Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: The Teflon Queen

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Robyn also seems depressed, doesn’t seem intelligent and dresses like she is a secretary from 1980.

9 to 5.jpg

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 18
3 hours ago, Noergli said:

I wonder if Kody would have been able to be as horrible as he is today seen on tv with his children if he had never met Robyn. I can't imagine that he was always that awful cause in the first years (even still the later Vegas days) he seemed to have a normal relationship to all of his kids and seemed really to care about them all.

I feel that he had this normal relationship with the kids when they were younger because the kids didn't know any better. They thought this was a normal upbringing and believed what they were told without question. What younger child doesn't adore their parents, even if they aren't great parents? As they grew, went to public schools, learned different points of view, their response to him changed. When they started questioning him or moving off into their own lives, that's when things changed. IMO. Whether Robin had anything to do with it, we will probably never know (unless the kids decide to write their own books someday!)

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Starlight22 said:

Kody is such a coward because of this; he strings along the wives, forcing them to make the decision to split; in his statement on social media about the divorce w/Christine, he says she decided “to leave”. As if he was committed  to her in any way. Another one of his manipulative maneuvers. 

I think the conscious wording is similar to how he refers to his wives houses and his wives children.  It’s a throwback to an attempt at Mormon Plyg sects to prove how contemporary their church has become since they can’t legally cohabitate in one big house and how their women aren’t “controlled”.  He essentially leaves one wife for another every time he swaps in and out of their houses…and he is to be their first and foremost, which they all signed onto.

Their polygamous pairings amongst each other aren’t based on democracy, but dictatorship.  In a dictatorship one has two choices.  Accept the circumstances of your situation or leave it.  There is no negotiating, because the Brown family  & it’s Dicktater Kody doesn’t believe in a lifestyle or an afterlife where women ultimately call any of the shots.  After evaluating her situation, she chose to leave.  No use pretending if you aren’t all in.

• Love 14
On 1/16/2022 at 11:41 PM, Sasha888 said:

If Kody's older kids need any more proof that it isn't all in their heads that Robyn is the favorite, they should watch the scene in this episode where he comes back to Robyn's house after being gone.

He opens up his coat so Skankarella can crawl right in 🤮. With the other moms he's like an awkward, stiff-armed 13 yr old at a middle school dance.

This was really something.  It said it all. 

• Love 23

One thing that does annoy me is I want to hear from Christine and all the kids in candid interviews but due to back to back filming they will all have gag orders. I wonder if this is why filming happened so fast so TLC could tell this how they wanted to now that the family finally have a story of interest to show. I'm sick of them spinning their side of it. Let's get down to the real nitty gritty of it!! 

• Love 12
On 1/17/2022 at 2:11 PM, laurakaye said:

So Christine and Janelle were doing things outside of their homes, like attending the surgeries of family members (which despite what Kodork says, were NOT VACATIONS).  Christine and Janelle were getting together with their kids, and I guess we are to think that Christine was getting massages (wonder who outed her on that - Robyn probably installed a tracking device on Christine's car).  Were they being irresponsible?  I don't know, it's a deeply personal individual call.  Pre-Thanksgiving and Christmas 2020, I was going places, getting my hair cut, shopping, going to the library, etc., while following the mandates and guidelines.  But where the extreme disconnect comes in is that Kody only wants his underlings to leave their homes when HE says so, under HIS rules and restrictions.  Okay, fine, great.  But then he constantly whines about how he thinks he's being lied to about who went where and with whom.  So for Christine and Janelle, there was literally no good way to live their lives during the cluster that was Covid in 2020.  If they went anywhere, Kody flipped his weave.  If they'd stayed put and literally never left and followed his rules to the letter, he wouldn't believe them anyway - or he'd deem them unclean because Garrison went to work or Gwen forgot to wipe down a box of Cheerios or something.  Kody set rules that were intentionally impossible to follow just so he could thump his chest and declare that if everyone was going to break the rules, then he was going to stay away - and he threw blame at anyone in his path - Janelle, Gabe, Ysabel's spine, etc.

As eye-opening as this season has been, the arguments over Covid "protoculls" has been as annoying as those never-ending roundabout conversations about who the hell was going to live in the trees.  And it's yet another example of how Kody is an expert at blowing so much hot air around that he completely confuses his family to the point where they all shut down.

TL:DR - Kody SUCKS and he deserves to be alone with Robyn for eternity.

This is the best description of that monstrosity that I have heard yet.

🎊 🎊 🎊 

For flipped his weave. Thanks for the 😀

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ElsieEm said:

He seemed genuinely confused about Gabe saying it was important for him to see Christine! Never crossed his mind, and that's very telling.

The response to Gabe speaking to highly of Christine was "well, that was before we moved to Vegas"!   He has no idea the connection, love, and support they did and still receive from Christine.   Any value Christine had in Kody's eyes instantly fell away when he married Robyn.  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Pooky said:

I hope Christine has some family photos with Robyns face crossed out or has ripped her and Kody out of them in those boxes 😂🤣🤣

Now I'm envisioning Christine doing a Faye Dunaway/Joan Crawford a la Mommie Dearest, and doing exactly that.  Yes!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Gabe can’t pick up and find a new dad because this one let him down and broke his heart by replacing him and shoving it in his face.

Sadly, many kids do without a parent for any one of another of reasons.  Absent fathers are almost the norm in our society rather than the exception.  Gabe will avenge the loss by being a great husband for Paedon or whomever he ultimately ends up with.  His dad will be a great role model…. of what NOT to do as a husband or father.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I feel that he had this normal relationship with the kids when they were younger because the kids didn't know any better. They thought this was a normal upbringing and believed what they were told without question. What younger child doesn't adore their parents, even if they aren't great parents? As they grew, went to public schools, learned different points of view, their response to him changed. When they started questioning him or moving off into their own lives, that's when things changed. IMO. Whether Robin had anything to do with it, we will probably never know (unless the kids decide to write their own books someday!)

Hi mom!😉

I totally agree with kids adoring their parents when they’re little. They will love you unconditionally douchebag or not. This may change when they get older. However, we’re dealing with Kody who was a different man back then. He seemed more relaxed, happy and (a little)more involved with his kids. This Kody is different; a proper narcissist Dicktater who loves to inflict pain. To me, the rift between his kids is mostly caused by his erratic behavior and increasing worship of Robyn over the past few years and not because the kids have become more critical.

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, b2H said:

Sadly, many kids do without a parent for any one of another of reasons.  Absent fathers are almost the norm in our society rather than the exception.  Gabe will avenge the loss by being a great husband for Paedon or whomever he ultimately ends up with.  His dad will be a great role model…. of what NOT to do as a husband or father.

37 minutes ago, b2H said:

Paedon is his brother. Current girlfriend is Peyton. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

How ridiculous is it that the two names, as odd as they both are, are so close….?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
On 1/16/2022 at 11:46 PM, TeeMo said:

Instead he took the opportunity to check out from their lives completely, shrug and blame it on COVID. He is a terrible father.

I  barely watch this show because Kody is such an opprobrious piece of work. I did see the ones where Ysabel (I think) had the back surgery and he was so concerned for HIMSELF that he refused to see her. It was heartbreaking, just like with Gabe.

This cretin is such a waste of space that I can't believe he found one wife, much less four.

I, too, hope the wives and kids clear out and leave him on his own sorry ass.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
20 minutes ago, renatae said:

I  barely watch this show because Kody is such an opprobrious piece of work. I did see the ones where Ysabel (I think) had the back surgery and he was so concerned for HIMSELF that he refused to see her. It was heartbreaking, just like with Gabe.

This cretin is such a waste of space that I can't believe he found one wife, much less four.

I, too, hope the wives and kids clear out and leave him on his own sorry ass.

You taught me a new word: opprobrious! I had to look up the meaning! A good adjective to describe Kody Brown.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 1/16/2022 at 11:13 PM, Madding crowd said:

It looked like Robyn was wearing one of those expensive Canadian Goose parkas when she was sitting out with Janelle.

I thought the same thing at first but I’m pretty sure it was a Michael Kors (MK) which is about 1/10th of the price

• Useful 4
19 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

Meri, Kody and Robyn really are the perfect family.  They all deserve each other.  

Reading this brought home the fact that it has really come around full circle for Meri, but instead of it being her and Kody on the inside, and Janelle desperately wanting in, it's now Robyn and Kody on the inside, and Meri desperately wanting in.  Karma's a bitch, baby.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:13 PM, TeeMo said:

Between Kody’s boxes in the garage and the “childcare provider” getting COVID, I cackled at the preview for next week.

Yes, Robyn called her the "childcare provider", and has apparently given up entirely on the pretense that the person was a "tutor".

• Love 15

On 1/17/2022 at 12:50 AM, islandgal140 said:

So I guess Kody isn't even fulfilling his role as spiritual leader in his family. Isn't he supposed to like lead services or something? What a crock of BS.

When they were all together in the kitchen at Christmas, saying a prayer, it looked like the blond son to his left was leading it, rather than Kody...couldn't tell if that was Garrison or Paedon.

On 1/17/2022 at 8:54 AM, laurakaye said:

I was thinking the same thing...I watch an episode and believe that I could not possibly loathe him any more than I already do, and he rises to the challenge and outperforms himself.  It's incredible.  He's so, so horrible.

After this episode I was so disgusted that I considered quitting the show.  But I really want to see Christine leave, and I'm genuinely curious about the rest of the fambly, so I guess I'm hooked.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:50 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t see it as him not loving the kids, but being terrified they die.  

Gotta disagree.  When he specifically talked about if one of the kids died from covid, he was coming from the perspective of how angry he'd be at the mom, and had no sorrow/concern at all about the actual child.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:19 PM, riverblue22 said:

Kody as a polygamist man is a total FAIL.  What about the religious services he is supposed to be leading?  What about weekly Zoom church meetings with the whole family?

Shouldn't this somehow affect his planet?  Like, it will be harder to find water, or the temperatures will be extreme...

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
On 1/16/2022 at 8:12 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

I wonder if Christine told Kody his things were in the garage or if he just found them.  

I do think it was important for her to set boundaries about her ex-husband  being in her house.

Haha maybe that was as far as he got was in the garage because he was locked out of the house….he is no ex-husband, he’s a miserable dictator sailing a sinking ship.  He is so selfish and mean to his wives and kids and he has no respect or love for them at all.

• Love 19
On 1/16/2022 at 9:29 PM, crimson23 said:

It is very telling that we never see Kody or Robyn actually doing any of the cleaning, clothes changing, sanitizing, etc etc that they preach on that list of Covid Commandments.

Kody doesn't want to be blamed for anything. (A good family leader  would own his role in the mistakes made.)  buthe has no problem blaming Janelle who didn't do anything but not buy into his BS.

No doubt Kody is a do what I say type ~ not what I do. And why on earth do they need a nanny and her husband, it makes no sense when neither of them work and they’re  five adults and two children.  Christine and Janelle must feel so stabbed in the back by them. I have to think it’s even worse than what we see in real life.  They need to wrap this show up stat!

Edited by endure
  • Love 16
On 1/16/2022 at 9:24 PM, TomGirl said:

Loved Gabe talking about Janelle’s willingness to risk Covid to be with her family, even though “she’s overweight and old.”

I thought Christine looked beautiful on tonight’s show.  I can’t wait until she finds someone to give her the love, time and attention she deserves.

I can’t wait for her to be free and happy and enjoy herself and her awesome kids and grandkids.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I had never heard the Paedon before. but the name Pauton/Peyton for girls or boys became popular around here during the 80s from the Chicago Bears Walter Payton. Also it was a lead character's name on One Tree Hill. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, endure said:

They need to wrap this show up stat!

I just read over at reddit that Paedon said on his Tic Toc account that Christine and the others are currently filming....

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

"I did not get Janelle's support to lay down the law "+ "Robyn is the only obedient wife"=fundie culture... I'm starting to wonder whether Kody is related to Jim Bob Duggar! With his newfound views, he should contact the Duggars and ask if he can join their church community.  He no longer has multiple wives so nothing to stop him there.

Edited by LilyD
added quotations for clarity
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

Hi mom!😉

I totally agree with kids adoring their parents when they’re little. They will love you unconditionally douchebag or not. This may change when they get older. However, we’re dealing with Kody who was a different man back then. He seemed more relaxed, happy and (a little)more involved with his kids. This Kody is different; a proper narcissist Dicktater who loves to inflict pain. To me, the rift between his kids is mostly caused by his erratic behavior and increasing worship of Robyn over the past few years and not because the kids have become more critical.

Hi Lily!!  LOL

I totally agree that Kody's personality has changed drastically since the first seasons. The question is, what caused this big change?  I think the arrival of Robin and her family changed the dynamics, the older kids reacted, and that has caused a lot of the nasty behaviors in Kody that you described. I don't think he can handle the rejection he feels from the older kids. It's funny because from their perspective, he has rejected them.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, laurakaye said:

there was a scene where Ari opened a Christmas gift and said "thank you," and then paused and asked, "is this from you?  Or from you?" 

Was that when she received the two new pink and purple pacifiers, you know that every 4 or 5 year old wants  ( i kid)

• LOL 12
10 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

I hope Janelle gets up the nerve to leave Kody.  His treatment of her and the children they share is shameful.  Christine was smart to leave.  Meri - she must have a secret life off- camera or else she is just a fool. 

I think Janelle is genuinely happy with her life right now. She has a lot of independence but has the "safety net" of the big family to fall back on so she doesn't have to feel like she's responsible for everything in her life, whether she is or not. I think she gets along with Kody when she sees him but isn't heartbroken when the complications he brings with him aren't a part of her daily life. 

I think the only ways Janelle would leave would be if Ramen Noodles starts actually limiting her time with her adult children in a way other than huffing, puffing and destroying his relationship with them. The other way I see her leaving is if Sobbin dictates another move happening. I think Janelle just likes her life more or less as is and the only thing I can't see her putting up with is a major change to her daily life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

image.png.225409e35afea78c4cc1a6bbc0ab1847.png

F2EE6791-14A1-479B-A7BD-EF23A4C04CA6.thumb.jpeg.32aac2514a896dd1674052728db5c0d5.jpeg

Who wore it better? (The sneer or the boing-y curls) 😂 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:37 AM, Adiba said:

I wonder where Kody would have quarantined if there were no Robyn? We know not with Janelle or Christine-- Meri?  Would he have been willing to work out a compromise with the other wives and kids--being careful but not Felix Unger-anal retentive-scared shitlesss careful?

Dollars to donuts, he would have been "forced" to stay at a hotel, because who cares about all those essential workers! Only Robyn's  his family matters! 🤮 😡 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, ActionComics25 said:

I think the only ways Janelle would leave would be if Ramen Noodles starts actually limiting her time with her adult children in a way other than huffing, puffing and destroying his relationship with them. The other way I see her leaving is if Sobbin dictates another move happening. I think Janelle just likes her life more or less as is and the only thing I can't see her putting up with is a major change to her daily life. 

If Janelle could sit through this last episode and not follow Christine's lead by boxing up Kody's random crap and setting it out on her front porch, then she can wallow in Flagstaff forever with her stupid fake husband and his wife, shilling Plexus and wondering why those greenhouses that Kody promised her have never materialized.  

And I wouldn't be surprised if Robyn is cooking up another move as we speak - except not to Utah, because that's where Janelle really wants to go, and I believe so does Kody.  So Robyn is probably looking at barren land somewhere in Emptyville, Nebraska or Desolation Village, Alaska.  Which I hear has a great community college. 🙄

• LOL 18
  • Love 4

How is Kody going to react when he hears that Janelle's kids want or do go see Christine in Utah?   Is he going to forbid them?   I don't see Janelle leaving, just enjoying more of her independence - taking trips in the RV to North Carolina.    I hope Christine gets her cut of Coyote Pass.  Wasn't Kody's thing about dividing it up separately so that each wife would be able to pass it down legally to "her" children?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Was that when she received the two new pink and purple pacifiers, you know that every 4 or 5 year old wants  ( i kid)

LOL!

I also had the thought that since she is like 5, maybe she couldn't read the name tag.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And I wouldn't be surprised if Robyn is cooking up another move as we speak - except not to Utah, because that's where Janelle really wants to go, and I believe so does Kody.  So Robyn is probably looking at barren land somewhere in Emptyville, Nebraska or Desolation Village, Alaska.  Which I hear has a great community college. 🙄

I think Janelle is very happy living in Flagstaff.  I don't see her moving unless it's to be closer to her kids.  I can see Maddie moving back west at some point and that could be a draw for Janelle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 1/16/2022 at 9:14 PM, Chalby said:

Kody is such a controlling jerk. He throws Christine and Janelle under the bus (while ghosting Meri entirely) and blames them for him staying at home with Robyn. He disregards that two of his wives follow everything the CDC asks for, while Meri has been following Kody's extreme covid rules since March 2020. He has the gall to dismiss Paityn (Garrison's girlfriend) whom he's never met and who has followed covid guidelines, YET he has no problem with a nanny being around his family more than his kids. Edit: I would hope that if kody really wants for his family to stay as a functioning unit, all the adults and any immune compromised kids would get vaccinated in 2021. (does anyone know whether they did)?

That's Gabe's girlfriend; not Garrison's.

And I doubt if Meri has really been as "lonely" (or as compliant with isolation) as she tries to portray on the show; her social media shows her socializing with other Lularoe cult members quite a lot.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

Robyn is the only obedient wife=fundie culture... 

Of course she's obedient; she's following her own rules!  Robyn is the personification of that old joke, "He chased her until she caught him."

I thought Areola asked (instead of "was it you or you"), "was it her or her"?

But I didn't realize they were pacifiers.  Maybe it was a gag gift?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Cetacean said:

Nope, there are pictures of her as a 5 year old with one stuck in her mouth.

I know that; I meant maybe the gift-giver was throwing shade.

Or meant to literally gag her since she's known for her tantrums!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4