Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Alcohol is a free for all, but needed pain meds are a hazard.  I don’t get it.  My husband goes and buys wine at the liquor store, and I wait in the car.  In a matter of ten minutes, I watch all kinds of people, young and old going in and out like flies buying alcohol.  They probably can’t get pain meds for their pain, but can buy bottles of booze like nothing.  What the hell.  Pain meds can kill, but so can alcohol.

The problem is that pain meds can be sold for big money ... My sister had some heavy-duty pain meds when she was dying of cancer.  Our nephew came to visit her and she picked up her tray of drugs, looked at him and said, "Here, take these to college and sell them.  Now you won't need any more college loans.  Don't say I never did anything for you."   We all laughed, but she was right.  (After she died, BTW, we took them to the police department for disposal.)

This season had to be difficult for B - all the talk of rehab, possible alcoholism, Dennis, breaking up with Carole, etc.... no wonder she had a meltdown in Cartegena. 

I think it's because she over-extends herself deliberately and then complains she doesn't have any time.  I'm sure she'll be on a publicity tour over Dennis very shortly.  I think it's good she shares custody of Brynn--otherwise the kid would be raised by nannies.  

• Love 4

I saw Bethenny trying really hard to have Dorinda get help. Yes she called her out for her drinking, but Dorinda is a nasty, sloppy, drunk. Something needed to be said. She tried to get her help. Ever since Lu got back from her rehab and she found out Lu had a legal problem, she has been kind. She put aside the petty BS of the show and was supportive. She was the only woman on the show not to score points off of Lu for her drinking and legal troubles. Carole, Dorinda, Tinsley, Sonja, and Ramona all got off on Lu's public humiliation, Bethenny didn't. 

Last year she was less than kind about Dorinda and coke, but you know, right or wrong, there is still a difference between using legal drugs and using illegal drugs. They'll both get you addicted, but possession of one will automatically give you legal problems. 

Maybe her new compassion had to do with Dennis. Maybe her association with Dennis will bite her in the ass, but I'm sure many people have addicts in their lives to one degree or another, whether they are alcoholics or opiate addicts, coke heads or someone who can't do without their xanex. If we were all to be nailed to a wall for associating with people with problems, we'd be screwed.

• Love 22

My snark does not mean I am not sad we lost another person to a legal or illegal drugs...that said, here is my snark...Dennis must have been on something to buy that horrible tiger Gucci sweater he wore at Ramona's Hampton's dinner party.

I'll show myself out now.

• Love 22
16 hours ago, AnnA said:

Because it's the right thing to do.

Carole is stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. If she reaches out to Bethenny, some are going to attack her for being fake. If she doesn't, she gets attacked for being a cold, unfeeling bitch.

She already did the right thing, IMO. She sent condolences to his loved ones publicly and we don't know what she's done privately. Just as we don't know what Bethenny is doing in private.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Carole is stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. If she reaches out to Bethenny, some are going to attack her for being fake. If she doesn't, she gets attacked for being a cold, unfeeling bitch.

She already did the right thing, IMO. She sent condolences to his loved ones publicly and we don't know what she's done privately. Just as we don't know what Bethenny is doing in private.

I wouldn't give this a thought if it weren't sandwiched between the, my pain is so much worse than yours tweet and the gleeful, aren't I having so much fun picture tweet.

You are right. She would have been damned if she did and damned if she didn't say something, but her timing, and understanding of basic decency is way off. If she'd just waited a couple days her motivation and sincerity wouldn't have been so questioned, at least by me.

• Love 5

I don't think having a good time while someone else is going through tragedy is necessarily a wrong or bad thing.  I don't expect Carole to stop her life because a person she knew a bit died - there's nothing to say she was all that close to Dennis even when she was close to Bethenny, so I don't see anything wrong with her dinner tweet.

I do think her first (now deleted) tweet about #richwhitegirlproblems that are too far beneath her to warrant a response was super unfortunate and mean-spirited, even without Dennis' death.  I absolutely believe that she didn't know Dennis had died when she posted that, but I also don't think that everything less than death can be dismissed as #richwhitegirlproblems.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I wouldn't give this a thought if it weren't sandwiched between the, my pain is so much worse than yours tweet and the gleeful, aren't I having so much fun picture tweet.

You are right. She would have been damned if she did and damned if she didn't say something, but her timing, and understanding of basic decency is way off. If she'd just waited a couple days her motivation and sincerity wouldn't have been so questioned, at least by me.

Maybe staying off social media would have been a better choice.    Did any of the other HWs tweet about Dennis?  

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, ancslove said:

I don't think having a good time while someone else is going through tragedy is necessarily a wrong or bad thing.  I don't expect Carole to stop her life because a person she knew a bit died - there's nothing to say she was all that close to Dennis even when she was close to Bethenny, so I don't see anything wrong with her dinner tweet.

I do think her first (now deleted) tweet about #richwhitegirlproblems that are too far beneath her to warrant a response was super unfortunate and mean-spirited, even without Dennis' death.  I absolutely believe that she didn't know Dennis had died when she posted that, but I also don't think that everything less than death can be dismissed as #richwhitegirlproblems.

I believe it too.  

But, is Carole Radziwill going to be going back and retroactively hashtagging all her bitching about Bethanny tweets with #richwhitegirlproblems, because pot meet kettle. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Jel said:

I believe it too.  

But, is Carole Radziwill going to be going back and retroactively hashtagging all her bitching about Bethanny tweets with #richwhitegirlproblems, because pot meet kettle. 

She's been acting like a fame whore on social media.   I think Carole is going to have a hard time not being a HW.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ancslove said:

I do think her first (now deleted) tweet about #richwhitegirlproblems that are too far beneath her to warrant a response was super unfortunate and mean-spirited, even without Dennis' death

I don't follow her on social media.  What did she say?  

39 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Did any of the other HWs tweet about Dennis?  

I checked to see if Kyle Richards had posted anything on FB, but she doesn't have anything current there.  She may have tweeted something.  Again, I don't follow any of these ladies on a regular basis on any of the social media sites. I'm wondering if Kyle might go to NYC to see Bethenny since they are good friends.  I'm sure we'll hear more about all of this in the coming days.   I have no doubt that the wagons will circle around Bethenny as her friends come to her aid.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Go into the Carole thread and read what she posted and then deleted, presumably before she knew, about her pain.

I haven't read this entire thread, but yesterday was the anniversary of Carole's husband's death.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I checked to see if Kyle Richards had posted anything on FB, but she doesn't have anything current there.  She may have tweeted something.  Again, I don't follow any of these ladies on a regular basis on any of the social media sites. I'm wondering if Kyle might go to NYC to see Bethenny since they are good friends.  I'm sure we'll hear more about all of this in the coming days.   I have no doubt that the wagons will circle around Bethenny as her friends come to her aid.

There was a ‘source close to Bravo’ that said Bravo had specifically asked no one hit SM about it.  So if Iwas trying to come up with the right way to tweet something that wasn’t all about me but feeling I had to do something or people would comment ... then Bravo saysing don’t do anything is a lifesaver.

Kyle would reach out personally.  One of Bethenny’s last insta was a lovely cheese basket from Luann.  And this would have been before the news was out.  So I’m guessing Luann would also reach out personally.  It’s an odd world we live in where so much of what we live is SM.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I have no doubt that the wagons will circle around Bethenny as her friends come to her aid.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the reunion footage. If Andy and the gossip sites are to be believed, the women ganged up on Bethenny.    Even though the reunion was filmed before Dennis died, it's not going to be a good look for them now.   

• Love 7
20 hours ago, amypdx said:

Long ago, I dated a man who had been separated for something like 10 years. He finally admitted that the reason he didn’t finalize the divorce was “because he’d just have to get married again (to me I guess).  

Bethenny did state that Dennis could not commit. That seems like an explanation to me.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the reunion footage.

In light of what has transpired over the past 24 hours, I wouldn't mind if they just scrapped the reunion footage altogether.  I can live without hearing them all bitch at each other.  I'm sure that some of their grievances with Bethenny have to do with hearing her THs throughout the season, but like you said, it's just going to look really bad at this point.  

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, AnnA said:

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the reunion footage. If Andy and the gossip sites are to be believed, the women ganged up on Bethenny.    Even though the reunion was filmed before Dennis died, it's not going to be a good look for them now.   

That’s true but i also hope they don’t clean it up too much.

1. We are already losing the Luann story

2. If they clean it up too much then it’s inauthentic and the bethenny haters will go to no ends to cry foul.

3. The fact of life is that what happened during the season happened and it needs to be addressed. 

Its unfortunate that Denis died and I get cleaning up a few things but his passing should have little to do with the reunion editing.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, bagger said:

Its unfortunate that Denis died and I get cleaning up a few things but his passing should have little to do with the reunion editing.

If they air it, then I want to see it as it was filmed, but since Dennis died, the idea of the reunion just seems so unimportant in the grand scheme of things, IMO.  I'd be fine with no reunion at all.  Andy can shelve it.  

• Love 5
On 8/11/2018 at 3:06 PM, ChitChat said:

In light of what has transpired over the past 24 hours, I wouldn't mind if they just scrapped the reunion footage altogether.  I can live without hearing them all bitch at each other.  I'm sure that some of their grievances with Bethenny have to do with hearing her THs throughout the season, but like you said, it's just going to look really bad at this point.  

I don't want them to scrap the reunion. All of the viewers and everyone involved know that this was all filmed before Dennis died. If there really are people who think that the reunion is filmed the day that it airs or something they can always put up a disclaimer stating that it was filmed well before his death. The reunion is the place for people to air their grievances about what happened throughout the season. It isn't like the other housewives were saying whatever was on their mind while knowing that Bethenny was dealing with a tragedy. 

Russell was a bigger part of RHBH than Dennis was of RHNY and that didn't change much of anything, so I really can't see Bravo choosing not to air it.

In any case, I don't think it would be fair to the housewives, Bethenny included, to have their point of view about the season silenced. 

I also have my doubts that all of the women "gang up" on Bethenny. If more than one woman is explaining to Bethenny how their feelings were hurt or whatever during the course of the season, I don't see that as the equivalent of a gang up. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 23
Just now, Avaleigh said:

I don't want them to scrap the reunion. All of the viewers and everyone involved know that this was all filmed before Dennis died. If there really are people who think that the reunion is filmed the day that it airs or something they can always put up a disclaimer stating that it was filmed well before his death. The reunion is the place for people to air their grievances about what happened throughout the season. It isn't like the other housewives were saying whatever was on their mind while knowing that Bethenny was dealing with a tragedy. 

Russell was a bigger part of RHBH than Dennis was of RHNY and that didn't change much of anything, so I really can't see Bravo choosing not to air it.

In any case, I don't think it would be fair to the housewives, Bethenny included, to have their point of view about the season silenced. 

I'll also have my doubts that all of the women "gang up" on Bethenny. If more than one woman is explaining to Bethenny how their feelings were hurt or whatever during the course of the season, I don't see that as the equivalent of a gang up. 

I was just thinking about Russell's suicide and how it didn't change the airing of RHOBH.

Bravo will (and should) air the reunion. I have to think that maybe even with this upcoming episode, they might have something either in the "recap" stills about Dennis or he may even get a "In memory of..." card in the closing credits.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I don't follow her on social media.  What did she say?  

Looks like Beth's buddy Sonja has recovered quickly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmWfkK5npF-/?hl=en&taken-by=sonjatmorgan

"sonjatmorgan  Took a day off social yesterday to reflect and pray for others. Today a throw back to my Weds evening on @bravowwhl with the on point @michaelrapaport who is our #1 #rhonyfan. With the effervescent #catnip@bravoandy Did you guys watch. What did ya think of the episode. I thought all of us girls were hilarious in this episode! ??#bravotv No? Ok in our quirky ways? 
Dress by @sonjabysonjamorgan"

Say what you will about Carole being insensitive.

WoW, Sonja. Talk about lack of compassion. Geez Louize.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I understand what you're saying.  I guess his death (just like when Russell died) makes me think about how stupid these housewives shows can be with all of the petty squabbling.  A death always puts things into perspective.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Didn't Russell die before the reunion was filmed?  I don't remember.

He took his life before the second season started up. So, they'd already filmed entire season one and the reunion, plus filmed the second season.

• Love 5

Dennis Shields on Listen Up Podcast, August 4.

https://player.fm/series/1330948

If you have time and patience to fast forward through the business talk, the Bethenny discussion begins at the 45 minute mark.

If you don't have the time and patience, you can just read this:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/08/bethenny-frankels-beau-dennis-shields-spoke-about-dating-her-days-before-his-death/

".....in an eerie moment given that Shields had just days to live, he laughed uproariously! The banker told host Chadrow his friendship with Frankel went way back. He had met Frankel when they were both still in college.

“My ex-wife and her were friends in high school,” Shields explained in the recently-surfaced interview. “We remained friends the whole time that I was married…nothing but friends, and then after…I got separated, Bethenny and I started dating and we have been together on and off now for I think it’s almost four years. That’s what she told me.”

"Shields went on to praise Frankel, who split from her ex Jason Hoppy, the father of her daughter, as a “great mother, a great person. She’s really, really smart. She’s terrific in every way. “But we do break up a lot,” he confided.

I must say, having heard the last 20 minutes of this podcast, Dennis seems like a very, very good guy, and it made me feel so so sad to listen to him speaking just one week ago. He made some very nice comments about Bethenny and her humanitarian efforts. He also spoke about living in the Trump Tower, and his thoughts on Trump.

At the very end he told a little story about recently trying to set up a twitter account. He just sounded so naturally sweet and nerdy and it broke my heart.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Dennis Shields on Listen Up Podcast, August 4.

https://player.fm/series/1330948

If you have time and patience to fast forward through the business talk, the Bethenny discussion begins at the 45 minute mark.

If you don't have the time and patience, you can just read this:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/08/bethenny-frankels-beau-dennis-shields-spoke-about-dating-her-days-before-his-death/

".....in an eerie moment given that Shields had just days to live, he laughed uproariously! The banker told host Chadrow his friendship with Frankel went way back. He had met Frankel when they were both still in college.

“My ex-wife and her were friends in high school,” Shields explained in the recently-surfaced interview. “We remained friends the whole time that I was married…nothing but friends, and then after…I got separated, Bethenny and I started dating and we have been together on and off now for I think it’s almost four years. That’s what she told me.”

"Shields went on to praise Frankel, who split from her ex Jason Hoppy, the father of her daughter, as a “great mother, a great person. She’s really, really smart. She’s terrific in every way. “But we do break up a lot,” he confided.

I must say, having heard the last 20 minutes of this podcast, Dennis seems like a very, very good guy, and it made me feel so so sad to listen to him speaking just one week ago. He made some very nice comments about Bethenny and her humanitarian efforts. He also spoke about living in the Trump Tower, and his thoughts on Trump.

At the very end he told a little story about recently trying to set up a twitter account. He just sounded so naturally sweet and nerdy and it broke my heart.

Interesting read. 

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

If they air it, then I want to see it as it was filmed, but since Dennis died, the idea of the reunion just seems so unimportant in the grand scheme of things, IMO.  I'd be fine with no reunion at all.  Andy can shelve it.  

This was a dark season.  Seriously dark.  I haven't been tuning in as a result and I don't care to see the reunion.  Such a departure from the great energy the girls had in Mexico last season (or was it the one before?).

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

He just sounded so naturally sweet and nerdy and it broke my heart.

It's too bad we didn't get to see more of him on the show.  As I said earlier, I was always confused about his and Bethenny's relationship, mainly because we never really got to see them as a couple and doing things together.  It seems like they were all kind of mum on the subject.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jextella said:

This was a dark season.  Seriously dark.  I haven't been tuning in as a result and I don't care to see the reunion.  Such a departure from the great energy the girls had in Mexico last season (or was it the one before?).

I still want to see the reunion, because it's a real slice of life before this tragedy occurred.  None of what was filmed at the reunion should be unseen or unheard. Real life in real time.  It is entirely possible that the Bethenny, Luann, Ramona, Tinsley, Dorinda that we see during the reunion may not be the same women in the same relationships with each other that we will see today and tomorrow.  We will see what happens on SM after the reunion is aired. 

From what I see now on SM, Carole and Sonja are not very compassionate.  Carole, not a surprise, she has not been pretending to be Beth's friend.

Sonja,  on the other hand, WTF? She prayed yesterday, and now today it's all light and funny and "what do you all think about my fashion and appearance on WWHL?  WTF? She is beyond horrid, and Bethenny needs to ditch her. I am horrified with Sonja right now. 

No one can foresee tomorrow. How I choose to act today reflects who I am today. (Reunion) Circumstances can turn things around for anyone at anytime. It doesn't change yesterday. Yesterday cannot be erased, but we can learn from it and change ourselves for tomorrow. Let's see what happens from now on.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

It's too bad we didn't get to see more of him on the show.  As I said earlier, I was always confused about his and Bethenny's relationship, mainly because we never really got to see them as a couple and doing things together.  It seems like they were all kind of mum on the subject.  

I have to wonder if it is possible that Bethenny was aware of his "issues' and made sure to keep him and his situation away from the cameras. 

It does appear to me that the relationship between Bethenny and Dennis was very much like the one between Carole and Adam in that they were very on again/ off again over several years. ( They broke up alot)  Together, then not together, and so on...blah blah blah.

Bethenny could have chosen to keep Dennis behind the cameras( (because of the on again/off again) Dennis could have chosen to keep himself behind the camera ( to protect his wife/children)

Adam was more of a free spirit and didn't give a shit if he was filmed. More exposure for him, and who can blame him for thinking that was a good thing. ( and by the way I really dislike Adam)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I haven't read this entire thread, but yesterday was the anniversary of Carole's husband's death.

Yes, we know. It's been discussed. The #whitegirlproblems, from Princess Radziwell was the topper to that, my tragedy is greater than anyone else's, look at me post.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yes, we know. It's been discussed. The #whitegirlproblems, from Princess Radziwell was the topper to that, my tragedy is greater than anyone else's, look at me post.

It was #richwhitegirlproblems 

image.png

• Love 4
On 8/10/2018 at 6:24 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Cautionary tale: If anyone is ever asked to procure Narcan the first thing to do is immediately call 911. That poor housekeeper must be distraught (not blaming her). 

I hope Bethenny doesn’t make this all about her. Good thing they aren’t filming now. Didn’t Shields have kids? What a tragedy. 

In my state, you cannot have legal narcotics filled unless you also fill a script for Narcan.  I have the two dose box of Narcan as I take pain meds for chronic pain.  However, having to wait for someone to come over and administer it, makes no sense.  He should have had it handy and ready to use.  Of course, maybe his narcotics weren’t legally prescribed.

8 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Indeed it isn't. Now if Carole would only stop treating it as such.

Carole isn’t.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

In my state, you cannot have legal narcotics filled unless you also fill a script for Narcan.  I have the two dose box of Narcan as I take pain meds for chronic pain.  However, having to wait for someone to come over and administer it, makes no sense.  He should have had it handy and ready to use.  Of course, maybe his narcotics weren’t legally prescribed.

Carole isn’t.

I don't understand the criteria for having Narcan at the ready. Can someone with knowledge please explain? I would like to know the state of mind that he was in.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I don't understand the criteria for having Narcan at the ready. Can someone with knowledge please explain? I would like to know the state of mind that he was in.

I have it....it’s required when you fill prescriptions for narcotics.  You keep it where it’s handy, and it’s super super easy to use.  You just squirt it up your nose.  So if you start feeling bad, you use it. It works super fast.  My DH knows where I keep it.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 8
Just now, ButterQueen said:

I have it....it’s required when you fill prescriptions for narcotics.  You keep it where it’s handy, and it’s super super easy to use.  You just squirt it up your nose.  So if you start feeling bad, you use it.

That’s crazy that now it’s required! When did that start? 

13 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I want nothing changed from the reunion.  I’m sad Dennis passed away, but he was not a cast member, he was not shown with Bethenny but one time, he was no longer dating Bethenny, and he died after everything was filmed.  He was just not that important to the show itself.  Would people feel the same way if John or Scott passed away?

Bethenny will be insufferable next season.

Yes. 

• Love 7

I feel sorry for Bethenny. I'm shocked at all the shots being taken all over the internet. Whatever was going on with Dennis is immaterial. She is probably heartbroken. I can't speak to what she knew or didn't know nor can anyone else. As for Carol, I have never liked her. She is distant, haughty and completely boring. That she would take shots during a horrible time like this speaks to her lack of integrity and character. She's way more damaged than I thought. 

• Love 15