Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

If Ron had any talent as a writer, he would have written Steve and Kayla into this storyline

He did write them into the story via Jack talking about his relationship with Steve but due to contracts or COVID, Jack isn't in the same bubble/story as Steve and Kayla who are with Tripp.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

He did write them into the story via Jack talking about his relationship with Steve but due to contracts or COVID, Jack isn't in the same bubble/story as Steve and Kayla who are with Tripp.

I understand the precautions surrounding Covid but Steve and Kayla should be having scenes with Abigail, especially Steve.  Does Jack over identity with Gwen because he sees himself in her. Is that why he is pushing Abigail to forgive Gwen?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Marlena’s a bitch and her priorities are all fucked up. 

She left John in the middle of a crisis to go help Ben and Ciara.

• Love 3

So much Lumi chemistry.

Kayla should have told Rafe that he could come in, but not the woman who tried to kill her.

"We're not going to yell here in the hospital, let's go to the pub and yell there."

Um, Rafe, you want to talk about how you lied about Hope shooting Stefano?

Wouldn't that thing Belle and Jan signed need witnesses?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, RedElf said:

So much Lumi chemistry.

Off the charts!

I can't at Ava telling a room full of people she thinks Tripp killed Charlie. This bitch lol. I liked that Tripp was so forgiving and understanding of people believing he raped Allie but for fuck's sake he needs to grow a spine and realize his mom is a piece of shit.

I enjoyed this episode. I've realized I can usually enjoy something about all the stories except the ones that involve Ben. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Off the charts!

I can't at Ava telling a room full of people she thinks Tripp killed Charlie. This bitch lol. I liked that Tripp was so forgiving and understanding of people believing he raped Allie but for fuck's sake he needs to grow a spine and realize his mom is a piece of shit.

I enjoyed this episode. I've realized I can usually enjoy something about all the stories except the ones that involve Ben. 

While I get they are trying to build up Rafe/Ava, and trying to redeem her, Ava just telling Rafe about Tripp felt unearned and way too early. She barely knows him, and as she's told everyone, she's done everything to be reunited with Tripp. You would think she'd at least have a conversation with him to find out what happened, before telling the police commissioner that she thinks he killed Charlie and that she'd maybe she'd give him a heads up about it. 

While I mostly get Rafe's frustrations, it's not like Tripp actively lied to the police. He was never even questioned about it. He's not necessarily obliged to volunteer information to them, especially if they can't do their job and properly round up the many suspects and question them.

Lumi was so great! It's so weird because, generally speaking, I can take or leave Sami - when I'm not infuriated by her - but I adore those two together.

• Love 3

It almost felt like Ava was framing Tripp and she really did it.  
I liked Rafe saying here we go again lol   

so that’s Belles button in evidence that the police have been ignoring. Is she protecting John ? Or is she guilty. So she was willing for Sami to go to prison.  Interesting 

Always love Lumi 

• Love 4

I personally don't care for Lumi(I don't like EJ/Sami either) I just hate Sami in general especially in a pairing.

The only good thing about this is that Lucas is getting airtime I just wish the show cared about him beyond Sami(although they barely care about him with Sami).

Maybe Kate being upset over this might make her watchable again.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, tribeca said:

so that’s Belles button in evidence that the police have been ignoring. Is she protecting John ? Or is she guilty. So she was willing for Sami to go to prison.  Interesting 

I know ReRon has already gone down the DID route, but the way Belle seemed so genuinely confused about what happened to the button, made me wonder if it's possible that Claire took her mother's jacket - DID or another psychotic break - and killed Charlie and doesn't remember it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Lumi was so great! It's so weird because, generally speaking, I can take or leave Sami - when I'm not infuriated by her - but I adore those two together.

I hated JER but Lumi was the best thing to come out of his era.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I hated JER but Lumi was the best thing to come out of his era.   

The best thing for me in JER years was Sami. I didn't care what she did, I just adored her. My favorite character on this silly show.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 5

I did notice Belle's button in the evidence bag. It's easy to lose a button or earring. You don't notice it. Maybe she caught John and covered up for him. Which would be silly as with his brain condition, he most likely would be facing minimal charges, if any at all. Perhaps Claire did borrow her mom's coat.

Jan would sign that document so quickly?

So Ava was willing to sell her golden boy to the cops as a suspect for her non-golden boy son? Couldn't she have talked to him first? Tripp comes off as far too decent. Maybe he needs to look at his mom with non-rose coloured glasses and see her as the very flawed woman he never really knew. And no, Rafe, Tripp wasn't considered a suspect once Sami gave her 'confession'.

Kayla was very generous to invite Allie for tea to wait for Tripp. Hopefully now he can finish his med school and become a doctor and maybe find a great city to live away from family.

I don't really feel sorry for Sami that EJ doesn't seem to want her around. She has been nothing more than his nurse for a while. Perhaps it is not the best idea to get involved with her ex - Lucas.

• Love 3
On 4/9/2021 at 12:16 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I so wish it were Kate Mansi though. She's the one with fangs...

But that's the only frequency Mansi can operate at.  Bitch-mode.  The story of Gwen-vs-Abigail is more interesting to me when Miller's Abigail is being tempted to behave against her better judgement.  Mansi doesn't have the capacity to exude any kind of inner turmoil.  

13 hours ago, tribeca said:

I find Abbys spinning out of control very sad.  She is letting her grief and anger take over and it obvious she needs help.  IMO The actor playing Abby is doing a wonderful job with this.

My thoughts exactly.  

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

but for fuck's sake he needs to grow a spine and realize his mom is a piece of shit.

I actually like that he's in this kind of denial about what she's capable of.  There's a tragic element to it, at least for me.  

6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She barely knows him, and as she's told everyone, she's done everything to be reunited with Tripp. You would think she'd at least have a conversation with him to find out what happened, before telling the police commissioner that she thinks he killed Charlie and that she'd maybe she'd give him a heads up about it. 

It's another example of how stupid this Murder Mystery is.  Tripp being Ava's Everything before Charlie was murdered has almost fallen by the wayside so they can have these Plot Point Dictated Moments.  

EJ dealing with the physical and emotional ramifications of being brought back from the dead sounded like a better story than most of the current ones but that's probably because we aren't watching it play out on screen.  Jack's return from the dead being a prime example of how stupid it would likely be.  

• Love 8

While Tripp isn't a fave of most viewers even I think he can do better than Allie. The actors have chemistry but Tripp should run for the hills everytime he's around Allie. I know that's unpopular but I like him more than her.

• Love 3

Wasn't there a red herring scene a while back where ALL of the women were wearing red coats, including Ava and Nicole? People commented because they don't usually wear coats, plus it was an obvious sign of things to come - and here they are.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I don't really feel sorry for Sami that EJ doesn't seem to want her around. She has been nothing more than his nurse for a while. Perhaps it is not the best idea to get involved with her ex - Lucas.

He is more than an ex though.  She has had the best moments and worst moments of her life with Lucas by her side.  Whether they loved each other or hated each other.  Their bond was always there.  They share 2 children and 2 grandchildren, so they will always be a part of each other.  As a Lumi fan, I am not expecting them to go off  into the sunset together because it is too late for that so I will take the  little crumbs that Ron will give me.. It may be an unpopular opinion on here and I have no problem sitting alone at the Lumi table.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

It may be an unpopular opinion on here and I have no problem sitting alone at the Lumi table.

I don't think it's unpopular.  I think there's a lot of Lumi love in the fan base because TPTB, probably unintentionally, have developed that connection over 30 years.  Same actors.  They understand one another better than anyone else.  Even when they're at odds with one another, deep down, you just know they'll have one each other's backs if things were to truly get terrible.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

While Tripp isn't a fave of most viewers even I think he can do better than Allie. The actors have chemistry but Tripp should run for the hills everytime he's around Allie. I know that's unpopular but I like him more than her.

Oh, I do too.  She's such a drudge and brings everyone around her down too.

Tripp is being a little dumb right now but he should be smart enough to keep a distance from the person who tried to ruin his life on a hunch.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think it's unpopular.  I think there's a lot of Lumi love in the fan base because TPTB, probably unintentionally, have developed that connection over 30 years.  Same actors.  They understand one another better than anyone else.  Even when they're at odds with one another, deep down, you just know they'll have one each other's backs if things were to truly get terrible.

Count me in as a Lumi fan (which I've posted about here before). I just think this is the best pairing for each character.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I’ve been a fan of Sami and Lucas since 1993. Watching her outrageous stories while drinking Clearly Canadian and eating Viennetta was living to young girl me. 

Me, too.  I actually stopped watching for a while when they revealed Will's paternity and Lucas turned on her. I was so distraught.  I wanted them together forever.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Watching her outrageous stories while drinking Clearly Canadian and eating Viennetta was living to young girl me. 

I mean, that is the most glamorous meal someone can eat. I remember in 7th grade - this would have been 1995 - I asked for a Viennetta instead of cake for my birthday and it was really underwhelming. I was definitely expecting my life to get 1000% more glamorous as soon as I ate it. That did not happen.

I started watching Days in 93 or 94 (my mom was always more of an ABC soaps person) and was definitely Team Carrie and Austin, but in hindsight Sami and Lucas are way more interesting and fun to watch.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

I started watching Days in 93 or 94 (my mom was always more of an ABC soaps person) and was definitely Team Carrie and Austin, but in hindsight Sami and Lucas are way more interesting and fun to watch.

I too was Team Carrie an Austin but only when Sherry wrote for them.  She was a genius when writing for couples.  I lost interest in them when Sami/Lucas made fools out of them on a regular basis. The fact that they were too stupid to not see through them made them useless in my eyes.. I never saw what Sami saw in Austin. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I too was Team Carrie an Austin but only when Sherry wrote for them.  She was a genius when writing for couples.  I lost interest in them when Sami/Lucas made fools out of them on a regular basis. The fact that they were too stupid to not see through them made them useless in my eyes.. I never saw what Sami saw in Austin. 

Sami's whole world collapsed with affair between her mom/John, Belle's conception and the breakup of her family. Sami gets raped by a boy she liked who only wanted her sister. Austin was a nice guy who Sami felt safe and protected, Unlike Rafe, I did get why Sami was drawn to him.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3

As always, Jan is right; hospitals should have a cocktail menu. If I have to sit in a hospital bed being sick, I'll at least like a martini to help me get through the day.

John and Jan had the best scenes of Friday's episode for me. I think the actress really brings out the best in her scene partners. I also liked the Jan/Belle scenes. I usually find Belle boring, but a nemesis like Jan really brings out the fiery princess in her. My only fear is that Ron has a way of writing characters like Jan into the ground. I hope he's learned from his past mistakes, and he does not turn her into Marty Saybrooke (OLTL), Alice Perkins (OLTL), or Heather Webber (GH). Let her keep this balance of sanity and deviousness without making it impossible for her to stay on canvas.

I was kinda shocked to see Sami eating potato chips and talking about a burger. Around the time Ali was the host of Biggest Loser, I remember Sami eating and snacking much healthier, but I guess that was a decade ago.

I really dislike Kayla, Tripp, Steve, Ava, and Rafe. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Yeah I think after that it went downhill for them. My tween self did love them though and considering both are off screen and Sami is the only Brady Spawn this show has ever expressed any interest in writing for I'm ok with them being each other's OTP even though I feel Carrie probably would've outgrown Austin and Austin should have self respect and find a woman who wouldn't cheat on him with little remorse or take advantage of him.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah I think after that it went downhill for them. My tween self did love them though and considering both are off screen and Sami is the only Brady Spawn this show has ever expressed any interest in writing for I'm ok with them being each other's OTP even though I feel Carrie probably would've outgrown Austin and Austin should have self respect and find a woman who wouldn't cheat on him with little remorse or take advantage of him.

I think the reason that Austin and Carrie were stuck together was because the writers post Sherry had no idea how to write characters like them who were neither grey nor villainous.  Carrie was such a great character as a kid and she left a lot to be desired as an adult.   The same goes for Belle and Shawn. I think that Belle and Shawn had potential to be great characters away from each other.  The show was obsessed with making them a supercouple and it has never worked for me.  Notice that Both Carrie and Belle cheated on their husbands multiple times since that was the only issue that the writers could come up with to make them interesting.  Carrie had her mommy issues that could have been mined and she suffered the most with the Roman/John situation since she was the oldest.  Carrie lashed out a lot after she lost John as her father.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I think the reason that Austin and Carrie were stuck together was because the writers post Sherry had no idea how to write characters like them who were neither grey nor villainous.  Carrie was such a great character as a kid and she left a lot to be desired as an adult.   The same goes for Belle and Shawn. I think that Belle and Shawn had potential to be great characters away from each other.  The show was obsessed with making them a supercouple and it has never worked for me.  Notice that Both Carrie and Belle cheated on their husbands multiple times since that was the only issue that the writers could come up with to make them interesting.  Carrie had her mommy issues that could have been mined and she suffered the most with the Roman/John situation since she was the oldest.  Carrie lashed out a lot after she lost John as her father.

Yeah I preferred Carrie over Belle between the two because we watched her grow up and had way more potential back then. Belle was SORASed for the most part and well lets face it she had a charmed life until Jan Spears came along in comparison to Carrie.

I liked teen Shelle but it should've ended there. I don't see Belle(well this version at least) stick with Shawn long term she's too ambitious for him and seems to want excitement(hence her cheating on Shawn with far more passionate men). I think MM's Belle had way more chemistry with JKJ"s Phillip than with either Shawn.

I don't mind that they were non grey/villainous I mean the show needs a wide variety of characters to work but talented writers make them happen(and soaps no longer have those writers anymore).

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I liked teen Shelle but it should've ended there. I don't see Belle(well this version at least) stick with Shawn long term she's too ambitious for him and seems to want excitement(hence her cheating on Shawn with far more passionate men). I think MM's Belle had way more chemistry with JKJ"s Phillip than with either Shawn.

I love the Shelle as portrayed by Kirsten Storms and Jason Cooke. I'm meh on the current actors, but they've now portrayed Belle & Shawn longer than the former actors. I guess why I loved original recipe Shelle so much is the *idea* of them as friends who grew up together and were each others' first love. But given the development of the characters/storylines they've had over these years, eh, I don't really care if they stay together or go their separate ways.

I'm bitter that DOOL has taken what used to be my passionate fervor for Jack & Jen to the point I don't really care for them as a couple anymore. Show has done the same thing to my Shelle. Ironically, I was never a hard core Lumi fan, but of these three couples, they're the only ones the show hasn't ruined for me.

Finally, another couple, well, anti-couple DOOL has ruined for me is Carly & Lawrence. Yes, I know they weren't a "couple" in the traditional sense, but I loved, loved, loved the heat and chemistry between the characters and actors SO much - and this was before I found out they were a couple IRL. In fact, I didn't know CC & MB were a couple until maybe 5 years(?) after they left DOOL. Because I was so bitter about what the show did to Carly & Lawrence I didn't really watch when Carly returned. I only tuned in sporadically and was underwhelmed.

Edited by norcalgal
  • Love 3

What is "Susan" wearing on her hands?

Nice how the city will do illegal things for cops.  Isn't it a violation of privacy for them to track a grown woman who hasn't been reported as missing?

Why is Lucas staying at John and Marlena's?

"I didn't expect to find you here."  At her place of work?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

What is "Susan" wearing on her hands?

Nice how the city will do illegal things for cops.  Isn't it a violation of privacy for them to track a grown woman who hasn't been reported as missing?

Why is Lucas staying at John and Marlena's?

"I didn't expect to find you here."  At her place of work?

Those hide your old hands.  

not really a surprise considering this police force

he was tired after he and Sami finished all the “potato chips “

well on Days the last place you find anyone is at work

• LOL 3

I skipped all the Brady/Kristen scenes but otherwise I loved this episode.

Sami and Lucas just make me so happy. They're just so natural.

I was worried I wouldn't like Chanel/Xander as much as I hoped but boy did I. They're so fun! I'm bummed because they're clearly just a random, throwaway plot point. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can.

• Love 9

Lucas “it’s not like I have not seen you naked before “

sami “ that was a long time ago.   The statue of limitations is up “ 😂 

Kristin’s plan is stupid.   It’s like she wants Brady and Chloe together.  
So wanted Nicole to figure out the Kristin Susan switch.  

9 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Why do they have blood stains all over them?

Maybe she killed Charlie?   

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I love the Shelle as portrayed by Kirsten Storms and Jason Cooke. I'm meh on the current actors, but they've now portrayed Belle & Shawn longer than the former actors. I guess why I loved original recipe Shelle so much is the *idea* of them as friends who grew up together and were each others' first love. But given the development of the characters/storylines they've had over these years, eh, I don't really care if they stay together or go their separate ways.

I'm bitter that DOOL has taken what used to be my passionate fervor for Jack & Jen to the point I don't really care for them as a couple anymore. Show has done the same thing to my Shelle. Ironically, I was never a hard core Lumi fan, but of these three couples, they're the only ones the show hasn't ruined for me.

Finally, another couple, well, anti-couple DOOL has ruined for me is Carly & Lawrence. Yes, I know they weren't a "couple" in the traditional sense, but I loved, loved, loved the heat and chemistry between the characters and actors SO much - and this was before I found out they were a couple IRL. In fact, I didn't know CC & MB were a couple until maybe 5 years(?) after they left DOOL. Because I was so bitter about what the show did to Carly & Lawrence I didn't really watch when Carly returned. I only tuned in sporadically and was underwhelmed.

I never cared for Lumi but I agree with you on the others at this point. Although I was actually relieved Lawrence was killed off only because it would've been worse if I had to watch him alive be outsmarted by the likes of Rafe and Daniel.

Carly was pretty much ruined for me during her second stint I was glad to see her go and hopefully never return.

Speaking of Lumi Sami's reaction was just contrived to me because she has cheated before but on Rafe with EJ. 

• Love 2

Why was Sami acting like she never cheated before? I remember her cheating on Rafe with EJ. Now she has cheated on EJ with Lucas. And to think, she was so smug about Marlena and John’s romp, vowing she would never cheat! Also, some fans claimed she was better than Carrie because “at least Sami isn’t a cheater.” Well now she is. Twice.

• Love 4

Paul Telfer (Xander) has a huge chest. I might be stating the obvious. I think he’s really funny, too. Poor Xander. Boring Sarah has left us. He should be happy like we are. LOL!!!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Why was Sami acting like she never cheated before? I remember her cheating on Rafe with EJ. Now she has cheated on EJ with Lucas. And to think, she was so smug about Marlena and John’s romp, vowing she would never cheat! Also, some fans claimed she was better than Carrie because “at least Sami isn’t a cheater.” Well now she is. Twice.

And didnt Sami cheat with Rafe on her last trip back to Salem?  Rafe was engaged to Hope and I thought Sami was married to EJ at that time?  Rafe was upset because Hope found out, but I dont remember Sami feeling badly about their one night together.

• Love 1

I'm not happy Sarah is gone.

But I do agree Xander has a huge chest.

And I did love the comedy today between Xander and Chanel (#Xanel apparently is their couple name.) With every little reveal, Paul's reactions were hilarious--when he got up and was wearing a kilt, when he heard he got down on one knee, when he heard they were married...etc.   I'm looking forward to the tables being turned when Chanel gets some truths--like he's not "loaded." 

Where did she get that red negligee?  Was she planning on sleeping with him? 

I did love Lumi today. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

And didnt Sami cheat with Rafe on her last trip back to Salem?  Rafe was engaged to Hope and I thought Sami was married to EJ at that time?  Rafe was upset because Hope found out, but I dont remember Sami feeling badly about their one night together.

EJ was presumed dead during that romp. But Sami was definitely the “other woman” during the Rafe/Hope thing.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

EJ was presumed dead during that romp. But Sami was definitely the “other woman” during the Rafe/Hope thing.

Thanks for the info...I could not remember the details

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

That is what happens when the show writes pllot driven stories rather than character drivern stories. Until she slept with EJ, Sami had never cheated.

11 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Sami slept with Rafe when EJ was still conisidered to have have been dead for 3 years. Rafe was technically on a break with Hope, but again they used Sami sleeping with Rafe to propel the plot and break up Rafe and Hope.

Now they had Sami sleep with Lucas to continue the nonsense story with Kirsten, Brady and Chloe.

• Love 4

I had no idea what Susan was wearing on her hands. In Chanel terms, take one thing off before you leave the house. Those glove things need to go. Why would Susan Banks care so much about Brady? She is a houseguest who has well overstayed her welcome. I'd pack her trunk, and change the locks. And now she sees Lucas leaving? So what? She is a houseguest and has zero vote on who is in the home.

Looks like Lani had a doll today. Couldn't Aunt Paulina just use the phone?

Chloe, just shut your yap about your feelings for Brady. You may find yourself being measured for the trunk and find yourself spending quality time with Sarah Horton.

Chanel, what a tangled web you weave. You are a little young to be running a con. I doubt the marriage is real. Poor Xander. Did enjoy Paul Telfer's performance as he seemed to be having some fun with his predicament. Where did she get the red nightie from? Her caviar dreams may end up being a shrimpball budget once she finds out that Xander is not Titan CEO, he is not rich, blah blah blah. She should have put more thought in to her plan. 

• Love 1

Kristen has become the one thing that can never be forgiven on a soap - tedious.  Apparently the writers never get out of their bubbles or read ANY social media or message boards.  I really wonder what percentage of fans want them together over the (I suspect) VAST percent of fans who JUST DON'T CARE.  Kristen is not amusing, she is not interesting and she has done nothing to move any plot along except the one that many people did NOT want.  It's time for her to be REALLY, REALLY (FOR REAL) DEAD.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

All I have to say is Lumi forever... So much history between them and they are just so right and I have never understood why the show hates them so much..

Agreed....but I'm astonished the show just tossed away their reunion sex like this...it could have been built up over months. Them gradually getting attracted to each other again...but no. When was the last time Lucas and Sami even slept together? A decade ago?? This should have been a bigger deal.

I find it supremely sad that Nicole is now pushing Chloe to go after Brady The Prize, as if she wasn't fighting tooth and nail to be his wife only a few short years ago...these gals both know there's no point in being with Brady...he's always cycling through relationships. What's wrong with Chloe, hearing about how Brady knocked up Kristen inadvertantly because of his intense feelings for Nicole and thinking, "yeah - this guy's what I want!"

Maybe focus on someone new.

This Chanel thing looks a lot like Theresa getting drunk Brady to wed her. ReRon!

Why are Susan's wrists bandaged?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3