Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Larry's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

A gym.... good. He needs to do something. 

Speaking of gym...  It's been almost 2 years since I've been to a gym and I have given up on going back because I think exercising in a mask is ridiculous, so I just had an elliptical delivered and installed yesterday.  Now I have basically everything I liked to use at home and I have no more excuses.  I need to build stamina back up, for me that's the impact of the pandemic since I didn't gain any weight.  But I definitely lost muscle and endurance...

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Stock up for the snowstorm. I went to Trader Joe’s the other day and bought a lot of frozen dinners and had to clean out my freezer when I got home to make room for it all. 

We have some in our freezer.

• Love 1

Nope,  I was too generous.  586.  Only 16 pounds lost in 3 months is even worse than he used to do!  5 pounds  a month is a normal person's rate of loss, not a poundticipant's!

• Love 5
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Stock up for the snowstorm. I went to Trader Joe’s the other day and bought a lot of frozen dinners and had to clean out my freezer when I got home to make room for it all. 

I'm dieting, so I don't need a lot of food or snacks. Just some stuff to make salads and a couple of Lean Cuisines. Eggs and maybe some spinach or asparagus to change things up. Last shop most of my stuff was available so I feel fairly sanguine. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Speaking of gym...  It's been almost 2 years since I've been to a gym and I have given up on going back because I think exercising in a mask is ridiculous, so I just had an elliptical delivered and installed yesterday.  Now I have basically everything I liked to use at home and I have no more excuses.  I need to build stamina back up, for me that's the impact of the pandemic since I didn't gain any weight.  But I definitely lost muscle and endurance...

I did the same. I have my elliptical and some light weights. Still trying to,work in the weights but working with heavier resistance on the elliptical 4 times a week. It is minus 17 now and too cold for walks

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Nope,  I was too generous.  586.  Only 16 pounds lost in 3 months is even worse than he used to do!  5 pounds  a month is a normal person's rate of loss, not a poundticipant's!

That’s less than 1% of his body weight a month.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

14 here in beautiful Salem MA! I'm getting my Instacart order tomorrow. I have plenty of wine. I feel prepared. 

I don't think that I'll ever give up grocery deliveries. One of the good thing that came out of the pandemic. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

There should be some kind of religious based Richard Simmons diet. Sweatin' to the Gospel.

There have been religion based workout to gospel music, and diet programs.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Don't any of you guys have space heaters?  My home office where I hang out all the time is over the garage. If I turn the heat up so that it's warmer in here, it is too hot in the rest of the house. I use a space heater - but only when I am in the room. I'm a little freaky about them, even unplugging it when I leave for the evening. Still, it makes a difference. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

I don't think that I'll ever give up grocery deliveries. One of the good thing that came out of the pandemic. 

I ADORE Instacart. I tip my shoppers very generously and leave them great reviews. I spend a lot less. money and impulse buying is nil. LOVE it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Chicks dig his velveteen polo!

Only when paired with the rainbow crocs

Edited by PsychoKlown
Just now, aliya said:

Don't any of you guys have space heaters?  My home office where I hang out all the time is over the garage. If I turn the heat up so that it's warmer in here, it is too hot in the rest of the house. I use a space heater - but only when I am in the room. I'm a little freaky about them, even unplugging it when I leave for the evening. Still, it makes a difference. 

We have three going!

• Love 2
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

I love grocery shopping.  I find it inspiring.  But I did grow up with empty shelves (not the 'pandemic short-term some shelves empty', the first 9 years of my life of 'the only thing you can freely buy is bread and you are issued coupons allowing you to get, say, 1 kg of butter and 0.5 kg of cheese per month per person, but you have to hunt it down first and that's no guarantee'.   If not for the farm where we grew most of our own vegetables and my Grandma keeping pigs and rabbits and goats for milk, we would hardly ever have meat or milk. So yeah...  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Yes, I have one in the living room for the early morning and a small one close to my bathroom when I take a shower.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I'm strictly a "more blankets" girl. My thermostat stays at 66 and we just wrap up warmly. I found some fleece lined leggings and my god those things are gold. I wish I had half a dozen pair. 

• Love 5
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I ADORE Instacart. I tip my shoppers very generously and leave them great reviews. I spend a lot less. money and impulse buying is nil. LOVE it. 

I am loving instacart also. My only complaint is produce. They don’t choose the quality of fruits and vegetables that I would. And I too tip generously.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Figures, last week my delicious homemade chickpea soup 

Hmmm...  I have never thought of making a chickpea soup.  That could be a nice addition to my split pea and lentil pulse soup rotation...  I will google some recipes.

• Love 1