Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

On 10/24/2020 at 11:40 AM, HunterHunted said:

I sat down and worked through the timeline of summer 2017, the summer before season 10 filmed. Bethenny's fucked up narrative is much worse than I realized. During that summer that Bethenny claimed Carole spent gallivanting with Tinsley talking about eyelashes, Carole spent only about 2 weeks with Tinsley and Bethenny was filming Bethenny & Fredrik. We know that filming went so poorly that Fredrik said he'd never work with Bethenny again. Bethenny had a chance for her own show (sort of) and fucked it up again by being awful. Just like she did with BEA, her talk show, and her Sirius radio show. This, of course, explains why Bethenny was so hyper-focused on getting to LA to hang out with Carole and Cassandra Grey.

In the last week of August, Bethenny begins doing charity work. She helps raise $300K for Hurricane Harvey in Texas. They raise $150K for the Puebla Earthquake in Mexico. Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico on September 20th. Bethenny wants to step up her charity work. Carole puts Bethenny in touch with a friend of hers who works with Michael Capponi on Haitian charity work. I think Capponi is shady as hell, but Bethenny never would have been able to pull off what they did if not for Capponi. She raised more than $1 million and sent 5 planes full of supplies. Carole gives Bethenny the connections to transform her image from catty looks based loud-mouthed reality TV star to selfless philanthropist who is above the silly petty vagaries of Real Housewives AND Bethenny turns around and spits in Carole's face. Bethenny still works with Capponi, but doesn't speak to Carole. Bethenny a user par excellence.

Yes Michael Capponi has some baggage. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2016/11/22/boating-accident-erased-my-soulmates-memory-of-our-relationship/amp/

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

But she is friends with Dorinda, the nice, normal one.

That "friendship" seems awfully convenient. Dorinda has a large and sympathetic following. I feel Bethenny latched on to her as a way to make herself look good, i.e. befriending the victimized Dorinda.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2020 at 8:25 PM, chick binewski said:

Bethenny also dated Paul somewhere around the time she dated the caterer or right before Dennis gave her (and Bryn) rings. I think there's a lot of overlap?

Bethenny can not be without a man. I'm sure every relationship she's in has an overlap. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 10/25/2020 at 3:28 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

I find this very refreshing in today's very PC world.  She does have a point. 

On 10/25/2020 at 4:17 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

Of all the things I could dislike about B, her eschewing of PC and cancel culture sure isn't one of the. I respected the hell out of her when she told Carole to can the sanctimonious political talk before the 2016 election. Disagreeing with, and even disliking people, is healthy and normal. I wouldn't want to be friends with Bethenny, but if I wanted to launch a business, I'd sure want her unvarnished perspective on my team.

It's tough for me to see her approach as straightforward bc 1) I think she's like any of the HWs who are regarded as abrasive and come back with 'you can't handle the truth!' and 2) I think Bethenny at many times offers a negative opinion of something to build herself up. I'm fine with an unpopular opinion, but we have an ocean full of folks offering their uninformed perspective and I truly think they're help eating away at the time given to educated, thoughtful folks who are capable of real, meaningful dialogue. 

On 10/24/2020 at 2:06 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

My armchair psychology degree wants to theorize that Frankel really resents and holds an enormous grudge against Bernadette, more than anyone else who “failed” her. She wants every friendship with a woman to repair and compensate for that damage. But the most trivial (perceived) infraction sets her off and triggers her. So she sets her Uzi mouth to “eviscerate.”

It always amuses me that she cannot reference Bernadette without wailing about bulimia and alcoholism. Yet her wealth resulted from SkinnyGirl liquor branding. Lately she’s been Instagramming a LOT of food: donuts, cake, etc. She is subconsciously instructing her surgeon to make her look more and more like Bernadette.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:06 AM, Happy Camper said:

On 10/25/2020 at 11:29 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I fully believe Bethenny painted her mother to be vicious preemptively as an offense.  Bethenny crafted her orphan raised by wolves little match girl RHONY personna to launch herself. When her mom came to defend herself Bethenny wanted us all to think her mom was crazy and not credible.  Kelly.... Jason Hoppy etc......

Thank you @Happy Camper for posting that link bc I always had an image of Bernadette somewhere in Florida in a moth-filled closet with a bottle of Dubonnet. 

I think Bethenny def demonizes people who have not acted the way she wanted or outright hurt her - which is something I can unfortunately relate to. But none of her depictions of anyone seems like a mildly exaggerated version of reality that might reflect hurt feelings. Mom & dad were horrible and neglectful and impaired even though they existed in a privileged lifestyle and both had careers. Jason & his mom who lost a son were monsters who manipulated the legal system. Yet the romantic relationships we didn't see - husband #1, Dennis, caterwaiter, Paul - were super into her and were basically dads to Bryn in the case of Dennis & Paul. 

There's no reason why I should have any insight into relationships I'm not a part of. I just find Bethenny to be an extremely unreliable narrator. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did she have a contingency plan after breaking up with Paul? I haven't seen her with anyone, but that doesn't mean much. I could have very easily missed something.

Likely Paul has a good friend that she will be dating now. After all why waste that perfectly good condo that she and Paul bought in Boston.

• LOL 6

Bethenny is now offering further twitter-guidance as to how we should all behave in this troubled world: 

"It’s ok to have differing opinions. It’s important to communicate those differences in a constructive manner. The world is in a state of fear, anxiety, and anger and our actions and words have consequences. I come from #APlaceofYES, not a place of hate."

Let's all line up, children, as one of the most toxic mouths to ever grace reality tv teaches us how best to live! Get out there tomorrow, and make sure you come from a Place of Yes: Call women sluts and whores for being sexually active.  Come from love, not hate, by describing a woman's vagina as a "three car garage".  Call women grappling with disordered eating "just nuts" for how they handle food in front of you.  Savage a woman about 'cheater brands' until her face is burning with shame and shock. #BLikeBethenny! And let's do our best to sow racial harmony as well, the Place Of Yes way! As a white woman, I'm going to make sure I tell every Black woman I meet that I feel a sense of kinship with her because I'm "also really loud".  And I promise I will  move through my day being constructive - mocking cashiers,  trying to get Uber drivers fired, throwing water in the face of strangers - and I will be especially constructive with the most innocent among us (sick dogs and little girls without the ability to consent to being publicly displayed to sell lingerie). To all of it, I say yes yes yes - let's come from a place of yes! - until (just like Frankel) we're yessing down the legs of every single person we meet.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
On 10/27/2020 at 5:17 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Did she have a contingency plan after breaking up with Paul? I haven't seen her with anyone, but that doesn't mean much. I could have very easily missed something.

19 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Likely Paul has a good friend that she will be dating now. After all why waste that perfectly good condo that she and Paul bought in Boston.

Guess away at this one.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, film noire said:

Bethenny is now offering further twitter-guidance as to how we should all behave in this troubled world: 

"It’s ok to have differing opinions. It’s important to communicate those differences in a constructive manner. The world is in a state of fear, anxiety, and anger and our actions and words have consequences. I come from #APlaceofYES, not a place of hate."

Let's all line up, children, as one of the most toxic mouths to ever grace reality tv teaches us how best to live! Get out there tomorrow, and make sure you come from a Place of Yes: Call women sluts and whores for being sexually active.  Come from love, not hate, by describing a woman's vagina as a "three car garage".  Call women grappling with disordered eating "just nuts" for how they handle food in front of you.  Savage a woman about 'cheater brands' until her face is burning with shame and shock. #BLikeBethenny! And let's do our best to sow racial harmony as well, the Place Of Yes way! As a white woman, I'm going to make sure I tell every Black woman I meet that I feel a sense of kinship with her because I'm "also really loud".  And I promise I will  move through my day being constructive - mocking cashiers,  trying to get Uber drivers fired, throwing water in the face of strangers - and I will be especially constructive with the most innocent among us (sick dogs and little girls without the ability to consent to being publicly displayed to sell lingerie). To all of it, I say yes yes yes - let's come from a place of yes! - until (just like Frankel) we're yessing down the legs of every single person we meet.

Dear Lord, when I heard her angry tirade on Instagram criticizing the negative posts in response to her podcast with Hillary Clinton, I laughed.  She said:  “I am polarizing, Hillary is polarizing, and What I’m not going to do is blah, blah, blah.  She is so friggin full of herself.  I have not listened to any of her podcasts.  She has dropped down in those ratings, because yes, I looked.  
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CG3NGc4A-Gl/?igshid=1kgse3ifgclmp

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

So from ^that link, the speculation is that BF is cavorting with the husband of a biggie newswoman, with speculations by commenters as being either Nora O'Donnell or Savanah Guthrie.

NO's hubs is Geoff (ugh Geo not Je) Tracy, an author, theologian, chef, restauranteur (hmm..), 46 yrs old, married 2001

SG's hubs is Michael Feldman, a public relations and communications consultant and a former Democratic political adviser.  52 yrs old, married since 2014

If I were betting, I'd go with Mr. Tracy.

Disney+Cinema+Society+Host+Special+Screening+5uU_PCCB1TIx.jpg

feldman.jpg

• Useful 9

@SuprSuprElevated I'm trying to focus on people who have a Hamptons presence (although honestly they probably all have that). Maria Bartiromo's husband is right up B's alley...Saul Steinberg's kid, investment guy, etc. 

Savannah made the news earlier this year when she stopped wearing her ring, then proclaimed she "lost" it when a BI came out. But her husband doesn't have either the full head of Hoppy hair and/or dome that B always seems to go for. I thing O'Donnell's husband is DC based.

Clearly this requires further investigation.

• Love 8

I was a bit gobsmacked at this development and then I remembered who we are talking about. BF. No scruples when it comes to men. Their martial status doesn’t matter to her any more than hers did. Poor Bryn...another Daddy figure that her mother is going to push on her. She may grow up hating men because none of them stick with her mother. (You know BF is not taking the blame in her chats with her daughter about how so-in-so is no longer Mommy’s special friend) 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Just a reminder y’all, Bernadette and Jason Hoppy (and his parents) are the devil.   This bish.....why isn’t she in Louisiana helping my people on the south coast for the past 4 months????

There might not be enough publicity to make it worth her while. She is not altruistic. She’s an opportunist. 
Best wishes on your recovery from the many storms. 

• Love 10

WTF?

How is sitting on your high-end kitchen i$land, in front of your top-of-the line fridge$, in your second (!) home, located in one of the most privileged and monied zip code$ in the world (beside a child who enjoys all the percs of a one-percenter life$tyle,  a child living safely outside the new poverty created for millions of kids by Covid) how is that any fucking way to point out how blind to her own wealth and privilege Kim Kardashian is? 

Shut up and take a seat, Frankel. You humble-brag about being successful all the time, and posted the photo below less than a month ago during the second wave (when millions upon millions were once again facing being potentially trapped inside small homes and apartments, not living the high life in a green-acred mansion with plenty of expen$ive toys and built-in diversions. Your version of lockdown was most people's fantasy - hours spent in a gorgeous home, or poolside, or at the beach, or on a boat lounging with a cocktail and a beloved family member - so spare me the moral superiority.)

frankel car.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m not sure how I feel about Bryn having that mocktail.
Training her for alcohol activities later in life or being festive with Mom. Hmm 

I know.  I pointed it out, and typically I'm not a fan of kiddie cocktails/Shirley Temples etc., because it feels like encouraging adult behavior in children, but I realize it can be harmless in the proper context.  Whatever that may be.

• Love 6
On 10/30/2020 at 9:44 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

but I realize it can be harmless in the proper context. 

I think she has shown us a few times that her content is up for doubt. You have tea parties with a young girl. Not mocktail parties that makes you more like girlfriends, than mother and daughter. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Words added to better context.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think she has shown us a few times that her content is up for doubt. You have tea parties with a young girl. Not mocktail parties that make you more girlfriends, than mother and daughter. 

I was trying to be judicious.  I can't really imagine the right context for putting a faux cocktail in your kids hand for Instagram clicks, all while mocking another family for their equally vapid bs.  I'm wondering if BF has visions of being a Kris Kardashian 2.0.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I was trying to be judicious.  I can't really imagine the right context for putting a faux cocktail in your kids hand for Instagram clicks, all while mocking another family for their equally vapid bs.  I'm wondering if BF has visions of being a Kris Kardashian 2.0.

Oh please no. Spare me BF doing a Kris K or Yolanda H on her innocent child. Bethenny does whatever is best to get herself attention. I could see her getting jealous of Bryn if her childs career takes off. (Didn’t she learn anything about being in the fishbowl of reality tv?) 

I really wasn’t trying to call you out. I don’t always express myself well on here. I’m just trying to have a conversation. If I upset you then I am sorry. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Oh please no. Spare me BF doing a Kris K or Yolanda H on her innocent child. Bethenny does whatever is best to get herself attention. I could see her getting jealous of Bryn if her childs career takes off. (Didn’t she learn anything about being in the fishbowl of reality tv?) 

I really wasn’t trying to call you out. I don’t always express myself well on here. I’m just trying to have a conversation. If I upset you then I am sorry. 

No worries!  Not upset at all, just sort of rethinking my previous comment.  

• Love 5

I think having your ten year old daughter participate in making fun of someone else is in bad taste. If Bryn was in her teens I could see her being an active participant in the joke at Kim Kardashian’s expense but at ten she probably doesn’t even fully understand why Kim’s actions are being criticized. Plus, Bethenny is a hypocrite given her own privileged behavior. People in glass houses really shouldn’t throw stones. 

• Love 13

She only takes on the likes of Cardi B and the K"s to get publicity for the herself and the podcast.   I thought it was supposed to be about business moguls who came from nothing and reached the heights of success.    

The podcast was only number one before it even started.   She was so shocked and humbled.  😂  Probably many people subscribed at once after she relentlessly plugged it for two weeks straight on IG.   Can't imagine anyone actually listening to that shrill voice for an hour.  

• Love 12

She is disordered. Mentally. Eating. 

She is doing everything she accused her mother of doing and worse. If she could get that projection said to a mirror with a real therapist she wouldn't be perpetuating a sick cycle of abuse and dysfunction. 

Money Kant buy you Klass. Or undo your childhood noise.

• Love 12
On 10/29/2020 at 10:37 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

She is reeeaaallly going after the Kartrashians, all the while once again, including her pre-teen daughter in the mocking of adult activity.

This B truly has no filter and no shame, and I am doubly glad she's not on my screen any longer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG8OfJBFF0p/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Having link issues again.  Not embedding automatically.

I'm no Bethenny fan (although, maybe am I?  Like the devil part of me is), but this is a meme ALLL over social media.  Everyone is mocking Kim for her classless 40th Birthday party on a private island during a pandemic, as they should be.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:53 PM, film noire said:

WTF?

You're probably the best poster on this site, but did you see Kim K.'s initial post?  She claimed that she made all of her friends and family quarantine for 2 weeks then took them to a private island for a "surprise" birthday party.  First of all, none of that makes any sense!  Second of all, there are masked wait staff in the background of her pictures.  Bethenny didn't do anything like that - or did she?  Fill me in.

• Love 1
On 10/30/2020 at 2:11 PM, geauxaway said:

I’m surprised she didn’t also mention that she still needs tampons.

That is one plus about her leaving the show.  I hope I never have to hear about her period, vaginal or uterine issues again.

• Love 10
On 10/31/2020 at 5:51 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

but did you see Kim K.'s initial post? 

Oh, I saw the initial post all right, but I think it's beyond ridiculous that Bethenny Frankel thinks she can tsk-tsk anyone else for tone deaf displays of wealth, since Frankel has never shied away from doing the same, including during the pandemic. And (imo) anyone with that kind of lifestyle (expensive jewelry, high end cars, designer clothes,  endless travel, three exclusive home$, bragging about 100 million deals, etc) deserves to be mocked for presuming to be a comic moral corrective.  As is she were a spartan saint herself. And god forbid anybody call her on her own hypocrisy:

frankel island.jpg

.... how about not doing it at all, a$$hole? Nobody needs you throwing grandiose side eye in the Virtue Olympics. 

First of all, none of that makes any sense! 

Totally agree, Ms. Blue Jay.  And if Bethenny had mocked Kim K for something like performative quarantining, even I'd give Frankel props for that - but this? Who the fuck has time for one rich idiot slagging on another rich idiot? (Especially since it's all done as an attempt to polish a non-existent halo). Get off my jock, Frankel ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

She’s gloating because they mentioned her on SNL.

That's just it.

Good press, bad press....doesn't matter. So long as she's in the press.

I think she posts controversial you-know-what intentionally so that she is still talked about.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

"Sooooooooooo you're saying they know who I am." --Bethenny

Back when B. was trying to hype her podcast she (thanks to her assistants) made the top 10. Now she has disappeared from the charts altogether. No one gives a shit. Go To Sleep, Bethenny. She is the day before yesterday news, except here, where we continue to make fun at her expense. She's just so easy to drag.

• Love 13

Bethenny has been making some comments lately that have resulted in her losing thousands of followers on facebook, twitter and instagram, according to charts. The BigShot show was on the back burner, simmering, slowly.  Looks like the burner has been turned to the off position. Her podcast is tanking. Her boyfriend has split with her. 

Her podcast with Danny Pellegrino was just horrible. Absolutely horrible. 

I wonder if she wishes she was still on RHONY. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Oh no! I ❤️ Danny Pellegrino ! Is he a BF FAN ? 

Definitely not anymore. He made comments after the interview that made it obvious that he was not pleased. I love Danny too. He is trying to be so sweet and she just crushes him.

Here is the interview. Bethenny is so far up her own ass it's just so cringy. Poor Danny. She made him feel like shit. She lost alot of followers after this.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/danny-bethenny-frankel/id1279562874?i=1000496337042

• Love 10
On 11/9/2020 at 1:58 AM, Jextella said:

I read that Heather is back on RHONY this season. This is a personal ugh for me, but she's better than Bethenny.  Does anyone remember if Heather and Bethenny ended on good terms?

If they did end on good terms, Heather has been pretty explicit about her opinion of Bethenny since then. Heather has said Bethenny only contacts her when Bethenny wants something. Heather has also said that Bethenny was using Carole--as an ally on the show and for Carole's social contacts off the show. When Carole ceased to be useful to Bethenny, Bethenny just cut Carole loose. I think Heather and Bethenny are in the same cynical place Bethenny is with everyone, but Heather is just being aware and candid about Bethenny and Bethenny's motives.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
On 11/9/2020 at 9:43 PM, Happy Camper said:

Bethenny is so far up her own ass it's just so cringy. 

Cuz Bethenny's up here (hand gesture) and we're down here (hand gesture).

~“i haven’t been sitting around talking about how much anxiety i have...i’ve been using this time to make smart moves" frankel on how much better she handled covid than the rest of us anxious bitches.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 11/11/2020 at 1:40 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

She’s shilling Adam&Eve products now. 

And she's suggesting that all the repressed people are making her speak out about these amazing products.

First, it's odd and/or really shitty marketing that someone with a brand who brags about their business acumen would lend their face to another company. Second, nice try with blaming that shitty marketing on the non-existent finger-pointing narrow-minded anti-orgasm people. 

My guess is she is cash poor (or just poor) and needs this partnership.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, chick binewski said:

And she's suggesting that all the repressed people are making her speak out about these amazing products.

First, it's odd and/or really shitty marketing that someone with a brand who brags about their business acumen would lend their face to another company. Second, nice try with blaming that shitty marketing on the non-existent finger-pointing narrow-minded anti-orgasm people. 

My guess is she is cash poor (or just poor) and needs this partnership.

I'd be surprised if Bethenny is cash poor. I bet she made bank during her 2nd turn at RHONY. 

But, who knows. She spent zillions of dollars on her divorce.  I'll bet she spent more on attorneys than the apartment she and Jason are fighting over is worth.

She is needy and vengeful.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I'd be surprised if Bethenny is cash poor. I bet she made bank her 2nd turn at RHONY. 

But, she has also spent zillions of dollors on her divorce.  The girl probably spent more than the apartment they are fighting over is worth. 

She is needy and vengeful.

I think she has spent a shit ton of her money trying to make her Big Shot with Bethenny happen, which will tank.  I don't think that her podcast is making her any money. It's not even making the charts. She is losing twitter and instagram followers by the thousands which will impact on her sponsors.  Also suspect that SkinnyGirl products are tanking. Now she is partnering with Adam and Eve trying to promote her supplements. Her real estate deals failed. She is desperate and needing money.

Her financial future is at risk and her only money maker SkinnyGirl is losing $$$.

Would not be surprised if she tries to come back to RHONY for the income. Hope that they turn her down.

• Love 12

Agree - I think she’s spent and invested a lot on which she won’t see the return she expected, and her brand isn’t making the money it once was. I think she has a cash flow issue. And if the nasty interview with Danny P. is any indication, she’s not in a good place with the break up in addition to her financial standing. Giving zero f*cks about how people perceive you when you’re just B-ing yourself is one thing. But being a rotten bitch because you think you’re still the shit is another. And she’s losing because of it. 

I don’t think she’s back to Season 1/2 broke Bethenny in the slightest, but the big time wave has crested and rolled back to shore. The tide is out.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'd be surprised if Bethenny is cash poor. I bet she made bank during her 2nd turn at RHONY. 

12 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Her real estate deals failed. She is desperate and needing money.

Her financial future is at risk and her only money maker SkinnyGirl is losing $$$.

I do think Bethenny got a decent check for RH, I am just forever suspicious of the numbers that are published. 

I think the real estate purchases may have hurt her. She lost quite a bit on the last NY loft sale and I don't believe the Hamptons house broke even (frankly I would have kept the home that Ramona said was on the crappy part of the road - and old b&b that had more space & charm). Idk if Bethenny went in on the Boston house with the bf. I mean, Bethenny made more money in a few years than I'll ever see in my lifetime but she also likes to live very well. (No shame in that, but you can live well in one home instead of three. And maybe quit suing your still-husband for custody?)

• Love 9

I just finished watching Seasons 1-3.  I actually like Bethenny during those seasons until she got knocked up by Jason which felt to me like a ploy to remain more relevant than the other women and get a child out of the deal.

It's wierd. Watching in hindsight - and now knowing things about Jill's off-camera bad behavior and Bethenny's "cunningness" and shady press antics (according to Kelly Bensimone), the strategy these women used to stay relevant is amazing.  They come off a certain way on camera but they are all clawing and fighting to retain their positions on the show behind the scenes.  It's all happening just below the surface, and the women did a good job of masking it for the camera.

I suspect that Ramona, Luann, and Sonja have somewhat of a deal to help each other be successful on the show because they sort of know they need each other.  Don't air my dirty laundry and I won't air yours, show up at my events and I'll show up at yours, etc. This is probably true across the cities though.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7