Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: One on One (Part 3)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I agree.  It's pathetic that this person who identifies herself as a "Strong Woman" would require another person to be there for her before she has the guts to leave.

By contrast, there is Christine with 3 kids still dependent and most likely less income flow than Meri bravely skipping alone, while Meri is waiting to play hopscotch.

THIS 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I wish they would’ve gone into more detail about the property.  Doesn’t Christine still own part of it?  Why doesn’t she get to be on the text chain?

I just came here to ask this.  It made my ears perk up when Janelle said something about this new group text without Christine and then immediately gave the example of talking about the property . . . It makes me wonder if that HELOC that Kootie and Sobyn Goblyn took out recently ($180k?) was to pay Christine off on the land like some of us surmised.  What does everyone think?  Do we think she has totally cashed out?  If there is another season of a show about polygamy where there is no actual polygamy, do we think Christine will not be included?  I used to think they would still include her, but if she has her own show and is out of the land garbage it makes me wonder.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I just came here to ask this.  It made my ears perk up when Janelle said something about this new group text without Christine and then immediately gave the example of talking about the property . . . It makes me wonder if that HELOC that Kootie and Sobyn Goblyn took out recently ($180k?) was to pay Christine off on the land like some of us surmised.  What does everyone think?  Do we think she has totally cashed out?  If there is another season of a show about polygamy where there is no actual polygamy, do we think Christine will not be included?  I used to think they would still include her, but if she has her own show and is out of the land garbage it makes me wonder.

I hope she has cashed out.  And I hope she is getting child support from Kody.  I hope it brings him agita and anger every month for the next 7 years when the money comes out of his account.

• Love 22

I think Robyn’s only worried about the fate of the show. Now that Christine has left, and Kody’s “marriages” to everyone but Robyn have clearly been shown to be in name only, what is the point of the show? I like a good train wreck as much as the next person, but this is going to be pretty dull with the people who are left. Robyn knows that when the show goes, so does her giant house, nanny, and endless supply of Victoria’s Secret clothes. 

• Love 23
13 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

It should have been, but they're currently filming (or were very recently) which I believe means there's probably two more seasons: the rest of 2021 already in the can and 2022 so who knows.

I'm really angry at Kody trying to control what questions he's asked in the tell all. He's getting paid for putting his life out for our consumption and needs to suck it up and answer the darn questions even if he's uncomfortable or afraid of looking bad  (spoiler: he always looks bad)

His trying to intimidate Suki was bull! I would have taken his head off if he did that to me. He must have stormed off the set, too, because he apologized when they were reattaching his mic. TLC needs to show us that kind of petulance as well. (See Kody, I used petulance correctly)

He's also a liar and contradicts himself constantly. 

Revisionist history with Kody.  I nominate him for the show THE BIGGEST LIAR.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Christine should have gone to Victoria's Secret more, and then she might still be having sex with Cody like Robyn does. Robyn came to the marriage with V S bills, so she must have bought things there to please her first husband too? What a faker she is. Needs slapping good!

I wonder if Robyn cries after sex.  Gawd, I can't stand these weepy, weak women (and I'm looking at Meri too)

27 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I hope she has cashed out.  And I hope she is getting child support from Kody.  I hope it brings him agita and anger every month for the next 7 years when the money comes out of his account.

I thought I saw the whole episode - but what I saw is Kody never mentioning the kids with Christine.  I may be wrong.

• Love 7

When Robyn talked about Christine and Christine’s children being part of her bigger “pitcher”, it made me think that her anger and crying (yes she mostly does the fake sobbing but I actually think this was somewhat real this time) was because Christine put a major dent in her plans for the celestial after life stuff that they believe in. I think that she and Meri are the true believers and maybe one less wife on the planet knocks them down to a different level in the after life or something.

Robyn appears miserable, I think she wants to be in control and also wants everyone to like her at the same time, and it’s plain to see Janelle and Christine have no interest in a close friendship with her; I think that frustrates her. 

Edited by Starlight22
  • Love 13

Couldn't even bring myself to watch this last night. So the other wives seemed to blame Christine, so they could retain whatever status they have with Kody, although Kody is over plural marriage. Seems they are all in a good place to quit filming. I'm not going to watch Kody spend another season going thru some crisis of faith with his remaining barnacle wives propping him up  Move over Kate Gosselin, LOL. IF Christine agrees, maybe they can do a yearly update. It's the only way they will ever get participation from a majority of the adult kids.

p.s. Just reading the whole thread, and learned about a cooking show for Christine, so happy for her! For several seasons I have posted I suspected she has some "in" with production because of how great she always looked! And the last shot on tonite's show was of HER. Living well is the best revenge!

Edited by Julyolo
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

How could Kody not have been empathetic to Christine, she was begging for him to understand?  This guy just didn't give a crap.  Now he's acting like maybe he should have been empathetic?  Gee, ya THINK?  Seriously?  What a bastard!

How could He and Robyn be in such denial that Christine was serious about leaving? 

Both Kootie and Robyn fit the definition of people with narcissistic personality disorder. Symptoms may vary from person to person. The most common symptoms include:

Being overly boastful, exaggerating one’s own achievements

Pretending to be superior to others

Lack of empathy for others

Looking down on others as inferior

Monopolizing conversations

Impatient, angry, unhappy, depressed or has mood swings when criticized

Easily disappointed when expected importance is not given

Always craves for “the best” in everything

Has a very fragile self-esteem

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
31 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Well, I'd add Meri to that group as well.

• Love 10

Is Kody going to have to pay child support for the minor kids that are still at home? I know Truly and Ysabel are under age. Is there any other younger ones in the Christine/Kody clan. 

I'm dying to know if this trainwreck is going to get another season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Is Kody going to have to pay child support for the minor kids that are still at home? I know Truly and Ysabel are under age. Is there any other younger ones in the Christine/Kody clan. 

I'm dying to know if this trainwreck is going to get another season. 

I think next season will include Avalon's birth.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Starlight22 said:

Robyn appears miserable, I think she wants to be in control and also wants everyone to like her at the same time, and it’s plain to see Janelle and Christine have no interest in a close friendship with her; I think that frustrates her. 

Robyn is no Jeanne Tripplehorn (head wife Barb Hendrickson on Big Love)

25 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Is Kody going to have to pay child support for the minor kids that are still at home? 

Ysabel is almost 19, so the only non-Robyn's minor children are Truely & Savanah

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle is wishy washy in just about everything, so it’s no surprise to me.

I think with Janelle, she’s just content with her situation. She did tell Kody to fuck off this season.she has a good relationship with her kids, and grandchildren to visit. A house that she likes and I do believe she did mention that she likes not having Cody around. 

She spent many years actually working, at a real job, and provided support for the family. Christine raised all the kids, which is also a real job. What have Meri or Sobyn done to help financially. They have been the two biggest drains on the finances. I think Janelle deserves to putter around her garden and enjoy her kids 
She always seemed to me to be the brains and the most grounded in the family

• Love 18
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Both Kootie and Robyn fit the definition of people with narcissistic personality disorder. Symptoms may vary from person to person. The most common symptoms include:

Has a very fragile self-esteem

I just watched an old episode, where Cody and the wives go back to his home town so he can strut around showing off his wives. EVERY SINGLE PERSON he grew up with in the town that was interviewed said the same thing. He always had to be the center of attention.  

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

How could Kody not have been empathetic to Christine, she was begging for him to understand?  This guy just didn't give a crap.  Now he's acting like maybe he should have been empathetic?  Gee, ya THINK?  Seriously?  What a bastard!

How could He and Robyn be in such denial that Christine was serious about leaving?  It was obvious to the rest of the world!  Even WE saw it coming!  None of that was a secret!  He heard it from the KIDS?  He could have watched the SHOW and known that!  The two of them are so full of it it's coming out of their EARS.  Neither of them gave a crap about Christine and what she did.  Now they want to act like they CARE?  We all knew they didn't care, they're not fooling us!

Janelle should STFU that Christine made the decision that it was never going to work in her marriage.  It was KODY that made that decision.  We saw Christine for ourselves, we know how much she put into making it work and how much he sabotaged it.

Janelle is saying that Christine made the choice to see it as a non-functioning marriage.  NO.  Christine was seeing reality, not living in a delusional dream world like Janelle does about her marriage.  Janelle is the one choosing to see her marriage as "fully functioning" when it probably is NOT by any sane self respecting person.  Why should she expect Christine to make lemons out of lemonade just because she does?

WTF is Meri saying?  She should STFU too.  Like she's one to talk about making things work!  Her and Janelle are pathetic!  What's in it for them, I keep wondering.  Are they that duped and still holding the torch for nothing in return or are they getting something else from keeping their involvement with this asshole?  They have to be, and it can't just be stability and the family connection.  We know better than that.  It has to be about money or something else tangible at this point.  They are full of shit.

Christine was living her life pleasing everyone else and Kody loved that but he wanted a doormat, not a real wife.  The only time he really liked her was when she wasn't making any demands on him.  That's NOT a marriage by anyone's definition!  Typical bastard, just when the questions got too close to home and difficult to answer without looking like more of an asshole he asks not to talk about Christine. 

He is so full of shit.  He didn't say anything to Christine about the possibility of her leaving because he didn't give a shit.  He knew about it, he'd have to be deaf dumb and blind not to know what she was saying.  It was on the freaking SHOW!!  He said he was relieved, and that's the truth.

What kind of fucked up religious drivel does someone have to swallow to marry a woman they're not sexually attracted to?  Who would do that to a woman or THEMSELVES?  I can't even wrap my mind around it.  Taking on wives he doesn't even KNOW or LIKE?  FOR WHAT?  Because it serves his messed up "celestial" purpose?  That's evil, I'm sorry.  Plus she's beautiful so what's his problem?  Of course intimacy shouldn't be a duty but that's not HER FAULT.  It wouldn't have been only a "duty" for HER.  The sad thing is that if a man is not attracted to a woman it's NEVER going to work, period.  No amount of counseling is going to change that.  It was his fault for marrying her without feeling attracted to her.  And he admits he did that but doesn't see how this makes EVERYTHING that came afterward in their marriage HIS FAULT!

The sad truth is that anybody could have seen (and most of us here did) that he was "just not that into Christine" and that she was beating a dead horse with him.  So sad, I don't blame her at all.  She was just trying to have a better relationship with him and get something back from him.

God bless Christine.  She has suffered enough.  She deserves someone that loves her.  I was crying for her at the end of this episode.  More power to her, it looks like she's on the road to liberation and happiness.  I am so happy for her right now!

All of this.

All Kody wants is for women to fall at his feet and once they don't he is done. He says he's been betrayed. 

Christine raised the majority if his kids. Show her some respect. But that's just it. He never did. Her opinion and she didn't matter. She was just there to lay the pipe to and keep her pregnant.  Once that stopped so did any intimate relationship. He used her, plain and simple. She loved him and tried to do things his way and tried to stay sweet and it didn't get her shit. I hope she finds a dude and he treats her like gold.

All the others can stfu. She raised their kids and they need to stfu. She stayed home with all the kids and home schooled them, etc., while they all worked or whatever it is Kody did. Show her some respect and quit making her leaving about themselves. I swear they are all beyond selfish.

• Love 21
32 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Ysabel is almost 19, so the only non-Robyn's minor children are Truely & Savanah

I'm not sure how it would work in the U.S., but wouldn't Kody still be responsible for child support for Gwen and Ysabel as well as Truely because they are still in college?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not sure how it would work in the U.S., but wouldn't Kody still be responsible for child support for Gwen and Ysabel as well as Truely because they are still in college?

It depends on the state, but since the age of majority is 18 paying for college usually isn't required.

• Useful 5
40 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It depends on the state you live in.  In AZ I believe it stops at 18 &/or the child graduates high school.

• Useful 4

Found this:

In Arizona, support payments are made until the child is 18. If the child does not complete school by age 18, child support continues until he/she graduates from high school or turns 19, which ever comes first.

I don’t think there will be any filing for child support.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Why not? What about Truely and Savannah? Besides, they live in Utah now. 

Savanah is Janelle's girl.

I'd bet they have come to an agreement privately just so there won't be any court documents for the internet sleuths to find. Darn it!

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Savanah is Janelle's girl.

I'd bet they have come to an agreement privately just so there won't be any court documents for the internet sleuths to find. Darn it!

What if Christine is making more money than Kody! That would be amazing. I hope her show takes off and she gets invited to go on Dancing w/t Stars

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

What if Christine is making more money than Kody! That would be amazing. I hope her show takes off and she gets invited to go on Dancing w/t Stars

And even if she makes more money than Kody, since she has physical custody of Truely, Kody pays child support.

And that seems fair--you have to pay your underage childrens' expenses.  That is the cost of procreating.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Couldn't even bring myself to watch this last night. So the other wives seemed to blame Christine, so they could retain whatever status they have with Kody, although Kody is over plural marriage. Seems they are all in a good place to quit filming. I'm not going to watch Kody spend another season going thru some crisis of faith with his remaining barnacle wives propping him up  Move over Kate Gosselin, LOL. IF Christine agrees, maybe they can do a yearly update. It's the only way they will ever get participation from a majority of the adult kids.

p.s. Just reading the whole thread, and learned about a cooking show for Christine, so happy for her! For several seasons I have posted I suspected she has some "in" with production because of how great she always looked! And the last shot on tonite's show was of HER. Living well is the best revenge!

Let's all give Christine a big applause.. and she looks great (and happy).. FU Robin

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Interesting how they manage to keep this show going!  We had a couple seasons of Meri and Sam.  Then a couple of seasons of the big move.

This is Christine's season!

What will they come up with next?

I know!! I know!! Next season will deal with how they are going to divide the coyote pass land among the FOUR of them for the first half of the season. The second half will be Ariela's 6th birthday bash!

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

I wish we had more from these tell alls.. such as..

How do you justify not going to Ysobels surgery? Yet you went to a funeral with Janelle.

How do you justify having a Nanny? And What.Does.the.Nanny.Do?

Are you in love with ANY of your wives? 

Will you ever build on Coyote Pass?

Could you have dealt with Gabe and Garrisson better?

Also show some clips of him with Robyn that contradict and expose them and readers questions. 

Surely the older kids could have been interviewed as well.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I know!! I know!! Next season will deal with how they are going to divide the coyote pass land among the FOUR of them for the first half of the season. The second half will be Ariela's 6th birthday bash!

I think they'll take the first three episodes to just replay what happened this season- lots of recap footage and lots of TH segments where the remaining four give endless variations on "I'm still angry"(Kody), "It's an adjustment but I'm happy she's happy"(Janelle), "I'm still trying to take it all in"(Meri), and Robyn fake crying and making it all about her. The next four episodes will then do the deep-dive into the endlessly fascinating world of how to subdivide Coyote Pass..more sitting on lawn chairs and having pointless conversations about that. If they're picking up in 2021, then COVID isn't over yet, so that will buy them a couple more episodes where they can recap this season's Covid arguments, show more recaps, blah, blah, blah. That will leave a couple of episodes for all thingks related to poor Robyn's youngest children who don't remember their sibling's names anymore and that older kid from the former wife who just had a baby in Utah.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

So all the other wives ( though neither Janelle or Meri have a “ fully functioning” marriage) are taking the side of Kody. This for Christine must solidify the fact that she made the right decision. If you have no relationship other than anger & resentment with your husband & your supposed “sister wives” don’t have your back, what’s the point of staying? After Christine spent the greater part of her life raising everyone else’s children. Kody is just a very angry and unaware man. So funny that he thinks he doesn’t hold grudges.

Robyn is obviously not going to blame Kody, and if Meri allowed herself to verbalize an understanding of Christine’s position then she might have to face uncomfortable truths about her own marriage. Janelle didn’t seem to side with Kody at all. She was mostly neutral but did say she sees Christine as happier since the split. She also backed Christine up by saying Christine tried for a long time to keep the marriage together. 

• Love 12

The kids used to be part of the tell alls. But they are no longer tell alls. Probably because even TLC knew that they weren't telling anything let alone telling all. Now it just one on one. It's a joke that they spend 3 episodes rehashing the same old stuff. 

• Love 10