Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E20: Memorial Meltdown

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, laprin said:

I assume some congregants stayed home due to the pandemic. Isn’t Mary still doing her church podcast?

I don’t know if we saw enough to be able to classify Mary’s church as a cult. I’ve attended many church services, including TD Jakes’ church, in which there was a lot of deference to the pastor. Also, fanning someone is a “thing” in many Black churches. It’s a sign that a person is “on fire.”  My only issue was that these church members clearly get a different Mary than the one we see. I find Mary to be one of the meanest Housewives of any franchise. She’s just an unkind person. 

Calling someone "perfect" and praising their fashion in a church service? Even in the bible it tells you that NO man is perfect ... it did point to the rumors that they treat her as a vessel of GOD (which Eh if they read their bible is NO)

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Calling someone "perfect" and praising their fashion in a church service? Even in the bible it tells you that NO man is perfect ... it did point to the rumors that they treat her as a vessel of GOD (which Eh if they read their bible is NO)

Yep.  All I saw was a bunch of people breaking the first commandment, while Mary danced around shouting and breaking the third.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

I think where it all went wrong was Lisa said, Oh, I’m so sorry to be bothering you today. Get back to your family! Meredith didn’t correct her and say, I’m not with my family any more. I’m in Vail. Meredith just went along with the idea of “going back to her family” in what I can only presume was a rush to get off the phone and into the bubble bath. 😉

How about this scenario (I’m sitting in for one of the women, maybe Heather):

Lisa is so upset with Meredith because she was covering for her on that phone call - Meredith had left the memorial service and was now in a bubble bath with the New Yorker she shares with Jen. Lisa could clear everything up, but she’s tired of covering for her NY whoring friend who never has her back. lol

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

All that screaming and fighting is getting unbearable to watch. 
I really long for the days of season one of the OC housewives (which started the franchises) with everyone being friends, shopping and going on trips. 

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I really long for the days of season one of the OC housewives (which started the franchises) with everyone being friends, shopping and going on trips. 

Same here. I loved watching them show off their lavish lifestyles, spending ridiculous amounts of money on silly things, and funny and lightly shady shenanigans. I hate watching all the yelling and screaming. 

• Love 13

I've only watched to see Mary and Jen get their comeuppance. Of course, like RHoBH, Bravo's cash cows will be protected as long as possible. At this point I can monitor entertainment news instead of suffering through all of the fishwife screeching.

Also, at least four of them were almost laughing, clearly signaling that these fights are scripted, allowing them to act like drunken lunatics while collecting a fat paycheck. Jen in particular is relieved whenever the focus is not on that nasty little business with the feds.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’ll have to rewatch, but I thought she said Mary’s fashion was perfect, not Mary. Seemed she was saying that specifically because Mary’s fashions have been criticized on social media. 

By the way, where was Mary’s husband? I never see him among the congregation. Mary’s son looked completely unimpressed with the devotion shown her. I could see an eyeroll being suppressed. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Whitney is trash for what she said to Meredith about knowing that her father is resting while Whitney's father is still alive.

Whitney is for many reasons.

Speaking of Whitney and trash, does she know what an analogy is?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I think where it all went wrong was Lisa said, Oh, I’m so sorry to be bothering you today. Get back to your family! Meredith didn’t correct her and say, I’m not with my family any more. I’m in Vail. Meredith just went along with the idea of “going back to her family” in what I can only presume was a rush to get off the phone and into the bubble bath. 😉

But ... in the grand scheme of things, what difference do semantics make when a) Meredith is grieving the loss of here father, and b) Lisa and Meredith have been friends for 10 yrs – at what point does advancing a reality tv plot eclipse a friendship?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I was watching this show in a hotel room last night. I kept turning down the volume  because I was afraid someone would bang on the door and ask me what was going on.  Bravo needs to chnge the title of these shows to The Screaming Houswives instead of The Real Housewives. I think Beverly HIlls is the only one without the screaming. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

No one was speculating Meredith's father's death. They were speculating the timing of the memorial. There is a difference. And with Meredith giving two of the women different days/times of said memorial, and her conveniently not being on the bus when authorities came for Jen, yeah... it's worth questioning. 

Meredith overreacting and refusing to answer makes her look like she's lying. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I've only watched to see Mary and Jen get their comeuppance. Of course, like RHoBH, Bravo's cash cows will be protected as long as possible. At this point I can monitor entertainment news instead of suffering through all of the fishwife screeching.

Also, at least four of them were almost laughing, clearly signaling that these fights are scripted, allowing them to act like drunken lunatics while collecting a fat paycheck. Jen in particular is relieved whenever the focus is not on that nasty little business with the feds.

I noticed that several times, especially with Lisa, Heather and Whitney.  I don't know if it was because Whitney was so drunk, but the other two definitely had to hide their faces because of their smirks or giggles or whatever.

Lisa's faux crying is really starting to get to me, too....if she's going to start crying at every perceived outrage or insult, she needs to take some better acting classes, or start carrying around essence of onion to at least bring on some kind of tears!  

• Love 9

Assuming these women knew Meredith's father's name, they could have googled and found an obituary to end the never-ending "what day was the memorial" debate. 

And was Mary just hanging out in the kitchen the entire time the nighttime crazy was happening?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

No one was speculating Meredith's father's death. They were speculating the timing of the memorial. There is a difference. And with Meredith giving two of the women different days/times of said memorial, and her conveniently not being on the bus when authorities came for Jen, yeah... it's worth questioning. 

Maybe it’s just me but honestly who cares? If my friend’s father dies and the date of the memorial service (that I’m not going to anyway) is off from when she originally told me then that’s nothing off my back. Meredith doesn’t owe them a thing, especially about her whereabouts in mourning her father. 

I know for the show it drives a plot line but in “real life”, I find it hard to see friends fixating over things like this. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, funnygirl said:

"Conveniently not being on the bus." What?! No matter what date she gave, she wouldn't have been there. Why would Meredith go from Aspen back to Salt Lake City for a 7 hour bus ride to Vail when Aspen to Vail is about 2 hours? She was never going to ride the bus. Making a big deal about the date was nonsense. Also, colloquial speech is that the whole time you're gone for an event is considered the event. If I go to a friend's wedding, my whole time there, I'm there for my friend's wedding, not just the hours I'm at the venue. 

Also, Heather's father worked for the FBI for 20 years. How do we know that she didn't report Jen? Why else would she stick by Jen's side after being called an ogre, a manatee, Shrek and Jen getting physical? It's convenient that the authorities arrived at Beauty Lab. One could just as easily say that Heather has been helping to drive the narrative that Meredith avoided a sprinter van ride and lied about the memorial in order to place herself above suspicion. Who knows what G-Man contacts she has!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

Whitney seems like the most annoying drunk. Her stupid questions that she asks 500 million times and her annoying voice ugh. Just shut up who cares that Meredith wasn’t on the bus. Even if Meredith did report Jen which I don’t really believe or care if she did it doesn’t mean the FBI is going to be like omg Meredith Marks said Jen Shah is guilty well better go arrest her now. That’s not how it works. Also so many ppl would’ve known they were getting on that bus that day.

Altho I still don’t like Meredith or get annoying creepy family. Her husband is the worst. Someone said he is the SLC version of Michael Darby from Potomac lol.

Also seeing some of Mary’s church just proved even more how fucked up it is abs how fucked up Mary is. She’s a criminal too just in a different way then Jen.

I once went to a church like Mary’s when I was a kid and it was even more fucked up then what we saw on the show. Yikes.

• Love 6

Although I’m not a big Meredith fan, (she’s a whore who f#cked half of New York after all) she didn’t owe  the annoying voiced Whitney an explanation of what day her father’s memorial was on.  Whitney looks and sounds like trash. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 11

Mary is absolutely bizarre.  Was it this episode where Meredith is trying to be “done” with the drama and goes in her room and shuts the door and Mary keeps wanting to be let in?  It seems like Meredith knew she wouldn’t go away without letting her in.  

and the omelette eating episode where Meredith wants privacy to talk to Jen and Mary won’t leave.

I wonder if these two have more than a platonic friendship 🤔

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Marley said:

Whitney seems like the most annoying drunk. Her stupid questions that she asks 500 million times and her annoying voice ugh. Just shut up who cares that Meredith wasn’t on the bus. Even if Meredith did report Jen which I don’t really believe or care if she did it doesn’t mean the FBI is going to be like omg Meredith Marks said Jen Shah is guilty well better go arrest her now. That’s not how it works. Also so many ppl would’ve known they were getting on that bus that day.

Altho I still don’t like Meredith or get annoying creepy family. Her husband is the worst. Someone said he is the SLC version of Michael Darby from Potomac lol.

Also seeing some of Mary’s church just proved even more how fucked up it is abs how fucked up Mary is. She’s a criminal too just in a different way then Jen.

I once went to a church like Mary’s when I was a kid and it was even more fucked up then what we saw on the show. Yikes.

I usually find Whitney annoying but drunk Whitney stumbling around trying to remember her lines was highly amusing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

Maybe it’s just me but honestly who cares? If my friend’s father dies and the date of the memorial service (that I’m not going to anyway) is off from when she originally told me then that’s nothing off my back. Meredith doesn’t owe them a thing, especially about her whereabouts in mourning her father. 

I know for the show it drives a plot line but in “real life”, I find it hard to see friends fixating over things like this. 

This. I honestly think it was just a miscommunication between Heather and Lisa. Everyone knew it was on Monday. Mer said in this episode she went to Vail on Tue. Maybe in the morning when Lisa called her she was still with her family in Aspen. Lisa said "I'm sorry to bother you, go be with your family", Meredith said ok, they said bye and then Lisa told the ladies that Mer was at the memorial. Lisa could have just made an honest mistake there. It doesn't seem like a giant conspiracy to me. But it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and I think Whitney is horrible for pushing that narrative. 

Heather should save the words "aggressively cruel" for her bff Jenn. While I agree, Mary can be cruel and unkind, she isn't aggressive and she often walks away from arguments, not into them. 

I had high hopes for this season. When Jenn was arrested and all the ladies sat on the van and then in Vail discussing her shady business, I thought "finally, a criminal HW who will be held accountable." But no, instead everyone cowers to her, tells her how amazing she is, nobody asks her why she stole from old people and everyone is focusing on whether or not Meredith was on a van. It's crazy to me.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

This. I honestly think it was just a miscommunication between Heather and Lisa. Everyone knew it was on Monday. Mer said in this episode she went to Vail on Tue. Maybe in the morning when Lisa called her she was still with her family in Aspen. Lisa said "I'm sorry to bother you, go be with your family", Meredith said ok, they said bye and then Lisa told the ladies that Mer was at the memorial. Lisa could have just made an honest mistake there. It doesn't seem like a giant conspiracy to me. But it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and I think Whitney is horrible for pushing that narrative. 

Heather should save the words "aggressively cruel" for her bff Jenn. While I agree, Mary can be cruel and unkind, she isn't aggressive and she often walks away from arguments, not into them. 

I had high hopes for this season. When Jenn was arrested and all the ladies sat on the van and then in Vail discussing her shady business, I thought "finally, a criminal HW who will be held accountable." But no, instead everyone cowers to her, tells her how amazing she is, nobody asks her why she stole from old people and everyone is focusing on whether or not Meredith was on a van. It's crazy to me.

Thank you for this, it's so plain and simple. I'm so glad for all of you here, because I start to feel crazy when I'm watching when they go off on these flights of fancy that they try to pass of as facts. You save my tv from destruction!

Jennie was the catalyst for everyone questioning Meredith and the memorial. On the bus, after Lisa said that Meredith was at said memorial, Jennie piped up with "And you believe her?" Jennie throws little grenades, but is so boring that no one registers that it actually came from her.

Whitney smiles every time she stirs the pot, a little evil, gleeful smile. I think homegirl might consider cutting down on the drinking if she can't remember what she says/does when under the influence.

Lisa trying to be neutral is a farce. All she's really trying to do is cover her own hind end. She's so transparent and so darn loud when called on her bs. Does she think sheer volume and not letting anyone get a word in will prove her innocence?

Heather is as shady as the day is long, but she's a little more stealth with it. I wouldn't trust her with any personal info.

I don't know how Meredith hasn't smothered Seth yet. He is gross and vulgar and absolutely not funny. There's nothing redeeming about him.

I agree with The Couch Potato that captions are useless when they're all shrieking at the same time. 

Jen was actually sort of likable this episode, especially her reactions at Mary's church, but I can't get past knowing what she's accused of doing, and it bothers me that the others have shrugged it off like she only got a parking ticket or something very minor like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Although I’m not a big Meredith fan, (she’s a whore who f#cked half of New Yor after all) she didn’t owe  the annoying voiced Whitney an explanation of what day her father’s memorial was on.  Whitney looks and sounds like trash. 

Same, but if that's true, I'd probably find her a lot more fun and interesting! Reminds me of once Luann from RHONY dropped the "proper" Countess BS and became them "don't be all uncool" Luann, hooking up with guys with abandon.

I was truly disturbed by that scene at Mary's church. She is not a good person. The numbers looked dramatically smaller than when Meredith and Whitney went in the first season, but maybe that was because of COVID. 

• Love 4
On 2/7/2022 at 8:36 AM, laprin said:

I find Mary to be one of the meanest Housewives of any franchise. She’s just an unkind person. 

No doubt most of the HW's ham it up for the cameras and the sake of ratings/longevity, but the fact that Mary is a real life minister puts her into an entirely different category. In my mind the fact that she would sign up for a show like this and behave in it the way she does gives us a little glimpse into the real Mary, and what I'm seeing is far from good. Those maliciously gleeful expressions she is willing to share with the camera!  I feel she wants to feel glamorous, witty, and superior, while all I see is a vapid, vain, and narcissistic dullard. I suppose in her eyes that would simply make me someone with no "dep".  

It's hard to stand out from a cast consisting of so many objectionable personalities, but she has managed to do just that.  

• Love 24
6 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Thank you for this, it's so plain and simple. I'm so glad for all of you here, because I start to feel crazy when I'm watching when they go off on these flights of fancy that they try to pass of as facts. You save my tv from destruction!

Jennie was the catalyst for everyone questioning Meredith and the memorial. On the bus, after Lisa said that Meredith was at said memorial, Jennie piped up with "And you believe her?" Jennie throws little grenades, but is so boring that no one registers that it actually came from her.

Whitney smiles every time she stirs the pot, a little evil, gleeful smile. I think homegirl might consider cutting down on the drinking if she can't remember what she says/does when under the influence.

Lisa trying to be neutral is a farce. All she's really trying to do is cover her own hind end. She's so transparent and so darn loud when called on her bs. Does she think sheer volume and not letting anyone get a word in will prove her innocence?

Heather is as shady as the day is long, but she's a little more stealth with it. I wouldn't trust her with any personal info.

I don't know how Meredith hasn't smothered Seth yet. He is gross and vulgar and absolutely not funny. There's nothing redeeming about him.

I agree with The Couch Potato that captions are useless when they're all shrieking at the same time. 

Jen was actually sort of likable this episode, especially her reactions at Mary's church, but I can't get past knowing what she's accused of doing, and it bothers me that the others have shrugged it off like she only got a parking ticket or something very minor like that.

I completely forgot about that!  Jennie was the one that questioned whether Meredith was at the memorial and somehow weaseled from taking any accountability when Meredith asked. Thank you for the reminder. She’s far from innocent (as indicated by her now deleted   FB posts. 

• Love 4

I went to Red Robin yesterday and I swear mid-order I heard Mary saying to me, "You need nutrients.", and I changed my order to the plant based impossible burger.

Maybe she is the word of God............ 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
On 2/7/2022 at 11:26 AM, Straycat80 said:

Watching all the screaming and fighting, I was thinking that I'm probably out after this season.  I am down to this franchise, OC (was hoping Heather would help this show, but she is a fail), and watched BH for the Erika drama.  I've been posting for a while now that we don't want to see screaming, bullying and fighting on the HW shows.  I do like some drama but constant yelling and no fun scenes has me dropping the franchises one by one.

• Love 9

Oh, my- where to begin. These women exhaust me. How many times did I hear "I HAVE YOUR BACK!" "YOU DON'T HAVE MY BACK!"? Also, who really gives a shit if the memorial service was Monday or Tuesday. As others have said, if I go away 3 days for a wedding, funeral or shower, I'm "at the event" for the duration of my trip. This show is dredging at this point for something for these women to scream about.

They are all guilty of one major fault: bringing up stuff that does not need to be brought up- EVER.  Example: Whitney saying "well, the question came up by Lisa, that maybe you didn't have a memorial service for your dad...??" What is the point? None, except to incite more drama and fighting. 

Meredith, if you are truly "DONE," then don't exit only to return 5 minutes later to start arguing all over again. Don't act as if you are the perfect example of morality, only to scream, whine and prolong the fight by inviting your "friends" over to rehash it all yet again. 

Lisa sure turned from "I really wish Meredith had my back more," (sniffle sniffle) to calling her every name in the book and venting major shit about her while mic'd just a few minutes later. And anyone who yells "I AM A GOOD PERSON AND I'M NICE TO EVERYONE" kind of indicates to me that you probably aren't.

Heather provides a lot of funny narrative and seems like she would be a hoot on a girls' trip, but I would never, ever trust her with anything. She absorbs everyone's stories like a sponge and then has no hesitation about turning  around and spilling it or gossiping the opposite side. Her empathy is phony, because she is all about the tea.

Meredith's track suit (I'm sure a Brooks Marks limited edition) was laughable. Mary had her BM wear on too- twice in two days, which is funny right there. Heather- your block-shaped torso was not made for skin exposure and a sports bra outside of your home. Whitney, you need to reconsider your alcohol intake if you were so drunk last night that you don't remember half of what was said. Jen Shah- thank you for not dissolving into your wailing, self-pitying persona during the final day. Love how she gave the women diamond snowflake necklaces when she is facing financial ruin and needs to "downsize" to a home that's probably double the size of mine. 

I loved seeing the women without makeup- they look so... normal!

Seth is disgusting and I can't stand when he is on camera. 

Mary is the queen of deflection- "you don't know me." Muttering insults under her breath. Acting as if she cares when Meredith storms off. Making a scene of riding home separately from the other women. Happy crying when her parishioner says she is the "best dresser" (that's the thing that got the congregation excited?). Mary has a social disorder- she cannot relate to other women at all, and when she painfully pretends to care about anything or anyone but herself, she cracks and we see her true, ugly personality.

• Love 9
On 2/6/2022 at 6:36 PM, janiema said:

It’s Meredith’s affect and delivery that’s so annoying. She always tilts her head to one side or the other and jerks her head up and down when she speaks. The vocal fry doesn’t help.

Have you heard the podcast "Watch What Crappens?"  They do a hysterical rendition of Meredith's voice.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I can't recall any of my friendships where I had to say, "I've got your back" or "You don't have my back". I don't play that way. If you shit on me, BYE! Period. End of story. No need for a year of rehashing the story.

Honestly, I try to figure out who I most dislike. 

Meredith is way up there. Like, all the way at the top. Lisa used to be my hated one, but she's laying in thick on Mer so I give her points for that. Jen is just Jen . Jennie is actually useless, she's background noise and nothing else. Whitney is just annoying. She's only good at shit stirring. And Heather is likeable, but then again, she agreed to do this show so I question her morality.

Where's Brooks? I miss the laughter in provides. And Seth. Ewwwwwwwwww. That's all I've got on him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/6/2022 at 6:38 PM, JenE4 said:

Oh, no. The latest spin on a gender reveal party is now we’re doing college reveal parties?!?

“You know what I really want to learn how to make? Eggs.”

”Yeah.”

I am waiting to see Heather strolling through the University Center on a visit!  Ole, Ole, Ole Ole! GAUCHOS!

• LOL 2

It’s interesting how Mary will talk about things like, “Let me see that smile,” to Meredith and how Meredith is “too pretty to ride in the sprinter van” and comments like that and then Meredith never really reciprocates that type of a complimentary comment to Mary ……it’s very very very very strange.

I understand editing does whatever they do but that is some weird shit. I don’t see Meredith coming back with that kind of comment or manipulation or whatever the hell it is. 

• Love 2

What kind of “church day” was that?  Where the congregation members shout ultra “worshippy” exclamations for the pastor or whatever she is supposed to be?  And she revels in it?

and did someone say she is the facsimile of God?   And she accepted that?  Even angels in the Bible rejected worship when it was attempted to be attributed to them.  Maybe I misheard/was confused.  Hopefully.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

It’s interesting how Mary will talk about things like, “Let me see that smile,” to Meredith and how Meredith is “too pretty to ride in the sprinter van” and comments like that and then Meredith never really reciprocates that type of a complimentary comment to Mary ……it’s very very very very strange.

I understand editing does whatever they do but that is some weird shit. I don’t see Meredith coming back with that kind of comment or manipulation or whatever the hell it is. 

Gawwwd yess! It reminded me of the bad pick-up comments drunk dudes say at a bar, and then when you don't respond positively, they get angry and call you a bitch (or worse). So so so cringy, and it actually made me uncomfortable.

• Love 4
On 2/7/2022 at 3:53 AM, bosawks said:

Maybe I’m on an island of one but if your dad dies you can pretty much do or say whatever you want to get through it as long as it’s not hateful.

I think she’s a bucket of suck but I don’t see what the big deal is even if Meredith did lie about the date.

That being said what the hell was up with those machines!

Meredith is going to inflict pain while questioning Heather and Whitney and when Whitney asks to turn it down it looks like Meredith just pretends to!?!?

What is she, a low rent Bond villain now?

That was some fucked up shit.

She's a bucket of Suck - BRAVO - best description ever!!!!

• LOL 2
On 2/7/2022 at 2:34 PM, 65mickey said:

I was watching this show in a hotel room last night. I kept turning down the volume  because I was afraid someone would bang on the door and ask me what was going on.  Bravo needs to chnge the title of these shows to The Screaming Houswives instead of The Real Housewives. I think Beverly HIlls is the only one without the screaming. 

They just snarl and curl their lips in BH!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 2/6/2022 at 8:36 PM, janiema said:

It’s Meredith’s affect and delivery that’s so annoying. She always tilts her head to one side or the other and jerks her head up and down when she speaks. The vocal fry doesn’t help.

I can’t stand the way she talks. It sounds like a combination of having marbles in her mouth and talking out of one side of her mouth. And her affect is flat and low energy. I don’t know if this is normal for her or she’s medicated, but she comes across like she’s on downers (except when she’s screaming). 

Meanwhile Whitney is a chirping little bird. 

Mary is so horrible and strange. Not strange as being fun to watch. I just want her off this show. 

• Like 4