Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Wow, another good episode. If we get a whole week of entertainment, I'm gonna be a little concerned lol.

I actually thought RSW was probably the best he's been since he returned today. I'm very confused though, how can we be meant to be rooting for Ben at this point? 

I continue to love the hell outta Gabi/Phillip. I'm actually even warming to Kate/Jake. Sigh, it's gonna suck when they put Jake and Gabi back together.

Sami and Lucas together will never not entertain me lol. This whole thing is so stupid, but they make it work imo.

• Love 6

Kate helped Ben? For me, that's like the final nail in the coffin for the character and she's my fave.

Kate can poison, frame, blackmail and act as smug as anything, but that? That is unforgivable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Oh Ben. BEN WESTON. Lunging at Ciara with the syringe after she told you to back off? Dude. Can this please, please, please be the end of CIN already?

He is only assaulting her out of love.  Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TV

AND HE'S A MOTHER!!! (oh wait, wrong lame excuse).

Yeah.  Yet somehow Theo's the "bad guy" because he has feelings.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I swear its bizarro world. I thought for sure I would see people changing their tune after today. Nope. 

I gotta say it was so emotional and romantic when Ben tried for a second time to jab his beloved Ciara even after he already scared the hell out of her. My heart was all a flutter.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Damian said:

Kate helped Ben? For me, that's like the final nail in the coffin for the character and she's my fave.

Kate can poison, frame, blackmail and act as smug as anything, but that? That is unforgivable.

After what he did to Will?  No way, not even with Will being Ben's patsy-I -mean -friend and Ben being Marlena's new boy toy.  No way.  Bad writing.  And enough with moron Jake and his bro Ben cheerleading too.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I swear its bizarro world. I thought for sure I would see people changing their tune after today.

I can't wait for Marlena to justify his choices. 

I mean Ben already said it was better when Ciara was dead than it is with her alive and not remembering him.

• Love 7

Is it me, or is a Chloe acting like a home-wrecker? Yes, the audience knows that Kristen is up to no good, but Brady and Chloe don’t. I think it makes Chloe look bad to go hard after a taken man. It sucks because I really want Broe, but not like this. Brady cheating and Chloe encouraging him to do so would make them look bad.

4 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Is it me, or is a Chloe acting like a home-wrecker? Yes, the audience knows that Kristen is up to no good, but Brady and Chloe don’t. I think it makes Chloe look bad to go hard after a taken man. It sucks because I really want Broe, but not like this. Brady cheating and Chloe encouraging him to do so would make them look bad.

It's like Nicole said, Kristen will always revert to her true nature. Chloe believes that too. Let's not forget that Rachel only exists because Kristen was using Nicole's face to manipulate dumb Brady into bed. Both these girls want to save him from his stupid self

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

It's like Nicole said, Kristen will always revert to her true nature. Chloe believes that too. Let's not forget that Rachel only exists because Kristen was using Nicole's face to manipulate dumb Brady into bed. Both these girls want to save him from his stupid self

Right, but Chloe doesn’t need to make a move on him until he’s a free man. It reminds me of how Theresa kept begging Brady to make love to her, even though he was in a relationship with Eve. It’s not a good look.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

The ladies need to burn the cape, Brady is a lost cause,  I mean he had a child with Kristen and that should tell you all you need to know.. Burn the cape ladies!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Chloe should just make herself a Kristen mask.  Hell, the whole town should start wearing Kristen masks.  I'd love to see Ben and Ciara carrying on with their craziness in matching Kristen masks, Abe and Paulina and Julie, Justin losing another case in  a Kristen mask, Xander in a kilt in  a Kristen mask, even the blanket babies in matching teeny, tiny Kristen masks - even Kristen in  a Kristen mask.  

It sure wouldn't make things any loonier than they are now.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

This is a minor point, but didn't they miss a beat with Ciara and Justin? Wouldn't she either not know, or have just learned, that Adrienne died? I was waiting for her to offer condolences when she asked about his kids. 

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, ajs1615 said:

This is a minor point, but didn't they miss a beat with Ciara and Justin? Wouldn't she either not know, or have just learned, that Adrienne died? I was waiting for her to offer condolences when she asked about his kids. 

I was wondering the same thing.  Also, Caroline.....was she dead before Ciara took off on the bike or was the character in California with Kim?  

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Eh.  Kristen is in jail so it's hard for me to really see that Brady and Kristen have a home to break.  Technically, they're still together but only because Brady is too stupid to realize he needs to break up.  Or won't pull the trigger on it. 

I think they were drifting apart even before Chloe showed up. 

22 minutes ago, ajs1615 said:

Wouldn't she either not know, or have just learned, that Adrienne died? I was waiting for her to offer condolences when she asked about his kids. 

Adrienne died during the time jump which happened in Nov. of 2019.  Ciara "died" in Nov. 2020.  Air date time. Not Salem time. Basically, a whole year later. Hope was Gina during the year long time jump but was back to Hope when Ciara died. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

Salem needs a new DiMera App - I have no idea why Sami couldn't just text a bunch of people that Susan is really Kristen and that the jig is up. Send her back to prison. Or make a point to lunge at her at some point and pull off the wig and the fake teeth. I wouldn't be plotting at all and just pretend to do so. Tell Brady and Chloe so everyone is on it. But then again, the trunk may still exist and Sarah may have company on the DiMera island. Hope she is not living in a grass hut.

A lot of history was mentioned - Pocket, Gabi's schemes, etc. Yeah, Jake, sure you don't want Gabi.

Dr. Rolf's serum is now almost CDC approved? No Ben, you don't just inject your amnesiac wife. But it plays in to Theo and his second chance for a temporary reunion with Ciara.

Nicole is right in that Kristen will go back to her ways. If I was Chloe I would avoid running in to Susan Banks. Her stay as a houseguest is long over. Time to move on and join her Roger on tour.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Adrienne died during the time jump which happened in Nov. of 2019.  Ciara "died" in Nov. 2020.  Air date time. Not Salem time. Basically, a whole year later. Hope was Gina during the year long time jump but was back to Hope when Ciara died. 

But I thought she only remembered things up to the date where she crashed her motorcycle.  That was a lot earlier than last November, wasn't it?  She seems not to remember anything about Ben at all.  When Marlena hypnotized her she did get the memory back of Claire burning the cabin but that seemed to be it.  Right?  Or have I ff'd more than I thought?

ETA - Ciara crashed her motorcyle and was rescued by Ben air date June 5 2018.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yeah. But Ciara thinks it’s 3 years ago hence why she’s bitching about Claire playing tonsil hockey w her bf Tripp and believes it’s before she even became friends w Ben. So actually that poster is correct. She’d believe Adrienne is still alive because TJ happened way after that shit

Edited by Petunia13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Eh.  Kristen is in jail so it's hard for me to really see that Brady and Kristen have a home to break.  Technically, they're still together but only because Brady is too stupid to realize he needs to break up.  Or won't pull the trigger on it. 

Here is the thing about Brady. He first got involved with her despite knowing her terrible history with his father and Marlena.

He leaves her when he finds out that she faked a mugging to get his sympathy.

She rapes Eric and records it with the intention of embarrassing Marlena but backs off when Brady chooses to go back to her.

Brady goes on a cycle of destructive behavior with addictions and getting involved with Theresa, Melanie, Nicole and Eve.

Kristen steals the unborn fetus out of Theresa and gives birth to Tate.

After being presumed dead, Kristen returns to Salem where she had kidnapped/drugged Sami and was going to shoot a bunch of people at Marlena's and John's 500th wedding. She kidnapped his sister Belle (or was it Claire) and causes his brother Paul to be paralyzed.

And what does Brady do? He sleeps with her when he was in a committed relationship with Eve.

Next time Kristen shows up, she is dressed up as Nicole and once again gets Brady to sleep with her and this time she ends up pregnant. In a few months, he is proclaiming that motherhood has changed her and he is all in love with her again.

After thinking their baby dies and that finding out she was switched, Kristen stabs his 80+ year old grandfather and Brady takes the blame for her. He eventually goes on the run with her and still does not blame her for the crimes that she committed. 

Right now Kristen is in prison and doesn't want to see him, so of course he is feeling lonely. But the second, he realizes that Kristen is pretending to be Susan, he is going to forget about Chloe's declaration because he is codependent tied to Kristen and nothing is going to end that relationship except maybe death.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

AND HE'S A MOTHER!!! (oh wait, wrong lame excuse).

So I just finished watching Ghost, see...and I'm literally a mess right now, and then you go and put together a post like that...and suddenly I'm laughing like an idiot.

THANK YOU. 🙏

The humor of this group sustains me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, boes said:

But I thought she only remembered things up to the date where she crashed her motorcycle.  That was a lot earlier than last November, wasn't it?  She seems not to remember anything about Ben at all.  When Marlena hypnotized her she did get the memory back of Claire burning the cabin but that seemed to be it.  Right?  Or have I ff'd more than I thought?

ETA - Ciara crashed her motorcyle and was rescued by Ben air date June 5 2018.

22 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah. But Ciara thinks it’s 3 years ago hence why she’s bitching about Claire playing tonsil hockey w her bf Tripp and believes it’s before she even became friends w Ben. So actually that poster is correct. She’d believe Adrienne is still alive because TJ happened way after that shit

Thanks guys.  I forgot about the amnesia. 

So maybe no one has told her about Adrienne and she still doesn't know.  Or maybe she just assumed she had already given condolences.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, boes said:

Chloe should just make herself a Kristen mask.  Hell, the whole town should start wearing Kristen masks.  I'd love to see Ben and Ciara carrying on with their craziness in matching Kristen masks, Abe and Paulina and Julie, Justin losing another case in  a Kristen mask, Xander in a kilt in  a Kristen mask, even the blanket babies in matching teeny, tiny Kristen masks - even Kristen in  a Kristen mask.  

It sure wouldn't make things any loonier than they are now.

Oh my gooood....ohmygodohmygod. I'm going to lose baddler control.

Just a whole episode of Stacys making out with herself. And injecting herself. And slapping herself.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 7

Wow. What an epic love story Cin is. Who wouldn't swoon at a guy being willing to go against the love of his life's consent and try to literally forcefully jam a needle in her arm? Seriously, when he went to lunge at her that was scary (and a little hilarious.) The lack of consent and attempted physical assault is bad enough, but Ben just comes off as epically selfish because there is no rush here. As much as I hate Cin, I can objectively admit that having the love of your life being disgusted by you has to be painful, but there is no real reason that Ben can't just wait this out. Jack and Will eventually got their memories back. Other than to alleviate his own pain, there is no reason to rush and go against the supposed love of his life's emotional needs to give her an experimental drug. And, despite Jake's years and years of pharmaceutical expertise, just because he and Kate didn't experience side effects doesn't mean it's safe to give anybody.

Sami and Lucas are great fun together!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Cheating isn't the best look, but sometimes it depends on the circumstances. I think Brady and Chloe have done worse, and given she's trying to steal Brady from a psychopath, she still doesn't look worse than Kristen. 

• Love 4

Is that how it’s gonna be w this dirtbag? So if they get in a big fight I’ve kids or money and she locks herself in the bathroom he’ll just kick the door down? Or if she goes for a drive to be alone drag her back by force?

and btw drugging a woman who rejected you to get her to like you is horrible optics. 

@boes the Salem of everyone as Kristen you mentioned reminded me of Rick ans Morty.  There were episodes where they was a dimension of everyone being a version of Morty and one of a planet full of versions of Rick. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I keep hoping for a scene where Gwen is by herself and she monologues about how happy she is she's pregnant with Chad's baby because it means Abigail will suffer. But I too am afraid this remorseful act is real and that they've already ruined Gwen. Sigh, let me have my bad girl for fuck's sake!

I'm worried, too.  There have been a number of scenes where someone came at Gwen with a verbal attack and she smacked them down while not even breaking a sweat.  I love how she can be so cool under pressure, and I'm not at all happy that she's letting Abigail win a round of verbal smack down.  I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the monologue you speak of is just around the corner.  

If they insist on dragging out this stupid story of Kristin pretending to be Susan to protect Brady from the E-VOL Chloe Lane, at least I care enough about Sami and Lucas to be somewhat entertained.  But how long will it take Lucas to get Chloe to fall in love with him?  Can May Sweeps be long enough?  

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

At first I thought that was Isabel Durant but then realized it's a great example of someone who's perfected the art of Crocodile Tears.  May she never be invited back again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'm worried, too.  There have been a number of scenes where someone came at Gwen with a verbal attack and she smacked them down while not even breaking a sweat.  I love how she can be so cool under pressure, and I'm not at all happy that she's letting Abigail win a round of verbal smack down.  I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the monologue you speak of is just around the corner.  

I'm not sure how someone being remorseful for things they should be remorseful for is a bad thing. Given what she did to Abigail, I'm fine with her losing verbal smackdowns. I'm sure Gwen will be back to being a selfish bitca any day now. Even "bad girls" should be written as humans with the capability of feeling bad for the bad things they do, otherwise they're not just "bad girls" (or guys) and just villains - and even villains shouldn't be cartoon-like without layers.

• Love 7

She is clearly never going to have an abortion even though there would be a lot of logic behind that choice.  She never planned or wanted to get pregnant.  She just wanted a revenge fuck.

But it looks like they're going to take a "oh my child" route with the way she was holding her stomach yesterday in the wonderment of her pregnancy. 

I think it would have been so much better if she initially was going to have an abortion.  Then she'd get into a verbal sparring match with Abigail and decide to keep the baby out of spite.  A revenge baby.  It wouldn't be a complete 180 on her character.  She could grow as a character who eventually has real feelings for her child but I could also see a complex relationship developing once her kid realizes he/she is a child of spite.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8

Best exchange of the day:

Lucas:  You against Susan Banks is like Bugs Bunny against Voldemort.

Sami:  Oh, thanks. 

Yup, only Sami would see that as the compliment it is.  These two just get better and better together.  Also loved Lucas with Kate today - the facial expressions alone were gold.

• Love 10

Unpopular opinion but I didn't have a problem with Ben trying to inject Ciara. One, I barely care. Two, it seems perfectly in character for him, he's given consistent motivations for his intentions, and Ciara detailed all the reasons why this was a terrible thing to do. In the grand scheme of things, I've witnessed much worse. I actually disliked how the Ciara actress screamed all her lines, and I'm not liking this Theo. I've not liked any Theo. I also don't believe Theo could so easily retain Ben who looks a little taller and a little more built. Overall, I just didn't care too much.

Sami's plan is for Lucas to seduce Chloe? Sami used to come up with better plans to break people up. Also, has Chloe ever loved Lucas in the show's canon? Their first relationship/marriage, she only hooked up with him because Philip rejected her and then she almost immediately started having an affair with Dan. She only stayed with Lucas because he fell off the wagon when he discovered the affair and almost died in an explosion caused by his drunken rage. While I remember her feeling guilty for her actions, I don't remember her ever pining for him after the breakup. In their second relationship, they barely got any screen time, and when they broke up,  Julie told Chloe everyone knew their relationship had a quickly approaching expiration date, and Chloe knew in her heart that Lucas was not her forever love. Both times, Chloe ended up with Lucas because he was there not because she loved him. He loved her. This plan seems like it would hurt Lucas a hell of a lot more than it would hurt Chloe.

I liked Nicole/Brady. Get Nicole away from Ava and Rafe. She is more lively away from them and she styles herself better. Everything she said about Kristen was right.

Going back to Sami, this Kristen/Sami storyline is odd. I hate when writers acknowledge the flaws in their writing but then refuse to address them. Kristen has a hell of a lot more to lose here than Sami. I'm not even sure why Sami is so concerned. Sami/EJ have survived adultery, a shooting in the head, dead baby lies, kidnapping each other's daugther, family members attempting to kill each other, multiple rapes between them and family members, and even a presumed death. Sami sleeping with Lucas will result in the two attempting to destroy each other for 6 months and then getting back together as they usually do.

One last thing. I literally forgot Philip/Gabi were in the episode. One, I always love a Nick Fallon mention. Nick/Gabi forever! Two, Pocket still exists. I wonder if that means we can expect a hunky 20 something this summer. Three, did anyone else wonder if they skipped most of Philip's part of the trip down history lane because he doesn't have a history worth discussing? I love Philip, but I honestly had to wonder what they would include. Him losing out to Shawn roughly 3,000 times over Belle? His horrific marriage to Melanie - and didn't she write a love letter to Nathan Horton on their wedding day telling him she'll leave Philip at the alter for him? His missing leg that magically grew back?  Him pretending to be the father of Chloe's unborn child only for us to discover Chloe wasn't even the mother?

Gabi reminiscing about that stupid pacemaker storyline. It was stupid then, and it's stupid now. I really dislike who the Gabi character became. She used to be one of my favorites.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 7

I am not entirely joking when I say that I'm calling this: (completely unspoiled speculation) Jan killed Charlie.

Jan killing the guy who almost attacked Shawn's daughter? In her eyes, that would make her a saviour of Claire, and Shawn would obviously fall in love with her for that.

I'm guessing "person in hooded red coat" is not who they are alluding to.

Also, Claire? S.T.F.U. "You're a psycho Jan... let me tell you everything!" I literally was yelling at my TV for her to shut up every time she opened her mouth. God, she's gullible. 

• Love 4

Why doesn't Sami just tell the cops that Kristen is pretending to be Susan, and if Kristen tries to say that Sami slept with Lucas, Sami can just say that Kristen's lying to protect herself.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The ladies need to burn the cape, Brady is a lost cause,  I mean he had a child with Kristen and that should tell you all you need to know.. Burn the cape ladies!

To be fair to moron Brady, he thought he was having sex with Nicole when he inexplicably impregnated his 70 year  old former stepmother 

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

To be fair to moron Brady, he thought he was having sex with Nicole when he inexplicably impregnated his 70 year  old former stepmother 

I hate it when that happens.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Not days related but I don’t know where to post the question. I see there was an update on the site now that I’ve come back to it I see my personalized page with the shows that I picked is gone and I only have every single show listed😳 did this happen to anyone else?

This show always tries to imply that the police commissioner reports to the DA.

If they've already done forensics on the button, are there no fingerprints?

Yeah, it's pretty clear that Jan killed Charlie.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm choosing to forgive you for using a Ratcole gif.

15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think it would have been so much better if she initially was going to have an abortion.  Then got into a verbal sparring match with Abigail and decided to keep the baby out of spite.  A revenge baby.  It wouldn't be a complete 180 on her character.  She could grow as a character who eventually has real feelings for her child but I could also see a complex relationship developing once her kid realizes he/she is a child of spite.

This would have been fantastic. Sigh.

OK so, they only managed 4 good eps this week, but that's pretty good for them!

And yea, Jan totally killed Charlie. So, she somehow came out of her coma weeks ago but fooled the hospital staff that she was still in it and managed to sneak out of the hospital with no one noticing. I mean, I guess in the grand scheme of illogical shit this show does, it's really not that bad lol.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm choosing to forgive you for using a Ratcole gif.

I have no idea who that is.  I was just worried when I selected her that she was a political figure or something.  Whew.  It sounds as if she isn't.

And I'll choose to forgive you for quoting me right as I was editing my bad grammar--thus preserving it for all the world to see. ;)

Today was dreadfully dull, wasn't it?  I like Tripp but Allie is such a drip. Hey, that'll be their couple name Dripp. 

What is this show's obsession with vomit?  First Gwen throws up on Abigail and then Henry upchucks on Tripp's shoulder and we get to see it.  And there's nothing really sexy about taking his shirt off in the middle of a restaurant. 

Then, of all things Tripp is picking up--chowder?  I'm sure the writer of the ep felt that was clever but yuck.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And there's nothing really sexy about taking his shirt off in the middle of a restaurant. 

That was so strange. Like, who starts taking someone's shirt off in a restaurant lol? It also sorta seemed to me like maybe Tripp was supposed to have an undershirt on and he didn't for some reason. So weird.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, drtslim said:

I hate rape too.

If he can't tell the difference between 2 people that he's had sex with because one of them is wearing a mask, I'd say he didn't care that much. It shouldn't be that hard.

• Love 3

I mean, Brady is stupid as hell for sure, but in the show it seems clear to me we're just supposed to think the mask has the ability to make you seem exactly like the person you're pretending to be. But, at the same time, we're not supposed to think Kristen raped Brady. So, none of it makes sense lol.

• Love 8

I really like Jan and the actress... which means that I hope she's gone soon because we don't need another iconic crazy with diminishing returns. How cool would it be though if they actually wrote for someone who missed the last 15 years (or whatever)? "There's a South Sudan?!"

And yeah, she probably killed Charlie and will most likely be put in to a coma after that's revealed. Just like Vivian burying people and Kristen shoving things in her womb and Ben's abhorrent behaviour being brushed under the carpet. *sigh* Oh, well.

• Love 3

I can’t stand Jan after everything she did with raping Shawn, kidnapping Belle and trying to marry Shawn, etc. But what irks me the most is Claire’s gullibility when it comes to Jan. She should have ripped her head off and walked away instead of getting sucked into Jan’s pity party.

• Love 6

One does not remove one's shirt at any restaurant. Roman, knowing Tripp, could have made an offer to lend him a swag type tshirt advertising the pub and washed his shirt and told him to come back for it the next day.

At almost 8 months old, Henry the Blanket should be a bit more active. The upchuck was not that cute. Babies do throw up but really? To make Tripp and the Dripp a meet-cute couple rom-com? Barf. Oh right, that already happened today.

Rafe has a whiteboard with suspects on it? Shouldn't forensics have come up with more evidence from the crime scene? I get Trask is looking for the murder to be solved. And we see the magic button again.

John has to go to Doc's office to be hypnotized? She just couldn't lock the bedroom door? He remembers a red coat and a hood? Little Red Riding Hood killer?

Claire, you are so easily manipulated by Jan Spears. And she seems really keen on how long she was in a coma, what she missed, and Belle's coat.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Jan killing the guy who almost attacked Shawn's daughter? In her eyes, that would make her a saviour of Claire, and Shawn would obviously fall in love with her for that.

I hate the idea of Jan "magically" waking up from her coma to go kill Charlie but your logic makes sense to me in the way that things operate in Salem, USA.  I suppose if Jan can set up Belle for killing Charlie, and Belle gets sent to The Statesville Country Club, all the better for Jan.  That would also explain why the missing button seems like a non-issue to Belle but not why Martha Madison played some of the scenes with Shawn with hints of guilt.  

I wish they'd have played this Murder Mystery a little more straight-forward than trying to outsmart the audience.  We're so far beyond Those Writers being able to outsmart the audience at this point.  

5 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

But what irks me the most is Claire’s gullibility when it comes to Jan. She should have ripped her head off and walked away instead of getting sucked into Jan’s pity party.

Part of the problem is that Isabel Durant doesn't portray Claire as if she's still burdened by her past actions driven by her mental illness.  She says the words but she doesn't embody them.  Claire being sucked into the vortex of Jan Spears actually does make sense if the actress portrayed her as someone who feels like she's an outcast of sorts.  

Gosh, I totally missed the baby vomit and Tripp taking his shirt off.  I must have been more bored with the Tripp and Allie scenes than I thought.  And I'm not even an Allie-hater.  

• Love 8

Allie and Tripp admit that they're boring. Yet again, Ron realizes the flaws of his writing. Yet again, he does nothing to address them. Yawn.

Why is the show acting like Allie is some young mother with little options, no family support, and limited financial means? It was odd that on one hand - the show gives Allie dialogue about not being able to look for work because she has a small child to take care of and Tripp so wondrously steps in to offer free babysitting for this obviously struggling young woman. On the other hand, the show also has Allie talking about moving to London - one of the most expensive cities in the world - as if it was some easy endeavor like she was simply moving two towns over. And hell, even moving two towns over can be financially devastating and inconceivable for a struggling young person. How can the same conversation imagine a character as two decisions away from the food bank and also acknowledge her tremendous wealth and privilege and viable options.

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Part of the problem is that Isabel Durant doesn't portray Claire as if she's still burdened by her past actions driven by her mental illness.  She says the words but she doesn't embody them.  Claire being sucked into the vortex of Jan Spears actually does make sense if the actress portrayed her as someone who feels like she's an outcast of sorts.  

I completely agree with everything you said. That being said, the Jan Spears actress is so good, and I do think ID plays her Claire with such a strong gullible core that I still understand why Claire is sucked in. I doubt this is intentional, but her Claire is pretty isolated. She has consistently been number 2 to Ciara, and even her mental illness and pyromania centered Ciara. Most conversations she has are about Ciara even when Ciara was "dead." Allie seems to be the only person around her age in her life that she has a connection to that is not somehow based on Ciara - especially since Charlie is dead. But then that relationship was impacted by his connection to Allie - her other first cousin. I could see her Claire getting suckered into Jan's manipulations. The actress plays everything so sincerely, and she seems to be looking deep into who Claire is without placing her second. Hell, in yesterday's episode, did Jan even mention Shawn? We the audience know everything Jan does regarding Claire is because of her obsession with Shawn, but Jan actually does an amazing job hiding that from Claire. 

I used a lot of words to say that Jan is easily my favorite part of every episode she's in. I'm shocked the actress hasn't gotten more work. I think I'll watch her in anything.

• Love 7

I have to agree about Claire and its not ID"s fault I just think the show doesn't want to write anything character driven about Claire as if she's a totally different person now(recast aside she is).

I think ORK's Claire was way more memorable to me and fit with the cast better than ID does. I can't imagine her version of Claire ever remotely liking Jan given  how much she loves her dad or being as gullible either.

As awful as Jan is I do think she likes Claire because she's a part of Shawn but she also see Claire as a means to an end at the same time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

Why is the show acting like Allie is some young mother with little options, no family support, and limited financial means? It was odd that on one hand - the show gives Allie dialogue about not being able to look for work because she has a small child to take care of and Tripp so wondrously steps in to offer free babysitting for this obviously struggling young woman.

I also like how they talk about how finding childcare is tricky when it comes to going on an interview when she has Roman, Rafe, Sami, Lucas and she lives with Nicole--anyone could step in for an hour or two during an interview and has a much freer schedule than Tripp who is likely working a lot of hours in his residency/final years of med school. 

But no one talked about who'd watch Henry if she actually got a job.  that's the trickier and more expensive prospect.

• Love 5