Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

But no one talked about who'd watch Henry if she actually got a job.  that's the trickier and more expensive prospect.

Probably Nicole, who only appears to be a CEO with nothing but free time.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’m for Gabi/Philip too. If it were me, these would be the pairings:

Philip/Gabi

Brady/Chloe

Sami/Lucas

EJ/Nicole

Chad/Abby

Shawn/Belle

@TenaciousWarrior  wow - you and I must share a brain because I agree with you on each and every one of these pairings.  Alas, we may have to settle for just 2-3 of these to be canon (there's always fanfic!). 

• Love 2

I'm playing catch-up again...

Hearing Claire and Marlena beg Ciara to hate anyone "...but puhleeeeeze not Bennn!" made me want to set myself on fire.

"Everything I thought I'd been denied of..."

Gwen....that ain't proper English. Did anyone else hear that and wince?

Abifail is giving such pissy finger-waving indignation over her grandma's death when clenched-toothed rage and tears would feel more appropriate. Where's the sorrow? The "hold me back!" intensity? I usually am okay with this actress' choices and energy but lately I can't help but think about how good Judi Evans was at showing firery tearful hate on Another World back in the day. Marci needs some of that. She's coming off more "mean girl whose boyfriend you stole" than "woman on the verge of ripping you apart for killing a family member".

I had to wonder as Chanel went through Xandy's wallet whether it was fake money or Paul Telfer's own cash. The show certainly  doesn't seem like it has twenties to spare.

Interesting how non-lethal this crushed Xander is. In the past, I could imagine him going off the rails if dumped like this. I know he's been 'redeemed' and all but...I'm proud of him for not bombing a building or shooting someone.

Abe and Paulina are a huuuge "no". I'm glad he's not with Kate or T-boz...but this isn't any better.

Maybe he and Roman could....you know....take turns dyeing the white out of each other's hair? Stir the chowder? Polish the bar? Mix the cocktails?

At this point they're practically out of viable alternatives...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The show has basically bee pre-empted here for the trial coverage.  It's annoying to have to wait until it uploads to Peacock or record the overnight reairing when there's something I want to watch but at least on days like today, I'm not tempted to have it on in the background anyway.

I tried to read a recap but even that made me eyes glaze over. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Was there any Chanel/Xander or Phillip/Gabi today? If so, I'll watch on Peacock. If not, eh, we'll see lol.

Nope. A whole lotta Allie/Tripp falling in luuuuuuuv, and the big "reveal" that Jan killed Charlie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Nope. A whole lotta Allie/Tripp falling in luuuuuuuv, and the big "reveal" that Jan killed Charlie.

is it just the audience that now knows Jan killed Charlie, or does someone in the show know?  And did the episode answer how Jan got Belle's jacket?  (yes, show was pre-empted in my time zone too)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

So glad Belle’s not the killer. I’m so interested in this story now that it’s been revealed that Jan did it!

Is it a red herring or did she really do it..  

• Love 1

Jan broke in to Marlena’s office, broke the lock on her desk, and listened to the session recording with John.

Any evidence against Belle is circumstantial. So what if she was at home? A lot of people spend time alone at home. Trask is just looking for a suspect.

Jan, lay off Claire. She is probably right that you still want her dad.

If Tripp went to all that trouble to get the clam chowder, eat it when it is hot. No one will want to nuke it in the microwave.

It was a sweet moment to see Tripp come full circle from his abusive past, to apologize to both Steve and Kayla for how he treated them, how being family with them changed him, him deciding to be a doctor by being around Kayla, and then tell them both he was changing his surname to Johnson. The actor really lit up during those scenes.

He and Allie being smitten is kinda boring. Maybe if Allie had more spark. And she is right, he starts his medical school stuff and isn’t Henry’s sitter.

• Love 3

It’s on brand for Jan to kill a rapist. 

we all called this bullshit. I wish it was Allie or Claire so either would be ushered off for a fresh start but their too bland and low vibrational to open a can of pickles let alone snuff a creep. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Clam chowder and apple pie? That sounds like an exceptionally strange pairing. I don't eat chowder, but is it really something you pair with white wine?

Tripp said he'll never forget where he came from; something tells me the writers will. 

Can a District Attorney read people their Miranda Rights? Google seems to say no, but Trask threatened to read them to Belle? I liked the other Trask more. I'm not sure if the actress was better, the writing was better, or both; however, the new Trask doesn't come off too bright. Arresting someone over a mass produced coat button seems like a flimsy case.

Allie is "mooching" off Nicole. Aren't Sami, Kate, and John and Marlena insanely rich. Why is the show acting like Allie is living paycheck to paycheck all of a sudden?

Jan, as always, is the MVP. I really, really despised the thought of Jan as the killer, but she did sell it well. I loved the look and the "Sorry, Charlie." Can we get rid of Ava and keep Jan?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It was a sweet moment to see Tripp come full circle from his abusive past, to apologize to both Steve and Kayla for how he treated them, how being family with them changed him, him deciding to be a doctor by being around Kayla, and then tell them both he was changing his surname to Johnson. The actor really lit up during those scenes.

I'm sorry to miss this but not sorry enough to watch the ep on Peacock lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

Can a District Attorney read people their Miranda Rights? Google seems to say no, but Trask threatened to read them to Belle?

It’s shocking the amount of legal things and prison stuff Ron gets wrong considering he was a lawyer irl. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Clam chowder and apple pie? That sounds like an exceptionally strange pairing. I don't eat chowder, but is it really something you pair with white wine?

Tripp said he'll never forget where he came from; something tells me the writers will. 

Can a District Attorney read people their Miranda Rights? Google seems to say no, but Trask threatened to read them to Belle? I liked the other Trask more. I'm not sure if the actress was better, the writing was better, or both; however, the new Trask doesn't come off too bright. Arresting someone over a mass produced coat button seems like a flimsy case.

Allie is "mooching" off Nicole. Aren't Sami, Kate, and John and Marlena insanely rich. Why is the show acting like Allie is living paycheck to paycheck all of a sudden?

Jan, as always, is the MVP. I really, really despised the thought of Jan as the killer, but she did sell it well. I loved the look and the "Sorry, Charlie." Can we get rid of Ava and keep Jan?

Tripp really hasn’t mentioned his background in a long time. I too wonder if some long lost family member will show up in the near future.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Tripp really hasn’t mentioned his background in a long time. I too wonder if some long lost family member will show up in the near future.

He has estranged adoptive parents, and probably psycho step siblings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I loved Paulina's dress.  I'm a big fan of color.

I had a tough time with Abe going through all of Xander's misdeeds knowing there's a serial killer out there and no one holds it against him.  I would think Abe would've wrapped with "but he has been on the straight and narrow most recently."  It's not that I think Abe should pretend that Xander hasn't done the things he has done but sheesh.  In Salem terms, Xander's crimes are all in the past.

I'm loving Xander more lately than I have in a long time.  I like Xarah but this Xander and Chanel stuff is pure comedy.  Paul T is especially shining with this material and his "I respect the game but it's not going to end so easily."

Marci Miller is really doing great work.  I kind of saw Abigail and Gwen on even ground after Abigail kidnapped Gwen but I really felt her pain of thinking she was going crazy again and having to be away from her family for months. 

I was happy for a Jack and Steve scene but what tragedy have they done to MAsh's hair?  And why would anyone trust the results that come from Kayla after the Henry DNA disaster?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I loved Paulina's dress.  I'm a big fan of color.

I had a tough time with Abe going through all of Xander's misdeeds knowing there's a serial killer out there and no one holds it against him.  I would think Abe would've wrapped with "but he has been on the straight and narrow most recently."  It's not that I think Abe should pretend that Xander hasn't done the things he has done but sheesh.  In Salem terms, Xander's crimes are all in the past.

I'm loving Xander more lately than I have in a long time.  I like Xarah but this Xander and Chanel stuff is pure comedy.  Paul T is especially shining with this material and his "I respect the game but it's not going to end so easily."

Marci Miller is really doing great work.  I kind of saw Abigail and Gwen on even ground after Abigail kidnapped Gwen but I really felt her pain of thinking she was going crazy again and having to be away from her family for months. 

I was happy for a Jack and Steve scene but what tragedy have they done to MAsh's hair?  And why would anyone trust the results that come from Kayla after the Henry DNA disaster?

To be fair, Kayla worded those results as "Henry shares DNA with Tripp." They purposely left it like that for what we now know re: Charlie being the father. 

I hate that they wrote a strong, independent woman like Paulina to immediately blame herself as a "bad mother" because Chanel is a spoiled brat. Did Paulina's raising of Chanel play into that? Of course. But it irked me as poor writing from a man known to not be able to write strong women (or women, period).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I am finally enjoying Xander again, too. PT is so much better with this kind of thing than whatever the hell Xander/Sarah was imo.

Super bummed Gwen is going to have the baby. NO MORE BABIES! This is actually a great story though. It's the first time maybe ever that I've actually really loved Abigail and I like being able to like and understand both women. Chad I can still take or leave though lol.

• Love 9

Jacks new hairstyle distracted me a bit.   Maybe hair salons and barbershop have not opened un Salem yet.   Jack must have an old flowbee.  
always like Steve and Jack together.  
Kayla was vey unprofessional with Gwen.   If she had such a issue she should have called in a different doctor.   
During the ultrasound Kayla made a face.    Was wondering If something was wrong with baby or maybe Gwen was furthering along. Nothing was said so maybe Gwen just tooted.   

• LOL 1

Glad Abby threw back at Chad how he behaved when they thought Charlotte was Stefan's. Chad gets forgiven for alot and still expects Abby to put up with it when he was the one running around screaming at her over having an affair with Jake BC of Gwen.

There's no way Abby will put up with this situation. She's already put up with too much and have into moving back home too fast. 

Jack needs to listen and hear Abby's side of being drugged and what Gwen did to her, and Gwen's excuse that it is Laura's fault doesn't give her free reign to drug people. Jack keeps wanting them to be bosom buddies is ridiculous.

• Love 10

Chad resents Abby for the wrong things (her mental illness, being raped by Stefan). He should've resented her for faking her death, not taking her mental health seriously, and marrying other men in between marriages to him she unilaterally ended.

That I would be more inclined to be on his side for. Otherwise neither of them have any self awareness and I don't really get why they want to be together. They had a good story 6 years ago and are living off of that now but the current version of this pairing either need to go their separate ways or written off the show together. There's nothing about this couple that give the audience a reason to think why should they be together? At least with other pairings they have past reputation to fall back on.

The current couples? Not so much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I hate that they wrote a strong, independent woman like Paulina to immediately blame herself as a "bad mother" because Chanel is a spoiled brat. Did Paulina's raising of Chanel play into that? Of course. But it irked me as poor writing from a man known to not be able to write strong women (or women, period).

I see your point but parents will always blame themselves for their children's failings. I think it was a very natural thing for Paulina to do..  I don't think it makes her weak whatsoever..

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Poor Chanel, realizing that she had the poor judgment to marry someone 'poor'. That is what happens when you see a man through his wallet and a few random $20 bills. All that glitters is not the solution to your problem in not wanting to job. Yeah, a lot of people are allergic to work. Time for the divorce or just shred up the fake marriage document.

Maybe if she wasn't so young, she'd be a bit more of a match for Xander.

Abe, you don't have to give Xander's full-life story to Paulina. She knows her baby girl only married Xander because Theo dumped her and wouldn't pay for her to go back to South Africa. So she found a Plan B within a couple of hours. Abe, everyone in Salem has a pretty sordid past. Xander has been a bit better than most of the town's citizens.

Eli holds and feeds the boy and Lani feeds the girl? Yeah, your kids may not stay young and sweet forever.

There aren't any other doctors for Gwen to have her consultation with? That's right, Sarah is gone. It would make Kayla a bit uncomfortable. However, she is a doctor and a patient is a patient no matter who it is.

I liked Abs and Chad. Hated Jack's hair.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Glad Abby threw back at Chad how he behaved when they thought Charlotte was Stefan's. Chad gets forgiven for alot and still expects Abby to put up with it when he was the one running around screaming at her over having an affair with Jake BC of Gwen.

There's no way Abby will put up with this situation. She's already put up with too much and have into moving back home too fast. 

Jack needs to listen and hear Abby's side of being drugged and what Gwen did to her, and Gwen's excuse that it is Laura's fault doesn't give her free reign to drug people. Jack keeps wanting them to be bosom buddies is ridiculous.

I wish I could heart this post a million bazillion times. ITA to each.and.every.point of your post. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I see your point but parents will always blame themselves for their children's failings. I think it was a very natural thing for Paulina to do..  I don't think it makes her weak whatsoever..

This dynamic between Paulina and Chanel is what I find fascinating about them.  It's clear that Paulina has "spoiled" Chanel, and understandable that Paulina wants Chanel to make her own way but now she feels guilty and wants to fix everything. It's like Paulina can't get out of her own way, and Chanel likely knows exactly how to get what she wants out of her mother.

Paulina's reactions to all of Xander's dirty deeds was hilarious but, unfortunately, Jackee Harry is not the best cry-er.    

Jack's hair made me think of the episode of Seinfeld where they had to get the low-flow shower heads, which gave them all flat hair, and it distracted me through every scene.  

Marci Miller is doing such a great job of playing layers of emotion with Abigail's life seemingly falling apart, and freaking Billy Flynn starting smirking at the end of that scene and it really pissed me off that he couldn't even stay in it.  That said, I thought he did a good job of playing Chad's curiosity about whether Gwen was having his baby.   

Ha!  I loved that Gwen's maternal instinct kicked in and she wanted to see the screen.  

keep the baby.jpg

Ball's in your court, Abigail!  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 7

You know, if KM was still playing Princess Abs, I'd be loving watching how gutted she's been by Chad's betrayal and Gwen's pregnancy, but MM plays Abby's pain and heartache so believably that I actually feel sorry for her--I feel sorry for Gwen too and I appreciate that the show is letting her be sympathetic as well.  

Ciara, on the other hand, is completely obnoxious--wasn't it just wonderful watching her sit in her hospital bed, surrounded by bouquets of flowers, contemplating all of the people who adore her worthless ass?  Theo was already shown to be bland but now he appears to be stupid as well--DAMN!!

• Love 13

Of course Gwen doesn't want an abortion.  There's a lot of DiMera money.

Since when did Kayla stick to HIPAA rules?

So Lani earned everything.  Her being the mayor's daughter had nothing to do with it?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I really like ID’s Claire. She and Ben have chemistry. I would want them to hook up, but Claire would just be thrown under the bus for Ciara when she returns. 

I can already picture the following:

Some time has passed (IRL and in the show). Ciara still hasn't recovered her memory but insists that even if it returned, she still wouldn't be with Ben. Ciara keeps insisting this for weeks/months on end.

Ben finally believes her, and since Claire is also on Ciara's sh*& list, the two find comfort and companionship with each other. That leads to them falling in lust. 

As Ben & Claire have sex together for the first time, Ciara recovers her memory and realizes she does in fact love Ben - and sees Ben/Claire doing the deed. More drama ensues...

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Marci Miller is doing such a great job of playing layers of emotion with Abigail's life seemingly falling apart, [snip]

Ball's in your court, Abigail!  

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

You know, if KM was still playing Princess Abs, I'd be loving watching how gutted she's been by Chad's betrayal and Gwen's pregnancy, but MM plays Abby's pain and heartache so believably that I actually feel sorry for her- [snip]

I've always been a tepid Chabigail fan (at least when MM has portrayed Abby). But I just don't see how the two come back from this. Most marriages have challenges when extramarital sex leads to a pregnancy, but considering what GWEN has done to Abby?! 

Abby also made good points to Chad about how the Gwad baby will inevitably come between them (Chad will come running when the baby is sick, or needs daddy for some reason or other). And like Abby said, how do they explain to Thomas/Charlotte daddy is having a baby with someone else?

Further, this all started because, as Abby pointed out many moons ago - Chad didn't trust/believe Abby. He trusted/believed Gwen instead, and that led to him being easy to manipulate. 

I do believe Gwen is being sincere in saying 1) she wished the pregnancy hadn't happened; and 2) she's going through with the pregnancy but NOT as another way to mess with Abigail.

Color me surprised Kayla actually mentioned something I posted before:  that depending on the state "Salem" is in, the abortion laws might make it difficult/impossible for Gwen to have an abortion even if she wanted to go that route.  So according to Kayla, Gwen couldn't easily get an abortion anyway.

Anyhoo, tldr; just my way of saying I think this spells curtains for Chabigail. 

• Love 6

I actually don't feel bad for Abby tbh even though I'm supposed to. 

Tbh I don't feel bad for anyone on this show their reactions are all OTT for me to find it plausible an actual human reacts this way. If anything I'm apathetic to what's currently going on and root for every character I like to leave or never come back.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Anyhoo, tldr; just my way of saying I think this spells curtains for Chabigail. 

You would really think lol. This story is just further proof of how much they should not be together. I don't see them permanently breaking up though. TPTB seem to like them.

Xander and Chanel teaming up to extort money out of Paulina is exactly what I wanted. Those scenes were so fun! 

Ben/Claire hooking up back when ORK was playing Claire would've been awesome. Or hell, maybe even back when Ciara first left. But now it's just too late. And we all know Ciara/Ben is endgame (gag) so it's all completely pointless. Just another time for Claire to get fucked over in favor of Ciara. Wow, what entertainment!

I still really wish Gwen was faking this shit and she'd have a monologue where she says she's happy to have another way to fuck Abigail over but no, once again they've decided to 'redeem' a bad character with no real work. It was so sudden, too. So stupid. Sigh. 

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Color me surprised Kayla actually mentioned something I posted before:  that depending on the state "Salem" is in, the abortion laws might make it difficult/impossible for Gwen to have an abortion even if she wanted to go that route.  So according to Kayla, Gwen couldn't easily get an abortion anyway.

It would not be impossible.  She's not locked into the state where she lives.  She's not even locked into the country where she lives.   Abigail would rent a private jet and get Gwen to anywhere she needed to go if it meant she'd abort the fetus.

Didn't Kayla say she was at 15 weeks?  That's plenty of time. 

20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Xander and Chanel teaming up to extort money out of Paulina is exactly what I wanted. Those scenes were so fun! 

Yep.  Although I was hoping the plan would be a little more fun with Chanel acting like she absolutely loooooooves Xander while Xander makes it seems like he's doing to draw Paulina's precious Chanel into trouble and Paulina desperate to get Xander away.

Instead, Chanel flat out tells Lani that they need to pay him to go away. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

Yep.  Although I was hoping the plan would be a little more fun with Chanel acting like she absolutely loooooooves Xander while Xander makes it seems like he's doing to draw Paulina's precious Chanel into trouble and Paulina desperate to get Xander away.

Instead, Chanel flat out tells Lani that they need to pay him to go away. 

Yes, as always, the story isn't quite as good as it could be but I have to take the small wins lol.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It would not be impossible.  She's not locked into the state where she lives.  She's not even locked into the country where she lives.   Abigail would rent a private jet and get Gwen to anywhere she needed to go if it meant she'd abort the fetus.

Didn't Kayla say she was at 15 weeks?  That's plenty of time. 

Yeah, in my previous comments (about a week or so ago), I said Gwen would have to go to another state or even another country with fewer abortion restrictions IF Salem is in a state with regressive abortion laws.  My post today was just to say I'm surprised Kayla mentioned the ease (or lack thereof) of getting an abortion in whatever state Salem is in. 

And like I posted last week (or so) the best thing is to have Gwen miscarry so the audience doesn't have to deal with yet ANOTHER baby so soon after the Elani twins and Henry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Chad defending Gwen to Abby is just stupidity. Shut up Chad.

Are we supposed to care for Gwen's tears? After how much a psychopath she just was, her being suddenly opposite is bull. She wants to prove herself admit to the drugging.

• Love 4

Thought today's ep was dull and boring.

Chanel, do see how rich your mom actually is. Rich on paper isn't rich-rich. $10 million is a lot for a marriage that has lasted 2 days or so. Xander is a better con than you. You are young and inexperienced. And mom sending Lani to talk to you about reality and that you don't need a man? Uh, pot sort of meet kettle. Lani hasn't exactly been a self-made woman who has overcome obstacles. She has had a lot of opportunities because of her parents. Even access to education. Mom is an entertainer, dad a police officer and now Mayor. Not necessarily nepotism but she hasn't had to struggle. Always had a man too.

Theo, you really can't revisit the past and go back in time for a second shot with Ciara. It did't work the first time and eventually, things will fall apart again. When she gets her memories back, she will go back to her previous life. Same with Claire. She too will be some sort of collateral damage when Ciara comes back and finds her involved with the husband she ran from (again, with on memory of the past 3-4 years).

Gwen, having a baby will not fill your inner emptiness and make you a good mom because you will give the kid the life you never had. Doesn't always work that way. The show doesn't need more babies right now. Chad and Abs will have a hard time explaining to their current kids how Baby Gwen came about. Chad will also have pressure on both ends. They could lie and say Aunt Gwen wanted a baby and Chad was the anonymous donor. And do a paternity test at birth to see whose kid it is - Chad or the Rolf clone.

• Love 4

I have to give Ciara some sort of credit.  How many people can be just as annoying and obnoxious when they hate a serial killer as when they loved him?  She's in a class all her own.

Has Hope been found yet?  Because if not, I'm starting to think her going off to search for Ciara was just a story so she could ditch Salem and all the oafs in it.  In my Hope fantasy, instead of looking for her awful child, she's been lounging on a beach somewhere, drinking margaritas and going through cabana boys the way Julie goes through caftans.  When she is found, I hope her excuse for not coming home is she's just done her nails and they aren't dry yet.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

Chad defending Gwen to Abigail was just perfect.  Every time Abigail tries to get her head straight, she gets one more reason to feel like her life is conspiring against her.  And Marci Miller walked off in heels while she's pregnant.  

Xander and Chanel are such a pleasant surprise.  Hoping Paulina gives them a run for their money.  

7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

As Ben & Claire have sex together for the first time, Ciara recovers her memory and realizes she does in fact love Ben - and sees Ben/Claire doing the deed. More drama ensues..

If this is followed by Claire trying to Char-Broil Ciara again, I might sign up for some of that nonsense.  

1 hour ago, boes said:

instead of looking for her awful child, she's been lounging on a beach somewhere, drinking margaritas and going through cabana boys the way Julie goes through caftans.  When she is found, I hope her excuse for not coming home is she's just done her nails and they aren't dry yet.

That's totally Princess Gina.  Ahhh, the good ol' days.  

• Love 4