Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: Edible Derangements

• Start Topic

When Shannon invites the ladies over to her home for a luncheon, Dr. Jen reveals her marriage is struggling and looks to the women for advice. Emily and Noella clash unexpectedly when Emily questions some details about her divorce. Heather spends quality time with her family, while Gina notices that not everyone is supporting her brand new venture.

Original air date 2022.02.16

• Useful 2

Emily is shit stirring.  She also has messed her face up to the point, one of her eyes looks like a slash mark.  It makes me stabby.  It's mean how she's laying the ground work for a Gina/Shannon throw down, but that's what it looks like she's doing.  If anyone would be jealous of a Gina/Heather tight friendship, it would be Emily.  But Shannon was already pawing at the ground and Emily was thinking, damn I'm good. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Heather is the most wonderful parent ever and she’s self actualized - according to Heather.

I was being sarcastic but it is good that she is so supportive of her children and their sexual identity.

Very different from my experience where my dad decided I was unapoiled and my now hubby (of 27 years) and I should not be in the same room together, even though we were basically living together.. I was 30 at the time and divorced from a true SOB at the time.

I would take Heather’s parenting in that situation but I always feel she is just being performative.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I would take Heather’s parenting in that situation but I always feel she is just being performative.

You said it better than I did, but yes, this is the way I feel too.

I am very sorry you were treated that way by your father, Stats Queen.

• Like 1
  • Love 16

I don't mind kids being used for a story...the teens were a strong focus in the early seasons...but Heather just misses the mark..just like her acting career.

Noella and Heather have been bought into the housewife mix for one reason and one reason only....they make Shannon more likable in comparison.

Dr Jen is too needy.

Emily has pot stirring duty this week it appears.  

• Love 12

I suppose it's an unpopular opinion but admit I still feel like Heather is literally the most normal, healthy, likable person on the show.

(EDIT: I mean, maybe Gina; but was it my imagination but did she seem absent from this whole episode?)

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 1
  • Love 12
51 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Seems like Emily has been the pot stirrer in chief all season. She has never heard a negative or petty comment that she couldn't pass along to get the fight going. 

I still think the only reason Emily is still there is that they fired so many at once and, judging from the new additions they ended up with, the pickings were slim, so Emily, who looked Normal compared to Brownwind, Elizabeth and Kelly got to stay. I suspect she realizes it too,  because she seems really desperate this year to be relevant. It will be interesting if it wins her yet another season, because the "new girls" seem to be such duds. Noella may be crazier than Brownwind and Jen may actually be more boring than Emily. And then there's what's her name, that disappeared after a few episodes. Maybe she was just a "friend of" but so was Kathy Hilton, so obviously that can go a lot better than it did for her.

14 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I dont get her Shannon is Jello of me because Heather is my friend... I dont see her being jealous ..it kinda came out of nowhere .. Gina no one cares if you are better friends with Heather then Shannon is ....

Gina Cares😀

Edited by chlban
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4

I liked Heather's interaction with Jen and how she's trying to help her think things through regarding her marriage.  Everyone should have a friend like that.  Heather seems realistic about marriage and how it changes over time.  Maybe Heather should be a marriage counselor! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

When I look at Gina I do not see business power house or skin care expert...all these women go all in on trying to make money that they have to spend money, a lot of money to start then it flounders and we never hear about it again, it is like they are allergic to working a 9 to 5 job and would rather lose money instead.

I guess working a 9 to 5 would interfere with their prime job, which is being a RH?  But for real, I do not look at Gina and think WHAT AMAZING SKIN WHAT DOES SHE DO?  It seems like an odd choice.

• Love 18

3 hours ago, Lassus said:

I suppose it's an unpopular opinion but admit I still feel like Heather is literally the most normal, healthy, likable person on the show.

She is definitely playing that part.  She has written the script - her character is WEALTHY, buying and building huge houses all over the world, and she is a good mom who just wants her kids to be themselves.*  

I mean, give me a break.  Every move she makes her been orchestrated by her to push her narrative.  "Oh, I will take you all to Mexico on the private jet, just me being gracious and kind..." (Her plan was to get the cameras there so she could show off her plans to build a huge house on the beach)

* I do believe she wants her kids to be happy and she encourages them to be proud of their sexuality, but she is also basically exploiting them for her storyline

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I dont get her Shannon is Jello of me because Heather is my friend... I dont see her being jealous ..it kinda came out of nowhere .. Gina no one cares if you are better friends with Heather then Shannon is ....

I wanted Shannon to say, "why would I be jealous??  I am barely friends with Heather.  Are YOU jealous?  Gina is your best friend."  But of course, instead, she makes herself LOOK jealous by spiraling.  She needs to learn to keep her cool.  

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My guess is that Ryne has seen his wife drunk and wanting to talk a lot in their marriage, he knows whatever conversation they have will either become loud and ineffectual or completely forgotten the next day and he certainly does not want to be filmed while re enacting a scene from "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe." 

When I look at Gina I do not see business power house or skin care expert...all these women go all in on trying to make money that they have to spend money, a lot of money to start then it flounders and we never hear about it again, it is like they are allergic to working a 9 to 5 job and would rather lose money instead.

Haha - yes, I think Ryne is the only sane one on the show and prefers NOT to have a drunken fight for the cameras.

"I hope that was an empty bottle, George Ryne! You can't afford to waste good liquor, not on YOUR salary!"

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10

I don't think Shannon is jealous of Gina's friendship with Heather. I DO think Shannon is annoyed that Gina's making a move into the skin care game (I didn't even know Shannon had a skin care line. I only recall the restaurant that evolved into microwave meals, and of course the tinctures). That "oh wow, that's really great, yeah" at lunch said it all, and I don't think it was the micros because she's used that same deadpan, edge of sarcastic tone many times before.

I do think that Emily is jealous of Gina's friendship with Heather, and is siccing Shannon on Gina as revenge.

I think I might actually... like Heather again. Even though I have no idea what's real and what's an act with her, she does seem to have raised four genuinely good kids in spite of their parents' ridiculousness. Reminds me of RHOBH Kyle Richards.

"Punitive" is not an obscure word, Dr. Jen. I'm alarmed by how shallow and unintelligent this doctor seems to be.

Noella is not having it with Dr. Jen encroaching into her story arc. Too bad, thirsty lady.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 17
14 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

She is definitely playing that part.  She has written the script - her character is WEALTHY, buying and building huge houses all over the world, and she is a good mom who just wants her kids to be themselves.*  

I mean, give me a break.  Every move she makes her been orchestrated by her to push her narrative.  "Oh, I will take you all to Mexico on the private jet, just me being gracious and kind..." (Her plan was to get the cameras there so she could show off her plans to build a huge house on the beach)

- shrug - I don't see any compelling reason to think the worst about her every action.  

14 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

* I do believe she wants her kids to be happy and she encourages them to be proud of their sexuality, but she is also basically exploiting them for her storyline

The entire scope of the Housewives franchise would like a word with you.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

(EDIT: I mean, maybe Gina; but was it my imagination but did she seem absent from this whole episode?)

Agreed

• Love 5

I agree that Emily is the pot-stirring in chief but it only makes me like her more.  I like her because she knows what she is doing, does it with glee and then acknowledges that it what she is doing.  Compared to Shannon and Kyle from BH who do the whole "who me???" b.s.  

• Love 11

I enjoyed Emily blowing up at Noella. I would have done the same. After listening to a narcissist always having to make every conversation about them, always having to command an audience and not listening or caring about anybody else in the room is exhausting and sometimes you just can't take it anymore and the only way they will listen is if you lose your shit on them. I speak from experience. Hello, SIL!  So, GO Emily!! The rest of her shit stirring I'm not here for. Stop trying to make a Shannon/Gina/Heather triangle where there isn't one.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 22
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I enjoyed Emily blowing up at Noella. I would have done the same. After listening to a narcissist always having to make every conversation about them, always having to command an audience and not listening or caring about anybody else in the room is exhausting and sometimes you just can't take it anymore and the only way they will listen is if you lose your shit on them. I speak from experience. Hello, SIL!  So, GO Emily!! The rest of her shit stirring I'm not here for. Stop trying to make a Shannon/Gina/Heather triangle where there isn't one.  

Immediately before Emily blew up, I said out loud, "geez, asshole (Noella), it is not about you right now". So, thank you Emily. 

Edited by tvfanatic13
  • Love 11

I agree with every negative thing said about Noella, she's awful.  Everything she said in response to whatsername about her marriage troubles was mostly selfish and entirely stupid.

That being said, on a micro level, they got annoyed with her for being annoyed with THEM that she wasn't allowed to even finish her sentence.  Which, well, was an accurate frustration of Noella's.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 6

Here's the answer to everyone's burning question (heavy sarcasm), and a link to Gina's website.  I'm guessing Gina went to a private label manufacturer and paid them to put some of their stock products into CaraGala packaging.

"The name CaraGala embodies Co-Founder, Gina Kirschenheiter’s own journey in reclaiming skin confidence after moving from New York, "The Big Apple" (Gala Apples), to Orange County, California (Cara Cara Oranges) and the impact the contrasting environments and life’s everyday stress had on her skin."

https://www.caragala.com

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My guess is that Ryne has seen his wife drunk and wanting to talk a lot in their marriage, he knows whatever conversation they have will either become loud and ineffectual or completely forgotten the next day and he certainly does not want to be filmed while re enacting a scene from "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe." 

Shannon is not jealous of Heather's relationship with Gina, she might be jealous of the camera time but she knows their friendship will end soon enough like when the cameras are off.

Could someone please count the amount of skin care lines created by past and current housewives. I would do it but I do not think I can count that high.

Noella was called out for bringing up her divorce and the fact that her facts change often, Emily should cross examine her at every gathering, I would enjoy that.

Heather and her acceptance of her children's sexuality is great, she probably had a lot of time to understand and discuss things with them. I know in my family my sister's coming out was no big deal, my mother told me she knew something was up since my sister was in kindergarten that she was not in to boys (this was the very early 60's), I am sure Heather must have known about her kids early on too.

Why has Emily turned in to the town crier? Has she no story since her husband passed the much lowered bar?

I though Emily was lawyer as well? and if she why isn't she working, or is this shit show her job?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I agree. She was all slurry and ready to dive into-probably, yet another-‘what about me?!’ speech and he wanted to stop it before it started. Does she ever acknowledge how hard he works? Maybe he’s feeling like she looks down on him because he’s a stay at home dad? Many, many moms have felt like their labors weren’t valued because they don’t earn a paycheck. She seems to need a lot of reassuring and maybe never gave as good as she got, and he’s sick of it. Who knows?  But, shes boring, sorry.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

A time honored practice of RH slapping  their name on crap (wine, skin care, clothes, lipstick etc...) to make some money.  The only exceptions I can think are Bethenny who created her own business (but made RH a huge part of it) and then sold it,  the Vickster who had her own insurance thing already going (although out of a home office) when the show started, and Kandi who not only had a songwriting career always but has since created numerous successful ventures with her husband (restaurants, shows, sex toys...).  There may be a few more, these are off the top of my head. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, Ss55 said:

Stoned Heather & Shannon for the win. And also…I don’t think Shannon was acting jealous about Gina’s skincare. She was HIGH.

Emily’s really trying to stay relevant with her middle school behavior.

That's exactly what I was thinking...Emily is acting like some mean girl 8th grader. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

A time honored practice of RH slapping  their name on crap (wine, skin care, clothes, lipstick etc...) to make some money.  The only exceptions I can think are Bethenny who created her own business (but made RH a huge part of it) and then sold it,  the Vickster who had her own insurance thing already going (although out of a home office) when the show started, and Kandi who not only had a songwriting career always but has since created numerous successful ventures with her husband (restaurants, shows, sex toys...).  There may be a few more, these are off the top of my head. 

Tamra opened up a gym; Teresa Guidice "wrote" cookbooks and sold booze; Gretchen sold handbags; Lynn Curtin sold handmade leather cuff bracelets; Ramona sold wine and skin care products; Sonja Morgan had her own clothing line and toaster ovens; Bethanny Frankel sells "Skinny Girl" everything and the list goes on and on....

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Oy...Jen! That dress she wore to the casual dinner with two other women was so over the top. Her boobs were almost popping out. She goes to every event or dinner/lunch in a cleavage baring top or dress. What is with these women and their boobs on display constantly? We get it...you've got big boobs! Now put them away and wear more age appropriate clothing for an adult woman who is trained professional instead of looking like Pam Anderson in a sex tape.

Edited by Hedgehog2022
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

I don’t think Shannon is actually jealous of Gina but I do think that if Shannon really puts her mind to it she can work up jealousy towards a street urchin in a Dickens novel.

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2

Everything about Noella irritates me.  She reminds me of Olive Oyl (Popeye’s girlfriend)

Emily has so much filler in her cheeks, her eyes are just slits.

Hope things liven up because this episode was boring 💤💤

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Tamra opened up a gym; Teresa Guidice "wrote" cookbooks and sold booze; Gretchen sold handbags; Lynn Curtin sold handmade leather cuff bracelets; Ramona sold wine and skin care products; Sonja Morgan had her own clothing line and toaster ovens; Bethanny Frankel sells "Skinny Girl" everything and the list goes on and on....

Didn’t Tre have a hair care line named after Milania for a few seconds?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Vickie and Tamara attempted to sell Wine with Wives and Vickie tried to sell Vickie's Vodka. Luann sold melamine dishes on QVC and clothes on Evine live. Isn't this the first time that we have heard about Shannon having a skin care line? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I don’t think that Heather is playing a role. She doesn’t need this TV show and I think she wouldn’t hesitate tell them to all F off and leave if she wanted to. On the other hand, Shannon has lost two of her three amigas and seems desperate to bring back Fun Shannon.  She’ll grab onto any piece of flotsam and jetsam floating by i.e. Noella, Emily, etc. to hold onto her orange.

• Love 8

Heather and Terry come off as fake in their family scenes. Pretending to do gardening while having a scripted conversation with Kat to show what a loving, supportive parent she is. Yet, her 14 year old has unsupervised videos that she is posting from her bedroom to social media. Heather has absolutely no idea what she posts on her accounts or what the websites are about. Who knows where else or what else she is posting. Not her parents.  They seem totally checked out as parents. The girls hate each other. Everyone has their own section of the house and seem to barely interact. Just give them the newest gadgets and leave them alone. See you in a couple of months for our next family meal at a restaurant.  Kat seemed so happy to have five minutes of Heather's attention when they were doing their talking heads together. 

Max seems maybe upset that Kat is taking from her storyline this season. Like wait until next season when she's away at college. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

I know Heather is an upright snob but I kind of liked her this episode. I thought she was cute with her daughter. Maybe I’m just a sucker but it seemed genuine to me.

Gina needs to chill. She’s getting a big head. No one cares about you being friends with Heather. It’s actually kind of a boring friendship to watch. I mean is it even really a friendship lol. Also another skin care line? Pls do these housewives not get it we don’t care about your stupid products. There’s so many skincare products out there who is telling Gina this is a good idea. Her bf also seems kind of like a dud.

Noella is just annoying. Just stop talking and go away.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Oy...Jen! That dress she wore to the casual dinner with two other women was so over the top. Her boobs were almost popping out. She goes to every event or dinner/lunch in a cleavage baring top or dress. What is with these women and their boobs on display constantly? We get it...you've got big boobs! Now put them away and wear more age appropriate clothing for an adult woman who is trained professional instead of looking like Pam Anderson in a sex tape.

I find the boob-baring to be not as bad on this franchise as it is in others, and in each franchise, it's usually only two or three of the cast.  The exception to that is Atlanta, where NOT baring your cleavage is an anomaly.

I was thinking about this last night, too, because really, with the exception of Shannon and Heather, the other women are all guilty of this, and it really is not a good look, imo.

Remember the early days of RHOC, when Jeanna, Vicki, Lauri, et. al were obsessed with with those Sky [brand] halter tops?  I'd take those over all these too small, too tight dresses these women seem to favor.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Marley said:

I know Heather is an upright snob but I kind of liked her this episode. I thought she was cute with her daughter. Maybe I’m just a sucker but it seemed genuine to me.

Gina needs to chill. She’s getting a big head. No one cares about you being friends with Heather. It’s actually kind of a boring friendship to watch. I mean is it even really a friendship lol. Also another skin care line? Pls do these housewives not get it we don’t care about your stupid products. There’s so many skincare products out there who is telling Gina this is a good idea. Hwr bf also seems kind of like a dud.

Noella is just annoying. Just stop talking and go away.

I sort of felt sorry for Heather's daughter Kat. I get the sense that she might have felt it would be easier to come out since her sister did and got a lot of positive attention and support from the family and her friends. Since her sister is 18 and mature enough to handle this kind of spotlight I think Heather thought it would be similar for 15 year old Kat. Personally, I would not want a 15 year old to come out so publicly on a national TV show. Being 15 is alot different then being 17 turning 18 in a few months. The social circles of girls that age are very hard for alot of girls to navigate...alienation, trolling and bullying is common in that age group....online and in person. Max is 18 and leaving for college...she's already established herself in her own social circle. Kat seems like a quiet, nice girl who is sensitive and introspective. I think I would have not put her on national TV to out herself. Not at this age. I also felt badly for her for the way Max was treating her. I think she enjoyed the spotlight on herself and was a tad bit ticked off that her little sister came out publicly so soon after she did.

I must say it is a bit unusual for two children in a family to come out as gay or bi. I did know a family that had two daughters and a son that came out and a few years later the mother and father came out as identifying as gay...the parents divorced and the girls left home and never came back. The son moved to San Francisco and died of AIDS in the 80's. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, teapot said:

Kind of surprised the edibles kicked in so fast!

In my experience I’ve read that it takes around 45 minutes.

Kat Dubrow is a spectacular young lady. 

it was most likely an act. They were probably told to take a bite and then act silly and high and Bravo threw in the distorted voices. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6