Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Lisa's Journey

• Start Topic

Sorry I missed live chat, but there was a conflict with a Purdue basketball game. My husband puts up with my rabid Who Dat-ing during football season, so I agree to watch Purdue games with him.

Anyhow, Lisa is a real peach. I think she's the first poundticipant to use a cookie sheet as a plate (or a trough). Her grossness is on par with James K. I wonder what Randy gets out of this relationship. I'm starting to think the enablers ae as sick as the enablees.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Was she the first poundticipant that we never saw in any position but lying down? 

Shades of Penny cooking won tons in bed. Handy electric skillet.

Also, assuming she had PCOS. Sometimes she was clean shaven, others times she had a mustache and beard. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I've reached the Randy shopping for groceries scene. 7 boxes of sugar-coated cereal, 5 bags of chips and a couple of jars of dip, 8 cases of pop, 6 frozen pizzas, and a bag of corndogs. I don't think any of these things are listed on Dr. Now's diet sheet.

And did she really say about the 8 cases of pop, "just grab anything, they'll get drinken." Lisa hath murdered English!

Edited by ShoePrincess
  • LOL 7
  • Love 14

Lisa’s attitude is as nasty as her house. 

How horrible for the PT, Dietitian, camera crew,medics etc. That had to be near that disgusting bed/house.

I can’t stand when we see these type of useless people that offer nothing to society,but have the NERVE to think they know more then a doctor & be straight up disrespectful. She & her poopy bed can fly very very far away.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 17

When she told that boldfaced lie on the physical therapist I wanted to jump through the screen and choke her.  So glad Dr. Now called her out on her lie.  I can't believe she actually has friends.  RIP Randy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

I've reached the Randy shopping for groceries scene. 7 boxes of sugar-coated cereal, 5 bags of chips and a couple of jars of dip, 8 cases of pop, 6 frozen pizzas, and a bag of corndogs. I don't think any of these things are listed on Dr. Now's diet sheet.

Don't forget the six or seven boxes of cookies, including peanut butter. 

I wonder where her son is in all this

• Love 9

And did she really say about the 8 cases of pop, "just grab anything, they'll get drinken." Lisa hath murdered English!

I wonder if schlepping all of those groceries hastened the poor man's death.

• Love 11

Well you heard her. She found Dr Now's diet "confusing" Apparently she had the list of foods she was suppose to avoid mixed up with the list of foods she's suppose to eat lol

Edited by Aaron4102
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

I'm betting that the film crew called the ambulance for Randy, when he fell off of the bed.   I'm betting Lisa didn't call, because she didn't feel that sick, and she only cares about herself.       

I did see shadows, or reflections from the camera, and sometimes it was just on a tripod, without a person standing there.    I bet they couldn't stand the stench, and when Randy and Lisa got sick, they pulled the crew outside to avoid getting infected.    

I bet Lisa claiming she called 911 was another lie, and the crew called for Randy.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

This season has been mostly a freak show. Lisa was horrible. I wonder if it was entirely scripted. She yelled at PT and the nutritionist but seemed okay with the camera crew. There was no point to the show except to show the grossest of the pounders.

• Love 12

I have some very unkind thoughts about Lisa, but I will keep them to myself. 

I went to the funeral home website to see if there was anything else about Randy aside from the very brief obituary, and it turns out he was a Walmart greeter at one point. The person who posted in the memory book said they missed seeing him in the store. RIP Randy. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

And that was after she talked to the doctor. Usually we get those hauls before the first appointment.

7 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

Yes, yes she did. See also, "We haven't did that neither."

5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I wonder where her son is in all this

I was wondering the same. We heard about him but didn't see him. I wonder if there's a reason for that, or if he just didn't want to be on camera and/or doesn't live nearby.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Lisa’s attitude is as nasty as her house. 

How horrible for the PT, Dietitian, camera crew,medics etc. That had to be near that disgusting bed/house.

I'm quite sure the PT, dietitian, camera crew and everyone else who had occasion to stick one toe into that house of horrors went home, took an hour long shower and burned every item of clothing they'd worn chez Lisa. 

• Love 19

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point.  There's definitely a reason they likely shelved it,  before they were desperate for episodes.   

The PT woman was barefoot in Lisa's bedroom, unless I was mistaken.  *shudder*

• Love 5

**Shudder is right!**  And speaking of feet, the way that Lisa was waving hers around so animatedly whenever she was speaking was heebing me out in the worst possible way and I just couldn't even deal with it.  The stuff of nightmares right there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, AnnaBaptist said:

I went to the funeral home website to see if there was anything else about Randy aside from the very brief obituary, and it turns out he was a Walmart greeter at one point. The person who posted in the memory book said they missed seeing him in the store. RIP Randy. 

That must be where they met. She said she met him in the grocery store.

Lisa was the most heinous pounder of all. I didn’t think anyone could top Penny, Chuck, Marla, etc., but man oh man, I hope this is the worst one.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, cynicat said:

The PT woman was barefoot in Lisa's bedroom, unless I was mistaken.  *shudder*

😂 I thought the same thing so I rewound to double-check. I think (hope) she was actually wearing nude-colored flats.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if she’s still alive.  

I wondered that too.  She’s  not exactly a delight so I’m sure ‘friends’ are not going stick around. She needs round the clock care, washed, turned to stop bed sores, and all the mounds of junk she eats must come out the other end and be dealt with 🤮

She’s going to cost US taxpayers a lot of money. 
I wanted to switch channels but was somehow transfixed by the horror of this woman.  RIP Randy.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I wondered that too.  She’s  not exactly a delight so I’m sure ‘friends’ are not going stick around. She needs round the clock care, washed, turned to stop bed sores, and all the mounds of junk she eats must come out the other end and be dealt with 🤮

She’s going to cost US taxpayers a lot of money. 
I wanted to switch channels but was somehow transfixed by the horror of this woman.  RIP Randy.

Maybe not, because I don't think is long for this world. Those legs! 

• Love 3

If if he has any brains, he is far, far, far away!

Behind the moon, beyond the rain. Or maybe in a galaxy.

I'm beginning to think that TLC puts out casting calls looking for morbidly obese people with lousy attitudes who have never been to a Bed, Bath & Beyond.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

This season has been mostly a freak show.

I thought it wouldn't be possible to top Lacey's story but then we were treated to Margaret, Dolly and now Lisa who never even sat up or got out of bed let alone got weighed or traveled to Houston. It was a journey of NO steps! Not one. Zero. 

3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

That must be where they met. She said she met him in the grocery store

...and "he started talking to her." I guess "welcome to Wal-Mart" counts as a pick up line. 

I believe the Dr. Paradise call must have occurred as recently as last month because Randy died November 18th, 2021, and she told Dr. P. that it "would be two months on the 18th." Wow, the editing monkeys certainly cobbled together an episode quickly! 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

Although I loved the train wrecks that were Dolly and Lacey this season, this episode was nothing but sad. I can only imagine the stench of the home.  I was worried about Randy from the very beginning. Rest in peace Randy. Am so sad that the last 3 years of your life were with Lisa.

Edited by BAForever
  • Love 15

- she has a child that appears to no longer be in her life for some reason; she only mentioned wanting to spend time with grandchildren.

- her geriatric boyfriend was buried without a service, and no family member was mentioned in the obituary. 

- there were many flies landing on her encrusted legs, there must have been maggots.

- early in the show, many of her leg crevices were stuffed with tissues.

- since she is unable to move from the bed, it probably hasn't been washed in four years, including the disgusting pillows.

- she vacillated between manic prattling about her loser boyfriends to hostile, unprovoked defiance.

- what got her the most excited about getting out of bed is the thought of dumping her elderly boyfriend/caretaker ASAP.

- old dude was a feeder, there cannot be two opinions on the matter.

- she was such a liar, I doubt her story about a doctor ordering her to stay in bed, to the point of also doubting that she was raped. 

- photo included to remind everyone of normal Lisa portion sizes!

20220202_214634.jpg

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I question her mental stability.  Maybe, she’s had some brain damage from stokes or illness.  Cognitive decline can cause that sort of behavior.  I wonder if she’s still alive.  

I also wonder the same thing. I also wonder if when she was in the hospital, they were able to get her on medication to help with a mental health issue. When she was there and when she first came home, she seemed rather civil. Once at home, if she stopped taking the medication, she would quickly revert to the Lisa we all came to love during the episode. Her abruptly quitting the show/program would be evidenced by this.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, cynicat said:

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point.  There's definitely a reason they likely shelved it,  before they were desperate for episodes.   

The episode was filmed recently as was confirmed by another poster who verified the date of Randy's funeral.  That makes the intentions of the show EVEN WORSE, IMO as they are CHOOSING to exploit people who have NOTHING to offer regarding what the "intent' of the show is, or used to be.  In other words, this individual had absolutely NO redeeming value to the show except to fill 2 hrs of broadcasting time with what was, as others mentioned, a "freak show."  Truly DISGUSTING!

When I thought about the costs, dedication and commitment of ALL the support services provided for her and her lack of anything but the MOST MINIMAL EFFORT to benefit from it because of her attitude and lack of motivation, it really made me angry!!

I thought to myself:  "With people struggling in our society because of economic stress who are hard workers we see a windfall of costly services squandered on someone who refuses to do all but the absolute minimum (if even that) to reach therapeutic goals to improve her miserable life!!"

ALSO, I'm awaiting notice to the production crew (and Dr. Now's organization) for her to file one of the typical "lawsuits" that others have brought against him for various insufficiencies in care they perceive they received!!!   3-2-1...here we go!!

Last, I was curious regarding whether she OWNED that shack she lived in because if it was a "rental" I doubt the landlord would permit its dilapidated state to persist without evicting her.  If she owns it, someone will realize a decent amount of cash when she passes on as an investor will likely grab it for the property, tear it down, rebuild and sell it for a nice profit.

Edited by pdlinda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I have not watched the episode yet but it certainly sounds that Lisa's verbal skills are "much more gooder".

1 hour ago, Kid said:

If if he has any brains, he is far, far, far away!

The son is living out the advice of the rock band "Slade" from around 1985....."Run Run Away".

Man that was a great song.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I have not watched the episode yet but it certainly sounds that Lisa's verbal skills are "much more gooder".

The son is living out the advice of the rock band "Slade" from around 1985....."Run Run Away".

Man that was a great song.

I love that song! 

Apparently the supersized of this episode with bonus scenes is Thursday the 10th, so it will be hard to add anything useful to this episode, and I doubt it will add anything interesting.    I bet Randy didn't have anywhere else to go when he had to stop working, so he was 'boyfriend' only as a title, I bet he was just her personal servant, and shopper.      

I'm just glad that her son wasn't shown, so hopefully he is far away from this situation.     

I'm guessing that when Randy and Lisa started showing symptoms that the film crew was pulled out, and monitored the cameras from the outside.   I bet that the camera crew called 911, because Lisa didn't even try to call when Randy rolled off onto the floor.   

I suspect that during her hospitalization, Lisa was medicated with happy pills, and that was why her attitude changed for a while.    Then, back at her hovel, the pills stopped, and she went back to her usual, nasty self. 

My guess is that her two 'friends' actually cleaned up the house, and put sheets on the bed, or at least pillow covers, because the sheets only seemed to cover her where the computer camera showed, and the rest of her body wasn't really covered.     I'm wondering where the new 'friends' came from, and if they stayed after Lisa went back to her usual, nasty self?     It amazed me to see her survive Covid.    

After her lies to Dr. Now, about the diet, her eating, the physical therapists, and the dietician, I don't believe anything she said.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Lisa was the most heinous pounder of all.

Worse than James K?

Man, so many options...

Please say I'm not the only viewer who gasped the first time the camera panned out far enough for us to see Lisa's legs.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Worse than James K?

Man, so many options...

Please say I'm not the only viewer who gasped the first time the camera panned out far enough for us to see Lisa's legs.

You weren't. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, pdlinda said:

ALSO, I'm awaiting notice to the production crew (and Dr. Now's organization) for her to file of one of the typical "lawsuits" that others have brought against him for various insufficiencies in care they perceive they received!!!   3-2-1...here we go!!

I thought exactly the same thing. She is the type to sue.  She is TOXIC.  She sat there and boldly proclaimed that she got nothing from Dr. Now when she was filmed PRIOR to that complaining that it was confusing and she did not understand it.  So, you can just hear her complaint. They made me eat copious amounts of food on camera. They humiliated me by showing my boyfriend having to wipe my ass. They provided me with no physical therapy when I requested it. They provided me with no materials.  And on and on and on.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

I did, too, but kind of got immune to looking at them after they were on display just about the entire time she was on screen. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I did, too, but kind of got immune to looking at them after they were on display just about the entire time she was on screen. 

I watched after I had eaten. I think if I had watched before I would have maybe nibbled some spinach. Those black encrusted legs!

People who said those forearms and feet were sticking out were so right. I thought they were exaggerating in live chat. She has these little things sticking out of a fat, barnacle encrusted suit.

She was so awful, lashing out at people who were trying to help. She must have found another enabler when she cut off Dr. Now.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect that during her hospitalization, Lisa found out about happy pills, and that was why her attitude changed for a while.    Then, back at her hovel, the pills stopped, and she went back to her usual, nasty self. 

I thought the opposite ...... though the result will be the same.

She was either drunk or high on pills during several of the meltdowns.  Once in hospital, she maybe went through  involuntary detox because she didn't have her entire pharmacy with her.

Any way, can you imagine what her sister or whoever found in that hovel when it was cleaned?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Well I wanted a discussion of those legs as they looked life threatening. What were  those encrustations? Why were they turning black later on in the episode? Also, how has she not died from a bedsore by now? Three years in bed? I had a wheelchair bound relative killed by a bedsore and believe me, he was clean and well cared for. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5