Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

They really should re-cast Hope. 

You're right. I wasn't sure Hope was needed on the canvas right now, but if Ron is going to write scenes and stories that demand Hope be involved, then we need to see her. Bring in sometime age appropriate with a soap pedigree, like they did with Cady, who can jump right in and play the part when it's required. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Why is Ben saying "Will Horton" instead of simply Will?  After all, they were best friends in prison, or are we supposed to have forgotten about that?

Because the exposition on this show is so darn subtle?

St Lukes was left in the dryer for too long.

Jake was nuts today. Where did all that come from??

I like Theo with Ciara.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'd be ok with it to tie up loose ends if KA won't do it but I don't want her to stick around beyond that.

I'd be alright with a reasonable explanation for why she stays away, since I can only assume Ciara will be kidnapped again, or attacked by a shark or whatever, so Hope would only be forced to do more crying or paired up with Rafe again.

They needed to take her off the show years ago. Let her rest for now, try to rebuild the bridge with KA and then bring ber back in a year, or once Ciara or Rafe are gone.

• Love 5
Just now, BuckeyeLou said:

On a shallow note, what was Lani wearing to go to a Baptism?!  She looked beautiful but she looked like she was wearing a long white nightgown 🙂

She looked gorgeous in that white dress with that material but the outfit gaped/sagged a bit too much around her breasts.  She didn't sag but her outfit did.

I too thought Lani was wearing a negligee at first. Everyone seemed overdressed for a christening.  A simple day dress would be fine for the women.

Poor Valerie having to be the voice of reason with Aunt Paulina. Suuuuuure, go to her hotel room an hour before the service and tell her, sorry, you're not the godmother. She took it better than expected and it was nice of her to show up to the ceremony anyway. 

Jake seemed to go nuts with Ben to recommend Dr. Rolf's memory serum. That would be a last resort. Some psych evaluation should happen first, if needed. Ciara's injury will heal and maybe her memory will come back. She seems stuck in time to a few years ago. Surely the family could tell her which year it is now.

Theo seems too decent. Wonder how long that will last.

Is there a priest at St. Luke's or will they do it online?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I have not watched since Monday. Turned off in disgust at what they did to Sarah and have not decided if I'm going back.

This!  After following all the horrible plots, I'm surprised that the Sarah story is what has driven me away, but I haven't watched since I read the spoiler that this was coming.  Still recording it every day, but just can't bring myself to watch any more.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

She looked gorgeous in that white dress with that material but the outfit gaped/sagged a bit too much around her breasts.  She didn't sag but her outfit did.

She was also giving a lot of Jolie leg....

Odd how she looked nicer in that than her wedding dress.

26 minutes ago, tribeca said:

So 

when Jennifer was in the hospital we skipped a year ahead and when Ciara is in hospital we go back a year.  So are we now in real time ?

LOL, nope. Ciara has forgotten more than a year, and her memory will at some point be restored (see Will, Jack, etc).

• Love 2

I have to give Ron C. credit.  

I never thought - actually I never imagined - that he'd try to find another character as obnoxious as Julie - and played by another actor who eats the screen with as much gusto as SSH does, but he did!  Aunt Pauline in only a few days has become as cringeworthy, as shrill, as truly awful as Julie.  I pity any other show trying to film anywhere near the DOOL soundset on any day when those two actors are working.  

To top the day off we also get to hear Ciara screech and Ben mope!  Leaves a person feeling wistful for the dulcet tones of the soft-spoken Kristen de Crazi.

ETA - Was I supposed to feel anything but laughter bubbling up when Ben said that Ciara's rejection of him because all she remembers is that little thing about him being a serial killer felt like a "knife to the heart"?  At least it didn't feel like a necktie wrapped around his scrawny neck like Paige and Serena and Will felt or that actual bullet to the heart that Wendy the midwife took from him.  Poor poor Ben.  

Are TIIC filming DOOL right on top of the Hell Mouth now or does it only sound and feel like it?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

I like the new Theo so far.  Ciara will break his heart.  Hopefully he realizes this.  
Eli and Lani really are a beautiful couple.   Their storyline about the godmother seemed like it was out of a fairytale.   Expected Aunt Pauline to cast a spell on the twins. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ChuChu said:

This!  After following all the horrible plots, I'm surprised that the Sarah story is what has driven me away, but I haven't watched since I read the spoiler that this was coming.  Still recording it every day, but just can't bring myself to watch any more.

I went in yesterday and watched Tuesday's Jack and Gwen scenes, skipped everything else. Wednesday I literally fast forwarded the entire thing, NOTHING made me want to stop. Paulina is less obnoxious sped up I must say, and Ben's whining is far more tolerable when you can't hear it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Okay, Sassy Black Con Woman was so incredibly cringe, I felt like I was watching a hate crime. (And of course she's Aunt Pauline's daughter that she must have had at like 50 years old.) She felt like a character that was on a Mad TV sketch making fun of how Hollywood writes black people, but not funny. I did like seeing a glimpse of Feisty Claire again, so that was nice.

17 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

You're right. I wasn't sure Hope was needed on the canvas right now, but if Ron is going to write scenes and stories that demand Hope be involved, then we need to see her. Bring in sometime age appropriate with a soap pedigree, like they did with Cady, who can jump right in and play the part when it's required. 

Alicia Minshew is a little young but I could see it. It's not like age really matters on this show. (Understatement.) 

I don't think Susan Ward is up to anything now, is she? 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 6

I think my favourite thing about this Kristen-Sarah storyline is how stupid it makes Marlena look.

"Hey, isn't that the woman that tried to kill you multiple times and raped your son?"

Marlena: "Yes, and with my help, she's changed. I consider her one of my greatest successes. Like Ben."

Speaking of, the paragon of mental health is currently forcing a woman confined to a hospital bed to remember she loves him... yeah, that tracks.

Edited by Damian
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Damian said:

I think my favourite thing about this Kristen-Sarah storyline is how stupid it makes Marlena look.

"Hey, isn't that the woman that tried to kill you multiple times and raped your son?"

Marlena: "Yes, and with my help, she's changed. I consider her one of my greatest successes. Like Ben."

Speaking of, the paragon of mental health is currently forcing a woman confined to a hospital bed to remember she loves him... yeah, that tracks.

VERY funny post, Damian!  I saw Ben was going to force Ciara into remembering the worst decision she ever made.  What a prince he is.  

Marlena looking stupid is a short bridge to cross these days.  Half the time she looks like can't quite remember if she put her pants on.

Salem - Where Mental Health Goes to Die.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Claire sure left out a lot of details of hers and Ciara history.  
Even though I FF Ben & Ciaras romance memories I could not help but notice how nice her hair was in the flashbacks.  
Tripp looked very guilty when talking about who killed Charlie.  
Lani let your kids have a college fund.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, tribeca said:

Claire sure left out a lot of details of hers and Ciara history.  
Even though I FF Ben & Ciaras romance memories I could not help but notice how nice her hair was in the flashbacks.  
Tripp looked very guilty when talking about who killed Charlie.  
Lani let your kids have a college fund.  

Lani is probably afraid her kids will be smarter than she is.

If that's the case then she should be insanely jealous of all doorknobs too.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
Just now, MotherInLaw said:

The press conference cut out the 2nd half of the show...who was the girl buying champagne for Claire?

Chanel. Paulina's daugher and Lani's cousin.

• Useful 2

Ciara reaction to Ben did not seem real.  She thinks he is a killer and Is supposed to be afraid of him but listens to him and lets him show his props.  I almost wondered if she was faking not remembering.  
  I did not like Tripp not backing up Claire.  He knew Chanel offered to pay.  

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I agree with you. I actually find Tripp since his transfer from Stanford Medical School to go to Salem U (lol in what world?) to be a real wimp. He lets Allie steamroll over him at every turn, seemed to have no back bone or instinct for self protection during the rape saga, and just kow tows to Ava. His rendition before he left was pretty headstrong and kinda a dick at times. I wish the writers would split the difference between dick head and bland. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

The press conference did not interrupt soon enough.  We were still subjected to the torture of all those Cin flashbacks. 

I can't help myself, I loved the Cin flashbacks. LOL.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Did he?  Even before the show was interrupted, I wasn't paying super close attention but Claire was the one who told him Chanel was paying.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I agree with you. I actually find Tripp since his transfer from Stanford Medical School to go to Salem U (lol in what world?) to be a real wimp. He lets Allie steamroll over him at every turn, seemed to have no back bone or instinct for self protection during the rape saga, and just kow tows to Ava. His rendition before he left was pretty headstrong and kinda a dick at times. I wish the writers would split the difference between dick head and bland. 

When someone said he's the new JJ that's so true except he's not related to half of Salem like JJ was. Oh well better Tripp than him. Although I do think Lucas Adams is a decent actor but the show doesn't write Tripp the way he should've been a jerk but not a complete sociopath.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, rcc said:

So who finally paid the liquor bill? This girl looks like quite the character. The show was interrupted for me.

No one yet.  Though probably Paulina, if Chanel doesn't have the money, as the show ended with Paulina saying "that's my daughter".

• Love 2
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

No one yet.  Though probably Paulina, if Chanel doesn't have the money, as the show ended with Paulina saying "that's my daughter".

"Who's somehow only about 22 because menopause doesn't exist on soaps. Just ask Marlena and Kristen!" Seriously though, the "godmother" plot was so ridiculous because I kept thinking to myself, "Both of these bitches are over 70. Jackee has gotta be in her 70's now. Julie has gotten be like 90 years old now. The show even acknowledged that Julie is too old to even get on a transplant list, yet I'm supposed to believe a couple in their early 30's is going to pick her to be a godmother, i.e. someone that could take over parenting for them in the event that they die? The hell?" 

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Did he?  Even before the show was interrupted, I wasn't paying super close attention but Claire was the one who told him Chanel was paying.

She was. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

The only godparent that makes sense, going by the traditional definition of what that means, is Theo. 

By actor ages, Paulina is 64, Julie is 77, and Doug is 95. 

If I ever have amnesia, just fucking tell me it's 202x and that's my husband. Get on with it. Spit it out. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Those expensive christening gowns sure folded up well under those pink and blue blankets. We certainly never saw them and except for being at the church, no sense of anything happening. I found it hard to believe that the priest has never baptized twins. Seriously? Twins are that rare in Salem?

Doug did mention that his silver foxness was 95 years old.

Julie being aroun 77 or so is not exactly godmother material. She may make it to 95 years old when the kids would be around 18. Lani and Eli should have found some younger folks to be godparents - i.e. ones who can realistically look after the kids if something happened to either of them.

Chanel did offer to treat Claire to the mimosas. I am not fond of folks who offer to pay and then simply.DON'T. Put the blame on you.

Claire left out a lot of her history with Ciara and Tripp and Theo. Selective memory and why would some strange girl take an interest?

Lani, accept the college fund from your Aunt. Granted, no guarantee that the kids will go to college. And don't just use a blank cheque. You can start it with $10,000 each right now and then add to the fund on certain birthdays. Or give the $100,000 now and put it into an education savings fund that is tax-free.

Ben, don't push your 'wife' to get her memories back. See what is going on medically before bringing out the wedding photos, books, etc.  Ask Ciara what year she thinks it is. If she did have a motorcycle accident, she would not just have a head injury. She'd be pretty banged up. Just let her be right now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Claire did say the other girl was paying.  The girl did not argue with it.  Chanel (?) would have said right there she wasn’t buying.  She did not seem shy.  Tripp is a wimp. 
    Isn’t the role of godparents to be your spiritual guide ?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

By actor ages, Paulina is 64, Julie is 77, and Doug is 95. 

Damn, Jackee is only 64?  I was not expecting her to be younger than Oprah. I guess it is reasonable for her to have a 22-year old daughter. LOL. 

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani, accept the college fund from your Aunt. Granted, no guarantee that the kids will go to college. And don't just use a blank cheque. You can start it with $10,000 each right now and then add to the fund on certain birthdays. Or give the $100,000 now and put it into an education savings fund that is tax-free.

The way things are going, a 4-year college education with no frills is probably going to be a bare minimum 200k by the time the twins are ready for college in 2030. Each. Lani, take the damn money.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Those expensive christening gowns sure folded up well under those pink and blue blankets. We certainly never saw them and except for being at the church, no sense of anything happening. I found it hard to believe that the priest has never baptized twins. Seriously? Twins are that rare in Salem?

Marlena and Samantha.

Sami and Eric - and they were baptized at St Luke's

Johnny and Allie - I am going to assume that they were also baptized at St Luke's (offscreen) since Sydney was and their parents belonged to that parish.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Marlena and Samantha.

Sami and Eric - and they were baptized at St Luke's

Johnny and Allie - I am going to assume that they were also baptized at St Luke's (offscreen) since Sydney was and their parents belonged to that parish.

This is a previously unseen priest. Maybe he is new.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm sure he is, since their long-time priest died a few years ago.

And the other priest they had at St Lukes ended caught in a sex video scandal where they kicked him out of the priesthood.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Whenever Ciara recovers her memories, they really need to address Ben terrorizing her and trying to kill her before she was kidnapped. Yes, he was brainwashed, but her terror was real. And I’m saying this as a Cin fan. 

(Yeah, I know it will never happen.)

Edited by DanaMB
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, buffynut said:

Yes Paulina paid it next episode. With a disgusted look for her bratty daughter. Thanks for responding.

• Love 4

This Ava and Rafe shit is really testing my patience 😤🏃🏻‍♂️

Yeah it’s a scumbag move to run out on a check or stiff a tip on top. Not paying that $500 means the server would pay the house out of her pocket $40 out pocket because there’s automatic tip share for bussers and bar. So not only would that server lost the money from the tip which they were countingbonnor could have got from a non-dirtbag table sat their instead, they essentially paid $40 to work that hour or 2 serving Ms Chanel and Co. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, tribeca said:

Today he said that he only knew that CLAIRE said she offered to pay--interesting distinction.  What I want to know is when did Claire and Tripp become best buddies--the last time I saw them together, Claire was yelling at him that he was a rapist.  Did they have a scene where she apologized to him and he accepted it?

I do like that Paulina realizes she's raised an entitled, spoiled brat but that means we're stuck watching her try and better herself--YIKES!

• Love 3

They had Ally acting like an entitled brat and empty head. And Ciara being same. Now we have Chanel at it. Ron reallllllly sucks at characterization and it’s getting old. 

Basically every woman is a bitch on wheels and all dudes are bland dolts or psychotic. Cool.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886fsj6gpgwoblrbmzxfo

• Love 6

I'm getting a big kick out of the scenes with Sami, Rafe & Lucas.  Sami & Lucas trying to tag-team Rafe, Rafe not buying any of it 🙂  Now, I am thinking Tripp seems like the obvious suspect.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today he said that he only knew that CLAIRE said she offered to pay--interesting distinction. 

Claire is the one who told him yesterday from what I saw.

I get Claire isn't all that happy with what Chanel tried to run but all her side comments when Chanel was pleading her case to Paulina was getting on my nerves. 

• Love 5

I am so grateful we got a break from CIN today because I can't take anymore of them. After the last 2 days, it seems like the Ciara amnesia storyline is mostly about everyone in town singing Ben's praises to her and Ben recounting their transcendent love story to her. Ugh.

I like Paulina and so far I don't mind Chanel. Paulina seems like a caring person and I thought her reaction was understandable when she found out she wasn't Jules godmother. I liked her "fairy godmother" shirt and that she gave it to Julie. Except for assuming she was going to be the godmother, I haven't had any issue with Paulina or her portrayal. I wonder how long Jackee is gong to stick around. 

It was weird seeing Tripp & Claire just drop by to visit with Allie, considering Tripp was, until recently, thought to be Allie's rapist and Claire hated his guts. It is nice to see him hang out with people his age.

I still love Lumi after all these years (and a long break from watching DAYS) and I enjoy watching them work together to try to protect their daughter. Although I don't know how they thought their plan/story could work.

I appreciate that they've added a room to Rafe's house, but it is kind of strange that everyone now enters through the kitchen and it's kind of awkward that everyone has to sit and eat in scenes. Some actors play it off better than others, but I get distracted watching other actors pick at their food and I wonder how cold that food must be. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4