Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I would argue the show needs more interesting and rootable young characters. 

Right now all we've got is Theo, Claire, Ciara, Ben, Tripp and Allie...amd they've already all (mostly) bed-hopped.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

The only godparent that makes sense, going by the traditional definition of what that means, is Theo. 

By actor ages, Paulina is 64, Julie is 77, and Doug is 95. 

If I ever have amnesia, just fucking tell me it's 202x and that's my husband. Get on with it. Spit it out. 

Wow Jackee has not aged well!

4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

They had Ally acting like an entitled brat and empty head. And Ciara being same. Now we have Chanel at it. Ron reallllllly sucks at characterization and it’s getting old.

But we're not supposed to see Allie and Ciara that way, only Chanel. So, it's totally new!

3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I get Claire isn't all that happy with what Chanel tried to run but all her side comments when Chanel was pleading her case to Paulina was getting on my nerves. 

Seriously. I guess she was going for fiery but she landed on insufferable.

I think Jackee looks younger than 64 tbh. Like, I'd believe she was 50.

I loved the Rafe/Lucas/Sami scenes. Rafe is at his best in those types of scenes. Now, him and Ava, I will continue to fast forward that thank you.

I couldn't watch the Allie/Tripp/Claire scenes because Allie and Claire had their shoes on the couch and I fucking hate that stupid shit. Sorry, but it drives me so insane and takes me out of a scene every time I see that. Who the fuck puts their dirty ass shoes on a couch/bed?!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would argue the show needs more interesting and rootable young characters. 

Right now all we've got is Theo, Claire, Ciara, Ben, Tripp and Allie...amd they've already all (mostly) bed-hopped.

Bed hopping would've made them more interesting and they don't even have that going for them.

Soaps of yore were way more sexual than they are today. Sure there's Covid but before that soaps are a lot more chaste now than they were 30 years ago.

• Love 2

Tripp looked like he wanted to do some bed hopping yesterday.   First he seemed attracted to Chanel then he looks interested in Claire when she stood up to Chanel.    He will have decide if he would rather be with a girl who tried to kill him a few times or when who dines and dash. 

looking forward to watch today show for Lumi 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rcc said:

I thought Claire did very well standing up to the entitled brat.

Sure, that was good for maybe a minute or two.  But once the argument became something interpersonal between the mother and the daughter, Claire's interruptions didn't make sense.  She was acting like this was a level 10 betrayal by a friend who she only met the girl an hour or two ago.  But oooh....they shared champagne.  I think she was as angry at Chantel as she was at Charlie for raping Allie and that....does not add up.

I like Paulina and I don't mind Chantel---yet; although as always, they lay it on strong with her selfishness and I don't know if they're going to be able to add nuance to her. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Tripp looked like he wanted to do some bed hopping yesterday.   First he seemed attracted to Chanel then he looks interested in Claire when she stood up to Chanel.    He will have decide if he would rather be with a girl who tried to kill him a few times or when who dines and dash. 

looking forward to watch today show for Lumi 

One would think that Tripp would think twice about being around drunk girls the last one accused him of rape but we're supposed to forget that ever happened though....

I think Chanel is a breath of fresh air in that she actually has a pulse which is something the show needs.  I think she has potential to be a layered character unfortunately with Ron she doesn't have much going for her in that department.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Chanel is a breath of fresh air in that she actually has a pulse which is something the show needs.  I think she has potential to be a layered character unfortunately with Ron she doesn't have much going for her in that department.

I think she has potential, too, but man I hope the actress gets some coaching from the veterans. I don't know if she's done anything else, but her first episode scenes were kinda painful to watch. She was a little better today, but she seems really green at this.

Also, this whole "who's the godmother" storyline seems way more important than it needs to be.

I watched yesterday and today back to back, so I'm a little late commenting on Ben and Ciara, but I had to laugh when Ben mentioned having more proof in the form of pictures and wedding invitations, but FIRST proceeded to show her two random books as proof of their true love psychic connection or whatever. Dude, what? 

• Love 4

Guess Tripp and Claire haven't heard about asking for separate bills. They even worked at a restaurant in Horton Square and have seen some stiffing of bills. You don't know this girl or if she even has the money she claims to have. Suckers.

What does Allie do all day? She can't take some online courses to get herself some job skills?

The issue was between her and her mother. Granted, her mother should have informed her that she cut off access to the credit cards. Claire may have been angry at being taken advantage of, but she was partly to blame. And now mama bear has to insist that rich daughter gets a j-o-b. Chanel brings a little life and spirit right now, which the show lacks. Plus checking out Eli.

So Sami thinks she can cancel her confession just like that?

I thought Ava was making some sort of spaghetti sauce. I consider gravy to be gravy. And now Nicole thinks she might be guilty of killing her son? Surely Ava has some non-mob money to find an apartment and give herself some spending money. Perhaps she and Chanel can get jobs together.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I thought Ava was making some sort of spaghetti sauce. I consider gravy to be gravy.

It's an Italian culture thing. They call tomato sauce "gravy."

26 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

I think she has potential, too, but man I hope the actress gets some coaching from the veterans. I don't know if she's done anything else, but her first episode scenes were kinda painful to watch. She was a little better today, but she seems really green at this.

The problem I have is that she seems to be telegraphing a mile away that she's going to try and make a play for Eli, which is a soap staple of course, but girl looks 22 tops and Eli is like mid-30's and it's just ick. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

It's an Italian culture thing. They call tomato sauce "gravy."

The problem I have is that she seems to be telegraphing a mile away that she's going to try and make a play for Eli, which is a soap staple of course, but girl looks 22 tops and Eli is like mid-30's and it's just ick. 

Too bad it couldn't be a Hope/Roman redux in that Chanel crushes on Eli only to find love elsewhere as Hope did with Bo. But this show is so paint by numbers and Ron so damned predictable that I'm guessing [not a spoiler here!] that Chanel will just be the usual home wrecker.

How innovative. /s

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

What does Allie do all day? She can't take some online courses to get herself some job skills?

Allie graduated from college. I don't know what her degree was or what she had study, but she should be doing more than hanging out with Henry in Nicole's apartment. If the Dimera mansion is going to be filled with a bunch of people, Allie and Henry should move in there. Lucas and Kate already live there, and she actually grew up in that house.

Has Sami had any scenes besides Rafe, Lucas, Belle and two seconds with Allie? Has she spoken to her parents yet?

• Love 4

Allie could probably find some sort of part-time job, even if it is working from home. Her world is very small (and we're not only talking Henry), and she may want to talk to some adults for a few hours a week.

• Love 2

Chanel got a few good chuckles out of me.  I loved how she bellowed "Mother!", and as Paulina walked away from her she called out "Mommy" and went chasing after her.  

The way they're writing for Nicole is so disappointing.  I could see if Eric was still in town that she'd be making this feeble attempt at being a Do-Gooder but with the way things are now, I'd rather see some shades of what Nicole used to be.  

If my wishes, hopes and dreams could come true, Ava would enter Charlie's apartment and devise a plan on how to fake his death.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If my wishes, hopes and dreams could come true, Ava would enter Charlie's apartment and devise a plan on how to fake his death.

Me, I'm glad he's dead.  The way I see it [my POV only!], wanting to keep a villain because he's a good actor is how we got freaking Ben The Serial Killer as romantic lead. Sigh. That all said? I wouldn't mind if Charlie had a good (or even gray) twin...

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

This is her first acting job. IMO she was actually quite good for someone with no experience. She was no worse than the new Claire honestly lol.

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'd rather it not be Ava that did this but I'll take what I can get lol.

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Me, I'm glad he's dead.  The way I see it [my POV only!], wanting to keep a villain because he's a good actor is how we got freaking Ben The Serial Killer as romantic lead. Sigh. That all said? I wouldn't mind if Charlie had a good (or even gray) twin...

RSW sucks as an actor though lol. Ben was brought back and made a romantic lead because he's Ron's type physically and Ron cares more about looks than actual talent. 

I do think it might be best to bring MM back as Charlie's twin, but not a good twin lol. I need some bad characters on this show for fuck's sake! Not murderers and rapists but just run-of-the-mill bad girls/boys. There are none now expect Gwen, who they're probably going to redeem (yuck) and I guess Chanel.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Allie graduated from college. I don't know what her degree was or what she had study, but she should be doing more than hanging out with Henry in Nicole's apartment.

I think Allie did a double major in Sulking and Pouting and graduated with honors.

One thing she definitely did NOT study was acting.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The way they're writing for Nicole is so disappointing.  I could see if Eric was still in town that she'd be making this feeble attempt at being a Do-Gooder but with the way things are now, I'd rather see some shades of what Nicole used to be.  

I so agree!  Ever since Eric left Salem so he could annoy the entire continent of Africa it's as if Nicole is studying to get a graduate degree in "Becoming Julie" with a minor in "Marlena Speak".  With all her simpering and rush to judgement as well as coddling that dead fish called Allie I live in daily fear of Nicole showing up on screen wearing one of Marlena's pants suits and trying to steal Doug away from Julie.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

RSW sucks as an actor though lol. Ben was brought back and made a romantic lead because he's Ron's type physically and Ron cares more about looks than actual talent. 

And Deirdre.  Don't forget Ms. Hall.  She advocated quite strongly for RSW/Ben too.  Now, I don't think she alone has the power to do it but DH, plus Ron and Corday never really grasping his show let it happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I also am glad he's dead for this reason but this show will never sell me that he's somehow worse than Ben or others who have done worse and redeemed for far less...

I do think it sucks that this was the best chance Claire got a story of her own that didn't involve Ben/Ciara only to see it destroyed for a forgettable plot point. I mean regardles of how Charlie is dead there are no stakes at all anymore.

• Love 4
On 3/24/2021 at 1:45 PM, Pearson80 said:

I don't understand what is the big deal about being the twins godmother, you don't need to have that title to love a child who is connected to you anyway. I like Paulina so she does not bother me at all.  The hate against her is so interesting to me though.  

Why would anyone make the grandparents/great grandparents the Godmother/Godfather? That is weird. I loved when Paulina said that Julie is no spring chicken.

• Love 7
On 3/25/2021 at 8:17 PM, Frozendiva said:

Lani and Eli should have found some younger folks to be godparents - i.e. ones who can realistically look after the kids if something happened to either of them.

Godparent is different from guardian.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/26/2021 at 10:55 PM, Giuseppe said:

Also, this whole "who's the godmother" storyline seems way more important than it needs to be.

I watched yesterday and today back to back, so I'm a little late commenting on Ben and Ciara, but I had to laugh when Ben mentioned having more proof in the form of pictures and wedding invitations, but FIRST proceeded to show her two random books as proof of their true love psychic connection or whatever. Dude, what? 

Ugh, Chantel character grates & I agree, the actress needs schooling. 
I have never known anyone whose Godparents had one foot in the grave or close to it.  This is nuts. 

3 hours ago, bannana said:

Why would anyone make the grandparents/great grandparents the Godmother/Godfather? That is weird. I loved when Paulina said that Julie is no spring chicken.

It is weird.  
Paulina should not be commenting on peoples ages, especially when said person is aging better than you are. 

• Love 1

My parents divorced when I was little.  His sister and her husband are my godparents.  They could care less about me.   At least Julie and Pauline will love those babies.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

My parents divorced when I was little.  His sister and her husband are my godparents.  They could care less about me.   At least Julie and Pauline will love those babies.  

Their ages don't bother me.  More often than not - at least in my experience - being asked to be a godparent is an expression of love and appreciation often divorced from any idea of who would raise the child in case of need.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, bannana said:

Godparent is different from guardian.

True but in Catholic countries from the Caribbean and Latin America, they are usually the second set of parents in a child's life. I have known people who were taken care of much better by their godparents than their actual parents. 

Even as little kids we used to baptize our dolls before we play with them and we would select godparents from our friends...lol So seeing Julie and Paulina fighting to be godmother reminded me of that..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

True but in Catholic countries from the Caribbean and Latin America, they are usually the second set of parents in a child's life. I have known people who were taken care of much better by their godparents than their actual parents. 

Even as little kids we used to baptize our dolls before we play with them and we would select godparents from our friends...lol So seeing Julie and Paulina fighting to be godmother reminded me of that..

Both Abe and Julie were already honored by Eli and Lani by naming the twins after them. If they had any friends (and no Kristen does not count), they would not have to reuse them to be godparents. Hell even Rafe oould have been asked.

• Love 7
On 3/27/2021 at 9:51 AM, peachmangosteen said:

If Ben looked like Charles Manson or the BTK killer, Ron would never have tried to redeem him.. 

3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Both Abe and Julie were already honored by Eli and Lani by naming the twins after them. If they had any friends (and no Kristen does not count), they would not have to reuse them to be godparents. Hell even Rafe oould have been asked.

Ron could have written in two people to be the godparents for the twins. Perhaps Eli has a cousin from Valerie's side of the family and Lani could have had a friend who lives in another state who comes for the baptism.  Ron could have used that event to test these new characters  with the cast..  Since they are twins, there could be two sets of godparents.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

If Ben looked like Charles Manson or the BTK killer, Ron would never have tried to redeem him.. 

Ron could have written in two people to be the godparents for the twins. Perhaps Eli has a cousin from Valerie's side of the family and Lani could have had a friend who lives in another state who comes for the baptism.  Ron could have used that event to test these new characters  with the cast..  Since they are twins, there could be two sets of godparents.

1. Word on Ben

2. I don't agree with two sets of godparents for twins only because I don't like the idea of twins being intentionally separated from one another.

• Love 3
On 3/28/2021 at 9:17 AM, tribeca said:

Yep. My Godparents could not care less also. Most times it’s a b.s. title. 

• Love 2

Why do we need this long flashback when we just saw it?

Why hasn't Rex told anybody, including his parents, that "Sarah" dumped him?

Philip may be a decorated Marine, but he only has one leg.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Why do we need this long flashback when we just saw it?

Yea really. When they do that I assume that they had a lot of scenes that they had to cut for some reason so they had the fill the time with something.

I liked today's ep. I did fast forward anything having to do with Kristen though so that helped. 

I am very here for Gabi/Phillip and also for Xander going back to being an asshole like he was before they semi-woobified him.

• Love 7

Good: Brady mentioned talking to Maggie

Bad: Maggie apparently not concerned that Sarah has ghosted her

Good: Kate saying that Sarah taking off with Rex made no sense

Bad: Jake offering to have Xander's legs broken. Shut up

Good: Chloe showing empathy for Xander.

Bad: Brady acting like a massive dick about it when his girlfriend/abuser is a million times more criminal than Xander. Also why did she bring that Sarah abduction chest into Marlena's house? I was so distracted by that making no sense I couldn't think about anything else?

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Bad: Brady acting like a massive dick about it when his girlfriend/abuser is a million times more criminal than Xander. Also why did she bring that Sarah abduction chest into Marlena's house? I was so distracted by that making no sense I couldn't think about anything else?

It is like he forgot the various times that Xander was working for  and following orders from Kristen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It is like he forgot the various times that Xander was working for  and following orders from Kristen.

Brady didn't blink an eye when Xander told him Kristen blackmailed him into helping her try to steal Sarah's unborn baby so she could pass it off as his kid. As far as I recall he never mentioned it again except to tell Sarah about it to make Xander look bad, but Kristen got a pass from him as usual

• Love 5
On 3/27/2021 at 9:51 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I hate admitting that Ron and I both seem to share a penchant for dark haired pretty boys with olive skin and abs. LOL. (I tend to like guys that still have chest hair, though.) 

I am surprised he doesn't seem to care about JJ because Casey seems like he'd be his type, but maybe his hair isn't dark enough. 

Out of the current young guys I find Tripp the most attractive, at least physically. 

I keep hoping they cast a hunky brooding dude to play Johnny Dimera, but knowing this show he'll be just as bland and forgettable as his twin sister. 

• Love 5

How lovely they shoehorned in a Maggie mention. How long is it going to take the one brain cell of Salem to figure out that well, this is Salem and Sarah's behaviour (not to mention sudden dumping of Rex - if that ever comes up) is probably due to shenanigans?

I really liked Gabi and Philip. Camila's acting was elevated, I think because she played Gabi much more calmly than her normal Up To 11.

• Love 8

Unless there is a specific reason to have a houseguest stay with you for more than a week or so, it is time for Marlena to tell Susan Banks to find a hotel room or short stay airbnb. Her condo has at least 4 bedrooms? Susan all of a sudden has a big LV type trunk? That appears around the time that Sarah Horton disappeared?  No, a guest cannot stay as long as he or she wants. If it is a condo, you have to get permission for someone to stay for more than X amount of time. And Susan Banks is acting weirder than normal weird.

Xander is still hallucinating Sarah. Too bad we couldn't see her in her new home.

Gabi and Philip make an interesting pair. Couldn't she just ask Harold to put the bloody shirt in the wash?

I don't have a huge ice thing to put on my head if I have a headache. So Rex ran away with Sarah. Hmmmm. What will happen if Kate asks about her and how she is doing? And Rex tells her she dumped him right after? And a mere Maggie mention? What is Victor doing these days?

If I was Susan, I'd be getting myself out of jail as fast as I can. Go to Roger's stinky tour bus. How fun that Brady is coming to visit!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

So Susan is ok with staying in jail for an indeterminate time cause Chloe admitted her feelings? 

Well, Kristen IS a mother, don't you know?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I don't have a huge ice thing to put on my head if I have a headache.

And WHO sits around at home, with a headache, wearing their shoes on their bed?  Shoes on the upholstery drives me crazy.  

3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

How fun that Brady is coming to visit!

Unfortunately, due to his lack of brain cells, Susan could come right out and tell Brady about the switch and he would come home and confide in Marlena that Kristen seemed "different."   Probably, because she misses Rachel so much.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I hate admitting that Ron and I both seem to share a penchant for dark haired pretty boys with olive skin and abs. LOL. (I tend to like guys that still have chest hair, though.) 

I am surprised he doesn't seem to care about JJ because Casey seems like he'd be his type, but maybe his hair isn't dark enough. 

Hmm...Casey was cute but never sexy. Casey also didn't have abs his last few years on the show, and he was a little bloated from his...um...outside the set activities. I don't really see him being Ron's type like Ben or Ford from One Life to Live who both have the, "I work out 8 hours a day and only eat half a cookie a year," look. 

On to the show. I haven't watched in a week or two, so I'm happy to get back to it.

First, the tea glasses Chloe and Brady were drinking from were so cute. Does anyone know where the show got those from? I would love them for my home.

I actually appreciated the extended flashback of the Kristen/Sarah scenes. I saw when Sarah found Kristen/Susan, but I had to miss those episodes. The flashback gave me a quick catch-up on why the trunk was significant. I did think it was odd the show didn't have more near-misses with Marlena. Usually the show will have the Marlena character talk about wanting to help her unpack, etc., to play out the, "Will she discover a woman is in this trunk" drama. Missed opportunity. 

Philip/Gabi were an unexpected pair. I spent the entire time gauging what I thought of them. Overall, I don't think they worked for me. Philip just feels too mature for Gabi, and he still doesn't seem comfortable in the role. Maybe nostalgia is playing with my memories, but I remember loving Philip and wanting JKJ back in the role. He is just not doing it for me this go round - unless he's in scenes with Brady or Chloe which the show seems to have moved him out of that storyline. I'm honestly not trying to be mean, but the actor looks his age, and seeing him with someone who was still a teen when he was in his mid/late 20s is just not a good look for him. I kept thinking of his pairing with Melanie and how much I hated that, and he was significantly younger then. Is there a reason the show refuses to put him with Chloe? Philip, while a scoundrel, isn't a Victor type character. It doesn't make sense to put him with a woman who had a child with his nephew.

Brady/Chloe were nice as they've been for a while. Something about Chloe's hair looked so healthy and shiny in this episode. I honestly couldn't take my eyes off her hair. However, they seem to be in the exact same place they were when I stopped watching about 2 weeks ago. I also disagreed with Chloe's characterization in this episode. I mean Nicole is one of her best friends and her and Mimi actually became friends before the recent retcon of their history. Chloe and Kate even shared a rather sweet scene together the last time Lucas/Chloe broke up. Chloe's been overly forgiving for a while now.

With the exception of Sarah being literally shipped off canvas, it doesn't seem like I missed much.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Casey also didn't have abs his last few years on the show, and he was a little bloated from his...um...outside the set activities.

Oh wow, tea please lol!

First, the tea glasses Chloe and Brady were drinking from were so cute. 

I loved those, too. They were so odd and unique.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh wow, tea please lol!

Haha! A few years ago it was rumored Casey had a drinking problem hence his weight gain. He was arrested at the time for disorderly conduct and public intoxication. While I can't speak for certain about whether he does or doesn't have or had a drinking problem, I remember posting about it on this board at the time, and people were quite upset. That's why I decided to be a tad more diplomatic in my comment this time. lol

• Useful 2
  • Love 2