Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Actually, by including her dog in the picture, and saying MY sweet babies who gave ME endless unconditional love, Bethenny characteristically made the message more about herself than about Dennis.

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I don't have a problem with the picture either.  Bethenny loved Cookie dearly and Cookie didn't seem to like a whole lot of people but she obviously had no problem with Dennis.  The thought of Cookie and Dennis being together again probably brings Bethenny some peace.  If that's what the picture means to Bethenny, I'm fine with it.

Totally agree. I saw the photo on Insta before I saw it over here and thought it was sweet, the caption was thoughtful, and the fact that she waited until today to say anything via social media was also thoughtful. I do hope she has some close friends to lean on.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

nexxie, that’s exactly what I thought when I saw that photo. Can it be about Dennis since he just died instead of about you, just this once, Beth?!

If she has narcissistic personality disorder (likely imo), she really doesn’t see others as real, separate, valuable individuals, but only in terms of how they help (or hurt) herself. 

She could have posted a good photo of Dennis doing something he loved, and made it about him and his life - including Dennis as a father, which was probably very important to him.

• Love 12

She could have posted a good photo of Dennis doing something he loved, and made it about him and his life - including Dennis as a father, which was probably very important to him.

Sure. No one would be complaining that Bethenny the other woman, posting a picture that emphasized Dennis as a father of children with you know, his wife Jill, wasn't in good taste.  

But I admit to not being shocked that a tasteful photo with a kind sentiment is deemed terrible. 

*for the record, I think she went with this photo despite the flaws in the eyes because while she probably has better pictures,  but they are likely of Dennis and *her* and she's trying to express her grief without getting in the way of the wife and kids. 

• Love 20

Fucking People magazine, you are now every bit as low rent as Radar -- so tacky to publish this the day his wife and kids buried him:

Dennis Shields Proposed to Bethenny Frankel Before His Death: 'She Didn't Say No,' Friend Says

"Despite their complicated relationship status, Bethenny Frankel and Dennis Shields considered marriage in recent months — and he even gave her an engagement ring.

A friend of the Real Housewives of New York City star tells PEOPLE that the couple were discussing the possibility of marriage this past spring.“He proposed to her with a ring in April. She wasn’t wearing the ring,” the friend says. “There were some hurdles to overcome before she could make that level of a commitment.  She loved him. He’s her family and her best friend and her confidante. Her partner and her business partner.”

Still, Frankel, 47, kept the news a secret. “Very few people knew about the proposal,” the friend says. “He’s proposed before — but never with a ring.” Her answer? “She didn’t say no,” the friend says. “She would have loved to have married him, but there were some hurdles to overcome first.”

https://people.com/tv/dennis-shields-proposed-bethenny-frankel/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Some small myth busting :)

I asked my doctor friend - She says the no chewing or cutting of the extended release tablets is absolutely true. She also said if the tablets are dropped in water, that compromises the extended release coating. She did say they can be taken with water because they're going straight down at that point. 

She then chided me for talking with all of you opioid seekers and said I was not running with a fabulous crowd :( 

If you allowed the pill to dissolve in water, that might true. Dropping it in the sink is no different than dinking it with water. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, film noire said:

Fucking People magazine, you are now every bit as low rent as Radar -- so tacky to publish this the day his wife and kids buried him:

Anything for those clicks. Truth is, it sadly makes way more sense for them to post it today and they'd be in trouble with whoever is in charge for waiting. Searches for his name will be high and will fall eventually, searches for his name and Bethenny's are no doubt highest today with it being his funeral. Gotta get that SEO juice. (Seriously, this is the sad state of online publishing.)

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 6

The caption talk reminds of the discussion that ensued I think last year when both Brandy and Monica posted on IG about Whitney Houston on the anniversary of her death. Much was made about how Brandy made the tribute more about her versus Monica’s tribute, which was about Whitney. 

There simply are people who don’t know how to give praise of others without using “I”s and “me”s.

• Love 9

All I know? Dr. B is smart as hell and went to medical school and has been a doctor for 30 years and she said not to take an oxy that had been dropped in a wet sink because the water compromises the slow release coating. 

I think the idea here is someone accidently dropping the oxy in the sink, taking the tablets out of the water and then taking them *later*. The problem being once the water hits the early release coating it starts to work even if you dry the tablet off, thereby screwing up the release of the drug. 

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Sure. No one would be complaining that Bethenny the other woman, posting a picture that emphasized Dennis as a father of children with you know, his wife Jill, wasn't in good taste.  

But I admit to not being shocked that a tasteful photo with a kind sentiment is deemed terrible. 

*for the record, I think she went with this photo despite the flaws in the eyes because while she probably has better pictures,  but they are likely of Dennis and *her* and she's trying to express her grief without getting in the way of the wife and kids. 

Nobody is saying the photo is “terrible” - just creepy and about Bethenny.

• Love 12

It's become all about her (but I don't think she wanted that).

She may not have wanted it, but you can bet she doesn't mind it.

"Her partner and her business partner."

Welp, so much for Beth not engaging in Dennis's "amoral, disgusting business practices".

Edited by jaync
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I think the photo and caption are sweet.

I would think most Bethenny fans would see it that way - and even those of us who think she’s a narcissistic un-sweet person probably think she could’ve done worse.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, film noire said:

Dennis Shields Proposed to Bethenny Frankel Before His Death: 'She Didn't Say No,' Friend Says

"Despite their complicated relationship status, Bethenny Frankel and Dennis Shields considered marriage in recent months — and he even gave her an engagement ring.

A friend of the Real Housewives of New York City star tells PEOPLE that the couple were discussing the possibility of marriage this past spring.“He proposed to her with a ring in April. She wasn’t wearing the ring,” the friend says. “There were some hurdles to overcome before she could make that level of a commitment.  She loved him. He’s her family and her best friend and her confidante. Her partner and her business partner.”

Still, Frankel, 47, kept the news a secret. “Very few people knew about the proposal,” the friend says. “He’s proposed before — but never with a ring.” Her answer? “She didn’t say no,” the friend says. “She would have loved to have married him, but there were some hurdles to overcome first.”

https://people.com/tv/dennis-shields-proposed-bethenny-frankel/

People used to be one of the more respected tabloids in the business, if not the most. They are total trash these days and this is more evidence of it. Name your source, People (it's either an intern or Sonja Morgan).

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I would think most Bethenny fans would see it that way - and even those of us who think she’s a narcissistic un-sweet person probably think she could’ve done worse.

Thank you.   That's something.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, nexxie said:

She could've done worse...

2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Some small myth busting :)

I asked my doctor friend - She says the no chewing or cutting of the extended release tablets is absolutely true. She also said if the tablets are dropped in water, that compromises the extended release coating. She did say they can be taken with water because they're going straight down at that point. 

She then chided me for talking with all of you opioid seekers and said I was not running with a fabulous crowd :( 

No one here is opioid seeking.  

Do I spot Hoppy at her side?

ETA looking closer it appears to be someone who looks like a younger Jason but not him...

F54BFD7D-36D3-4E1C-85AE-F0232204B83A.jpeg

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

No one here is opioid seeking.  

Do I spot Hoppy at her side?

ETA looking closer it appears to be someone who looks like a younger Jason but not him...

F54BFD7D-36D3-4E1C-85AE-F0232204B83A.jpeg

I see the resemblance but I'm reasonably sure it's not Hoppy.

Had he shown up, I have no doubt every tabloid would have jumped all over it and declared them "reunited" or some such twuntery.  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I see the resemblance but I'm reasonably sure it's not Hoppy.

Had he shown up, I have no doubt every tabloid would have jumped all over it and declared them "reunited" or some such twuntery.  

No, not Hoppy.  Just some umbrella holder for hire.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This is the ‘Mystery Man’ in the black Porsche that pulled up to her Hamptons place.  The man with the BIG umbrella is the driver.  Interesting.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I was teasing :)

We're just talking a lot about opioids...

DR. B SAID SHE WASN'T WRITING US ANY SCRIPTS!!!

You are cracking me up, Rap541 :)

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Did he really own a jet?  Or was she asking him to hire a jet to get her  home?  Because of course she's incapable of making plane reservations herself (or having her minions do it for her).

I don't know whether he owned a jet or hired them, but she seemed to think it was reasonable to request that he send a plane down for her.  To me, that says he had some kind of access to aircraft.  I don't own a jet and would have no idea how to even begin to hire one, which I believe is pretty typical of most working people.  Apparently B felt or knew that he had some sort of access.  When I need to fly somewhere I call Delta, not friends or boyfriends.

Edited by Normades
is not it
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Is this a thing for drivers to do? They carry an umbrella over you when it is raining?  Do they also throw their jackets gallantly over a puddle so your foot doesn't get wet?  Do they hold a parasol over you if the sun is too hot?

She can't carry her own umbrella??  I like Bethenny just fine but this was just odd.  A little too "look at me I'm not holding my own umbrella".  Maybe it's just me. 

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

. I am dealing with a smart, beautiful sister with the same problem. A girl who lives a life others only dream of. With a loving husband and 3 beautiful kids. Has never had a drink of alcohol or an illegal substance in her life. Yet she became addicted after a back injury. We only just found out 2 years into her addiction. And only because she didn't have unlimited resources and turned to stealing from her church that she loved and attended faithfully for 10 years. Her husband and family had zero clue.  And now she wants nothing but the feeling Oxy gives her. 

RIP Dennis 

I am so sorry to hear this. Truly sorry.  It's such an easy thing to get hooked on and it's starts because of actual pain.  It's maddening. 

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I think the mystery man is probably a SG employee. 

The mystery man was driving a Porsche.  So I’m guessing not an employee.  Also it’s hard to say anything about Kevin in August since that is the month that all NYC staff go on vacation.  But I do need to know who the identity of the mystery man.  I shall now refer to him as MM.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

All I know? Dr. B is smart as hell and went to medical school and has been a doctor for 30 years and she said not to take an oxy that had been dropped in a wet sink because the water compromises the slow release coating. 

I think the idea here is someone accidently dropping the oxy in the sink, taking the tablets out of the water and then taking them *later*. The problem being once the water hits the early release coating it starts to work even if you dry the tablet off, thereby screwing up the release of the drug. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/oxycodone-oral-tablet#alternatives

From the article:  
"Don’t pre-soak, lick, or wet the tablet before placing it in your mouth."

Apparently, any type of moisture must be avoided prior to swallowing the pill.

• Love 5

Well, for a married man to go out and buy an engagement ring for someone else is pretty screwed up.  Especially since you haven't even filed for divorce.  I don't buy it. 

Sorry but that photo of Dennis with the dog was creepy.  She also should have waited another day...after the funeral to post anything.  It's not about her.  It's about his children and yes, his 'wife'.

Just curious, was Shields Jewish?  That funeral was very fast and no wake/viewing?

• Love 15

The mystery of the umbrella holder: a driver normally carries the umbrella because they’ll hold it while they open the door so that the occupant does not get wet. They will continue to provide cover for the drivee until they are under cover. They will then keep the umbrella so that the drivee never has to deal with what to do with a wet umbrella. Yes indeed I have written that SOP for a hotel I worked for many years ago. ?

• Love 13
5 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

Is this a thing for drivers to do? They carry an umbrella over you when it is raining?  Do they also throw their jackets gallantly over a puddle so your foot doesn't get wet?  Do they hold a parasol over you if the sun is too hot?

She can't carry her own umbrella??  I like Bethenny just fine but this was just odd.  A little too "look at me I'm not holding my own umbrella".  Maybe it's just me. 

They were both doing a lousy job. The little umbrella was only half over her head so the rain dripped on her. And then the big umbrella dumped right onto the little one, which then dumped on Beth's head. 

• Love 4

@breezy424 

Well, for a married man to go out and buy an engagement ring for someone else is pretty screwed up.  Especially since you haven't even filed for divorceI don't buy it.

More sources "close to Frankel" are reporting to Us that they were "secretly" engaged: "The second source told Us on Monday, August 13, that the businessman had bought a ring and the two were secretly engaged...'

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankel-and-dennis-shields-got-engaged-four-months-before-his-death/

With this second "exclusive story", I no longer think it's possible this is being floated without Frankel's permission -- one story, maybe, but two in the same day? Not possible. I think Frankel gave marching orders. Which is so disturbing. It's one thing to strongly rebut the vicious trash Radar wrote about her, but this is beyond that. Are there even words to describe this?  I don't have them.  You'd think she'd be too grief-stricken to worry about People and US reporting on her secret engagement to a man still married to his wife widow.  You'd think she'd be too full of sorrow to make sure multiple sources talked to two major periodicals to make it clear Shields gave her an engagement ring, make it clear Dennis left old Jill behind and picked Bethenny and even though he's dead and unable to explain any of this -- to his kids, and to the mother of his kids -- she's pushing the He put a ring on it story hard, and on the same day they planted Dennis Shields six feet under. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20

I don’t like the umbrella holder thing. It puts a stranger, maybe 2, if the mystery man is an employee, at Dennis’ gravesite. That is the ultimate in a private personal situation for mourners .....not extras. An umbrella holder made her stick out, that’s so not under the radar.  Bethenny is extremely fit and can hold her own umbrella or wear a trench coat/rain slicker and a hat.

Bethennys outfit was tasteful, modest and not attention getting. And better than the Zarin funeral ensemble I did not care for the Squeaky Fromme hat if I am being honest here bless me lord for I have sinned it has been one day since my last shallow confession. 

Ultimately the driver and the extras may have been Bethennys security blanket to attend I mean who else was she going to buddy up to in the crowd? I wonder who the blonde was with the buckle shoes in the paparazzi pix. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, I think I'd rather take the advice of a doctor over some random poster on a message board.  Some people just know everything.  It's "absurd".  Geez.

I think the picture of Dennis and Cookie is sweet.  Bethenny lost both of them and she loved them both dearly.  It's a nice pic.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, film noire said:

You'd think she'd be too full of sorrow to make sure multiple sources talked to two major periodicals to make it clear Shields gave her an engagement ring, make it clear Dennis left old Jill behind and picked Bethenny and even though he's dead and unable to explain any of this -- to his kids, and to the mother of his kids -- she's pushing the He put a ring on it story hard, and on the same day they planted Dennis Shields six feet under. 

The story has a name attached to it, Gregory Broccoli.  So it’s not Bethenny putting it out there.  I say it’s friends of his wife attempting to make Bethenny look bad.  Just as plausible as it being Bethenny.

1 minute ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I don’t like the umbrella holder thing. It puts a stranger, maybe 2, if the mystery man is an employee, at Dennis’ gravesite. That is the ultimate in a private personal situation for mourners .....not extras. An umbrella holder made her stick out, that’s so not under the radar.  Bethenny is extremely fit and can hold her own umbrella or wear a trench coat/rain slicker and a hat.

Lots of umbrella holders out there.  I suspect anyone with a driver or assistant.  I still don’t think the MM in the Porsche is an employee.  He doesn’t look much like a security person.  In fact the driver for the day had more of the build one expects in a security person.  But I do need to know who he is.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

All I know is doctors don't administer medications. Nurses do. The idea that getting the pill wet a few seconds before floating it in water and swallowing it with a mouthful of water is significantly different is absurd. Sorry but that's just true. That's what the post claimed. Not that you dropped it and waited 5 minutes to administer it. It was reported that just a few seconds in touch with water would significantly alter the release  mechanism of a ER medication makes no sense. That was what the response was referring to. 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, film noire said:

More sources "close to Frankel" are reporting to Us that they were "secretly" engaged: "The second source told Us on Monday, August 13, that the businessman had bought a ring and the two were secretly engaged...'

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankel-and-dennis-shields-got-engaged-four-months-before-his-death/

With this second "exclusive story", I no longer think it's possible this is being floated without Frankel's permission -- one story, maybe, but two in the same day? Not possible. I think Frankel gave marching orders. Which is so disturbing. It's one thing to strongly rebut the vicious trash Radar wrote about her, but this is beyond that. Are there even words to describe this?  I don't have them.  You'd think she'd be too grief-stricken to worry about People and US reporting on her secret engagement to a man still married to his wife widow.  You'd think she'd be too full of sorrow to make sure multiple sources talked to two major periodicals to make it clear Shields gave her an engagement ring, make it clear Dennis left old Jill behind and picked Bethenny and even though he's dead and unable to explain any of this -- to his kids, and to the mother of his kids -- she's pushing the He put a ring on it story hard, and on the same day they planted Dennis Shields six feet under. 

Wow! The more I read the article the more this makes sense. Bethenny cannot keep herself out of SM. I agree with you. There are no words. I feel so badly for his family having to read this shit.

The photo of Dennis and Cookie is very creepy. 

Why would anyone believe that there was any intention to become engaged?

It's widely known that Dennis and Beth were on again off again. He even stated that they broke up alot, and Bethenny said that he couldn't commit. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Lots of umbrella holders out there.  I suspect anyone with a driver or assistant.  I still don’t think the MM in the Porsche is an employee.  He doesn’t look much like a security person.  In fact the driver for the day had more of the build one expects in a security person.  But I do need to know who he is.

Me too. I do not like umbrella holders for anyone other than the widow or immediate family, MAYBE.  And if then, that should be mortuary staff. The departed is going in a hole in the ground its brutal and personal it's not a time for a plus one of any type of you are physically capable of an umbrella. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

I remarked about it once before, when she was photographed (not at a funeral) with an official umbrella holder (may have been her previous driver) and was told that it was no.big.deal.  

Uh huh.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I remarked about it once before, when she was photographed (not at a funeral) with an official umbrella holder (may have been her previous driver) and was told that it was no.big.deal.  

Certainly we can make it as big a deal as we want.  All drivers hold umbrellas.  All doormen hold umbrellas.  I can always spot the professional umbrella holders because they have the biggest umbrellas.  The MM is not a professional.  He had a personal size umbrella.  

Interesting development on PageSix - they have started pulling the Dennis stories from display.  So someone finally hired a publicist and told them to get this under control.  I’m guessing Bethenny but it could be Jill or Dennis’s firm.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethennys outfit was tasteful, modest and not attention getting. And better than the Zarin funeral ensemble I did not care for the Squeaky Fromme hat if I am being honest here bless me lord for I have sinned it has been one day since my last shallow confession. 

I can beat this!   Beth’s dress was modest, tasteful, and appropriate in design (Victoria Beckham?) but hot dog is it tight.   She’s built like a tween athlete with big implants but...up a size is not an offensive phrase.

Separately, I am also open to the idea that Dennis’s wife’s “side” or people could be floating stories.   I think the theory that they may not have divorced to keep a forensic accounting permanently at bay is a good one.   Law Cash is apparently super great for covering happy family European vacays for 6, and can pay for many Permanently Surprised “procedures” as sported by a $$$ girl of a certain age in parts of the tri-state, to boot...then again, maybe Beth hasn’t learned her lessons from Jason, that tabloid bs can hurt both the leaker and the leakee.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 6