Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Heather asked her leave and the longer Shannon told the tale the less truth there was. Am I the only one who saw Shannon add drama where none existed?

If you don't watch the scene and only listen to it -Heather's words aren't so harsh but with the hand motions, the zip it and the finger pointing it is quite severe.  "We're done!", is kind of the universal F-you in the RH world.  Shannon changed the words to "get out" but she didn't change the essence of Heather's message.  Heather on the other hand, attributed words to Shannon that were never spoken and gestures and of course, the yelling and screaming, that just never happened at Javier's.

Heather and Terry, at Lizzie party, changed Vicki's account of Shannon's account of the kicked out of the house to - they wouldn't let me in their house.  So in the world of exaggeration or as Terry puts, "the telephone game", the Dubrows do more to distort stories than anyone.  Terry minimizing indicating everyone does it and then try to sell, "mind set" and Heather's "bigger in my mind" just didn't work for me.  Apparently, in retrospect Terry has now said he should have just apologized to David at the Reunion.  I noticed no one sign on the Dubrows' "game of telephone".  It speaks volumes to me.

• Love 15

You know, though - I think this photo kind of disproves the theory on Heather having any work done on her cheeks (at least in the last few years....).  She looks very chipmunk-cheeks here, to me! 

Coco isn't that old.  Cheek implants were huge and thought of as the way to look younger years before Coco's birth.

• Love 2

I don't see where Shannon added drama.  I thought Heather was the one to add the drama with her continuing to demand an apology for Shannon "yelling" at her.  And when she got it, she really did throw her out of the house.  Add "please" to the mix doesn't negate that she told her sternly to leave.  It was clear Shannon was very broken at that point.  Heather had no compassion.  

I don't see the Shannon drama either. But as someone up line said they love this season because they talk to friends who love Heather and Terry (I don't) and they liked Shannon and David. I personally think Shannon is the best newbie addition across all the franchises since NY Sonja in her first season.

• Love 10

If you don't watch the scene and only listen to it -Heather's words aren't so harsh but with the hand motions, the zip it and the finger pointing it is quite severe.  "We're done!", is kind of the universal F-you in the RH world.  Shannon changed the words to "get out" but she didn't change the essence of Heather's message.  Heather on the other hand, attributed words to Shannon that were never spoken and gestures and of course, the yelling and screaming, that just never happened at Javier's.

I would have asked that hot mess to leave my house too. Shannon started the smack talk about her husband. She shot her mouth off about her marriage with cast mates and in front of cameras. I have no sympathy this woman. She shared something intimate on camera and then complains that others will find out? UGH!

• Love 6

I believe it too. Shannon Beador had no problem telling the audience how awful Shannon Beador's husband was. It started from the first introduction of Shannon Beador's husband. Poor Shannon Beador. Shannon Beador's husband sent Shannon Beador an e-mail and Shannon Beador told Tamra and a crew of camera people about the e-mail and then poor Shannon Beador got upset that it was a topic on the reality tv show she signed on to do. Shannon Beador never meant that to happen. 

That's not actually what happened, though. Shannon told Tamra about the e-mail off-camera (in private) and it was Tamra who told Heather about it (on camera), who then blabbed to her friends, and then Shannon got the text from her husband about it on camera. If Tamra hadn't blabbed about it, the e-mail (as far as we know) would never have been brought up.

• Love 8

Even if that scene were completely edited out, we have Heather, on camera, telling others at Lizzie's party that she had to "kick Shannon out of [her] house." So, Heather admitted that she threw Shannon out, on camera. She killed her own semantic argument about whether she asked her to leave or threw her out.

And that came straight from the source herself.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 14

At least Shannon comes by this pretension honestly, i.e. it was something she was raised with herself…versus wearing your aspirations on your sleeve and trying to be something you're not. Alex and Simon should have just parlayed themselves as quirky Brooklynites with quirky, arty Brooklynite friends, rather than loudly insist that they PREFER to go to St. Barth's off-season or loiter around the opera crowd awkwardly, hoping that someone will notice them.

I'm surprised that Alex forgets that these shows are nothing if not about pretensions. Pick a cast, any cast, and you'll find them. Like, say, a HW who insists on her children speaking French even though neither parent is of French descent.

Is that something to be proud of? I mean being born into money instead of earning it. Vicki may overstate her business, but I've always liked that she feels like she should be working. One of the things I dislike about Shannon is her sense of entitlement. I've always felt like Shannon expects the world to conform to her needs. I don't know, her poor little rich girl act didn't do much for me.

• Love 4

Alex and Simon were (are???) pretentious, social-climbing snobs.  The way they portrayed themselves seemed soooo over the top that is was almost farcical; they reminded me of Sir Walter Eliot and his daughter Elizabeth in Persuasion.

How dare you bring high brow literary references into this discussion.  Although, now that I'm thinking about it, is Danielle the Boo Radley of the OC?  Discuss.

• Love 7
I don't know if Heather had cheek implants or not but she's clearly had some work done.

Heather has said she gets Sculptra injected, I assume by Terry, in addition to Botox (and who the fuck knows what else).  Well, bust my buttons, I never heard of Sculptra, so I had to Google it -- and apparently overdoing it will give one those giganto cheeks Heather now has.  So we do have an answer to the mystery of Heather's Madame the puppet cheeks.

• Love 6

Is that something to be proud of? I mean being born into money instead of earning it. Vicki may overstate her business, but I've always liked that she feels like she should be working. One of the things I dislike about Shannon is her sense of entitlement. I've always felt like Shannon expects the world to conform to her needs. I don't know, her poor little rich girl act didn't do much for me.

I think this is a different distinction. For me, Alex is not only a hypocrite in deriding Shannon's interests as "pretentious," but she's not even utilizing the appropriate terminology. By definition, Shannon's entitlement can't be pretentious because it's not a pretense; I think her carriage and the manner in which she comports herself illustrate that wealth and affluence have always simply been a consistent element of her experience. Perhaps that means she takes the trappings of her life for granted, but she's not situating her purse so that Chanel logo faces the camera; protesting that her sartorial choices are unimpeachable because of the label they bear; or misrepresenting leased cars as one she owns.

Since the ostensible purpose of the program is to showcase the lives of the financially elite, I'd personally rather watch Shannon's ease with money rather than the desperate posing of people like the McCord-Van Kempens. Sure, Shannon discusses the cost of her chandelier in a talking head in which she was most likely prompted by production to do so, but she's not masquerading as an oil heiress who holidays in St. Barth's like Alex did.

I think Vicki plays a role in her own personal narrative as much as Shannon initially tried to maximize her "poor wife" persona. Although Vicki has been honest about the monetary humbleness of her early adulthood, she portrays herself essentially as a self-made businesswoman who scrapped her way to success with little help from anyone. And I'd say that is definitely a pretense.

• Love 12

I don't think anybody has mentioned this or maybe didn't notice, when Andy asked Lizzie about dating Nick Lachey and she said she dated him before and after Jessica Simpson, the camera focused on Tamra and you could see the jealousy and hatred all over her face. It was priceless, I tell ya! Must hurt like hell  not to be the youngest and prettiest housewife anymore. The truth is that Eddie probably would shag Lizzie if he had the chance and Tamra knows that, hence her disdain for beauty queen Lizzie.

I'm so glad you mentioned this.  I saw it!  Tamra looked at Lizzie's boobs with such a nasty face.  She looked there, then looked at her face.   Lizzie fits the 'exotic' look Eddie likes.  I didn't see him get all upset when Tamra brought the shag game to Lizzie at Vicki's party.  He looked to me like he was "STFU, now she won't ride my bike!"  But really, Eddie looked like he was checked out.  He was probably playing footsies under the table with Lizzie. 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 5

I think this is a different distinction. For me, Alex is not only a hypocrite in deriding Shannon's interests as "pretentious," but she's not even utilizing the appropriate terminology. By definition, Shannon's entitlement can't be pretentious because it's not a pretense; I think her carriage and the manner in which she comports herself illustrate that wealth and affluence have always simply been a consistent element of her experience. Perhaps that means she takes the trappings of her life for granted, but she's not situating her purse so that Chanel logo faces the camera; protesting that her sartorial choices are unimpeachable because of the label they bear; or misrepresenting leased cars as one she owns.

Since the ostensible purpose of the program is to showcase the lives of the financially elite, I'd personally rather watch Shannon's ease with money rather than the desperate posing of people like the McCord-Van Kempens. Sure, Shannon discusses the cost of her chandelier in a talking head in which she was most likely prompted by production to do so, but she's not masquerading as an oil heiress who holidays in St. Barth's like Alex did.

I think Vicki plays a role in her own personal narrative as much as Shannon initially tried to maximize her "poor wife" persona. Although Vicki has been honest about the monetary humbleness of her early adulthood, she portrays herself essentially as a self-made businesswoman who scrapped her way to success with little help from anyone. And I'd say that is definitely a pretense.

Hahahahahah SUCK it, Alex. Can't stand her. She makes a living with that crap?

• Love 1

I am so jealous of all the posters who can share the housewife snark with their partners. I have to hide my housewife love from my husband. For one brief shining moment he watched An episode of Beverly Hills and declared it was a waste of brain cells.

I had that problem, too, until I caught my own, brilliant husband watching Ice Road Truckers (?) and a Detroit based gem called, Hardcore Pawn.  Now we have an unspoken pact to keep each others' dirty little secrets.

• Love 16

I had that problem, too, until I caught my own, brilliant husband watching Ice Road Truckers (?) and a Detroit based gem called, Hardcore Pawn.  Now we have an unspoken pact to keep each others' dirty little secrets.

My secret is that horrible Gypsy Sister's show, makes any Housewife's show look better.

• Love 3

So I caught the reunion replay last night and boy did Tamballs look evil! You all weren't joking. As usual, comments here are right on par with what I saw. Omg, Andy's face after Tamra said something (or screamed?) was priceless. Another poster mentioned it upthread and I'm too lazy to go back and search. Andy's head was tilted with a "WTF did you just say" look on his face that I can't even describe! His face was all scrunched up. I'd give anything for a gif or still photo of that moment.

Anyway, I'm curious anout Shannon's (I'm a fan) inheritence. It had to be a lot of money, right? Someone mentioned her family owned a department store that's no longer in business. I suppose the store did great business while it was open.

At least it came out that Tamra also mentioned the "Take the Beador's down" to Vicki. Not sure about Vicki's excuse for withholding the information, though? She wasn't sure if Terry had actually said it? Why does that matter?

Tamra's little speech about why Ryan and his fiance were drawn to eachother didn't make any sense whatsoever. 

Can't wait until part 2.

• Love 2

I had that problem, too, until I caught my own, brilliant husband watching Ice Road Truckers (?) and a Detroit based gem called, Hardcore Pawn. Now we have an unspoken pact to keep each others' dirty little secrets.

This is how it works in the jnymph household as well. What's so funny is those 2 shows you mentioned are the same ones Mr. jnymph watches (he's a truck driver too )

One time he managed to catch Vicki in a Woohoo - he sadly shook his head & retreated to his man cave.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 4

So I caught the reunion replay last night and boy did Tamballs look evil! You all weren't joking. As usual, comments here are right on par with what I saw. Omg, Andy's face after Tamra said something (or screamed?) was priceless. Another poster mentioned it upthread and I'm too lazy to go back and search. Andy's head was tilted with a "WTF did you just say" look on his face that I can't even describe! His face was all scrunched up. I'd give anything for a gif or still photo of that moment.

Anyway, I'm curious anout Shannon's (I'm a fan) inheritence. It had to be a lot of money, right? Someone mentioned her family owned a department store that's no longer in business. I suppose the store did great business while it was open.

At least it came out that Tamra also mentioned the "Take the Beador's down" to Vicki. Not sure about Vicki's excuse for withholding the information, though? She wasn't sure if Terry had actually said it? Why does that matter?

Tamra's little speech about why Ryan and his fiance were drawn to eachother didn't make any sense whatsoever. 

Can't wait until part 2.

Shannon's grandfather, Robert Shannon, was president of I. Magnin stores.  I Magnin sold to Macy's in 1980.  Robert Shannon and his wife made the news when they were kidnapped, robbed and held in the trunk of their Mercedes for seven hours.  Mr. Shannon died in 1999.  Shannon's mother Patricia was an only child.  http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Robert-Shannon-2901590.php

I think Storms is Shannon's step-father's name.  It is my understanding Shannon's parents were or are in real estate.

• Love 1
If Tamra hadn't blabbed about it, the e-mail (as far as we know) would never have been brought up.

Two "IFs" back:

IF Shannon hadn't whined to Tamra.

IF David hadn't put something so personal in electronic writing.

• Love 1

I think they need to keep cutting and get rid of the damaged ends.  It is a start but she will be back to extensions and what not in no time.

She has very fine, thin hair. She would have to remove all of it to get rid of the fly away breakage and as soon as it grows back it will happen again. I have the same texture to my hair. Look around, most people have damaged ends.

• Love 1

She has very fine, thin hair. She would have to remove all of it to get rid of the fly away breakage and as soon as it grows back it will happen again. I have the same texture to my hair. Look around, most people have damaged ends.

Yeah. . . I was being pretty bitchy.  I have fine hair as well, live in California in a dry climate and it is tough on the hair.  It is hard for most people to have nice ends if the hair gets much past the chin in the front.  I always thought the advantage of oozing evil is that it might work as a conditioner.  It appears to on Tamra's face because it is very, very shiny at the Reunion. 

• Love 10

I always thought the advantage of oozing evil is that it might work as a conditioner.  It appears to on Tamra's face because it is very, very shiny at the Reunion.

OMG !  I can't stop laughing ! That's hilarious zoeysmom

• Love 4

Yeah. . . I was being pretty bitchy.  I have fine hair as well, live in California in a dry climate and it is tough on the hair.  It is hard for most people to have nice ends if the hair gets much past the chin in the front.  I always thought the advantage of oozing evil is that it might work as a conditioner.  It appears to on Tamra's face because it is very, very shiny at the Reunion. 

She has that in spades so if evil worked as hair conditioner she would have Duggar girl hair and they would have her's.

• Love 1

I don't know if Heather had cheek implants or not but she's clearly had some work done. And even though she has chubby cheeks when she was younger, it does look like she had implants about 10 years ago when they were thought to make a woman look younger.  You can look at the progression of her photos to know that she's had some work done.  

Looking at her old pics when she looked like she ate a cheeseburger, she was very pretty.

Looking at her photos, I don't see Heather having cheek implants, fillers yes, but implants?  Not seeing it.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-7/photos/before-they-were-houewives-heather#image-112977

I always thought the advantage of oozing evil is that it might work as a conditioner.

Oh yeah, dat's what Satan Andy is using, right?  His hair is looking sorta straighter at the reunion.  Well, if Tams is using that, it ain't workin' cuz her hair looks like crap.  Are there extensions in that pile of shit on her head?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
I have a question? Which one is worse?

Vicki " No scratchy  the woody!"

Lizzie "You no getta the woody!"

Hmmmm, this merits some discussion.  Well, I would choose the second cuz I am male & I don't think think I would like the world to know if I can't get boners.  Altho being talked down to by some idiot bigot, who has hired me to do some menial work, wouldn't thrill me either.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Looking at her photos, I don't see Heather having cheek implants, fillers yes, but implants?  Not seeing it.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-7/photos/before-they-were-houewives-heather#image-112977

Yeah -- probably the fillers and dropping weight that give her that unfortunate Madame look.  

I'm actually surprised at how attractive she once was before Terry did stuff to her face.  And before she became scary thin (in my view) she had a great bod! With the extra weight her face looked so much prettier.

Awh SHIT! I like it.

It looks MUCH better in that one pic.

Now hopefully she'll stop injecting her face with whatever it is she's injecting into it.  She would look so much better if she would stop the botox and whatever else.

And please, for the love of God, ditch the white eyeliner and ease up on the black make-up.

• Love 1

Shannon's grandfather, Robert Shannon, was president of I. Magnin stores.  I Magnin sold to Macy's in 1980.  Robert Shannon and his wife made the news when they were kidnapped, robbed and held in the trunk of their Mercedes for seven hours.  Mr. Shannon died in 1999.  Shannon's mother Patricia was an only child.  http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Robert-Shannon-2901590.php

I think Storms is Shannon's step-father's name.  It is my understanding Shannon's parents were or are in real estate.

Thank you for the information and link! Very interesting.

Heather was prettier many years ago. She is such a Miss Perfect though, those pictures with her newborns were unbelievable. Perfectly made up, eyebrows sky high and a perky, 50,000 watt face and smile. Minutes after giving birth....alrighty then. I looked exhausted/wiped out after giving birth but anyway...

She is such a cheese ball too, at the reunion saying, "you've got to get in it to win it." with that perma-smug look on her face. Sorry, I don't get it Heather. Getting severe bangs and bob is you "getting in it" and "winning it"?? I mean, I know what she's saying, you have to take chances to "win" in life, yada, yada, yada. She is just seriously annoying with her crazy huge ego and narcissism. Her coy look to Andy, "you like?" about her haircut. No Heather, he doesn't. No one does.

Tamra looked elderly at the reunion. I hate saying that because she's only a couple of years older than me and I don't like ageism. But she looked haggard. Her hair didn't help, so glad she just cut it. But she just looks mean, bitter, angry. No light in her face, very sour. She was shooting daggers at Lizzie the whole time. I have never seen the editors show that angle of someone on the couch, watching the other person talk. It was odd and obvious they really wanted to highlight Tamra's hatred of Lizzie.

Tamra is a vile woman. But don't worry...even if Eddie dumps her tomorrow she'll rope in another sorry sap to marry her at lightning speed.

• Love 2

I think your looking at the wrong end..........oozing evil is probably pus-like. Tams must go through a lot of panty liners.

• Love 2

I don't know if Heather had cheek implants or not but she's clearly had some work done.

Yeah, I'd guess she's at least had a brow lift, and her nose looks like it may have been carved into, too. She's an actress married to a plastic surgeon, so it's a little hard to believe that she's only ever went the filler route.

• Love 2

Wanted to say two more things: 1) I always have thought Tamra was beautiful and she still can be in certain scenes/lights. But her sour attitude has really aged her and 2) I don't think Lizzie is some sweet, innocent flower. I believe she said that Eddie wanted to "fuck" her and what she said to Christian about not getting it up enough was atrocious.

• Love 3

Yeah, I'd guess she's at least had a brow lift, and her nose looks like it may have been carved into, too. She's an actress married to a plastic surgeon, so it's a little hard to believe that she's only ever went the filler route.

I don't know, have you seen Terry's Yelp reviews? I bet Heather has. I wouldn't let that construction worker with a scalpel near my face.

• Love 3

I think many women who start getting fillers and botox get addicted to it.  They keep doing a little more in an attempt to 'smooth' out the wrinkles and it gets to the point where there's so much filler below the eyes, their eyes look smaller and receded.  Note the last time Ramona was on WWHL.  You could barely see her eyes.  And then there's Jill's liquid face lift.  It starts to look plastic and unnatural.  Cheeks don't naturally come up that high and crinkles around the eyes are natural on just about every adult (even the most beautiful).  And IMO, it really doesn't make them look younger at all.  I just don't get why so many people are obsessed with age.

One of the few women who has said she had some work done and looks natural is Jane Fonda.  She's kept some crinkles around her eyes, hasn't overdone the fillers and she looks fantastic.

• Love 5

Wanted to say two more things: 1) I always have thought Tamra was beautiful and she still can be in certain scenes/lights. But her sour attitude has really aged her and 2) I don't think Lizzie is some sweet, innocent flower. I believe she said that Eddie wanted to "fuck" her and what she said to Christian about not getting it up enough was atrocious.

Actually what Lizzie said, "was throw me a boner once a week."  I think she was complaining about his lack of interest in her-bad birthday party, not enough sex.  Not that he was unable to get an erection.  I am sure it is a comment she will  live to regret.  Her stir up moment for me was at Shannon's Christmas party.  I think Tamra is jealous of her youth and natural curves and the fact her parents are wealthy.  All things Tamra doesn't have going for her.

Here is what I don't get-whoever pushed the "Marry, Shag, Kill" game needs their head examined.  As I understand it all the men said- kill Vicki.  Ouch.  Even Ms. Terry when playing it on Brandi show said he wanted to - shag Lizzie. If these folks are going to go down the road they need to leave the responses at the party.

• Love 2

Agree on both fronts.  Tamra was very pretty - until she froze her face.  There was one function this year -- maybe Shannon's party -- and she had her hair in a side bun.  She looked great.  

And maybe it's me but Lizzie strikes me as someone who married Christian and feels like she "settled" cause, you know, she dated Nick Lashay pre and post Simpson.  She strikes me as someone who would leave as soon as her sugar daddy came in.  She's awfully full of herself for reasons I can't understand.  I know she claims to have a brilliant mind, but I don't see it.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5

I wish I had enough time to read through this thread from the start. What I have read has been gold.

I don't like Heather's new hair. It's too severe for her. On a woman with more softness to her, it'd be perfect, but Heather is all angles and hardness, so to add more angles does her no favours.

Tamra looked so, so,ugly, with bitterness written all over her tight little face. The way she kept pursing her lips made me think of a cat's butthole. I'm surprised she didn't get more of a hard time from the others. This would have been the perfect opportunity to confront her again with all her lies. And why didn't anyone challenge her about her fake crying?

I thought the best thing about the reunion was David. He is a class act, imo.

• Love 8

I apologize if someone has already posted this but Tamara FINALLY did something about that hair....http://www.realitytea.com/2014/08/28/thank-god-tamra-judge-finally-gets-new-haircut/

That looks so much better than her poofed out hair with extensions.  So here's my question about extensions (I've never had them before because I have the opposite problem---too thick, slightly coarse hair)...are they sort of like breast implants?  They may give the appearance of long, beautiful hair, but they can't pass the touch test?  I mean, if you run your fingers though your hair (or say your significant other does), doesn't it feel odd when your fingers get blockaded when they reach the extensions?

Yes, but other people will say it is too straight and it sticks to the sides of her head.

I don't even get the need for them -- the woven in ones.  They always look terrible.  You could see the weave straight out with Yolanda.  And I'm assuming these people get the best of the best.  

LOL, my husband not only watches those and a plethora of other reality shows, he loves these housewives shows as much (maybe even more) than I do.

He does, however, freely confess to family and friends his love of all things Housewives (and Bravo in general).

I'm a pimp.  I've totally turned him into Bravo's whore.  And he loves me for it.  

• Love 10