Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: Edible Derangements

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I sort of felt sorry for Heather's daughter Kat. I get the sense that she might have felt it would be easier to come out since her sister did and got a lot of positive attention and support from the family and her friends. Since her sister is 18 and mature enough to handle this kind of spotlight I think Heather thought it would be similar for 15 year old Kat. Personally, I would not want a 15 year old to come out so publicly on a national TV show. Being 15 is alot different then being 17 turning 18 in a few months. The social circles of girls that age are very hard for alot of girls to navigate...alienation, trolling and bullying is common in that age group....online and in person. Max is 18 and leaving for college...she's already established herself in her own social circle. Kat seems like a quiet, nice girl who is sensitive and introspective. I think I would have not put her on national TV to out herself. Not at this age. I also felt badly for her for the way Max was treating her. I think she enjoyed the spotlight on herself and was a tad bit ticked off that her little sister came out publicly so soon after she did.

I must say it is a bit unusual for two children in a family to come out as gay or bi. I did know a family that had two daughters and a son that came out and a few years later the mother and father came out as identifying as gay...the parents divorced and the girls left home and never came back. The son moved to San Francisco and died of AIDS in the 80's. 

I had a neighbor that was gay as was her older sister and brother. 3 kids, all gay. Parents were divorced, but straight.

49 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Noella is just so......Noella

Batshit crazy.

• Love 6

Isn’t Heather just the best mom of a gay child in the whole wide world? At least Heathers kids aren’t as obnoxious as the gross Brownwind kids.  Max seems a bit obnoxious but Kat seems sweet.I think Max is jealous because she’s kind of unfortunate looking and Kats quite pretty.

The jealousy story is so dumb but I guess it’s better than Nutella talking about stacks of vajajays which I never ever needed to know about. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

I don’t think that Heather is playing a role. She doesn’t need this TV show and I think she wouldn’t hesitate tell them to all F off and leave if she wanted to. On the other hand, Shannon has lost two of her three amigas and seems desperate to bring back Fun Shannon.  She’ll grab onto any piece of flotsam and jetsam floating by i.e. Noella, Emily, etc. to hold onto her orange.

She needs this show for exposure, she needs the national audience for her overpriced HGTV products and her podcast.  No way do people seek her out in large numbers if she is not on the show, and she realized that.

15 hours ago, JKL845 said:

Heather and Terry come off as fake in their family scenes. Pretending to do gardening while having a scripted conversation with Kat to show what a loving, supportive parent she is. Yet, her 14 year old has unsupervised videos that she is posting from her bedroom to social media. Heather has absolutely no idea what she posts on her accounts or what the websites are about. Who knows where else or what else she is posting. Not her parents.  They seem totally checked out as parents. The girls hate each other. Everyone has their own section of the house and seem to barely interact. Just give them the newest gadgets and leave them alone. See you in a couple of months for our next family meal at a restaurant.  Kat seemed so happy to have five minutes of Heather's attention when they were doing their talking heads together. 

Max seems maybe upset that Kat is taking from her storyline this season. Like wait until next season when she's away at college. 

That was so ridiculous.

I am sure Heather panicked when Kat was getting anxious at the dinner because her sister is always commenting on her food... that is a weird thing for Max to be "always" commenting on.

Oh and Heather to the waiter, "thank you Max!" after he took the order... so she lets everyone know that she is there all the time!  She even knows all of the waiters.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

it was most likely an act. They were probably told to take a bite and then act silly and high and Bravo threw in the distorted voices. 

Those distorted voices and wavy filming really bothered me.  I mean, they each had a tiny bite of a micro edible - it's not like they were dropping acid/LSD and tripping out.  

Sometimes, I think production takes things too far.  It was ridiculous.

And, I agree - it probably was an act that was encouraged by production.

• Love 12

I think the Dubrow's are angling for a spin-off focused on their family.  I usually am annoyed/have no interest in the kids and teens who show up on these shows, but Kat seemed positively delightful and grounded.  I've seen Max for about two minutes on screen and I don't need to see anymore.  

I want to reach through the screen and smack Noella every time she does that dumb head cocked, pursued mouth, lips open, questioning look of confusion.  Ugh!!  Girlfriend, I can't help but think that every single interaction you have with another human ends up the same way.  You piss them off and then cock your head in that, "what did I do??" simpleton look.  When are you going to realize that it's not other people having the problem, it's YOU??!!

Emily was 100% correct in calling her out for talking about herself so much.  She was just so inarticulate about it.  This woman is a lawyer?  Just get straight to the point!  It's not about not ever sharing about yourself, it's about giving others a chance to, not interjecting, and simply listening.  Noella seems completely incapable of doing this.  

• Love 13

Sorry to see that Noella does seem to be somewhat certifiable. I was hoping that her calling people out in the beginning was a sign that she would continue to bust them. Instead she's just all about herself and gets so riled up that she doesn't seem capable of even listening to others while she's screaming at them. I wouldn't be surprised if Emily and Gina are both in on the "Shannon looks jealous" storyline. What better way to keep them on the good side of Heather and make Shannon the story instead of them. Heather and Shannon need to share the edibles to keep us watching...

Edited by NJbutNoHousewife
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 2/16/2022 at 10:44 PM, Medium said:

Heather's family dinner (again with the Nobu, pretentious show-off) is so staged.  Poor Kat, Heather shuts her feelings down because She Understands Teens.

She is so accepting of her LBGTQ kids, y'all.  Did you know this about her?  I hope she really is, but putting it on camera every other second seems like she is using the kids as a storyline. 

5 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I think the Dubrow's are angling for a spin-off focused on their family.  I usually am annoyed/have no interest in the kids and teens who show up on these shows, but Kat seemed positively delightful and grounded.  I've seen Max for about two minutes on screen and I don't need to see anymore.  

I don't want to be dismissively cynical about this, but I'm kind of shocked at the outpouring of accolades Heather has received for being such an awesome mom. The children are well-tended to (mostly by staff for the day-to-day needs), well-educated, and (I believe) watched over and loved by their parents. But Heather spent every previous season addressing how the family could never be all together because Terry was never there. Suddenly family dinners are frequent and every other scene features the kids and their concerns (and gardening??). Max is so accomplished she got a book & podcast on her own (no) Shannon came after Heather's family (she didn't) and the children absolutely need a mansion retreat outside of this country for proper get-togethers (they don't). A family-relationship focused talk show/book/something income generating is most certainly in the works, @Kiki620.

I'm glad things aren't like they were when I was growing up, but my aging butt has a tiny problem with discussing one's relatively young daughters' sexuality with the world. Heather & Terry are established, wealthy and protected. I may be overly cautious but I think Max & Kat don't have a full understanding of what it does to expose one aspect of your personal life with millions of people who don't know you. Give them an opportunity to grow into their own lives.

Come at me if this sounds awful but I just think this was an opportunistic, short-sighted move on Heather's part.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:31 AM, chlban said:

I still think the only reason Emily is still there is that they fired so many at once and, judging from the new additions they ended up with, the pickings were slim, so Emily, who looked Normal compared to Brownwind, Elizabeth and Kelly got to stay. I suspect she realizes it too,  because she seems really desperate this year to be relevant. It will be interesting if it wins her yet another season, because the "new girls" seem to be such duds. Noella may be crazier than Brownwind and Jen may actually be more boring than Emily. 

Emily just LOVES a performative exit filled with faux outrage, Jen seemingly could not give a rip about her family life. Noella won't let us forget the demise of her marriage but fails to mention it only lasted a year and that James' first marriage was in 2017 so if Noella & James were together five years (per Noella) the math ain't mathing.

They are all terrible and can almost make one miss Vicki. Almost.

On 2/17/2022 at 2:25 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Here's the answer to everyone's burning question (heavy sarcasm), and a link to Gina's website.  I'm guessing Gina went to a private label manufacturer and paid them to put some of their stock products into CaraGala packaging.

"The name CaraGala embodies Co-Founder, Gina Kirschenheiter’s own journey in reclaiming skin confidence after moving from New York, "The Big Apple" (Gala Apples), to Orange County, California (Cara Cara Oranges) and the impact the contrasting environments and life’s everyday stress had on her skin."

https://www.caragala.com

I went from not thinking about this at all to obsessively wondering if that's the genesis of the name shouldn't it be GalaCara?? Or was that name already taken by another illustrious brand?

Also, Gina? Heather is being nice to you bc she knows "your" skincare line will go nowhere. 

Edited by chick binewski
tequila
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
56 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I went from not thinking about this at all to obsessively wondering if that's the genesis of the name shouldn't it be GalaCara??

Now that you mention it, why yes, yes it should.  For that matter, shouldn't it really be GalaCaraCara, or at the very least CaraCaraGala??  Apples, oranges, New York, California, I see what she's attempting with this branding, but it's seems very disjointed somehow and really lame.  Perhaps edibles were at play when she had this fruity epiphany, really had the munchies, and just took it too far.  😵😎😉🍎🍊👍 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

CaraGala is the dumbest name for a skincare line. Sounds more like it's for a new, cross pollinated fruit! Who advises these people? (And here I thought Gretchen Christine Beaute was the worst) ...ok Apples to Oranges would've been cute, but for a kitchen gadget line, or mail-order dried fruit snacks in the perfect package size for kid lunchboxes or something. Maybe even a line of posture correcting body wear!

It makes me really mad...that we moved out of Calif just before pot became legal! I'd love to try it for pain and anxiety. Sounds like pot has come a long way from my teenage experiment days and I'd love to get a chance to revisit it.

Noella is so rude and is such a monologuer. Does she even stop to breathe? Emily couldn't get a word in edgewise, Noella just talked over her. 

Emily and Gina trying to put Shannon on the jealousy throne was just silly. Imo, EMILY is the one who's very jealous of Gina and Heather's "friendship". Don't worry, Emily, you'll get your friend back soon enough.

I agree, @chick binewski, a teen's sexuality shouldn't be used for ratings or a storyline. 

Heather claiming self-actulalization, lmao. More like self-image actualized.

Jen doesn't know the word punitive? Emily didn't know a common word -was it in an episode? WWHL?-can't remember what word it was now. It surprises me considering how educated both these women are.

Jen doesn't seem like she even wants to be on the show, so why did she take the job? She's quite the Debbie Downer.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

It makes me really mad...that we moved out of Calif just before pot became legal! I'd love to try it for pain and anxiety. Sounds like pot has come a long way from my teenage experiment days and I'd love to get a chance to revisit it.

Come to Washington.  Yes, it's changed and yes it's great for pain and Covid anxiety.   The edibles have come a long way from the pot brownies we made in college.  😉  Even my 80 year old father uses it to help with appetite during chemo. 

1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Jen doesn't seem like she even wants to be on the show, so why did she take the job? She's quite the Debbie Downer.

I know!  Another trainwreck marriage about to implode, seems to be an annual RH newbie staple.  She's a self proclaimed workaholic who wishes she had more time for her kids so she takes on a project like this???  I'm guessing she thought it would raise her business profile and grow her practice.  It might but at what cost? 

• Love 8
On 2/17/2022 at 1:25 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Here's the answer to everyone's burning question (heavy sarcasm), and a link to Gina's website.  I'm guessing Gina went to a private label manufacturer and paid them to put some of their stock products into CaraGala packaging.

"The name CaraGala embodies Co-Founder, Gina Kirschenheiter’s own journey in reclaiming skin confidence after moving from New York, "The Big Apple" (Gala Apples), to Orange County, California (Cara Cara Oranges) and the impact the contrasting environments and life’s everyday stress had on her skin."

https://www.caragala.com

O.M.G.  That shit will sell out in YEARS.....

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I kind of wish things were more like this when I was growing up. Maybe I wouldn't have felt ashamed of who I was and wouldn't have contemplated suicide, like so many closeted queer teens at the time did (and even those were brave enough to come out). And maybe other parents wouldn't have felt ashamed of having queer kids had they had more examples of families that were accepting of their kids.

Whatever the reason, it's never a bad thing to have positive representation. Yes, Heather and her family do have protections of wealth and celebrity that most people never will have, but again, seeing queer teens being accepted and supported by their parents is never a bad thing.

So true. My BFF's son and his partner have been together for 12 years, since College, and his partners parents did not even see him for 6 of those years after he came out to them. Even now, they refuse to see Taylor, his partner. They will invite him for Christmas dinner, but he must come alone. Meanwhile my BFF's family has accepted and loved him as their own, thankfully.  She refers to them as "my boys" and attends gay pride events with them, yet every holiday he has to choose between his family and Taylor's. It is very sad. Heather is, at least, setting a good example as a parent.

• Love 8

Everything about heather is planned and inorganic. When the kids got tetchy at the dinner she quickly reeled it in because having some authentic family argument and not the 'issue' they had preplanned would have been horrible. Heather might be a failed actress in real life but she's a shrewd business woman. She doesn't give a flying F about any of these women especially Gina its just about about getting a large platform to sell things. CEO Dubrow.

Emily needs to reduce the botox and the turn the tanner dial down a notch from tandoori.

Gina's skin care with the obligatory fugly skin photo and assertion that she DiD hER rESeaRcH - sppppaaaaaaaarrrreeee meeeeee 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, ladypoodle said:

Everything about heather is planned and inorganic. When the kids got tetchy at the dinner she quickly reeled it in because having some authentic family argument and not the 'issue' they had preplanned would have been horrible. Heather might be a failed actress in real life but she's a shrewd business woman. She doesn't give a flying F about any of these women especially Gina its just about about getting a large platform to sell things. CEO Dubrow.

Emily needs to reduce the botox and the turn the tanner dial down a notch from tandoori.

Gina's skin care with the obligatory fugly skin photo and assertion that she DiD hER rESeaRcH - sppppaaaaaaaarrrreeee meeeeee 

I think Heather just sees this as another acting gig.

But my mother also would’ve shut shit down if my brother and I decided to start something in a public place.

That was just NOT done. 

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 9

One thing : PLEASE, Noella, STOP using that "Gemini" Excuse ! I'm offended, in the name of all Gemini that are NOT like you ! If you've got a problem with everyone, it's because YOU are the problem, not because you are a Gemini. Thank you. And YES, I made this about me, but I AM AWARE of it, lol !

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
On 2/16/2022 at 9:34 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Heather sitting there with that look like Least she's not coming at me this time . ... lol 

Heather sitting there with that look like she smells dog shit.  I can't stand that woman!  

On 2/18/2022 at 9:08 AM, MaggieG said:

Noella is just so......Noella

Noella is Sohella!  See what I did there. 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, goofygirl said:

At least Heather has admitted to liking something besides "CHAMPS"....  That saying of her just about makes me not like CHAMPS because she calls it that!  So dumb.

I'm jealous I can't microdose in Texas!  

I don't get this microdosing.  I would go macrodosing myself.  Go big or go home!

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't get this microdosing.  I would go macrodosing myself.  Go big or go home!

I’m with you. 

I find it hard to believe that micro-dosing would have little effect on helping with Shannon or Heather relaxing and chilling. Mucho macrodosing might work (but Shannon might become paranoid…)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 2/16/2022 at 10:44 PM, Medium said:

She is so accepting of her LBGTQ kids, y'all.  Did you know this about her?  I hope she really is, but putting it on camera every other second seems like she is using the kids as a storyline. 

Howives, please do not use your kids as a storyline.  Thank you

Yes...yes. The timelessness of Chanel with the modernity of multiple LGBTQ+ children. Not the kids' fault but something strikes me off here.

• Love 3
On 2/17/2022 at 6:11 PM, Pattycake2 said:

I don’t think that Heather is playing a role. She doesn’t need this TV show and I think she wouldn’t hesitate tell them to all F off and leave if she wanted to. On the other hand, Shannon has lost two of her three amigas and seems desperate to bring back Fun Shannon.  She’ll grab onto any piece of flotsam and jetsam floating by i.e. Noella, Emily, etc. to hold onto her orange.

I am not convinced that they don’t need the money. The DuBrows spend a lot of money. They don’t need money the way the rest of us do but I can see them being cash poor at times due to their real estate.

• Love 3
On 2/17/2022 at 1:59 PM, bosawks said:

I don’t think Shannon is actually jealous of Gina but I do think that if Shannon really puts her mind to it she can work up jealousy towards a street urchin in a Dickens novel.

I agree. Shannon is sort of jealous by nature. I don’t think she was this time particularly, but she has a lot of envy in her. Shannon never strikes me as being truly happy for other people. Its so often seems to be tinged with a healthy dose of “poor Shannon.” 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 2/17/2022 at 7:57 AM, Lassus said:

I suppose it's an unpopular opinion but admit I still feel like Heather is literally the most normal, healthy, likable person on the show.

(EDIT: I mean, maybe Gina; but was it my imagination but did she seem absent from this whole episode?)

Same! Heather is generally well-mannered and likable to me. I agree about Gina as well. 

On 2/17/2022 at 7:59 PM, Marley said:

I know Heather is an upright snob but I kind of liked her this episode. I thought she was cute with her daughter. Maybe I’m just a sucker but it seemed genuine to me.

Same. I like how supportive Heather and Terry are of their children. 

On 2/17/2022 at 9:05 AM, tvfanatic13 said:

Say what you will, but I truly believe that the Dubrows are good parents. I really liked their family scenes last night. 

Now I want an edible....

I believe so too. Maybe I also like Terry because he is an intelligent guy and doesn't have the sleaziness so many of the husbands in this franchise have. 

On 2/19/2022 at 12:10 AM, Hiyo said:

I kind of wish things were more like this when I was growing up. Maybe I wouldn't have felt ashamed of who I was and wouldn't have contemplated suicide, like so many closeted queer teens at the time did (and even those were brave enough to come out). And maybe other parents wouldn't have felt ashamed of having queer kids had they had more examples of families that were accepting of their kids.

Whatever the reason, it's never a bad thing to have positive representation. Yes, Heather and her family do have protections of wealth and celebrity that most people never will have, but again, seeing queer teens being accepted and supported by their parents is never a bad thing.

100% First of all, I'm so sorry you went through that Hiyo. Big hug.

I don't have kids nor went through what you did, but that's how I see it. The more accepting and open all of us are, the easier it will be for all LGBTQ+ kids and adults. If the Dubrows were to say, well we love you kids but let's keep this private, that has to be damaging imo. I think it's great they truly support their kids and are proud of them. The positive representation is great. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 2