Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Agreed....but I'm astonished the show just tossed away their reunion sex like this...it could have been built up over months. Them gradually getting attracted to each other again...but no. When was the last time Lucas and Sami even slept together? A decade ago?? This should have been a bigger deal.

Lucas is a chump. The last time they were together was when Sami and Rafe were getting a divorce because he found out that she cheated on him with EJ. EJ was distracted trying to prove that he was the father of Nicole's baby.

Meanwhile Lucas came into town from Hong Kong where he had a fiancee named Autumn but he broke things off to reconnect with Sami who was rebounding from her broken marriage. He even moved in with her (because he also a mooch) and lived with her and the kids for 2 months before he moved out when she once again couldn't stay away from EJ.

• Useful 2

Chloe, Nicole, Chanel, and Paulina were the highlights of the episode. I smiled every time they were on screen.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I find it supremely sad that Nicole is now pushing Chloe to go after Brady The Prize, as if she wasn't fighting tooth and nail to be his wife only a few short years ago...these gals both know there's no point in being with Brady...he's always cycling through relationships. What's wrong with Chloe, hearing about how Brady knocked up Kristen inadvertantly because of his intense feelings for Nicole and thinking, "yeah - this guy's what I want!"

I thought the same thing, especially since Chloe was on canvas at the time and had no feelings for Brady. This is when the show was toying with pairing her with Stefan, I believe. That being said, considering Nicole infected Chloe with a flesh-eating bacteria that caused Chloe to have to fake her on death and sing at her own funeral, this odd and peculiar circumstance doesn't seem the most outrageous thing to happen to them. I was so happy to have a Chloe/Nicole scene that I overlooked that outlandishness, but it is so odd to hear characters summarize their histories sometime. At least Nicole looked great and was enjoyable. Why can't we get more Chloe/Nicole scenes? They work so well together.

I thought Xander's last name was Cook? I know the show has referred to him as Xander Kirakis for a while now, but I thought it was in the same way the show would randomly have Brady say he was Brady Kirakis. I didn't think it was legally Xander's name. Personally, I enjoy the change. 

Seeing Chanel be so jubilant about her quickie marriage to Xander was fun. I love marriages of opportunity, and while I'm certain this won't be a major storyline, so far I'm liking the two together. Not in a supercouple, us against the world, greatest love story ever told after Ben/Ciara way, but in a I don't hate them way. I hope they continue giving Chanel this Erica Kane type vibe. I love it!

I actually liked Lani in her scene with Paulina. Not with Eli, just with Paulina. Does anyone remember when the show was positioning Lani as a villain during her brief Lani/Shawn/Belle storyline and then dropped it. Didn't Lani also not know who the father of her first child was between JJ and Eli? I don't think that's the example you want Chanel to follow, Paulina.

I forgot Lucas/Sami were on at one point. This has been an horrific Sami return. 

Does Tate no longer exist? When was the last time he was mentioned as it was awkward to hear Nicole talk about Brady/Chloe/Parker/Rachel with no mention of his second child. Also, Chloe I love you, but one of Brady's baby mamas left you in Mexico to be raped for decades and the other baby mama just held you at gunpoint. Are you sure that's who you want to be connected to for life?

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I was so happy to have a Chloe/Nicole scene that I overlooked that outlandishness, but it is so odd to hear characters summarize their histories sometime. At least Nicole looked great and was enjoyable. Why can't we get more Chloe/Nicole scenes? They work so well together.

Oh for sure. I enjoyed Nicole just being a supporting player/friend. I kinda wish she would stay that way until Eric returns because I'm sure Ron will ruin her when she gets her own plotline. I would love to see these two gals with their kids at the park, just being Moms.

That being said, considering Nicole infected Chloe with a flesh-eating bacteria that caused Chloe to have to fake her on death and sing at her own funeral, this odd and peculiar circumstance doesn't seem the most outrageous thing to happen to them.

Wait...what?! She sang at her own funeral? 😆 In what disguise? And no one recognized her voice??

• Love 4

Does Tate no longer exist? When was the last time he was mentioned as it was awkward to hear Nicole talk about Brady/Chloe/Parker/Rachel with no mention of his second child.

He, mercifully, is being protected from his idiot father by living with Theresa in California.

Does anyone remember when the show was positioning Lani as a villain during her brief Lani/Shawn/Belle storyline and then dropped it. Didn't Lani also not know who the father of her first child was between JJ and Eli? I don't think that's the example you want Chanel to follow, Paulina.

*raises hand* Oh Oh! I remember!

Lani has certainly had her history rewritten a wee bit. Now she's just so dang perfect, ain't she?

• Love 4

Seeing Chanel be so jubilant about her quickie marriage to Xander was fun. I love marriages of opportunity, and while I'm certain this won't be a major storyline, so far I'm liking the two together. Not in a supercouple, us against the world, greatest love story ever told after Ben/Ciara way, but in a I don't hate them way. I hope they continue giving Chanel this Erica Kane type vibe. I love it!

I'm sort of with you, as long as they DON'T go all TWU WUV.  I want them to actually be fun -  to team up to be a thorn in people's side.  Not necessarily do anything bad or illegal, just irritate people.  I'm hoping they both figure out they know exactly who the other person is, and use that to cause a bit of mayhem.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Didn't Lani also not know who the father of her first child was between JJ and Eli?

Lani knew that Eli was the father because she and JJ were broken up and got back from together when JJ thought he was going to be a father. But that is okay because Lani was going to be a mother.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh for sure. I enjoyed Nicole just being a supporting player/friend. I kinda wish she would stay that way until Eric returns because I'm sure Ron will ruin her when she gets her own plotline. I would love to see these two gals with their kids at the park, just being Moms.

Wait...what?! She sang at her own funeral? 😆 In what disguise? And no one recognized her voice??

Hahaha! Yes, she did! This was when the other guy who now plays Rex was playing Brady. Something happened to the C.D. - do you remember those? - and it wouldn't play. Chloe and Nancy were hiding out in the tech room, and someone - Brady maybe - was planning to go into the room to check on the C.D. Chloe then had to sing and pretend to be the C.D. of her voice and sing at her funeral to prevent people from entering the room. 

Brady had a suspicion that it couldn't possibly be a C.D., but Nicole - who was a villain at the time - convinced him otherwise. Nicole also knew Chloe was alive and hiding out in a facility thanks to Sami/Stan.

I'm sure I'm missing some details as this was more than a decade ago, but those are the details I remember.

Just another day in the neighborhood!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Agreed....but I'm astonished the show just tossed away their reunion sex like this...it could have been built up over months. Them gradually getting attracted to each other again...but no. When was the last time Lucas and Sami even slept together? A decade ago?? This should have been a bigger deal.

It would be funny if Sami got pregnant over their tryst.  A full circle moment when they conceived Will years ago.  That was a touching scene between them.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

EJ was presumed dead during that romp. But Sami was definitely the “other woman” during the Rafe/Hope thing.

Well Rafe/Hope did breakup before that so no Rafe didn't cheat on Hope he was however dishonest with her about the whole thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I liked this episode.

Didn’t like Channel or Xander. But I like them together today! They will definitely be cohorts in an extortion scam w/Paulina

I am not an Abigail fan..so the evil in me liked her walking in on that whopper of an ending

Maybe that’s why I kind of don’t mind  Gwen right now, but Jack is irritating me with his over zealous new daddy routine. It’s wayyyyy too much.

Lani and Eli sooooo boring. Never been a fan. 

looking forward to more Philip and Gwen scenes. I love JKJ Philip and since his return, this is the best I’ve seen him do. I was discouraged with his demeanor, and am hopeful now.

Why don’t I care for Jake? Can’t put my finger on if it’s the actor..character..or both.

I don’t post much on forums..recent lurker since starting watching again, so I hope I’m in the right place

♥️love reading all your posts!♥️

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 10

Kristen has become the one thing that can never be forgiven on a soap - tedious.  Apparently the writers never get out of their bubbles or read ANY social media or message boards.  I really wonder what percentage of fans want them together over the (I suspect) VAST percent of fans who JUST DON'T CARE.  Kristen is not amusing, she is not interesting and she has done nothing to move any plot along except the one that many people did NOT want.  It's time for her to be REALLY, REALLY (FOR REAL) DEAD.

Kristen being tedious is not a new phenomenon as far as I'm concerned, the character has been pointless, ridiculous and boring for ages now. Additionally, while I have enjoyed Stacy Haiduk in other roles I just can't with her version of Kristen or Susan. I just can't.

Nearly the only time I enjoy Sami is with Lucas. So naturally this won't last.

I don't know, I mean I know Brady is an idiot and certainly no prize but I'd kind of like to see Brady and Chloe together. Stop throwing things at me!

I maybe alone in this but I do miss Sarah.

• Love 9

I miss Sarah too. 

the news COVID update interpreted the show for me.  Last viewed was Chanel saying a different name.  Susan questions Sami about Lucas and Brady telling Chloe he knows about her feelings for him.   
did I miss anything ?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

Kristen being tedious is not a new phenomenon as far as I'm concerned, the character has been pointless, ridiculous and boring for ages now. Additionally, while I have enjoyed Stacy Haiduk in other roles I just can't with her version of Kristen or Susan. I just can't.

Nearly the only time I enjoy Sami is with Lucas. So naturally this won't last.

I don't know, I mean I know Brady is an idiot and certainly no prize but I'd kind of like to see Brady and Chloe together. Stop throwing things at me!

I maybe alone in this but I do miss Sarah.

I agree with your post and I wish that I could like it one thousand times.

I miss Sara and I want Brady and Chloe to get together.  They should have done a Brady/Chloe/Philip story with a dash of Shelle and Jan Spears years ago...

This show never uses it's rich history to drive stories. It is maddening..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I liked this episode.

Didn’t like Channel or Xander. But I like them together today! They will definitely be cohorts in an extortion scam w/Paulina

I am not an Abigail fan..so the evil in me liked her walking in on that whopper of an ending

Maybe that’s why I kind of don’t mind  Gwen right now, but Jack is irritating me with his over zealous new daddy routine. It’s wayyyyy too much.

Lani and Eli sooooo boring. Never been a fan. 

looking forward to more Philip and Gwen scenes. I love JKJ Philip and since his return, this is the best I’ve seen him do. I was discouraged with his demeanor, and am hopeful now.

Why don’t I care for Jake? Can’t put my finger on if it’s the actor..character..or both.

I don’t post much on forums..recent lurker since starting watching again, so I hope I’m in the right place

♥️love reading all your posts!♥️

Hey Chellfairy!  Welcome and please post more.  Nobody here bites unless you ask nicely😁

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

This show never uses it's rich history to drive stories. It is maddening..

The writers are incompetent and incapable. It's sad to see what US soaps have become. And the people put in charge of writing the shows don't seem to understand nor care about the genre at all. There are plenty of shows in prime time that are soaps or at least soap adjacent and yet in daytime seemingly no one can manage it anymore.

And sorry it's not all down to budget. Certainly the shows suffer from having low budgets I don't deny that but stories can still be told well. Writing story lines focused on characters does not require a big budget.  Is it ridiculous that half the town lives at the Kiriakis mansion and the other half at a hotel? Of course, but I accept that because I understand the set situation. What I cannot accept is this continued lame story telling. I've watched soaps my whole life, but I am about ready to quit because the folks in charge just do not care.

Anyway back to the actual show because I forgot this:

Jack is irritating me with his over zealous new daddy routine. It’s wayyyyy too much.

Could not agree more. It's ridiculous.

I'm sort of with you, as long as they DON'T go all TWU WUV.  I want them to actually be fun -  to team up to be a thorn in people's side.  Not necessarily do anything bad or illegal, just irritate people.  I'm hoping they both figure out they know exactly who the other person is, and use that to cause a bit of mayhem.

That would actually be fun. So it won't happen. We can never, ever have nice things on this show. If it isn't short lived, then it will be twu wuv until Sarah returns.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I miss Sarah too. 

the news COVID update interpreted the show for me.  Last viewed was Chanel saying a different name.  Susan questions Sami about Lucas and Brady telling Chloe he knows about her feelings for him.   
did I miss anything ?

Same here, we had the Covid Press conference interrupt half of DAYS.  And I too miss Sarah...she was lively & silly at times & had chemistry with Xander.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Maybe Jack and Gwen can meet with a family therapist to decide what sort of adult parent-child relationship they both want and how to make it work without guilt or obligation. It's tough to be 30 and find your bio-parent. I did like her telling him that no one has ever asked how she was doing. And Abigail walking in at the end to hear either about Baby Chad or Baby Steffy. If I was Chad, I would want a paternity test - away from Salem.

So, Greek God With an 8 Pack Xander has met his new mom-in-law. Paulina, a lot of this is on you. You created the grifter/con artist daughter. Maybe take her home and go over the 'legality' of the marriage to a guy who doesn't even know her name. Eli has a few details about Chanel trying to work Theo to provide for her. Can't imagine why she doesn't want her own money that she has earned on her own. Getting married to someone you don't know is not likely to work out. And Eli, get Paulina's baby cheque in the account and cleared before her daughter extorts her. And Michelle/Chanel has no idea who the Kiriakis family is and may find herself on a deserted Greek Island.

So Susan Banks's mind went to Sami and Lucas hooking up. I liked Sami's caginess. It's none of Susan's business. And then comes off the teeth and the mask. Hello Kristen. Uh, Sami can most likely outscheme you.

Time for Brady to go on some vacation, away from Susan Banks, Kristen and Chloe.

• Love 5

I miss Sarah.  And I liked Xarah but they weren't necessarily OTP for me.  It's really hard for me to reconcile her forgiving him for the baby switch and part of me always hoped she'd eventually find some new guy to be paired with. Eventually.

I'm loving Xander and Chanel so far if only because their story is bringing the funny.  I don't think Paul Telfer is always the world's strongest actor, especially in heavily emotional scenes, but his reaction shots today were A+. The way he dropped his shoulders in resignation when he realized he was Xavier or how he laughed when Paulina wanted to know if he had an 8 pack and his look of horror when Eli called Chanel too young for him, it was all just so much fun. 

And I think I might have even detected some genuine chem during the "extra what?" and "well wee wifey, you better order cereal" exchange.  Precious Way's Chanel felt her most real today.

And today's scenes reminded me of just how much I genuinely am invested in Eli in any scenes he has that are unrelated to Lani.  I'm glad Paulina's around for him. 

I just can't with the Sami and Kristen story.  While the scenes weren't bad to watch, Sami has all the cards here.  She knows Susan is Kristen.  She knows Kristen can't prove she slept with Lucas.  And whatever Kristen might claim about convincing people about Sami's guilt, Kristen being exposed makes her even less credible. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I just can't with the Sami and Kristen story.  While the scenes weren't bad to watch, Sami has all the cards here.  She knows Susan is Kristen.  She knows Kristen can't prove she slept with Lucas.  And whatever Kristen might claim about convincing people about Sami's guilt, Kristen being exposed makes her even less credible. 

Kristen helped to keep EJ away from Sami and the kids for 4 years, trapped with Rolf and the other dead people. Not to mention her previous crime of raping Eric that cause trouble for EJ's relationship with Sami which then led to his sleeping with Abby.

Why would EJ listen to anything that Kristen had to say to him?

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And today's scenes reminded me of just how much I genuinely am invested in Eli in any scenes he has that are unrelated to Lani.  I'm glad Paulina's around for him. 

Eli is such a find and it is too bad that the show cannot give him a good story. He is still a new character with no real backstory surely the writers can come up with something interesting to do with him..

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

Eli is such a find and it is too bad that the show cannot give him a good story. He is still a new character with no real backstory surely the writers can come up with something interesting to do with him..

I suggest a criminal nemesis from his FBI days who wants revenge and kills Lani leaving Eli to be a single dad of twins and working at the Salem PD.

It worked for Drake when he first played Roman. And Ron loves to repeat past stories.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Xander calling Paulina "Mama" was hilarious.  I don't know how Chanel got that marriage license but I'm hoping that somehow she really did get married to Xander.  I like how others, possibly innocent bystanders, are being dragged into the adversarial undercurrent of Paulina and Chanel's relationship.  

For as much I'm ready for this Kristin-Susan-Switcheroo nonsense to be over, I did enjoy Sami vs. Kristin.  If Kristin would be lying to EJ about Sami sleeping with Lucas that would be one thing, but she'd be telling the truth, so I can see why Sami wouldn't want to have to lie to EJ/claim Kristin isn't be truthful right after she cheated on her husband.  

I like Jack wanting to be supportive of Gwen.  It's not like it's out of character for him.  Even better that it puts him in the middle of Gwen and Abigail.  It's pretty much a lose-lose situation for him.  It's up to him to realize that he can be a loving, supportive father to both of them, even if they hate each other, but that option probably isn't on the Plot Point Dartboard in the Writers's Room.  

• Love 6

That leather jacket Gwen is wearing is very popular in daytime. Do they all shop at the same stores in LA? LOL!!!!

I still can’t tell that Marci Miller is pregnant. I wonder how long ago she shot this? She looks amazing. I love her as Abigail and how she basically wants to hurl when Jack or Chad suggest she be nice to Gwen. Hopefully, she won’t be long from our screens. She’s either going to visit Jennifer or go into therapy for a few months. 

Xander was hysterical with Chanel, Paulina and Eli. He’s standing there half naked cracking the one liners left and right. Paul Telfer is amazing at both drama and comedy. 

• Love 7

I liked Chloe and Brady's scenes. I disagree with Chloe that Brady is a good person and a great father, but I guffawed when she said he was wasting his life and Kristen was a terrible nutjob. (I forgot the exact quote). It was nice to see Chloe have some fire and be assertive again. Chloe was never a particularly "nice" person, and I like when writers give her some of her snark back. I also liked EM's reactions. He actually seemed like he was lying to himself about his feelings regarding Chloe and literally running away from them. 

Michelle/Xavier/Paulina were great. Why was Chanel acting like she'd never met Eli before? She kept referring to him as the cop or the police. Um, this is your 1st cousin's husband who you recently met. Maybe she finds him as forgettable as I do.

Sami/Kristen were okay but nothing too memorable.

Abby/Gwen. I don't understand why people are acting like these are 12 year olds who live together and must find some common ground for greater household peace. They are grown women in their late 20s/Early 30s with less than a year of history of simply being friendly to each other in an employer/employee role. Who cares if Abby hates Gwen?

I wish Jennifer was on canvas. I think I would care more if there were some Jennifer/Abby/Jack and even Jennifer/Gwen scenes. 

Whisper - I almost forgot Laura died. EEK! - Whisper

Oops! I almost forgot! There was a Thelma and Louis and Whitney Houston My Name Isn't Susan reference. How old was the writer of today's episode? Granted I got both references - a millennial - but I thought they were exceptionally odd references to make considering I can't imagine many younger viewers - if Days has any - would catch them.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 3

Yesterday was just chockful of goodies wasn't it?  I mean, who doesn't want more ENDLESS scenes of Kristen/Susan/Batshit Crazy and Loud whoever screeching at Sami who's not too bad at screeching right back about Brady?  Has Salem run out of canned hams?  Kristen can't order one online and have it delivered?  At this point I'd think a can of Spam would be a more than adequate substitute for John Black's bouncing baby AARP-ready baby boy.   Any bets on how long this ridiculous blackmail b.s. by Kristen on Sami and Lucas will last?

I know Show is short of money.  They could save a bundle by getting rid of Stacy and when they need Kristen for a scene they could just put a Halloween mask on a broomstick and bang some pots together while blowing a foghorn and PRESTO!, you've got Kristen/Susan.

Chanel and Xavier - I'm calling him that from now on - made me laugh.  I sorta hate to say this since I liked Jackee Harry back in the day but her character seems even too obvious and unfunny for Days.  I don't think Ron C. can write humor much at all and Jackee delivers every line with a sledge hammer and a mug.   Why did he think Show needed another Julie?  Why does he think Show needs even ONE?

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, boes said:

I know Show is short of money.  They could save a bundle by getting rid of Stacy and when they need Kristen for a scene they could just put a Halloween mask on a broomstick and bang some pots together while blowing a foghorn and PRESTO!, you've got Kristen/Susan.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, boes said:

I sorta hate to say this since I liked Jackee Harry back in the day but her character seems even too obvious and unfunny for Days.  I don't think Ron C. can write humor much at all and Jackee delivers every line with a sledge hammer and a mug.

She rushes her lines and finishes them like she knows canned laughter will be added in after.

• Love 7

I just can't deal with Ciara's big wounded eyes whenever someone mentions Ben and then she screeches about all of the bad things done to her but apparently we're supposed to forget that her entire purpose in coming back to Salem was to get revenge on Claire.  I didn't think an actor could be blander then then SS's Lani but now I've seen Theo and the actor has one facial expression.

I find myself liking Phillip and Gabi and I inexplicably want good things for them.  I'm also enjoying the Abby/Gwen/Jack scenes and I'm grateful everyday we have MM playing Abs who has been wonderful throughout this storyline.--KM could play the anger but we also need to see Abigail's vulnerability and pain.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 11

I wish someone would have the balls to tell Ciara that she wouldn't let anyone push back on her about her relationship with Ben. That she went around town screaming to anyone and everyone HOW BEN HAD CHANGED. Enough with this "We just supported what you wanted" crap. 

Also, Ben? Not helping anyone think you're not a psycho.

I get that Abigail is being hit from all sides right now, but she needs to take several seats about pushing Gwen to terminate a pregnancy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

"Were you in the bathroom with her?"  Exactly my question.

"My mother may have stabbed her with a syringe."

Why is Ciara still in the hospital?  Is she being treated for her amnesia? Does she want that?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I wish Jennifer was on canvas. I think I would care more if there were some Jennifer/Abby/Jack and even Jennifer/Gwen scenes. 

I wish Jennifer was on canvass too.  I think she would help balance out the Gwen/Jack versus Abigail scenes.  And despite her personal beliefs/opinion, I really miss Melissa Reeves, and hate that Matthew Ashford is filming, and she's not. ☹️

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I wish someone would have the balls to tell Ciara that she wouldn't let anyone push back on her about her relationship with Ben. That she went around town screaming to anyone and everyone HOW BEN HAD CHANGED. Enough with this "We just supported what you wanted" crap. 

Also, Ben? Not helping anyone think you're not a psycho.

I get that Abigail is being hit from all sides right now, but she needs to take several seats about pushing Gwen to terminate a pregnancy.

I wish someone would tell Ciara one would think it would be Victor since he's blunt but apparently not.

Anyways I don't think Abigail's request to Gwen terminating her pregnancy is worse than Chad asking Abby to do the same thing when they thought Charlotte was Stefan's.

• Love 5

I missed a good chunk of this episode but I loved what I saw. Wow, 3 days in a row with little-to-no fast forwarding from me and me being genuinely entertained. I just wish I thought they could keep it up lol.

I really hope Gwen has an abortion. Listen, Ron, you get to do a topical story and we don't have to be subjected to another pointless baby. It's a win-win!

Gabi and Phillip are so sparkly. I can't believe there are 2 'couples' currently that I am loving. It's really too bad they're both obviously not meant to last.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish someone would tell Ciara one would think it would be Victor since he's blunt but apparently not.

Anyways I don't think Abigail's request to Gwen terminating her pregnancy is worse than Chad asking Abby to do the same thing when they thought Charlotte was Stefan's.

I wasn't watching at that time, so I was unaware of that plot. Neither of the requests is OK, IMO.

I am so hoping for a Pop Up Victor to tell his precious granddaughter to go find Mom and never, ever think of BEN WESTON (like, why does Ciara use his full name each time?) again.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, nilyank said:

I suggest a criminal nemesis from his FBI days who wants revenge and kills Lani leaving Eli to be a single dad of twins and working at the Salem PD.

It worked for Drake when he first played Roman. And Ron loves to repeat past stories.

My favorite era of the show. Drake's Roman was such a wonderful continuation of Wayne's Roman. The show's best recast in my opinion. It is a shame how Roman is so useless in his current incarnation.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why is Ciara still in the hospital? 

I think the Happy Dale Home for the Totally Annoying Howler Monkeys must be currently full.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gabi and Phillip are so sparkly. I can't believe there are 2 'couples' currently that I am loving. It's really too bad they're both obviously not meant to last.

Right? I keep yelling "Get that dick, girl! Forget about boring Jake!" to Gabi.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

How can Ciara afford to stay in the hospital so long? She doesn't need to hog a bed that can be used by an actual patient. Don't think amnesia qualifies you for long term care. Get a room at the Salem Inn or stay at your mom's home.

Theo, the bland expression on your face says it all. Think with the few brain cells you have before pursuing a relationship with Ciara. Unless her memory loss is permanent, you will be waking up one day to the Ciara from this year and not four years ago or whenever. It is not your lucky break and you get to go back to a blast from the past.

Yeah, Abs, your dad wasn't in the bathroom when Gwen took the test. The baby may be Chad's or it may be the Steffy clone. No one knows. You cannot expect Gwen to abort the baby. It's not a necessary one and really has no place as there are way too many babies and blankets on the show already. Unless the show wants to start a reality series of Real Babies of Salem.

Gabi, Philip is a lot more interesting that on and off Jakey. Have a great date with him.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I find myself liking Phillip and Gabi and I inexplicably want good things for them.  I'm also enjoying the Abby/Gwen/Jack scenes and I'm grateful everyday we have MM playing Abs who has been wonderful throughout this storyline.--KM could play the anger but we also need to see Abigail's vulnerability and pain.

All  THIS!!!!! 

17 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really hope Gwen has an abortion. Listen, Ron, you get to do a topical story and we don't have to be subjected to another pointless baby. It's a win-win!

In today's political/cultural environment?!  No way, no how will Gwen have an abortion. DOOL doesn't want to get embroiled in "cancel culture". But I do agree there are already enough babies on the show at the moment. Better to have Gwen miscarry...and I really, really hope that will be the direction of this storyline.

ETA: Abigail even mentioned that the Night of Infamy happened on NYE. If DOOL is contemporaneous with IRL time, it's now mid-April. That means Gwen is four months pregnant. Given the many regressive abortion laws (i.e. "heartbeat law") in many states, Gwen would have to travel to a state (or out of the country!) that would allow an abortion post-1st trimester.

Edited by norcalgal
Forgot to add...
  • Love 2

The other day I thought I liked nuTheo but he was so wooden in his scenes with Chad today that I couldn't be bothered to watch them play chess. 

The only thing that bothered me about Gwen/Jack/Abigail was that Gwen didn't offer up any of her usual snark while Abigail was on a full throttle attack.  Maybe it's smarter for Gwen to portray this version of herself in front of Jack but I'm getting a little worried Those Writers are going to neuter her.  

The Invisible Babies don't bother me.  Gwen has just as much right to a crying blanket as anyone else in Salem, USA.  

Ben loooves Ciara so much that he's considering injecting her with that serum that was designed for the UnDead?  That actually makes sense, lol.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The only thing that bothered me about Gwen/Jack/Abigail was that Gwen didn't offer up any of her usual snark while Abigail was on a full throttle attack.  Maybe it's smarter for Gwen to portray this version of herself in front of Jack but I'm getting a little worried Those Writers are going to neuter her.  

Yea, I keep hoping for a scene where Gwen is by herself and she monologues about how happy she is she's pregnant with Chad's baby because it means Abigail will suffer. But I too am afraid this remorseful act is real and that they've already ruined Gwen. Sigh, let me have my bad girl for fuck's sake!

• Love 5

Can we see the whole card Victor wrote to Ciara?   He is sorry they did not to go to wedding but maybe it’s better since the church blew up lol.   
Finally someone else thinks Ciara should not be with Ben.  Thank you Chad. It makes sense for him too feel this way too.  
so was Gwen acting for Jacks benefit when Abigail was ordering her to have an abortion?   Gwen has never seemed that meek and is very capable of sticking up for herself. 

• Love 3

Oh Ben. BEN WESTON. Lunging at Ciara with the syringe after she told you to back off? Dude. Can this please, please, please be the end of CIN already?

And Kristen? Go away. I don't understand AT ALL why Sami feels Kristen has any power in this scenario. Sami could argue/lie her way out of anything. So why doesn't she just do that if Kristen actually told EJ? I realize this is being done for PLOT! so that poor Lucas has something to do, but it's just beyond pointless.

I will always love Sami and Kate in scenes together. "Congratulations on not being a murderer!" "Well, you didn't plant evidence."

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, RedElf said:

It's dark.  Aren't visiting hours over?

Yes, they mentioned Pocket!

I doubt he cares about visiting hours since he was going to force needle into Ciara. 
Why is Rolf drugs so easily accessible to everyone?

Bens face was truly scary when he lunged at Ciara  

I thinks Sami is bored and it might be fun to play with Lucas and Chloe for a while.  They are more fun then Allie.  

• Love 2