Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, nilyank said:

No he is not. As nephew to Victor, he is::

- first cousin with Bo, Isabella and Philip

- second cousin with Shawn, Ciara, Brady and Tyler

- third cousin with Claire, Tate and Rachel

That's how we would have called their relationship in my family, too, 

but in genealogical terms, Claire and Xander are 1st cousins twice removed.

Kristen's official relationship description would be "crazy lady locked in attic, never successfully removed".

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, tribeca said:

When did Sami hate Belle ? 

Starting from birth? I mean, this is the same Sami that tried to sell Baby Belle on the black market.

3 minutes ago, boes said:

Kristen's official relationship description would be "crazy lady locked in attic, never successfully removed"

giphy.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

When did Sami hate Belle ? 

When she was conceived and then born only to be sold to the black market. Since Sami uses Jarlena's affair to justify every terrible thing she's done its expected she would hate the result of that affair(Belle). However beyond that she actually hated Carrie more between the two go figure. 

However since Ron wants to rip off the JER years he wants to act that Sami has this burning hatred of Belle when that wasn't really the case.

This show is night and day when Jarlena and family are the focus vs everything else(the Gwen storyline mostly). Of course it means Ron only cares about this family which is why he hasn't wrecked it like he has everyone else. Yet its a lot more watchable in comparison.

Xander/Claire and Jan/Bonnie were the best parts of the show.

I didn't realize until today the Jan Brady jokes(how did I not see this?) I also liked Jan saying that Bonnie is a poor imitation of Adrienne.. although it reminds me of how I hate that Adrienne was killed off and we're stuck with Bonnie who adds nothing to this show.

Jan is everything Gwen wishes she could be.

• Love 8

So it's Mother's Day in Salem (2022) because its Rachel's birthday. 

kristen is more focused on Chloe giving her daughter a gift and working w bf in an office... than her daughters birthday and the milestone holiday? Nice priorities 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Having Xander drunk once or twice is one thing. This is embarrassing. Go back to Uncle Victor's home and apologize and have somewhere to live.

I did enjoy seeing him with Claire, who is someone out of his usual orbit. It was funny that she thought he was going to propose to her.

Also enjoyed Bonnie and Jan. The Jan Brady jokes were funny. Only thing missing was Marcia Marcia Marcia. Jan was right that Bonnie is a poor man's Adrienne. A bit tacky at the jeweler's eyepiece in her bag when she was talking with Xander.

The wheels are turning in terms of placing Jan at various places. Even the 'fact' that she was in a coma at the time. Marlena should be calling Justin with the info that Jan was hanging around her office before the police learned of the session recording.

Lani, do you seriously expect that a flighty party girl and scammer like Chanel would have any interest in being a nanny to your kids? That she has shown any sense of maturity or the ability to change a diaper? Maybe Abe has a spare room at his home or maybe she can get a waitress job at the pub and live upstairs. Probably a few empty rooms now.

• Love 6

I have watched this show off and on for years.  Never had the impression Sami hated Belle.  Didn’t she give Belle a large sum of money in the past ? Wish my sister hated me that much.  And if Sami’s plan was to frame Belle why would she confess?  

Xander needs to find a job.  Heard there is a nanny opening.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani, do you seriously expect that a flighty party girl and scammer like Chanel would have any interest in being a nanny to your kids? That she has shown any sense of maturity or the ability to change a diaper? Maybe Abe has a spare room at his home or maybe she can get a waitress job at the pub and live upstairs. Probably a few empty rooms now.

I never had kids because I realized that I would probably be the type of mother who would forget them on the bus (and then be kind of pissed because I also left my best Tupperware with the kid) - which probably explains why I was not in high demand as a baby sitter.  But even I would know  better than to leave two babies with Chanel.  Does Lani really believe that EVERY woman is capable of caring for children simply because she is female?  Is this 1957?  Oh, that's right, she actually thinks Kristen is a good mother.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I did enjoy seeing him with Claire, who is someone out of his usual orbit. It was funny that she thought he was going to propose to her.

See, I didn't, even though I like seeing characters mix who don't normally share scenes. I didn't enjoy this basically because they hand-waved their history in order for Xander to vent, for the fake proposal joke (which wasn't funny) and for Claire to give him advice. I'm sorry, but if the thug who took me hostage at gunpoint and shot my grandmother at her wedding crossed my path, I'd kick him in the balls, throw a chair at him for good measure and run the other way...especially if he was too drunk to fight back.

I realize Claire is in no position to assault someone, but to her Xander should be a monster. Her tolerance of him should be zero. This was bad writing.

And those scenes between them really amounted to nothing and could have just been omitted. At the end he's offering the ring to Bonnie, so that's the important narrative beat.

I was astonished by how much I enjoyed the Jan and Bonnie face-off in the pub. This was the first time Jan seemed menacing to me. Her intense glare, the new music cues (first time I heard them anyway) and Bonnie going on and on unaware that she's across the table from a murderer...it worked really well.

And it must be said - Judi Evans was on fire. It was wonderful to see. All of her little gestures landed and were well-timed. She pulled off the likely-to-be-corny-because-of-Ron's-humor "Jan Brady" joke. And then the subtle reveal at the end that she'd stolen the hot sauce? Loved that. Start to finish, she transitioned between emotions so well today. I know they'd never put stuff like this in for Emmy consideration, but I felt like all the bases were covered and really well.

I've never seen Judi be so....well, Judi. This felt like a really good day of shooting for her and that made me so happy. I'll always hold dear the work she did on Another World as Paulina, and frankly she seemed much...looser there than she ever has on DAYS. Adrienne was rarely much fun, but Bonnie lately has been too zany/corny in a forced way. I always enjoy seeing her on my screen, but I rarely see her shine the way I know she can. Judi found the balance today and made it work and seemed so happy. Considering how awful life has been to her lately, it really really warmed my heart.

I was pretty disinterested with the rest. Chanel seems to have borrowed Theresa's entire intro storyline, hasn't she? Bad girl relative in town with a bad girl reputation to live down? Check. Putting the moves on older guys with money? Check. Giving big puppy dog eyes to relatives to get their help or support? Check. I mean, I suppose this is a typical soap introduction for a teenage character but...it just feels so stale. Just me?

Also just me but, is Doc transitioning her blonde locks to silver ones? I feel like we saw so much more grey/silver in her hair today than ever before. I think it's time to embrace the silver, but hey, it's totally up to her. She looks great either way.

I'm almost curious to track down Ciara and Theo's exit scenes. Are they worth seeing? Does she brush off Ben with a middle finger and stomp away from him defiantly, or is there more idiotic "mind connection!" stuff going on between them? I couldn't bare it if there was. I want to see Theo punch Ben in his stupid boring abs while Ciara yells at him to go screw himself and the whole town applauds, including the ghosts of Tom and Alice.

Too much?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Having Xander drunk once or twice is one thing. This is embarrassing.

It has been only 2 times, hasn't it? The night when he married Chanel and now this.

11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Xander needs to find a job.  Heard there is a nanny opening.  

Oh man, I love the idea of Xander as the twins' nanny!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

It has been only 2 times, hasn't it? The night when he married Chanel and now this.

Oh man, I love the idea of Xander as the twins' nanny!

LOL...Xander could be the "Manny"(like Kevin on "This is Us" :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Not sure if we're supposed to think Dr. Snyder is involved somehow in the Great Jan Escape, or if he's just a jerk. His "being a stickler for the rules" seemed to be a line that was intended to lead to future revelations that he's a bad guy.

Oh Nicole. You no longer serve any purpose other than walk around town and interject yourself into other people's business. 

Allie's "I know this isn't what I used to wear" line made me laugh. Ever since she arrived in Salem, she's worn jeans and hoodies or similar fairly modest outfits. I suppose we're to think that she changed her wardrobe once she was pregnant.

• Love 4

Why does Duke keep getting moved around?

Maybe Roman could offer Allie a job at the pub.

"At this hospital"? Yeah, at this hospital.

Wouldn't Snyder have to clear any such footage reveal with Kayla?

That counter top at the pub bar is really bizarre.

How did Allie get a degree if she spent all of her time in London partying?

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Who the hell is Duke lol? 

I loved the Allie and Chanel scenes. I'm down for them to hook up for real tbh but I don't think that's where this is going.

Dr. Snyder is definitely involved with Jan in some way. Or just a bad guy. It's blatantly obvious.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loved the Allie and Chanel scenes. I'm down for them to hook up for real tbh but I don't think that's where this is going.

Allie lit up her scenes with Chanel today. 

Thousands of college kids seem to manage it every year. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Maybe Roman could offer Allie a job at the pub.

"At this hospital"? Yeah, at this hospital.

Wouldn't Snyder have to clear any such footage reveal with Kayla?

That counter top at the pub bar is really bizarre.

Rafe and Nicole have "shared custody" of Duke. I think it was because Nicole won him, but it was Rafe's birthday so they playfully argued over who was the true owner.

I absolutely wondered myself why Allie couldn't get a job at the pub, or Basic Black. Hell, Sami could probably swing something for her at DiMera.

I think she got the degree and then went on to party instead of starting a career? I may be misremembering that detail.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Rafe and Nicole have "shared custody" of Duke. I think it was because Nicole won him, but it was Rafe's birthday so they playfully argued over who was the true owner.

What I meant was that yesterday he was on one side of the set, and today, he was on the other side of the set.

• Love 1
(edited)

During the Allie and Chanel part of the show , I felt like I was watching an acting class with two of the worst actresses I have ever seen in my life!  Allie does not look like a party girl she does not sound like a party girl, boy did they find the wrong type person to fit that part.

And I hope both the actresses are fully vaccinated.   

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Chanel's intro is similar to Theresa's (although Theresa was straight and not fluid like Chanel). However unlike Theresa I actually like Chanel. I think it helps that we see how Paulina focused more on her career than Chanel and spoiled her.

With Theresa we never saw how she got to be so unpleasant in the first place. I think this is why I preferred Eve over her I got how Eve turned out the way she did. I don't get that with Theresa who was just a bitch for no reason to everyone around her when she first showed up...

Hopefully they won't defang her and stick her with a kid too soon like they did Theresa.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Chanel's intro is similar to Theresa's (although Theresa was straight and not fluid like Chanel). However unlike Theresa I actually like Chanel. I think it helps that we see how Paulina focused more on her career than Chanel and spoiled her.

With Theresa we never saw how she got to be so unpleasant in the first place. I think this is why I preferred Eve over her I got how Eve turned out the way she did. I don't get that with Theresa who was just a bitch for no reason to everyone around her when she first showed up...

Hopefully they won't defang her and stick her with a kid too soon like they did Theresa.

There are no words to express how much I HATE Theresa, both then and now. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/5/2021 at 7:02 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

However since Ron wants to rip off the JER years he wants to act that Sami has this burning hatred of Belle when that wasn't really the case.

Belle has always loved her big sister Sami and admired her on the low... So this hatred between them is just more Ron BS to push his agenda.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

One more passenger here on the Chanel/Allie train (that will go nowhere, but I will enjoy it while I can). I love Chanel's whole energy. 

Dr. Snyder is definitely set up to be a heel, but oh! how I would have loved it if he had answered Shawn's asinine "It'll be a whole thing for me to get a warrant," with hearty: "GREAT. Go ahead and do your job."

Edited by nollf
  • Love 8

I have fond memories of London. Allie does not come across as any party girl - girl in library studies or some sort of Arts major. Ciara would be a good party girl. Allie is more bland than a stale crumpet. I don't know if women in their mid-20s talk like that, but..... it's been a while since I was 23-25. If their kiss was to be 'edgy', it fell a little short.

If Jan had woken from her coma, she would have to cover the machines running - there would be an investigation if all the monitors were turned off for X time. Shawn should have a warrant and they found the footage waay too easily.

Jan, you should not be planning life as Mrs. Jan Brady right now. Even Claire sees that you are coming across as a bit obsessive and that your only interest in Claire was to get close to her dad. You do do lunatic well.

Nicole, Rafe is a grown man who can make his own decisions about who he dates. He is going out on a date and not picking up a marriage license and marrying Ava.  What is wrong with a cop and a former mob princess? Maybe Ava has changed, maybe not.

Tripp, you have every right to have reservations on dating or getting to know Allie. I'd go far away from her for a while.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Allie's "I know this isn't what I used to wear" line made me laugh. Ever since she arrived in Salem, she's worn jeans and hoodies or similar fairly modest outfits. I suppose we're to think that she changed her wardrobe once she was pregnant.

Maybe I'm just old and out of touch, but wasn't that an awful lot of cleavage for an interview outfit?  Where was Allie applying for a job - Hooters?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Belle has always loved her big sister Sami and admired her on the low... So this hatred between them is just more Ron BS to push his agenda.

It shows a lack of interest in developing Belle as an individual and not just a Carrie  stand in. The sudden "hatred" is weird and out of nowhere. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Not sure if we're supposed to think Dr. Snyder is involved somehow in the Great Jan Escape, or if he's just a jerk. His "being a stickler for the rules" seemed to be a line that was intended to lead to future revelations that he's a bad guy.

I'm hoping the Writers will allow him to be just a jerk and not turn him into some silly Dick Dastardly villain because they have a quota of Spoiler-i-fic Plot Points to fulfill.  

6 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I actually like the idea of Rafe and Nicole acting out some kind of subconscious-like parental fantasy that the characters can't consciously engage in but I may be imagining things that aren't there.  

Poor delusional Jan.  Her plan to set up Belle for Charlie's murder was pretty good before she "woke up" from her coma, and has done nothing but brag unnecessarily and basically shoot-herself-in-the-foot every step of the way.

Oh, Ava.  I loved her reaction to Dr Snyder and that quick, little dance she did in her mind with how she used to handle situations like this.  Can she really reform from her old ways, and does she even want to?   

On 5/5/2021 at 7:02 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Jan is everything Gwen wishes she could be.

You think?  Jan's grasp on reality is flimsy at best.  Gwen doesn't have any illusions about who she is and how others see her.  And if Gwen really did kill Laura, she's playing it off well, while Jan is practically self-sabotaging all over the place.  Almost everything she said to Bonnie was sloppy and unnecessary.  Honestly, though, it's a little disappointing because I think Heather Lindell can play Jan as cunning villain but it seems like they're just trying to wrap up the storyline with her being so reckless now.  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Allie does not look like a party girl she does not sound like a party girl, boy did they find the wrong type person to fit that part.

I actually believe that's the point. I know I certainly did see that coming.

• Love 1

Charlie was not a good person but his mom really does not care at all about finding his killer.    Ava showed more anger towards a Tripp’s boss.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

I actually believe that's the point. I know I certainly did see that coming.

No it's not. It wasn't meant to be a surprise even before Allie came Lucas and others went on and on about how much of a party girl and wild and head strong she was. Since she's been here she's been drab and extremely low energy and doesn't even inject life into her performance.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Allie lit up her scenes with Chanel today. 

She really did. It was the best the actress has ever been imo. Like @nollf, I just love Chanel's energy and she really brought some life into Allie today. 

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

You think?  Jan's grasp on reality is flimsy at best.  Gwen doesn't have any illusions about who she is and how others see her.  And if Gwen really did kill Laura, she's playing it off well, while Jan is practically self-sabotaging all over the place.  Almost everything she said to Bonnie was sloppy and unnecessary.  Honestly, though, it's a little disappointing because I think Heather Lindell can play Jan as cunning villain but it seems like they're just trying to wrap up the storyline with her being so reckless now.  

Yea, I don't see Jan as what Gwen wishes she was at all. First of all, Jan is actually certifiably insane lol. And yea, Jan is playing this terribly. I agree that HL could play an interesting, cunning villain but they're not writing Jan that way. They do seem to want to end this story quickly, which I'm all for lol.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

First of all, Jan is actually certifiably insane lol. And yea, Jan is playing this terribly. I agree that HL could play an interesting, cunning villain but they're not writing Jan that way. They do seem to want to end this story quickly, which I'm all for lol.

Yes, suddenly EVERYTHING falls in to place.  Shawn and Belle get their stupid brainstorm (and no matter WHAT the writers try to tell us, it is really stupid)  and get Jackass Doctor to hand over the security footage within all of about 3 minutes (Sure, every doctor just hands someone HIS hospital laptop and leaves the room - this happens all the time).  They find the exact "evidence" they need in about 3 more minutes.  Currently, they are hatching a plan  to get "proof."  They are doing this without even bothering to secure the evidence they already have - any lawyer not Justin would have no problem getting that security footage thrown out as it was illegally obtained and can't be verified.  I'm guessing at some point they're going to have Jan (who could have been interesting) suddenly lose it and scream her confession in front of everyone.  Yeah, this whole thing is going to end with a whimper instead of a bang.

• Love 4

All the patients and staff at University Hospital about to get one free year of credit monitoring. 

Kayla, it's clearly time to re-up the mandatory cybersecurity training. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

I hate how much I loved the Stan/Dunn/Sami and Lucas scenes considering how dumb the brain tumor story is.  But I did.  Lucas acting like he was reading off of a script was gold.

Now that Chloe has remembered Stan, does she know he was Sami?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 13

After all of the giant red flags and signs, Kristen gets done in by Susan being too stupid to sign a card correctly. At least we're finally getting some closure to this ridiculous story. Which is also why Chloe is likely figuring out Dr. Dunn ain't who he says he is quicker than most on the soap-time continuum. 

I didn't watch during the OG Stan era, but Lucas immediately figuring it out and the line delivery was gold. If Days ever gets canceled, I want a spin off of Lucas going around town making sarcastic deadpan comments.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

At least we're finally getting some closure to this ridiculous story.

I was distracted but didn't Brady tell Susan to stay in jail? That makes me nervous, especially since Kristen can go as "Kate" and not Susan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Stan!

They even managed to mention that Kate is a Size 2, but they didn't explain how Kristin is able to fit into her clothes.

Show never shows cars unless they're about to have a crash.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I was distracted but didn't Brady tell Susan to stay in jail? That makes me nervous, especially since Kristen can go as "Kate" and not Susan.

But Brady doesn't know she's also been impersonating other people. As far as he knows, she's only been masquerading as Susan. And I believe he convinced Susan to stay so that they can just swap back, and Kristen wouldn't get time added to her sentence.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

As far as he knows, she's only been masquerading as Susan. And I believe he convinced Susan to stay so that they can just swap back, and Kristen wouldn't get time added to her sentence.

True.  But "Susan" can elect to disappear once Brady confronts her if she wants to stay out of jail yet still stick around as "Kate" without Brady knowing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

If Days ever gets canceled, I want a spin off of Lucas going around town making sarcastic deadpan comments.

I would like at least one episode a week that's just that lol.

And just like that, Allie/Chanel is done. They keep giving me ships to enjoy and then taking them away promptly lol.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

True.  But "Susan" can elect to disappear once Brady confronts her if she wants to stay out of jail yet still stick around as "Kate" without Brady knowing.

Hopefully the car crash will put the kibosh on any type of Kristen-as-anyone-else plans.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Which is also why Chloe is likely figuring out Dr. Dunn ain't who he says he is quicker than most on the soap-time continuum. 

I didn't watch during the OG Stan era, but Lucas immediately figuring it out and the line delivery was gold. If Days ever gets canceled, I want a spin off of Lucas going around town making sarcastic deadpan comments.

Did I miss something?  Did Chloe tell Lucas or anyone else that she doesn't know what Dr. Dunn looks like - only that she's spoken with him?  In all her research into Dr. Dunn, she never once saw a photo of him?!  

How did Sami know her plan dressing up as Stan-as-Dr. Dunn would work?  [well, it did work until Chloe recalled Sami as Stan!]  

Just when you think this whole tired, tedious "Kristen as Susan/Kate/whoever" story was over, I'll just bet Brady will be in a coma from the car accident, or he too wakes up with amnesia like his cousin?/aunt?  Ciara.

• Love 3

Today was honestly so! much! I love the pace of everything ramping up to 90mph for no good reason, except to bring me joy, I guess. 

STAN! I was crying at all of Lucas's faces. The camp! Just perfect. Absolutely magnificent. 

It probably wasn't on purpose, won't go anywhere, (and just wishful thinking on my part,) but I really felt like Allie did enjoy that kiss more than she thought she would, or admitted to. Girl was giving Chanel a bit of a once over a couple of times there. . .

Kate popping up in the backseat like a whack-a-mole has me dyyying. Give me this ridiculous shit every Friday. I'm here for it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7