Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

You think?  Jan's grasp on reality is flimsy at best.  Gwen doesn't have any illusions about who she is and how others see her.  And if Gwen really did kill Laura, she's playing it off well, while Jan is practically self-sabotaging all over the place.  Almost everything she said to Bonnie was sloppy and unnecessary.  Honestly, though, it's a little disappointing because I think Heather Lindell can play Jan as cunning villain but it seems like they're just trying to wrap up the storyline with her being so reckless now.  

Jan should be a cunning villainess making trouble for the last blast crew.  She should come in like a category 4 hurricane make trouble and then leave. I don't want her to ever be redeemed, let her be bad and own it as a recurring character.   Look at how Kristen has become awful because she has overstayed her welcome.  She is just so repulsive and I cannot even stand to look at her after what she did to Sarah..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11

I can see why Jake and Ben are friends.  They both handle breakups horribly. 
  Is Claire transferring her obsession of Ciara to Chanel ?

Finally Brady figures it out.   
Chloe does not trust Sami at all   Good for you  

Lumi forever lol

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Stan!

They even managed to mention that Kate is a Size 2, but they didn't explain how Kristin is able to fit into her clothes.

Show never shows cars unless they're about to have a crash.

There isn’t much around in terms of standard sizing for women’s clothing. The higher end stuff is usually sized differently. Someone is bound to buy a size 2 when they are really a 6. Generally, she could fit in to 0 and a small 4.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

You think?  Jan's grasp on reality is flimsy at best.  Gwen doesn't have any illusions about who she is and how others see her.  And if Gwen really did kill Laura, she's playing it off well, while Jan is practically self-sabotaging all over the place.  Almost everything she said to Bonnie was sloppy and unnecessary.  Honestly, though, it's a little disappointing because I think Heather Lindell can play Jan as cunning villain but it seems like they're just trying to wrap up the storyline with her being so reckless now.  

I meant in that she's an actual villain and treated as such. Gwen they want us to sympathize with her and completely neuter the drama in the process. Jan being a pop up villain helps if she was a regular I'd feel differently because she'd be like Kristen right now and hard pass.

• Love 4

Brady finally figures it out! Stupid Susan to sign her own name on the birthday card. She really is fixated on the ice cream sundae.

It's been a long time, Stan. He still is kinda attractive. Chloe also figured it out quickly, or more quickly than normal.

Jake, why do you manhandle women? If Kate wants to go, let her go. Grabbing her is not cool. And what happened to the trunk? The real Kate can fit in a duffle bag? Since we saw people in cars, the cliffhanger was predictable.

Chanel, if Allie wasn't your friend, she may not have been cool with you trying to kiss her. She's probably too nice to say she was a bit uncomfortable. Or maybe she liked it.

Claire does seem to get obsessive about people. However, I wouldn't put it past Chanel to buy a lot of drinks and have Allie pay for them.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I hate how much I loved the Stan/Dunn/Sami and Lucas scenes considering how dumb the brain tumor story is.  But I did.  Lucas acting like he was reading off of a script was gold.

I'm not a big Chloe fan but I hate that Lucas is lying to his friend about having a brain tumor.  That said, I agree that everyone involved did a good job of turning it into a twisted kind of comedy relief.  

6 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Hopefully the car crash will put the kibosh on any type of Kristen-as-anyone-else plans.

I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes for this...and then @norcalgal mentioned Brady being in a coma and I feel like this storyline could go on for an eternity.  

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I meant in that she's an actual villain and treated as such. Gwen they want us to sympathize with her and completely neuter the drama in the process. Jan being a pop up villain helps if she was a regular I'd feel differently because she'd be like Kristen right now and hard pass.

There are people who don't sympathize with Gwen, though, so I see her as more of a grey character.  Gwen's villainy was based on a flawed assumption that her father rejected her, and now she's trying to navigate between realizing he didn't reject her and still feeling like a hateful human being.  I still see plenty of potential for drama with Gwen.  The Writers are another story.  Jan seems to be driven more by mental illness.  I can see her as a viable character for longer than a Pop Up but the Show has a penchant for Mustache-Twirling nonsense.  My problem with Kristin is that Stacy Haiduk doesn't play her with a convincing sense of vulnerability, so all of her recent storylines feel ridiculous. 

The girl's kiss may have been interesting to me 20 years ago but same-sex kissing as a provocative scene seems so silly at this point and time.  I'm glad others enjoyed, though.  

Didn't Susan go to get her teeth fixed right before she did the switch with Kristin?  Am I totally imagining a scene where she had to hurry off for that, and then the relief that I thought I felt at never having to watch Susan pull her stupid teeth out of her mouth?  

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes for this...and then @norcalgal mentioned Brady being in a coma and I feel like this storyline could go on for an eternity.  

A coma!  Wow!  No one has been in a coma in a really long time!  What DRAMA!  We will all be on the edge of our seats wondering if he will ever wake up! 

So the writers are apparently just throwing darts at the plot board now right?  Let's see, fighting to be CEO of DiMeara or Titan, spending time tied up in the DiMeara wine cellar (or otherwise being kidnapped), in a coma, and people somehow being forced to move in with other people/ being the never ending house guest in someone's magically expanding house/apartment.  Am I missing anything?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
11 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

If Days ever gets canceled, I want a spin off of Lucas going around town making sarcastic deadpan comments.

I would like at least one episode a week that's just that lol.

I would give all my moneys for this to happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

There are people who don't sympathize with Gwen, though, so I see her as more of a grey character.  Gwen's villainy was based on a flawed assumption that her father rejected her, and now she's trying to navigate between realizing he didn't reject her and still feeling like a hateful human being.  I still see plenty of potential for drama with Gwen.  The Writers are another story.  Jan seems to be driven more by mental illness.  I can see her as a viable character for longer than a Pop Up but the Show has a penchant for Mustache-Twirling nonsense.  My problem with Kristin is that Stacy Haiduk doesn't play her with a convincing sense of vulnerability, so all of her recent storylines feel ridiculous. 

In the audience? Yeah a lot of us don't however on the show that's now how they present it. Characters like Julie and Abby who don't sympathize with her tend to be hand waived when they bring it up with she's "Jack's daughter" as the justification to liking her well so is Abby.  Steve seems to not get this treatment but again he was a drive by its not as if he's going to play a major role in disliking Gwen. Jennifer has been taken out of this storyline because we know she normally would take Abby's side over Gwen's based on past history. So now we see her agreeing with Jack when otherwise we know she wouldn't. Jack has total tunnel vision when it comes to Gwen and completely forgets about his other daughter. Chad doesn't have any real agency in this storyline whatsoever he just reacts and does nothing of significance. A potted plant could take his place(and be an improvement tbh).

JJ hasn't been mentioned in this storyline(I'm glad BTW) but we know he would take Abby's side yet I know if he was here they would have him blindly follow Gwen despite having no connection to her besides flirting with her at one point. They made a potentially soapy story that could last years into something completely mundane because they neutered the drama out of it.

I do agree Jan is a one note cartoon villain she could be more but Ron is writing this show and honestly her status is the best version of the character because otherwise she'd be another Kristen and one is bad enough. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

No it's not. It wasn't meant to be a surprise even before Allie came Lucas and others went on and on about how much of a party girl and wild and head strong she was. Since she's been here she's been drab and extremely low energy and doesn't even inject life into her performance.

I would be too if I had been sexually assaulted, and that assault turned into a surprise pregnancy. Then coming home she has to face her parents and grandparents, obviously depressed about the circumstances. Soon her depression and/or PTSD turns into anger/rage as she confronts the man who she believes is her rapist, etc. etc.

After experiencing all that, I'd be low energy too...and definitely not whopping it up all over Salem. Party girl came down to earth after giving birth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Again @MsTree No she sounds like Eeyore constantly even when she's supposed to be "happy" like w her baby or Grandma and has dull eyes. And she's far from the only character on soaps that been raped there's like 157 on Days alone and they don't have the charisma of wilted kale. 

if your belief was accurate than Ciara, Sami, Eric, Brady, Marlena, Jenn, Kayla ect would all be monotone and drowsy and charmless like her and are all being portrayed wrong. The actors should get on her level of artistic interpretation.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, MsTree said:

I would be too if I had been sexually assaulted, and that assault turned into a surprise pregnancy. Then coming home she has to face her parents and grandparents, obviously depressed about the circumstances. Soon her depression and/or PTSD turns into anger/rage as she confronts the man who she believes is her rapist, etc. etc.

After experiencing all that, I'd be low energy too...and definitely not whopping it up all over Salem. Party girl came down to earth after giving birth.

This has always been my interpretation of the character.  People are so different. You don’t know how they react to things.  Allie also kept the rape a secret and did not get the help she needed. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 4

Seeing flashbacks from 16 years ago is one of the reasons I love Soaps. Wow, all of the original players in a storyline that can naturally reference history while simultaneously moving the story forward is what I would like to see more of from Ron. Lucas/Sami/Chloe were wonderful. While I've never been much of a Lucas fan, I do think all three did a wonderful job, and I always enjoy Chloe/Sami scenes although they've never had a major storyline together.

Allie/Chanel were great. I agree with everyone that the actress isn't the best for what they hope to be going for with Allie. She just doesn't give off  "party girl" vibe, especially next to Chanel. However, I did like the suggestions that Chanel will be the Sami to Tripp/Allie's Austin and Carrie, and I also like the suggestion that Claire is becoming obsessed with Chanel. Chanel is what this young 20s set needed to bring some life into them. However, I actually think Allie may be the Austin and not the Carrie in this triangle.

I thought Brady/Susan worked well together. Brady was horrified while still being in character with wanting to protect Kristen. The cliffhanger with the car crash felt like great Soap. Kristen did all of this to "protect" Brady while causing him more damage than Chloe ever could. I used to love that irony in Soaps and I loved it today.

Jake becomes more pointless with every episode he's featured in. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So the writers are apparently just throwing darts at the plot board now right?  Let's see, fighting to be CEO of DiMeara or Titan, spending time tied up in the DiMeara wine cellar (or otherwise being kidnapped), in a coma, and people somehow being forced to move in with other people/ being the never ending house guest in someone's magically expanding house/apartment.  Am I missing anything?

You forgot the sudden availability of facial masks of everyone in Salem that magically turns the wearer into that person, regardless of weight, height, build, or sex.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

You forgot the sudden availability of facial masks of everyone in Salem that magically turns the wearer into that person, regardless of weight, height, build, or sex.

Sami’s Stan mask also aged 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Is it a mask? I thought we were meant to think it was Sami in a moustache

I was confused because I thought it was supposed to just be like makeup but then Lucas seemed to look down like he was looking at a Stan mask. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 1:53 AM, Petunia13 said:

Again @MsTree No she sounds like Eeyore constantly even when she's supposed to be "happy" like w her baby or Grandma and has dull eyes. And she's far from the only character on soaps that been raped there's like 157 on Days alone and they don't have the charisma of wilted kale. 

if your belief was accurate than Ciara, Sami, Eric, Brady, Marlena, Jenn, Kayla ect would all be monotone and drowsy and charmless like her and are all being portrayed wrong. The actors should get on her level of artistic interpretation.

Petunia, I heard you the first time, so I don't need an "again" to preface your opinion.

As Tribeca indicated, everyone's different in how they react (good, bad or indifferent) to their trauma, etc. Agree Allie is one-note, but that's part of her personality, and how she dealt with things, until she ran into Chanel...who is someone she trusts. She knows Chanel won't judge her. That is freeing to Allie, and hopefully more of her true (up to now hidden) personality will appear.

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 1

Sami & Lucas are fun to watch. That said, the only thing I’m interested in currently is Abigail & Gwen. I’m guessing Marci Miller and her camel color coat will be leaving Salem soon. I guess with her gone this gives more time for Gwen to worm herself more into Jack and Chad’s life with new doctor Michael Lowry lurking in the corner with her secret.  I don’t care about Susan and/or Kristen. I want both of them dead. Kinda harsh to say that on Mother’s Day but those are the breaks folks. Enjoy your Sunday y’all. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I can't stand characters who are bitches for no reason and act like imbeciles,   Like  Kristen  

Kristen has now passed the point of no return for me. I think she is irredeemable and needs to be sent away forever to jail or killed off. I really thought Sarah was sent to Melaswen where it would suck but she would have running water and fake Salem to live in, but apparently she was dumped, delusional, on some deserted island with no food or shelter. I know this is Days so she will be fine but in real life she would be likely dead, and Kristen does not seem to know or care what happened to her. I thought Brady was way more focused on getting Kristen back into the slammer so her sentence would not be extended and less on dumping her crazy ass forever, but I have come to expect him to act like an imbecile too.

• Love 10
On 5/1/2021 at 7:37 PM, TenaciousWarrior said:

See, that’s the one part I buy. If Steve, Shane, Bo, and John can have long lost children, so can Jack. It was his turn, LOL.

I stopped watching for a bit and missed how they revealed that she is Jack's daughter - who is her mother?  Was he brainwashed?  A one night stand?  An actual girlfriend?  Before or after he met Jennifer?  Who is older, Abby or Gwen?  Maybe none of this was actually explained, but it's a ridiculous storyline.

With Steve and John at least, they've spent a good portion of their lives brainwashed.  I guess I can see how it could happen for them.  And Bo just had a kid he knew about be resurrected from the dead, his wasn't really a surprise 25 years later with a pregnancy he didn't even know about... (unless there is someone other than Chelsea, but that's the only child of Bo's that I can think of). 

I guess this is just a regurgitated soap opera plot, tale as old as time...

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I stopped watching for a bit and missed how they revealed that she is Jack's daughter - who is her mother?  Was he brainwashed?  A one night stand?  An actual girlfriend?  Before or after he met Jennifer?  Who is older, Abby or Gwen?  Maybe none of this was actually explained, but it's a ridiculous storyline.

One night stand from before he even came to Salem, her mother was Tiffany Rizchech, played by Emily O in flashbacks as a sleezy druggie. So Gwen is older and yeah it makes sense as Jack was a party boy before he set his eyes on Kayla

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

One night stand from before he even came to Salem, her mother was Tiffany Rizchech, played by Emily O in flashbacks as a sleezy druggie. So Gwen is older and yeah it makes sense as Jack was a party boy before he set his eyes on Kayla

Thank you!

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I can't stand characters who are bitches for no reason and act like imbeciles,   Like  Kristen  

Definitely describes Kristen and also Chanel.  It's not cute or charming and while I do think this new version of Claire is of an idiot, I do appreciate that she thinks she's helping her cousin by warning her against a scam artist.  Allie isn't any more entertaining in her scenes with Chanel then in her scenes anyone else--to me, both actress are duds and need to be cut loose.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Wow!

Chloe was kind of awesome today.  

Going home to watch. Does Brady remember Kristen is Susan or is that conveniently wiped from his dumbass brain?

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Going home to watch. Does Brady remember Kristen is Susan or is that conveniently wiped from his dumbass brain?

I don't think we know yet. 

Guys, are Sami and Lucas going to actually realize something is wrong with Kate?

You know what else?  Allie and Tripp kind of worked for me on mute.  (I was in a meeting.)

What Chanel did with the intent of leaving Tripp and Claire with the check was sneaky and wrong but goodness, Claire seems madder about that than Charlie the rapist.  Once she learned that Chanel and Allie were long term friends, she needed to drop it.  Also, there's nothing weird about two women kissing or "weird" in the way she said it as if it's a bad thing. Being surprised? Maybe.  But some weird master blackmail plan?  C'mon.   As long as Allie's not inebriated, let her navigate her kissing experiences. Just because she hasn't expressed interest in girls in the past doesn't mean she's 100% not interested in girls.  She's young.  It's not like it's unheard of for bisexual women or lesbians to realize that they're exclusively interested in or also interested in women in their 20s--or even later.

• Love 7

Off topic. I saw a picture online in SOD of Missy Reeves. She was with her daughter, daughter in law and her grandkids. She looked very happy. She was dressed very boho casual and looked really happy. It’s a really cute picture. I get the impression she doesn’t want to come back. That said, it’s weird that they let Cady leave until they knew Missy was coming back. I guess with the NBC renewal and actors contracts it was easier to write her off for now and save some money in the process. 

• Love 4

What is Gabi wearing?

It's funny how Kayla is telling Chloe everything about Brady, and letting her stay with him, even though she has no connection to him other than co-workers.

I guess the next mask will be Chloe.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Guys, are Sami and Lucas going to actually realize something is wrong with Kate?

You know what else?  Allie and Tripp kind of worked for me on mute.  (I was in a meeting.)

What Chanel did with the intent of leaving Tripp and Claire with the check was sneaky and wrong but goodness, Claire seems madder about that than Charlie the rapist.  Once she learned that Chanel and Allie were long term friends, she needed to drop it.  Also, there's nothing weird about two women kissing or "weird" in the way she said it as if it's a bad thing. Being surprised? Maybe.  But some weird master blackmail plan?  C'mon.   As long as Allie's not inebriated, let her navigate her kissing experiences. Just because she hasn't expressed interest in girls in the past doesn't mean she's 100% not interested in girls.  She's young.  It's not like it's unheard of for bisexual women or lesbians to realize that they're exclusively interested in or also interested in women in their 20s--or even later.

Claire does seem to be taking all her anger out on Chanel and seems way too protective of Allie.  Chanel did kiss Allie without her consent but Allie seemed fine and explained her position.  
   Claire has talked in the past about being lonely traveling with mom & dad as a child.  Maybe she is sheltered.  
   This is also still homophobic behavior although I think it would be out of character for Claire.  Tripp also seemed shocked with the kiss.  That seems strange for their age group. 
    Brady did tell Chloe Kristin was not Kristin.  That was that.  Now we wait to see what happens.   

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I did not see the kiss between Chanel and Allie. Did she just go up and kiss Allie?  What was the context?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

lol. They actually worked even less for me on mute because they look like twins to me so it's kinda creepy.

What Chanel did with the intent of leaving Tripp and Claire with the check was sneaky and wrong but goodness, Claire seems madder about that than Charlie the rapist.  Once she learned that Chanel and Allie were long term friends, she needed to drop it. 

Yea, Claire is way OTT. I guess it makes sense, she's obsessive, but the actress just goes all bug eyed and screechy and it's annoying.

47 minutes ago, RedElf said:

What is Gabi wearing?

It has to be the worst thing she's ever worn and she's worn so many doozies. It looked like a Frederick's of Hollywood nightie for fuck's sake! And those boots! Like seriously what the fuck lol?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Gabi being in 'love' with Jake is so silly. Just admit you miss that genetically identical dick already. Please.

But, in spite of that, I liked their scenes today. They got to hash things out and be adult about it and Gabi got to be right the entire time, which is all I ever ask for.

Lucas/Sami/Chloe continues to be delightful. It's so mean and so funny. Lucas trying to get "Kate's" attention had me on the floor. Sometimes these mask shenanigans, as tiresome as they are, do produce a single gem here and there.

Honestly, I'm just jazzed that *things* are *happening* on a daily basis now. I don't even care what those things are, lol. (But I do want to get back to my girl Gwen soon.)

• Love 9
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I did not see the kiss between Chanel and Allie. Did she just go up and kiss Allie?  What was the context?  Thanks!

They were sitting at the bar, laughing and talking about their London days.  Chanel sprung a surprise kiss on her.  Allie seemed surprised but not offended.  

1 hour ago, RedElf said:

What is Gabi wearing?

That wasn't supposed to be lingerie?  It looked like the baby doll style.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1

From what I remember, Allie actively leaned into the kiss when she saw it coming; it seemed entirely consensual and not a surprise. She only got skittish about it when Chanel brought her hand up to cup her face. (I'm not obsessed with this kiss, despite all evidence to the contrary, lol. I just remember feeling good about the context of it at first and then let down by the after talk.)

Unrelated: I can't wait to see what Paulina is planning. I hope it's good and fun and trouble-making.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 5:43 PM, tribeca said:

Sami’s Stan mask also aged 

That's no problem since people obviously get them at their local branch of "Doctor Rolf's Masks 'R Us" national chain of very successful stores. They must not only keep an complete inventory of each city's notable citizens, but are also keeping them up to date with the passing years.

Which would also explain how characters can produce the required maks, with the necessary wig and voice mimicking trick at a moment's notice; they are always in stock!

On 5/7/2021 at 6:51 PM, tribeca said:

I can see why Jake and Ben are friends.  They both handle breakups horribly. 

Is there anyone in Salem who handles a breakup maturely and without going either into a psychotic episode or a complete pathetic breakdown (the latter script device most frequently being used for the male characters)? Ben and Jake are fitting right in.

2 hours ago, RedElf said:

What is Gabi wearing?

It looked like 70s style Go-Go dancer boots along with a visible bra, both in front and back, and a much-too-short skirt. It was the sleaziest, most vulgar look she has displayed so far. Which surely means that line will be a runaway success for GabiChic.

Lani was criticising Paulina because she had not inquired about her Devil twins in a few days, but on the other hand last week she was ready to hire a no-experience, unreliable and lying grifter to look after those same "precious" infants? Thankfully Chanel, of all people, had better sense than this supposedly bright star of the SPD.

And how can Chanel have earned a "great degree"? She has been portrayed as incapable of putting any real effort into anything, except living off other people's money. Perhaps she paid others to take exams and write papers in her place (all on Paulina's dime of course).

Will Abe finally have to face a reckoning for his recurring conflicts of interest? This time favouring a project set up by a relative and using his influence to make it happen. Since he is he default Mayor for Salem and the city apparently has no other durable option, I kind of doubt it.

Edited by wurdalak
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, nollf said:

From what I remember, Allie actively leaned into the kiss when she saw it coming; it seemed entirely consensual and not a surprise. She only got skittish about it when Chanel brought her hand up to cup her face. (I'm not obsessed with this kiss, despite all evidence to the contrary, lol. I just remember feeling good about the context of it at first and then let down by the after talk.)

Was literally replaying this in my mind thinking the exact same thing when I read your post. The clearly both leaned in to kiss each other at the end of that episode when it first happened, and I was thinking, well damn, I guess Allie is gay or bi...interesting! But then the next episode, Allie was all why'd you kiss me? No girl, y'all kissed each other. If they were gonna go with the 'Allie was surprised' route, they should've played it differently. But whatever, I'm not pressed about it one way or the other, lol.

I've gone from being completely dubious about Chanel after her debut episode to completely loving her now. I'm always looking forward to her scenes, and I think the actress has brought a much needed spark to the Claire/Allie/Tripp crowd. Kinda excited to see what she gets up to next, as well as what Paulina is planning. Before today's episode, I was starting to feel like Paulina was just a means of bringing Chanel on the show, and Paulina was gonna fade away.

4 hours ago, nollf said:

Lucas/Sami/Chloe continues to be delightful. It's so mean and so funny. Lucas trying to get "Kate's" attention had me on the floor. Sometimes these mask shenanigans, as tiresome as they are, do produce a single gem here and there.

Agree with this, too. I think the DNA-defying masks are so stupid, but it was funny watching "Kate" blow in and completely blow off Lucas, while he and Sami were all WTF. And I'm late to comment on it, but I enjoyed seeing Stan again, even if I don't remember all the particulars when it comes to that story. Dan Wells is still adorable.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, nollf said:

From what I remember, Allie actively leaned into the kiss when she saw it coming

I believe your take.  Mine was based on looking at my computer screen for literally a split second.  During that split second, the kiss began so I missed the mutual lean in.

• Love 1

First off, Chanel seems very one note. She’s good for a laugh but the character doesn’t seem she has much growth. I know she isn’t a murderer like Ben but the I don’t want to work and leaching of others isn’t that exciting to me. At least, Erica Kane had a job. LOL!!!!! Secondly, I didn’t even realize that it was fake Kate at the hospital. I totally put Kristen out of my mind and forgot the first half of the show. I think that shows how over I am with Kristen and Susan. Can she go back to jail already?!?!?!

• Love 7

Claire did have a reason to have a go at Chanel in terms of her stiffing her and Tripp for a huge bar bill. I do wonder what her mom is up to - buying more of the Salem Square?

Couldn't believe Kate would just zip by Lucas and Sami and go to Brady's room. That would be weird. Hopefully Chloe will figure out she is 'Kristen'. And that Kristen goes back to jail.

Good for Chloe to figure out that Dr. Dunn was done-zo and that he was Stan, er, Sami in disguise. Lucas does need to tell her the truth.

I didn't mind Gabi's boots. Wished they were a bit taller and hit the knee. The outfit, not so much.

Felt bad for poor Kate crawling around the wildnerness.

• Love 2
On 5/8/2021 at 1:46 AM, DaphneCat said:

Not at thing.  I feel like you're reading my mind.  

What is happening to me?  I was totally #TeamChloe during all of those scenes with Sami and Lucas.  I really wanted to smack Sami, and I usually root for her and her schemes.  

I don't know how the hell Kate jumped out of that car but at least she did, and hopefully someone will find her soon enough to put an end to this disaster of a storyline.  

Poor Chloe.  Freaking KrAte lurking in the background.  

I hate, hate, hate what those Writers have done to Claire.  She's become such a whiny, pathetic character.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, nollf said:

Unrelated: I can't wait to see what Paulina is planning. I hope it's good and fun and trouble-making.

Yes! There was no surprise there, she leaned in as if it was natural for her. Bad acting or bad writing? 

• Love 1