Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

Hmm...Casey was cute but never sexy. Casey also didn't have abs his last few years on the show, and he was a little bloated from his...um...outside the set activities. I don't really see him being Ron's type like Ben or Ford from One Life to Live who both have the, "I work out 8 hours a day and only eat half a cookie a year," look. 

True. I was thinking of Casey's look here- he was like the perfect twink similar to Mike Manning.

5a3f1e9f5db37c4b9cfbcae46fd936a8.jpg

I have a friend who's into the boy next door twink look and we used to drool over Casey Moss back in the day. LOL. I keep forgetting Casey's not 19 anymore. LOL. 

I'm guessing budget is the reason why we haven't been subjected to Johnny Dimera as a hunky 22-year old with a Ford-like look.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Just turned it on to see Vivien has a cell phone in her jail cell and turned off again

Enough already with the country club of a jail

But they don't have a sundae bar.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

Christ on a cracker, an entire episode of CIN and Kristen/Susan? What did we do collectively to deserve that?!

Ben, demanding everyone in sight force Ciara to remember is not a great look. Hopefully this Ciara remembers, and then realizes you're a controlling psychopath (even serial killer stuff aside), and ends it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Is Theo no longer autistic?

When does Brady ever focus on "your girl"?

I have these questions too.   Does anyone have a picture of the teacups people are posting about ?

Clyde also a cell phone in prison.  So Vivian phone wasn’t a surprise.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Haha! A few years ago it was rumored Casey had a drinking problem hence his weight gain. He was arrested at the time for disorderly conduct and public intoxication. While I can't speak for certain about whether he does or doesn't have or had a drinking problem, I remember posting about it on this board at the time, and people were quite upset. That's why I decided to be a tad more diplomatic in my comment this time. lol

I can see it although this past visit he looked to have lost weight to me or maybe a lot of time had passed and he seemed thinner than I remembered. He was interviewed by Freddie and Alyssa on a podcast a few weeks ago and seemed fine to me. 

He talked about how they had to Zoom and not have a real rehearsal etc.

• Love 4

Anyone else think Chloe is going to end up in that chest next and Kristen will don a Chloe mask to bed Brady?

I like to see Kristen have a mask of a male character I mean at this point its not nearly as absurd.

I agree about Phillip I normally love him but something is missing this time around.  When it comes to actors/characters I like I prefer they leave and stay gone tbh. 

I think Ron is just going to conveniently act like Theo isn't autistic he's too lazy to write it in.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

Anyone else think Chloe is going to end up in that chest next and Kristen will don a Chloe mask to bed Brady?

She is noticeably of a different body type. Those masks would be magic.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Theo and Ciara were very sweet and cute today.  
  I like Phillip and Gabi together.  
Phillip seemed amused by his mom.   Gabi has not seen Kate fight like she does for her kids.   

• Love 2

That was 42 minutes I won't get back. What a dull ep.

Too bad the jail didn't have double or queen size beds for the lucky prisoners. No clue that The King is Elvis and that maybe Kristen may not be who she is. Never asks about her daughter, shows no affection to Brady. Find the brain cell you have, Brady and piece it together. And using Vivian. She has better things to do.

Chloe, don't show up for dinner early and be met with a high-strung 'Susan Banks'. She is a little off from her usual off-ness. And maybe she can go somewhere else for dinner. Thought she was going to break the cheese board with her knife. The jealousy and rage were almost steaming from her ears.

Philip and Gabi are kind of cute together. So Xander slugged him and Gabi bought him home to wash his shirt. Big deal. Kate, get out of your kids' lives and work on your own. How awkward of a dinner party.

Ben, Dr. Rolf's drug may not work. And no, you just can't snap your fingers for your wife to get her memory back. It may come back on its own. Maybe you can smack her with one of the books to see if that does it. She and Theo are cute, but time has moved on and unless Theo still loves her, it won't last.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Christ on a cracker, an entire episode of CIN and Kristen/Susan? What did we do collectively to deserve that?!

Ben, demanding everyone in sight force Ciara to remember is not a great look. Hopefully this Ciara remembers, and then realizes you're a controlling psychopath (even serial killer stuff aside), and ends it.

I’ve started ff’d to the point of just deleting quite a few days of Days.  Something I never would have done years ago. It makes me sad. I grew up with this show. What happened to the family drama? Recast these actors that have quit, bring back the actors or replacements to those we haven’t seen in a while. It’s almost like a new show now & it sucks. 

• Love 2

I laughed at loud when Vivian had a cell phone stashed under her pillow. I laughed even harder when Vivian wasn't even pretending to whisper, so the "guards" wouldn't discover her secret stash. And I almost fell out of my seat when Vivian just waltzed into the visitor's room to add herself to Susan/Brady's conversation. I guess Ron isn't even trying to make this seem like a real prison anymore with Vivian/Susan/Brady having what appeared to be at least a 20 minute conversation without any guards present or any record of Vivian's whereabouts. Why haven't these two women just waltzed out of the prison since no one seems to work there anymore.

Ciara/Theo - Was anything they said about their childhood actually seen onscreen? That's all I got from those scenes.

Gabi/Kate/Jake/Philip - at this point, I'm not certain why any of these people are on canvas. And yes, I know being overprotective and meddlesome is well-established in Kate's history, but when your youngest child is in his late 30s/early 40s and your great grandchild is almost 10 - real-world time and probably a teenage in soap opera time - it's time to learn to let your children make their own decisions.

Chloe/Kristen - John is the slowest and quietest cook known to man. Again, I got nothing for the actual scenes that haven't been well-established. Also, will Kristen even come up with a plan to get rid of Chloe, or do we have to watch her grab threatening objects and Chloe remains oblivious for years to come?

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 3
On 3/29/2021 at 10:10 PM, Frozendiva said:

Couldn't she just ask Harold to put the bloody shirt in the wash?

I feel like Harold is only one broken wineglass away from telling the whole sorry lot of them to do their own bloody laundry -- forever!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 3/30/2021 at 12:36 PM, methodwriter85 said:

True. I was thinking of Casey's look here- he was like the perfect twink similar to Mike Manning.

5a3f1e9f5db37c4b9cfbcae46fd936a8.jpg

I have a friend who's into the boy next door twink look and we used to drool over Casey Moss back in the day. LOL. I keep forgetting Casey's not 19 anymore. LOL. 

I'm guessing budget is the reason why we haven't been subjected to Johnny Dimera as a hunky 22-year old with a Ford-like look.

The problem for me is that Ron does not write for women.  Ron has no idea what women like and want in a man..  Women are not as visual as men in general. So muscles and a six pack while nice is not important in the long run.  

• Love 7
Just now, Pearson80 said:

The problem for me is that Ron does not write for women.  Ron has no idea what women like and want in a man..  Women are not as visual as men in general. So muscles and a six pack while nice is not important in the long run.  

You could have stopped there.

So Chanel must be the mysterious person Theo was dating in South Africa. Seeing as how she was there on a trip, is it any wonder that it ended?

Ben: YOU DIDN'T TELL CIIIIIIIAAAARAAAAAAA HOW AWESOME I AM?!

Theo: Nope.

Theo is 100% now my favourite person ever.

ENOUGH with this atrocious Kristen/Chloe/Susan/Brady BS. It's obvious the writers have no plan for this stupid story line.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Chanel trying to guilt trip her mother.

They turned Theo into a bit of an asshole.

It took me a few minutes to figure out that Chanel and Theo aren't related, even though she's his half sister's cousin.

"At least I have my family around me."  Um, not your mother.

Has Lani visited her bestie in prison since Susan and Kristin switched bodies?

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Has Lani visited her bestie in prison since Susan and Kristin switched bodies?

Yes. Susan tripped all over herself not knowing about their time as nuns. Lani, being the level of detective we know her to be, suspected nothing 

Two days of Cin and Kristen. They shelved Sarah for this ?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I see why KA left this show its not the Days she remembers(she wasn't wrong). I do think Chanel has a lot of promise but as predicted Ron would make sure she would wear thin. 

I hope Theo/Ciara just remain friends there's something really pure about their relationship I don't want that aspect ruined.

• Love 6

I found myself fast forwarding through every scene of today's because I have little interest in any of the storylines (or characters) shown.  So half-way through I deleted the episode.  

• Love 4

I thought that Theo's girlfriend was a native South African. Not his relative a few times removed. She's always on the grift of sorts - trying to get him to take her out for dinner.

It was a bit rich of her to order room service. She and her mom could have gone to a cafe for dinner. Not a very expensive hotel meal. Starving or not. Why wasn't she drunk from the champagne.

Belle did give good advice regarding someone 'buying' you drinks when you don't know them. It isn't likely that some stranger will treat you to anything and there is usually a price.

Yeah, Ben, Theo doesn't really know the new you. He is not going to vouch for you with Ciiaaaaarrrra.

I'm not sure I'd want to live my life without remembering things. Like the right year. Sure, there are some folk I'd like to forget. No reason for Ciara to still be in the hospital unless she has more tests. She could go home to outpatient care.

I too am finding the Kristen/Susan/Brady/Chloe story boring. Take off the stupid mask, Kristen, and deal with Brady on your own. Maybe he will want you, maybe he won't. The ruse is getting old and I would think that Dr. Evans thinks Susan needs some psychological care. The weird is off the charts.

• Love 5

Why can't Claire afford a $600 bill? That was honestly bugging me the entire episode. Her grandparents are Hope, John, and Victor who have all been established as wealthy for decades, and Marlena should be loaded in her own right. Claire also seems to have no expenses. I get not wanting to pay the bill, but she should easily be able to afford it.

Also, I wish the show would give Claire anything on earth to talk about but Ciara. On today's episode I noticed Claire has a photo of Ciara in her room, which normally would be fine. They're family. However, it just makes Claire seem obsessed with Ciara. It's odd that Marlena and Belle are urging Ciara to remember Claire like Claire would die without Ciara's love instead of putting that woman back into therapy. Claire obviously has some codependency issues, and at this point, the show has put in a ton of preliminary work for Single White Female/Claire gets a Ciara mask from Rolf storyline that would actually seem inevitable and shockingly realistic. 

I missed the episode where Chanel was introduced, but I really like her. She gives me a young Erica Kane (All My Children) vibe that the 20s set desperately needs (I actually always thought Erica Kane would be a good template for Ciara). Maybe that's why I would love to see the show test Chanel with Ben. She's already too good for Theo and Tripp brings everyone down.

I also agree with Chanel. If you give me credit cards with no limit and pay all the bills, why would I not travel around the world enjoying myself? Realistically what else would a young woman with a limitless budget do. 

I don't get Kristen's plan. Chloe wasn't thinking of Brady romantically until Kristen drilled it into her head. Brady wasn't thinking of Chloe romantically until Kristen drilled it into his head. In today's episode, she almost seemed determined to get Brady to fall in love with Chloe again. Also, I said this yesterday, but I we ever going to progress to Kristen's plan to harm Chloe? I love Chloe and always root for her, but this story needs some forward movement. We've been here for what seems like months now.

When did it become common knowledge that Vivian is alive again? Also, you'd think Chloe would be terrified at the thought of Vivian and Kristen becoming friends since both have attempted to kill her, and Kristen's attempt was just a couple months ago. And why would Chloe be surprised John is a good cook? She's known him for decades, was his daughter-in-law, and I'm certain has tasted or at least heard about his cooking since Marlena being a bad cook has been established since the early 90s. I imagine John does most of the cooking in that household.

It's odd that the show struggled for years to find a storyline for Hope, and now that her back from the dead daughter has returned and there are scenes that would be perfect with Hope in them, Hope is nowhere around. I mean Hope was literally in this same position - with amnesia and a new identity - several decades ago. It's also glaring when Ciara talks about being surrounded by family and Hope hasn't been seen on screen. I would never want the character recast, but I wish the show could have come to some agreement with KA for some brief appearances.

Lastly, it's odd to hear Ciara talk about people she never knew and didn't care about. I know people had a lot of problems with Ciara dating and eventually marrying Ben, but it's odd to hear her talking about him killing 3 women, when Ciara spent years not particularly caring about those women. I know this is a reset with the amnesia, but does she even remember those women's names? She also had little to no relationship to Will. I know their double cousins, but they've never had a strong relationship and rarely, if ever, had scenes together. I just wish the show had found another way to frame the amnesia and directed VK to play her horror differently. I'm actually a Ben/Ciara fan, but this is not filling me with a sense of longing but more so annoyance.

Sami' return so far has been a bust.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Does Claire have a job? She worked as waitress but we haven't seen her work lately.

I don't believe she does. However, I think it's in character for Victor to give her a credit card. Ciara's has spoken about her trust fund from Victor and I remember Shawn having a trust fund from Victor, so I would imagine Claire would too. I was just really annoyed that a character born into tremendous wealth would be described as not being able to afford a $600 tab. As Belle said, we're not talking about Eli here.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Does Claire have a job? She worked as waitress but we haven't seen her work lately.

I don't think Claire has talked about any sort of career goals since she was released from the hospital--her main focus was helping Ciara with the wedding and now all she does is prop up Ben and his sorry ass.  Claire needs more to do then talk endlessly about Ciara and Ben.

Today was the April Fool's day episode and there were some damn funny moments--I especially loved Kayla's "I don't remember any of our kids being born with a goatee, though' after she gave birth to Stefano 🙂

• Love 4

I don't normally enjoy the Halloween and April Fool's episodes, and almost didn't watch today, in which case I would have missed the best episode in ages.  Except for the Xander/Bonnie parts, I loved all the silliness from Sami being John's executioner to Sean and Jan, to Chloe, Philip and Belle.  Too funny, but still kind of what could have happened.  I almost wish they'd go with this sort of alternative reality for a bit, though it would probably get old fast.  Either way, I'm sure the actors had a ball acting in their scenes.

• Love 6

This April Fool's Show is a Hoot 🙂  Xander, the priest & Bonnie, the Nun were cracking me up.  Then Drake's funny facial expressions while Sami is berating him, then Marlena shows up & says he really killed Hattie and everybody is like "Ok".  And Steve & Kayla with 'baby Stefano", lol. It made for a more entertaining show than most have been recently.

• Love 7

Why would Jan be in a hospital instead of a rehab facility if she's been in a coma for months?

"This town has been home to way too many serial killers."

You would think that Roman would come out to find out who's screaming in his pub.

Jan and Claire were hilarious together.

Shawn in the baseball uniform is a throwback to the digital series, where Jan kidnapped him and dressed him in a baseball uniform.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I missed the episode where Chanel was introduced, but I really like her. She gives me a young Erica Kane (All My Children) vibe that the 20s set desperately needs (I actually always thought Erica Kane would be a good template for Ciara). Maybe that's why I would love to see the show test Chanel with Ben. She's already too good for Theo and Tripp brings everyone down.

Ciara as kid was much more interesting than this damsel in distress.  Ciara once blackmailed Sami for diamond earrings and had a crush on EJ of all people, I loved her rivalry with Allie who was being groomed to the opposite of her mother Sami and I also loved her sweet friendship with Theo. She was also interesting with Chase as a kid.   It is a shame that they ruined her when they aged her.  I can't stand to look at her.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Ciara as kid was much more interesting than this damsel in distress.  Ciara once blackmailed Sami for diamond earrings and had a crush on EJ of all people, I loved her rivalry with Allie who was being groomed to the opposite of her mother Sami and I also loved her sweet friendship with Theo. She was also interesting with Chase as a kid.   It is a shame that they ruined her when they aged her.  I can't stand to look at her.  

I also liked the Ciara/Allie dynamic where Ciara was the bad one and Allie was the good one. I think they should've aged naturally. We would've seen Allie be the opposite of her parents and Ciara be the opposite of hers. This would've provided a lot of drama/storylines. Instead they aged them and I can't stand to look at either of them(although amnesiac Ciara has a lot more promise than Allie in general).

I also thought the April Fools Episode was probably the best one they had in ages. Which is a sad state of the show that the storylines in that stand alone episode are better than what they currently have going on.

They also should keep the previously on Days and spare us the long flashbacks of a couple episodes before.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also liked the Ciara/Allie dynamic where Ciara was the bad one and Allie was the good one. I think they should've aged naturally. We would've seen Allie be the opposite of her parents and Ciara be the opposite of hers. This would've provided a lot of drama/storylines. Instead they aged them and I can't stand to look at either of them(although amnesiac Ciara has a lot more promise than Allie in general).

Imagine the complex mother/daughter relationships that would be a goldmine for drama with Sami and Hope dealing with daughters who are their polar opposites. Not to mention, Ciara being like her biological grandfather Victor forcing Bo to deal with the Kiriakis legacy once and for all.  Peter would rock those scenes... The Sami/Allie dynamic would have to include Marlena Carrie and Will.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

Yes and Julie would be conflicted because Ciara would be more like her than she would be willing to admit even though she understands Hope's concerns.  Yet like so many other things on this show way too interesting to write.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Ciara also saw Kristen Dimera as a role model. Hope was horrified. The show seemed to be setting up so much Ciara as a anti-heroine only to abandon it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Ciara also saw Kristen Dimera as a role model. Hope was horrified. The show seemed to be setting up so much Ciara as a anti-heroine only to abandon it.

The writing regime changes I think played a role but yeah we should've known no Horton is allowed to be bad for a long period of time especially a female one unless they get written off the show really quickly. Julie managed to be an exception though but that was a different era in soaps. They tend to neuter the bad girls on soaps these days. 

This would've been a great story with Hope/Ciara. Instead they aged her and killed any personality she had in the process. Neither character recovered tbh.

• Love 5

At first, I thought Jan Spears was Ciara and Shawn was visiting her.

I did laugh a few times - baby Stefano being born with a goatee, Bonnie and Xander in their priest and nun frocks. Yeah, Claire, Ghoul Girl will look after her own career first. And you do have to pay your dues. Killing her and taking her place?

John is on Death Row and is to be executed for killing Doc? Who turned out to be Hattie and no one cared?

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

It's frustrating because the leaked audition of the first teen Ciara pretty much followed the Erica Kane type of feel- Vivian Jovanni was wearing heavy makeup and using her feminine wiles. Then they just completely went with Sweet Teen Victim Ciara instead before eventually going with "Cool Girl" Ciara when they recast her with Konefal. I wanted an Erica Kane and it should have been Ciara, damn it!

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

John really should have hired Carrie. 
Did Sami say the F word ? 

was Kristin not in this episode because her character is already a joke?

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

She said "it felt good" after stabbing Belle with the poison.

It sure sounded like "F#$% it" to me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Jan is so right; The Pussycat Dolls are amazing!

I know everyone talked about how great this episode was, but I'm shocked at how much I liked it. It was probably my favorite of the year so far. The performances were great and with the exception of the Steve/Kayla scenes, it actually seemed like a possible one-year jump into Salem. 

"It was only Hattie Adams." Ron gave us a preview of the conclusion of his Who Killed Charlie storyline.

Why can't everyday Days be like this? The actors seemed alive, the performances were energetic, people had personalities, and there was just the right balance of camp and meta commentary. 

• Love 8

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought the April Fool's episode was so much better than like 90% of what we've been watching the past couple years, lol. I really enjoyed it! At first I didn't understand that this was supposed to be another one-year jump into the future instead of just some alternate reality, but it made more sense once I figured it out. I was confused by Kayla's "pregnancy"...she would have been well past 9 months if it were a year from when she was kidnapped, but whatever. Maybe Stefano clone babies have a longer gestation period.

20 hours ago, RedElf said:

Shawn in the baseball uniform is a throwback to the digital series, where Jan kidnapped him and dressed him in a baseball uniform.

Which itself was a throwback to when she locked Shawn in a cage way back when while he was wearing a baseball uniform (right?)

Also was very glad for a CIN and Kristen-free episode.

• Love 5
(edited)

They're slowly narrowing down the suspect pool.  Who's left now?  Tripp and John?  Is that it, or am I forgetting someone?

Also, could Charlie have shot himself?  Since he took the gun from Allie, it's not impossible.  Or is it?  Would forensics or an autopsy rule out suicide?

Edit to add:  Giving it just a moment's more thought, I'm ruling out suicide, based  on what I recently read in Ken Corday's book. Because his brother killed himself,  and he knows how traumatic that is for a family, there has never been a suicide on Days, so I doubt that will be the case here.

Edited by buffynut
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

They're slowly narrowing down the suspect pool.  Who's left now?  Tripp and John?  Is that it, or am I forgetting someone?

Belle looked a little suspicious to me the other day.   yes, I could see her letting Sami take the blame and I like Belle.  

I thought the April’s fool show Jan should have realized she wasted her time and Sean wasn’t worth all that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So, Nicole just walks into Rafe's house without knocking.

More HIPAA violations from the new doctor. Not to mention the lawyerly and police-y conflicts of interest.

• Love 5