Type keyword(s) to search

S41.E09: Who's Who in the Zoo

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Dammit, Xander. All you had to do was tell everyone you were going to give your idol to Evvie. You didn’t even have to really do it, just threaten it. Let the other 3 duke it out.

I’ve decided Tiff is one of my favorites ever. Not only is she hilarious at Ponderosa, she didn’t flinch (or run screaming) when that ginormous bug landed on her. 

• Love 18

He should have used the extra vote. Let it go to rocks and then he and Evvie and Liana would be safe and one of the fellas would go. Got to always have a back up in case the flipper doesn't actually flip.

Edited by Lamima
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Tiffany hates everything and everyone and is fine if you know it.

Damn Peachy Naseer was blindsided.  All those other times you thought were a blindside were not.

If Ricard wanted Naseer out, why did he vote for Heather?  Even if Naseer played his idol, they still would have had the votes, yeah?

The standing blocks in the challenge should have been proportional to the feet size of the person standing on them.

Shan - less airtime, not less annoying.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Dammit, Xander. All you had to do was tell everyone you were going to give your idol to Evvie. You didn’t even have to really do it, just threaten it. Let the other 3 duke it out.

I’ve decided Tiff is one of my favorites ever. Not only is she hilarious at Ponderosa, she didn’t flinch (or run screaming) when that ginormous bug landed on her. 

I thought he did tell them he would use it on Evvie. 

• Love 3

Xander is about the only one I'm rooting for at this moment.  I knew Deshawn wasn't going to flip.  Hope that comes back to bite him.  Seriously, Naseer was a blindside, Evvie was a predictable vote.  Should have been the other way around, where the blindside against Liana happened in Evvie's group, and predictable purple Heather went home in Naseer's group.

Liana saying Xander reminds her of someone that treated her badly-not to sound heartless, but she doesn't need to shoot daggers and be bitter at him because of that.  I had wondered if something happened that they didn't show, but now I realize she just plain doesn't like him.

5 minutes ago, Lamima said:

He should have used the extra vote. Let it go to rocks and then he and Evvie and Liana would be safe and one of the fellas would go.

Deshawn would have crapped his pants if that happened.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 12

Tiffany for player of the week for just calmly flicking off that giant bug. 
Dumb play of the week was Xander. He should have gave the idol to Evvie. He could have gotten rid of Liana, Deshawn or Danny, one of the power players. Now it’s four of the bottom players against four of the bottom players and the power players in my opinion will play dirty. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I didn't think I could dislike Liana any more, then she starts making nasty mean girl comments about Xander's face.  Just unnecessary and a bad look. Oh and then she tries to ask for his idol. That's rich.

Love watching Shan outmaneuvering herself at tribal, but it was hard being that invested in what happened to Heather.

So I guess you can't play an idol on a re-vote. I always wondered about that.

Yeah, Liana definitely is a bitter betty.  I started off liking her, too, but she's been more and more miserable since Voce was sent home over Xander.  Being aligned with Shan and Ricard (both of whom I think are also petty and mean) isn't helping.  I think Shan's getting in over her head now that she isn't the only one running the show.

• Love 20

People I kind of like keep getting voted out, or maybe it's just people I don't like aren't ! When the game started, I thought I'd like Liana but she's just rubbing me wrong the last couple of episodes. I've never really liked Shan, she always wants her own way. I don't dislike Ricard but he does come off as shifty. 

Still liking Xander's play but I still don't think he will last much longer. Once he doesn't win immunity and doesn't have a hidden idol, they will vote him out real fast. Unless he manages to pull enough people together to have a majority, but he couldn't do it tonight and it won't get any easier, I'm afraid.

I'm already bracing myself to be disappointed with the winner :) I usually am. ( Great attitude, eh ?)

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Tiffany for player of the week for just calmly flicking off that giant bug. 
Dumb play of the week was Xander. He should have gave the idol to Evvie. He could have gotten rid of Liana, Deshawn or Danny, one of the power players. Now it’s four of the bottom players against four of the bottom players and the power players in my opinion will play dirty. 

Disagree.  He still has himself to worry about.  If he saves Evie he has himself, Evie, Erica, and Heather, maybe.  Does nothing to get out the majority alliance of power players.  He has a chance of ripping an immunity run AND keeping his idol.  Smart move tonight.  Xander has a head on his shoulders.

AA 4 is still around.  Super interesting.  Ricard better watch out though he could play kingmaker in the final endgame.

• Love 10

That’s 2 weeks in a row that Shan didn’t get her way at TC! Things are looking up. 😊

I actually liked Ricard today and loved when he told Shan he didn’t care what her opinion was and told us that it was too bad his alliance was so high maintenance. 

I really don’t like anyone left besides Xander and he’ll probably disappoint me soon too. I like Danny but he’s in the wrong crowd. I don’t like Erika but think she and Deshawn are the best bet to orchestrate a Shan eviction. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Don’t blame Erika for wanting to finally try something.  First when they were on the beach and Shan was like “hey let’s us four go talk away from these plebeians” and then when Shan was overtly rooting for only Naseer during the challenge.  I’m not rooting for Erika now, but I’m not rooting against her, either.  

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I don't think she's bitter, just shaking her head at the stupidity of not getting strong players out.

That giant bug didn't rattle her at all😎

I would have pulled a Mike Skupin and flung myself into the fire.  Although at least I'd have a legitimate reason that it was to get a bug off me, and not sticking my face in smoke and breathing it in.

28 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Why did Shan cast votes for 2 different people? I missed that. Why didn’t Heather play that roll the dice? Is it too late for that now? 
Love bitter Tiffany. 

I'm guessing it was in case Naseer played his idol.  Which, Heather would still have gone home, but maybe to make it seem like she was on his side?  Ricard voted for Heather too, right?  I'm seriously confused why that vote went down the way it did, unless Ricard and Shan were trying jury management.  Or maybe it was in case Heather or Erika changed their vote.  I actually thought I understood, but I guess I don't lol

BTW, was Heather acting with those tears or did she really think she was leaving?  She's an interesting one.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

OK, no idea what happened with the Naseer vote. They wasted an extra vote for what reason? Seriously? 

And the Evvie vote was a wasted opportunity for DeShawn. 

That is all I got. It was a boring episode for the most part. 

Oh, Liana and her comments about Xander and hating his face. What the hell is the story here? Why does she dislike him so much?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Yeah, Liana definitely is a bitter betty.  I started off liking her, too, but she's been more and more miserable since Voce was sent home over Xander.  Being aligned with Shan and Ricard (both of whom I think are also petty and mean) isn't helping.  I think Shan's getting in over her head now that she isn't the only one running the show.

Sorry she has no room to talk...she has zits all OVER her mug!! Do NOT like her or Shan...

• Love 16
1 minute ago, ProfCrash said:

Oh, Liana and her comments about Xander and hating his face. What the hell is the story here? Why does she dislike him so much?

My guess it is because she made her big showy move a few weeks ago abnd ended up wasting her advantage.  

• Love 21

For a hot minute I was nervous that my eye candy for the season Lianna was going to go home tonight but then I realized...would Xander REALLY torch his Immunity Idol just to save Evie? No way.

As for Evie...I'm glad she's gone...each week I liked her less and less because she's just so...smarmy. And tonight delusional as well if she thought that the bargain store Cookout would really vote out one of their own number. The only possible way that would have happened if it was Shan sitting there no Liana.

Sorry show but my heartstrings are 100%  immune to the sob story they were trying to gin up sympathy for regarding Ricard's hearing. He's just not a likeable person and his and Shan's alliance is the most bizarre in SURVIVOR history because they don't seem ever be on the same page at all.

And Shan's fixation on Erica....it defies any logic. Yes she won immunity but Shan was trying to paint her as a danger not based on being able to pull out physical wins.

Naseer...anytime you go home with an idol in your pocket is not a good look. Sorry. Though I did find it interesting tonight for that one segment when his jolly facade slipped and he didn't seem as nice as he's been edited to look.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

And Shan's fixation on Erica....it defies any logic. Yes she won immunity but Shan was trying to paint her as a danger not based on being able to pull out physical wins.

Not that it necessarily means anything but it reminds me of when everyone was fixated on getting Shii Ann out. Shan says it's because she's "smart?" She clearly hasn't been smart enough to maneuver herself into a power position or find an idol or another advantage. I don't get the fixation.

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

OK, no idea what happened with the Naseer vote. They wasted an extra vote for what reason? Seriously? 

And the Evvie vote was a wasted opportunity for DeShawn. 

That is all I got. It was a boring episode for the most part. 

Liana's rheotric with Xander is so ridiculous.  I thought she said he didn't like him because he reminded her of someone that treated her badly, but I realize I mis-heard that.  So who knows what her problem is.  It's vile.  I honestly was so excited when Xander won that IC and ruined their plan.  It was hilarious she thought he would give her his idol.  I'm sure she hates him for making her look stupid with her advantage, and now he wrote her name down.  She'll really be out for him for that.  And Shan said everyone is obsessed with Xander because of his idol-I guess they forget he has an extra vote.  Or do they not know?  Anyway, Naseer had an idol, Shan has an idol-why is it okay for them and not Xander?  

Sorry show but my heartstrings are 100%  immune to the sob story they were trying to gin up sympathy for regarding Ricard's hearing. He's just not a likeable person and his and Shan's alliance is the most bizarre in SURVIVOR history because they don't seem ever be on the same page at all.

I don't even feel heartless that I rolled my eyes at that, especially when he talked about how awesome he was before throwing that out.  Any sympathy I might have had was gone by the end of the episode.  I also was confused about Shan wanting to target Erika.  Like, this is one challenge Erika has won.  Why is she suddenly a threat?  

Lastly, tonight's episode set-up was stupid.  Like, did they think dividing them into tribes would make for an interesting vote?  Odds are Naseer or likely Evvie would have still gone home, although possibly in a bigger landslide.  But seriously, I feel like the meeting for this season with Probst and the rest of the producers was coming up with every twist and advantage they could think of and throwing it all into one season (instead of spreading it out).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 8

Was a little concerning when after sitting on the bench for about 10 minutes Naseer tried to clap and couldn't do it, still saying he could feel his right hand. Did make me laugh a little though, after he mockingly told Erika that he could stand up there for two hours. Way to go, Erika.

Best line of the night goes to Ricard-, "I have the most high maintenance alliance ever." But it's so simple-  All he has to do is let Shan make all decisions and never question her. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Not that it necessarily means anything but it reminds me of when everyone was fixated on getting Shii Ann out. Shan says it's because she's "smart?" She clearly hasn't been smart enough to maneuver herself into a power position or find an idol or another advantage. I don't get the fixation.

Much love to you Imonrey forinvoking my most favorite Survivor of ALL TIME (sorry Flicka, you're a close second but...) Shii Ann fending off her obnoxious tribe including the uber nasty Alicia in the water bucket challenge is the stuff of legend!

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

My guess it is because she made her big showy move a few weeks ago abnd ended up wasting her advantage.  

She was on the Xander hate train before that. She just doesn’t like him. Must be the hair…

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Xander is wise to hold his idol. Liana is going to be coming for him, not only because he wrote down her name, but because of his face (?). 

He seems to understand how to use his advantages better than Shan. That isn't how an extra vote works.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

Not a good episode for me.  I read allllllll the bios before the show started and I picked Naseer and Evvie to root for.  Double whammy.

I guess I'm going to back Ricard now.  1)Everyone here seems to loathe him and I like an underdog.  2)He deflates Shan's balloon like it's his job and that's always a good time.  3)His incredulous response to Liana trying Shan's move--"Give me your idol so I know I can trust you"--was hilarious.

Bonus points for "high maintenance alliance."  : )

• Love 13

The way I look at the extra vote is this.  Erika/Heather vote Naseer, Naseer votes for Heather.  If Shan/Ricard were worried about Naseer playing his idol, then all one of them had to do was vote for Heather, the other one for Naseer.  One of them would still have gone home.  The only logic I can see is either proving Erika/Heather are voting together (which I don't know what their point would be with that), or trying to make it seem like those two orchestrated the Naseer vote (which again makes no sense, because Shan also voted for Naseer).  I'm guessing they didn't think it through completely.  Because the extra vote is good until the final 6 I think, right?

Edited by LadyChatts

Naseer was just way too trusting for this game.

Xander and Erika are two of my favourites so I was legit cheering with my mom when they both won immunity. I was hoping their wins would shake up the alliances a bit more but sadly they didn't.

I still loathe Ricard but I am enjoying him slowly realizing what a controlling trainwreck Shan is.

Evvie was never my favourite so I'm not sad to see her go, and at first I was shaking my head that Xander didn't play his idol for her -- but as many (including my mom) have pointed out, with so many gunning for Xander he bought himself an extra few days in the game by keeping his idol.

Shan's obsession with getting out Erika is as annoying as Liana's obsession with getting out Xander.

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, knitorpurl said:

That isn't how an extra vote works.

That's not how ANY of this works!! 😉  You could tell it was the extra vote too because it was folded in squares not flat... but why vote for BOTH targets? It's just making everything too complicated; which is what seems to be Shan's superpower. That double vote is almost as smart as having a thing with someone because you literally don't like their face.

I took a few weeks off because this season just isn't connecting for me. I've seen every episode from the get-go but this season... which I was happy to see returning just is a repeated let-down. I just came on to see if anyone figured out Shan's voting.

I can't quite put my finger on why but I've just been totally apathetic about it being on again. Like Shan, it could be it's making everything wayyy too complicated... like Tyler Perry has been brought in as co-producer with Probst or something.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Lastly, tonight's episode set-up was stupid.  Like, did they think dividing them into tribes would make for an interesting vote? 

They did this once before, the season of Feely Dan. They split the tribe in two. While balancing on a piece of wood, the players had to keep a ball going around in a circle they held. Nora won for one side (and immediately jumped off in celebration, losing the meal) and Elaine for the other. That was how Aaron and Missy were voted out.

So... Sorry I'm late to the party this season. I missed you guys, but the show hasn't really made me care enough to want to post. I suppose the show should be lauded for managing to cast such a diverse cast of punchable people.

Re: the extra vote. I tried to come up with a reason to use this and completely failed. When they showed how people voted, I'm fairly certain it showed that Ricard used the extra vote, so Shan must have given it to him to use (and presumably how it was used was agreed upon by them.) So votes for Heather were: Naseer, Shan, Ricard. Votes for Naseer were: Erika, Heather, Ricard.

I mean, what? Did Shan think that people wouldn't know if it was her or Ricard who cast an extra vote so they wouldn't be blamed? Did Ricard think using the stupid extra vote was a great idea because it meant Shan no longer had it to use later if she went crazy(er)? They still don't really make sense and waste the vote.

• Love 6

Decided to watch this on DVR right away instead of Legends. Still not emotionally invested. I think it's a loss that Naseer and Evvie got voted out because they seemed like good people. The rest . . . like I said, I'm not emotionally invested.

Given Probst's boner for twists, idols falling from the sky would be the next logical step. Heather looked like someone headed for the (figurative) gallows. And yeah, Tiffany's cooler about giant bugs than I could be.

Xander's face does look like it annoys quite often. Probst is probably pulling for yet another guy to win, and Xander is probably at the top of his list. He's pretty AND he appreciates his reward stew!

Immunity Challenge . . . splitting the tribe was interesting. Didn't reek of Probst re-re-re-reinventing the wheel, which is a good thing. One benefit about a smaller Tribal Council: no whispering! Of course, that probably got cut from the episode.

• Love 5

After Danny falls in the challenge, Jeff says something typically Jeff like, "He gave until he couldn't hold out" I don't even remember the exact quote but it was praise. I mean...it wasn't one of those challenges where people decided not to compete so they could eat. Everyone did it until they couldn't anymore. Even the women.  Did Jeff praise Erika for actually winning? I don't even remember. Typical.

I liked Naseer and Evvie. I wish Xander had played his idol for her.

I maybe like Ricard now?

I always want to know how the two groups are divided/decided. I used to love when they'd show schoolyard picks rather than telling us there was one. I'm not saying everything's a conspiracy but how random is random?

Edited by Steph Sometimes
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, millennium said:

Liana has a beautiful face but those braids.  I'd go insane having them swinging in my face all day.   Even just looking at them, I can't shake the impression that they seem bug-like, like antennae.

The two lone braid strands drive me up a wall. It’s funny because it’s not a lot of hair but it’s blocking her face. At least, to me it is. 

• Love 8

Never cared much for Naseer or Evvie, so I don't care that they are gone. During the show, it was quite obvious where the votes were going to go, so not surprised. I did not understand using the extra vote on two different people. I guess Shan and Ricard were afraid that Nasser might play his idol so Heather goes if he does?

Yes, Erika won immunity! I'm still rooting for her all of the way.

Edited by TVFan1
  • Love 2

Talk about shaking my head, did Liana really think Xander was just going to hand over his idol for her to “hold”? And did Ricard really say that Shan should be making decisions for the whole group & not just herself? What game are these people playing?

Naseer learned the mean of the word “hubris”, “I’m not going home, I have an idol”. Bye Naseer.

I wish they had voted out Liana instead of Evvie, but what I don’t understand is, WHY HASN’T SHAN’S NAME COME UP? WHY AREN’T THEY TRYING TO GET RID OF HER?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 24
35 minutes ago, GaT said:

Talk about shaking my head, did Liana really think Xander was just going to hand over his idol for her to “hold”? And did Ricard really say that Shan should be making decisions for the whole group & not just herself? What game are these people playing?

Naseer learned the mean of the word “hubris”, “I’m not going home, I have an idol”. Bye Naseer.

I wish they had voted out Liana instead to Evvie, but what I don’t understand is, WHY HASN’T SHAN’S NAME COME UP? WHY AREN’T THEY TRYING TO GET RID OF HER?

And, no one is talking about Danny either. Usually, the strong guy who’s playing the game well and is pretty good at challenges are always targeted but you never hear his name come up. Also, he seems totally likable, too. I find it odd why neither Shan or Danny’s name have come up. At least, to the viewers. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Question: Shan's extra vote - was that Bradley's or was it her own? I can't remember if she did one of those trips to the island.

It was J.D.'s.  Technically, I guess you could say she also stole Brad's idol, as she blindsided him out of the game with it, then Genie had the bright idea to tell her and Ricard where it was.  They were supposed to leave it there until they made a group decision I think, but Shan took it anyway.  She did go to the island with Liana, but I don't think she got anything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, simplyme said:

I'm fairly certain it showed that Ricard used the extra vote, so Shan must have given it to him to use (and presumably how it was used was agreed upon by them.)

Ricard voted for Heather.  Shan was holding two parchments and she voted for Naseer and Heather.  Which I still don’t get.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Naseer missing his hand trying to clap made me laugh a little too hard. 

Lianna asking Xander for his idol, to make her comfortable,  also made laugh, so ridiculous 🙄. Her dislike of Xander is so over the top and ridiculous.  When she was going on about hating his face, I thought this really is the epitome of bitch eating crackers. 

I was so happy Erica and Xander won immunity. 

I don't understand Shan's 2 votes, but im ok with her wasting a vote.

I don't know if I like Deshawn  but I understand his fustration with Shan's listening skills lol.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I don't know if I like Deshawn  but I understand his frustration with Shan's listening skills lol.

Shan seems to think that so long as she makes people "feel heard" she can then ignore everything they just said.  Just as Liane seems to think that if she tells someone she needs their idol to "feel comfortable" they'll quietly hand it over. The two of them are also being way too obvious about how tight they are with each other.  Looking forward to their evictions is making this season work for me.

• Love 20

So will Naseer's idol be rehidden?  Or since he didn't play it will it be removed from the game?  

I still think Xander should have been saying all day that he'd give the idol to Evvie.  Even if the other 3 called his bluff and voted for her anyway he'd be no worse off than he is now.  Best case is the other 3 would have scrambled to join Xander and Evvie to vote out someone else, most likely Liana.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I actually liked Ricard today and loved when he told Shan he didn’t care what her opinion was and told us that it was too bad his alliance was so high maintenance

I liked him too for that.  I am hoping he orchestrates Shan's ousting.  Liana is a mean girl for sure and I hope she goes soon.  Count me in the group rooting for Xander.  I was on the edge of my seat during that challenge.  I wish Evvie had won instead of Erika but can't have everything.  Oh, and Heather wishing for an idol to drop from the skies only to have a ginormous bug land on Tiffany, that was awesomely funny.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5