Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Does Ben calling Jake boss imply that Ben still works at the motorcycle shop?

Er.  How long has it been since they called the ambulance and the DiMeras showed up en masse, and  Gwen already has a room?

Is Doctor Snyder going to be the only doctor on the entire hospital staff who actually follows HIPAA protocols?

Chad could have gotten information out of the doctor if he'd told him he was the father.

I don't think Jake is going to be very happy with Ben's destruction of his property.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I don't think Jake is going to be very happy with Ben's destruction of his property.

It's okay.  He's a MOTHER!

Unpop opinion, maybe?  I still see more chemistry with BB and Camila as Gabi/Stefan and even Jake. 

I sometimes think I see something with Gabi and Phillip but only in TikTok version.  The longer their scenes go on, the less oomph I feel from them.  I think JKJ plays most things as a little too casual which would be fine if the writing were better.

So DOOL does know what HIPAA is.  What they don't know is that it should be automatic.  It's an "opt out" for the patient. Not an "opt in."

• Love 6

In retrospect they should've brought BB back as Stefan instead of Jake. At least it would've meant something and they wouldn't have to rip off the Stefan/Gabi dynamic and make it into Jake/Gabi. 

I mean he wouldn't be the first rapist to have a  pairing after the fact on this show and you have Ben after him anyone else isn't worse to me. Sorry.

• Love 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Jack told Jenn the fall could have killed Gwen, we're not that lucky. The psycho obsessed with Abby will continue to same routine. 

Jack really is SUCH a disappointment.  Him and Chad are just being portrayed as so, so, stupid to keep believing a known liar who is still basically a damn stranger to them when compared to Abigail.  Someone who has done nothing but lie and manipulate them and continues to do so because she just keeps getting away with it.  She can admit she lies and does horrible things, but gets hugs and pats on the backs from super daddy, so she just keeps going.  Jack and Chad are nothing but Gwen's little toys to do with as she pleases at this point.  "Psycho" and "obsession" are the perfect descriptions for her.  I just want to see what Jack's reaction will be to the latest lie.  What excuse will he give this time to absolve Gwen?  Hell, Gwen should just take Abby out this time.  Jack and Chad won't care.  Then she can really step in and take her place.

And why does he keep calling Jennifer to talk about fucking Gwen?  Jack has turned selfish in addition to gullible as a result of being stuck with Gwen.  Everything is about him and his guilt.  Maybe Jennifer doesn't want to constantly hear the "poor Gwen" refrain, Jack.  I mean,  Gwen did attempt to kill her daughter, killed her mother, tried to destroy her marriage, and set her up to be humiliated.  But Jack doesn't consider any of that at all.  

If not being written so OOC, why the fuck would Jennifer keep taking his calls  that only seem to be about Gwen.   How about Jack support her for a change.  Or how about addressing the elephant in the room about why she's available to hear him whine about poor, poor, misunderstood Gwen, but can't come back to Salem.  Jennifer should be worried about her own daughter and should be cool toward Gwen at best.  She should at least be able to point out to Jack that Nicole did the same thing to her.  But, no.  Everything in service of poor, poor Gwen.

I'm sorry, but this Stepford version of Jennifer that just goes along with whatever Jack says ain't it.  

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 8

Jack and Chad are gullible. Guilt does that. Jack is a reporter and should make note of the facts. Gwen has lied repeatedly and there is no evidence (i.e. hoping that parental love will change that) that she will stop lying. Everything that happens to folks in Salem eventually becomes public knowledge and Gwen will face that her lie will come out and at a most opportune moment. This all worked out nicely for her, at least for now. She does face someone blackmailing her, and not being able to keep the lie up.

Jack, Jennifer does not have to open her heart up to a long lost child. Maybe you and Gwen can visit a family counsellor who works with adults finding their bio parent and can figure out what sort of relationship you want with her. And set some boundaries. Jennifer can be supportive, she can be friendly. Her choice.

Ben, you do realize that you are going to have to clean up the mess you made by throwing stuff across the room.

I like Philip and Gabi more like coworkers and friends than anything longterm romantic. 

Wonder if Kristen will lug poor Kate to that deserted island to keep Sarah Horton company. She doesn't want Jake, she doesn't want Roman......

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Jack really is SUCH a disappointment.  Him and Chad are just being portrayed as so, so, stupid to keep believing a known liar who is still basically a damn stranger to them when compared to Abigail. 

And why does he keep calling Jennifer to talk about fucking Gwen?  Jack has turned selfish in addition to gullible as a result of being stuck with Gwen. 

I agree with your entire post, but I have to comment on this part. I had hoped with Jennifer out of town, Jack would get some juicy material as he tried to keep the peace between his daughters. But the way he's been acting has been such a huge disappointment. Gwen is a goddamn stranger to him, and there's no way I believe that he would continually take her side over his beloved Abigail. Why is it so fucking hard for him to understand that Abby does not need to forget and move on from Gwen drugging her. She nearly lost her mind and had to leave her young children for months while she got treatment, and she's still not fully recovered.

I cheered Steve on last week when he told Gwen that he is not going to welcome her into the family until she makes amends for what she did to Abigail. That is what Jack should have said to Gwen months ago; not this coddling crap he's been doing. Moving her into the Horton home? Really, Jack?! And Gwen calling him "Dad" all of a sudden?? 

So yeah, not only has Jack invited Gwen to move in to Jennifer's home but now every phone conversation with Jen is about GwenGwenGwen. Jack has turned into a complete moron over Gwen - a 30-something year old woman not a vulnerable teenager. To think I was actually looking forward to Jack having his own storyline away from Jennifer. I should have known better.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gwen! The bitch is back! I'm so happy!

Oh, me too.  I mean, she's tinkering with the timeline to fork with Abigail but I love how her pain over losing the child is real, and Abigail did actually say some awful things to her.  It's all so wonderfully messy.  

6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Unpop opinion, maybe?  I still see more chemistry with BB and Camila as Gabi/Stefan and even Jake. 

There was definitely some chemistry between them in their scenes today.  I think part of my problem with them is that the script continues to tell us how awesome they were together but that wasn't actually how the story played out.  She left town shortly after Jake came to Salem, USA.  

I see Jack as a father who's trying to make up for lost time with his daughter, Gwen.  I think he sees how her upbringing has wounded her, and he's trying his best to be supportive of her.  That's an empathetic human being, in my eyes, so I don't see how any of this makes him stupid, a disappointment, or a moron.  Aren't we all supposed to be flawed?  And all that I've seen in the writing and the actor's portrayal is a man who's trying to make the best out of a difficult situation.  Of course, he's going to make mistakes along the way.  And this is coming from a person who absolutely loves Marci Miller's Abigail, as I've said a thousand times before.  I don't see Chad as stupid, either, because I believe that his paternal instinct is so strong that he, too, is trying to make the best of a difficult situation.  This show offers up plenty of shitty writing but I think this one of the better storylines that's currently airing.  Obviously, we all see things differently.  

6 hours ago, RedElf said:

Is Doctor Snyder going to be the only doctor on the entire hospital staff who actually follows HIPAA protocols?

Kayla mentioned them the other day when Abigail was asking her about Gwen's pregnancy.  

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

There was definitely some chemistry between them in their scenes today.  I think part of my problem with them is that the script continues to tell us how awesome they were together but that wasn't actually how the story played out.  She left town shortly after Jake came to Salem, USA.  

That's true.  I actually really liked Gabi and Jake's build up but they were far from massive in each other's lives when Gabi left.

But I will say that I also think they're writing Jake a lot more like Stefan than Original Recipe Jake.  If the plan was to make Jake Stefan, I'd actually be impressed with how the hints are slowly seeping in regardless of how I'd feel about that plot twist. But I doubt it's some intentional master plan.

Oh on the subject of Jake...and Jack (two names I mixup whenever I read spoilers too fast which has made me think there were some incredibly WACKY stories coming up--Jack and Gabi do what because of Kate?-- until I realize my mistake.)  DOOL did something today that absolutely frustrates me.  Both Jack and Jake had moments of "I have a feeling something is off here" which would be awesome if they were to lead anywhere.  With Jake, it was the sense that "Kate" didn't know why she was breaking up with him until he mentioned his Gabi jealousy and even then it felt like a lie to him.  It reminded me of when Jack kept insisting to Xander that the breakup he was describing with Sarah was just too bizarre. And with Jack, his instinct told him that there was something up Dr. Snyder and Gwen.

When these stories inevitably end quickly (although with Kristen, that might go on forever given how much the show loves her wearing a mask) it won't be because of a slow and steady putting things together.  Nope, it'll be some random discovery when the show could otherwise choose a solved mystery.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Wonder if Kristen will lug poor Kate to that deserted island to keep Sarah Horton company. She doesn't want Jake, she doesn't want Roman......

Jake is her brother, right? I am actually having trouble keeping this all straight with Kristen playing Kate--at least she isn't related to Roman, right?

• Love 4
12 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Jack and Chad are nothing but Gwen's little toys to do with as she pleases at this point.  "Psycho" and "obsession" are the perfect descriptions for her.  I just want to see what Jack's reaction will be to the latest lie.  What excuse will he give this time to absolve Gwen?  Hell, Gwen should just take Abby out this time.  Jack and Chad won't care.  Then she can really step in and take her place.

Jack will probably lie and cover it up. They're both so gullible and stupid that it's making Abby look pathetic for constantly trying to forgive Chad and Jack.

After this, I really hope she just says no to both and is done with them both. Leave them to believe everything Gwen says and does.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think JKJ plays most things as a little too casual which would be fine if the writing were better.

It's the casual way JKJ plays it that I love. They're both just playing it real casual, light, fun and it's refreshing to me. 

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I see Jack as a father who's trying to make up for lost time with his daughter, Gwen.  I think he sees how her upbringing has wounded her, and he's trying his best to be supportive of her.  That's an empathetic human being, in my eyes, so I don't see how any of this makes him stupid, a disappointment, or a moron.  Aren't we all supposed to be flawed?  And all that I've seen in the writing and the actor's portrayal is a man who's trying to make the best out of a difficult situation.  Of course, he's going to make mistakes along the way.  And this is coming from a person who absolutely loves Marci Miller's Abigail, as I've said a thousand times before.  I don't see Chad as stupid, either, because I believe that his paternal instinct is so strong that he, too, is trying to make the best of a difficult situation.  This show offers up plenty of shitty writing but I think this one of the better storylines that's currently airing.  Obviously, we all see things differently.  

This. So much. I think this story is actually pretty fantastic in how it's showing everyone's viewpoints and not making anyone the obvious villain or the obvious good guy.

• Love 7

Gwen is an obvious villian. Nothing Abby said warrants lying about her committing a crime to kill her/baby.  When she lost the baby ahead of that fall.

Gwen tried to fake beaten up to get Abby arrested, when Gwen drugged her and tried to continue drugging her. She may get what she wants this time and is free to Jack and Chad. Gwen's for no excuses for her behaviour, she's  a villain no different than Kristen. 

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Gwen is an obvious villian. Nothing Abby said warrants lying about her committing a crime to kill her/baby.  When she lost the baby ahead of that fall.

Gwen tried to fake beaten up to get Abby arrested, when Gwen drugged her and tried to continue drugging her. She may get what she wants this time and is free to Jack and Chad. Gwen's for no excuses for her behaviour, she's  a villain no different than Kristen. 

Yet I find Gwen more sympathetic and I think it's because the actress plays her scenes with genuine heart-felt emotion.  I completely believed that Gwen was devastated at the loss of her baby and that she saw her daughter as a way to redeem herself.  I think she's a lot like Marci Miller in that she has Abby making questionable life choices yet we still feel badly for her when things go wrong.  Kristen doesn't elicit that feeling, at least for me.

• Love 12
(edited)
12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I see Jack as a father who's trying to make up for lost time with his daughter, Gwen.  I think he sees how her upbringing has wounded her, and he's trying his best to be supportive of her.  That's an empathetic human being, in my eyes, so I don't see how any of this makes him stupid, a disappointment, or a moron.  Aren't we all supposed to be flawed?  And all that I've seen in the writing and the actor's portrayal is a man who's trying to make the best out of a difficult situation.

I'm with the group that thinks it's still a stupid, ridiculous thing that Jack is beyond bending over backward to believe and accommodate Gwen over a daughter he's known for years/raised.  Yes, it's a tough situation, and Jack is trying to make amends for Gwen's crappy past - even though that wasn't Jack's fault! 

But here's the kicker for me:  *BECAUSE* there's already love and a father/daughter bond between Jack and Abigail, it's almost like Jack feels that no matter how crappy he's treating Abby (i.e. continually taking Gwen's side) since the whole Gwen reveal, he can never lose Abigail's love *BECAUSE* the relationship has already been built. Abigail's love for Jack, and propensity to forgive Jack is baked in from their decades long relationship. Therefore, no matter what, Abigail will never turn her back on Jack (or at least not forever). To be clear: this is my interpretation of what Jack is counting on/taking advantage of with the way he's treated Gwen vis-a-vis Abigail.

Edited by norcalgal
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I'm with the group that thinks it's still a stupid, ridiculous thing that Jack is beyond bending over backward to believe and accommodate Gwen over a daughter he's known for years/raised.  Yes, it's a tough situation, and Jack is trying to make amends for Gwen's crappy past - even though that wasn't Jack's fault! 

But here's the kicker for me:  *BECAUSE* there's already love and a father/daughter bond between Jack and Abigail, it's almost like Jack feels that no matter how crappy he's treating Abby (i.e. continually taking Gwen's side) since the whole Gwen reveal, he can never lose Abigail's love *BECAUSE* the relationship has already been built. Abigail's love for Jack, and propensity to forgive Jack is baked in from their decades long relationship. Therefore, no matter what, Abigail will never turn her back on Jack (or at least not forever). To be clear: this is my interpretation of what Jack is counting on/taking advantage of with the way he's treated Gwen vis-a-vis Abigail.

Abigail should absolutely come before Gwen full stop. Jack delivered her for God's sake.  Gwen being his daughter for 2 seconds does not negate that type of bond.  Ron is trying to make both daughters the same in Jack's eyes and that will never be.. They were not raised together as sisters in the same household where Jack would have to love both of his daughters the same but Gwen is a stranger compared to Abigail and it is annoying how Jack is putting Gwen over Abigail.. Gwen's actions could have killed Abigail depriving his grandchildren of their mother.  Look at what she did to Laura but we are not supposed to remember that because Gwen's pain comes first and everybody else's be damned.  She is also not supposed to face the consequences of her actions because she had a sad childhood.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 13

It will be interesting if Abigail starts to rethink her "Gwen Killed My Grandma" campaign, now that she's being accused of something horrendous, but proclaims her innocence to everyone - just like Gwen did. I realize (and as many posters have already said) people have known Abigail much longer so the burden of proof should be on Gwen. 

Emily O'Brien is selling the hell out of her scenes.

• Love 8
(edited)
37 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

It will be interesting if Abigail starts to rethink her "Gwen Killed My Grandma" campaign, now that she's being accused of something horrendous, but proclaims her innocence to everyone - just like Gwen did. I realize (and as many posters have already said) people have known Abigail much longer so the burden of proof should be on Gwen.

And I'm kind of wondering if, when the truth comes out, people will start to suspect that maybe Gwen did intentionally push Laura.  I think that would be a natural consequence of such a vicious lie being exposed.

I kind of wish Jennifer were around because this is also a pretty good opportunity for Jack/Jennifer conflict that is not above other love interests.  It kind of reminds me of the really good tension (or at least I enjoyed it) between Steve and Kayla over the Tripp rape accusations.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Seriously. Her and MM better get Emmy noms out of this. And it's too bad BF isn't that great lol.

1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

She is also not supposed to face the consequences of her actions because she had a sad childhood.

It's kinda like how Abigail isn't supposed to face consequences for her actions because of her mental illness. Or Ben for the same reason. Or Kristen because SHE'S A MOTHER.

Sami makes Kristen watchable. Still, I need this Kristen shit to end already. It's gone on too long.

As always, everything about Lucas delights me. I love BD.

MM looked SUPER pregnant in today's ep lol.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Or Kristen because SHE'S A MOTHER.

You say that like it is not a 100% legit excuse.  I am so disappointed in you.  So very much.

how could you even taylor swift GIF

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

[SNIP]

Sami makes Kristen watchable. Still, I need this Kristen shit to end already. It's gone on too long.

Absolutely! The two play off each other very well, regardless of the stupidity of the backstory. (Sami could easily just lie to EJ. Also, Kristen could have just lied to Vivian and say that Kate and Jake broke up. It's not like Jake is visiting Viv in prison.)

BD was hilarious in his phone call to Sami. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Gwen didn't proclaim her innocence to anyone but Jack and the police.  Everyone else other than Abigail has believed what she said happened.  She hasn't suffered one bit because of what happened with Laura.  It's not as if  Abigail needed the Laura incident to hate Gwen.  She already had plenty of reasons to rightly hate Gwen.  Gwen is just so entitled that she thinks that her rough childhood justifies all that she does and the people she's wronged should just get over it.  She is always just so hurt and confused about why people don't like her as if she's done nothing wrong.  

Why would Abigail rethink anything about what happened with Laura?  If anything, this current incident just reinforces her original thought that Gwen lied about what happened.  Gwen is currently lying about another accident, so she could have very well lied about what happened to Laura.  She is a known liar.  The fact that people like Chad and Jack continue to trust her and find it so implausible that she would be so nasty when she has already shown them multiple times how capable she is just further makes them look foolish.

If I were Abigail, I would cut Jack off and let him have the sociopath daughter he wants so much.  He's no father to her.  It's entirely what he deserves at this point.  Gwen is a psychotic, narcissistic, bottomless pit that he'll spend the rest of his life trying to fill.  What he doesn't get is that it'll never be enough.  She'll succeed at getting Abby out of his life, but she won't be happy with that.  She'll be jealous of Jennifer and her place in his life next and go after her.  She's already shown she'll target Jennifer if it suits her.  Then JJ.  Steve.  It'll never end. 

She doesn't give a damn about Jack other than what he can do to make up to her for a lousy childhood.  She doesn't care about his feelings at all and all the while Jack is treating those who do love him and have put up with a lot from him because of that love like insignificant pests compared to "poor Gwen."  He deserves ALL of the fallout when he sees that Gwen ain't shit and not worth losing his family over. 

• Love 10

Mental illness is different than the likes of Gwen/Kristen.

Kristen is paying (before she broke out) and will continue. Ben was in jail/psych ward just like Claire too who tried to burn Ciara alive.

They've never showed Gwen as anything but a viscous and jealous of Abby's life and wanted to blame her for her miserable childhood. When ever she was called on the drugging she tried to deflect it, they want her redeemed then make her pay and get help. This boohoo me act and now accusing Abby of killing her baby? Gwen should be with Kristen in jail not coddled by Jack.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

You say that like it is not a 100% legit excuse.  I am so disappointed in you.  So very much.

how could you even taylor swift GIF

The audacity of you to use a gif of this person! Although, she is a mother, so I guess her racism is OK! #thingsonlyfansofbothbigbrotheranddayscanappreciate

I was just thinking about how the characters and I are the same: if I like the person I don’t care if they don’t ‘pay for their crimes’ but if I hate them I do care. For instance, Lani decided Kristin’s crimes don’t matter because she likes her but Gabi’s do because she doesn’t like her and I decided Gwen’s crimes don’t matter because I like her but Ben’s do because I hate him now. But I like Abigail now so I don’t care about her crimes anymore lol. Until I decide she sucks again (i.e. when everyone goes back to kissing her ass and absolving her of everything) and then I’ll be mad about her crimes again.

Anyway, the past couple weeks have been SO good in general, I really hope they can keep it up.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

What did he say/do? I can’t remember their scene at all lol.

Abigail said tell me dad you know I did not push her down the stairs.   Jack did not answer.  He just walked away.  
   Chad said he believed her.  Then questioned why she would argue with pregnant women at top stairs.  He is wasn’t very warm. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Gwen didn't proclaim her innocence to anyone but Jack and the police.  Everyone else other than Abigail has believed what she said happened. 

OK, I wasn't watching when the Laura death happened but I can't believe the police (well, it's Salem PD so maybe I CAN believe it!) would just take the word of:

1) a known liar, and

2) someone known to have drugged a woman

Gwen had motive, means and opportunity  - all the elements needed for murder. So infuriating that Salem exists in a place where real life law enforcement has zero bearing on the show. Might as well have the setting in some make believe city/state/country/planet.

15 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Abigail said tell me dad you know I did not push her down the stairs.   Jack did not answer.  He just walked away.  
   Chad said he believed her.  Then questioned why she would argue with pregnant women at top stairs.  He is wasn’t very warm. 

Takes two to tango. Might was well ask why a pregnant woman, knowing she's pregnant, wanting to keep her baby would argue with a person on top of the stairs.

It's clear that people need to remove their brain while watching this show. Common sense/logic need not apply.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The audacity of you to use a gif of this person! Although, she is a mother, so I guess her racism is OK! #thingsonlyfansofbothbigbrotheranddayscanappreciate

Ha. I have no clue who she is.  I was just crossing my fingers she wasn't some controversial political figure, lol. 

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

He just walked away.  

He did tell her he needed to go see Gwen.  It was pretty plot pointy.

• Love 2
On 4/30/2021 at 7:15 PM, tribeca said:

I am glad Kayla taught Tripp all about how it’s perfectly fine to share people’s medical information.  

Late to the game with this one!

Tripp....a doctor/intern/student??

just unbelievable to me..and

lmao @ Kayla being a”mentor “ to Tripp 

So not interested in that relationship.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

11 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

He did tell her he needed to go see Gwen.  It was pretty plot pointy.

I haven't watched yet, but Jack's silence/walking away says it all, IMO. He doesn't believe her, and I really really dislike him for it. I can't believe Jack would doubt Abigail's word in favor of the daughter he's known for less than a year. The daughter that has proven time and time again to be a liar, manipulative, and a criminal. I'm glad at least Chad believed Abby; he seems to be off the stupid-train that Jack is currently conducting. I'm so annoyed that Jack is stuck with Gwen. I'm ready for a who-killed-Gwen murder mystery.

• Love 7

I too wondered why Jack was so quick to believe Gwen's story. He has known her for really a span of a few weeks and has known Abigail a lot longer. As an investigative reporter, he should be sussing out the facts. Like he did with Xander and Sarah. Maybe once the emotion of all this starts to wane, the facts will get the real story out. 

Gwen has shown herself to be a lying liar who lies. Yes, she has had a bad childhood, but a lot of people do and overcome it and become healthy adults. Is Gwen entitled to her bio-dad's unconditional love and support? At her age? A respectful friendly relationship is more feasible.

The fall played perfectly in to Gwen getting approval from her bio-father and driving a wedge between Jack, Abigail, and Chad. Was Gwen pushed? Who knows? She just could have lost her balance.

The facts will eventually come out and Gwen may face her father backing away from her.

Why is Chloe's gift to a baby so small? An outfit?

Lucas was funny over the phone. Too bad Chloe didn't catch him saying he wasn't sick. Kristen has zero evidence that Sami cheated on EJ. The whole mask thing is stupid and the whole working with Sami to get Chloe is stupid. The story is getting tiring and boring.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Ha. I have no clue who she is.  I was just crossing my fingers she wasn't some controversial political figure, lol. 

She's said and done several extremely racist things on a reality tv show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Why is Chloe's gift to a baby so small? An outfit?

I'm hoping she gave baby Rachel a box of cigars.  Cubans.  The good ones.

Or maybe Baby's First Mask, so she can masquerade as Kristen.

With this show nothing would surprise me.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

These Rafe and Ava scenes are excruciating. 

also I'm confused why this piece of cardboard entitled "cop" would be attracted to a self described mobster and and rapist who also said very recently to him she emotionally and physically abandoned her son simply for not being from the product of her obsessions spunk. A woman who's now thinks compulsively wiping counters and making fattening large meals constantly is a 'personality trait'  

the actress playing Kristen kept slipping into her "Susan" twang while bickering w Sami. Another stupid ass story. EJ is obsessed w Sami and Kristen is a lunatic. Who would he believe? And we all know how he is regarding Sami leaving him or moving on, he'd never let her go even if she fucked the butler in front of his face

Sami and Lucas were hilarious and cute on the phone. BD is SO funny! 

Chloe has a fetish for fussing over sick exes, first Brady now Lucas. Get a life Sis

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Chloe has a fetish for fussing over sick exes, first Brady now Lucas. Get a life Sis

Maybe. But I still like Chloe and Brady. Different vibe than with Brady 1.0 (who, of course, now suspiciously looks like Rex Brady!), but still good. The fact that she isn't psycho Kristen is just the icing on the cake.

• Love 7

Ava’s meals have a ton of calories. Plus wine. No mention of salad and chicken and maybe roasted potatoes or rice. Lasagna, spaghetti, etc. A lot for two people unless the leftovers go into the freezer.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Ava’s meals have a ton of calories. Plus wine. No mention of salad and chicken and maybe roasted potatoes or rice. Lasagna, spaghetti, etc. A lot for two people unless the leftovers go into the freezer.

Right!

As if Rafe's head isn't fat enough already.

• LOL 12
22 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It reminded me of when Jack kept insisting to Xander that the breakup he was describing with Sarah was just too bizarre. And with Jack, his instinct told him that there was something up Dr. Snyder and Gwen.

If the show were written more intelligently, Jack's instinct for other's criminal behavior contrasted with his blind spot for Gwen would be one of the many layers of this storyline.  

13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think this story is actually pretty fantastic in how it's showing everyone's viewpoints and not making anyone the obvious villain or the obvious good guy.

My feelings exactly.  

10 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I don't know if the writers are consciously constructing the story in this manner but this is the kind of subtext that I've been viewing the Jack and Abigail scenes.  Jack is counting on his bond with Abigail to be strong enough to withstand this storm, all the while missing how it's emotionally wounding Abigail in the process.  I find it to be quite tragic, and love how Marci Miller handling the material.  Couldn't resist throwing in a little praise for MM.  *giggle*

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I kind of wish Jennifer were around because this is also a pretty good opportunity for Jack/Jennifer conflict that is not above other love interests.

Gawd, I'd love to see what Cady McClain would do with this material.  It sucks that she's been relegated to playing opposite a cell phone and a sofa in the background.  

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

And it's too bad BF isn't that great lol.

There are times when he pisses me off with his antics but I thought his scenes with Emily O'Brien were pretty good today.  

48 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

These Rafe and Ava scenes are excruciating. 

I've been watching almost everything, lately, so it was nice to feel like I could safely FF through their kissy face nonsense, lol.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

There are times when he pisses me off with his antics but I thought his scenes with Emily O'Brien were pretty good today.  

They were good but it was because of EO for me. BF has about 2 modes imo, saying his lines through gritted teeth while mumbling or screaming.

I don't think we know yet whether Jack believes Abigail. I mean, sure, we can assume he won't because it seems obvious that's where the story is going, but him walking away in that moment doesn't prove it imo. But personally I can get him questioning it. Yes, Gwen did bad shit, but currently she's showing Jack that she is remorseful and wants to make amends to Abigail (it doesn't matter if it's true/we believe it, Jack believes it) while Abigail has recently tried to drug Gwen and is screaming to Jack constantly that she thinks Gwen killed Laura, that she won't forgive her, and asked her to abort the baby. So yea I can see why Jack might wonder if maybe Abigail did push Gwen. It's not illogical at all. And that's why this story is good imo. Jack being torn here makes complete sense to me. There are so many layers to this and hell the writers have even managed to actually write some of them in as opposed to us just having to fanwank them!

• Love 7

I got a big Kick out of today's show(Wed) mainly because of the funny scenes between Xander & Claire, Xander & Bonnie, and Bonnie & Jan.  I was LOL thru all of them :)  Claire thinks Xander is proposing to her when he falls down on his knees & picks up the ring, then she grabs his hair & tells him to shape up!  Xander then tries to sell the ring to Bonnie who just happens to carry a jeweler's eyepiece in her purse, along with a bottle of hot sauce, LOL.  And then Bonnie cracks herself up by calling Jan "Mrs Jan Brady".   And then Chanel shooting down Lani's offers of help...that girl is a 'case"!  Well done by all the actors, because I was amused & not annoyed today.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, RedElf said:

So Xander is Claire's granduncle.  It took me a while to figure that out.

I didn't even bother to try to figure it out lol. 

I enjoyed the hell outta today's ep. It really was just an all-around funny, good time. They're really keeping up this streak of good shows and I continue to be pleased and surprised.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't even bother to try to figure it out lol. 

I enjoyed the hell outta today's ep. It really was just an all-around funny, good time. They're really keeping up this streak of good shows and I continue to be pleased and surprised.

It was a good contrast to the much more serious nature of yesterday's episode. The George Glass line had me rolling. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but good for Lani for holding her ground against the unbelievably bratty Chanel. 

• Love 5
(edited)
54 minutes ago, RedElf said:

So Xander is Claire's granduncle.  It took me a while to figure that out.

No he is not. As nephew to Victor, he is::

- first cousin with Bo, Isabella and Philip

- second cousin with Shawn, Ciara, Brady and Tyler

- third cousin with Claire, Tate and Rachel

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

No he is not. As nephew to Victor, he is::

- first cousin with Bo, Isabella and Philip

- second cousin with Shawn, Ciara, Brady and Tyler

- third cousin with Claire, Tate and Rachel