Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Larry's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And he wears actual clothes. And shoes, even if they are Crocs. 

Look, I'm clutching at straws here, people. 

So, its 9:06, Dr. Now has cut the singing, crying manatee loose, what happens for the next hour? Are we just going to sit around and talk about our feelings or what? 

Don’t besmirch the Manatee. They are beautiful, graceful  and majestic creatures 

D7A40868-872A-4EEA-B4C6-BF7C73A15C9B.png

• Love 15

He lost 37 pounds, but I didn't catch over how many months.  It would be very respectable amount for 1 month, decent for 2, but not enough for anything longer than that.

PS  It was 3 months, so barely an improvement over 9 pounds the first month.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 6

I realize that most of these people can't use a regular scale, but is there something contractually with TLC that stops them from finding a scale in a bariatric doctor's office or landfill?  I've seen other people do it after they've been to Dr Now and he doesn't want them traveling back and forth, but this whole thing of "I don't know what I weigh. I hope I did OK" is getting on my nerves.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
Just now, aliya said:

I realize that most of these people can't use a regular scale, but is there something contractually with TLC that stops them from finding a scale in a bariatric doctor's office or landfill?  I've seen other people do it after they've been to Dr Now and he doesn't want them traveling back and forth, but this whole thing of "I don't know what I weigh. I hope I did OK" is getting on my nerves.

Trying to build the suspense for a bored audience I suppose.

2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Don’t besmirch the Manatee. They are beautiful, graceful  and majestic creatures 

I would never! I actually love manatees. I just wanted to imply size. 

And I love you forever for using the word "besmirch". Its one of my favorites. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

One of my sisters doesn't like manatees for some reason. Once I found that out, I made it my business to send her a notebook with a cover that said, "Once there was a girl who loved manatees. And it was me." 

I'm evil that way.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

120 pounds in 3 months?  Yeah right.  I think he might lose 50-60, an incremental improvement over his current weight loss, but I don't think he can make the full change required.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I would never! I actually love manatees. I just wanted to imply size. 

And I love you forever for using the word "besmirch". Its one of my favorites. 

I agree.

Using “besmirch” was “sufficient” in expressing your idea.

9 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Be careful.  Hamsters can be vicious.  And they can easily bite through the nail, and nails heal poorly.   Personal experience speaking! 

PS  I still have the picture of my favorite hamster I painted in 2nd grade art class!   she was the classic golden color.

Thank you. I have experience with them, so his less-than-cheerful disposition is ok with me. This guy was given to a child as a birthday gift (first mistake) and kept in a small, stupid Critter-Keeper cage. Of course, the hamster bit, the kid lost interest, and the animal sat in his prison for 14 months until the parents ditched him at the humane society. 

Kids want them to act like tiny dogs and become a best friend. They are burrowing, nocturnal desert rodents...they don't climb, they don't do tricks, and they don't like being grabbed. He's perfect for me...we're both chubby, cranky and old. 😆

I'm building him a bigger cage, which will help his disposition. He still may not like me, and that's ok.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

He's a germaphobe, but he's OK with walking barefoot in a medical clinic.

Didn't you know that bleach cures everything...even the nasty shit I am stepping on because I did not put on shoes!?!?  YUCK!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

So Dr. Now wouldn't send him to more psychotherapy because Larry already did that with the first weight loss surgery??  Or does Dr. Now just know that Larry isn't serious and doesn't want to do the work?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Sounds adorable.

Sounds dangerous!  Did you know vampires were initially imagined with incisor fangs (basically, rodent-like teeth, which would be also more appropriate functionally)?  Only when they started to be glamorized their depictions switched to the more aesthetically appealing predator-like canine fangs.  

• Useful 3
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Have we seen him since vagina lady threatened to attack him? Maybe is is stuck in one of her folds

Slack-jawed Dolly met with him last week.  Dr. Paradise is safe!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Sounds dangerous!  Did you know vampires were initially imagined with incisor fangs (basically, rodent-like teeth, which would be also more appropriate functionally)?  Only when they started to be glamorized their depictions switched to the more aesthetically appealing predator-like canine fangs.  

This little dude would make an excellent vampire. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Holy moly it's 2 degrees outside. 

I hate this 😩😩😩

My feet are frozen.. I have the heat cranked, my space heater on (only when i'm in the room) and just put fleece over my pajamas.  Good news though, SNOW SATURDAY.  crap.

• Love 2