Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm glad to FINALLY see a new Dimera mansion living room set. It's much nicer than before. I was so sick of everyone parading in and out of that study, or club room or whatever it was supposed to be. The new set seems more in line with today's style trends...I don't know why this show's set designers have always seemed so intent on using wood paneling and antique furniture in the more "upscale" sets.

• Love 4

Too bad Ciara has selective amnesia or whatever it is. Was hoping that Hope could call and that she and Ben would go visit Mom at Grandpa Vic's villa in Greece for a few months.

A bit of an overreaction to the Necktie Killer. Maybe someone should have asked her what year it is. And now poor Claire has to deal with that selective memory.

Can't believe that Ava and Gabi would be fighting over the last bagel. With that many people in the house, you think there would be food and another package of bagels in the freezer. Ava gave up all the mob money and now has no money to pay apartment rent? Hope Tripp saved some of his inheritance money. Rafe's generosity or not, she needs to get her own space. At least she hasn't moved in with Steve and Kayla. Maybe she can afford Charlie's place. Rafe can have his sister stay at his home. No need for her to be on the deed.

Nice dream, Jake.

Surprised to see a new DiMera living room or parlour, whatever it is.

Kate seemed surprised about the gun. She got the box, opened it and nothing.

Claire really thinks that droopy Allie could actually have shot Charlie? And now Ava also went out that evening?

• Love 5
On 3/16/2021 at 5:27 PM, Peanut6711 said:

The looks Marlena kept giving in regards to CIN were starting to make me question her feelings for Ben too.

Yeah, I picked up on the look on her face when Belle said that Ben was reuniting with his true love. Was she jealous? Also weird how she was so concerned & breathy when Shawn said that Ben had a coughing fit and passed out. If I didn't know any better, I'd think Marlena is carrying a torch for Ben. It's all so strange.

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

When do Allie and Ciara become so close that Allie ran to see her at the hospital?

Never. I don't count Allie filling in at the last minute as Ciara's maid of honor to mean they've ever been particularly close. Unless I'm forgetting other meaningful scenes?

The new brighter DiMera living room is so much more appealing than old ugly all-brown room. Although the black doors are a bit much. Was the Stefano portrait not on the wall in the new room? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Was the Stefano portrait not on the wall in the new room?

I didn't see it either, but I think it's coming. Alison Sweeney posted a picture of the new set on her instagram a few weeks ago (now since deleted), and the portrait was definitely there.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I don't know why this show's set designers have always seemed so intent on using wood paneling and antique furniture in the more "upscale" sets.

They probably find them on the side of the road, which works well with the budget.

• LOL 5

The actress who plays Chloe is fast becoming a plastic surgery/Botox victim! Where did some women ever get the idea that those duck lips make them look beautiful? I could barely stand to look at her Disfigured mouth. 

• Love 5

Woah...can't believe they redid the DiLiving Room...! At this point, it's as iconic as the Horton set.

....or is this supposed to be a different room in the house? (haven't watched the eps yet)

I really like this new Ciara and I'm really worried for her. Claire is moments away from setting her on fire, making a deal with Kristen to get a Ciara mask and hide the charred corpse in Kristen's womb*, have sex with Ben, get pregnant, and then find out that Ben has been Stefano all along!**

*Of course Kristen will understand and help without question. She's a mother!

**The real Ben Weston died years ago in prison by strangling himself. His condition made him do it.

• LOL 7

Ugh, this Kristen/Sarah storyline is just making me groan....like Rex, her ex-husband, would not recognize the differences in her body, the height difference, etc...its really stretches credulity.  I understand that Brady & Chloe dont like Xander, but they were awfully blase about Sarah being missing...they could have expressed some concern.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Ugh, this Kristen/Sarah storyline is just making me groan....like Rex, her ex-husband, would not recognize the differences in her body, the height difference, etc...its really stretches credulity.  I understand that Brady & Chloe dont like Xander, but they were awfully blase about Sarah being missing...they could have expressed some concern.  

Marlena was possessed by the devil and levitated so anything goes after that stupid storyline..

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Even though I'm a Cin fan, I like this twist that Ciara has memory loss, and thinks she's in the hospital because of the motorcycle accident.

However, not enjoying the Kristen and Sarah mask thing.  And thought it was even more ridiculous that the mask that changes Kristen's voice to sound like the mask's face, also allowed Kristen to sound like Susan when she was talking to Rex on the phone, without presumably removing the mask, though they didn't let us see that side of the phone call.

And found whatever Brady and Chloe were talking about rather boring.

• Love 5

Jeeeeeesus Ben and Claire ain't the swiftest, are they? "She's acting like she hates us, and she keeps telling us about these things that happened years ago... what can it mean?!"

The story of her amnesia isn't totally far fetched though. I know someone who had a stroke-like event and did believe it was a different year when they woke up. It lasted just a few days, thankfully.

I love the Mission Impossible movies, but even I get tired of the mask gag. This ridiculous Sarah/Kristen story has quadrupled that fatigue.

• Love 8

Kristen needs to move to Hollywood and become an actress.

Rex should really be questioning whether he should be having sex with a woman clearly going through a crisis.

Can Kristen sound like Susan while wearing the mask that changes her voice to Sarah's?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Rex should really be questioning whether he should be having sex with a woman clearly going through a crisis.

Can Kristen sound like Susan while wearing the mask that changes her voice to Sarah's?

Rex is a pig he has sex with anybody. Ask Noelle and mimi 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Rex is a pig he has sex with anybody. Ask Noelle and mimi 

At least he doesn't attempt any means to commit murder. So this makes him morally superior to Ben, Kristen and Xander.

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

However, not enjoying the Kristen and Sarah mask thing.  And thought it was even more ridiculous that the mask that changes Kristen's voice to sound like the mask's face, also allowed Kristen to sound like Susan when she was talking to Rex on the phone, without presumably removing the mask, though they didn't let us see that side of the phone call.

For some reason, that drove me insane. Like, OK, the whole thing makes zero sense, but they wrote it into the show that there's a voice modifier built into the mask to make her sound like Sarah so how in the ever loving fuck can she then just sound like Susan?! Maybe there's like a little button somewhere in the neck you can push to turn the voice modifier on and off. GAH!

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Yea, that is not a good look. I hope he doesn't actually have sex with her because I'd like him to not be gross and also I'd like there to not be yet another rape on this show.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

For some reason, that drove me insane. Like, OK, the whole thing makes zero sense, but they wrote it into the show that there's a voice modifier built into the mask to make her sound like Sarah so how in the ever loving fuck can she then just sound like Susan?! Maybe there's like a little button somewhere in the neck you can push to turn the voice modifier on and off. GAH!

Yea, that is not a good look. I hope he doesn't actually have sex with her because I'd like him to not be gross and also I'd like there to not be yet another rape on this show.

Because Kristen excelled in shapeshifting.

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I can’t believe I’m typing this, but Kristen being able to change her voice on a whim while wearing someone else’s face was one of the least weird things about this current face swap. I assume, especially since they didn’t let us see that side of the convo that Kristen just took  part of the mask off, covering her mouth, and was able to use her real voice. Or there is a button to turn it off? I thought that might have happened a couple of times when she was posing as Nicole, but I could be wrong.

I don’t think there’s anything gross or weird about having sex with someone having a “crisis.” As long as you’re two consenting adults and the person in “crisis” is fully aware with what they’re doing, then it’s that person’s choice. The way Kristen played Sarah she wasn’t acting like someone confused, distraught, or questioning her decision. This situation has the disturbing caveat that Rex is the one being taken advantage of and raped.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don’t think there’s anything gross or weird about having sex with someone having a “crisis.” As long as you’re two consenting adults and the person in “crisis” is fully aware with what they’re doing, then it’s that person’s choice. The way Kristen played Sarah she wasn’t acting like someone confused, distraught, or questioning her decision.

Right.  For knocking boots, I think he's fine.  But as someone who supposedly still loves Sarah?  It's not a good look.  You'd kind of want to see him be more cautious with his heart and with her.

He did make sure it's what she wanted and that he could change her mind.  Sometimes, sex is just to forget.  Nothing wrong with that.  She's not drunk. 

I did like LS's performance as Kristen playing Sarah. 

• Love 5

Yeah, like the rest of y'all, I just cannot deal with Kristen as Sarah. I had a little hope that Sarah would bring up the height/body difference and maybe we'd get some kind of far fetched explanation, but no, she just noted the voice difference. If I were Sarah, I'd have said something like even with the voice disguiser, there's no way Xander will mistake Kristen's 60 year old hands for her 30-something hands. And seriously, Kristen ripping her clothes off with Rex was stupid. She should have at least wanted to keep covered up. The mask is so good that it flawlessly integrates into your torso now? Like, not even a seam? And did Kristen stop off somewhere for a quick all over body tuck? When she was masquerading as Nicole, didn't she always insist on keeping the lights off when she had sexy times with Brady, or am I misremembering? 

5 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Jeeeeeesus Ben and Claire ain't the swiftest, are they? "She's acting like she hates us, and she keeps telling us about these things that happened years ago... what can it mean?!"

God this drove me nuts. I mean, good grief, Claire. Ben literally just told you that Ciara only remembered him as the necktie killer, and now you can't seem to grasp that she has selective memory about you as well? C'mon writers.

• Love 7

Brady is vile, being so smug over Sarah being MIA when his psycho girlfriend has her.

When Kristen took her ring and Sarah started to break down, that was so sad. Really hit how Kristen was violating her and destroying her life.

Can someone just say to Ciara it's 2021.

Rex is an idiot.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

And thought it was even more ridiculous that the mask that changes Kristen's voice to sound like the mask's face

IIRC, she had a small round metal device on her neck when disguised as Nicole which altered her voice.

Let us also not forget that when Eileen was playing these characters, they paid attention to details. Susan had to "wear" blue contacts to impersonate Kristen...meaning Eileen had to wear brown ones to play Susan.

I don't think that has ever been the case with SH's performance.

3 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Can someone just say to Ciara it's 2021.

That would be incorrect, as its presently 2022, Days time, thanks to the time jump.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

I like this twist that Ciara has memory loss, and thinks she's in the hospital because of the motorcycle accident.

I loved seeing Ciara scream about him being a killer she never wants to see again. VERY cathartic after all these awful years.

Shame it won't last.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Kristen shapeshifts well. No more Phoenix tattoo, but the mask had the DNA knowledge and skin map knowledge to give her the identical back of the neck tattoo. And the height and build difference. Is there one that makes one tall and thin?

Brady and Nicole, back off from Sarah Horton's life and her choice at Xander as a spouse. How are your relationships going? Kristen is in 'jail'. Sarah balances the guy. Xander is pretty desperate. Surely a few Kiriakis lackeys are available to help.

And way to go, to try to get back together with him, one last roll in the hay to give him hope that you want to be with him. Suuuuure. How can Rex be that stupid. Him loving you or not, he should still respect your choice to marry another man. I didn't think she and Rex were actually married - just engaged. Maybe I forgot. Rex is still being deceived - only because Kristen wants revenge against Xander for Rachel.  And nothing about Kristen's actions are consensual. Hopefully Sarah can find an escape from the wine cellar.

Must be great for Ciara to finally express her rage about things that happened a few years ago. Guess Kayla can't ask her what year it is since there was the time jump. Poor Claire being yelled at. Guess it's time for a CAT scan or some psych eval to see why Ciara's memories stop a few years ago at the time of her motorcycle accident. She would be in far worse shape than she is now. - if she rolled her bike.

• Love 3

If this mask technology existed that also altered height, physique, voice, how you even move the inventory and owner would make 6 billion dollars from it in one month and be in the office and entourage of the world’s leaders... so Kristen and Rolf wouldn’t be in jail or even been pussy footing around Salem at all. 

I think I’d have wanted my mask to be young Liz Taylor. Janet Jackson in her prime with that adorable face, amazing abs, dancing acting and singing abilities wouldn’t be bad either.

ron writes this show like it’s an episode Saved by the Bell except that was geared to middle school children and the writers were clearly fucking around when they cranked out that stupid shit. 

VK/Ciara makeup looked good and she did it herself. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

What I find more unbelievable than the shapeshifting powers of the mask (and let's face it, at least Kristen and Sarah have similar body types--Nicole is built completely different than Kristen, though everyone makes good points about height and age issues with Kristen/Sarah)  is that: Kristen knows how to make a shapeshifting mask that alters your voice and your body and your height, and she was able to whip it up in approx. two hours!

Happy Americas Got Talent GIF by NBC 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Kristen shapeshifts well. No more Phoenix tattoo, but the mask had the DNA knowledge and skin map knowledge to give her the identical back of the neck tattoo. And the height and build difference. Is there one that makes one tall and thin?

2 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

If this mask technology existed that also altered height, physique, voice, how you even move the inventory and owner would make 6 billion dollars from it in one month and be in the office and entourage of the world’s leaders... so Kristen and Rolf wouldn’t be in jail or even been pussy footing around Salem at all. 

All THIS!!!!!!  But especially the tattoo! I posted this before, but how the eff can DOOL expect us to believe Kristen is able to pull off all of this in *one* freaking day, and not even a full day at that!  Sarah just stumbled into Kristen at Titan, so Kristen has to do ALL of this on the fly - no prep work, no pre-planning. 

It's so infuriating that DOOL insults the intelligence and logic of the viewers.

• Love 4

I can see Kristen asking Dr. Rolf creating a Sarah mask after the baby switch was revealed, in case she wanted revenge. And then complained that Sarah kept changing her hair. Why not get a Chloe mask and morph into the voluptuous woman and be with Brady?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I can see Kristen asking Dr. Rolf creating a Sarah mask after the baby switch was revealed, in case she wanted revenge.

Didn't Kristen say that Rolf taught her how to make the mask, meaning she just whipped it up overnight?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

Didn't Kristen say that Rolf taught her how to make the mask, meaning she just whipped it up overnight?

She would need a very sophisticated 3D or other tech printer, and exact facial measurements.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Guess Kayla can't ask her what year it is since there was the time jump.

Since they never really mentioned what year it was before the time jump, I'm going on the assumption that they just went from events in the past to "present day."  I really don't think the idea is supposed to be that Salemites are now living in the future.

• Love 5

Claire's fascination with Ciara has always been a little annoying but Isabel Durant's Claire makes her sound pathetic with all of weeping and wailing.  I did evil smile when Claire hugged Ben after all of her whining, though.  

Does anyone remember what year Ciara is living in with the motorcycle crash?  

For as stupid as the Sarah Mask is, I enjoyed most of those scenes.  I thought Linsey Godfrey did a good job as Kristin-as-Sarah.  I was hoping we'd get to see her play Kristin-as-Sarah in a scene with Sarah but that probably costs too much time and money.  

I don't think Kristin had any intention of having sex with Rex, which is why she called Xander in hopes that he would bust into the room before anything happened.  

It didn't bother me that Kristin was able to whip up a Sarah Mask so quickly, but I like to fanwank that Kristin has great respect for Dr Rolf and a photographic memory of everything he's taught her.  One of my frustrations with the Show is that if they insist on having Kristin as a main story driver, that more of her motivation isn't derived from her time spent with Rolf.  

8 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I really don't think the idea is supposed to be that Salemites are now living in the future.

That's how I see it, too.  It's not so much that it's 2022, just that it's a year after Princess Gina so gleefully pushed Jennifer off of that balcony.  Good time, good times.  

• Love 4

Every new year they typically show the actual date....that way, in the future they can flashback when needed to "New Years 2020!"

Except now they can't. They skipped over that one. So stupid.

I would like to give Lindsay credit for emulating Staci's delivery once she had to play Disguised Kristen. And also for giving a great performance as Sarah too. Really enjoying her these last few days. It's all feeling very real....in spite of the stupid mask stuff.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I thought Linsey Godfrey did a good job as Kristin-as-Sarah.  I was hoping we'd get to see her play Kristin-as-Sarah in a scene with Sarah but that probably costs too much time and money.

...but does it?

In the 90s, fine, sure...but tech has evolved.

We had SH opposite herself as Kristen and Susan a few weeks ago, right?

And as for split screen, its not so hard if you light it well and park the camera in place.

They could have done it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Since they never really mentioned what year it was before the time jump, I'm going on the assumption that they just went from events in the past to "present day."  I really don't think the idea is supposed to be that Salemites are now living in the future.

Well no. Since the show since it’s debut had its holidays align with the ones in the real world until the TJ. Then the TJ said it moved a year into the future it would indicate its 2022. Also gravestones from that year matched it was 2020 then the TJ happened and few months and NYE so if we’re in 2021 then Salem is a year ahead of that. 

• Love 1

The time jump happened in 2019.  Are you saying that the gravestones (shown in 2020) said 2020 as a death date for people who died in 2019? I never pay close enough attention to notice things like that but I can't imagine Days paying enough attention to detail to do that.  Usually they just had leaves or flowers or something covering the dates as, particularly with SORAS, they don't really want to put birth dates.

I don’t think what I’m saying is complicated. If for decades the show has had holidays match rl holidays. And the gravestones death dates matched the rl years. And then after decades of that precedent one day announced on screen “one year later” .... it would stand to reason that is one year ahead  the previous established timeline. Following what show typed and informed us. 

Now if you think in Salem the entire planet was soras’d one year and then de-sorased during TJ that’s fine but I’m going by the simplest answer and what was told us. It’s not like they incorporate rl shit so if it’s 2022 it’s not gonna make the leagues of viewers panic, it’s not Greys Anatomy or SVU where headlines matter. 

• Love 3

Is it wrong that I screamed "Get her Sarah!"  when Sarah lunged at Kristen with the syringe?  I wish I could say that I was shocked at Kristen's cruelty--humming the wedding march, knowing that she deliberately destroyed Sarah and Xander's relationship--but I'm really not.  There was no reason to hurt Sarah and Xander as badly as she did, it doesn't further her plan to put distance between Chloe and Brady--Kristen could have just sent a text that Sarah went out of town and bought herself some time--Kristen just imploded the Xarah wedding because she could.  But it's okay because she loves Brady and Rachel and can't bear to be apart from them.

The scenes with Chad/Abs and Gwen and Jack were well done by all of the actors--I particularly liked Abby's realizing just how dangerous her anger has become to her sanity and Gwen's desperately hugging Jack while she spoke of Abby's trying to kill her was also a highlight--I even liked Gabi's showing up to throw a wrench in Kate/Jake's relationship.

• Love 13

While Kristen's shapeshifting mask technology is obviously very impressive, can we talk about how she also managed to have the most incredible cellphone reception in the tunnels under the DiMera mansion? Now THAT'S impressive.

• LOL 13

I hated the whole mask thing on GH and I hate it here.  that's not how masks work.  Even if I could buy a mask that totally gave you the face that detailed (which I can't), it won't change your voice, height, body shape, skin tone, gait, and any of the other thousands of differences we have that someone who is about to marry you is probably completely intimate with.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I hated the whole mask thing on GH and I hate it here.  that's not how masks work.  Even if I could buy a mask that totally gave you the face that detailed (which I can't), it won't change your voice, height, body shape, skin tone, gait, and any of the other thousands of differences we have that someone who is about to marry you is probably completely intimate with.

I double dog dare DOOL to pull off this whole "mask" thing with two people of different races. Or is the audience supposed to believe that Dr. Rolf also has some magical formula to THAT conundrum!?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Is it wrong that I screamed "Get her Sarah!"  when Sarah lunged at Kristen with the syringe? 

I did the same thing lol.

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

God Sarah just leave and slam the door wtf

Good point. Sure, I would be tempted to try to kill Kristen too, but be smart, Sarah!

Where were Jack/Bonnie/Gwen supposed to be? Did they redo the Kiriakis living room, too?

Today was a good ep. I don't have much to say about it but I enjoyed what I watched.

• Love 4

Ugh, Gwen's hypocrisy is breathtaking! So Abigail is an unhinged psycho for trying to inject Gwen with the same drug Gwen gave her. And I love how when Jack brought that up she said it was no excuse. I guess Gwen doesn't believe in tit for tat.

I don't know if the writers have just forgotten, or are trying to gloss over what happened when Rex and Sarah were married, but I'm not sure why Rex is acting like he was the only one who messed up badly and has to thank his lucky stars to get another chance with Sarah. Rex cheating, multiple times, was definitely gross, but the last time they were together Sarah was the one who cheated on him - with his brother. It feels like either the show or Rex has completely forgotten about that.

I'm a little torn about this Xander/Sarah storyline. On the one hand, it feels rushed. On the other hand, I loathe that paring so I don't really care how they break them up. On the one hand, I do like Sarah away from Xander and she doesn't deserve what's happening to her. On the other hand, Xander sucks and it feels like a little bit of karma for him to suffer like this. But, in the last scene, we got a preview of Xander's woobie face returning and I'm not sure anything is worth having to put up with that for any length of time.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Today was a good ep. I don't have much to say about it but I enjoyed what I watched.

Yep. I liked it too.  I thought the LG scenes were good, especially with Rex.  Gwen, Jack, Chad and Abigail were good as well.  There was nothing ridiculous in those scenes, just good conversation.  I could say the same for Sarah and Xander until I remember it was actually Kristen. I'm glad the show seems to remember that Gabi owns the DiMera mansion. 

So I'm wondering what Kristen is planning on doing.  Is she going to run off with Rex as Sarah but leave him to come back as Susan?  Go back and forth?  Just ditch him? 

• Love 7

I felt bad for Xander and Sarah today. Sarah trying to fight her way to Xander to get married today. Screaming for Dimeras and if nobody needs wine. Lol.

Gwen is something else..it's ok for her to drug and permanently damage Abby and have no consequence for it. Abby does eye for an eye and Gwen is acting like a victim to daddy?  She's saying she dropped the vendetta? When? She was faking a black eye with make up a few weeks ago. And it's a tad late for Gwen to end vengeance, she should be in jail.

After all Gwen did to Abby, I likes seeing angry and vengeful Abby. Chad should be on the receiving end of some of that also.

• Love 6