Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, endure said:

Very creepy, looks like she started with him at age 12?  Her and Kathy were the only two women who really bothered me on the show.  She seemed to give a very strange look when Joan? went up on stage tonight.

yeah, i find her to be the only one of the women i would be disinclined to be friends with.  seems fake and sneaky.

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

It was uncomfortable watching Faith sobbing.  She seems so wounded.  And the dress - she looked desperate.  And - she actually said at one point she didn't want to leave the area where her horse is buried.  Really? It's a HORSE.  

Granted, it could have been for other reasons offscreen, but based on what we were shown, I do think “My horse is buried here!” is what buried Faith’s chances. What about where Gerry’s wife is buried?!? I think last night Faith was trying to backtrack and say I would have moved for you, but that’s not what we saw in hometowns. I think there could be a lot of reasonable arguments for living in one place or the other that maybe could have landed in her favor in the long run. But by specifically invoking the point of my dead, buried horse immediately brings to mind the counterpoint of his dead, buried wife of 50 years. I’m certain that wasn’t her intention, but if that’s the first thing that comes to my mind as a viewer, I’m sure it came to Gerry’s mind. I think there’s just no coming back from the implication that my pet matters more than your spouse.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 6

All this talk about Faith's horse, but Teresa's daughter said she comes over every day. She sees her family every single day. She may come across as needy, but I'm not sure she'd move away from her family. I don't recall if Gerry's family lives nearby to his place, but I don't think any woman should be expected to relocate to the lake home he and his wife chose together.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Jillybean said:

All this talk about Faith's horse, but Teresa's daughter said she comes over every day. She sees her family every single day. She may come across as needy, but I'm not sure she'd move away from her family. I don't recall if Gerry's family lives nearby to his place, but I don't think any woman should be expected to relocate to the lake home he and his wife chose together.

yeah, that would be a deal breaker for me if i was expected to move into his dead wife's dream home.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
30 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Joan seemed very matter of fact, said that now she was looking forward to getting out there and meeting someone. Maybe she truly didn't really feel "it" for Gerry.

I agree.  Joan is 12 years younger and several points better looking than Gerry and last night she was very clearly advertising with her remark than she was not only ready for a love interest she was actively hunting.  She'll get the calls she's hoping for, as will most of the others.  I think they all were sending that message, to some extent.  Nobody said they had learned to be happy single or anything close to that.

I'm still worrying about the grandchildren.  How do you explain that the man they met decided he didn't like grandma?  Their grandma!  The greatest woman on earth next to Mommy!  

I think they should be told that Grandma turned him down because she didn't want to move far away from them. That, they would understand. 

• Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I don't know why I am surprised by the women who say they'd marry Gerry in a heartbeat.   Ladies, you've only known this man for one month.  You don't know him in real life.  Sure, what great fun riding on roller coasters at amusement parks, sharing romantic dinners, fun group dates and the hilarity that ensues.  

Real life issues such as who is going to relocate to be with the other.  Once all the smiles and the "honeymoon" phase is over, we'll see if the fairy tale continues.  

• Like 12
  • Love 2

Oh Faith, girl, just no. I haven’t sobbed like that since my boyfriend dumped me when I was 22. She knew this guy for all of 4 weeks,  I was embarrassed for her and to me, it spoke of maybe some other deeper problems with her. I would have looked him in the eye and told him to shove his “I loved you at the time” word vomit bullshit.

I started out liking Gerry, but now I think he’s a creep.

I think he’s going to sleep with Leslie and pick Teresa, and then I think that will last until the PR tour is over cuz ain’t no way Teresa “I’m over at my daughters every single day” self is going to actually move away from them. It might be why he picks her, he knows it won’t work out. Then Mr. “Well look a at all of them, why wouldn’t I make out with them all” Gerry can just continue whoring his way around Indiana. 

Edited by sadie
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Laurie4H said:

Am I cynical or my friends to gullible?  We had a group text going back and forth and they texted how they were crying. They love Joan, they love Faith.  Gerry is just a kind man.  And I was cringing and laughing the whole time.  I was actually getting angry at my friends for how serious they take this.  Who know what is true and what is staged?  How do you fall in love on TV after one date?

I feel that way too.    How can anyone take this too seriously ?   It's not impossible to find someone but I think most people go on this to have a good time.     I know there are exceptions but especially with this group of Goldens,  I think they thought it would be fun.  Why not?   

I would think taking a step back, maybe after they watch the show, they will see that they were being a bit ridiculous.   

I liked Faith just fine, till she and her boobs were sobbing in Gerry's arms.   

If  they pick  a Golden Bachelorette,   I hope it is not Faith, Leslie, Theresa , or April.   I would probably watch if it was any of the other ones.   

• Like 6
1 hour ago, adhoc said:

… I got the impression that it was not just to look great, of course, but also to remind the bachelor what he gave up. Considering they were dumped, and sometimes still hurt or stinging from the rejection, I thought some of those F2s were giving  "you could have had this" vibes.

That's what I thought about Faith when I saw her outfit. I could be wrong of course.

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I was surprised by Faith's emotional breakdown as there is a gap between her being eliminated and the filming of the Tell All.

This is going to sound unkind and I don’t mean it that way … but I felt like the revealing dress and the OTT emotion were to kind of serve as Faith’s “audition” to be the Golden Bachelorette (if there is one). The producers want drama and she showed she can bring it. (I’ve done community theater for 30 years and I can’t cry  on cue that well!) I like Faith and really thought she might be F1, and if it’s not going to be Susan for bachelorette, Faith would be my 2nd choice. 

Edited by Irish Mermaid
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I don't know why I am surprised by the women who say they'd marry Gerry in a heartbeat.   Ladies, you've only known this man for one month.  You don't know him in real life.  Sure, what great fun riding on roller coasters at amusement parks, sharing romantic dinners, fun group dates and the hilarity that ensues.  

Real life issues such as who is going to relocate to be with the other.  Once all the smiles and the "honeymoon" phase is over, we'll see if the fairy tale continues.  

Speaking from my real life scenario, it does happen because well, it happened to me. All the things you mentioned minus the being on TV with 24 other women. I left a beautiful high rise apartment with Target at my front door to live in a town full of powerplants where people lean politically the opposite of me and are very LOUD about it.  It did help that my then boyfriend wasn't dating 24 other woman but still. I'm not as old as these ladies but I do get discounts at Denny's. For me, I found that once I got a certain age the things I thought I would never do I have been never nevering like I never nevered.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

You can develop feeling in a month in a normal situation if you are spending a lot of time alone with the person.  But these situations most only get one date and a few group dates where they hardly get one one time with him.  

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Some of them have the numb upper lip Botox thing going on

Joan's entire face is frozen except her lower lip and eyelids.  I've been restoring some vintage Barbies for my granddaughter and felt like I was looking at one when she spoke.  I just don't get all the fuss over her and I certainly wouldn't watch a Golden Bachelorette trying to look like one of the hundreds of already manufactured 20-somethings we've seen over the years.  Her date with Gerry was just on par with many others and her personality pales next to most of the women on that stage last night.   We've also had way too many lead picks based on sob stories like Joan having to leave for her daughter.  At this stage of the game, every woman has an abundance of drama and trauma in their history.  

I want to see someone real, with vitality and life experience written all over her well maintained but genuine beautiful face.  And someone with resilience and humor.  Nancy, Natascha, Susan and Sandra get my vote.   

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Like 16
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I feel that if Joan had been able to stay, maybe she would have been chosen at the end.  Maybe I am a horrible person, but I still feel there is more to the story than her leaving because her daughter needed her. Is the daughter a single parent, no husband/partner?  This would not have lasted forever, I don't know how long they were away from home total. Joan seemed very matter of fact, said that now she was looking forward to getting out there and meeting someone. Maybe she truly didn't really feel "it" for Gerry.

It was uncomfortable watching Faith sobbing.  She seems so wounded.  And the dress - she looked desperate.  And - she actually said at one point she didn't want to leave the area where her horse is buried.  Really? It's a HORSE.  

Well then now she will be able to stay with her dead horse!  See it all worked out for Faith in the end!

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

Also they talk about women over 60 being invisible.  I think more so 45 to 55 are the most invisible.  We have shows for 20 and 30 something.  Shows for the golden age.  I’m 49.  What about the Gen X generation?  

I found Joan's comment interesting. Wasn't quite sure what she meant by invisible though. One thing that hit a resonant chord with me is the fact that when I entered my 60's, I definitely found that certain people were not taking me as seriously. Younger sales clerks and medical staff etc. The best descriptor would be "dismissive." I'm certainly not painting them all with a broad brush, but a small percentage certainly did.  When did I become "that old guy"  not to be taken seriously? LOL.

I predict that Gerry will not "knock boots" with either of the women during fantasy suite time. This will ensure that he doesn't disrespect the woman that he does not choose, as well as the one he does.  I also think he will pick Theresa as his #1, but not for the usual reasons. I don't think he's looking for marriage but a relationship companion. He "loves" Theresa IMO for two reasons. One, he loved her consideration and laying on of her hands while all nervous about driving. My wife does this to me and it's amazingly therapeutic in a very basic human way. Two, he loves petite women.  Why? Just a guess really but I keep thinking that whenever I see him look at her.  Kathy even said something like "you could put five of her shirts in a small bag"   😀

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4

Not sure how this season is any different than what happens on every single season of this show. Except everyone has an AARP card.

Women fall in love immediately - check

Man makes it clear from jump who he is interested in - check

Everyone feels special and is convinced they will get the first impression rose - check

The person with the FIR barely spends any time with the bachelor for the first few weeks and is now starting to feel forgotten - check

One person picks a target and tries their best to get that person eliminated and usually that target stays until the end and sometimes "win" - check

The one lady with absolutely no chance gets the best date possible then the next week is eliminated - check

The women he actually likes get the first few dates then get ghosted because they try to throw us off of the scent - check

Can I walk you out - check

I love you - check

Says something during hometown date that convinces everyone this is "real" - check

Dumps someone who never saw it coming - check

The only thing missing is the vile, loud shouting match at the ATFR show and instead of women getting to beat him like a piñata and cry about how he "lied" to them, these ladies kept it classy even though they were hurt. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

I really have doubts about a 'Golden Bachelorette' as in my experience any man over 60 who wants to be married has a lot of options.  There is a reason that people joke about single men in retirement homes and communities aren't single for long if they don't want to be.  I think it would be harder to find 20-25 men who would want to be on the show than it was to find available women.  However, if there is such a show, I would really like Susan to be the Bachelorette as she has personality and is a hoot!

• Like 12
15 hours ago, adhoc said:

I was cringing at Faith's sobbing, sorry.  

I FF through it and couldn't believe how long it lasted.

I noticed 2 women at the WTA, sitting on either side of the Indian woman.  One in a black dress, one wearing lavender.  I have no memory of them from the show, nor did they get any direct camera views or opportunities to speak.  I'm sure it would be devastating enough to be eliminated early, but I'd be pissed it I bought another dress, had another set of hair extensions/botox injections and the show couldn't even be bothered to give me a 5-second clip.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Not speaking on anyone or any platform in particular but as a woman of a certain age reading some of the comments on their faces etc. YIKES. I can certainly relate to being older and single and thinking your odds get slimmer and slimmer every passing year. Then you come on television hoping for your fairytale and not only do you not get it but you get to read all the things wrong with you and a magnifying glass on your imperfections. I know that is what they signed up for, I get it but DAMN. My skin is not thick enough.

Fun fact - many many moons ago, I made it to the call back for Flavor Of Love Season 2 😂😂 and my daughter was thisclose to being on The Real World (back when it was relevant and popular.) I made the decision for both of us that it was not a good idea because even back then before social media, the internet had no filter and I knew how sensitive we both were. Best decision ever.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
On 11/4/2023 at 8:51 AM, Starlight925 said:

I said this when the season first started, about the fact that someone would have to move, either to Indiana, or from Indiana.

In the regular seasons, people in their 20's will move anywhere for a job, for love, or just for fun.

But at this stage in life, with family and friends and societal (and horse lol) connections, moving is a whole other story.

I have a friend, almost 70, doing the long-distance thing with her "love of her life".  I get tired just listening to her stories of airports, delayed planes, and lugging her life along in a bag like a 20-something.  

Gerry wants someone to play Pickleball with, not someone to go horseriding for.  He wants someone to come to him, to do for him, to make him feel good.  So for that reason, as hard as it is to look at Teresa's pulled, overly shiny face, she's his choice.

I agree, and Teresa has 1 daughter that she's very close too. The home meeting was at her daughter's home, her grandsons were there of course and her 2 sisters came over. She seems very close to her family. Would she  pick up and move to Indiana...I don't think Gerry plans on moving from his family (I just think that) but would Gerry want to move Teresa (if he picks her) into his and his late wife's dream home. 

PS: I don't think the grandkids should have met him on all the home visits, too young. 

This is just my POV😂

Edited by Kelsey
  • Like 13
54 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Not speaking on anyone or any platform in particular but as a woman of a certain age reading some of the comments on their faces etc. YIKES. I can certainly relate to being older and single and thinking your odds get slimmer and slimmer every passing year. Then you come on television hoping for your fairytale and not only do you not get it but you get to read all the things wrong with you and a magnifying glass on your imperfections. I know that is what they signed up for, I get it but DAMN. My skin is not thick enough.

Fun fact - many many moons ago, I made it to the call back for Flavor Of Love Season 2 😂😂 and my daughter was thisclose to being on The Real World (back when it was relevant and popular.) I made the decision for both of us that it was not a good idea because even back then before social media, the internet had no filter and I knew how sensitive we both were. Best decision ever.

I need every detail on the Flavor of Love audition!! Season 2?!? So you know what you were getting yourself into and still said, yep, I’ll fit right in with this group! And moreover, Flava Flav is someone I would like to kiss on television.

Calm Down Tiffany Pollard GIF

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 8
32 minutes ago, Boofish said:

It's about time we women take a stand against what society expects of us to maintain a certain level of beauty/youth.  If extreme cosmetic procedures are constantly paraded as normal, that will make us feel even more invisible.  And do we want our daughters and granddaughters to have to live with the same unrealistic "beauty" expectations that are getting worse all the time?  If someone wants to do that to themselves, fine, but it's just my opinion that it's very unhealthy and I don't want to watch it.  And it sure doesn't take a magnifying glass to spot.  Nor is it fooling anyone.  Golden is golden, even with Botox and hair extensions.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

It's about time we women take a stand against what society expects of us to maintain a certain level of beauty/youth.  If extreme cosmetic procedures are constantly paraded as normal, that will make us feel even more invisible.  And do we want our daughters and granddaughters to have to live with the same unrealistic "beauty" expectations that are getting worse all the time?  If someone wants to do that to themselves, fine, but it's just my opinion that it's very unhealthy and I don't want to watch it.  And it sure doesn't take a magnifying glass to spot.  Nor is it fooling anyone.  Golden is golden, even with Botox and hair extensions.

I was looking at Kathy last night and she looks like she's had some work done.🤷🏼‍♀️ Can you tell me if someone is going to have their hair long, why don't some of them brush it, especially the back. That drives me crazy.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I need every detail on the Flavor of Love audition!! Season 2?!? So you know what you were getting yourself into and still said, yep, I’ll fit right in with this group! And moreover, Flava Flav is someone I would like to kiss on television.

Calm Down Tiffany Pollard GIF

😂Now ma'am, please don't use your logic, reason and common sense LMAO. Takes all the fun out of my foolishness. I don't want to go into too many details since it's technically not about the show and I don't want to get kicked out. But I will send you a private message.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
2 minutes ago, Boofish said:

😂Now ma'am, please don't use your logic, reason and common sense LMAO. Takes all the fun out of my foolishness. I don't want to go into too many details since it's technically not about the show and I don't want to get kicked out. But I will send you a private message.

I want to know too!

• Like 4

I'm certainly not painting them all with a broad brush, but a small percentage certainly did.  When did I become "that old guy"  not to be taken seriously? LOL.

Part of the issue, IMHO, is that with the availability of specific social media sites, forums, and platforms, the "younger" folks regularly gather together--ever since lock-downs, when there was not much else to do, just hop online, voila!--and engage in "hive mind"-think, wherein everyone echos how the "boomers" are pathetic and laughable figures who are out of touch with modern times and who have caused all the problems in our country. 

They encourage each other to take "boomers" with a grain of salt at best.

Edited by adhoc
  • Like 5

Im bad with names- the woman who had ro leave early- all i could think of was how much her face has been polled, and I find it very unattractive and kind of scary looking, agree with the people that said, Faith purposely wore a very revealing dress and acted like she was devastated so she can be the bachelorette. I just don’t care for her and I guess we’re not seeing a lot with leslie as she seems so dull and grim. Theresa for the win. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

I also think he will pick Theresa as his #1, but not for the usual reasons. I don't think he's looking for marriage but a relationship companion. He "loves" Theresa IMO for two reasons. One, he loved her consideration and laying on of her hands while all nervous about driving. My wife does this to me and it's amazingly therapeutic in a very basic human way. Two, he loves petite women.  Why? Just a guess really but I keep thinking that whenever I see him look at her.  Kathy even said something like "you could put five of her shirts in a small bag."

I agree.  I think that "laying on of hands," weighs heavily in her favor. Gerry's mentioned it a few times.  To me that's a sad thing about this quick courtship. The other women may be just as comforting and affectionate, but they weren't there the one time he was truly frightened.

For what it's worth, I would never touch someone's arm while they were in a difficult driving situation.  I've had someone grab the steering while while I was at high speed and I would flinch if anyone's hand came near me at a time like that.

I also agree that her size is a big positive with him.  My husband is tall and he and I both thought it was odd that Gerry said when he hugged Theresa it felt like "the perfect fit."  What looked like a good fit to us was Gerry and tall Faith because he didn't have to collapse his chest and bend down to hug her.  But he may want a woman he can pick-up and carry. 

• Like 5

I would honestly be alright if someone just straight up told people that they let go, even the last few, that they just are more into someone else than them. All of these "at the time I head that, I did love you" sorts of "its not you, its me" sound even worse to me, its so much more manipulative. 

Faith and Gerry were both really laying the tears on thick. If Faith really was that upset she should have just let herself be upset instead of comforting Gerry, who really should have focused on Faith and not how bad he feels about having to dump her. 

I still think that Gerry is basically a good guy, but wow that line in the preview comparing having to pick one of the two women fighting for him on a stupid reality show to him losing his wife, come on man. Everyone on this show needs to chill out, you've known each other for a cumulative week or so of one on one time, and that's just the top three. I know that this is just the name of the game, but the amount of crying and carrying on about "dating" someone you hardly know is so over the top ridiculous.  

I think that bringing grandkids in was a bad idea, they're really too young to understand all of this. 

I really like how well the ladies all get along, not much in the way of mean girl antics or anyone trying to set themselves apart as the seasons over the top villain, they all seem to really be having fun together.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I was looking at Kathy last night and she looks like she's had some work done.🤷🏼‍♀️ Can you tell me if someone is going to have their hair long, why don't some of them brush it, especially the back. That drives me crazy.

Kathy looked stunning last night.  My impression was a professional makeup job, not work, as her face seemed to have some natural movement.  But it's hard to tell with only the quick glimpses we got of her.  Based on her appearance during the show, I have to say that I thought several times that she had some good bone structure going on.  Can't say I was a fan of her personality, though!  Theresa could use a filter but I got mean girl middle school vibes from Kathy.

I think the hair thing with all the women of the bachelor franchise is the tendency to pull all their hair to the front to make it look thicker.  I imagine that when it ends up back behind their head it could use a brushing!  And let's be honest, many of all ages could use a good haircut.

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

Joan's entire face is frozen except her lower lip and eyelids.  I've been restoring some vintage Barbies for my granddaughter and felt like I was looking at one when she spoke.  I just don't get all the fuss over her and I certainly wouldn't watch a Golden Bachelorette trying to look like one of the hundreds of already manufactured 20-somethings we've seen over the years.  Her date with Gerry was just on par with many others and her personality pales next to most of the women on that stage last night.   We've also had way too many lead picks based on sob stories like Joan having to leave for her daughter.  At this stage of the game, every woman has an abundance of drama and trauma in their history.  

I want to see someone real, with vitality and life experience written all over her well maintained but genuine beautiful face.  And someone with resilience and humor.  Nancy, Natascha, Susan and Sandra get my vote.   

So much word to this!! when Joan said she felt "invisible" till she met Gerry, I took that to mean that the former model was used to being the hottest woman in the room and couldn't handle the natural aging process which had rendered her just regular beautiful.  I think it was a very superficial remark and I'm sorry the others were echoing it.  

this observation comes to you courtesy of a 62 year old woman living in LA--so I know whereof I speak.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

I’m in my 60s so these ladies are my cohort. I thought overall they looked pretty good if a bit thin and pulled tight. Just had my 50th high school reunion….there were about 4 people who look like they did in high school, then all the rest of us who are either fat, bald or both. Everyone needs to decide how much work they want to put into looking young. Many of us now have other priorities. 

My best friend in childhood finally died from the anorexia which had haunted her life. I’m not willing to die for a size 2 dress.

• Hugs 6
  • Sad 9
36 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

Everyone needs to decide how much work they want to put into looking young. Many of us now have other priorities. 

My best friend in childhood finally died from the anorexia which had haunted her life. I’m not willing to die for a size 2 dress.

So absolutely true. I know women who have made keeping their high school weight their life's work and it always ends badly, if not in poor health then in the ultimate realization that thin doesn't equal young and no amount of exercise, diet or cosmetic surgery is going to make a 70 year-old look 40.

After a while we have to choose between looking old and looking weird and I picked old, because it's cheaper, less bother and not painful.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 11/3/2023 at 8:02 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Gerry loves two women now- Is this TLC's Sister Wives 😅?!  Why another cliff hanger?

...and WHYwon't we see another exciting ~ shocking ~ heartwearming ~ blahblahblah finale until November 30 ???  Milking these old people for all they've got.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Back Atcha said:

...and WHYwon't we see another exciting ~ shocking ~ heartwearming ~ blahblahblah finale until November 30 ???  Milking these old people for all they've got.

There is an episode on the 16th.  Then a break for US Thanksgiving.  Then the finale including After the Final Rose.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Susan is fun, Susan is lively, Susan is personable---but Susan is not going to be chosen to have 20 Silver Bachelors compete for her. 

Faith? As in "Must Love Horses" Faith? Nope again. 

If anyone from this season, it would be Gerry’s  F2, who now is looking more and more to be....Leslie! I'm still clinging to her as F1, though. That the scene with Faith would be more emotionally fraught if he led her on any further, as opposed to with Theresa ("He hasn't said 'I love you'.").

Susan is definitely not the type that will draw adoring suitors, so I don't see her getting tapped as Bachelorette (if there is one) but I'd watch the hell out of a reality show with her and a bunch of friends. She was clearly a blast to hang out with and seemed so empathetic to everyone as well. 

I also don't see Faith drawing a crowd. She's very reserved and that crying jag was tough to watch. 

I was thinking it would be Ellen, who got quite a lot of attention and such specific "we want you to find love" storyline. The other one would be Joan since her story was cut short.

I think he'l end up choosing Theresa purely because she's needy and it makes him feel big. Leslie is probably fun for him, but his preference seems to be someone who makes him the center of their world, and I don't see Leslie doing that.

The bloopers and the chatting among the ladies was the best part of the show overall, I could have watched multiple episodes just of that and been completely entertained.

• Like 11
11 hours ago, adhoc said:

On The Bachelor, I've noticed that the F2 usually comes onstage, at the finale, looking as "smoking" as possible.  Boobs out on prominent display, slit up the side of the dress, maybe 6-inch heels, etc.  And in a lot of those cases, I got the impression that it was not just to look great, of course, but also to remind the bachelor what he gave up. Considering they were dumped, and sometimes still hurt or stinging from the rejection, I thought some of those F2s were giving  "you could have had this" vibes.

That's what I thought about Faith when I saw her outfit. I could be wrong of course. (And then she ruined it by sobbing uncontrollably.)

That's a good one!  Faith didn't expose that much of her chest throughout the season.  Her nipples were almost exposed last night!!

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
41 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Susan is definitely not the type that will draw adoring suitors, so I don't see her getting tapped as Bachelorette (if there is one) but I'd watch the hell out of a reality show with her and a bunch of friends. She was clearly a blast to hang out with and seemed so empathetic to everyone as well. 

I also don't see Faith drawing a crowd. She's very reserved and that crying jag was tough to watch. 

I was thinking it would be Ellen, who got quite a lot of attention and such specific "we want you to find love" storyline. The other one would be Joan since her story was cut short.

I think he'l end up choosing Theresa purely because she's needy and it makes him feel big. Leslie is probably fun for him, but his preference seems to be someone who makes him the center of their world, and I don't see Leslie doing that.

The bloopers and the chatting among the ladies was the best part of the show overall, I could have watched multiple episodes just of that and been completely entertained.

I vote for Ellen. And give Susan something please. 

• Like 4

Ellen's segment and talking about Roberta (RIP) broke my heart. The show is likely going to pick Faith for Golden Bachelorette - if there is one - but I really hope it's Ellen. 

My second choice would be Susan because she's just so much fun. And, really, I want all of them to find love - and I want to see it! lol - so there isn't a bad choice in the bunch. 

But, yeah, it's Ellen and Susan for me. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

There is an episode on the 16th.  Then a break for US Thanksgiving.  Then the finale including After the Final Rose.  

Wait just a goldarned minute!  "A break for...Thanksgiving"?! That's the BEST night for this Finale! Nice and full of tryptophan, all cozy under a QVC blankie, Black Friday battle attacks completed, we want the ring! Show us the ring!

Harumph. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 19
14 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I feel that if Joan had been able to stay, maybe she would have been chosen at the end.  Maybe I am a horrible person, but I still feel there is more to the story than her leaving because her daughter needed her. Is the daughter a single parent, no husband/partner?  This would not have lasted forever, I don't know how long they were away from home total.

Postpartum depression is very serious -- sometimes it takes either the mom or the child -- so I don't blame her at all for flying home on the first plane.

9 hours ago, Boofish said:

Me too please!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
52 minutes ago, JH Lipton said:

Postpartum depression is very serious -- sometimes it takes either the mom or the child -- so I don't blame her at all for flying home on the first plane.

Me too please!

Ask and ye shall receive 

• Like 1
  • Love 4