Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

If Danielle was indeed responsible for Tamra's barefoot flight through the resort, I'm sadder about her exclusion from the reunion than her excision from the season. Shannon handled herself like a boss, for the most part managing to balance graciousness with firmness. And while I like the direction casting took with her, Lydia, and Heather in terms of legitimate affluence, I think I could countenance the addition of another woman as declasse as Tamra provided she wasn't afraid to light into Tams as an adversary. You know, someone without Lizzie or Shannon's restraint who would have retorted to Tamra's "David's a flirt" repetitions with, "Like you would know. Why would my husband want to flirt with you when you're so ugly Eddie has to resort to anal sex so he doesn't have to look at your face?" Because I thought the effort by Tamra and the Dubrows to paint David as some sort of sex fiend because of his interactions with Vicki was ludicrous. David might have stepped out on Shannon in the past or may secretly be doing so in the present, but I'm pretty sure he could swing a pretty slamming mistress, lookswise, if he was going to choose that route (I think he's attractive, though not dreamily so, but as far as multimillionaires go, he's damn fine from what I've seen on this franchise) .

I could not quite figure out if Terry is jealous of David because the other women found him attractive and therefor he must be after Heather with his boorish comment.  Or was Terry trying to paint David as some sort of sexual aggressor.  I find what David said at the Hoedown anything but flirtatious.  Was the an underlying scheme to further gaslight Shannon by repeatedly bringing up David was a flirt?  Given their public marital woes about the last thing she needed is to hear how "hot" her husband is or how he is a flirt.  Terry essentially telling Shannon she needed to be home working on her marital woes instead of going to the source of the rumor was just another put down.  (Apparently, Heather and Terry's carefully rehearsed lines are still spoken in spite of facts to the contrary.)  It makes me wonder if perhaps Heather Paige Kent's early acting achievements were the result of more casting couch than talent for Terry to be so envious of another man.  Her roles all seemed to dry up once she started producing Terry's brood.  One thing is for certain no one on the show has ever called Terry hot or desirable.  He seems so much more suites to the Miss Terry role.

I also find Terry's reference to David as a "construction guy" yet another put down.  David is a contractor and CEO, with a degree in engineering, of a multi-million dollar construction firm. In most circles he would be considered an executive. It is a little like calling Conrad Hilton an innkeeper, or Ray Kroc a fry cook.  Terry may find his equating his surgical expertise on par with a construction worker, or a butcher (yes he did say that on Brandi's Podcast), or someone who works with their hands, but he runs around in public and on camera with his "scrubs" that are personalized with his name and degrees emblazed on his chest.  I will say David had the class to rest on his laurels and let Terry's ever present diarrhea of the mouth take over while Terry continued to do his-"I meant no offense to construction workers" litany of how he is so close to the very field he insulted.  Reminded me of Brandi saying her comments to Joyce about being black could not possibly be offensive coming from her because she fucks black men. 

There was just something from the get go that Heather decided to dislike about Shannon.  She didn't like her holistic and green practices, (I am quite certain she dyes her hair-is that organic) her taste in home furnishing (very grandmother), her early disclosure of Shannon wanting her husband to be the one to ask her out of town (oversharing early in her acquaintanceship with Vicki).  Heather is now saying her anger was really directed at Tamra and Vicki because they befriended Shannon and ultimately after introducing Shannon to her friends Shannon elected to hang out with them. Heather leaves town and filming is suppose to shut down? 

I love your comment about Eddie not wanting to look at Tamra's face.

• Love 8

I actually believe Heather about feeling left out and isolated early in the season.

Tamra and Vicki were talking shit about Heather in those first few episodes. It seemed like both were trying to replace Heather with a new fancy pants and Shannon seemed to want to have fun with them. That back fired on Shannon, I think she was drinking more than usual while around Vicki and Tamra (trying to keep up with V&T).

I'm not excusing Heather's treatment of Shannon. She IMO took out her anger and insecurity on Shannon. And when she finally got her Tamra back she loved it. And enjoyed and joined Tamra calling Shannon a drunk and crazy.

Terry, well he is another story. I can't stand him. Of the 2 I think he is the bigger famewhore.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9

And who said, "I was too," or something to that effect.  Was it Heather?  The words were said but we didn't see a face.

I thought it was Vicki. It looked she raised her hand like "me too" and then the camera cut over when it was said so I assumed it was her.

• Love 2

Don't think this was discussed before, but what does everyone think of Donn -- actually taking (what sounded like) a big fat check from Vicks?  Did he deserve it or was he kind of a pig for taking money from a woman?  I always kinda liked Donn (well, maybe not so much when he was drunk), but I'm thinkin' he's pretty much of an oink, oink piggy pig. 

Donn supported Vicki and her kids while she was launching her insurance business. I think he is very much entitled to being compensated for that alone. But, when you factor in the constant berating he received at her hands on national television, and the fact that she used him and her filing of a divorce from him as a major part of her story line, I think he earned every penny.

• Love 18

Don't think this was discussed before, but what does everyone think of Donn -- actually taking (what sounded like) a big fat check from Vicks?

I feel good about it. Giddy, almost.  He EARNED that check, by golly! 

Now, of course his father could have been in plumbing / construction.

Hey now, it could have been Terry's single mother!  Construction worker by day .... plumber by night.  She was a hip, hip lady. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 8

I don't think for a minute that Shannon was unexpected in Heather's house. After all, the cameras have to be set up, lighting attended to, and so on.

Oh, and Miss Terry probably requires his time in makeup, too, to get ready for her closeup.

(Sorry nc, I just saw your post up above.)

Also, when I think of myself, I think of one name, just Jenny. I find it telling, and not much of a surprise, that Heather thinks of herself as "Heather Paige Kent." 

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 4

I actually believe Heather about feeling left out and isolated early in the season.

Tamra and Vicki were talking shit about Heather in those first few episodes. It seemed like both were trying to replace Heather with a new fancy pants and Shannon seemed to want to have fun with them. That back fired on Shannon, I think she was drinking more than usual while around Vicki and Tamra (trying to keep up with V&T).

I'm not excusing Heather's treatment of Shannon. She IMO took out her anger and insecurity on Shannon. And when she finally got her Tamra back she loved it. And enjoyed and joined Tamra calling Shannon a drunk and crazy.

Terry, well he is another story. I can't stand him. Of the 2 I think he is the bigger famewhore.

Heather was mad she wasn't invited to the USC/UCLA game with Shannon/Tamra and Heather McDonald.  Even though Heather Dubrow would have been returning from her trip to NY over Thanksgiving on the very day of the game.  Tamra compounded the problem by posting photos of three couples and introducing Shannon as the new OC HW.  Heather McDonald and Shannon are both USC alum.  I don't think Heather Dubrow appreciated being left out of the Thanksgiving gathering.  So I can see Heather Dubrow's anger towards Tamra because Tamra did upstage Heather D. with the premature announcement of Shannon as the new HW.  Picking fights with Shannon though I think was more or less for screen time for Heather Dubrow.  She realized early on that Shannon was going to be the focus and thought her popularity would outweigh any appeal Shannon might garner. 

When Shannon said, "Heather I apologized to you five times."  Heather said she didn't want the apologies she wanted to tell Shannon her side.  I thought it was telling that it wasn't so much about Heather being offended but Heather not being given additional time to further castigate Shannon for all the perceived slights she felt Shannon had dished out.  This whole theme runs rampant through the Dubrow explanation instead of apology tour on the Reunion.  Usually people don't admit to having such skewed perceptions of reality, but these two are using it as a defense to their bad deeds and words. I don't think I would have been able to keep a straight face while Heather told me how she saw things and why she was correct and I why I was totally wrong about everything.

• Love 12

I finally saw the episode and all I got out of it was that Tamra's perma-bitch face looks really painful.

THIS!!!  Yes, it looks painful as if it really hurts to try to move it.  I couldn't take my eyes off of her face.  Why can't some women see how bad they truly look when they go overboard with all the botox and whatever else they do?

• Love 3

I don't think for a minute that Shannon was unexpected in Heather's house. After all, the cameras have to be set up, lighting attended to, and so on.

Oh, and Miss Terry probably requires his time in makeup, too, to get ready for her closeup.

Well of course you are correct, but that is the narrative that we are supposed to believe happened.  That is the part they all played, so if there was deception, it was by all of them. Shannon certainly said nothing about them expecting her - she said she just popped over unannounced. The Dubrows played their part and acted surprised.  

• Love 2

I get annoyed with Andy when he fixates on stupid stuff like this (until they mentioned it, I had totally forgotten about it) instead of the more important issues on this show. I thought Vicki was going to answer "looks like you, Andy!".

I didn't even remember her "gay" comment during the season.  Guaranteed though that if Joe Guidice had said it, Andy would still be fixated on it.

• Love 5
There is something weird going on with Terry’s face, especially when he smiles (or smirks).  It looks like the end of his nose is growing and really hangs down (possible from puling the face up too high).  His nose more and more looks like a penis.  Now all he needs is  chin implant to give him a large crease and he can sport a genital face to go with his dickish personality.

OMG, the above is a perfect description of Terry's and ... wait for it ... Madame's face! Which is funny, because that is how some of us on this board have been describing Miss Terry's other half!

• Love 3

Regarding the history of Vicki and Donn and their current situation -- they did not meet at Home Depot. They actually met many years ago in Wisconsin. Vicki married Michael Wolfsmith (father of Michael and Brianna) in Wisconsin when she was very young -- like 20 years old. She went to work for a manufacturing company as a secretary where Donn was an executive.  She was 23 or 24 years old and worked as Donn's secretary and eventually had an affair with him while they were both married.  Donn was married too and they both left their respective spouses to be together.  Several years later, they moved to Southern California and that is when Donn went to work at Home Depot. By then Vicki was established in her insurance business.

Now, I've always liked Donn and thought he and Vicki were a good match. But a few years ago, while Donn and Vicki were still married. Radar Online reported that Donn used to visit a swinger's club (S&M was involved) and there were photos of him there.  And, while he was at Home Depot, one of his former female employees filed a sexual harassment suit against him.  Now, the suit could be complete bullshit as people file phony suits all the time just to make money.

I've always been a fan of Vicki -- despite her ups and downs, tendency to make racist/homophobic comments and all-around self-centered behavior.  But at the end of the day, she is always true to herself and never acts like a phony baloney for the TV cameras.  Another poster made a very astute comment stating that Vicki and Joe Guidice are the two most real and genuine people across the entire franchise and I totally agree with that.  Vicki is a typical "me first" Aries -- she's an attention hog who needs constant love and validation from others. She gets agitated if someone outshines her. But I gotta love her midwestern vibe (the only housewife you ever see in the kitchen actually making a meal from scratch) which makes her very down-to-earth and genuine. And girlfriend never changes her persona -- she's always crazy, high-strung, me-first, work-obsessed, hyper-controlling Vicki who always seems ready to screech "family van" at a moment's notice.  She's given me so many hilarious housewife moments so for me, she will always be the Original Gangster of the OC.

• Love 9

I don't get why Vicki  is so terrible for meaning that she didn't get a gay vibe, because we all know that is what she meant, but it's okay to say that Danielle's and Tamara's husbands give off a gay vibe. Also, I'm pretty sure Andy Cohen gets vibes from other men. How about if Andy gets a straight vibe about a man. It that heterophobic because he is gay?? Also, Does Vicki have to love the state of Oklahoma? I hate Nevada. It is dry and brushy and barren. So what? I don't hate Individual people, just the topography and weather and some of the culture. Some of you don't like Vicki's style, does that make you close minded?

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 10

I didn't even remember her "gay" comment during the season.  Guaranteed though that if Joe Guidice had said it, Andy would still be fixated on it.

What party or gathering were they at?  I totally missed that moment during the season.

• Love 1
I must admit that I don't think Heather kicked Shannon out of her house either.  Asking some to "please leave" is not the same as "get the fuck out of my house!"   Heather was agitated and Shannon was quivering for some sort of confrontation IMO.  I guess Heather could have gotten Shannon to leave by making up a phony errand that she needed to run immediately.

I don't think you have to use profanity to kick someone out. But she clearly did not ASK. Not in my opinion. She said, "We're done, please leave". That was a command, not a request. If she wanted to ask Shannon to leave, she could have said something like - "I really don't think we are getting anywhere right now and my kids are within earshot. Would you mind if we tabled this for now?"

And Donn's a FREE BITCH!

I wonder if Donn jumped off of his coffee table in glee when he got the check?

• Love 8

Heather was mad she wasn't invited to the USC/UCLA game with Shannon/Tamra and Heather McDonald.  Even though Heather Dubrow would have been returning from her trip to NY over Thanksgiving on the very day of the game.  Tamra compounded the problem by posting photos of three couples and introducing Shannon as the new OC HW.  Heather McDonald and Shannon are both USC alum.  I don't think Heather Dubrow appreciated being left out of the Thanksgiving gathering.  So I can see Heather Dubrow's anger towards Tamra because Tamra did upstage Heather D. with the premature announcement of Shannon as the new HW.  Picking fights with Shannon though I think was more or less for screen time for Heather Dubrow.  She realized early on that Shannon was going to be the focus and thought her popularity would outweigh any appeal Shannon might garner. 

I think you are correct about the USC game, as Heather mentioned it when she was with Shannon.  I think this just solidified what Heather already perceived as happening, however, and not the actual thing that caused the conflict.  Heather was already feeling left out with Tamra and Vicki, and they were already talking badly about her before this happened. Tamra had flipped Heather off and made the comment about her having a stick up her ass before the Thanksgiving Holiday.  She said from the very beginning that she felt like Vicki and Tamra were excluding her as they were getting closer to each other and she was right.

I think the whole deal this season was suppose to be about Tamra and Vicki going after Heather. I don't know if Heather was in the loop on this or not, but I think at some point they basically aborted their mission as Heather wasn't giving them anything to work with (at least not in regard to how she was treating them). Tamra talked about her horribly for the first several episodes, and then we had the whole dumb deal about Cut Fitness not being included in that morning show segment. I think Tamra was trying to make some type of conflict happen with Heather, but it just wasn't working because it wasn't believable. Vicki gave up a long time before that, basically writing Heather a love letter in one of her blogs apologizing for the way she had talked about her. 

And then in comes Shannon. I have always been convinced that Heather thought that Vicki and Tamra wouldn't like her. That they would mock her beliefs and her kookiness.  She forgot that the lure of an unhappy woman with an unfortunate marriage is like a mating call for these two.  She was already feeling vulnerable because they weren't treating her very well, and now they had a new friend and really didn't include her or seem to want her around. This is no excuse for how Heather sometimes treated Shannon, and I do think she could have been much more kind to her. She seemed to be looking for reasons to not like her.  She admitted to having her feelings hurt in more than one blog, so her revelation at the Reunion wasn't new. She also told Shannon the same thing when they met to try to seek resolution. She acknowledged at the reunion that her feelings of being left out were juvenile. It might not be nice, but I don't think she is being dishonest. She does need to work on giving an apology, as well as accepting one. 

Terry on the other hand.......that man has become a mess. 

• Love 9

What party or gathering were they at?  I totally missed that moment during the season.

It was the ugly sweater party. That is why she was confused. The guy had on an ugly sweater so she figured he was straight.

• Love 3
I've always been a fan of Vicki -- despite her ups and downs, tendency to make racist/homophobic comments and all-around self-centered behavior.  But at the end of the day, she is always true to herself and never acts like a phony baloney for the TV cameras.  Another poster made a very astute comment stating that Vicki and Joe Guidice are the two most real and genuine people across the entire franchise and I totally agree with that.  Vicki is a typical "me first" Aries -- she's an attention hog who needs constant love and validation from others. She gets agitated if someone outshines her. But I gotta love her midwestern vibe (the only housewife you ever see in the kitchen actually making a meal from scratch) which makes her very down-to-earth and genuine. And girlfriend never changes her persona -- she's always crazy, high-strung, me-first, work-obsessed, hyper-controlling Vicki who always seems ready to screech "family van" at a moment's notice.  She's given me so many hilarious housewife moments so for me, she will always be the Original Gangster of the OC.

I would agree with you, except that she does have a "tendency to make racist/homophobic comments." I, personally, just can't brush that under the carpet. Everyone has their "issues" that they dig in their heels about; bigotry happens to be mine. It's 2014 and that shit should not be tolerated anymore -- because isn't tolerating it kinda the same as supporting such behavior? I suppose most people would disagree, but I think it is. Honestly, it kinda makes me a little sad that Vickie is a fan favorite; sappy, but true.

I don't get why Vicki  is so terrible for meaning that she didn't get a gay vibe, because we all know that is what she meant, but it's okay to say that Danielle's and Tamara's husbands give off a gay vibe.

Over the years she's said a lot more telling things that the "gay vibe" thing at this reunion; Shit, in this season she basically was a bitch to Lizzie right off the bat because she thought she wasn't "white". She was TERRIBLE. Ignorant shit is flying out of Vickie's mouth all the time. She's just so sheltered and ignorant of anyone who is not almost exactly like her.

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 13

I would agree with you, except that she does have a "tendency to make racist/homophobic comments." I, personally, just can't brush that under the carpet. Everyone has their "issues" that they dig in their heels about; bigotry happens to be mine. It's 2014 and that shit should not be tolerated anymore -- because isn't tolerating it kinda the same as supporting such behavior? I suppose most people would disagree, but I think it is. Honestly, it kinda makes me a little sad that Vickie is a fan favorite; sappy, but true.

What has she said that is homophobic, meaning afraid of homosexuals?

• Love 3

When Shannon said, "Heather I apologized to you five times."  Heather said she didn't want the apologies she wanted to tell Shannon her side.  I thought it was telling that it wasn't so much about Heather being offended but Heather not being given additional time to further castigate Shannon for all the perceived slights she felt Shannon had dished out.  This whole theme runs rampant through the Dubrow explanation instead of apology tour on the Reunion.  Usually people don't admit to having such skewed perceptions of reality, but these two are using it as a defense to their bad deeds and words. I don't think I would have been able to keep a straight face while Heather told me how she saw things and why she was correct and I why I was totally wrong about everything.

That must have contributed to her holiday being "colored" as she professed on Lizzie's balcony about Shannon's visit to her home.

I think you're right.  She probably feared she might be iced out....kind of like they all (but Vicki) did to Alexis Bellino.

Heather, when everyone tells you you're dead, it's time to lay down...

• Love 7

I don't get why Vicki  is so terrible for meaning that she didn't get a gay vibe, because we all know that is what she meant, but it's okay to say that Danielle's and Tamara's husbands give off a gay vibe. Also, I'm pretty sure Andy Cohen gets vibes from other men. How about if Andy gets a straight vibe about a man. It that heterophobic because he is gay?? Also, Does Vicki have to love the state of Oklahoma? I hate Nevada. It is dry and brushy and barren. So what? I don't hate Individual people, just the topography and weather and some of the culture. Some of you don't like Vicki's style, does that make you close minded?

Andy had no problem with what Vicki said about Oklahoma because Oklahoma legislators and religious leaders have been quite adamant about the sinfulness of gay marriage … As for gay stereotypes, one just needs to go back to the famous Seinfeld episode with the "Not that there's anything wrong with that" comment. He opens the episode with a standup routine that includes the fact that because he's "thin, NEAT and single" everyone thinks he's gay …  As more and more people come out, stereotypes will change.  

• Love 6

It was the ugly sweater party. That is why she was confused. The guy had on an ugly sweater so she figured he was straight.

No, I think it was Shannon's Holiday Party. Vicki didn't attend the ugly sweater party. Vicki just assumed he was straight because just standing there minding his own business enjoying cocktails he apparently didn't look like what Vicki thinks a gay man would look like. Which she shared with him. Knowing Vicki she probably thinks gay folks only party together and couldn't figure out what he would be doing among all those straight folks.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

Over the years she's said a lot more telling things that the "gay vibe" thing at this reunion; Shit, in this season she basically was a bitch to Lizzie right off the bat because she thought she wasn't "white". She was TERRIBLE. Ignorant shit is flying out of Vickie's mouth all the time. She's just so sheltered and ignorant of anyone who is not almost exactly like her.

That is such a reach. She didn't like Lizzie because she wasn't white? HUH? She is white. I don't remember anything like that happening.

No, I think it was Shannon's Holiday Party. Vicki didn't attend the ugly sweater party.

Ok, but he did have on an ugly sweater though....lol.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

Anytime we make assumptions about people based on natural charachteristics (skin color, sexual orientation), it's marginalizing (setting said group apart as other / different / not normal). The way society works -- and has always worked -- is that marginalized groups are often discriminated against in various ways. As humans, we are (and have always been) afraid of that which we are not familar with. And in this day in age, we try to legislate our fear (i.e., not allowing homosexuals to marry because, OMG, it will RUIN the sanctatity of marriage!) That is fear. Sterotyping leads to marginalization, which leads to fear, which leads to actual, legistlative and cultural discrimination.

That is such a reach. She didn't like Lizzie because she wasn't white? HUH? She is white. I don't remember anything like that happening.

When Vickie first met Lizzie, she gave her the nastiest look and almost immediately started asking her "what are you?" in a very gross tone. Lizzie said she was Italian. Cut to a few days later, Vickie refers to Lizzie as "Mexican".  It's horrible because it's obvious that she sees all people, who are darker than a paper bag, as "Mexican" or "different".  To clarify, not that Mexican is bad -- it's ignorant Vickie's lumping everyone together that is bad. And yes, I do believe she didn't like her at first because she didn't "look like the rest of them." She was noticably taken aback by Lizzie's skin color -- it made a difference to old Vicks. Straight up.

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 6

I think people on here like to make hay and put thoughts in these characters words that aren't there. I don't believe for a minute that Vicki is afraid of gay people or their marriages. Do things come out of her mouth wrong.  All the time but, what she said to that man was not homophobic. It was stupid.

• Love 6

I think people on here like to make hay and put thoughts in these characters words that aren't there. I don't believe for a minute that Vicki is afraid of gay people or their marriages. Do things come out of her mouth wrong. All the time but, what she said to that man was not homophobic. It was stupid.

Vicki said "he didn't look gay". To me, that is the same as a person saying to a black person "you don't sound black" it is ignorant and bigoted.

Vicki said it, no one made it up. Vicki should know that not all gay men look or act alike because being human and all, we all are different from each other, even gay men. Shocking I know.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12

Vicki said "he didn't look gay". To me, that is the same as a person saying to a black person "you don't sound black" it is ignorant and bigoted.

Vicki said it, no one made it up. Vicki should know that not all gay men look or act alike because being human and all, we all are different from each other, even gay men. Shocking I know.

I think that ALL people make stereotypical judgments. Some just try and hide it, and maybe they should but, everyone's a hypocrite and a liar. Let's be honest and not so righteously indignant because we all know, those are the worst offenders.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5

I think that ALL people make stereotypical judgments. Some just try and hide it, and maybe they should but, everyone's a hypocrite and a liar. Let's be honest and not so righteously indignant because we all know, those are the worst offenders.

I think most people try to not to make stereotypical judgments. I should speak only for myself but it is something I try to not do.

I allow myself to get righteously indignant when I hear bigoted statements. I'm funny like that.

I know myself pretty well, and I can promise you, I am far from the worst offender.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

Donn supported Vicki and her kids while she was launching her insurance business.

Yeah, I can't fault Don for happily accepting the check when he was there from the beginning and helped provide for Brianna and Michael. If Vicki married Don, say 5 years ago, then I would feel she was well within her rights to fight giving him half.

• Love 3

Terry makes yet another stab at trying to explain his way out of the Reunion comments and I guess the finale comments:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/terry-dubrow-continues-defend-says-played/

Someone really needs to take the shovel out of this guy's hand.  It would help if Terry came out and said who "played him" and what exactly was said.  Vicki saying David flirted with her should not have caused his overreactions.  Terry needs to find a therapist and fast and work through his issues with others.

First looks are Friday night at 8:00 pm.

• Love 5

I think Donn earned very penny of that check too  And I say that as an ardent Vicki fan.  Vicki is NOT an easy person to live with or be around for an extended period of time.  Hence the great joy everyone felt when a football hit her head while she has cruising on Lake Havasu (also known as Lake Have A Screw). God I miss the old seasons of yesteryear!

• Love 4

I don't believe for a minute that Vicki is afraid of gay people or their marriages.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised that she is. Well as long as the gays stay in beauty salons or decorate her home. 

Yes, that's our old tolerant foot in mouth, Vickster: ".... chinka, chinka, China-man."

and

"....no scratchy the woody." 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 5

I must admit that I don't think Heather kicked Shannon out of her house either.  Asking some to "please leave" is not the same as "get the fuck out of my house!"   Heather was agitated and Shannon was quivering for some sort of confrontation IMO.  I guess Heather could have gotten Shannon to leave by making up a phony errand that she needed to run immediately.

Toukie!!  Hey the gang's all here.  Well, almost.   Okay, so I promise that I'm not trying to convince you, but about the bolded part, Terry was in the room just before Shannon and Heather start really talking.  He goes to fix her a drink.  When he comes back there's a little bit of small talk and then I don't remember if Shannon asks or he volunteers, but he makes it clear that they were about to get ready for some social thing they were on their way to that night.   Heather didn't need to make up an excuse, she had a perfectly legitimate reason provided by Terry and which Shannon had already heard him say, at her disposal.  I'd forgotten this but it was also mentioned upthread - when Heather subsequently relayed the story on camera, she herself used the words kicked her out.   Tomato, tomahto, I don't even think the action is as irritating as Heather's insistence about the semantics of it.   There's no substantive difference between the combination of (1) standing up (effectively ending the conversation); (2) pointing to the front door; and (3) "asking her to leave" - she's trying to hang her hat on the words being used as though they mitigate the spirit and intent of what she did.   No sale. 

I don't get why Vicki  is so terrible for meaning that she didn't get a gay vibe, because we all know that is what she meant, but it's okay to say that Danielle's and Tamara's husbands give off a gay vibe. Also, I'm pretty sure Andy Cohen gets vibes from other men. How about if Andy gets a straight vibe about a man. It that heterophobic because he is gay?? Also, Does Vicki have to love the state of Oklahoma? I hate Nevada. It is dry and brushy and barren. So what? I don't hate Individual people, just the topography and weather and some of the culture. Some of you don't like Vicki's style, does that make you close minded?

N'uh uh, it makes us clothes minded.    ::shannonvoice:: I'll see myself out.

Maybe Vicki should've Dubrow-style backpeddaled and said I didn't say gaydar, I said gator, you know like when you can sense the presence of a sharp toothed, stealthy muffucah that has a keen sense of night vision.   {{looks at Tamara}}.   Ok, for real, I'm going.

oh and p.s. ya'll on some bullshit about David, that man is as fine as frog hair.  I'm 46 years old, do you know what most men my age look like?  Peter damn Griffin.   For him to be nearly 60 and still holding it down?     /fin

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 13

I don't think that Vicki is afraid of homosexuals. I just don't think she cares very much. Vicki is a true narcissist.  Nothing has ever happened until it has happened to her. She doesn't think, worry, or learn about things that don't impact her. 

I remember a couple of occasions when she displayed a shocking lack of knowledge about the military. She asked Ryan once why he had to keep being deployed. She said "why don't they get somebody else"? Later when she was talking about the fact that at least he would be safe, she was shocked to learn that people he had served with had lost their lives. She didn't understand why they couldn't just live where ever they wanted to live. How can a woman reach her age and be so shockingly misinformed? I have never had a single member of my family in the military, and yet I like to think I understand the sacrifices these brave folks make and the basics of what is going on. I picture Vicki as one of those people who doesn't watch the news because it is "depressing". She doesn't care enough to take the time to learn about anything that won't directly impact her. She was probably able to live through the whole Prop 8 nonsense and yet more than likely couldn't articulate what it was even about because she doesn't give two shits. I would imagine that up here in the potato-eating state of Michigan I could better explain what that was all about than she could, and she was at ground zero on this issue. The problem with this way of thinking is in my mind you have to learn about issues in order to care about them. She doesn't learn, so she doesn't care. 

• Love 18

Wow.  I hope this first part doesn't get us excited for the remaining parts and then let us down, BRAVO.

So . . . if Tamra does get canned from RHOC she has a future in some production or sequel of Ratatouille because that bitch is more rat-like every single day. IT'S MY OPINION!  What is with that constant squinting?  Is that her version of glaring?   

I think that Miss Terry probably did make a comment about the Beadors and the Trucker with Tits took it out of contents, and likely drunk, and misfortunately reported it as she heard it, or sunthin' like that. 

Regardless, the pretty, pretty Princess had how long to come up with his excuse for being so damn mad at David's drunken comment and could only say it was because his kids and mother were there?  But Eddie's comment was okay because Eddie was his friend?  I would think your friend making the comment Eddie made would make it worse, but that's just me.  And why is it okay for Tamra to get drunk and say mean, ridiculous stupid shit, including flat out lies, but David says one rude comment while drunk and he basically needs to be evicted from the OC?  I say David needs to wallop Princess Terry and Heather with a thesaurus, or at least a potato.

Tamra hasn't suffered enough.  I am gleefully anticipating Vicki's comment to her about always lying.  Andy had better not let that one go.  It needs and deserves to be followed up.

Like others, I think Vicki looked great except for the deep V in her dress.  If she had gone with a higher neckline, even a sweetheart neckline, that dress would have been perfect.  I even thought old Vickster looked great pre-makeup and styling.

Didn't care about Brianna, sorry.  Would much rather hear from Danielle. 

Shannon and David definitely came out the winners in this round.  As someone who has been in the situation, based on Shannon's expression, fidelity has been an issue.  I wonder if something happened, or she thought something happened, with a friend of hers.  Her discomfort would be totally understandable and expected once comments and suggestions were made about Vicki and David flirting.

I hope Lizzie manages to get some digs in on Tamra. She seemed to call her out on some THs.  Go, girl.

• Love 5

Ditto if Alexis had said it.

I immediately recognized where the clip took place but of course, have now forgotten. It was definitely either the ugly sweater party or the one at Lizzie's place.

Neither. So what if you have wrinkles. Bangs are not going to hide them. If anything they will draw attention to them unless you plan to brush them straight down like Heather did and that will not make you look better.

Sorry, I gotta strongly disagree with this one.  I personally HATE Heather's bangs.  No one looks good with severe bangs like that.  It closed off her entire face and drew attention to her likely surgically enhanced facial features.  She cannot handle harsh and severe because her face is harsh and severe.

But in general, I can't tell you how many make-over shows of older women -- women who DON'T do Botox -- and are given soft side swept bangs and they look significantly younger.

For the women with those embalmed looking botox waxy foreheads, I wish they'd get some nice side swept bangs so it would cover up the waxy look.

Regarding the comments about Donn being a "pig" for accepting his monetary share from the divorce settlement:  Really?  He's a pig for taking the money from his ex-wife?  

We talk all about "equality of the sexes" but it's supposed to go out the window when it's the woman that has to pay up?  Equality works both ways.  

Plus, although he's not blameless, I think he probably earned every penny. And even if he didn't, community property state, baby.  

Amen, I thought the same damn thing.  If he was the money maker, the world wouldn't shit bricks if she ended up getting a piece of what he earned.  There is such a double standard it is ridiculous.

• Love 5

I think people on here like to make hay and put thoughts in these characters words that aren't there. I don't believe for a minute that Vicki is afraid of gay people or their marriages. Do things come out of her mouth wrong.  All the time but, what she said to that man was not homophobic. It was stupid.

I think Vicki is very much like RHONY's Ramona.  Both are successful but both don't seem particularly bright or cultured.  Vicki is more soft spoken so she probably hides it a little better.

On homophobia, I have a bigger problem with the Bravo women who parade gay men around like they are their accessories. I'm so tired of hearing "My gays" "my gay husband" etc.  I think constantly talking about a friend's sexuality really minimizes them as a person and shows that you are more interested in having the world think you are so wonderfully tolerant of homosexuality when to me it makes that person look incredibly vulgar.  People are people.  Sexuality doesn't define a person and it shouldn't.  Running around calling someone your "gay husband" is just, in my view, terrible.

• Love 19

Heather was mad she wasn't invited to the USC/UCLA game with Shannon/Tamra and Heather McDonald.  Even though Heather Dubrow would have been returning from her trip to NY over Thanksgiving on the very day of the game.  Tamra compounded the problem by posting photos of three couples and introducing Shannon as the new OC HW.  Heather McDonald and Shannon are both USC alum.  I don't think Heather Dubrow appreciated being left out of the Thanksgiving gathering.  So I can see Heather Dubrow's anger towards Tamra because Tamra did upstage Heather D. with the premature announcement of Shannon as the new HW.

Omg, are they in 10th grade?  Heather is mad because she didn't get invited to a football game when she was already busy??? So she takes it out on Shannon?  Seriously, does this not sound like middle school.high school BS? 

Also, why are the Dubrows so forgiving with Tamra saying that all of the bad stuff they hear about her is just heresay but then believe a bunch of BS about Shannon and David?  Why don't they GO TO THE SOURCE with them before freaking out?

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 3

I don't get why Vicki  is so terrible for meaning that she didn't get a gay vibe, because we all know that is what she meant, but it's okay to say that Danielle's and Tamara's husbands give off a gay vibe. Also, I'm pretty sure Andy Cohen gets vibes from other men. How about if Andy gets a straight vibe about a man.

Ugh, no, that's not what's so awful about what Vicki said at all.  Vicki was spouting off ridiculous stereotypes of what she believes gay men look like.  Gay men can look like anyone, not the GQ types she was saying.  Andy should have countered that instead of making idiot faces.  Yeah, I get the theory he wants her to "sink" herself.  But I still think Satan Andy is much more concerned with looking cutesy.

I think people on here like to make hay and put thoughts in these characters words that aren't there. I don't believe for a minute that Vicki is afraid of gay people or their marriages. Do things come out of her mouth wrong.  All the time but, what she said to that man was not homophobic. It was stupid.

Nope, not buying what you're saying.  Would I classify Vicks as homophobic?  She sure is really dumb -- oh, and very, very small-minded & prejudiced as hell.  Racist?  Maybe.  Homophobic?  Could be.  She's giving us a lot to think she is.

Yup, Vicks is a lovely straight up bigot, ain't she?  Guess her honesty in showing she's a bigot is quite admirable to some viewers out there, eh?

• Love 6

I think Vicki is very much like RHONY's Ramona. Both are successful but both don't seem particularly bright or cultured. Vicki is more soft spoken so she probably hides it a little better.

On homophobia, I have a bigger problem with the Bravo women who parade gay men around like they are their accessories. I'm so tired of hearing "My gays" "my gay husband" etc. I think constantly talking about a friend's sexuality really minimizes them as a person and shows that you are more interested in having the world think you are so wonderfully tolerant of homosexuality when to me it makes that person look incredibly vulgar. People are people. Sexuality doesn't define a person and it shouldn't. Running around calling someone your "gay husband" is just, in my view, terrible.

Tamara is the worst about this. It's one of the things I HATE about her. She supports LGBT causes because in the particular High School cafeteria she exists in right now it puts her at the cool table. If TRHOC was on a conservative network being produced by a conservative man she would be all about marriage being between a man and a woman and how gay marriage makes baby Jesus cry. She doesn't give a damn about anyone but herself.

Ok back to the reunion and Terry's comment about Shannon coming over instead of working on her marriage. Bitch move. He never should have said it at all and especially not in the context of the conversation. However, about half of us over here said the same thing when the episode aired. Shannon did have a really bad habit of putting her personal buisness out there for everybody and their mother and then getting mad that everybody had the "wrong" idea about her. She seemed to get over it a little after her lunch with David in PV, but it was ridiculous in the first half of the season. Like her drinking. I started to give her drinking the side-eye not because of what anyone else said, but because she wouldn't shut the fuck up about it. Every scene had a monologue about what she and David were drinking. It was always David never drinks, while David is taking shots. Or how Shannon makes her drink last all day. ALL DAY! DID YOU HERE HER! ONE SHOT ALL DAY! But then if someone mentioned something she had been on about for hours she would snap and become pretty nasty. She was constantly getting mad at people for reacting to what she was saying about her own life. I think that was a little of what Heather was reacting to. It was misguided (as she admitted), but I think she had a bit of a "it's my fault all of OC knows your buisness? Are your serious?!?" moment.

• Love 2

I don't think anyone is perfect, and I agree that even the most open minded person can be stereotypical at times.  But, people who are aware of others differences can acknowledge that they are being stereotypical and realize they are wrong.  Saying things like "No scratchy the woody" or saying out loud that a homosexual doesn't match her stereotypical perception doesn't absolve her.  It means that she lacks the self reflection needed to understand that these things are wrong.  Saying things like that do not make her honest, it just means that she has no regard to how her words could be hurtful.  

And, honestly, if Vicki were from a small, isolated area with little to no diversity, I may be willing to cut her some slack. But, she lives in Southern California.  There is just no excuse for her ignorance.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 10

I think Vicki is very much like RHONY's Ramona.  Both are successful but both don't seem particularly bright or cultured.  Vicki is more soft spoken so she probably hides it a little better.

On homophobia, I have a bigger problem with the Bravo women who parade gay men around like they are their accessories. I'm so tired of hearing "My gays" "my gay husband" etc.  I think constantly talking about a friend's sexuality really minimizes them as a person and shows that you are more interested in having the world think you are so wonderfully tolerant of homosexuality when to me it makes that person look incredibly vulgar.  People are people.  Sexuality doesn't define a person and it shouldn't.  Running around calling someone your "gay husband" is just, in my view, terrible.

Preach!

I have quite a few male friends who happen to be gay.  It has never once crossed my mind to refer to them as "my gay" or "my gay husband."  

I'm a straight female and I just cringe when these women categorize a friendship.  They're not showing off their new Chanel bag, they're introducing a human being.  

I know how I'd feel if one of my gay male friends introduced me as, "This is Persnickety, my straight white female friend."  It would never occur to any of them to do that, much as it wouldn't occur to me to introduce them as "my gay" or "my gay husband."

I really wish Andy would quit perpetuating this behavior, unless it's tongue-in-cheek and he knows how all sorts of ridiculous it is and is showcasing it to show how vapid these women are.  

Okay, off soapbox now....going out for sushi, woot!

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

Don't think this was discussed before, but what does everyone think of Donn -- actually taking (what sounded like) a big fat check from Vicks?  Did he deserve it or was he kind of a pig for taking money from a woman?  I always kinda liked Donn (well, maybe not so much when he was drunk), but I'm thinkin' he's pretty much of an oink, oink piggy pig.  So now that Vicks is used to handing money off to men, is she back with Brooks, the useless, worthless slug?

Tams seems to have cut off her Facebook & she has very little of late on Twitter.  Hmmmm, what up with dat, me wonders.

I call Bullshit on Vicki.  The final check she referred to was $67,799.50 according to the divorce document, and it was to equalize their agreed-upon division of assets.  She didn't hand him a check for a million bucks or anything of the sort. Her beloved Coto Insurance was valued at a mere $51,000.  She ended up with assets totaling $886K and Donn's were valued at $633K.  For her to proclaim that she "handed" him anything is a lie, and he certainly isn't "living large" on $68K in SoCal.

Tamra's FB is still down.   

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/01/vicki-gunvalson-divorce-final-finances-revealed-court-documents

• Love 10

I know how I'd feel if one of my gay male friends introduced me as, "This is Persnickety, my straight white female friend."  

I think it would be hilarious.  Of course, since I live in New York, a woman who hangs out with a gay man is assumed to be straight … 

I really wish Andy would quit perpetuating this behavior

Andy is the host who used to have segments on WWHL called "Good for the Gays/Bad for the Gays?" and "Donkey Booty" in which he compared African American women's asses.  Of course, we know who the biggest ass was.

• Love 5

Preach!

I have quite a few male friends who happen to be gay.  It has never once crossed my mind to refer to them as "my gay" or "my gay husband."  

I'm a straight female and I just cringe when these women categorize a friendship.  They're not showing off their new Chanel bag, they're introducing a human being.  

I know how I'd feel if one of my gay male friends introduced me as, "This is Persnickety, my straight white female friend."  It would never occur to any of them to do that, much as it wouldn't occur to me to introduce them as "my gay" or "my gay husband."

I really wish Andy would quit perpetuating this behavior, unless it's tongue-in-cheek and he knows how all sorts of ridiculous it is and is showcasing it to show how vapid these women are.  

Okay, off soapbox now....going out for sushi, woot!

Beautifully stated! 

I also don't understand why Andy allows some behavior to continue while allowing others to manifest.  He'll come down on some for homophobic remarks but he'll allow this "gays as accessories" to continue and grow.  I don't understand how he doesn't state that it's offensive to treat people in such a fashion.

• Love 3

But doesn't what you guys are saying put Andy in the position of being representative of an entire demographic of people?  This puts me in mind of the women of ATL when they were all pissed (mainly at Sweetie) at the way Kim talks to sweetie because, as black women, they were insulted by it, so they didn't get why Sweetie wasn't.    Andy reps Andy, isn't it possible that he's simply not offended or indignant enough to make it an issue on anyone's behalf?  <-- sorry, I'm not yelling, that's a sincere question, has he ever done that before?

• Love 7