Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, jaync said:

Maybe she did know, maybe she didn't know, we just don't know.

She for sure knew about this ring...

image.png.9a5ef9fbed7683e6e6389fb9dcc0363e.png

What?! Where was this posted? Who posted it? That definitely looks like an engagement right and Dennis’ bald head. 

• Love 2

I don't believe the story about Dennis wanting to propose to Beth.  He wasn't divorced and as far as I know he wasn't even legally separated.  The diamond ring Beth is wearing in the picture was a joke.

Beth has said that Dennis wasn't available to her and she said in this last episode to Doris that you can love someone but sometimes it's not the right person.  She and Shields were always on and off.

Dennis and his wife had a deal.  It worked for them.  They were close.  Neither made any effort to shut down the marriage.  That complicates anyone in a future relationship with either of them.  I don't think Beth would ever accept that kind of relationship with Dennis in the long run and that's why they were on and off so much.

Bringing it back.  Did Dennis's longing for Beth cause his death in any way, shape or form?  NO.  For me, unless is shown otherwise, the man died from an accidental overdose.  Sad.

And I hope Beth understands she needs to take the back seat in this.  His wife of twenty something years is the widow.  And Beth doesn't make it a storyline next season.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, jaync said:

image.png.158007c6a633671263e9b9cf796237d4.png

It very well could be that Dennis was involved in some sketchy shit, but that he also accidentally OD'ed. 

Agreed, but evidently there was more to it than just Dennis popping a pain killer (unless the pill was laced with fentanyl).

How weird. But, she literally told him where to stand, too. Did he mention that he had pined for her for thirty years?

I know. She should forego filming for everybody's sake.

Maybe she did know, maybe she didn't know, we just don't know.

She for sure knew about this ring...

image.png.9a5ef9fbed7683e6e6389fb9dcc0363e.png

That’s some scar on his head. 

For Beth’s assistants’, driver’s, therapist’s and Teri’s sake, I hope Beth knew about the oxy, because if she found out through the overdose, she is probably really angry that he kept this from her.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MrsBestes said:

What?! Where was this posted? Who posted it? That definitely looks like an engagement right and Dennis’ bald head. 

I remember another shot of her wearing a big ring not long after we'd found out she was dating someone fairly seriously (I believe we didn't find out about Dennis and their history until a bit afterward, if memory serves).  I can't remember on which SM platform I saw it, but I don't believe it was up for very long.   (Not sure if it was serious or if she was just joking around and yanking our chains)

I just feel horrible for everyone involved here.  The shit that's being slung online is really making me sad.   What a complicated, depressing situation - for all of them.   His poor kids...

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I feel like his wife is making sure to counteract all of the "Bethenny's boyfriend, Dennis Shields..." headlines since his death. She can't stop those headlines from coming, so it seems that she'll do what she can control: her social media.

And I don't blame her one bit for that.

• Love 22

I remember another shot of her wearing a big ring not long after we'd found out she was dating someone fairly seriously (I believe we didn't find out about Dennis and their history until a bit afterward, if memory serves).

So, at least two separate pics of Beth wearing a diamond ring, and also an account of her going ring shopping...that's a lot of ring-ing going on. For whatever reason, she at least wanted to give the impression that there was an engagement.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 5

Bethenny was not behind the Radar story:

"A  source close to Bethenny told us how it’s unfair to even remotely suggest she somehow contributed to his fatal overdose...”

https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/08/12/bethenny-frankel-upset-rumors-dennis-shields-death-blame/

I think Shields was  likely drowning in pressure.  His company has been battling lawsuits for years (including accusations of buying off low level politicians to keep doing business -- and by "business" I mean cases like Bishme Ayers, who accused a Riker's guard of sodomizing him while he was handcuffed.  Ayers borrowed a 350.00 advance from LawCash.  The interest charged was so exorbitant, that meagre 350.00 ballooned into a 4,200.00 debt he owed LawCash out of his 10 K settlement. They also do "surgery funding". So awful).

Add Michael Cohen as a close friend (did they have a gimme a dollar, and I can claim attorney client privilege conversation?)  + chronic pain + opiods  = his house was not in order.  Shields also (imo) appeared to be using his wife and girlfriend to escape the implications of his life. One minute he's on the phone with his wife, the next he's considering proposing to Frankel. One minute he's at Springsteen with his wife, the next he's chasing Bethenny.  I'm sure he was a beloved person to many in his life and godspeed to his soul, but blaming a woman - any woman - for his overdose is disgusting, and even Radar should be shying away from it. 

5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I think Jill & Dennis stayed married to avoid the forensics of his murky financials in divorce court 

I buy it (you are FBI, after all :) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21
6 hours ago, film noire said:

Ayers borrowed a 350.00 advance from LawCash.  The interest charged was so exorbitant, that meagre 350.00 ballooned into a 4,200.00 debt he owed LawCash out of his 10 K settlement. They also do "surgery funding". So awful).

Thank you for bringing up this shady business he was involved with.  I don't believe in being cruel, but anyone who takes such advantage of those in need is just not a good person in my book.  That's horrible usury and it takes advantage of people in extremely difficult situations.  That poor guy had to borrow $350, meanwhile Dennis had a private jet capable of flying to Columbia at a moment's notice to pick up his girlfriend.  Not nice and not cool.  I always found him really slimy.  B says nasty things to say about Dorinda's John, but at least he doesn't make his money by taking advantage of people.  

That said, I do feel badly for those who cared about him, specifically his children.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

This is also why Bethenny's "Adam is an operator" proclamation rang of sour grapes that Adam didn't want to do what Bethenny asked him. She was on and off with a man whose business was the ultimate in "operating."

Oh, my goodness. You nailed it.  

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Showthyme said:

A person or a relationship cannot compete with an opioid addiction. 

I've been there. That type of addiction is horrific for those close to the addict. Granted, people's experience vary, but, it's really shocking how an addict can behave when they are in that state. Some can function, but, it's like there are two people. Very scary. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, film noire said:

Add Michael Cohen as a close friend (did they have a gimme a dollar, and I can claim attorney client privilege conversation?)  + chronic pain + opiods  = his house was not in order.  

Forensics of financials is so what the real Alonzo would ferret out. I do not think Dennis' house was in order and Jill agreed to stay married rather than both of them lose the money stream.  Among other reasons, real affection, the kids, etc. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

my work won't let me see the pic you shared......Dennis is laying on B's bed?  Who are the "sweet babies"?  

Cookie is on the edge of the bed and Dennis has his back towards cookie. They are both sleeping. It's an odd picture.  If she was going to equate both together then isn't there a picture when he's holding her or something. The bed just makes the post even ickier IMO

• Love 11
1 minute ago, scoobie1 said:

Cookie is on the edge of the bed and Dennis has his back towards cookie. They are both sleeping. It's an odd picture.  If she was going to equate both together then isn't there a picture when he's holding her or something. The bed just makes the post even ickier IMO

Gotcha.  thanks for the written description.  :)  

• Love 1

I personally have no problem at all with Beth's picture of Dennis and Cookie.

I have every problem with his widow's Instagram snaps and controlled mourning narrative given her decades of enjoyment and co-exploitation of the lifestyle afforded by Dennis's amoral, disgusting business practices.   Beth earned her cash without engaging in what we've discovered about the Shields business. To hell with that.   And I'll say no more, nor engage.  

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

His eyes are wide open so he most likely isn’t sleeping.

Because of the weird glow (reflection) in his eye, he looks dead - which is partly why the picture is creepy imo.

• Love 10

It's actually a pretty respectful choice, in my opinion. Bethenny isn't in it, there's a cute dog and while it's on a bed, he's fully clothed. The sentiment is kind and doesn't raise the issue of how they knew each other. 

Agree on the eye glow aspect tho, thats unfortunate.

• Love 23
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

As far as the ring is concerned, it certainly wouldn't be the first time a man gave a woman a stfu ring.

Unless they confided in you, we have no way of knowing if he gave her that ring.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

You qouted and responded to a post from fiore that refererenced this. I was responding to that portion of the post. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, okay.  I was so confused!  I didn't read the post I was responding to that thoroughly.  It was pretty obvious the poster was just on an anti-woman rant in general. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Normades said:

Thank you for bringing up this shady business he was involved with.  I don't believe in being cruel, but anyone who takes such advantage of those in need is just not a good person in my book.  That's horrible usury and it takes advantage of people in extremely difficult situations.  That poor guy had to borrow $350, meanwhile Dennis had a private jet capable of flying to Columbia at a moment's notice to pick up his girlfriend.  Not nice and not cool.  I always found him really slimy.  B says nasty things to say about Dorinda's John, but at least he doesn't make his money by taking advantage of people.  

That said, I do feel badly for those who cared about him, specifically his children.

Did he really own a jet?  Or was she asking him to hire a jet to get her  home?  Because of course she's incapable of making plane reservations herself (or having her minions do it for her).

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:30 PM, JennyMominFL said:

Im a bit sad that in the many threads about Bethany righth now, so many people automatically assume that any drug overdose means someone was an addict, a user.  They might be right. My niece that died on Jan 1st was a user, an addict. She was also a living kind human being in a lot of mental pain. Many people though, are like my husband, in horrible pain and trying to live a life , to function , to sleep, to not be in agony.

There have been times in the past 11 years when my husband has accidentally doubled up and ive spent the night making sure he was Ok. As i said in another thread, i fear that one day the pain will be to much and he will take too many and die. or when the pain is so intense that he isnt thinking straight and takes too many. I hope people dont see him as just an addict. Hes just genuinely trying not to live in Horrible pain and to be able to contribute to society.  I know people who live like him who have died this way and its frustrating to see people write them off because “they did it to themselves” or whatever. And guess what happens to some of these people? There insurance cuts them off or the meds are too expensive, so they move to street drugs, its not really a simple issue.

I will say that having narcan on hand makes me curious.

I just saw a Daily Mail article that said (we are talking Shields?) the Narcan wasn't in the house, but he asked his housekeeper to go to the drug store to pick it up.  so he had a prescription he hadn't filled?  Not sure.  Did read on Wikepedia (don't judge!?) that the price in the US has skyrocketed in the last couple of years.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, jaync said:

image.png.158007c6a633671263e9b9cf796237d4.png

Agreed, but evidently there was more to it than just Dennis popping a pain killer (unless the pill was laced with fentanyl).

Did I miss something? DO we know he had Fentanyl in his system? He may have had a fentanyl patch. My husband was on both fentanyl and I think one fomr of Oxy or another, for breakthrough pain.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Did I miss something? DO we know he had Fentanyl in his system? He may have had a fentanyl patch .My husband was on both fentanyl and I think one for of Oxy or another for breakthrough pain.

No you didn't miss anything.   It's pure speculation based on nothing.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Did I miss something? DO we know he had Fentanyl in his system? He may have had a fentanyl patch .My husband was on both fentanyl and I think one for of Oxy or another for breakthrough pain.

I believe that others are speculating that Dennis may have purchased extra pain pills from a dealer.  There have been many cases of people doing this and ODing on Fentanyl-laced Vicodins (or other RX medications).   If he was only taking his prescribed medications filled at legitimate pharmacies, then it is virtually impossible for this to happen.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

No you didn't miss anything.   It's pure speculation based on nothing.

And lets not minimize the danger of oxy.  The pill doesn’t need to be laced with anything.  You just need to take one too many.  And it might be that you are just taking one every 4 hours but you fell asleep and took one every hour.  Or you take one and the pain is still there and you take another.  This stuff is addictive and deadly.  The reason the opioid epidemic isn’t making as many headlines as it should is that addicts just die.  They die at a rate higher than other addictions.  So out of sight out of mind.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, film noire said:
17 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I think Jill & Dennis stayed married to avoid the forensics of his murky financials in divorce court 

I LOVE this a million times.   Hilarious !!!!

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

And lets not minimize the danger of oxy.  The pill doesn’t need to be laced with anything.  You just need to take one too many.  And it might be that you are just taking one every 4 hours but you fell asleep and took one every hour.  Or you take one and the pain is still there and you take another.  This stuff is addictive and deadly.  The reason the opioid epidemic isn’t making as many headlines as it should is that addicts just die.  They die at a rate higher than other addictions.  So out of sight out of mind.

I was on OxyContin for a few months after surgery.

The prescribing physician emphasized multiple times not to chew or break the tablet for any reason.

Further, he told me not to even try taking them over a sink, because if I dropped it it would be exposed to water which would compromise it's extended release and could be fatal, no matter how quickly I might pick it back up.  He said if that did happen, the pill would need to be flushed down the toilet immediately.  Scary stuff.

The Oxy's are definitely nothing to be taken lightly, whether it's immediate release or extended release.

I'm still holding for the ME statement regarding the actual cause of death, however.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I was on OxyContin for a few months after surgery.

The prescribing physician emphasized multiple times not to chew or break the tablet for any reason.

Further, he told me not to even try taking them over a sink, because if I dropped it it would be exposed to water which would compromise it's extended release and could be fatal, no matter how quickly I might pick it back up.  He said if that did happen, the pill would need to be flushed down the toilet immediately.  Scary stuff.

The Oxy's are definitely nothing to be taken lightly, whether it's immediate release or extended release.

I'm still holding for the ME statement regarding the actual cause of death, however.  

No offense but that's absurd. All medications should always be taken with water. That doctor was confused.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Higgins said:

No offense but that's absurd. All medications should always be taken with water. That doctor was confused.

While that doc was over the top, We were told similar. If they get wet, throw them away . Its meant to dissolve slowly in the stomach, hence the timed release. Drinking water as you take it is not quite the same as it getting wet outside of the body. i wouldnt be worrid about a splash right before i took it but if i ever discovered they were wet, I would toss them.  i think that Doc was being overly cautious.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

As we all should.

PSA - To everyone in the sound of my voice view of my keystrokes - please, please don't flush drugs of any kind down the toilet.  Take them to your pharmacy or local PD or FD for proper disposal.  Thanks!

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 22

B says nasty things to say about Dorinda's John, but at least he doesn't make his money by taking advantage of people.  

This is also why Bethenny's "Adam is an operator" proclamation rang of sour grapes that Adam didn't want to do what Bethenny asked him. She was on and off with a man whose business was the ultimate in "operating."

Great points. But, that's just typical Frankel, Real Hypocrite of NYC.

Beth earned her cash without engaging in what we've discovered about the Shields business. 

And? It's not like Beth didn't know how Dennis made a living, or that she didn't indulge in the fruits of his labor, herself.

Did I miss something? DO we know he had Fentanyl in his system?

No, not at all. Sorry for any confusion.

It's pure speculation based on nothing.

It wasn't speculation, it was in reply to a post that was speculating.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 8

Ugh. Many photos on Yahoo and elsewhere of Bethenny sobbing at Dennis' funeral. I wish the photogs would keep a respectful distance - if not completely disappear from the scene. I also feel horrible for his wife and kids, having their dad's funeral marred by paparazzi angling to get a shot of B. It's become all about her (but I don't think she wanted that).

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Higgins said:

See below....

56 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Oopsie....doubles!

42 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

While that doc was over the top, We were told similar. If they get wet, throw them away . Its meant to dissolve slowly in the stomach, hence the timed release. I think you are an RN, so I know you know about this. But, Drinking water as you take it is not quite the same as it getting wet outside of the body. i wouldnt be worrid about a splash right before i took it but if i ever discovered they were wet, I would toss them.  i think that Doc was being overly cautious.

Precisely, and that is exactly the way he explained it to me, that swallowing with water would begin releasing the active ingredients once it was safely in the stomach.

I was also OxyContin naive and he knew that.

There's a difference between taking a pill with water and dropping a pill into water which would begin the time release action by the time it was actually put into the mouth and swallowed.

I would never call something perhaps over-explained "absurd" when it's all about patient safety with a potentially lethal drug.

• Love 15