Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

This episode was great. They're really firing on (almost) all cylinders lately.

Abigail continues to just be really compelling to me and MM is doing such a good job. She better get an Emmy nom! The Gabi/Abigail scenes were fantastic.

I'm letting go of my disappointment that Gwen is actually remorseful. I still kinda wish we'd get a scene of her monologuing about loving how all this is hurting Abigail but at the same time, I do actually like where Gwen is right now and EO is doing well. I miss her snark and bitchiness so much though.

Please TPTB, I'm begging you, let go of Jake/Gabi! 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm letting go of my disappointment that Gwen is actually remorseful.

I'm wondering if she's going to lose the baby and then lie about it. Just like Nicole did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, wurdalak said:

Have they ever explained how Kristen always the correct life mask ready when she needs to impersonate someone? Does she keep a complete stock of all of Salem's prominent faces, just in case? And who makes them; does she have a handy kit always at the ready? If so, it is extremely fast and efficient.

We should be glad that Kristen doesn't intend to impersonate Lani anytime soon. I can only imagine the reaction to that one.

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, wurdalak said:

Have they ever explained how Kristen always the correct life mask ready when she needs to impersonate someone? Does she keep a complete stock of all of Salem's prominent faces, just in case? And who makes them; does she have a handy kit always at the ready? If so, it is extremely fast and efficient.

Rolf makes them. yes, she has one ready for anyone who has ever or will ever live in Salem.   She should go totally random and put on a mask of someone who hasn't been there for eons.  Someone who was like 20 when she left and her mask would make her look exactly like she looked when she left.  maybe Sami's friend, Jamie.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
28 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Abby and Gabi have no chemistry as friends. Stop trying to force it, writers.

Oddly enough the only people I felt Gabi had chemistry with as friends was Kate and JJ. One is no longer on the show and Kate well they ruined that one with Jake.

• Useful 1

Maybe Kristen can open a costume or Halloween shop. Those masks can be rented by other Salem residents to pull pranks. They still must cost a fortune in order to get the voice chip part right, along with the person's body type.

Gwen, you're remorseful? And you want to move in with Jack and Jennifer? Nice to see you for a minute, Jennifer. It may not be a good idea. How are you going to explain possibly having a miscarriage or cramps or whatever in your hotel room? Wouldn't you be going to the hospital?

Poor little Henry. At least Tripp has a kind, calming bedsde manner. Surprised he's rememberd so much medical stuff after not doing anything for months.

Too bad Kristen didn't inform Kate that she 'disappeared' Sarah Horton and she will make a new friend on the DiMera Island. Jake is a little too bright in figuring out that Kate is missing and is suspicious.

Abs and Gabs make unusual bedfellows and have an unusual relationship. Dragging Gabi out for lunch was a bit desperate. No idea why she is hung up on Jake other than his resemblance to Stefan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Then Stefan came along and when they made him CEO he got the house. I assumed that meant whoever was CEO of DiMera retained ownership of the mansion, so when Gabby was ousted, I thought Chad owned it again.

It seems like Stefan ousted Chad as CEO and he figured out how to steal the Mansion from him.  I don't think Stefan got the Mansion because he was CEO.  Then, Gabi got it because she was married to Stefan when he died.  

11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I also liked the Gwen/Jack scenes

Me, too.  Matthew Ashford and Emily O'Brien have great father/daughter chemistry.  I'm totally convinced that Jack would be making choices about Gwen that will piss the hell out of Abigail.  

If Gwen is going to lose that baby, I'm crossing my fingers and toes that she'll continue to pretend she's pregnant.  

How many people is Kristin going to take to that Island?  Melaswen 2.0?  She seems to be adept at making those masks.  

Is Tripp a doctor now, or are they waiting for May Sweeps when he has to save someone's life to make it official?  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

when was Gabi in love with Jake?  They were in an item for like a minute.  

Right! The other day, Jake told someone they 'dated' and I was like when. I wish they'd just have Gabi realize she's not hung up on Jake, she's just not over Stefan and then she can be like 'well, he's dead so I need to move on to Phillip' lol. 

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If Gwen is going to lose that baby, I'm crossing my fingers and toes that she'll continue to pretend she's pregnant. 

Yea, I'm hoping she has a miscarriage and then gets back her fire and uses it to continue to fuck with Abigail and Chad. I just need her to bring back her snarky/bitchy side because her being contrite all the time is annoying me lol.

• Love 8

Today's episode was classic soap opera:  Gwen has a miscarriage, she shows up to tell Chad but finds Abigail instead, they get into an argument while standing on a super-dramatic staircase, and Gwen falls down the stairs, landing in a heap at the feet of Jack and Chad.  DAMN!!  Abs looked suitably horrified, so of course everyone is going to think she pushed Gwen and the miscarriage will be blamed on her too--DAMN!!

Good for Ben for apologizing to Claire but what was with her gazing at the flowers he gave her?  The writers need to give Ben a little breathing space before they can even start a romance with Claire or anyone else for that matter.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today's episode was classic soap opera:  Gwen has a miscarriage, she shows up to tell Chad but finds Abigail instead, they get into an argument while standing on a super-dramatic staircase, and Gwen falls down the stairs, landing in a heap at the feet of Jack and Chad.  DAMN!!  Abs looked suitably horrified, so of course everyone is going to think she pushed Gwen and the miscarriage will be blamed on her too--DAMN!!

Good for Ben for apologizing to Claire but what was with her gazing at the flowers he gave her?  The writers need to give Ben a little breathing space before they can even start a romance with Claire or anyone else for that matter.  

Guess this is the way they'll send Marcy off for maternity leave.    I don't know if they'll go there with this, but I noticed that as Tripp was exiting his scene with the snippy doctor, Gwen comes rushing in.   Tripp looked at her as he was getting on the elevator.   So there is a witness that she was at the hospital in distress before her altercation with Abby.  And and I assume a record of the miscarriage.  

• Useful 6

I wonder where Cady is shooting her scenes.

"Let's go out and talk in the middle of the lobby so we can speak in private."

I was wondering about the weird camera angle cutting off Chad's head and just showing Abigail, then I realized that they framed it that way to cover up her pregnancy with her briefcase.

Doctor Snyder is a piece of crap.

Does one just walk out of the hospital after having a miscarriage?

Funny that Kristen couldn't remember how many children Kate had with Roman.

Abigail deserved that slap.

I wonder how being in the middle of a miscarriage story is affecting Marci?

I'm definitely not a medical professional, but if a woman falls down stairs and has a miscarriage, wouldn't there be some ... evidence ... of the miscarriage?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The writers need to give Ben a little breathing space

awkward canadian GIF by CBC

I'm actually looking forward to Ben and Claire developing a romance and bonding over smoke asphyxiation. 💖

• LOL 8

So Nicole did to Abigail's mother what Gwen is likely going to do to Abigail. Wonder if that will ever come up.

21 hours ago, Katy M said:

Rolf makes them.

I think Kristen told Sarah that Rolf taught her how to make them. Now how she whips them up so quickly I don't know. Maybe she has a 3-D printer.

Edited by bannana
speculation
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I would have bought him having feelings for ORK Claire because she pushed all his buttons and called him on all of his shit. 

I miss that. 

2 hours ago, sas616 said:

Guess this is the way they'll send Marcy off for maternity leave.    I don't know if they'll go there with this, but I noticed that as Tripp was exiting his scene with the snippy doctor, Gwen comes rushing in.   Tripp looked at her as he was getting on the elevator.   So there is a witness that she was at the hospital in distress before her altercation with Abby.  And and I assume a record of the miscarriage.  

Yea, it seemed deliberate that they had Tripp witness that. I’m interested to see if he gets involved. I hope so, I enjoy it when they mix up the characters.

1 hour ago, RedElf said:

I wonder how being in the middle of a miscarriage story is affecting Marci?

I’ve been wondering that, too. I imagine it’s hard. At least she’s not having to play out a miscarriage herself while pregnant, which I believe has happened a couple times in soaps.

Claire is embarrassing herself so much with Ben. The way she was cradling his head, like girl please get some self respect. And then he kissed her neck which yuck. I don’t know, they’re just really icky to me lol.

I get that Jake is confused and upset, but the way he was manhandling and speaking to ‘Kate’ was not a good look.

EO was amazing today. Now, may Gwen use the accident to further destroy Abigail lol.

I continue to like Abigail more than I ever have and MM continues to do amazing work.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

I'm definitely not a medical professional, but if a woman falls down stairs and has a miscarriage, wouldn't there be some ... evidence ... of the miscarriage?

Not necessarily.   The fall could render the pregnancy unviable but that doesn't mean the bleeding would start immediately.   Some miscarriages even require a D and C.

The doctor would know when it actually happened but couldn't share the info unless compelled by a court of law.

I haven't seen today yet but it's also possible she was told she was having a miscarriage and to go home to let it happen naturally.   So she could still technically be pregnant when she went down the stairs.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

I think he is a crooked dr and is also the one who helped Jan get out to kill Charlie. I am just guessing he is either on the Vitalli or some other payroll and I am sure he and Gwen worked out a deal for his silence. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I would have bought him having feelings for ORK Claire because she pushed all his buttons and called him on all of his shit. 

I could see it now: ORK Claire smarting over her relationship with Charlie, lashing out at Ben, telling him how much better Ciara is without him, mocking him for his "telepathic/metaphysical connection" with Ciara, and Ben giving it right back to her, all culminating in some crazy hate-sex!

• Love 3

Gwen came straight upstairs instead of the room right by the front door. After all she's done, Abby should be having nothing to do with everyone defending her Chad, Jack, her mother telling her the nonsense that she should make amends with Gwen.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Not necessarily.   The fall could render the pregnancy unviable but that doesn't mean the bleeding would start immediately.   Some miscarriages even require a D and C.

The doctor would know when it actually happened but couldn't share the info unless compelled by a court of law.

I haven't seen today yet but it's also possible she was told she was having a miscarriage and to go home to let it happen naturally.   So she could still technically be pregnant when she went down the stairs.

She was still pregnant. She was told the baby had no heartbeat and she needed a d&c

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The doctor said there wasn't a heartbeat. He scheduled a D&C, but we don't know if she had it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, katycat74 said:

Dr Snyder is being played by Jake Lowry. I KNEW he looked familiar. He was Jake Martin on AMC back in the day.

Actually, it's Michael Lowry.  😉 Still, yeah, he was Jake Martin on AMC. Nice to see some old faces getting work.

• Love 1

Geez, Dr. Snyder, give your new 1st year med student/resident a break.  No need to be on his case. This was a tough patient. His unknown half-brother's son, product of a sexual assault, of which he was the prime suspect for quite some time. It takes a little time to be 'professional' under these circumstances. Maybe excuse the awkwardness.

Why has no one reported Sarah Horton missing or saying she was fired for abandoning her position? Did Kristen send a resignation letter to Kayla?

Claire, back off Ben. Wait til Ciara begins divorce proceedings. You too will get caught in the eventual memory return - it's more than likely Ciara will regain her memory - and you and Theo will both be collateral damage. Unless you get together with Theo to plot some mischief.

I did like Ben and Tripp talking to each other. Finally each have someone else in their orbit and not just immediate family.

Did feel badly for Gwen - the little piece of stability she has wanted is gone. Devastating for her. So she has to go back for a procedure? Tripp saw her at the elevator. It is still strange that there is no emergency room set at the Salem Hospital. You just can't walk on to a floor of a hospital looking for help. She did also mention to Abs that her baby was a girl. How would she know that?

Yes, Abs did deserve that slap. Whether you like it or not, you have a half sister. You don't have to be friends, you don't have to interact. Lay off each other. Unfortunate or a lucky break for Gwen that Abs may indeed have pushed her down the stairs. It probably was an accident and she just lost her balance. Works out rather nicely in terms of her miscarriage in that it leaves her a few options.

Why hasn't Jennifer returned? Is she having an estate sale by appointment only?

So Kate has no idea how many kids she has with Roman? Or how many kids she has? Maybe a few haven't showed up yet. Jake should notice her weird behaviour and yeah, Roman is wanting to move in. Poor Katten.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I did like Ben and Tripp talking to each other. Finally each have someone else in their orbit and not just immediate family.

I was only half watching so I don't know what caused them to sit and have a chat, but I thought it was strange. Were they friends before? Did they even interact before?

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I was only half watching so I don't know what caused them to sit and have a chat, but I thought it was strange. Were they friends before? Did they even interact before?

I believe that they mainly interacted as rivals for Ciara's affections.  (Didn't Tripp try to frame Ben for the fire that Claire set for Ciara?)  I guess they can be friends now that Tripp is no longer hung up on her.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RedElf said:

I wonder where Cady is shooting her scenes.

Me, too.  Someone here said that Cady had taped a bunch of scenes before she was done, and that's what we're seeing.  But it's strange that we're still seeing her in that set with the couch when Jennifer could just be in Salem, USA interacting with her family.  

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Why hasn't Jennifer returned? Is she having an estate sale by appointment only?

I think she's only selling one piece at a time.  One appointment per day.  

7 hours ago, RedElf said:

And I'm here for it!  Kayla needs a foil.  Even better if he starts causing trouble for Kayla.  I love it when those Writers give MBE something fun to work with.  

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I continue to like Abigail more than I ever have and MM continues to do amazing work.

I love how she vacillates between Abigail wanting to be a better person and says horrible things to Gwen, portraying both variations completely convincing.  

Gwen falling down the stairs kinda/sorta reminded me of GL's Annie making it look like Reva caused her miscarriage but I think Annie orchestrated her fall.  I remember when Nicole did something like this to Jennifer. 

We got our weekly dose of "Charlie's dead and can't hurt us anymore".  If that's not intended to be foreshadowing, then I hate those Writers more than I thought.  *giggle*

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

70 something year old Roman would break 40 something year old Jake in half? The mask fumes is making Kristen/Kate delusional.

How long has LK/Kate had this blue hair? I vaguely remember when it was just a streak and it seems to be growing rapidly. It's never seemed in character for Kate.

I did like the Gwen/Abby fall. I always love when someone is wrongfully accused for the "death" of a fetus. I hope this means they'll reposition Gwen to be more a villain again because this whimpering heroine isn't doing it for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

If I was Jennifer I stay away as long as I could.  
Ben and Tripp were weird.  It’s so strange they way Ben is so into gossip. 
Jake handled Kates breaking up with him terribly.  He is really too aggressive.  Don’t care how old Kristin is.   She is nuts and the one who could break Jake in half. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think he is a crooked dr and is also the one who helped Jan get out to kill Charlie. I am just guessing he is either on the Vitalli or some other payroll and I am sure he and Gwen worked out a deal for his silence. 

Him being on the Viatli payroll would make sense since after his talk with Tripp I figured they're gonna have him having some kind of problem with Kayla. And I'm with @enchantingmonkey on hoping that's it because I'd love to see Kayla get something to do lol.

• Love 3

This mask shit has got to go. This is Disney channel level storytelling (if we take out the rape and murder). 

Off hand has Gwen ever said she had a fucking job or schooling besides the one nanny thing handed to her for no reason and bizarrely since she was an asylum escapee? No women in 20s has career goals or hobbies I’ve noticed Ron has issues w them

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Allie’s mom covers her expenses. No idea if she is qualified for any job. Maybe she can go to the DiMera Executive Education School or discover she has skills in er, uh, well, something.

Chanel is looking for a meal ticket or Sugsrdaddy. Surely, she and all the other 20s folks can look in to an Instagram or other influencer job.

Claire wanted to be a singer or songwriter. Nada, nothing.

Maybe Ciara went to the Kiriakis Business School or maybe both companies are nepotism schools. No real plans.

Ben got some kind of security job and then a mechanic job til the whole Ciara glass wall thing and now he is doing not much.

Tripp has returned to med school.

Theo has some tech startup in South Africa but who knows.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Yes, Abs did deserve that slap. Whether you like it or not, you have a half sister.

Nope, sorry. I'm totally with Abby here.

I could see if she is acting this way had Gwen not ever targeted Abby out of jealousy and tried to DESTROY Abby and her family just because Abby had her dad and Gwen didn't. Had Gwen just showed up and announced she thinks Jack was her father with none of the machinations, I'd agree Gwen would not deserve Abby's behavior.

But Gwen did do all of that and more. If Abby wants to go full bitch on Gwen, cool. It's all she deserves.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Nope, sorry. I'm totally with Abby here.

I could see if she is acting this way had Gwen not ever targeted Abby out of jealousy and tried to DESTROY Abby and her family just because Abby had her dad and Gwen didn't. Had Gwen just showed up and announced she tinks Jack was her father with none of the machinations, I'd agree Gwen would not deserve Abby's behavior.

But Gwen did do all of that and more. If Abby wants to go full bitch on Gwen, cool. It's all she deserves.

Precisely.

And watch Gwen likely turn into a raging hypocrite in addition to malicious sociopathic liar if she expects Abigail to be punished to the high heavens for her accidental fall.   And it was an accident.  Either of them could have ended up at the bottom of those stairs.  Or she'll claim to finally have an actual reason to hate and go after Abigail and keep ignoring the fact that she had no such reason before.

Gwen will expect punishment and retribution from Abigail for an accident when she's been walking around demanding, while being enabled by Jack and Chad, immediate forgiveness and acceptance for all her deliberate actions against Abigail for Abigail's crimes of growing up (barely) with her father.  She'll probably demand Abigail pay for something she KNOWS Abigail didn't do when she was in the same exact scenario pretty much with Laura and that was chalked up to an accident.

F-her.  You reap what you sow Gwen.  

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Honestly, at some point, I hope Gwen gets Charlie Dale'd. As in, dead.

The character isn’t working. Never bought that Jack would have an unknown child from 30:years ago. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The character isn’t working. Never bought that Jack would have an unknown child from 30:years ago. 

See, that’s the one part I buy. If Steve, Shane, Bo, and John can have long lost children, so can Jack. It was his turn, LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

Gwen will expect punishment and retribution from Abigail for an accident when she's been walking around demanding, while being enabled by Jack and Chad, immediate forgiveness and acceptance for all her deliberate actions against Abigail for Abigail's crimes of growing up (barely) with her father.  She'll probably demand Abigail pay for something she KNOWS Abigail didn't do when she was in the same exact scenario pretty much with Laura and that was chalked up to an accident.

F-her.  You reap what you sow Gwen.  

I wasn't really watching at the time - so there was no witness to Gwen "accidentally" killing Laura?  And the viewers also couldn't see if it was in fact an accident?

Lastly, I'm with all of you who feel that Gwen (and Jack/Chad) BETTER NOT EFFING blame Abigail for the miscarriage since it's clear the fetus was not viable even before the stairway incident. Gwen claims she wants to have a sisterly relationship with Abigail and turn the page on all her past nefarious deeds. If Gwen doesn't tell the truth (that her fetus was technically dead before the encounter with Abby), then we know Gwen has returned to her nefarious ways blaming someone for something that's not their fault.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

I wasn't really watching at the time - so there was no witness to Gwen "accidentally" killing Laura?  And the viewers also couldn't see if it was in fact an accident?

Lastly, I'm with all of you who feel that Gwen (and Jack/Chad) BETTER NOT EFFING blame Abigail for the miscarriage since it's clear the fetus was not viable even before the stairway incident. Gwen claims she wants to have a sisterly relationship with Abigail and turn the page on all her past nefarious deeds. If Gwen doesn't tell the truth (that her fetus was technically dead before the encounter with Abby), then we know Gwen has returned to her nefarious ways blaming someone for something that's not their fault.

There were no witnesses that anyone knows of at the moment. Gwen, who at that point was already known to have told several vicious lies, was taken entirely at her word by Jack, Chad, everyone except Abigail, that it was an accident.

So, if they even dare to say anything other than accident to Abigail, no matter what Gwen the liar claims, then they deserve to continue have Gwen make them look like the foolish chumps they are.  But Chad and Jack have already taken such hits as characters to prop Gwen, this would just be another KO. 

I never bought any of her claims of wanting a real relationship with Abigail, so if she lies about anything, then it’s just true to form. Why would anyone believe her to be sincere when she still refuses to admit to poisoning Abigail. Her, Chad, and Jack act like sleeping with Chad was no big deal and Abigail should just get over it. Two cheaters would think that, but um, no. I would never make friends with the person who tried to kill me by poisoning  me for months.  Doesn’t matter whose daughter they turned out to be. 

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 10
On 4/29/2021 at 10:24 PM, tribeca said:

Are Gabi and Abby actually friends?   I thought they just shared hating on  Gwen.  

On 4/30/2021 at 10:08 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Right! The other day, Jake told someone they 'dated' and I was like when. I wish they'd just have Gabi realize she's not hung up on Jake, she's just not over Stefan and then she can be like 'well, he's dead so I need to move on to Phillip' lol. 

Yea, I'm hoping she has a miscarriage and then gets back her fire and uses it to continue to fuck with Abigail and Chad. I just need her to bring back her snarky/bitchy side because her being contrite all the time is annoying me lol.

Love this!!

• Love 1

I keep thinking about Sarah wandering some desert island in her wedding dress, talking to a tree that she thinks is Xander. Initially I thought Kristen sent her to Melaswen, but from what she said to Viv it looks like she just dumped her on an abandoned piece of rock somewhere. I am gratified that the Kristen super fans have fallen mostly silent of late, I guess there are limits to there worship of her character. I still see people shipping Bristen though. I am praying that that ship will have not only sailed but sunk in the next month. I need her character gone for good. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Gwen! The bitch is back! I'm so happy!

Can they please move away from Jake/Gabi already. Phillip and Gabi are so fucking sparkly. They could be so much fun together. Also, was Jake manhandling Gabi? I accidentally forgot to push play and missed a bit of their scenes. If so, I'm starting to wonder if this is going anywhere because he was really aggressive with Kate on Friday.

• Love 5