Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Don't Be a Drag

• Start Topic

On 9/27/2023 at 8:58 PM, Emmeline said:

Tinsley’s family had money and then she married Topper Mortimer who is old family money.  You can’t even find out what his net worth is, but he’s very wealthy.  When they divorce I’m sure she got a very good settlement.

The websites which claim how much celebrities are worth are most of the times (very) wrong. I don't doubt Topper had a prenup. As for family money, her parents are still alive (so it's not her money yet), and I read that her father was wasting the family money to the point her mother who was divorced from him had to interfere. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/27/2023 at 12:23 PM, LakeGal said:

How much food did Mary get from McD's?  She got a big shopping bag of it.  

I just assumed the bag was for all the production crew too since Mary made them drive all the way there. All that eye rolling they must do burns calories.

Edited by eelpout
  • LOL 3
On 9/28/2023 at 10:34 PM, ZettaK said:

The websites which claim how much celebrities are worth are most of the times (very) wrong. I don't doubt Topper had a prenup. As for family money, her parents are still alive (so it's not her money yet), and I read that her father was wasting the family money to the point her mother who was divorced from him had to interfere. 

Tinsley’s father passed away several years ago

On 9/28/2023 at 11:04 AM, Juneau Gal said:

Mary’s look of pure joy after receiving her McD’s was the happiest, most authentic look I’ve seen on ANY of the Housewives shows ever.  My heart melted and I kinda loved her in that moment. 

Lisa Barlow has been looking pretty rough and haggard in some of her close ups in less flattering light. I think she knows the age train has hit her and that was the reason for the glam squad meltdown. 

Me getting a donut.  Seriously, watching that, I wanted a Big Mac and some fries.

Whenever someone brags about their wealth they are fronting.  Looking at you Lisa.  I loathe Mary but I would rather listen to her bon mats than anything out of Meredith's weird mouth.  I know she is extra and I will probably hate her later, but I am enjoying Monica.

On 9/28/2023 at 5:44 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Monica is just pure trash... good for housewives, but certainly someone I wouldn't be friends in real life with.  I certainly wouldn't trust her with anyone married or my significant other.  

Lisa is all about Lisa.. and tonight I was understood what Monica was saying and agreed with Monica.. though I do think Monica is projecting her insecurities onto Lisa.  Actually.. she and Lisa are more alike then either would like to admit.

Whitney... you may have gotten some coaching from Candiace.. but you're still in the reading people for beginners class.

Angie K... makes me wonder why Angie H isn't there instead LOL

Heather has the best talking heads especially during the team building scenes at the park LOL

Has she sued anyone for that tragic plastic surgery?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Didn't Mary have an issue with Lisa feeding her kids fast food, saying there were no nutrients in that food, it's so bad for you, etc...Mary certainly seems to enjoy McD's, did she order a fish sandwich, fries AND chicken nuggets? 

Didn't they eat at the hotel before going to the bar?

Why would production reward Mary's behavior of not participating in even the most basic activity of going to a bar?

First Mary sat in her closet for filming, wouldn't go to events and if she did she was only there for a few minutes then bounced out and now she won't get out of the van...she brings no value to the cast.

Monica being upset because someone else is wealthy and talking about their wealth is stupid, she has to realize there will always be someone with more money than her, that's life. Monica needs to get over the fact she was cast on a show that wants to show us how the wealthy lives.  Does Monica have 100% custody of her kids and if so why isn't her husband paying child support? Why would she put herself in further in arrears by buying a designer bag she can't afford? She might be stupid.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Didn't Mary have an issue with Lisa feeding her kids fast food, saying there were no nutrients in that food, it's so bad for you, etc...Mary certainly seems to enjoy McD's, did she order a fish sandwich, fries AND chicken nuggets? 

Why would production reward Mary's behavior of not participating in even the most basic activity of going to a bar?

First Mary sat in her closet for filming, wouldn't go to events and if she did she was only there for a few minutes then bounced out and now she won't get out of the van...she brings no value to the cast.

Monica being upset because someone else is wealthy and talking about their wealth is stupid, she has to realize there will always be someone with more money than her, that's life. Monica needs to get over the fact she was cast on a show that wants to show us how the wealthy lives.  Does Monica have 100% custody of her kids and if so why isn't her husband paying child support? Why would she put herself in further in arrears by buying a designer bag she can't afford? She might be stupid.

Monica is a single parent because she f’d her BIL for 18 months. Choices have consequences and that’s not Lisa’s problem 

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mary, Mary, quite contrary.  Everything about Mary is a contradiction.  Especially that she is in charge of a church-- shouldn't she espouse characteristics of generosity, acceptance, love, etc??  I wonder if she is back on the payroll just in case she gets into legal hot water with  grifting her parishioners.  Bravo loves a housewife scandal!

I'm reserving judgement on Monica for now.  I loved how she called Lisa out on her materialistic, shallow ways.  I mean, Lisa had a full on tantrum because she wasn't going to be able to use her $2500 (plus airfare) glam expert for one event.  Then she went on to brag that she spends $60,000 a year on glam.  She has "glam in Monaco, glam in Saint-Tropez," glam when going to the supermarket (shouldn't that be the fast food joint down the street).  Just wow.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Monica is a single parent because she f’d her BIL for 18 months. Choices have consequences and that’s not Lisa’s problem 

I agree that Monica’s past actions should have consequences and that as a result she shouldn’t be entitled to alimony but wouldn’t the children still be eligible for child support? Or is there an agreement about custody that would cover that?

On 9/27/2023 at 10:36 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Who knew that all it would take to get genuine joy out of her was a trip to MickyDs!

Seems like pure bliss to Mary would be a MickyDs in her closet/house with her husband being in Florida/Vegas/elsewhere.

Then she might have enough curiosity to figure out if her son is married.

She is nuts and offensive but I agree with others, I would have preferred being on that Sprinter van to McDonalds with Mary they with those other people. Mary would have pretended I wasn’t there at all..

Notwithstanding I want a Big Mac meal….

• LOL 4

I have glam for Monaco and St. Tropez...City drops 2 of the most famous playgrounds for the wealthy like a true status seeker (over the age of 50).

Merideth can't deal with it right now. Between the rising of the sun and the chirping birds, she's too distraught to be called out.

I'm over jelly girls rant. Lisa is an annoying bragger, but being poorish doesn't make you less shallow or a better person. She'd jump at a 60k ring and show it off to all (who wouldn't?)

Mary's contract must say she has to attend events (rather than participate), thus all those hours in the van. If she wasn't there when they came put of the club, would anyone even notice? 

• Like 7
On 9/27/2023 at 2:59 PM, MaggieG said:

So Monica was saying she was Jenn's assistant but she didn't get paid? And all the women did favors for Jenn? I'm going to need more details. 

On 9/27/2023 at 5:24 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Was she assistant #247?

Monica may not have been paid, but did she get college credits like Sonja Morgan's assistants/interns??  (Sonja's assistants/interns were all supposedly unpaid, but receiving college credits for the honor of working in Sonja's basement)

I think there is more to this story, and I want to know!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
18 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Monica may not have been paid, but did she get college credits like Sonja Morgan's assistants/interns??  (Sonja's assistants/interns were all supposedly unpaid, but receiving college credits for the honor of working in Sonja's basement)

I think there is more to this story, and I want to know!!  

At least Sonja taught her interns useful life skills like how to draw a bath or sharpie a designer bag.

The only college credit earned working for Jen is the kind that will get you into the same "college" as the Guidices.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
On 10/2/2023 at 3:59 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Do we think anyone in Monaco really cares if Lisa (or was it Meredith?), is wearing makeup or not?  What a waste of money.

And seriously how often is she in Monaco?  Is she there once a month, or did she once vacation there?

It is sad that a 50yr old woman needs to drop amounts and locations into conversations to be sure everyone knows how much she has.

• Like 6
On 9/27/2023 at 9:36 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Finding the McFish at the bottom of that bag was the most excited/the happiest I think we've ever seen Mary. Evah!

Mary with her McFish, fries, and McNuggets:

excited-shaquille-o-neal-3isxv4tbjeeb3fe

Who knew that all it would take to get genuine joy out of her was a trip to MickyDs!

It was nice to see her actually eat something. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Just getting caught up, so sharing some general thoughts on the season so far, and then about this episode. I lurk a lot, on many forums of this site, occasionally posting.  But I always enjoy posting most with you all, on the HWs forums when a new season is upon us! 🥰

I am glad Mary Cosby is back. I am not an ally of hers, by any means! I enjoy her BECAUSE she’s a crazy, cult-leading, grandpa-fucking weirdo, not in spite of it!  

I really cannot stand Meredith “don’t insult my bathtub” Marks.  Her voice grates, and the fact that her face doesn't move when she talks adds to it!

Lisa Barlow has grown/is growing on me! She was my least favorite in the beginning! This has happened to me with other HWs from other franchises though, where I hated them one season, and then grew to like them the next, or vice versa. Meredith I never liked, but I didn’t like Lisa more. Now I can’t stand Meredith at all, and don’t mind Lisa 

I don’t think Heather looks bad in the TH wearing the Gucci zip-front tube top. However, her new face has its problems. In fact, I agree with the rest of you that have been commenting their faces look different in every scene and TH! It’s creepy and disconcerting!  And Monica is giving me Jennifer Aden(sp?) vibes. Hope she doesn’t go to Whoville for a nose job after seeing herself on TV, though. 

I don’t mind Whitney. I wish she wouldn’t talk through her nose all the time, but I like that she is willing to stir shit when needed, in an entertaining way (for me).

This episode, I don’t get why Lisa couldn’t just have her glam person do her foundation and concealer if she is uncomfortable on camera without makeup, then the drag makeup artist could add to it. I’m not a dog without makeup, but I have adult acne and acne scars that I prefer to conceal majority of the time, to the point that I don’t typically leave the house without a touch of concealer.  (I don't go with the full face of it that I have in my profile picture , or anything like that😉) Or if it’s a quick Dunkin drive-through run on the weekend, I’ll go with no makeup and big sunglasses, but usually it’s a No for me going out without some makeup--due to my own insecurities--and I’m not on TV.  So I get it.  But she could have just had her glam person do a quick natural makeup before she left her room, and not be dramatic about it!  I think being made into a drag queen by a famous drag queen would be a blast! Lighten up Lisa.  

Meredith looks more like a drag queen in her THs, or on a casual walk with Lisa, a few episodes ago, than she did in her drag outfit this episode!!  Mary didn’t put much drag effort either, but it’s Mary. She hasn’t put effort into anything so far, she’s just there for comic relief I think, and I’m fine with that. 

I was happy Monica won the Trixie award because of her commitment to the role! I was recently a part of a murder mystery party, where the game was set in Italy.  I took inspiration for my character “Angel” (she was the daughter of the murdered Italian patriarch) from Teresa Guidice/The Nanny/one of Joey Tribiani’s sisters. 😂 We’re talking leopard top buttoned down to exposed red bra, leather skirt, fishnets, giant gold hoop earrings that said “Baby Girl”. I was committed to the role—talking like Teresa/The Nanny and everyone loved it. Monica deserved it! She had a fun look and a got into the role.

On to the next episode!

Edited by Miss Bones
punctuation
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
53 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

Mary didn’t put much drag effort either, but it’s Mary. She hasn’t put effort into anything so far, she’s just there for comic relief I think, and I’m fine with that. 

She puts a ratty, dirty wig on her head and some too big borrowed designer clothes and hits the road...no effort at all.

54 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

I took inspiration for my character “Angel” (she was the daughter of the murdered Italian patriarch) from Teresa Guidice/The Nanny/one of Joey Tribiani’s sisters. 😂 We’re talking leopard top buttoned down to exposed red bra, leather skirt, fishnets, giant gold hoop earrings that said “Baby Girl”. I was committed to the role—talking like Teresa/The Nanny and everyone loved it. Monica deserved it! She had a fun look and a got into the role.

Something tells me you love a theme party, The Nanny is great inspiration coupled with Teresa...I hope your friends appreciated your efforts!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She puts a ratty, dirty wig on her head and some too big borrowed designer clothes and hits the road...no effort at all.

I once saw someone compare Mary to this, and now I can't not see it when Mary is on my screen and "dressed up". 

ET.jpg

3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Something tells me you love a theme party, The Nanny is great inspiration coupled with Teresa...I hope your friends appreciated your efforts!

Yes, I do love a good costume party!  Yes, they appreciated it-- I won a prize for Best Acting, thank you very much! 

• Fire 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2023 at 8:33 AM, Vanderboom said:

Mary's bitter non-participation is probably because her church closed down.  Her disdain for the others is funny, but she needs to do more to earn her participation trophy.

Interesting!  I'm glad for her parishioners' sake that it's closed, but that blows my theory that Bravo took her back hoping to get footage of her arrest for swindling that church! 😂

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:
9 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

Mary didn’t put much drag effort either, but it’s Mary. She hasn’t put effort into anything so far, she’s just there for comic relief I think, and I’m fine with that. 

So basically for the scene she just hit the road straight from her closet/house.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 3

Monica posted this old photo of Angie on IG after Lisa said that she couldn't recognize Monica because she used to be blonde, and pale (she has a dark spray tan, and dyed her hair black recently). She mentioned that Angie dyed her hair black relatively recently. Angie's long, flat, dark hair is not flattering at all. 

Screenshot_20230908_193543_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK