Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: Sad Sorry Lonely Little People

Pallas
  • Start Topic

On 12/21/2021 at 5:46 AM, laurakaye said:

Meri has been Meri-ing all over the place about how sad and lonely she is, how nobody loves her, how her relationships with some of the family are non-existent, etc.  Plus as you say, she's freaking QUARANTINED because no one wants to spend any time with her.  So why not stop whining and make yourself useful to the family that you claim to love?  The only reason I can think of is that Ysabel herself has issues with Meri and doesn't want her around, which is pretty believable.  I don't think Meri necessarily brings sunshine and rainbows when she darkens anyone's door.  And maybe Christine doesn't trust Meri to follow her instructions.  I know I wouldn't.

Actually, I think Ysabel is one of the few family members who follows Meri on Instagram and actually "likes" her posts.  I think it's probably more so that Meri has alienated Janell and Christine. 

Edited by JenMcSnark
Changed a "she" to a "meri" for clarity
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Kodouche sure showed his asshat-ness in this episode, as mentioned with many examples above.  But one that was left out, I think, was when he was discussing Ysabel's surgery, and he said "It's hard that they're doing this without me."  As though their decision to go ahead and address Ysabel's continually-worsening scoliosis and the ensuing terrible pain, was somehow an affront to Kodouche.  What an MF'er.

When Ysabel was in the hospital bed, I think at the point that she was getting up to walk, she looked exactly like Aspyn. 

18 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Meri can miss me with her fake tears about not being able to spend time with Solomon and Aeriellablobla, too.

I think her tears were genuine, because she realizes that out of this whole sorry fambly, those are the only 2 who give even half a crap about her!

9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

They talk all this shit about plyg families being better than us normies because of all the extended family and multi-mothers but when the rubber hits the road, we see it is all bullshit! Doesn't even seem like they bother to send over a casserole. 

Preach!

• Love 22
15 hours ago, deirdra said:

So he could be the star of the episodes about her surgery

Ironically, he’s seemingly getting more flak for refusing to go to the surgery than for anything else he’s done in the course of this show.  And that’s saying something.  

• Love 24
5 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

Christine has starred in a reality show now for over 10 years. There is no way she is qualifying for Medicaid.

The $50k could easily be a year of premiums, plus travel expenses and to cover a high deductible. Christine has herself, Gwen, Isyabel, and Truely to insure, so I could easily see premiums being $2.5k a month for a plan with generous nationwide in-network. That's $30k in premiums alone, plus likely a $10k deductible. Set aside $10k for travel and that $50k is gone fast. I truely hope she didn't sent $50k off to a Samaritan cost sharing plan with the hopes that it *might* get paid.

My guess is the only type of plan Christine could get was a 60/40 plan which would account for the $50,000 cost for the surgery.  The cost of the surgery can be $150K-$180K.

• Useful 10
  • Love 2

The Cleveland Clinic said the tethering surgery is less invasive, and that patients are back o normal withtin 5 months of the surgery.. They showed a teenaged girl who was an accomplished gymnast and ballerina. and she could bend herself like a pretzel. Amazing.

• Useful 16
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

These faith-based funds are pretty restrictive and require documentation that you are as religious as you say you are. How did Christine find a group that accepted the Browns' rather "fluid" beliefs and had enough members to cover this expensive surgery? Also, these faith funds don't guarantee they can or will cover something. It sometimes just depends on how big the pot of money they have is. 

I'll bet Ysabel's surgery with all the other expenses like travel, hotel, physical therapy, etc, will end up close to 100K. 

I don’t know. We had a financial advisor suggest faith-based insurance and when we said we weren’t religious, he still had some options to suggest. We didn’t go that route but it seems like we could have. Of course I live in blue blue blue country so maybe Episcopalians and such have those funds around here 😁

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I don’t know. We had a financial advisor suggest faith-based insurance and when we said we weren’t religious, he still had some options to suggest. We didn’t go that route but it seems like we could have. Of course I live in blue blue blue country so maybe Episcopalians and such have those funds around here 😁

Your situation isn't uncommon.  

Some faith-based plans will just ask you to sign a declaration that you are Christian.  But they will look more closely at finances.

That's why I suggested this as Christine's insurance.  She applied, was reviewed and declined a few times.  And the need to raise a certain amount of money--I'm guessing it is a faith-based plan.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 12/21/2021 at 7:49 PM, kassa said:

anelle's offer seemed to come from genuine concern, but how were they not brainstorming the entire time they were away how they could help upon return? A room set aside to isolate and get up every 2 hrs to glove/mask/give meds while Christine rests? Someone to sit on the porch for a couple of hours in the afternoon with a baby monitor to listen for a call from Ysabel while C grabs a nap or takes a long decompressing walk? Show up with sandwiches and throw a casserole in the oven on the way out?

Eh I call BS on this whole surgery storyline to be honest. I think we are missing information.  We hear how Kody is Ysabel's rock when she's in pain and so that is why he is so desperately missed for the surgery. Yet he doesn't seem to even know she's in pain  every day. Which is it?

I have to wonder how abruptly the daily pain started. They were seemingly caught off guard with no insurance? -- yet they knew for years that she had this curve and that it was not getting better. Why weren't Christine and Kody on top of this?

Yes, how were they not brainstorming to help prepare for her return? I actually fully understand Kody not going during 2020 (before vaccines) because he would be of no tangible help- likely only one designated visitor in the hospital was allowed. In reality, very few families have the luxury to send both parents across the country for six weeks. He could have gone - but honestly - did Christine really want him to go? She was unhappy with him already.   He absolutely could have helped upon the return though -- why didn't he? He absolutely should have helped. But again I wonder...

Did Christine sort of just tell everyone that she had everything under control-- and so they just let her have the space she said she wanted?

Don't get me wrong. Kody is an ass. But Christine sort of seems like she intentionally framed the martyr mother story. She is a great mom - I think she could have mobilized her sister wives and Kody had she really wanted to. Maybe she tried and we didn't see it -  

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Eh I call BS on this whole surgery storyline to be honest. I think we are missing information.  We hear how Kody is Ysabel's rock when she's in pain and so that is why he is so desperately missed for the surgery. Yet he doesn't seem to even know she's in pain  every day. Which is it?

I have to wonder how abruptly the daily pain started. They were seemingly caught off guard with no insurance? -- yet they knew for years that she had this curve and that it was not getting better. Why weren't Christine and Kody on top of this?

Yes, how were they not brainstorming to help prepare for her return? I actually fully understand Kody not going during 2020 (before vaccines) because he would be of no tangible help- likely only one designated visitor in the hospital was allowed. In reality, very few families have the luxury to send both parents across the country for six weeks. He could have gone - but honestly - did Christine really want him to go? She was unhappy with him already.   He absolutely could have helped upon the return though -- why didn't he? He absolutely should have helped. But again I wonder...

Did Christine sort of just tell everyone that she had everything under control-- and so they just let her have the space she said she wanted?

Don't get me wrong. Kody is an ass. But Christine sort of seems like she intentionally framed the martyr mother story. She is a great mom - I think she could have mobilized her sister wives and Kody had she really wanted to. Maybe she tried and we didn't see it -  

I think you made some good points plus if I’m not mistaken when they moved to Flagstaff didn’t Christine get a brand new luxury SUV?

by the time they moved to flagstaff she knew that none of the snake oil or contraptions were working and I recall an episode where Ysabel complained of pain…. Why get a fancy new vehicle when your child needs surgery?

I’m trying to recall which of the girls ran across the room full speed and flew into the Christmas tree? Was that Ysabel or Gwen?… whoever it was didn’t seem to be in any pain or worried about the repercussions of flying through the air into a tree.

Christine and her reactions etc are confusing…. She even defended Kody over not traveling to Ysabels surgery.

of course none of this is any excuse for kody being an uncaring jerk and horrible father.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 12/23/2021 at 7:29 PM, LuvMyShows said:

...and she made a point of trying to be comforting and reassuring to him that Ysabel is OK with him not coming.  

Christine is complicit in all of this mess and always has been.  She's no better than Kootie. I have neither the love nor the sympathy for her that others do.  

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Pain is something that is subjective and cannot be seen. If you’re dealing with pain on a daily basis but keep going, people either do not notice or assume it’s not that bad. I think both apply to Kody. He doesn’t notice because he is so self-centred and since Ysabel wasn’t bleeding to death or in full cardiac arrest, it couldn’t possibly be anything serious. Kody needs to literally see someone “dying like poor Aurora and her hysterical attacks” to become something like a loving and caring dad. 

Also, Ysabel’s scoliosis has been discussed on the show more than once. And it was always Kody who showed little or no interest and never wanted to consider surgery and opted for other (cheap) treatments. And iirc, Christine did mention that she struggled to convince Kody of the seriousness of the condition. Christine finally took matters in her own hands and opted for the surgery last year. She had to explain to Kody what the doctor had said and why they couldn’t wait any longer. He obviously hadn’t been to the appointment and even then questioned the doctors advice to have it treated sooner than later. Dickhead!

As for buying a brand new SUV: Did they actually buy it, or was it leased or “bought” on a credit card, like most of the things they “own”?

Edited by LilyD
Added bi buying the new SUV
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’m trying to recall which of the girls ran across the room full speed and flew into the Christmas tree? Was that Ysabel or Gwen?… whoever it was didn’t seem to be in any pain or worried about the repercussions of flying through the air into a tree.

That was Ysabel, and Christine cheered on and applauded her. I really was surprised why Christine let her do that. I mean, I wouldn't let any of my kids jump on the Christmas Tree. Scoliosis or not. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

As for buying a brand new SUV: Did they actually buy it, or was it leased or “bought” on a credit card, like most of the things they “own”?

Other than Kootie's 2-seater sportscar/family-avoider, it seems like they've had new vehicles every couple of years and they do no maintenance or inspection of tires on them, so I suspect they lease them for "only" X dollars a month until they are sick of them and then get a new, clean one.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
On 12/19/2021 at 11:58 PM, Sasha888 said:

Garrison is in the National Guard, and from what Janelle is saying, works hard and is saving up for a down payment so he can buy a home. Whatever training he got before getting a job, he apparently took care of on his own, since Janelle said all they've done is help him get a car. The Guards helps tremendously with any schooling you want, so I believe her.

He seems like a self-starter who makes an honest living and has a plan to me, but Kody wants to make him sound like an unemployed, lazy brat who does nothing but play video games all day. As Janelle mentioned, they let Maddie and Caleb live with them when they needed some help. It's not Garrison's plan to stay forever.

Janelle's done something right to have ended up with the sons she has. I hope she continues to choose them over Kody's nonsense. She's proud of them and has a right to be. The fact that Kody is not proud of them speaks volumes.

Garrison has probably achieved more in his short time as an adult than Kody has in his whole miserable life and Kody hates him for it. He's the same way with all of his successful, respectful, bright sons. He's a jealous, petty, spiteful little man.

Garrison, as a National Guardsman, is entitled to VA benefits. One of those benefits is the ability to buy a house without a down payment. I'm surprised he's not taking advantage of that.

• Useful 12

Garrison, as a National Guardsman, is entitled to VA benefits. One of those benefits is the ability to buy a house without a down payment. I'm surprised he's not taking advantage of that.

Maybe he wants the lower monthly payments that come with having put down a chunk of money? Or to avoid PMI?

I suspect they lease them for "only" X dollars a month until they are sick of them and then get a new, clean one

I think (though I don't know because I have never leased a car) that you pay a bigger chunk at the end if you keep the car. I can see the Browns, with their infinite financial wisdom, preferring ongoing monthly payments that go on indefinitely than just paying off a car and keeping it.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Not Buyin It said:

"Starter" homes in Flagstaff seem to be in the $300,000. range.  When Janelle was speaking with Kody, she stated that Garrison had managed to save up enough to cover closing costs. Closing costs normally run about $2000. give or take for variables such as title insurance.  Let's say he has managed to save $3000. for anticipated closing costs, and as a first time buyer, he may have to make deposits to secure utilities in his name.

If he wants to locate in Flagstaff, and VA enables him to buy without a down payment, the carrying costs on a mortgage of $300,000 plus property taxes, may be beyond his income ability to repay.  If he does want to locate in Flagstaff (not sure where he is employed), he may be trying to save a chunk of cash to reduce the principal amount of the mortgage to qualify for the monthly carrying costs.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
On 12/24/2021 at 11:45 AM, Ms.Lulu said:

Your situation isn't uncommon.  

Some faith-based plans will just ask you to sign a declaration that you are Christian.  But they will look more closely at finances.

That's why I suggested this as Christine's insurance.  She applied, was reviewed and declined a few times.  And the need to raise a certain amount of money--I'm guessing it is a faith-based plan.

Sounds likely to me too. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Christine is complicit in all of this mess and always has been.  She's no better than Kootie. I have neither the love nor the sympathy for her that others do.  

I believe her complicit attitude is just her playing along to get along.  When she does complain and sticks up for something, it gets her nowhere with Kody.  And we see how time and time again, Kody makes her out to be the bad guy....proven in the last episode when he said she was full of BS.  You can't win with that assclown,

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, crimson23 said:

I believe her complicit attitude is just her playing along to get along.  When she does complain and sticks up for something, it gets her nowhere with Kody.  And we see how time and time again, Kody makes her out to be the bad guy....proven in the last episode when he said she was full of BS.  You can't win with that assclown,

Yes, Christine shares the blame. Having enough money but not getting health insurance for your kids is reprehensible. I give her a partial pass because of her background and that she has found the strength to walk away.

• Love 10
On 12/22/2021 at 2:15 PM, all4mom2 said:

Plenty of people live in RVs, especially fifth wheelers, full-time; I wouldn't call that "homeless."  In fact, IMO you're LESS "homeless" at least owning that as opposed to renting a house.  She's said in the past she'd be perfectly happy living this way.

Truth to tell, a lot of women "of a certain age" are not interested in going at it like rabbits anymore.  Probably including Robyn.  With the possible exception of Meri.

I’m 50 and this applies to me. I’ve really felt this way for about 7 or 8 years. It’s not anything my husband did or didn’t do. Looking back now, I’d say my libido began a slow roll in my mid 30’s. Intercourse isn’t something that I miss honestly. I do appreciate hugs, snuggling and random pats on the butt but I’m good with it and don’t feel as if I’m missing out on anything. Therefore, I haven’t broached the subject with my doctors. 

Perhaps my chronic illnesses have something to do with it but I’m not so sure that’s all of it. One of my best friends feels the exact same way and is in excellent health. She is a medical professional and knows what her options are but she, like me, isn’t missing it. We are both good with our other passions in life and find happiness in them, as well as in our families. 

So I can see Janelle maybe feeling this way. She is comfortable in her own skin, in my opinion, and is content to do what makes her happy, even if that includes posting dubious recipes LOL She doesn’t need it from Kody and is probably relieved Kody may not see her that way at this point. I sure as hell was when my husband(12 years older than me) ‘aged out’ of wanting it as often. He’s a scary cat about his own health and isn’t interested in the little blue pill and I’m not complaining 😂 

• Love 12

Lest the young folk get fearful, I have to say that in my friend group, women's libidos went UP in our 40s and 50s, maybe as fear of pregnancy became less of a thing. 

That said, I always thought Janelle was the most in love with Kody of all of them, though in a sad way of being willing to take scraps of attention (she always gushed and blushed when she talked about him but I think he friendzoned her from day 1). Now that she's no longer having kids and he's pretty exclusive with Robin, she seems to be distancing herself into Grandma role and good for her if it gives her joy. Her kids will take care of her (and chances are they always knew they'd have to, eventually).

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, kassa said:

Her kids will take care of her (and chances are they always knew they'd have to, eventually).

And that is why she'd be hooped if she kicked them out like Kootie wants her to.  I suspect a lot of the rage Gabe & Garrison harbour against their sperm donor is based on how he treats their mother.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

And that is why she'd be hooped if she kicked them out like Kootie wants her to.  I suspect a lot of the rage Gabe & Garrison harbour against their sperm donor is based on how he treats their mother.

Penny Marshall wrote an autobiography detailing her awful parents, and how her brother Garry sat the siblings down one day when they were kids and basically said "our parents are crazy, you know that, right? So everything's up to us." I suspect Logan had that talk with his brothers and maybe some of the sisters before, during and after he saved himself.  

• Love 19
On 12/19/2021 at 11:42 PM, Desert Rat said:

Resembles Nellie Olsen too. 

nellie-oleson-side.png

Looks like others have picked up on your Nellie Olsen comparison….  I love that pic, same down turned frown on her face as Robyn and same stupid hairdo 😂

If I had to choose who to spend a day with I’d actually choose Nellie over Robyn 👎🏻

Give it 10 years…. “Whatever happened to Sobyn Robyn?”

FD30EB6C-27B6-4F58-8337-B2C19FD92DB8.jpeg

93442964-D9B2-4C74-A90D-DF1D4C58E65E.jpeg

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Looks like others have picked up on your Nellie Olsen comparison….  I love that pic, same down turned frown on her face as Robyn and same stupid hairdo 😂

If I had to choose who to spend a day with I’d actually choose Nellie over Robyn 👎🏻

Give it 10 years…. “Whatever happened to Sobyn Robyn?”

FD30EB6C-27B6-4F58-8337-B2C19FD92DB8.jpeg

93442964-D9B2-4C74-A90D-DF1D4C58E65E.jpeg

I love that movie!  RobChyn could never outdo Bette acting-wise, with her bullshit fake crying.

Seriously, has RobChyn EVER cried rill tears?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/20/2021 at 4:04 AM, crimson23 said:

...maybe the Nanny does things for Kody.  

There's a rumor circulating that the nanny is actually serving as surrogate for Kody and Robyn's baby. Helped along by comments made by (?) Garrison and Kody's paranoia about covid (conveniently keeping everybody away from their little love nest).

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Not Buyin It said:

There's a rumor circulating that the nanny is actually serving as surrogate for Kody and Robyn's baby. Helped along by comments made by (?) Garrison and Kody's paranoia about covid (conveniently keeping everybody away from their little love nest).

What's wrong with Robyn? Did she close up shop or what??

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

What's wrong with Robyn? Did she close up shop or what??

I could be 100% wrong but I think that ship has sailed.  At 43 the last thing I would be thinking about would be having another child.  More so if I needed help with the ones I already had.  

Kody pretty much said he thinks they are done.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I believe that's because he actually had to help parent the last two. He sure was exasperated with Ari and her sleep habits and more.
 I can't remember which season, but I remember him saying that he's only changed around five diapers among that entire gaggle of kids. Robyn forcing him to help and be an actual father is the only thing she's done that I can agree with.

Or maybe she knows that she doesn't need to have another pregnancy and child to get his full attention and extra time focused on her, she has all of it the majority of the time now.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I could be 100% wrong but I think that ship has sailed.  At 43 the last thing I would be thinking about would be having another child.  More so if I needed help with the ones I already had.  

Interesting, but I still say that she's a lazy ass for a mother. If only I could be 43 again 🙄

• Love 7
On 2/27/2022 at 1:09 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

I believe that's because he actually had to help parent the last two. He sure was exasperated with Ari and her sleep habits and more.
 I can't remember which season, but I remember him saying that he's only changed around five diapers among that entire gaggle of kids. Robyn forcing him to help and be an actual father is the only thing she's done that I can agree with.

Or maybe she knows that she doesn't need to have another pregnancy and child to get his full attention and extra time focused on her, she has all of it the majority of the time now.

I suspect him being more hands on with both Solomon and Ari from birth is the first time he has been so hands on with any of his kids. He was the "YAY DAD is here!!" when he walked in the room like a fun uncle vs a getting up in the middle of the night with a bottle and diaper change dad.

Plus he has to be hands on with Robyn's very specific instructions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Yes.  Kootie asked RobChyn, "will you let Sol and Ari go? (to the cookout.)  RobChyn doesn't think she should have to get off her lazy butt and corral her own kids.  

I hope she and Kootie are making each other miserable in their isolation.  

• Love 10
On 2/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

I thought about it the other day and compared Kody’s parenting with wealthy people owning horses. They have them in big training facilities where others look after them and do the day to day training and grooming. The fun rides and competitions are left to the owner, whereas the mucking out, grooming and all other dirty and boring jobs are done for you. 
Kody was around for the fun part, playing around, tucking them in, cheer them on at competitions or graduation but not for the rest. Only now, he is truly experiencing the meaning of parenting. I’m sure the reality hit him in the gut and took large parts of the fun away.

• Love 13