Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Naloxone/Narcan is prescribed to almost anyone as a matter of course in many states just because opiates are so dangerous.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/06/opioid-antidote-no-prescription/492254002/

16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Oxycodone or OxyContin? I’m seeing conflicting reports. 

They are the same thing. One is a brand name. This is just as you'll see reference to Narcan and Naloxone.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Ahhh, we were posting pretty much the same thoughts at the same time.

Yep ! :)

Like you, I will wait for the toxicology and autopsy reports.

5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:
18 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Oxycodone or OxyContin? I’m seeing conflicting reports. 

They are the same thing. One is a brand name. This just as you'll see reference to Narcan and Naloxone.

I am pretty sure they are different in that Oxycontin while the same drug is much stronger dosage wise and never contains acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

• Love 3

I don't like Bethenny but I believe she really loved Dennis and she will be truly devastated by this. She's already always on the verge of hysteria, I'm not sure she is equipped emotionally to cope with Dennis' death.  Ironically, just last episode she was explaining to Dorinda that two people can love each other but it doesn't mean they should be together. It was obvious she was talking about her relationship with Dennis. That is very, very sad considering the news of Dennis' passing today.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Naloxone/Narcan is prescribed to almost anyone as a matter of course in many states just because opiates are so dangerous.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/06/opioid-antidote-no-prescription/492254002/

They are the same thing. One is a brand name. This just as you'll see reference to Narcan and Naloxone.

I believe OxyContin is the extended release version of oxycodone. It can be more dangerous because it stays in the body longer and can build up, making it easier to accidentally overdose. I think people also grind them up to make the time release part of the pill not work (so they are getting a higher dose all at once). 

Edited by MrsBestes
  • Love 8
Just now, ryebread said:

I believe she'll be devastated, too. Which brings me to Bryn.

I hope Jason does the right thing by his daughter and supports her mother in whatever way she'll allow. Not so much because he cares about Bethenny, I'm pretty sure they hate each other's guts (and no lost feelings between him and Dennis either), but because Brynn will be sure to be cognizant of Bethany's grief and angst.

Bethenny and Jason both need to put their crap aside so Bethenny can grieve this without leaving too much of a mark on Bryn. All I could think about today was Bryn. And how Bethenny surely fell apart when she got the news this afternoon. Where was Bryn? What happened to Bryn? Please Bethenny let her go to her daddy this weekend and stay off Instagram.

I have seen very little so far that would give me hope that this can happen.  But I do hope it does.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, MrsBestes said:

I believe OxyContin is the extended release version of oxycodone. It can be more dangerous because it stays in the body longer and can build up, making it easier to accidentally overdose. I think people also grind them up to make the time release part of the pill not work (so they are getting a higher dose all at once). 

No. Extended release is oxycodone HCl.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have seen very little so far that would give me hope that this can happen.  But I do hope it does.

You'll see her post a pic wearing black soon; mark my words! Bethenny's the typical HW; fame Ho'dom calls no matter how tragic the circumstance! All you have to do is remember her performance at Bobby's funeral! All these women are shameless and should be so ashamed of themselves, but that's what makes them HW's, they have little to no shame! ;-(

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OldButHappy said:

Seriously.  

The only thing that could make it worse for his wife and children would be to have Bethanny generating press.  And anything she does will generate press..  

Bethanny could redeem herself for me, and I would publicly pledge to never write another "Narcissists like B are toxic and incurable"-themed post if Bethanny:

1)  Makes no comment/gives no interviews.  None.

2)  Makes no social media posts

3)  Resists becoming a spokesperson for opiate addiction

4)  Grieves privately with support of friends and mental health professionals.

I don't question how awful this is for her.  It will probably be the worst grief she's ever felt.  An unexpected death of someone you love does a number on your brain, and it takes a LONG time to feel like a normal human being again.  I've experienced it.  Seeing a personal tragedy discussed in the media only makes it more surreal and painful.

The wife and kids can do whatever they want...there's so much raw and intense emotional energy that families experience in the wake of a tragic death...

This is a very insightful post. High minded, humanly decent and empathetic for all involved. Thank you, OBH. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

You'll see her post a pic wearing black soon; mark my words! Bethenny's the typical HW; fame Ho'dom calls no matter how tragic the circumstance! All you have to do is remember her performance at Bobby's funeral! All these women are shameless and should be so ashamed of themselves, but that's what makes them HW's, they have little to no shame! ;-(

Sad but true - their minds jump right to: “How can I get the attention I crave from this situation?” and “How can I make myself look good in this situation?”

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

No. Extended release is oxycodone HCl.

Oxycontin is continuous release (oxycodone+continuous=oxycontin)

Oxycodone is the active ingredient, available alone or with acetaminophen (Percocet, Tylox) or aspirin (Percodan)

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, pieinmyeye said:

They want to know if I’m taking too many, which is a red flag for addiction or too few. In the case of too few, they will suspect I may be selling them.

The level at which this disturbs me escapes my ability to express.

2 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

This times a million.

Without going into too much detail, my brother died 2 years ago in a situation similar to what we're being told happened to Dennis. My brother was 52 and left 3 young children without their Father while still reeling from their Mom and Dad separating.

There seems to be a kind of glee some people are feeling, excusing it because Bethenny chose to be on a reality show.

Somebody died. People lost someone they love very much under very tragic circumstances which none of us will ever really know, and frankly, it's really none of our business, reality show or not.

I came here to say I'm so sorry to hear about the death of a human being. It's devastating for everyone involved and I feel so sad.

Rest in peace Dennis. My sincere condolences to all his Family and Friends, all of them.

I can't even begin to read all the comments here right now, but one more thing that won't go over well I'm sure. The potshots being taken because Dennis lived in Trump Towers make me nauseous. This has zero to do with politics.

What in the world is happening to humanity? 

1000 times yes.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Dennis was separated from his wife.

but wasn't divorced wasn't trying to get a divorce didn't file for divorce.....he dated Beth for how many years and is still married no divorce proceeding had been started at the time of his death so he is and was a married man (who's wife just said he was the love of her life so apparently he was having his cake and eating it too)

Please reference Spencer Tracey.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Oxycontin is continuous release (oxycodone+continuous=oxycontin)

Oxycodone is the active ingredient, available alone or with acetaminophen (Percocet, Tylox) or aspirin (Percodan)

Thank you. This actually makes sense. 

• Love 3

2 HOURS AGO,  OLDBUTHAPPY SAID: 

Seriously.  

The only thing that could make it worse for his wife and children would be to have Bethanny generating press.  And anythingshe does will generate press..  

Bethanny could redeem herself for me, and I would publicly pledge to never write another "Narcissists like B are toxic and incurable"-themed post if Bethanny:

1)  Makes no comment/gives no interviews.  None.

2)  Makes no social media posts

3)  Resists becoming a spokesperson for opiate addiction

4)  Grieves privately with support of friends and mental health professionals.

I bet she'll be on the cover of PEOPLE next week ... Here's the headline:  Bethenny's Private Hell     "I Did All I Could ... But It Wasn't Enough"

Didn't she write a book about relationships so she could slam her ex-es?  Something like "I went through bad relationships so you don't have to"  

I bet they will be re-printed in a new Denis edition very, very soon.

I used to be 100% on Jason's side ... Now, not so much as many of you have pointed out that you had similar relationships ... But gee, it seems like everyone who has dated Bethenny has ended up flipping out in one way or another.  

• Love 5

I was shocked when I read the news and feel so sad for his family and friends, Bethenny included. I hope they all have strong, supportive and loving people around them during this difficult time.

As for Bethenny, I've had issues with some of her behavior since she's come back on the show but I've never disliked her and have always found her to be entertaining which is the main thing that I want a HW to be on the RH shows I watch. I mention this to point out that I'm not blind to Bethenny's faults or feel that she can do no wrong. I certainly haven't seen Bethenny get some imaginary free pass because she's a woman and mother. In fact it's been more of the opposite. I've seen her judged more harshly and held to a higher standard because she's a woman and mother.

I worry about how Bethenny is handling this because she seems like the type who might unfairly blame herself. I hope that she understands that this isn't her fault and doesn't torment herself about what she thinks she coulda shoulda woulda done differently. 

I think back to how she immediately reached out to Dennis while she was having a tough time of it in Colombia. Now that he isn't going to be someone she can lean when she's emotionally overwhelmed, I hope that other people step in so that she'll see that she still has a circle of people she can count on. 

Edited by Avaleigh
I meant woman not wife.
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, SCS said:

Sigh. So i don't normally reference my own posts but -- 

A few hours hours ago I posted:

And now -- on Page 6 -- Jill Zarin opines:

Clearly I have been watching these broads too long.

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/10/jill-zarin-says-shes-devastated-over-dennis-shields-death/

Oh, it was you, SCS!

I knew someone here had posted earlier predicting Jill's statement...and pretty accurately, too!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Christi said:

Thoughts on the funeral? I think it would be in really bad taste for Beth to attend since his wife and kids will be there

I think she should be able to attend. They have been separated for a while & it looks like the wife has a significant other (I looked at her Instagram page). The kids are all older & I’m sure understand their parents relationship. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Now that he isn't going to be someone she can lean when she's emotionally overwhelmed, I hope that other people step in so that she'll see that she still has a circle of people she can count on. 

I'm pretty sure that Bethenny has an army of friends that she can lean on.   I do not believe for one minute that she walks alone on this planet.   Condolences to her during this very difficult time. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

Carole has tweeted

Carole Radziwill

@CaroleRadziwill

·

4h

I just heard the sad news about Dennis. He was a good man. My condolences to all his family and friends. So tragic.

Go into the Carole thread and read what she posted and then deleted, presumably before she knew, about her pain.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Christi said:

Thoughts on the funeral? I think it would be in really bad taste for Beth to attend since his wife and kids will be there

9 minutes ago, MrsBestes said:

I think she should be able to attend. They have been separated for a while & it looks like the wife has a significant other (I looked at her Instagram page). The kids are all older & I’m sure understand their parents relationship. 

She and Dennis were apparently friends for some time before they began their relationship.

If he and his wife were both seeing other people (which apparently they were), I don't think it would be bad taste for Bethenny to attend.

That being said, I don't think it would be appropriate for her to be in the section where the immediate family is seated but rather should be in the general seating.   

Those poor people attending his funeral are going to be positively inundated by the paps.  Ugh.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't like Bethenny but I believe she really loved Dennis and she will be truly devastated by this. She's already always on the verge of hysteria, I'm not sure she is equipped emotionally to cope with Dennis' death.  Ironically, just last episode she was explaining to Dorinda that two people can love each other but it doesn't mean they should be together. It was obvious she was talking about her relationship with Dennis. That is very, very sad considering the news of Dennis' passing today.

Who does Bethenny have to rely on for this? No Dennis, no sisters or brothers, parents, aunts uncles. It's sad I agree she is going to need some serious support to get through this one. 

I was just driving and thinking about this and flashed back to Bethenny in a recent ep trying to find a vein on her arm making a heroin addict reference. I know Oxy isn't IV but still. Ouch. 

I do hope Jason is supportive for Bryn. Holding Bryn up will hold her mom up. Hope he can and does.

Bethenny knew him for over 30 years this is a toughie. I think she will be the funeral. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

I see both sides and I believe Bethenny's been getting a free pass because she's a woman and mother! Guys don't get a break and people believe the worst so some women take advantage of that! People are idiots and are easily swayed when exposed to just one side of a story! ;-(

I've been watching NYC Housewives since season 1.  I don't see Bethenny getting a free pass (if you mean from Bravo) because she's a woman.  I think she gets a pass because she basically went to Bravo and said, "I want to be successful and I'll do anything to get that success, even turn myself inside out."  And Bravo was like, "sure, do this!"  This was a woman who allowed herself to be filmed sitting on the toilet, peeing on a stick to see if she was pregnant (glad we didn't actually hear her peeing).   She allowed Bravo to practically film up her ass and then tried to strike out on her own with the talk show, that didn't work.  So she returned to "Housewives" because she needs that gig to keep herself relevant. 

Bethenny is probably "on" 24/7/365 because that's her act, she's like a performance artist.

However, it's still sad that this man died, drug addiction is no joke and addicts can hide it, easily, especially if the person is successful in other areas of life.  People still believe that a person can't be an addict if they're successful.

Also, prescription drug addiction didn't get too much attention because there wasn't the same level of violence associated with it, like it is with Heroin or Crack, until this case.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 16
21 minutes ago, MrsBestes said:

Remember when Bethenny called Dennis's daughter during a reunion to back her up? That was when Luann was accusing Bethenny of dating Dennis before he was separated (or something). That daughter at least was very much aware of everything that had transpired. I don't think it would be a problem for Bethenny to go to his funeral. If she doesn't, I will assume it is because the widow asked her not to and she's respecting her wishes.

It seems that Dennis was having his cake and eating it too. Men like him and the women in his life who let him get away with it. Sigh.

Carole tweeting about Dennis bothers me more than Jill doing so. Jill and Bethenny are at least on civil terms right now. She declared war on Bethenny and has made a nasty remark or two about Bethenny and Dennis's relationship this season. She should know how to read the temperature of the room and that this was the time to keep quiet.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Remember when Bethenny called Dennis's daughter during a reunion to back her up? That was when Luann was accusing Bethenny of dating Dennis before he was separated (or something). That daughter at least was very much aware of everything that had transpired. I don't think it would be a problem for Bethenny to go to his funeral. If she doesn't, I will assume it is because the widow asked her not to and she's respecting her wishes.

It seems that Dennis was having his cake and eating it too. Men like him and the women in his life who let him get away with it. Sigh.

Carole tweeting about Dennis bothers me more than Jill doing so. Jill and Bethenny are at least on civil terms right now. She declared war on Bethenny and has made a nasty remark or two about Bethenny and Dennis's relationship this season. She should know how to read the temperature of the room and that this was the time to keep quiet.

She should, but she has shown this year that she is clueless. Without having a body, uh buddy to hide behind she is showing how inept she is in basic human interaction/deceny. Case in point, Carole claiming Tinsley was calm on the boat because as a beaten woman she is conditioned to that. 

Not even Bethenny has commented, and there will be a time that she will comment, because of her media presence and relationship, but Carole has? Tacky.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Who does Bethenny have to rely on for this? No Dennis, no sisters or brothers, parents, aunts uncles. It's sad I agree she is going to need some serious support to get through this one.

She has lots of friends.  One doesn't have to be a relative in order to help someone else through the grieving process.  Ramona may have her faults, but recalling how she was always checking on Bethenny when she had to have surgery because she was practically hemorrhaging,  I really do believe that some of the ladies will step up and help her, among the countless friends we've seen her associate with over the course of her TV career.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

She has lots of friends.  One doesn't have to be a relative in order to help someone else through the grieving process.  Ramona may have her faults, but recalling how she was always checking on Bethenny when she had to have surgery because she was practically hemorrhaging,  I really do believe that some of the ladies will step up and help her, among the countless friends we've seen her associate with over the course of her TV career.

I believe I read where, despite her differences at the time with Jill, Ramona also visited Bobby more than once when he was in the hospital/hospice.  

Way back when, I believe Ramona also provided some consolation and support to Bethenny when she got the call her father was in the hospital and ill (she was dropping something off at Ramona's apartment and was visibly upset).

I loathe Ramona, but then I remind myself she does have some redeeming qualities that aren't depicted on the show.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, albarino said:

Please reference Spencer Tracey.

Spencer Tracy and his wife didn’t divorce because she was Catholic and in that era Catholics were more than strongly discouraged from divorcing.  I don’t see it as the same.

Maybe Dennis and his wife had an arrangement, but we don’t know.  And B has been all over the place about the relationship, claiming she didn’t run into him again until after the separation, then claiming they had been together “on and off for years” (seems like earlier than 2016 to me),so .....to me, that one daughter agreed to speak by phone at a reunion doesn’t mean his wife was ok with the affair.

back in TWOP days, someone turned me onto Richard kirschenbsum (sp?), who writes an occasional.   column about the q% for the New York Observer.  One article was on “the new divorce is no divorce”, talking about how it’s cheaper to live separately (or in separate wings if you are that wealthy) than divorce.

Edited by Mrs peel
Palace and place Happ even different meanings
  • Love 5

In terms of which cast members will actually reach out to comfort Bethenny, it's such an interesting time for this to be happening. She's at war with Carole and based on preview, Ramona. Things are shaky with Dorinda. Tinsley is a NMFE. Luann is out of rehab but their friendship isn't that deep (yet). Sonja would be the most obvious choice but she doesn't seem to be the type who is good in these types of situations. Party on the Playboy yacht? Yes. Funerals? Maybe not.

Jill would be the best actually. Maybe this will bring those two crows back together.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I believe I read where, despite her differences at the time with Jill, Ramona also visited Bobby more than once when he was in the hospital/hospice.  

Way back when, I believe Ramona also provided some consolation and support to Bethenny when she got the call her father was in the hospital and ill (she was dropping something off at Ramona's apartment and was visibly upset).

I loathe Ramona, but then I remind myself she does have some redeeming qualities that aren't depicted on the show.  

I can't stand Ramona either, though the longer I see her the more I believe she is on the Spectrum, and she was also there when B had her Endo problems.

• Love 6

Oh and forgive me for being crass in this time of life and death, but Bethenny was just handed her story line for next season. All the housewives who were Team Carole (Ramona, Tinsley, Dorinda)? Yeah, good luck trying anything nasty towards Bethenny next season. She'll be fragile, in mourning, and they'll come off terribly if they do. You already know how this is going to play out. All her sins against Carole will be forgiven and forgotten by everyone else.

Bye Carole!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Do we even know if Bethenny is in New York? This is the time of year that most of the cast go on vacation. 

She has been at her place in the Hamptons for the month. Quick trip to Orlando with Brynn at one point but yes like all New Yorkers she has August out of town.  She has been solo, no Brynn, since Monday of this week.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, MrsBestes said:

I certainly wouldn't.  His wife just made a statement that he was the love of her life.  It's just weird and is disrespectful to me...which is why I believe that a person should end their past relationships before starting new ones.

This is a mess for the loved ones.  Would Beth sit in the back?  I'm sure his wife and kids will be in the front. 

My parents DIVORCED and it was weird with the new family. It just WAS.  Kids may SAY they are fine with it, but I guarantee there are lingering feelings.

• Love 8