Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Smoke, Mirrors and Foggy Diamonds

• Start Topic

Teresa throws a kickoff to the Summer Party that instantly becomes drama filled when an unsettling video leaks about Luis. Margaret later finds herself revealing a shocking secret about Jennifer to the ladies, while the on-going family feud between the Gorgas and the Giudices is reignited.

Airdate: 02/01/2022

• Love 2

What I noticed the most during the scene with Teresa, her daughters and the sangwiches is that Gia suddenly has a pronounced Jersey accent.

Joe Gorga looks like he’s 3 feet tall beside the new couple.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

Never thought I’d say this, but, I feel kinda sorry for Jennifer.  I’ve read about some of the charitable things she’s done and she seems like a really good person but nobody seems to like her.   Including Bill, her husband.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Never thought I’d say this, but, I feel kinda sorry for Jennifer.  I’ve read about some of the charitable things she’s done and she seems like a really good person but nobody seems to like her.   Including Bill, her husband.

To me, it seems like she has a real hard time controlling her impulses and temper. I like her on RHoNJ. Not sure I would like her IRL.  (How many people in social media battles are similar? Just put the phone down!)

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 10

No wonder Jennifer was tipping a few last season.  I think blurting out Bill’s affair was cruel and unusual punishment.  I have to agree that Jennifer’s new nose is terrible.  She has an Instagram post up about the surgery in Turkey, she also got a chin implant.  She said she just had the surgery 4 weeks prior to the show and was still swollen.  It is very odd that her husband would not have insisted that she have the surgery done here by someone he recommends.  I wonder if Jennifer and Bill have some kind of arrangement.  Maybe they stay together for the kids and he does as he pleases?

• Love 10

Well, my girls are BACK!!!!  

I thought this was a good first show - brought us all up to date, especially those of us that don't tweet, insta or follow these women on social media.  And, surprise, surprise - Tiki Barber!!!  (Maybe my husband will watch with me now!  LOL)

Looks like lots of drama coming up this season, and I'm here for it.

I just wish these women would learn how to fight without throwing/breaking glasses and tableware.  

Looks like an interesting season!

And, I'm sorry - Jennifer did herself no favors with that Turkish plastic surgeon - I wonder what Bill thinks of the end result.

Shit - Margaret spilling the tea right from the jump - she doesn't waste any time!!!!

Who knew that Gia would become the voice of reason in the Guidice family?  She's grown into a very mature, reasonable young woman.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Axie said:

Gia sounds like Selma Diamond.  I may be the only one who remembers Selma Diamond.

The three older Guidice girls (Gia, Milania and Gabriella) all have very deep, raspy voices.  But, with a very distinct Jersey accent.  Selma Diamond sounded straight from Brooklyn or Queens.

She was a very funny actress - loved, loved, loved her in Night Court!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8

Looking forward to a great season. Luis is a manipulator who's love bombing Teresa. It's not going to end well based on his previous relationships. Tre will fight anyone who warns her about him but then will be crying for their support once it's over.

Jennifer doesn't like Margaret or Melissa. She's said terrible things about them then is upset when they don't want to be around her.  Maybe Jennifer has a lot of resentment towards Marge because she's honest about being in an unhappy marriage, cheating on her ex with Joe and marrying him.  I can't believe the Aydin's would come on this show knowing he had a full blown affair that forced him to leave his job. All the money and plastic surgery in the world won't heal what's broken.

• Love 6

Did Margaret have a single conversation that was not maliciously gossipy this episode?  And WHAT was up with her hair?  Was that intentional to have her hair be 3 different colors?  It was terrible and she needs to ask for her money back.  It looked like a twist of yarn.  

And Jennifer was right, yes, they were being mean.  That party was an absolute snakepit, I wouldn't want to walk in there.  Jennifer has a lot of flaws but what you see is what you get and this high school mean girls bully vibe can be so psychologically vicious, even in adulthood.  Grow up MJM.  

Has anybody besides me ever wondered if Bill is gay?  

Theresa is like a different person.  And I am not interested in Dolores redecorating her home, we had that storyline already.  Joe Gorga and Melissa need to get a storyline or get off the screen already.  You don't actually like Tre, but she is your mealticket.  We get it.  And the whole state knows they are crooks, this is not news. Or scandalous.  It is just a matter of if the feds ever decide to go poking around.  And not much to say about Jackie yet. 

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

Jennifer's nose job was bad, but Marge should not be talking trash about it with whatever she had done to her lips. 

The first couple of seasons Marge was on I kind of liked her. Well, as much I like any of these ladies. The past two or three seasons I just cannot stand Marge anymore. 

I am disappointed Jackie was back because I feel she barely adds anything to the show.

• Love 16

What is Marge's problem? So vicious. She's always stirring the pot aggressively and this nonsense about Luis' video should be a non-starter. Who cares about an old apology video made for his girlfriend at the time? Annoying.

I think it was Margerude who also deplorably brought up Bill's affair. How cruel.

Edited by renatae
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

Bill's affair happened 10 years ago. Why bring it up now? Lack of storylines? Also, how original. The same cheating storyline with last season's premiere's storyline...

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 12

I think people were wondering if Bill is STILL cheating because he sent Jennifer to Turkey for her plastic surgery. IOW, she was probably gone for at least two weeks (pre-op, surgery/recovery & post-op) before returning home, giving Bill plenty of time to be on his own. 

I tend to agree, and wonder why she couldn't find a reputable surgeon in the U.S.  Adrienne Maloof's husband, Paul, would have done a much better job!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, JKL845 said:

Margaret has no room to talk about Jennifer's nose. Margaret looks like the joker. 

It looks like someone had a sale on lip fillers. They all looked ridiculous. Jackie was the only returning HW without pontoon lips, but her lips look wonky to me anyway.

Tiki Barber's wife (I didn't catch her name) is gorgeous.

• Love 8

Margaret’s getting her revenge for Jennifer slut shaming her last season. Margaret doesn’t realize this not only doesn’t erase her being a slut, now she looks like a bitter old bitch. Plus her plastic surgery including the tits look worse than Jennifer’s although I don’t like Jennifer’s new nose either. 
Joe and Melissa Gorga have lasted a decade on this show but they are STILL using Teresa’s material to give them a storyline. Now the girls are turning on Joe Gorga. To me it’s obvious he doesn’t give two fucks about his nieces. 
I don’t think Tre should be moving her girls in with this dude yet. 
Need to add, Margaret’s house is UGLY. It’s distracting in her scenes. I don’t even hear what her and her dumb husband are saying because the kitchen, those pillows on her furniture. It’s ass ugly Marge.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Margaret’s getting her revenge for Jennifer slut shaming her last season. Margaret doesn’t realize this not only doesn’t erase her being a slut, now she looks like a bitter old bitch. Plus her plastic surgery including the tits look worse than Jennifer’s although I don’t like Jennifer’s new nose either. 
Joe and Melissa Gorga have lasted a decade on this show but they are STILL using Teresa’s material to give them a storyline. Now the girls are turning on Joe Gorga. To me it’s obvious he doesn’t give two fucks about his nieces. 
I don’t think Tre should be moving her girls in with this dude yet. 
Need to add, Margaret’s house is UGLY. It’s distracting in her scenes. I don’t even hear what her and her dumb husband are saying because the kitchen, those pillows on her furniture. It’s ass ugly Marge.

it doesn't erase her being a slut? It makes the point for Margaret being so angry about it STILL because look she is still being called a slut today ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 18

Well, that started with a bang now didn't it?

I normally love Marge but she was pretty nasty this episode.  Why?  From previews it looks like she and Jennifer make amends and become friends?  I can see this way before I can see Teresa being a friend that Jennifer could lean on.  

Never saw the video with Luis so at first it sounded pretty bad.  But after it was discussed, not so much.  Sounds like some kind of hippy ritual that people to get rid of emotional baggage?  Who cares? I too believe it is a bit early for Teresa to be buying a home with him. 

• Love 13

The Gorgas should have been fired years ago. How many years have they been renting and building a new house? They bring absolutely nothing to the show. Jennifer read them correctly. They are shady, crooked, and still need Tre for a storyline. 

Joe Gorga is just like my nasty old narcissistic grandmother - a martyr on the cross should you call her out for any misdeeds. I said over a decade ago, when everyone blamed Juicy and Tre for Gia's tears over the family rift, that one day Gia and the rest of those girls would grow up, see the Gorgas for what they were, and distance themselves for Uncle Joey and Aunt Mel once they were old enough to process the truth. Joe Gorga cannot stop running his mouth about a man his sister divorced and who literally cannot get back in the country. Move on. Find another storyline. If he respected his nieces at all, he'd just keep quiet or speak about his issues privately. Instead, he puts it on TV and in the press. After spending almost 10 seasons proclaiming how much he loves his nieces - on camera.

How adult and mature, filming a scene complaining that his young nieces should call him. What a sick, self-obsessed fool. He's still the same insecure, jealous man-child he was 11 years ago when they filmed the Christening. He truly does think he's an angel from God. He's not funny. He would poke his eyes out if his sister was happy. He doesn't want the best for her - quite the opposite. He's spent the last decade collecting a check with the express purpose of making her as miserable as possible. At least Mel never pretended to care about Tre or her nieces. Truth is, no matter how many surgeries Mel has to look like J. Lo, she's fake and boring and even her kids have no real personality - it's all a put-on so Mel can live out her fantasy of a life on camera. 

Teresa owes those coattail-riders and troublemakers ABSOLUTELY NO APOLOGIES. That shady bitch (Joey) and the vapid nonentity he married should send Tre a fruit basket every week an episode airs, because they have zero purpose without her. 

Margaret is a snake, but she's in your face about it. She's happy to be vicious and stir the pot so she can keep her place on the show. She's kind to Jackie because she views Jackie as weak and knows she has a built-in sycophant to help her. The minute Jackie ever turns on Marge, Marge will eat her for breakfast.

I like Jennifer. ::Shrug::

Is Dolores there? 

Is Jackie there?

I know everyone thinks this cast is gold, but that was 3 years ago. Time to switch it up.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 17

I rarely watch this show, and these people are all pretty horrifying.

From an outsider's perspective, if all of these awful people are against the woman who decided to get an awful nose job in Turkey, I'm thinking by default I'd end up siding with her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Joe treated Tree like shit.. cheated on her .... dragged her on this show .... called her a bitch to a women he was fucking on the phone .... Her brother didnt like that and stuck up for her and called the man what he is a fucking loser snake .... but its her brother that is the asshole in this? im confused ...

Thinking about this more it pisses me off so much that Tree screams loyalty GIVE ME unfettered loyalty ... her brother does and he is shit on for it LOL ... I'd be like fuck you to then .... 

• Love 16
Just now, Lassus said:

I rarely watch this show, and these people are all pretty horrifying.

From an outsider's perspective, if all of these awful people are against the woman who decided to get an awful nose job in Turkey, I'm thinking by default I'd end up siding with her.

Eh, the woman (Jennifer) can be pretty awful herself, which is why those awful people are against her.  In particular, she has been really judgmental towards Margaret and Melissa - some of which was shown last night in flashbacks and comments - so it's not surprising she's getting a little bit of her own back from them.  At the reunion last year, she basically victim-blamed Margaret for being sexually harassed when Margaret was in her 20s.

Anyway, I don't think Margaret should have brought up the affair but I can also understand why Margaret thinks that Jennifer is being hypocritical given how harshly Jennifer has judged Margaret. All of that being said, I thought that the most interesting thing that Jennifer said was when she said to Jackie that Teresa and Dolores don't have Jen's back the same way that Jackie, Melissa, and Margaret have each other's backs. Sounds like Jennifer is starting to recognize that being Teresa's protector has some consequences. 

• Love 21

Teresa's daughters seem so much smarter than her.  Can't believe she's buying a house with a man she's only known a year.

Jennifer's nose was so bad, I forgot to look at the chin.  Looks like she asked for the hump to be shaved down and didn't realize the tip needed adjusting, too, As a result, her nose looks bulbous.

Marge's house is a nightmare.  Way too much going on in there. 

I like Jackie's and Delores' house, plain, simple. 

I cannot wait until this thing with lip injections is over.  It's so gross. Why do women do this? 

• Love 20
10 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Jennifer's nose job was bad, but Marge should not be talking trash about it with whatever she had done to her lips. 

The first couple of seasons Marge was on I kind of liked her. Well, as much I like any of these ladies. The past two or three seasons I just cannot stand Marge anymore. 

I am disappointed Jackie was back because I feel she barely adds anything to the show.

Jennifer's nose looks bigger somehow.  I have had my nose done and I am still not happy with it, so I get it - you don't always end up with what you thought it would be.  But if I was married to a plastic surgeon... 

Jackie was like, "it's bad!"  Marge was telling Jackie not to say it looks bad, that it was mean. 

7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Doesn't he look that way next to most people?

I think he actually IS 3 feet tall.  I remember seasons ago, a shot of him getting into his SUV and when he walked past the front, he was barely as tall as the hood.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Joe treated Tree like shit.. cheated on her .... dragged her on this show .... called her a bitch to a women he was fucking on the phone .... Her brother didnt like that and stuck up for her and called the man what he is a fucking loser snake .... but its her brother that is the asshole in this? im confused ...

But he is not her husband anymore and no matter how awful he was, and I detested him from the beginning, he is the girls father and they love him. I think the point is no matter how awful Joe is, time to STFU for the sake if the nieces he claims to love so much. But then he would need a storyline. I can't stand Teresa, Joe or the Gorga's. I do kind of like the girls, especially Gia, who has turned out amazingly well after such a turbulent childhood. I wish her Uncle would just go away and take his fake wife with him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, chlban said:

But he is not her husband anymore and no matter how awful he was, and I detested him from the beginning, he is the girls father and they love him. I think the point is no matter how awful Joe is, time to STFU for the sake if the nieces he claims to love so much. But then he would need a storyline. I can't stand Teresa, Joe or the Gorga's. I do kind of like the girls, especially Gia, who has turned out amazingly well after such a turbulent childhood. I wish her Uncle would just go away and take his fake wife with him.

The difference is they don't care that their father calls their mother a whore, bitch, stupid on television or cheated on her or any of the other awful things he has done to her ... they give him a pass.... they blame her for what he does ... watch past episodes they ALL side with their father ... they need to learn that NO just because they don't care that their dad is an ass to their mother doesn't mean the rest of her family doesn't ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

Nothing wrong with being gay. Not too cool of your wife isn't informed. Although I can sympathize with how difficult it would be I'm their culture. I have a friend whose parents didn't speak to him for 6 years, and that's here in Southern CA. I get that coming out can be difficult but, if he I'd  Jennifer should know. And, honestly, I doubt she would leave him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Eh, the woman (Jennifer) can be pretty awful herself, which is why those awful people are against her.  In particular, she has been really judgmental towards Margaret and Melissa - some of which was shown last night in flashbacks and comments - so it's not surprising she's getting a little bit of her own back from them.  At the reunion last year, she basically victim-blamed Margaret for being sexually harassed when Margaret was in her 20s.

Anyway, I don't think Margaret should have brought up the affair but I can also understand why Margaret thinks that Jennifer is being hypocritical given how harshly Jennifer has judged Margaret. All of that being said, I thought that the most interesting thing that Jennifer said was when she said to Jackie that Teresa and Dolores don't have Jen's back the same way that Jackie, Melissa, and Margaret have each other's backs. Sounds like Jennifer is starting to recognize that being Teresa's protector has some consequences. 

I thought the most interesting thing was Jennifer correcting facts about the girlfriends profession. No insane denials. I actually rather liked it. Most of the howives  especially Teresa, live in such a state of denial, I found it refreshing and would like to hear more from her perspective. My BFF'S hubby had an affair over 20 years ago, about 20 years into their marriage. He even moved out for a few months, then they did counseling, he moved back home and they are honestly the happiest couple I know. The do everything together-even tested positive for Covid on the same day which I have teased them about-"do you guys really need to do everything together"-I only teased after they recovered from their very mild cases. At any rate  marriages survive, but not if you pretend it never happened. I would like to hear more about the affair, so at least I am interested in something here.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

The restaurant scene where Melissa and Joe go to dinner with their good friends, Tiki Barber and wife Traci:

Traci talks about how they were the victim of gossip and slandering when she and Tiki met on the the Today show, as they were both employees. She was 23 and he left his wife with 3 kids and pregnant at 8 weeks - for her.

Wow, surprise surprise that they were talked about !  ~eyeroll~

I also couldn't help but wonder of Matt Lauer hit on her. 

LOL The victim of gossip, ROFL girl like he was still cheating on his pregnant wife tho doesn't matter if she was 1 week pregnant ... she tried to down play it like well she was only a little pregnant LOL girl please he apparently was still fucking her condomless or not when he was cheating so it couldn't have been that bad for him

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Ummm, your husband is a plastic surgeon and you get a nose job in Turkey?  And then insist on keeping it bandaged when your husband (the plastic surgeon) says you can take it off.  Ok. Nothing weird there Jennifer.

She probably kept the bandages on so no one would see how horrible it looks. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 7