Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, divsc said:

nah, just too much backlash

Yep she was rightfully dragged. Today was a bad day for her to choose to share the thoughts no one asked her about. Also, her “apology” was full of shit.

• Love 20
(edited)

Bethenny has not changed ONE cell from who she was the moment she appeared on RHONY. She rolled out the orphaned "doesn't have parents" narrative to suit her to suck up attention on her road to "fame". Her life is one big tantrum and has been since childhood.  She wrecked and stole BOTH of her parents cars without consequences- well in Skinnydipping she whined about the consequence of wrecking a sports car and then was given a less fancy car as replacement. It is some   frickin' rich of her to complain about MM. Bethenny is blind. 

Bethenny is one sick puppy who is never EVER going to be satisfied with her life until she finds a healthy way of getting past her mother's mania and trying to match her father's business acumen because she still feels the rejection that he picked his work over his daughter.  To live the fake poor little rich girl on screen persona she did, then launch on MM w/indignation of real racist and mental health needs as slights is absolutely one of the lowest things we've seen her do.

She is only dialing it back because of looking tone deaf to racism and MM being denied mental health assistance will hurt her w/her audience. This is truly what Bethenny feels- and she can say what she wants because the RULES DON'T APPLY TO HER.  She is vile. Has been all along.  If you are reading this whatever she is tweeting I assure you Bethenny still feels she can say, do and think whatever she wants. She only edits it for her "firm". 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

My takeaway:  For once, Bethenny's comments could have a disastrous impact on her business and therefore she apologized to make it look as though she was just unaware of what Megan and Harry have gone through.  (Confession: I give zero shits about M&H and the royals in general).

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Funny, I thought "cry me a river" too when I watched B have a panic attack in Cartagena (I can't remember why - Carole wasn't being friendly to her? Please) and talk to Dennis about taking a private plane back to NY. 

B has talked about her relationship with the press and "thank God for the press."  If they turned on her to the point where she couldn't do anything without sharp criticism, or if they went to family members for dirt on her and printed it, or printed a letter from her mom/dad to her, she might finally get it, not to mention the nastiness of being a biracial woman in another country. Page Six is a walk in the park compared.to British tabloids. And we see that non-apology, B ("if you were offended...").

• Love 14
18 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

She is just an insufferable, miserable person.

Another example of this, to me, was when she appeared on Shark Tank.   Generally, the Sharks tend to have amiable relationships with each other. A bit of light-hearted ribbing and occasional tension, but by and large, the vibe is calm, respectful, and friendly.  Basically, I never end up feeling tense or stressed when I watch, even if they do argue with each other. 

Enter Bethanny.  She brought an extremely negative, hostile vibe to the show.  It was such a dramatic change from how it usually is, even when there are different combinations  of sharks on over the years.  To me, I thought the other sharks looked uncomfortable with many of her comments. It really highlighted how caustic she is.   Theoretically, she was among peers- business people who have made a lot of money.  But her overall demeanor and personality was just diametrically opposed to everyone else on the show.  I'm not surprised she was only on for a short time. She simply did not fit in at all.

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think I am just as disinterested in Harry and Megan as I am in Betheny,  

One thing Betheny did get right, though is "cry me a river".  What she got wrong is that she did/does the exact same thing.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Another example of this, to me, was when she appeared on Shark Tank.   Generally, the Sharks tend to have amiable relationships with each other. A bit of light-hearted ribbing and occasional tension, but by and large, the vibe is calm, respectful, and friendly.  Basically, I never end up feeling tense or stressed when I watch, even if they do argue with each other. 

Enter Bethanny.  She brought an extremely negative, hostile vibe to the show.  It was such a dramatic change from how it usually is, even when there are different combinations  of sharks on over the years.  To me, I thought the other sharks looked uncomfortable with many of her comments. It really highlighted how caustic she is.   Theoretically, she was among peers- business people who have made a lot of money.  But her overall demeanor and personality was just diametrically opposed to everyone else on the show.  I'm not surprised she was only on for a short time. She simply did not fit in at all.

I noticed that, too. Does she really believe that she comes from a place of yes? She always strikes me as miserable to the core. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I agree that Bethenny is the last person to criticize someone else, but seeing H&M go on national TV just to diss his family (one that she barely knows) is just plain wrong.  I'm sorry that Meghan endured racist comments, but airing one's dirty laundry like this is really tacky.  I'm also really disappointed that Harry chose to say on TV that his father disappointed him.  OMG, as a parent that just stabs you in the heart.  He should've had that conversation privately with his Dad.  FWIW, I'd really like to hear the other side of the story on everything they accused the royal family of doing, because as we all know, there are 3 sides to a story:  H&M's; the royal family; the truth.    I'm not buying everything those 2 were pedaling.  

Again, I'm talking about accusations outside of the racism issue.  

Sorry, but the royal family being racist and giving the press lies about Megan to deflect from pedophile royals and to bury the Rose Hanbury story is not only just plain wrong, it’s monstrous. So was denying her mental health resources when the racist press had her suicidal. Seems to be, the Royal family had their say for 4 years.

I’m not Bethenny, so I’m not going to take the racism out of the story to make a deceptive and dishonest point for attention on Twitter. 

Casual racism is tacky.

• Love 19
(edited)
19 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'm also really disappointed that Harry chose to say on TV that his father disappointed him.  OMG, as a parent that just stabs you in the heart. 

Charles has not behaved like a decent parent, tho.  He humiliated and rejected Harry's mother,  hurt Harry's wife by allowing her to be trashed and lied about in the press without any push back from her father-in-law, and when even Harry's baby became press fodder  -  including comparing that lovely baby boy to a chimp - Charles did nothing.  Parents who behave selfishly tend to disappoint decent-minded offspring. (Especially when old Pops is protecting his brother the royal rapist,  while allowing his son, his son's wife and his own grandson to be treated like garbage.)

I'm not surprised Bethenny initially (and still, in her heart of hearts) mocked Meghan and Harry. Aside from her main motive being the obsessive need to quench her thirst (with what she hoped would be a million-tongued cyber-licking of her ass) surely her sympathies must lie with the Windsors?  Frankel has also lived with & protected a credibly accused rapist, behaved in questionable ways as a parent, allowed her family to be attacked in the press,  treated the "little people"  - drivers, waiters, assistants, salespeople (pick a job, she's pissed on the person doing it) - like minions, and thinks Black women are loud, and should keep their mouths shut instead of offering criticism of their supposed "betters". Turns out, Bethenny Frankel is a royal shit. Who knew? ; )

frankel in crown - Copy.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21

Folks,

Before we go too far afield, talking about what Bethenny had to say about M&H or any of the royals is fine.  Talking only about the royals is off topic.  They have their own thread in the Everything Else forum.  Please take discussion of the royal family there and leaves this thread to the wonder that is Bethenny Frankel.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I totally agree.  I remember feeling second-hand embarrassment for her as she did not mesh at all.  She wasn't quite as vulgar as her stint on RHONY but she did have a couple of very biting remarks that were so out of place.  

Did she get shit canned from that show?

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Finally. The Real B has been exposed and social media is reacting to her. Good luck to "the bigshotwithbethenny. Justbwithbethenny". Bethenny's new line of sunglasses and frying pans. She has just rebranded herself. Well done.

She should call her new line of cookery "Pot Kettle not black"

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

I haven't heard her brag about her podcast ratings since before the podcast started.   I guess we know what that means.  

Here is a recent review:

“Some interesting parings and the overall concept had me. B progressively doing some type of ridiculous monologue at top of show (usually a full 10 minutes) ultimately turned me off. Identifying and celebrating her own success during each conversation— off the back of her guests stories—- is just bad form. Let them speak and share THEIR story. Be a host! P.S. Lastly, get ready to speed forward. The ads and her adoration for the crap products is obnoxious. This should be a 10-15 minute podcast given the actual value-add content.”

Edited by weaver
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, weaver said:

I haven't heard her brag about her podcast ratings since before the podcast started.   I guess we know what that means.  

Here is a recent review:

“Some interesting parings and the overall concept had me. B progressively doing some type of ridiculous monologue at top of show (usually a full 10 minutes) ultimately turned me off. Identifying and celebrating her own success during each conversation— off the back of her guests stories—- is just bad form. Let them speak and share THEIR story. Be a host! P.S. Lastly, get ready to speed forward. The ads and her adoration for the crap products is obnoxious. This should be a 10-15 minute podcast given the actual value-add content.”

I could have probably written that same review, having never listened to B's podcast (haven't, won't), lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Just saw Bethenny on an episode of Beat Bobby Flay.  She was supposed to be a judge.  There was a young hot Italian chef on it and he was very cute and Bethenny kept hitting on him.  He told her he was married, but that didn't stop her comments.   It was so....shameful and sleazy that I already knew that they'd pick the female chef as the winner over him as a way of overcompensating for Bethenny's behaviour.  And lo and behold, they did.  (If they picked the hot Italian chef, it would look like Bethenny is biased towards him, obviously.) I've seen this dynamic play out on a lot of the cooking shows I've been watching for the past year.  It's really quite disgusting and now that male chef's career potentially won't go as far as it would if he had won.

Here is the IMDb listing of the episode, it's from 5 years ago..... my TV pretended it was from January 2020, alas.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6001868/

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1

Interesting timing for Bethenny to be launching her new "Bethenny" brand when her name is being dragged all over social media for her recent twitter comments. She is certainly entitled to her opinion but has no clue when it comes to consequences for the manner in which she puts her words out there, being all "unfiltered and polarizing" as she likes to remind everyone.

Bethenny to Page Six:

“Skinnygirl is about practical solutions for women and was created when I was a younger woman. Bethenny is about elevated solutions for women,” she explained.

“As a woman, a mother, an entrepreneur, a philanthropist, and a multitasker, this fashion line comes from a more mature, sophisticated and elevated point of view and perspective.”

"Elevated" is not one of the descriptors that comes to mind when I think of Bethenny.

Terminated may be closer to the truth. 

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/19/bethenny-frankel-launches-bethenny-eyewear-branches-out-from-skinnygirl/

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Interesting timing for Bethenny to be launching her new "Bethenny" brand when her name is being dragged all over social media for her recent twitter comments. She is certainly entitled to her opinion but has no clue when it comes to consequences for the manner in which she puts her words out there, being all "unfiltered and polarizing" as she likes to remind everyone.

Bethenny to Page Six:

“Skinnygirl is about practical solutions for women and was created when I was a younger woman. Bethenny is about elevated solutions for women,” she explained.

“As a woman, a mother, an entrepreneur, a philanthropist, and a multitasker, this fashion line comes from a more mature, sophisticated and elevated point of view and perspective.”

"Elevated" is not one of the descriptors that comes to mind when I think of Bethenny.

Terminated may be closer to the truth. 

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/19/bethenny-frankel-launches-bethenny-eyewear-branches-out-from-skinnygirl/

leah.gif?auto=format&fit=fill&q=65&w=720

I give her credit for a) Finally dropping Skinny Girl for a brand name, and  b)pricing her sunglasses more reasonably than her jeans.

She still seems so desperate to me, slapping her name on anything that's put in front of her. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it. At least Sonja (sexy J) in the City was (theoretically) comprised of things that go together: toaster oven, mitts, cookbook etc. Bethenny is all over the place. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, divsc said:

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/21/bethenny-frankel-spotted-with-massive-ring-after-paul-bernon-reunion/

Haven't we played this "I'm wearing a huge ring" media baiting game before? Or like the one she started wearing after Dennis died....?

I suppose it doesn't matter if you or your fiance are still married. When she was engaged to Dennis both she and he were not divorced and she is still married to Jason after 10 years of separation. Is she aiming for the Guiness Book of World Divorce Records? This is a person who (her favorite term) executes and gets the job done. I'm not seeing marriage to Paul in her near future, so slim chance of "Bethenny Getting Married For The Third Time" on Bravo. She doesn't even live in the same state as Paul. They both have young children so neither one presumably won't be relocating. Wearing that ring is just trying to garner attention to draw people away from her unfiltered, polarizing comments regarding #MARRY. (Her very clever hashtag LOL)

I notice that Bethenny has Page Six on speed dial now. Is this the same Beth that says "I am, ironically, one of the most private, insular people you will ever meet. #thisisme"?

Why can't Page Six just leave poor private Bethenny alone to live her humble, quiet life alone with Bryn and her Biggie and Smallz? 

10 hours ago, albarino said:

Unpopular opinion here, I agree with Bethany regarding Harry and Megan and I'm glad she said it.  This does not make me a racist.  I believe our cancel culture has gone way too far and Megan has been shown to be a liar.  Harry has given up everything dear to him and it is very hard to give up your culture and country (ref Megan).  Guess we know who wears the pants in that particular family.  Hope they'll take him back when this relationship explodes.

Regardless, for those who disagree with B, don't buy her products.  It really is that simple.  I've always thought she added interest to the franchise.

Yup. This is the problem with Bethenny. Of course she is entitled to her opinion and to post whatever she wants to announce publicly. The result being that many people were responding that they would no longer be supporting her products. JustBad timing to launch her new "Bethenny" line of eyeglasses and whatever Bethenny product pops up next. (Bethenny Birdhouses? Bethenny Barbecues? Bethenny Beignets? Who knows, she is so random when it comes to products) Based on social media reactions to her comments, her business and her brand are negatively affected, and she has chosen to name her business after herself. It's not just what she says, it's her delivery. She is her own worst enemy. Can't imagine trying to be her publicist.

"Cry me a river" coming from someone who sobbed through season after season of a reality show? She comes across as a hypocrite.

All you have to do is search #bethenny on twitter to see what she has brought upon herself and her brand. Being unfollowed by many fans on twitter and instagram. She can speak her "polarizing, unfiltered" mind all she wants, but shouldn't be surprised when her "Bethenny" brand suffers. For someone who brags about her sharp business skills, not the greatest strategy in terms of timing. In fact a huge dumbass move. 

Not to forget, her new show TheBigshotwithBethenny is due to premiere soon, according to her, this spring. Well spring has sprung. Let's see how that works out for HBOMAX and Bethenny.

Her next project should be BurningBridgeswithBethenny.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

O. M. G. That swimsuit.

She does say, you’re in trouble if you can’t laugh at yourself.

She posted that swimsuit pic on IG.   Many fans loooooooved the suit (????) and asked what brand it was.   No answer.   Paris Hilton posted saying she loved the suit and got an immediate response that "I love you. I''ll text you all the information."   Then B got all sorts of pushback saying oh, your regular followers don't merit an answer but you have to make it a point that you will text Paris privately with the information.  Someone else said she wouldn't post the brand publicly unless she was getting a fee or a cut of sales.  I think it was both.  She won't tag a brand unless she gets a fee and she wanted to showcase the fact that Paris Hilton posted to her.      Once a hustler, always a hustler.  

Just now, weaver said:

She posted that swimsuit pic on IG.   Many fans loooooooved the suit (????) and asked what brand it was.   No answer.   Paris Hilton posted saying she loved the suit and got an immediate response that "I love you. I''ll text you all the information."   Then B got all sorts of pushback saying oh, your regular followers don't merit an answer but you have to make it a point that you will text Paris privately with the information.  Someone else said she wouldn't post the brand publicly unless she was getting a fee or a cut of sales.  I think it was both.  She won't tag a brand unless she gets a fee and she wanted to showcase the fact that Paris Hilton posted to her.      Once a hustler, always a hustler.  

Meanwhile, another poster found the suit on a website and posted all  the info.   I think it was $165.   It's not a flattering cut for her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, Booger666 said:

shesstartin needs to come sit here by me 😂

53E56A1D-1796-477C-9B88-49E6D58D38FF.jpeg

15BFEAD9-2A16-4F8B-A097-9C09A45C021D.jpeg

I had seen Bethenny’s Instagram post and I also watched Below Deck and thought that the suit was really cute on Daisy.  Never even realized it was the same one.

I read today that Bethenny’s divorce was finalized.  Maybe she is thinking of marriage.  Good luck with that.  I have always thought that she is just not marriage material.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Someone is trying to steal attention away from the RHNY trailer being dropped today.

And in other news:

bh1gy31meso61.jpg

Ok.  Paul has known Bethany since 2018 and he still can’t see it coming....it will. She’ll demolish him eventually.  He actually reminds me of Jason a little.   

• Love 12

Engagements/marriages that occur shortly after a breakup rarely end well. There’s a reason why the couple broke up in the first place and there’s no way those issues can be resolved in so short a period of time. I’m not saying there aren’t exceptions to this rule but in nearly every case the couple doesn’t make it down the aisle or if they do there’s a divorce shortly afterward. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, glowbug said:

Even without knowing who Bethenny is, engagements/marriages that occur shortly after a breakup rarely end well. There’s a reason why the couple broke up  in the first place and there’s no way those issues can be resolved in so short a period of time. I’m not saying there aren’t exceptions to this rule but in nearly every case the couple doesn’t make it down the aisle or if they do there’s a divorce shortly afterward. 

Jason and Bethenny have been apart and divorcing for something like eight years.  It wasn't ever even an on again off again thing.  It's actually the longest divorce proceedings I've ever heard about.   So I'm not sure this counts as 'shortly after a breakup'. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Jason and Bethenny have been apart and divorcing for something like eight years.  It wasn't ever even an on again off again thing.  It's actually the longest divorce proceedings I've ever heard about.   So I'm not sure this counts as 'shortly after a breakup'. 

I think @glowbug meant shortly after Bethenny's breakup to Paul, not to her marriage with Jason.

Bethenny and Paul broke up and only got back together a few minutes ago (lol) with an engagement.  Rarely do on-again, off-again relationships work out long term.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

I was referring to Bethenny and Paul. Bethenny and Paul broke up earlier in the year and just recently got back together. Now they’re engaged within a few months of getting back together. My point was that typically engagements/marriages following a recent break up of the couple who is engaged don’t end well. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I think @Cosmocrush meant shortly after Bethenny's breakup to Paul, not to her marriage with Jason.

Bethenny and Paul broke up and only got back together a few minutes ago (lol) with an engagement.  Rarely do on-again, off-again relationships work out long term.

Ooooh, thanks @Starlight925.  I haven't really kept up with Bethenny's love life. 

1 hour ago, glowbug said:

I was referring to Bethenny and Paul. Bethenny and Paul broke up earlier in the year and just recently got back together. Now they’re engaged within a few months of getting back together. My point was that typically engagements/marriages following a recent break up of the couple who is engaged don’t end well. 

Okay, that makes sense.   And I agree that reconciliation engagements don't end well.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I read today that Bethenny’s divorce was finalized.  Maybe she is thinking of marriage.  Good luck with that.  I have always thought that she is just not marriage material.  

Maybe third time's a charm.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1