Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E20: Memorial Meltdown

• Start Topic

The Cinco De Mayo festivities intensify as the tension between the ladies boils over. Mary and Meredith cling together as the rest of the women hound Meredith for the date of her father's memorial and struggle to understand Meredith's unwavering support for Mary. Once back in Salt Lake City, the women try to make sense of all chaos left behind in Zion. Jen visits Mary’s church to see if the rumors are true, Lisa seeks advice from John and Meredith offers an olive branch to Heather and Whitney.

Airdate: 02/06/2022

• Useful 3

Well gang, its finale night. 

Consider that the producers gave us twenty episodes of this season !

They had a lot of juicy film to work with. 

Also looking forward to the reunion next week.

But dang, as we know there will be no justified comeuppance for Mary.  We won't have closure!

Oops ! This was not the finale. That's next week ! Egads -  there is more !!

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 9

I am down to two RH franchises and this is one.  But tonight is excruciating.  Whitney stirs the pot.  Lisa yells and deflects.  Mary is cruel.  Meredith plays the righteous victim and Jen eats popcorn.  And Jennie is inconsequential.

• Love 9

Here’s my big mystery - where did all these big gulp sized sodas magically appear from?  Second biggest - why do they all talk about having “resolve” with other people?

I don’t think anyone actually said to Meredith it was about the dates of her dad’s memorial, not whether there was one or if he died, did they?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I know Whitney can't help the way her voice sounds, but her attempts at interrogating Meredith and Mary lose their power because she just sounds like a whining child: Why weren't you in the vaaaaaan? Mary, Meredith neeeeeeeeds you! 🙄

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

Everyone is obsessive about why Meredith is friends with Mary or what day Mer’s father’s memorial was…but no one seems remotely concerned about the crimes that Jen committed.  It’s a bigger scandal if you weren’t there to see Jen get arrested than, you know—Jen actually getting arrested! 

Yea at this point it’s like just let them be weird friends … why does it really matter? 

• Love 6

There are not very many people in this church. How are these 12 people funding Mary’s lifestyle? Okay, this does seem like a cult with this woman going on about how perfect Mary is in every way—while another guy fans her. And this girl screeching that she’s staying with her…okay, I guess a lot of people HAVE left her (not even “the church” but “her”???) then.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Is that the full congregation? 

i pictured it more robust.

It has definitely dwindled since the last service was filmed - maybe time away during the pandemic enlightened some of the congregation...

• Love 10

This episode made the franchise turn for me in a similar way when Monique ruined Potomac. In their quest to have juicy storylines, they go super dark and overproduce the storyline. Full disclosure it triggers me more and makes me feel more for Meredith because when my father died I didn't even know what day it was. For Whitney's sake, I really hope it was production pushing her to ask Meredith about the memorial, and not her own idea. It's so cringe. I find it laughable how hard they are trying to push this narrative that Meredith called the feds on Jen, after YEARS of prior investigation. I was such a Heather fan but she lost me in this episode, saying Meredith's analogy was a low blow, but see no fault in Meredith being understandably enraged about being questioned about her father's memorial. I'm with her, I wouldn't dignify that with a response. 

38 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Everyone is obsessive about why Meredith is friends with Mary or what day Mer’s father’s memorial was…but no one seems remotely concerned about the crimes that Jen committed.  It’s a bigger scandal if you weren’t there to see Jen get arrested than, you know—Jen actually getting arrested! 

And no one questions why she lied about the details of the phone call that made her leave the van?

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Well gang, its finale night. 

Consider that the producers gave us twenty episodes of this season !

They had a lot of juicy film to work with. 

Also looking forward to the reunion next week.

But dang, as we know there will be no justified comeuppance for Mary.  We won't have closure!

There’s one more episode before the finale. They showed the preview at the end of tonight’s episode. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Whitney is trash for what she said to Meredith about knowing that her father is resting while Whitney's father is still alive.

2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

There are not very many people in this church. How are these 12 people funding Mary’s lifestyle? Okay, this does seem like a cult with this woman going on about how perfect Mary is in every way—while another guy fans her. And this girl screeching that she’s staying with her…okay, I guess a lot of people HAVE left her (not even “the church” but “her”???) then.

According to Mary, several businesses were inherited and her lifestyle isn't coming from the church.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I hate Meredith. These women all suck but Meredith is a snake & I do think that she’s a liar. All of a sudden she’s light and has clarity and no problem clarifying the date after that shit show at Zion. She certainly sounded like she wasn’t alone and she was talking low when Lisa called her. I don’t doubt the memorial but I don’t think that Meredith is as innocent as she claims. She’s full of shit, for sure.

• Love 19

Maybe I’m on an island of one but if your dad dies you can pretty much do or say whatever you want to get through it as long as it’s not hateful.

I think she’s a bucket of suck but I don’t see what the big deal is even if Meredith did lie about the date.

That being said what the hell was up with those machines!

Meredith is going to inflict pain while questioning Heather and Whitney and when Whitney asks to turn it down it looks like Meredith just pretends to!?!?

What is she, a low rent Bond villain now?

That was some fucked up shit.

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

According to Mary, several businesses were inherited and her lifestyle isn't coming from the church.

Yet, from what we’ve heard, the only (or at least primary) customers of these companies are the church members who are coerced to use the services—and use them in a way that benefits the church. Like Cameron who claimed that Mary made him refinance his house through her mortgage company for $300,000  to give money to the church and ended up losing his house.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, princelina said:

I find it hard to believe that Lisa was setting all of that up on the trip to Vail 15 minutes after Jen was arrested. 

But she literally did watch the playback.. that’s what got everyone confused and made everyone question her… cause Heather and Whitney both were like she said she had it Monday … and I do get it .. cops just swarmed the place they are all confused and don’t know what’s going on and SUDDENLY Lisa tells them something that contradicts what they have been told before. Of course they are gonna think somethings up. It was on Lisa to correct this not the other girls cause she is the one that gave them the misleading (wrong) information 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But she literally did watch the playback.. that’s what got everyone confused and made everyone question her… cause Heather and Whitney both were like she said she had it Monday … and I do get it .. cops just swarmed the place they are all confused and don’t know what’s going on and SUDDENLY Lisa tells them something that contradicts what they have been told before. Of course they are gonna think somethings up. It was on Lisa to correct this not the other girls cause she is the one that gave them the misleading (wrong) information 

I think where it all went wrong was Lisa said, Oh, I’m so sorry to be bothering you today. Get back to your family! Meredith didn’t correct her and say, I’m not with my family any more. I’m in Vail. Meredith just went along with the idea of “going back to her family” in what I can only presume was a rush to get off the phone and into the bubble bath. 😉

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I think where it all went wrong was Lisa said, Oh, I’m so sorry to be bothering you today. Get back to your family! Meredith didn’t correct her and say, I’m not with my family any more. I’m in Vail. Meredith just went along with the idea of “going back to her family” in what I can only presume was a rush to get in the bubble bath. 😉

It should put the majority of the blame for all this bullshit on Lisa .. with Meredith feeding into the bullshit by not just saying No it was Monday but dancing around the question.. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I assume some congregants stayed home due to the pandemic. Isn’t Mary still doing her church podcast?

I don’t know if we saw enough to be able to classify Mary’s church as a cult. I’ve attended many church services, including TD Jakes’ church, in which there was a lot of deference to the pastor. Also, fanning someone is a “thing” in many Black churches. It’s a sign that a person is “on fire.”  My only issue was that these church members clearly get a different Mary than the one we see. I find Mary to be one of the meanest Housewives of any franchise. She’s just an unkind person. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15