Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: Sad Sorry Lonely Little People

Pallas
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I don’t understand what Christine said about the insurance.  It sounded like she said that as soon as she knew Ysabel was in constant pain she had to start looking for insurance.  Does that mean that none of the kids have major medical?  That in itself is an atrocity.

They have never had insurance for any of the kids.  Ever.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Does that mean that none of the kids have major medical?  That in itself is an atrocity.

It’s a sad fact. And as Cetacean said; they never had one despite needing one really badly on several occasions. Other things are more important apparently. I’m actually wondering whether Kody offering Truely Liv water instead of hospital treatment was sheer stupidity or a calculated decision (no pun intended) because he knew he’d be getting a huge bill…..

Edited by LilyD
Grammar
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Exactly.  Fuck you Kody.  

Christine didn’t try to get insurance till Ysabell was in pain every day.  That’s so weird to me. 

I wonder if she had to try to find insurance that would cover this particular surgery?? Not all insurances cover every procedure, especially if it might be deemed experimental. (Don't know that this procedure is that.)

ETA: Until I read further down the blog, I didn't realize that none of them had medical insurance.

Edited by lilysmom
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I wonder if she had to try to find insurance that would cover this particular surgery?? Not all insurances cover every procedure, especially if it might be deemed experimental. (Don't know that this procedure is that.)

That’s what I was wondering too.  Plus it’s a pre-existing condition…does that matter?

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

To double down on that, isn't that why Kody married Robyn, to ensure HER kids had insurance?

No, he divorced Meri and legally married Robyn so he could adopt Robyn’s kids. We were told that this was a necessity: If something ever happened to Robyn, her kids would go back to their bio dad which apparently was a no-brainer to all of them. 
The ‘adoption’ has been discussed at length out here and most people think it’s another Brown-truth lie for numerous reasons.  I.e. it probably never happened legally and it’s my personal guess they only did a (legal)name change.

As for a health insurance: Robyn’s kids haven’t got one either. A few years ago, Dayton was in a car crash. The resulting hospital bill nearly lead to Robyn going bankrupt and losing her house. So, it’s painfully obvious they haven’t learned a thing from past experiences…

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I don’t understand what Christine said about the insurance.  It sounded like she said that as soon as she knew Ysabel was in constant pain she had to start looking for insurance.  Does that mean that none of the kids have major medical?  That in itself is an atrocity.

Did Christine have to wait for an enrollment period and sign up for ACA? How could she afford private insurance? These people are real planners. They had money to fly back and forth to a questionable clinic and get a series of back braces that didn't work. I felt bad when Ysabel said how bulky and painful the braces were. 

I'm glad she got she finally got her back fixed properly. The surgery might have been easier if they had done it before the curvature got as bad as it did. What was Cody going on about how they waited until they could get the "right" surgery without pins and screws? The doctor was on camera saying the curvature was so bad he had to put in some hardware. 

The Browns tell so many stories that, even as a group, they can't keep them straight. 

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

That’s what I was wondering too.  Plus it’s a pre-existing condition…does that matter?

I believe that under the affordable care act, health insurance companies can't refuse to cover you or charge you more just because you have a pre-existing condition. Before that they could ask.  So that was one of the really good things about it.  I’m sure Kody never wanted to pitch in for coverage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I believe that under the affordable care act, health insurance companies can't refuse to cover you or charge you more just because you have a pre-existing condition. Before that they could ask.  So that was one of the really good things about it.  I’m sure Kody never wanted to pitch in for coverage.

Thanks for explaining that.  I remember insurance companies never covered pre existing conditions.

I do wonder if Christine actually got some kind of low income, welfare insurance?

• Love 1

The best line EVER is from the preview for next week when Christine said “What does the nanny DO??”

There is a movie called The Nanny Diaries, and they talk about the different kinds of moms that have a Nanny. I suspect that Robyn falls into the "doesn't work and doesn't parent" category. And the Nanny may be Kody's idea, if Ariella is still a pain in the ass. Solomon seems like an easy kid.

I do wonder if Christine actually got some kind of low income, welfare insurance?

Christine bought that large house. No way would she qualify for Medicaid or even a large subsidy for Obamacare. I don't know how Kody figures in because I don't know if he signs the birth certificates of the kids whose mothers he is not married to, but I'm guessing Obamacare that would cover a decent part of Ysabel's surgery is pretty expensive. And with no real jobs, they have no option other than the Healthcare Marketplace/Obamacare. Christine may have qualified for food stamps when she had 6 small children, but now she only has 2 underage kids in her care. Plus, once she got the insurance, she has to pay the full deductible because she hasn't made a dent in that yet. It must have been a freaking nightmare, but it's hers and Kody's fault. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Wellity, wellity, wellity. Meri is so sad and alone and none of her sister wives call her or want to hang with her. It is almost like she is reaping the consequences of her past actions. Who ever heard of such a thing?

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12