Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I just looked at that. They built the home for like 13 million and sold it for 16.4. It has less square footage than the Beador home does. According to that Zillow listing the Beadors originally  listed their home in 2013 for 15,998,000.

Looks like they made about a $6mil profit.

Million Dollar Listing New York star Ryan Serhant broke down the real estate sale for us, noting it was done off market, possibly to have more privacy. The couple originally purchased the 11,000 square feet house in 2004 for $3.3 million, and proceeded to pour in $7 million over the years to create their dream home.

http://www.wetpaint.com/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/articles/2013-07-03-how-much-did-heather-dubrow

It's weird, Heather's hair looks beautiful to me in the pictures I see, but on the television it was too shiny and had a weird looking texture to it. It is hard to explain, kind of like shiny brown hay.

It looked to me like her hairstylest was trying to give it a messy texture but over did it on product and ended up with a bit of a mess. I like the actual cut for Heather, but it didn't look good that day.

• Love 2

One thing I noticed while watching again was Tamra talking about Brooks. Lizzie said Tamra told her he was a bad guy. Then she starts saying, "But you told Danielle that...." and Tamra cuts her off. So it appears that Tamra had conversations with Lizzie & Danielle, filling their ears with all kinds of shit.

I have to give Tams some credit. She's a chameleon and seems to be able to charm the new girls. It happened with Gretchen and Alexis too. On their first seasons Tamra seemed to bond with them. Gretchen thought they were friends until the episodes started airing and she saw what Tamra was saying behind her back. Now she does the same thing with Lizzie and Shannon. She's like a spy. Cozying up to people to find intel to use against them later.

If the same cast comes back it will be interesting to see their dynamics. I suspect Tamra will do everything she can to worm her way back into Vicki's good graces. However, if Vicki has Shannon as support she might be able to resist.

• Love 1

Speaking of grammar fails, shouldn't Shannon have said you spoke condescendingly since it's used as an adverb?

Yes.  You are a 100% correct.  This is why I made an earlier comment about these women not knowing the difference between and adverb and and adjective.  Shannon also misuses subject pronouns in her blogs.  But, Shannon doesn't go around offering to buy people thesauruses or treat other people a condescending (adjective) manner, so it's more fun to snark on the people who do.

• Love 7

Perhaps the Dubrow's rabbi could include this in the next prayer service they attend for the cameras: 

The prophet Micah (7:18) asked: “Who is G-d like You, tolerating iniquity and forgiving transgression ... ?” Upon which, the Talmud commented (Rosh Hashanah 17a): “Whose iniquities does G-d tolerate? A person who forgives the transgressions of another.”

I know that for many, organized religion is a source of wisdom, comfort and community. While I was raised in a Catholic family, our best friends/neighbors were reformed Jews, so I believe I have enough basic knowledge of the Abrahamic as well as other religions to know that love is a core belief. I am thus very curious as to how the members of their synagogue view the Lo-brows pettiness and hypocrisy. Shannon's graciousness is making big points for NewAgers, while the Low-brows are doing as much for Judaism as McVeigh did for Christianity or Bin Laden for Islam. 

Still don't get why Andy didn't even attempt to counter her moronic stereotyped comments, instead of just making stupid cutesy faces.

I think Andy's of the "give her enough rope" school. He allowed the derisive laughter of her cast-mates to point out her ignorance. She's almost like a trick poodle - just ask her about Oklahoma! 

Edited by Gumby
  • Love 3

Hey kids! Rev up your snark engines....here is a photo recap Bravo posted on all the Wives' outfits last night.

http://www.bravotv.c...ts#image-203986

When I saw the video of the pre show prep I saw Heather standing up in her dress and loved it  but I failed to notice the little flippy part at the hem. Now that I've seen the hem I don't like it as much. I do absolutely LOVE the color though. I'd like Tamra's dress in Heather's color. I think Heather's shoes are ugly as hell.

I liked Tamra's dress but I think that much of that shade of pink is too young for her. She could pull off a pink top but not an entire dress. To me that's more of an under 30 look. Red or black would have been a better choice but then she'd look even more like the Devil's bride that she is. Her legs are really bad. I think she has that saggy old lady skin from using tanning beds. I remember in her first few seasons her intro at the start of each show was her climbing into a tanning bed in a bikini. Tanning beds are SO much more damaging than the sun. I never understood why someone who lives in southern CA with sunshine and warm weather year round wouldn't just sit outside if they wanted a tan. At least she had the sense to cover up her sun damaged chest. Hair was bad as usual.

I didn't like Shannon's dress either. It was that piece down the front that ruined it for me. Her hair looked thin and like it had too much product in it which made it look kind of scraggly at the ends.

Vicki, Vicki, Vicki......It's the usual with her - too much boob show and inappropriate fit for her size. I don't like seeing cleavage or boobs hanging out on 50+ women. She's too big to wear such tight dresses! Looking at the photo of her and the Beadors on the couch she looks wider than David and twice the size of Shannon. Her haircut looks good but like Shannon it looks like too much styling product was used and that made her hair flat and scraggly.

Lizzie is always dressed so odd. Even though she's young I think she, too, overdid it with the boobs hanging out. She's the only one who looks like her hair is healthy.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 1

Won't believe that unless it's confirmed.  And Tams, like Gretch before her, will never do that.

Still say her behavior last time she was on WWHL was very, very strange.  She acted like someone who knew she was fired & felt like she didn't have any reason to go along with the usual Bravo bullshit.  Kinda luved her saying she was doing what she was supposed to do -- and it was her job to stir up drama, and Andy (clearly not pleased) correcting her that it was her job to be herself.  What bullshit, Satan Andy.  Anyhoo, she sure was acting like someone who felt she had nothing to lose.  Maybe she was later warned she better behave herself.  Cuz she doesn't seem to be acting this way on the reunion.  But her attitude still seems off to me.  Could it be cuz she knows she's getting the boot?

Tamra seems very confident that she is returning.  Then again so did Jill Zarin going into Season 5 and she wasn't asked back.  If Heather doesn't return the producers have a tough sell if Vicki, Shannon, perhaps Lizzie return Tamra stands alone.  Do they import more new RH designed to be Tamra friendly only to be turned out by Tamra or do they do a RHONJ where the entire cast was mad at Teresa and hope the viewers see her as a victim?  Tamra has an on-going court battle which may very well result in her continuing not being able to film with her kids.  Although I don't see an 8 year old being the great rescue to Tamra's empty nest.

Do they have former RH return who have put aside their differences with Tamra?  Or do they just go back to the tried and true and keep Terrifying Tamra in her place and bank on her winning a second chance from the others?  We have seen it before with Gretchen and it was not believable or successful (at least as far as Gretchen is concerned).  This may be the season Tamra cannot bargain her way out of.   She has just too much insincerity when she is not filming. 

I think it was Tamra that is why  Eddie's comment get conveniently forgotten. And how the heck could Terry lose 2 months of sleep over a comment that his wife admits they only heard about just before the Bali trip. The Dubrows are not very good at getting their stories straight.

This timeline has me so confused. Terry was mad at the Beadors during Lizzie's dinner party, because he knew about David's comments, so he lashed out.  But, he didn't bring up David's comments, even though he knew about it.  Heather says they only found out about his comments right before the Bali trip.  Then, Terry says he lost two months of sleep, thinking about it. When were the two months? After Bali? Before Bali?  When was Lizzie's party?  So many questions.

None of it makes sense.  And, for Godess's sake, I don't watch RHOOC to think about this shit. o_O

• Love 3

What did everyone think Tamra meant when she gleefully shrieked to Vicki, "Don't say it! Don't say it!" when Andy asked Vicki "what does gay look like"? Tamra had to have been referring to Danielle's husband, right? Aka "don't (but do) say that 'gay looks like Danielle's husband'." I can't imagine what else would have caused Tamra to go into such a tailspin over this particular question. Hmm. More Danielle mystery. Just what we need.

That's a thought and could be but I thought it was more like, "stop, don't say anything because we all know you'll put your foot in your mouth and be politically incorrect." Sort of like my 95 year old mom with dementia, when we are out and about and see someone over weight, her caregiver and I brace for what's coming (as we giggle).

• Love 3
If the same cast comes back it will be interesting to see their dynamics.

Here's what I, personally, hope happens:

Tamara: Realizes she's got some serious insecurity issues; get's help; stops drinking; genuinely owns up to her past behavior and becomes a fan favorite. It would be an epic turn-around and probably pretty damn interesting to watch.

Shannon: Like other's have said, I hope she doesn't come back -- because I really really REALLY like her right now, and don't want to see a "bad edit" of her -- which is inevitable.

Vickie: She actually lets a blatantly racist or homophobic comment slip and folks will no longer be able to deny that she's not as good of a person as she's given credit for.

Lizzie: More husband screen time.

Heather: A secret they have been trying to keep off television, and elsewhere, finally makes it's way to the public. They're not actually wealthy! He's drowning in malpractice suits! She's only being offered jobs from Vivid Entertainment! Construction on the McMansion has stopped because a) no construction workers will build their monstrosity and b) it's become apparent that they can't really afford it! There's no money for botox. Her life? 100% Dickensian squalor! (And then, in the following season, she can have the "turn-around" edit -- and we'll all cheer Heather on as we watch her slowly, but surely, become a better human being.)

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 8

This timeline has me so confused. Terry was mad at the Beadors during Lizzie's dinner party, because he knew about David's comments, so he lashed out.  But, he didn't bring up David's comments, even though he knew about it.  Heather says they only found out about his comments right before the Bali trip.  Then, Terry says he lost two months of sleep, thinking about it. When were the two months? After Bali? Before Bali?  When was Lizzie's party?  So many questions.

None of it makes sense.  And, for Godess's sake, I don't watch RHOOC to think about this shit. o_O

It doesn't matter because it was just Miss Terry blowing smoke anyway. That stupid SOB didn't lose any sleep over that. Now he MIGHT have lost sleep worrying about whether or not they will have the biggest house in the neighborhood. THAT is something that doofus would lose sleep over.

• Love 7

I feel for Lizzie. My sister is built similarly. Her breasts started growing when she was only 11 years old and she took a lot of teasing for it. She has had breast reduction surgery, but after 2 pregnancies, she is right back where she started. She is planning another surgery in the next year. She has an impossible time finding clothing that fits and has to have most of her clothing tailored to fit. 

This timeline has me so confused. Terry was mad at the Beadors during Lizzie's dinner party, because he knew about David's comments, so he lashed out.  But, he didn't bring up David's comments, even though he knew about it.  Heather says they only found out about his comments right before the Bali trip.  Then, Terry says he lost two months of sleep, thinking about it. When were the two months? After Bali? Before Bali?  When was Lizzie's party?  So many questions.

Terry is lying, or Heather is. Heather states quite clearly in her finale blog, that they weren't aware of David's comment at Lizzie's party and that is why they didn't address it then. She then goes on to say that once they actually heard the comment they realized it wasn't as bad as they were led to believe and wished they hadn't been told about it. Of course, her  blog was written after the reunion was filmed, so maybe she forgot the party line.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6

I really hope Shannon and David do not come back next season.  I learned from George on Seinfeld it's best to go out on a high note.  They need to exit stage left, continue working on their relationship, and feel good about themselves they left (relatively) unscathed.   Oh yeah, and that they took the Dubrows DOWN.  

I'm leaning towards think line of thinking as well.  Vile Tamra, aided by Bravo, may look for more ways to take the Beadors down and will probably resort to all kinds of mischief; this includes the harpy targeting any vunerable spots in the Beador marriage.

• Love 2

The operative words here are "done well", which heather's were not with them infringing on her eyes like a sheepdog.

I get annoyed with Andy when he fixates on stupid stuff like this (until they mentioned it, I had totally forgotten about it) instead of the more important issues on this show. I thought Vicki was going to answer "looks like you, Andy!".

Perhaps I am mistaken, but wasn't the reunion filmed before Tamra's appearance on WWHL?

Oh, I'm convinced that IS precisely what Vicki was going to blurt out.

I think Tasmanian Tamra might have saved Vicki from her lack of a filter on that one, because I think Tamra knew that's precisely what Vicki was getting ready to spit out and headed her off at the pass.  

Close call...too bad, though, I'd have loved to have seen Andy's reaction to it.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

Yes, what exactly is the timeline?  Lizzie's party was before Valentine's Day, and if Terry knew about the comments then, why did he wait until the reunion in June? That's four months.  Or was Terry told about the comments after LIzzie's party?

Well in any case, two months is a lot of time to stew over this and to lose sleep.  If it bothered Terry so much that he lost sleep, then he should have "gone to source" sooner and confronted David unless there was some reason why he didn't do that....hmmmm.  Quit being such a Hollerback Girl Terry and act like a grown man (or woman).

• Love 2
Quit being such a Hollerback Girl Terry and act like a grown man (or woman).

p.s.  now what ya'll can tell me is what a holla back construction site is?

The "hollaback" snark is giving me nine lives! I just keeping giggling and giggling. I love how none of us are really quite sure what a "hollaback construction site" is. It's just so....oh, I don't know....so something. As someone said up thread, I can't get that damn Gwen Stephani song out of my head now! And just the phrase -- Hollaback construction site -- too unintentionally hysterical.

• Love 4

Yes, what exactly is the timeline?  Lizzie's party was before Valentine's Day, and if Terry knew about the comments then, why did he wait until the reunion in June? That's four months.  Or was Terry told about the comments after LIzzie's party?

Well in any case, two months is a lot of time to stew over this and to lose sleep.  If it bothered Terry so much that he lost sleep, then he should have "gone to source" sooner and confronted David unless there was some reason why he didn't do that....hmmmm.  Quit being such a Hollerback Girl Terry and act like a grown man (or woman).

Don't think about it too much. It will make your head hurt.  Stephen Hawkings couldn't figure out this timeline.

The "hollaback" snark is giving me nine lives! I just keeping giggling and giggling. I love how none of us are really quite sure what a "hollaback construction site" is. It's just so....oh, I don't know....so something. As someone said up thread, I can't get that damn Gwen Stephani song out of my head now! And just the phrase -- Hollaback construction site -- too unintentionally hysterical.

From what I understand, that was the working title. Terry knows, because his brother was in a rock band.

"I ain't no hollaback construction site, girrrl." 

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 8

Thank God. I have been examining my ankles every since that post and becoming progressively alarmed. I think she has terrible legs in general (those knees), considering how much she works out and how great her core looks, but I don't see any cankles.

I said "just this side of cankles" meaning they are "thickish." Mine are "thickish" and look just like my grandmother's did at my age. She sported a fine set of cankles when she was much older. Something I pray my daddy's side of the gene pool will keep in check.

edited to add a word for clarity

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

I know that for many, organized religion is a source of wisdom, comfort and community. While I was raised in a Catholic family, our best friends/neighbors were reformed Jews, so I believe I have enough basic knowledge of the Abrahamic as well as other religions to know that love is a core belief. I am thus very curious as to how the members of their synagogue view the Lo-brows pettiness and hypocrisy. Shannon's graciousness is making big points for NewAgers, while the Low-brows are doing as much for Judaism as McVeigh did for Christianity or Bin Laden for Islam. 

I don't like them, either, but I don't think it's ok to compare them to terrorists. And their religion has nothing to do with their behavior. Alexis and Jim Bellino used to talk about their faith and religious beliefs as being central to who they are and how they live their lives. The Dubrows don't, so I don't think it's fair to draw a link.

• Love 8

His claim that he and Eddie have been friends for a long time was also laughable. He's known him for 3 years as a castmate. When I refer to someone as having been my friend a long time I mean 10+ years.

Terry is just so full of shit. I don't care how long you've been friends with someone - if they jokingly tell your wife to pretend to ride a mechanical bull like they ride you, that's ridiculous. I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but that is wholly inappropriate thing to say to your friend's wife. My husband has had the same circle of best friends since elementary school and if any of them said something like that to me, my husband would be furious.

I also don't buy he lost sleep for two months over what David said. He's just so dramatic and whiny.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 6

Terry is just so full of shit. I don't care how long you've been friends with someone - if they jokingly tell your wife to pretend to ride a mechanical bull like they ride you, that's ridiculous. I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but that is wholly inappropriate thing to say to your friend's wife. My husband has had the same circle of best friends since elementary school and if any of them said something like that to me, my husband would be furious.

I also don't buy he lost sleep over for two months what David said. He's just so dramatic and whiny.

No it would be fine because they would be discussing sex between the two of you. Didn't Miss Terry explain that clause in the social contract.

• Love 6

I am thus very curious as to how the members of their synagogue view the Lo-brows pettiness and hypocrisy. Shannon's graciousness is making big points for NewAgers, while the Low-brows are doing as much for Judaism as McVeigh did for Christianity or Bin Laden for Islam. 

Yikes! The Dubrows might not be everyone's cup of tea, but have they done anything at this point to be lumped in with Timothy McVeigh or Bin Laden? In any manner? 

As someone else pointed out, the Dubrow's have not made their religion a central part of the show. I think we saw them go to Synagogue once. I have never heard them get preachy with anyone or judge another based on their religious views. I have never seen them use their religion to justify a decision or harsh word. I could wonder how Vicki's fellow parishioners feel about some of the things she has done over the years (she made a big deal off camera about going to one of those big non-denominational churches a few years ago. I actually believe that Tamra goes as well). Andy actually questioned her about this at the reunion last year, or the year before in relation to how she thought the folks at her church viewed the fact that she was having sex outside of marriage. Alexis probably got more than one side-eye from the folks at church just based on her choice of clothes as well.  And while Shannon might have looked good in her kookiness to some, there were probably others that wished that she wasn't the face of all things holistic, considering she seemed to be unhappy and coming unglued for a good part of the season.

• Love 11

Shannon saying she calls Heather by her full name because she knows so many Heathers made me think of that 80s movie, "Heathers". And, Heather Dubrow is very much a Heather (apologies for all the lovely Heathers out there who share a name with this nasty Heather).

For those who googled Dirty Sanchez, should we rename the Dubrows the Doobrows?

Aw, okay.  Shit.  I mean shoot. Doobrows it is.

I'm not changing Miss Terry, no if and or butts about it!

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 4

Shannon scored twice. First with the "we're moving because the house is to big for us and we want a better view" and second in calling Heather, well a Heather. Shannon may or may not have meant to shoot those verbal arrows but boy they hit the mark!

• Love 10

When Andy asked Vicki what gay looked like and Tamra said "don't say it!" I wondered if she meant Danielle's husband. It makes sense. Wasn't his sexuality the real fight in Bali that inspired Danielle to have her footage mysteriously Maloofed?

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1
I could wonder how Vicki's fellow parishioners feel about some of the things she has done over the years (she made a big deal off camera about going to one of those big non-denominational churches a few years ago. I actually believe that Tamra goes as well).

I'm going to do my best to be as polite as possible. I apologize in advance for any ineloquence. OK, so, Vickie and Tamara kinda remind me of a group of people I once met. It was around the time that that book "purpose driven life" came out. Anyway, they all lived in southern california -- and Christianity kinda became "en vogue" then, if you will. Anyway, I remember being really perpelexed by these folks, because, it was like, "bling christianity" -- that's best way I can describe it. Kinda like a caucasion version of Creflow Dollar -- and they all wore Livestrong-type bands with "WWJD" on them and loved talking about their church rock band. The group I met all happened to be pretty casually (yet cluelessly & openly) bigoted against anyone -- white, black, asian -- who wasn't straight and believed in Jesus. Or, maybe more "condescending" -- like, "Oh, you poor dear; God loves us best; you'll see." Lots of jewels and early days RHOC gear - Sky tops, was it? Now, not saying that all Christians are like that -- or anything of the ilk. But I bet that is the type of church Vickie and Tamara go to.

• Love 6

Yikes! The Dubrows might not be everyone's cup of tea, but have they done anything at this point to be lumped in with Timothy McVeigh or Bin Laden? In any manner?

Sorry, I guess any simple mention of religion demands more agile wording. To answer your question: no, of course not. My hyperbole refers to anyone chooses to identify with (and in this case be filmed participating in a certain religion, while outwardly defying (IMHO) all the religion stands for. Just thinking out loud about their value system because they were filmed in attendance at the synagogue - it would seem natural for the authentically pious members of said temple/parish/mosque to be embarrassed by members who seem to me to be attending services but not quite hearing the spirit of neighborly love I believe clerics seek to impart. Shades of Alexis, is what I am saying I guess. We have gotten used to the greed and excess, but to stubbornly refuse an apology for something so relatively benign gives Shannon a solid win.

could wonder how Vicki's fellow parishioners feel about some of the things she has done over the years (she made a big deal off camera about going to one of those big non-denominational churches a few years ago.

I have wondered that about Vicki too. So I guess I felt that now that the Dubrows are being such hostile and unforgiving assholes, its time to address the same issue. In my opinion - no one expects anyone on this show to be Mother Theresa, but to me, love and forgiveness are so core to any religious text I have investigated, that it's beyond me how people can attend a mass and just. not. GET. IT.

Edited to say, HTF can I fix the quotes!!??

Edited by Gumby
  • Love 2

How is it ok (in Vicki's mind) for her to call an entire state worthless and horrible (twice! Once while she's supposed to be apologizing!) but Terry bringing up the fact that there's a stereotype of construction workers doing cat-calls is terrible?

I mean think they're both idiots and made horrible wrong statements but Vicki's hypocrisy makes my head hurt!  

• Love 3

Sorry, I guess any simple mention of religion demands more agile wording. To answer your question, no, of course not. The hyperbole refers to anyone who is filmed participating in a certain religion, while outwardly defying (IMHO) all the religion stands for. Just thinking out loud about their value system because they were filmed in attendance at the synagogue - it would seem in the best interest of a temple or parish or mosque to be embarrassed by members who seem to me to be attending services but not quite hearing the spirit of neighborly love I believe clerics seek to impart. Shades of Alexis, is what I am saying I guess. We have gotten used to the greed and excess, but to stubbornly refuse an apology for something so relatively benign gives Shannon a solid win.

I get your point and that makes sense. I guess at the end of the day, however, all of these people are probably not living up to what most folks would consider the tenants of their faith in some manner or another, and they are all doing it publicly. Lots of gossiping, jealousy, not to mention just being a big enough famewhore to put your family through all of this.

• Love 1

No. I was referring to their identifying with a certain religion, while outwardly defying all the religion stands for. Just thinking out loud - it would seem in the best interest of a temple or parish or mosque to distance themselves from people who seem to me to be attending services but not quite hearing the spirit of neighborly love I believe the clerics are trying to impart. Shades of Alexis, is what I am saying I guess.

But you compared them to terrorists.. Acting in a hypocritical, condescending or elitist way on a reality show is a far cry from engaging in acts of terrorism. And for all we know, Heather and Terry might take their religion seriously in a way we don't see on tv. Maybe they're very philanthropic, or charitable, or responsible. Who knows, but even if they are, they can also be, at the same time, petty and condescending. Those traits can be applied to people of all races and religions. As can positive traits.

• Love 8

Lawd, I wish I could be mad about the Oklahoma comments, but I'm from Texas, so I've heard it all.  Suck it up, Okies.  It's your turn now.  

What gets me about Vicki is that she seems to have never been exposed to anything. Ever.  She lives in SC, yet her idea of minorities, homosexuals, and even, ya know, poor people is severely limited. It's bizarre.

• Love 12

Ok, obviously they are not terrorists; I should know that using hyperbole as a tool invites misinterpretation. Of course what I meant is that it is completely laughable to take pride in ones religion while remaining deaf to the message of love.

I am not saying they are do not subscribe to many if not all of the tenets of whichever place of worship they choose. I was in my OP referring specifically to that single act of aggressively refusing the apology being diametrically opposed to that passage of the Talmud I quoted. I know the Second Testament is yoooge on the subject of forgiveness, it's sort of the bedrock of Buddism and am sure it's in the Koran. I guess I had sort of hoped from the beginning that the Dubrows would not be just like all the other Housewives who worship one way and act the other. 

I apologize if I offended anyone. I allowed my mind and fingers to wander after my original thought which was: that if any of these people attend services, how nice it would be if they heard their cleric tailor his service to the subject of forgiveness. 

Edited by Gumby
  • Love 5

No it would be fine because they would be discussing sex between the two of you. Didn't Miss Terry explain that clause in the social contract.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot about that part. I'm sure if David said 'Spread your legs [like you do for Terry]', this whole thing could have been avoided. Tsk. Love Terry's logic.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 8

Tamra's face is proof that "don't make that face or it'll stay that way" is true.  She looked like she was smelling poo the entire evening.

Love Shannon and David.  Shannon was great.  Tamra had no response to what she was saying.  I'm glad she brought up that if she was the one with the drinking problem, why was Tamra the one who couldn't remember something due to her drinking?  I'm glad she let Tamra have it and flat out called her a shit stirrer.  She also handled Heather well.  When Heather twitched her eyes (again, suggesting Shannon is crazy - STFU Heather), I LOVED Shannon's reactionary gesture.  And I so LOLed when Shannon was like "we want something smaller and with a better view."  And what is with the Dubrows acting like their explanations make it all okay?  For one thing, their explanations didn't really reveal anything new to me.  But also, so what?  Trying to justify your actions doesn't make them okay or take the place of an apology.  At least Heather apologized for kicking Shannon out (and only because that episode aired at that point and she got backlash for it), but I wish Shannon would have referenced Heather explicitly telling Danielle she kicked Shannon out.  Something like "well Heather, if you really think you didn't kick me out, maybe you should stop telling people on camera that you did.  Just an idea."

And again, Miss Terry and Heather together are double the disgusting.  Miss Terry couldn't even apologize.  WHAT AN ASSHOLE.  Eddie says something far worse and it's okay because he's his friend?  He couldn't come up with something better than that?  Next time Eddie sees Heather, he needs to grab her breasts.  Because that is just between bros apparently.  And the comment kept him up for two months?  Maybe Miss Terry is the one that should seek psychiatric help because that is flat out insane, or a lie - whichever it is, Miss Terry is a shitty person for it.

So yelling at David for being a lowly, over-sexed, dumb construction guy is not demeaning?  Interesting.  I'd hate to see what Miss Terry would consider insulting.  Of course he didn't apologize.  That pompous jackass is Heather's soulmate after all - both of them just can't admit being wrong.  I loved how David was like "well I apologized, it was sincere, and it is your choice if you want to accept it...that is the difference between us - I can admit when I'm wrong."  I do think that Miss Terry is a big enough famewhore that he would have apologized had the finale (and the ensuing backlash) aired/occurred before taping the reunion.

I really like Shannon and Vicki's friendship, but I felt sooooo bad for Shannon when Miss Terry and Heather commented on Vicki and David flirting.  She totally shut down and looked so hurt.  Miss Terry and Heather are despicable shits.  They took glee in upsetting Shannon and jumped at the chance to take the heat off them.  And then the wives started chiming in about David being really hot and while that is totally true, it was just gross and Shannon looked so deflated at that point.  I'm glad David acknowledged that what he did was wrong.  I do think that part of her nagging was due to a past affair that he had.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 10

I guess I had sort of hoped from the beginning that the Dubrows would not be just like all the other Housewives who worship one way and act the other.

That would put them in the same company as about 99% of the world's population who attend services. (I'll include myself in there!)

• Love 6

I'm going to do my best to be as polite as possible. I apologize in advance for any ineloquence. OK, so, Vickie and Tamara kinda remind me of a group of people I once met. It was around the time that that book "purpose driven life" came out. Anyway, they all lived in southern california -- and Christianity kinda became "en vogue" then, if you will. Anyway, I remember being really perpelexed by these folks, because, it was like, "bling christianity" -- that's best way I can describe it. Kinda like a caucasion version of Creflow Dollar -- and they all wore Livestrong-type bands with "WWJD" on them and loved talking about their church rock band. The group I met all happened to be pretty casually (yet cluelessly & openly) bigoted against anyone -- white, black, asian -- who wasn't straight and believed in Jesus. Or, maybe more "condescending" -- like, "Oh, you poor dear; God loves us best; you'll see." Lots of jewels and early days RHOC gear - Sky tops, was it? Now, not saying that all Christians are like that -- or anything of the ilk. But I bet that is the type of church Vickie and Tamara go to.

I'm not offended and I'm a church going Christian. Tamara and Vicki do remind me of a particular type of mega church member you find in CA. It did get really popular during all the hoopla over The Purpose Driven Life. Vicki, Tamara, Alexis, Laurue, and I think Quinn have all been associated with The Saddleback church in OC. It was one of the things that bugged me about Alexis getting hung out as homophobic (which she was). Mega churches in general have a tendency to be either Pentecostal or Baptist in tradition and are pretty often extremely conservative about social issues. Without speaking to any church in particular it's one of the things that makes me very uncomfortable with the mega church movement in general. Saddleback in particular is famous for being aggressively homophobic and was a big force in the whole Prop 8 nonsense. Now I have no issue expecting Alexis to answer for her beliefs, but for Tamara and Vicki to sit there and pretend they didn't also attend services at one of the countries most bigoted anti LGBT churches made my blood boil. If AC could do his job worth a damn he would have asked all of them about it.

• Love 5

How is it ok (in Vicki's mind) for her to call an entire state worthless and horrible (twice! Once while she's supposed to be apologizing!) but Terry bringing up the fact that there's a stereotype of construction workers doing cat-calls is terrible?

I mean think they're both idiots and made horrible wrong statements but Vicki's hypocrisy makes my head hurt!  

I think it's because with Vicki we've learned to expect ignorance and buffoonery.  For me, it's what makes her reality gold.  

With Miss Terry, he would like for us to believe he is above all of that nonsense and is just a great regular guy who happens to be a surgeon and have the best of everything.

One's an expectation, the other is a contradiction.

At least that's how I perceive it.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

With Miss Terry, he would like for us to believe he is above all of that nonsense and is just a great regular guy who happens to be a surgeonand have the best of everything.

Excuse me, he's a construction worker with a scalpel.

• Love 9

Aw, okay.  Shit.  I mean shoot. Doobrows it is.

I'm not changing Miss Terry, no if and or butts about it!

If we're having a renaming ceremony I get to eat the bow of the cake! DIBS!

• Love 6

Vicki's hypocrisy is nothing if not consistent. The amazing thing is that while both comments were stupid and thoughtless, Vicki saw no reason to try and correct her statement. Yes, Terry did a horrible job of trying to justify what he said, but at least he seemed to be concerned that he might have offended someone - even if it was completely self serving. Vicki didn't give two shits and just doubled down. Terry is taking a ton of heat for trying to clarify what he meant. Can you imagine if he would have pulled a Vicki and said that in general construction workers are a vulgar group of people and he stood by his original comment? Many people would be hysterical. When Vicki does it, it's funny.

I am a little bitter. I spent the first 30 or so years of my life in Oklahoma, and the last 10 in Michigan. My gang took a big hit from some of these folks who are too dumb to know better or even care. Fair enough. I have said a lot of shit about Texas.

• Love 5

So every time Heather has heard the phrase "I kicked them out/they kicked me out", she took that to mean someone literally put their foot to a person's ass and kicked them out the door? Did they just continually kick them until they were pushed out the door? Or did she think it was one big kick that sent the person flying and then landing on their butt in the yard? It's a very common phrase, and I'm just trying to understand what she thought it meant when she has heard it before. Or maybe she should pick up a dictionary and learn what an idiom.

Exactly. How would she have worded it if she WAS kicking her out? Pretty sure it would go something like "please leave."

• Love 5
Forgive me for mixing hyperbole with a religious reference! Moving on…...

Hyperbole can be easily misinterpreted, and I wouldn't necessarily have gone there -- but I think I get your point (and seriously, don't sweat it; we all try to go for the outrageous funny sometimes and it falls flat -- it happens). It can be frustrating when "Housewives" (or anyone) get(s) credit for being "good people" just because they say they are religious. Vicks and several other OC ladies have paraded their religiosity on screen, and sometimes it feels like they do it as a deflection tactic. It bothers me when they do that, too.

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 4

Regarding Shannon saying that they have put their house on the market because it is too big and they would like a better view, and it's priced at $13,490,000 (and that must have been June at the time of the reunion). 

That said, does anybody have a Zillow link (which I think was posted somewhere on this forum weeks ago) ? or their address?

I must see..... as I love, love house porn.

It seemed to me that Shannon was reluctant to name the asking price of her house.  I wish she would have stuck with that impulse, but she didn't say it in a bragging sort of way.

Shannon's face was off.  At first glance, I thought her nose had been pared down.  On second thought, the rest of her face is swollen - that may have made her nose look proportionately smaller.

Minus the flirting, I think David seems like  nice guy.  His beach look was good, but I don't see what everyone is going on about.  His Mike Tyson voice is a complete turn off.

I don't know if I quite believe Lizzie has already had two breast reductions.  They don't just grow back without weight gain.  Either Lizzie's weight really yo-yos, or she had a reduction after each pregnancy.  I wonder if Lizzie has seen plastic surgeons who encourage her to stay a large size, therefore don't reduce them small enough.  I know they tend to talk women into larger implants all the time.  It's sad, because with each reduction, there's an increased risk of loss of sensitivity.

• Love 2