept requests this time? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I think I'm going to hell with Charlie because I laughed through the entirety of Nicole/Ava's scenes. So, your son's dying wish is to hear you say, "I love you," you comply, and then you leave his corpse on the ground for hours, so half of Salem can speechify to it, and Sami can put two more bullets in his chest. 

Sami only shot him once. Still, I agree with this. Why the fuck wouldn't Ava call 911? I mean, I know it's because plot, but it's like the writers can't even put just a smidge of effort into making things make sense.

12 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Nicole is a beautiful woman. Why does the show insist on styling her the way that it does?

I believe they're styling themselves now. At the very least, they're doing their own hair and makeup, so we have AZ herself to blame for Nicole's disastrous looks of late lol.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 4/3/2021 at 12:24 AM, Frozendiva said:

Charlie wasn’t around long enough for a really good murder mystery. He was an interesting, compelling character that was gone too soon.

This.  To add to this, the people we saw him menace the most are characters who weren't compelling or who I really cared all that much about.  Every other suspect is so tangentially related to Charlie.  They might have threatened him once in the name of Allie but meh---Allie.  Or this Claire. 

If I felt a connection between Allie and her relatives or nuClaire and her relatives the way I felt about OKR's Claire and KDP's Eve, then this would be more compelling. I would be curious if Eve had it in her to kill Charlie on oldClaire's behalf. But the feeling of those connections just isn't there.  They aren't strong enough to pull the family into a compelling whodunit.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sami only shot him once. Still, I agree with this. Why the fuck wouldn't Ava call 911? I mean, I know it's because plot, but it's like the writers can't even put just a smidge of effort into making things make sense.

I believe they're styling themselves now. At the very least, they're doing their own hair and makeup, so we have AZ herself to blame for Nicole's disastrous looks of late lol.

They for sure are doing their own hair and makeup. CB has uploaded Instagram stories showing herself doing it and stated they were since return from the break a couple months ago.

I also think they have at least verbal input on their clothing. If you’ve seen how some of them dress irl it’s markedly similar to their character attire

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Gee, Nicole, it's obvious that the reason Ava is just telling you this now is because the writers just came up with it.

Good point, Ciara, you are in this situation because Ben killed Wendy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Another boring day for me...fast forwarded the majority of the program.  Just can't stand to watch John and Marlena.  Bored to death of Ben and Ciarra.  Nicole just gets on my last nerve these days.  Tried to watch the scene with Ally (another bore)/Sammy and Trip until Sammy came out with the "baby" wrapped the towel.  Why didn't the writers have Sammy just come out of the room gushing about how big Henry is instead of having that ridiculous visual?   

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know why they can't just get a baby doll to wrap in the blanket. I feel that would be slightly more realistic than using literally just a blanket lol.

Day's budget is even worse than we imagined!

• LOL 7

It's been said before, but I'll say it again. Ben is a controlling psychopath. It's not twu wuv, it's not cute, it's not a psychic connection. It's verging on stalking and intimidation at this point. And it's about f'ing time someone (meaning a character) made him listen when they say "back off bud."

• Love 11

I was home today so watched it all but if I'd been doing the pvr thing i would have zapped this whole episode. No interest in Cin and their eternal love and no longer care who offed Charlie. I am at this point only interested in Xander and Jack, preferably together 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

It's been said before, but I'll say it again. Ben is a controlling psychopath. It's not twu wuv, it's not cute, it's not a psychic connection. It's verging on stalking and intimidation at this point. And it's about f'ing time someone (meaning a character) made him listen when they say "back off bud."

If I thought this show had any self awareness and nuance I would have Abby do it. She could tell Ben he's going back on the same path with Ciara he did with her tracking the phone, not leaving her alone etc.  However that goes against the show's narrative they want to tell with Ben.

• Love 8

Ben was pretty scary with Theo the other day.  

guess Nicole did not want to pass up a free meal. Tacos are delicious but Ava wasn’t going tell Rafe anything if Nicole left.   

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/3/2021 at 12:20 AM, DaphneCat said:

Jan hallucinated that Charlie was the guy who raped her in Puerto Rico when she was a teenager. Does Mike Manning look anything like the guy? No, but we're not looking for logic here.

The whole thing with Jan seems to be that she's mentally stuck as a teenager and she can't let go of the past. It'd track for her to relive the time she shot her rapist, just like she imagines Shawn being the baseball player and Belle being the head cheerleader and Prom Queen she's jealous of.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Is Charlie's apartment building a free for all? Most have a main door and someone has to let you in, or they have a concierge type staff member who can open the door. Should there not be footage of all his visitors the night he was killed?

Ben, calm down. Psychic connection or not, you don't freak someone out. And he couldn't call Dr. Evans instead of going to her apartment - again, no doorbell to gain building entrance.

John hears gunshots, Tripp looks like he is guilty, Ava is guilty - but it's Taco Monday!

Sami, maybe you could hold the not so wriggly blanket better.

Don't really remember anything else.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Is Charlie's apartment building a free for all?

To the writer's credit, that was the impression given back when he was holding Ava captive.  I think he even mentioned choosing that building because of the secluded nature of the apartment.  He told Ava no one would hear her screams, and Claire once made her way up to his apartment without having to buzz him to let her in.  

Tripp being Charlie's shooter could make this almost interesting with the sibling rivalry aspect, and I feel like Lucas Adams may be able to do something with the guilt of killing his own brother.  But all of these characters were more compelling when they had to deal with Charlie actually being alive.  If it's John Black so that he can be "exonerated" because of his aneurysm, then this has been a total waste of time.  

The only thing I like about Ben and Ciara is Ciara being repulsed by her involvement with a serial killer, and that's mostly because I wonder what CIN fans think of her saying these things, but that's not enough to get me to watch any of their scenes today.  

Hey Show, why not have Ava out struggling to find a new job instead of these repetitive conversations with Nicole?  The stress of that and seeing Tripp leave Charlie's apartment could really be weighing on her.  The Writers aren't even developing their own ideas, lol.  And I continue to come back day after day.  Good grief, I have no one to blame but myself.  

• Love 6

To the writer's credit, that was the impression given back when he was holding Ava captive.  I think he even mentioned choosing that building because of the secluded nature of the apartment.  He told Ava no one would hear her screams, and Claire once made her way up to his apartment without having to buzz him to let her in.  

Yeah. But even in dumps you need a key to get into an apartment complex or to be buzzed in. 

yet somehow Charlie who lived in a niceish loft and Marlena who live sun a bougie penthouse condo had myriad random visitors show up at their doors. 

billionaires on the show also get random people banging on their doors or just walking into the house even though billionaires live in gated communities or have private drives with fences and a gate with a passcode or buzzer to the main house intercom. 

the show keeps talking about these opulent lives tbey live and how enviable it is but having even less safety than the average person and living in a tiny study or living room the size of a studio apartment makes it comedy. All while wearing mall outlet clothes. Like they’ll have character rave over how luxe it is or fighting to be part of that but they’re normal. 

• Love 4

Tripp being Charlie's shooter could make this almost interesting with the sibling rivalry aspect, and I feel like Lucas Adams may be able to do something with the guilt of killing his own brother.

Except that Tripp is acting too suspicious, which means he didn't do it.  Yesterday was pretty standard soap trope where Allie flat out asked him if he did it and, of course, he just stood there looking guilty long enough to be interrupted.  This is supposedly going to create "conflict" because both Allie and Nicole now think he did it.

It's going to be some lame rando - absolutely no fall out for anyone.

• Love 4

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The only thing I like about Ben and Ciara is Ciara being repulsed by her involvement with a serial killer, and that's mostly because I wonder what CIN fans think of her saying these things, but that's not enough to get me to watch any of their scenes today.  

Cin fan here.  Possibly the only one on this forum?   As for my thoughts on the current Cin storyline, I'm enjoying it.  I like that Ciara is questioning her relationship with a serial killer.  I like that she's acting more naive, younger even, which makes sense since she thinks it's 3(?) years ago.  I do, however, think they've taken those books, and the "connection" way too far, and that unless those are magical books, it's just ridiculous now.  

My only real negative is if VK is only back for a short time, and that Cin are going to spend all of it apart, and probably still be apart when/if she leaves again.   

I also wonder what the plan is for Ben if Ciara leaves Salem again.

On the same topic, more-or-less, it's gotten ridiculous now that Hope is unreachable and doesn't know the daughter she's searching the world for is home in Salem  I don't know the solution, and don't think a recast would work, but Hope's absence is huge.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If it's John Black so that he can be "exonerated" because of his aneurysm, then this has been a total waste of time.  

Well, there you go, it'll definitely be John lol.

The Writers aren't even developing their own ideas, lol.  And I continue to come back day after day.  Good grief, I have no one to blame but myself.  

Yep.

30 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

The neighbor “You’re wrong! I actually could hear all the noise you were making, you Asshole!” (Pew pew) 

I don't hate it.

• Love 7
(edited)

As soon as I saw Ben, Ciara and Ava in yesterday's episode, I skipped it. Life's tough enough.

Friday's wasn't as bad but I will say this: I was always on the fence about TB's acting abilities since I know she's been in the biz for years...but after seeing her flat delivery in the kitchen scene where she confessed to watching her son die, I knew all I needed to know. She's a poor actress. She can be plenty slimey as Ava and throw little looks, but it's one-note as hell.

Charlie gave a great death scene, meanwhile. I never believed them as mother and son though.

And I really don't care who killed him.

Was anyone else in stitches over the hypocrisy of rapist/attempted murderer/sociopath Ava acting like she just couldn't bring herself to respect her dying son, the one-time rapist? Because Mama Ava has morals, you know...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

Today's episode made me laugh:  Lani doesn't like to take hand outs?  Since when?  She is currently living in an apartment JJ let her stay is after he--with Theo's help--did all the grunt work and exposed Gabi and the pacemaker debacle.  All Lani does is live off of other people helping her.

I hate to say this, but I think I could get behind a Ben/Claire pairing, especially if it happens while they are both heartbroken over Ciara's not remembering them.  Ben/Claire lean on each other for support and the next thing they're falling for each other--very soapy indeed.

I love Xander's "You're a bad bartender Julie!"--too funny and is it wrong that I'm enjoying Julie's getting a taste of her own medicine with how rudely dismissive Paulina's been of her?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Cin fan here.  Possibly the only one on this forum?   As for my thoughts on the current Cin storyline, I'm enjoying it.  I like that Ciara is questioning her relationship with a serial killer.  I like that she's acting more naive, younger even, which makes sense since she thinks it's 3(?) years ago.  I do, however, think they've taken those books, and the "connection" way too far, and that unless those are magical books, it's just ridiculous now.  

I'm a lukewarm Cin fan. Out of all the pairings possible for these two characters, I 'ship Cin because I see the most heat between the two compared to each with someone else on canvas. But if show broke them up, I wouldn't be crying over it.  The bolded though...OMG - ditto to infinity!  Are we supposed to laugh at their psychic connection, because that's my reaction! 

My only real negative is if VK is only back for a short time, and that Cin are going to spend all of it apart, and probably still be apart when/if she leaves again.   

I also wonder what the plan is for Ben if Ciara leaves Salem again.

Yep - I know nothing about anyone's contract status but I seriously wonder what storyline the show will limp along with if one of the actors leaves...(or will they maybe recast)?

On the same topic, more-or-less, it's gotten ridiculous now that Hope is unreachable and doesn't know the daughter she's searching the world for is home in Salem  I don't know the solution, and don't think a recast would work, but Hope's absence is huge.

THIS!  THIS!  THIS!  It's completely and absolutely BEYOND ridiculous that Hope is not on canvas.  I can't recall what Shawn told Ciara about why Hope isn't there (she's not answering her phone?  was that it?).  Well, what about text!?  If Shawn or someone else told Hope via TEXT that Ciara is alive and in Salem, how does that explain her not being in town "because she hasn't been answering her phone"?!?!?  Now, if Shawn said Hope must have turned her phone off/put her phone away then at least that can sort of explain why Hope doesn't seem to be aware of Ciara's status. At this point, it's so obvious DOOL doesn't care about this asteroid size plot hole!   (This is me speaking as someone who doesn't really want the role to be recast but for logic sake see the necessity of needing to recast Hope)

• Love 8

Between shutting down Ben last week and then Chanel today, Theo is quickly becoming my favourite character.

Speaking of Chanel, she's not even good at being a scammer. Did she think Theo was going to pay her way back to South Africa?

Lani, STFU. If the writers have nothing of value to add to her at the moment (whining about a very generous offer from a well-off relative is not value), move her off canvas for the time being and wrap up the other damn story lines already.

I am genuinely shocked Ben didn't burst into CIIIIIAAAAARA's room during the hypnosis and start screaming about how he saved her from the fire.

• Love 7

They've just completely abandoned Theo's autism.

Is the town square publicly owned?  Then that would mean that all of the businesses there rent from the town.  If it's privately owned, then Abe has no input into its future.

Baby nurse?  Is that anything like a babysitter?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I hate to say this, but I think I could get behind a Ben/Claire pairing, especially if it happens while they are both heartbroken over Ciara's not remembering them.  Ben/Claire lean on each other for support and the next thing they're falling for each other 

and killing people. Can't forget about the killing! 

This show has become so insultingly bad, that they are now setting up a love triangle between an autistic character (whether they choose to acknowledge it or not) and a serial killer and the autistic one is the bad guy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Is the town square publicly owned?  Then that would mean that all of the businesses there rent from the town.  If it's privately owned, then Abe has no input into its future.

It is an indoor mall, so no the mayor of Salem has no say what happens inside there.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I hate to say this, but I think I could get behind a Ben/Claire pairing, especially if it happens while they are both heartbroken over Ciara's not remembering them.  Ben/Claire lean on each other for support and the next thing they're falling for each other--very soapy indeed.

I love the idea of it and if ORK was still here I'd probably still be clamoring for it like I used to because her and RSW had amazing chem, but it doesn't work for me at all with this actress and I just hate Ben/RSW so much.

Ah, the 'it's indoors, no it's outdoors!' debate, it always gets me lol. I feel like the convo Abe and Paulina had today makes it clear imo that Horton Square is actually not an indoor mall.

Xander was fun today and I am super looking forward to what happens with him and Chanel. I need Gwen to stumble by the park bench too and then maybe those 3 can form an unholy alliance lol.

I'm liking this new Theo, mainly because he seems to hate Ben, which is a great quality in a person.

• Love 4
On 4/3/2021 at 1:24 AM, Frozendiva said:

Charlie wasn’t around long enough for a really good murder mystery. He was an interesting, compelling character that was gone too soon.

There’s always a “salam-resurrection “

soooooo...my bets on that if the actor isn’t doing much else.

I’m thinking Belle or Kayla as the murderer . 
thinking in “days like” fashion. Who knows, I’m really bored with it.

Just  started watching on and off again since December, when I learned JKJ was back

Very very discouraged and disappointed in all of it 😐😟

• Love 3

Suspects and motive 

Ava revenge for holding her hostage   Protecting her other son   She could totally be lying to Nicole  

Tripp built up anger over everyone blaming him for Allies rape  

John his anger issues and wanting revenge for Allie 

lucas he wanted to hurt Tripp when he thought he was the rapist 

Claire she had tried to kill  people before they did not do as much bad stuff as Charlie 

Belle protecting her daughter   She did not want Claire to have her own crazy Jan in her life 

Charlie’s neighbor revenge for him making so much noise 

• LOL 7
On 4/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, buffynut said:

Also, could Charlie have shot himself?  Since he took the gun from Allie, it's not impossible.  Or is it?  Would forensics or an autopsy rule out suicide?

Edit to add:  Giving it just a moment's more

I thought this, as well.

• Love 2

I am so sick of seeing Marlena hypnotize people. That seems to be all she does these days. She's hypnotized half of Salem at this point. If she were smart, she'd impart a trigger on them and have everyone give her five dollars every time she snapped her fingers at them.

I'm enjoying Chanel a lot more now. I don't know if it was just first episode jitters, but she seems so much more improved lately. I'm also looking forward to seeing what happens between her and Xander.

8 hours ago, norcalgal said:

It's completely and absolutely BEYOND ridiculous that Hope is not on canvas.  I can't recall what Shawn told Ciara about why Hope isn't there (she's not answering her phone?  was that it?).  Well, what about text!?  If Shawn or someone else told Hope via TEXT that Ciara is alive and in Salem, how does that explain her not being in town "because she hasn't been answering her phone"?!?!?

Exactly my thoughts. If you can't get ahold of someone on the phone and you have super important news to share, the first thing you'd do is send a text! I'm surprised they just don't say that Hope is there while just not showing her. Like, open a scene with Ciara on the phone saying "Mom, you were just here, you didn't have to call me when you got home to make sure I was still ok!" And then after a few weeks of stuff like that, they could find another reason to ship her out again....maybe have her go hang out with Jennifer in Boston.

• Love 8

Marlena could probably outsource hypnosis to a lesser psychologist. She doesn't have the time to waste on amnesiac family members. Ciara's memory is rather selective. She remembers the fire but not her leg injury?

Eli and Lani make more than minimum wage. What happened to the house that was left to him? They are poorer than church mice, have great hair and great clothes, can afford to add an upstairs to JJ's bachelor apartment, and afford a baby nurse. Two babies at once is tough but a lot of people get through with having them on their own and maybe only help from a friend or grandma. Take the cheque, invest it in to an education fund. You have no idea if the twins will even want to go to college. 18 years of interest can add up.

Paulina, you go to the Mayor's office to chat about any new development. Not your hotel room.

Good for Theo for blowing off Chanel. Yeah, so she all of a sudden wants to go back to South Africa. And now he knows he's semi not related to her.

Julie sure has a lot of gossip. Surely as a reporter, Jack can do some investigating. Yeah, Xander has had too much to drink. And now Chanel has landed on his park bench.

• Love 4

I was getting a big kick out of Julie & Jack's conversation today, Julie loves to gossip & wants to know whats going on with everyone in town...poor Xander...I'm glad he has Jack looking after him(altho is Chanel going to worm her way into his life(and money?))

• Love 2
6 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I am genuinely shocked Ben didn't burst into CIIIIIAAAAARA's room during the hypnosis and start screaming about how he saved her from the fire.

You have no idea how much Ben is pissing me off with how he's pressuring Ciara to remember him. My niece had memory loss following a serious car accident a few years back. It was awful and heartbreaking. The doctors were certain her memory would come back as she slowly healed from the trauma. And it did. It took a while but it did. I mean, I already can't stand Ben but this is obnoxious.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Eli and Lani make more than minimum wage. What happened to the house that was left to him? They are poorer than church mice, have great hair and great clothes, can afford to add an upstairs to JJ's bachelor apartment, and afford a baby nurse. Two babies at once is tough but a lot of people get through with having them on their own and maybe only help from a friend or grandma. Take the cheque, invest it in to an education fund. You have no idea if the twins will even want to go to college. 18 years of interest can add up.

Yes.  Instead of them simply deciding to tell Paulina they'll accept a reasonable amount and start a college fund - which various other relatives could also contribute to over the years - we were stuck with an interminable discussion of Lani's past.  I didn't think it was possible for these two to get any more boring.  I was wrong.

I'm also really over having to relive the whole Ciaaaaaara trauma about the fire (so they can presumably have her remember being saved by wonderful, CHANGED Ben).  Move along, please.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes.  Instead of them simply deciding to tell Paulina they'll accept a reasonable amount and start a college fund - which various other relatives could also contribute to over the years - we were stuck with an interminable discussion of Lani's past.  I didn't think it was possible for these two to get any more boring.  I was wrong.

I'm also really over having to relive the whole Ciaaaaaara trauma about the fire (so they can presumably have her remember being saved by wonderful, CHANGED Ben).  Move along, please.

They can accept a reasonable amount and every birthday, Aunt Paulina or whoever can write a cheque to add to the fund.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I hate to say this, but I think I could get behind a Ben/Claire pairing, especially if it happens while they are both heartbroken over Ciara's not remembering them...

tenor.gif?itemid=12045557

• LOL 3
20 hours ago, Damian said:

and killing people. Can't forget about the killing! 

To be fair, Claire only attempted to kill Ciara while Ben actually killed three women 🙂

On today's episode, we got the superb moment of Abby shouting that Jack's daughter is a murderer--we know she's talking about Gwen but Princess Abs' seems to have forgotten that she's a killer too--Andre anyone?--and she attempted to do away with Ben and Gwen, so Abby is in good company with Gwen.

So, when is this storyline with Sarah running away with Rex going to be resolved and how long is Sarah going to be left without medical care while Kristen keeps her hidden away?  What an insult to Sarah and Xander--the fans of this couple deserve a better ending.

• Love 9