Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Larry's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I ADORE Instacart. I tip my shoppers very generously and leave them great reviews. I spend a lot less. money and impulse buying is nil. LOVE it. 

I shopped for them for a short time. Wish I could have had you as a customer. Some people would lower the tip if stuff was out of stock as if it was my fault, and I did it when covid 1st hit. So there was a lot of stuff out. It sucked! 

They are making sausage in Switzerland or carrying wine and chestnuts up 400 steps on the Race.  I switched over to Larry at the break and he still can’t lose much.  Or rather won’t lose.  He is boring. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

I admit... I'm always impressed when a super morbidly obese person goes to a gym.  I expect it's very embarrassing.

I get pissed off when I see people snicker. They need to start somewhere and are trying to make changes…don’t be an asshole.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Stock up for the snowstorm. I went to Trader Joe’s the other day and bought a lot of frozen dinners and had to clean out my freezer when I got home to make room for it all. 

I have to go to the office tomorrow so I'm planning a Target run on my way home. I need hot cocoa mix and will probably pick up some frozen dinners just because I have been lazy and feeling crappy lately and it's better than not eating...

• Love 2
Just now, Poudre said:

I am loving instacart also. My only complaint is produce. They don’t choose the quality of fruits and vegetables that I would. And I too tip generously.

I'm weird with produce and meat. That would be my worry.

• Love 2
Just now, Poudre said:

I am loving instacart also. My only complaint is produce. They don’t choose the quality of fruits and vegetables that I would. And I too tip generously.

I used Instacart at the beginning of the pandemic.  Absolutely great.  great people and never had a problem at all.. and also tipped generously.  

• Love 3
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I get pissed off when I see people snicker. They need to start somewhere and are trying to make changes…don’t be an asshole.

I agree. I think they are brave to do it. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Speaking of gym...  It's been almost 2 years since I've been to a gym and I have given up on going back because I think exercising in a mask is ridiculous, so I just had an elliptical delivered and installed yesterday.  Now I have basically everything I liked to use at home and I have no more excuses.  I need to build stamina back up, for me that's the impact of the pandemic since I didn't gain any weight.  But I definitely lost muscle and endurance...

I can relate. I got a treadmill, but I got a knee injury….freak accident.  Not sure if it needs rest or movement. Ive tried ice, heat, rest, stretching…….next step ortho. 😫

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

He doesn't want to be cremated. Do they have crematories that big?

Ok, maybe this is just an urban legend, but I've read that some deceased human mega-pounders have been sent to zoos where facilities are available for cremating the really big animals, apes, giraffes, ... hippos.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I did the same. I have my elliptical and some light weights. Still trying to,work in the weights but working with heavier resistance on the elliptical 4 times a week. It is minus 17 now and too cold for walks

When I retired, I looked around at gyms and using the university's gyms w/the retiree discount. However, the weather gets bad here and I knew there would be months which would include a lot of days when I wouldn't go on the road.

I bought a Total Gym and really like it. I also have a stepper with a hand rail up in my office. My computer reminds me every 90 minutes to take a break and blanks out the screen. Sometimes I get on the stepper, sometimes I just walk around or do some light cleaning. 

My main concern is keeping stamina, carry my laundry & groceries, and being able to walk up and down my stairs as I get older. I'm not trying to be a crazy gym rat or anything.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

Don't any of you guys have space heaters?  My home office where I hang out all the time is over the garage. If I turn the heat up so that it's warmer in here, it is too hot in the rest of the house. I use a space heater - but only when I am in the room. I'm a little freaky about them, even unplugging it when I leave for the evening. Still, it makes a difference. 

I do have a space heater. I actually do prefer to sleep in a cooler room, so I have flannel pjs and a down comforter. I'm cozy enough. But I saw that 2° on my phone and yikes!

I'm just bitching for bitching's sake. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Speaking of gym...  It's been almost 2 years since I've been to a gym and I have given up on going back because I think exercising in a mask is ridiculous, so I just had an elliptical delivered and installed yesterday.  Now I have basically everything I liked to use at home and I have no more excuses.  I need to build stamina back up, for me that's the impact of the pandemic since I didn't gain any weight.  But I definitely lost muscle and endurance...

The gym and the cafeteria at work have been closed since March 25th, 2020. They just opened up some food service in the cafeteria this week (though I forgot to go down to get a tour...). It appears to be a glorified vending machine and mostly drinks and snacks like chips and stuff. I really wish they would reopen the gym.

He hasn't been approved but he's packing to move.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Good luck!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I ADORE Instacart. I tip my shoppers very generously and leave them great reviews. I spend a lot less. money and impulse buying is nil. LOVE it. 

Boy, that's the truth. No impulse buying makes a huge difference. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Hmmm...  I have never thought of making a chickpea soup.  That could be a nice addition to my split pea and lentil pulse soup rotation...  I will google some recipes.

I make Anne Burrell's recipe, spiced with cumin and coriander, and you puree it with a food mill or stick blender. Absolutely delicious.  

1 minute ago, mk828 said:

I shopped for them for a short time. Wish I could have had you as a customer. Some people would lower the tip if stuff was out of stock as if it was my fault, and I did it when covid 1st hit. So there was a lot of stuff out. It sucked! 

That sucks, how rude! If there's ever an issue where I've been charged for something and didn't get it (which happens sometimes) I do report it so my account can be credited but I always include a note that I'm sure it was an oversight and that I hope the shopper won't experience any negative repercussions. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Boston said:

I used Instacart at the beginning of the pandemic.  Absolutely great.  great people and never had a problem at all.. and also tipped generously.  

I get Walmart grocery delivery. They use DoorDash.

The DoorDash guy dropped my bottle of Prego on my front porch the other day. Though it broke, it was contained by the plastic bag. I still wasn't happy, tho.

I don't get ready to eat food delivered. I refused to pay extra for stuff. If I can't go get it myself, I'll just eat what I have in the fridge/freezer. 

Boy, he's still struggling to get out of that van. He can't have lost much.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

I do have a space heater. I actually do prefer to sleep in a cooler room, so I have flannel pjs and a down comforter. I'm cozy enough. But I saw that 2° on my phone and yikes!

Me too, I prefer to sleep in cooler rooms.  It will be 5 degrees here tonight and I am debating if I want to unpack the down comforter but I think I will be OK with my normal two thin blankets + heavy woolen one.  

• Love 1

What the bell is Larry talking about? His online friend had a death in the family, so a trucker friend came in and finished the drive? He said there was a snowstorm and snow was “hitting the car and everything.” 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2