Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Don't Be a Drag

• Start Topic

On the final day of their Palm Springs trip, Whitney takes over and calls Meredith on her behavior; Monica and Lisa's tension reveals itself in head-to-toe drag; Angie and Meredith continue to throw insults at each other; Heather and Angie bond.

Airdate: 09.26.2023

• Like 1

Wait…Heather is blaming the other women for her drinking five martini’s until she puked? I’m surprised the van people are allowing her back into their van. 
Mary once again not participating with the group. I don’t blame her but why did they bring her back. Had to have been about her needing money. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Like 8
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Wait…Heather is blaming the other women for her drinking five martini’s until she puked? I’m surprised the van people are allowing her back into their van. 

If it's a party van, I doubt she's the first or last one to do that in the van. Get ServePro. "Like it never happened." That has been running commercial on my cable.

Is Mary a full housewife? I definitely prefer her over the producer driven stupid, like Angie 'crashing'. Please.

Lisa, take a peach treat and go with it girl.

Edited by WaltersHair
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

Why does everything Lisa spends money on cost $60,000? Her ring was $60,000 and now she spends $60,000 yearly on glam? It’s like a little kid with no concept of money saying everything is $1,000,000 because it’s the biggest number they know. I have glam in San Tropez. I have glam in Monaco. Just have Morgan come do your drag makeup then. You and Whitney looked like verge of drag when you “rolled out of bed” earlier wearing heavy eye makeup in your PJs.

Anita Invite! Snort! I don’t know about any of these looks, but that’s a great name for Angie. I love that half of them just look like themselves. Meredith went with a business suit with skirt instead of her usual pantsuit. Drag!

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Oh man, I’m tired of Monica bringing up Lisa’s ring and being rich. Why did Monica buy an expensive purse so she felt she would fit in with everyone else, who are/or acting rich? Has she seen Mary’s closet from last year? 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Lisa has really been throwing dollar signs everywhere so the world knows how wealthy they are.   I think it’s pathetic that a woman her age can’t do her own makeup and has glam come to go to the grocery store.  Lisa is worth around $5 million.  Lets compare that to another housewife that needed her glam, Tinsley Mortimer.  She is worth $35 million.  This made Lisa look petty and insecure.  Let’s not forget she has a shopper in Milan.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Who is this sick handicapped for life child that Meredith keeps bringing up?  It's getting annoying.  She has YET to tell anyone who this sick child is to her and her glorious life.

Can't stand Mary Cosby.  She's just hanging out on the perimeter doing absolutely NOTHING.  Shit, they can pay ME to do that!

• Like 20
  • LOL 4

Why does Mary come for the ride every time they go in the van but refuse to get out of it?!? She just sits in the car for hours at a time?!? Just stay home then. She truly hasn’t participated in a single thing this entire day. She won’t even just sit  near them. And yet everyone is getting on Lisa and Meredith for not getting into drag. What about Mary? I guess they forgot she’s even there. I’m surprised the producers don’t just swing over to the airport after the McDonald’s drive-thru and send her back to her closet.

Lisa does seem particularly obnoxious this season bragging about money. Maybe because this is suddenly a storyline that no one questioned before, but it’s not a good look. Her shopper from Milan sent outfits and she flys her glam squad around the world. Though Monica is making it hard for me to take her side. She’s obnoxious, too. I think the only person I can handle on this trip is Heather constantly stifling giggles watching the ridiculous accusations and dramatic one-liners.

“Weaponized disabled children” sounds like something out of a South Park episode.

• Like 12
  • LOL 12
32 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Mary sure is a sourpuss. I can't believe that they are paying her when she doesn't participate in anything and tells the women that she doesn't like them and doesn't want to be there. I hope they cut her lose soon.

I have never seen a housewife more opposed to anything "Real Housewives" as Mary.  

I have also never seen anyone with such a perpetual scowl.  Mary is a poster child for RBF, except her face is always in bitch mode, and not just when it's resting.

She's miserable.  

I do have to give Mary props, though, because I really thought she was going to hightail it out of the Trixie Motel once she realized that Trixie was a drag queen, and she hung in there.

• Like 8
59 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Mary once again not participating with the group. I don’t blame her but why did they bring her back. Had to have been about her needing money. 

I think they thought with Jen gone that Mary would be better.  THEY WERE WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!  Mary is an antisocial misfit.  How she manages to have a church following is beyond me.  

And all I have to say about Lisa is she must look a horrid mess without makeup to have a meltdown like that!

Angie can go and take Monica with her. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

Everyone’s yelling the most hurtful stuff they can think of to get the camera’s attention and cut to: Heather as Hungover Dolly Parton. Cracked me up.

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
40 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Who is this sick handicapped for life child that Meredith keeps bringing up?  It's getting annoying.  She has YET to tell anyone who this sick child is to her and her glorious life

Yes, she needs to explain this or stop bringing it up. Whitney is right about her. Whenever she gets called out, she plays “my problems are up here, and yours are down there.” 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Meredith is having caviar for breakfast. Well, Meredith sells her own caviar, so that was her promotion. She advertises on her IG, and she has a separate IG page for the new business. 

Was the other women's responsibility to count how many drinks Heather had?

Meredith is top heavy because of her (newer) breast implants. Angie overdid it with the lip fillers. 

Meredith needs to stop calling Angie a crasher. She knows she is a HW (or that she was trying to become one), and Bravo invited her. 

Lisa refused to have anybody but her glam person do her makeup! It's her face! And she had a meltdown. 

Meredith and Lisa didn't even try to do drag makeup. Mary tried a little bit.

Meredith had crazy eyes again.

Lisa is in touch with middle America (not). 

Piece of shit sounds better in Portuguese!

Monica's comments about how rich Lisa is (and about her expensive ring) are tiresome.

Monica doesn't know Jen Shah now? She said on the first episode that Jen trusted her enough to ask her to hide assets for her by putting them on her name, and she testified against her in her trial (so she knew her well).

Is being mean (Mary) Christian behavior? 

I like Meredith's Courreges jacket.

3 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Lisa has really been throwing dollar signs everywhere so the world knows how wealthy they are.   I think it’s pathetic that a woman her age can’t do her own makeup and has glam come to go to the grocery store.  Lisa is worth around $5 million.  Lets compare that to another housewife that needed her glam, Tinsley Mortimer.  She is worth $35 million.  This made Lisa look petty and insecure.  Let’s not forget she has a shopper in Milan.

Tinsley is worth $35 million?

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Yes, she needs to explain this or stop bringing it up. Whitney is right about her. Whenever she gets called out, she plays “my problems are up here, and yours are down there.” 

She said something about a sister-in-law's grandchild.

• Useful 4

As long as they keep Mary for snotty asides both to the other ladies faces and in her confessionals, she’s earning her paycheck in my opinion.  She is a surly Greek Chorus and I’m here for that.  (Exposure to her bat shit crazy home life and contemplation of her (HER) as a “Pastor”, not so much).

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

Middle class ppl have $60K rings? I don’t even make $60K a year lmao. Get a grip Lisa lol.

Meredith always has an excuse. She’s insane and always thinks everyone is disgusting lol.

My pitbull is the best. Angie is annoying tho.

Wasn’t minding Monica but she was trying a bit too hard tonight. She’s still entertaining tho for now.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 10
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

That would be why she came back - Bravo doesn't owe her a paycheck just because she needs money.  I still think they're hoping she'll get arrested during the season 😄

But I finally have something in common with Mary - I too always wonder when and why speed bumps became speed humps!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I got a headache  .trying  to make out what everyone  was saying. I'd rather of gone to McDonald's  with Mary. Seriously,  she shouldn't  be on the show, but then I'm not very keen on any of them. Heather blaming the other women,  because  she got drunk. Please!

Lisa was actually crying  because  she wanted her glam squad, what's the matter  with her. I have glam in Costa Rica, I have glam in timbuktu, I have glam in blah blah blah, what a little princess. I have  no idea what Monica  was saying and Meredith obviously  doesn't  like Angie, why is Angie complaining  about anything. Their drag costumes  and makeup  were bad.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Dressing in drag is typically dressing like the opposite sex. How stupid is Whitney? You just know she thought she was the best looking drag queen ever. She also thought kissing Trixies ass would make her a winner. Wake up bobble head! The one’s in the wigs looked awful.  Monica looked downright dirty.. There was nothing wrong with Lisa’s look or Merediths. Who says dressing up has to be in huge ugly wigs?  The wet noodles looked much better.
I don’t mind Mary’s commentary or how indifferent she is to all the fake drama. I would have sat in the bus with her during that stupid team building. 
Brother in law fucker needs to back off Lisa Barlow. Maybe she would have a sixty thousand dollar ring if she hadn’t cheated on her husband.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 4
  • LOL 6

Meredith "plans a trip" and Whitney decides to invite Angie, who was purposely not invited. Then Whitney declares SHE is now in charge of the trip, throws her own drag event (is it still considered drag if it's women?), then gets mad at Meredith for not participating? Fuck off Whitney.

By the end of the episode I was convinced Mary was the smartest of all of them to skip the night out and go to McD's instead. 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Hungover Dolly Parton

Brilliant

6 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Lisa was actually crying  because  she wanted her glam squad,

Lisa is one of the most insecure, superficial housewives, and that's saying a lot. I do enjoy her eyelashes-in-the-headlights look. That's her "tell" when someone calls her out. It's like her mouth stops working and her batting eyelashes have to do all the work.

As long as they keep Mary for snotty asides both to the other ladies faces and in her confessionals, she’s earning her paycheck in my opinion.

Mary may be one of the few housewives who is allowed to get away with this. Her combination of batshit + perceptive is kind of fascinating and entertaining.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Bullet points .. if you dont want to do group activities then dont be on the show 

the new girl needs to pick a struggle 

The whole premise of these shows is wealthy woman and their families behind exclusive gated communities bitching because one actually talks about her wealth is fucking stupid 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3

Finding the McFish at the bottom of that bag was the most excited/the happiest I think we've ever seen Mary. Evah!

Mary with her McFish, fries, and McNuggets:

excited-shaquille-o-neal-3isxv4tbjeeb3fe

Who knew that all it would take to get genuine joy out of her was a trip to MickyDs!

• Like 2
  • LOL 16
12 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Mary sure is a sourpuss. I can't believe that they are paying her when she doesn't participate in anything and tells the women that she doesn't like them and doesn't want to be there. I hope they cut her lose soon.

12 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Why does Mary come for the ride every time they go in the van but refuse to get out of it?!? She just sits in the car for hours at a time?!?

I don't blame Mary at all for staying away from bobblehead Whitney and dipshit Angie.  I'd watch Mary go thru the MacDonald's drive-thru any day over those two morons.

11 hours ago, escatefromny said:

As long as they keep Mary for snotty asides both to the other ladies faces and in her confessionals, she’s earning her paycheck in my opinion.  She is a surly Greek Chorus and I’m here for that.

2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Mary may be one of the few housewives who is allowed to get away with this. Her combination of batshit + perceptive is kind of fascinating and entertaining.

3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

By the end of the episode I was convinced Mary was the smartest of all of them to skip the night out and go to McD's instead. 

Hear, hear!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I completely agree that Mary should be participating, but maybe production sees it as more drama (her antagonism for everyone but Meredith) or a comedy skit (going to a McDonalds drive-in and scarfing down enormous amounts of food while complaining about the food in high end restaurants).  My hope is that Bravo is deducting $ from each event Mary doesn't participate in .  She is delusional if she thinks doing the show again for the money is worth it, because she has the most to hide of the entire group.  

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I feel like Angie thinks she's so badass and intimidating. 

Also, what was happening with Lisa's face when she was having the makeup done? Did she have a sheet mask on? Because something looked super-crazy wrinkled and...kind of brown? I backed it up a couple of times but still couldn't see what was what.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

I wish Whitney would just shut her pie hole. She always wants everyone to solve their problems when they are all hammered.l She just never shuts up about whatever she is going on about. I just find her so fake, and that voice of hers makes me stabby.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I'm not sure why, but I get Monica and Angie's names mixed up.  To me Monica looks more like an Angie and vice versa.  

Mary is there for snarky commentary and that's it.  Wonder what she gets paid as a "friend." 

I guess next week we find out about the huzzzband. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I feel like Whitney asking Mary why she's on the girls trip if she doesn't trust them or participate in anything was breaking the fourth wall a bit. She may as well have asked "why are you back on the show?"

Right after the drag event when they were all sitting around eating, Mary says nobody has been talking to her then Lisa says come join us and Mary says no. Like what does she actually want?? Mcdonald's apparently. I can't get behind Mary, she is so frustrating.

I agree that Meredith needs to explain what is going on with the disabled children because to keep freaking out and dramatically call people disgusting is not really an explanation the what is going on. I'm (shockingly) on Whitney's side with this one.

So Monica was saying she was Jenn's assistant but she didn't get paid? And all the women did favors for Jenn? I'm going to need more details. I also can't sympathize too much with her divorce when she had an 18 month affair.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Mary with her McDonalds. I love a good filet-o-fish, too!  What I don't love is her blatant disdain for everyone in this cast. Time to say bye bye to Mary. 

I heard somewhere ( I think from Whitney on WWHL) that the reason Meredith moves so much and rents in SLC instead of buying is because she's only there for filming and really lives in NYC! Makes sense to me. It also explains why Meredith is good friends with Erin of RHONY. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’m surprised the producers don’t just swing over to the airport after the McDonald’s drive-thru and send her back to her closet.

Better yet, tell her the "luxurious" McDonald's is in the airport and just drop her off with a boarding pass pinned to her chest. For someone who appears to think she is deserving of the finer things in life she certainly got excited about the prospect of getting a meal from Mickey D's.  Lisa too seemed to get real excited when she found out about Mary's fast food run.  Poseurs!

18 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Lisa uses glam? 

She doesn't seem to be getting her money's worth, does she?  Straight hanging hair parted in the middle with no real styling and some mascara, eyebrow shaping,  a bit of lipstick and blush maybe...and that's her look for special occasions.  That's my self executed under five minute look for when I want to be a little more presentable. I wouldn't be bragging that I need someone to do that for me in order to go to the grocery store.  

Had a friend from high school who would take literally two to three totally dedicated hours to put on her make-up and fix her hair before hitting the clubs.  I remember someone once commenting, "Wow, and she only looks fair to middling after all of that, what does she look like without it!"  Had the same thought watching this episode.

• Like 8
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

I wish Whitney would just shut her pie hole. She always wants everyone to solve their problems when they are all hammered.l She just never shuts up about whatever she is going on about. I just find her so fake, and that voice of hers makes me stabby.

“Hi!  Me again!”

She is too much.  But I’m glad she went after Meredith and her crippled children/migraine.  There is always something.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Tinsley is worth $35 million?

Tinsley’s family had money and then she married Topper Mortimer who is old family money.  You can’t even find out what his net worth is, but he’s very wealthy.  When they divorce I’m sure she got a very good settlement.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, ichbin said:

For someone who appears to think she is deserving of the finer things in life she certainly got excited about the prospect of getting a meal from Mickey D's.

This love for rather basic fast or restaurant food might be a Housewives thing.  I remember one of the other casts--maybe OC or Beverly Hills?--making a huge deal of eating chicken parmesan like it was some exotic dish.  

Mary's bitter non-participation is probably because her church closed down.  Her disdain for the others is funny, but she needs to do more to earn her participation trophy.

• Like 2
  • Useful 8

Mary’s look of pure joy after receiving her McD’s was the happiest, most authentic look I’ve seen on ANY of the Housewives shows ever.  My heart melted and I kinda loved her in that moment. 

Lisa Barlow has been looking pretty rough and haggard in some of her close ups in less flattering light. I think she knows the age train has hit her and that was the reason for the glam squad meltdown. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Monica is just pure trash... good for housewives, but certainly someone I wouldn't be friends in real life with.  I certainly wouldn't trust her with anyone married or my significant other.  

Lisa is all about Lisa.. and tonight I was understood what Monica was saying and agreed with Monica.. though I do think Monica is projecting her insecurities onto Lisa.  Actually.. she and Lisa are more alike then either would like to admit.

Whitney... you may have gotten some coaching from Candiace.. but you're still in the reading people for beginners class.

Angie K... makes me wonder why Angie H isn't there instead LOL

Heather has the best talking heads especially during the team building scenes at the park LOL

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Heather has the best talking heads especially during the team building scenes at the park LOL

I think Heather realized she threw away all the good will she garnered in the first two seasons by letting fame go to her head.  We love this Heather....of course, that means she is also more guarded about what she says/ does.  (Although the scene in the van was pretty authentic!). 

• Like 6
13 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Mary's bitter non-participation is probably because her church closed down.  Her disdain for the others is funny, but she needs to do more to earn her participation trophy.

Thanks for linking the article.  That was really a puff piece!  And the article stated how much trauma Mary went through by reading about Jennie's BLM post.....  When MARY has said very problematic things in the past-   talking about Black people hanging out at the 7/11 and making it feel unsafe, crowing about how her granhubby looks white, microaggressions against Jennie,  I'm sorry, but Mary has issues of her own.  She is using Jennie's situation as an excuse.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
On 9/26/2023 at 8:47 PM, Emmeline said:

I hesitate to say pathetic, because there are things I should know how to do at my age that I don't. I agree that is an awful lot of money to spend on glam when you are not obscenely rich. 

9 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Mary’s look of pure joy after receiving her McD’s was the happiest, most authentic look I’ve seen on ANY of the Housewives shows ever.  My heart melted and I kinda loved her in that moment. 

Lisa Barlow has been looking pretty rough and haggard in some of her close ups in less flattering light. I think she knows the age train has hit her and that was the reason for the glam squad meltdown. 

Lisa is a beautiful woman, and I don't blame her if she feels pressure to look flawless. Women are judged so harshly on appearance, and we're also expected to be natural, low maintenance beauties forever. It's not fair. 

On 9/27/2023 at 8:13 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Bullet points .. if you dont want to do group activities then dont be on the show 

the new girl needs to pick a struggle 

The whole premise of these shows is wealthy woman and their families behind exclusive gated communities bitching because one actually talks about her wealth is fucking stupid 

So true. If all I wanted were catfights, there are a bunch of other reality shows out there. I enjoy the lifestyle porn of the glamorous women.

On 9/27/2023 at 1:59 PM, MaggieG said:

So Monica was saying she was Jenn's assistant but she didn't get paid? And all the women did favors for Jenn? I'm going to need more details. I also can't sympathize too much with her divorce when she had an 18 month affair.

Yeah, I don't want to judge someone by their worst moment, but she didn't even seem remorseful. I get the impression from Monica that she wants to use her divorce and more humble lifestyle for sympathy and relatability. The problem is she doesn't seem like a sweet girl tying to fit in with these rich ladies. I can't relate to Lisa Barlow's lifestyle, but I relate to Monica even less. Brandi Glanville played the poor single mom card, and she was the worst.

• Like 7
On 9/27/2023 at 3:44 PM, bichonblitz said:

Mary with her McDonalds. I love a good filet-o-fish, too!  What I don't love is her blatant disdain for everyone in this cast. Time to say bye bye to Mary. 

I heard somewhere ( I think from Whitney on WWHL) that the reason Meredith moves so much and rents in SLC instead of buying is because she's only there for filming and really lives in NYC! Makes sense to me. It also explains why Meredith is good friends with Erin of RHONY. 

She spends time in NYC where she most probably rents, or AirBnBs (if this can become a verb), in Utah, and she travels a lot according to her IG. I don't think I saw an interior of a house/condo/townhouse in NYC on her IG, and I looked from February on.

16 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

This love for rather basic fast or restaurant food might be a Housewives thing.  I remember one of the other casts--maybe OC or Beverly Hills?--making a huge deal of eating chicken parmesan like it was some exotic dish.  

It was the Beverly Hills HWs.

• Like 1