Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Smoke, Mirrors and Foggy Diamonds

• Start Topic

On 2/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It is interesting that this all happened 10 years ago, and it seems like Jennifer and Bill worked through their issues - which speaks well of both of them, I think. I agree that denying that something happened - and that there was something not working in their marriage that probably contributed to the affair - is not a healthy way to react. 

I also think that the fact that the affair happened probably contributed to Jennifer's attitude towards Margaret - but at the end of the day, Margaret isn't the woman who had the affair with Bill, everyone's situation is different, and Jennifer constantly picking at Margaret is not healthy behavior. I think Margaret is right to say that Jennifer shouldn't pretend like everything has always been perfect with Bill because obviously, it hasn't. But I also think that bringing up this affair at a party is pretty tacky behavior. (I mean, at the end of the day, it was going to come out on camera as soon as Margaret was aware of it, but she could have done it in a less tacky way).

And here I thought they had the perfect marriage.  I always admired them.  Then, she has the baby a few days after finding out.  How do you get over that?  Five kids I guess.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 2/2/2022 at 5:37 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Margaret, Melissa and Jackie were like a bitter botched coven going after Jennifer. Yes, Jennifer’s nose was terrible but each one of them is uglier and faker looking than Jennifer. Yes, Jennifer was mean to Margaret but Margaret’s gross!

I’m finally getting around to watching this on my dvr and I agree with you 💯. Jennifer’s nose did look really bad in profile, but it looked better in her talking heads and in other segments so she either had it fixed or it finally “settled”. Either way, Jackie is not one to talk about looks. Her style is still pitiful, very cheap looking and that hair, ick. Don’t throw stones girl, you look plenty fucked up yourself. Margaret’s face is pulled so tight she looks like the crypt keeper with fish lips. And that horses mane she wore to the bbq. Disgusting. Only Melissa looks better this season, and was appropriately dressed for a jersey summer barbecue. I’m from NJ and the heat and humidity are both unforgiving. Everyone but Melissa looked hot and smelly. How in the word was Jenn wearing long sleeves?!

As far as the tape, I’ve never seen it but it was obviously made a long time ago for an ex, so who gives a shit??  Why should Louis have to explain himself to anyone, let alone Marge and coven??  So far Margaret’s only story is talking about Louis and this tape that doesn’t even matter, and outing Bills affair from ten years ago. Scandalous (not). Jennifer never said anything about Marge that Marge didn’t say about herself. She and her little minion husband are gross. I can barely stand to look at them. 

On 2/5/2022 at 3:17 PM, Hiyo said:

I always felt the "bubbies" were more for Juicy's sake than hers

In one of the earlier, pre-bubbies seasons she asked Joe if he wanted her to get them and he was like eh, I married you without them it doesn’t really matter. Not to say he didn’t like them but I don’t think he cared either way. 

Even with all the drama of having Tre and Juicy as parents the Guidice girls all seem to be turning out ok. Makes me feel better about my kids’ chances 😉

28 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Even with all the drama of having Tre and Juicy as parents the Guidice girls all seem to be turning out ok. Makes me feel better about my kids’ chances 😉

Keep watching.  Gia seriously grates this season with all the HBIC attitude but I'm hoping we can chalk it up to being 20 and thinking you know everything better than everybody and she grows out of it.  

I hold on to the most hope for Gabriella Guidice who is very rarely on camera. 

I also have a lot of sympathy for Antonia Gorga. Her parents have moved her to a new school where the first thing anyone will know about her is that her family is on RHONJ. And not wanting to be a cheerleader after a knee injury should be respected,  especially after Simone Byles and the Olympics.  I realize this was filmed during the summer so it could be pre-Olympics, but the thought stands- trusting your body is essential mentally when flying through the air.

• Love 1
On 2/2/2022 at 8:33 PM, Real Housewife LI said:

i feel like Marg went after bill and his affair because Jennifer brings up Margaret cheating every chance she can get...and condemn her for it...lyes portrays her husband as the salt of the earth. Yet he essentially was doing exactly the same thing as Marg....but gets a pass because he pays her bills and gives her a high end lifestyle. 

On 2/3/2022 at 9:04 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

True, Jennifer isn't telling any tales out of school when she continuously and harshly criticizes Margaret for the affair - but telling secrets isn't the only reason to dislike someone's behavior. Jennifer has been relentless in her judgment of Margaret, to the point where she was actively slut-shaming Margaret for the fact that Margaret faced sexual harassment. I can understand why, after that, Margaret doesn't have much time for Jennifer's pretense that her marriage is perfect.

All of that being said, I rewatched the last few minutes last night and it did seem like initially, Margaret wasn't going to say anything about the affair at the party - it looked like she recognized that this wasn't the right time. But Jen kept pushing and Margaret didn't have enough self-control to not say it. 

But I also suspect that Jen knew it was going to come out eventually. I know she says she didn't tell anyone but she didn't seem surprised that Margaret was aware of the affair and intending upon bringing it up. I do think her reaction - not denying it - was the right one, but it indicates to me that she wasn't shocked it was being mentioned.

All this. Do I understand Jennifer's argument that she didn't comment on anything Margaret hadn't been open about? Yes. Jennifer did not out any secrets. But she was very harsh on Marge, like cheating is the absolute worst thing you could ever do in life, and even judged her for something that happened in her early 20s that she felt pressured into. 

Do I understand taking the high road and that outing this about Bill is hurtful? Absolutely. I'm not saying Margaret spilling the beans was how I'd handle things. But I absolutely get why Marge just couldn't take it anymore. Jennifer brags about how wonderful Bill is but makes Margaret out to be this slut. It reminds me of when she poured the water on Danielle. Good idea? Perhaps not, but she was absolutely provoked. The nicest person can only take so much.

• Like 1