Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

DanaK

Ghostly Media Talk

Recommended Posts


Hooray :)! Not surprised at the news, given how much buzz and whatnot this show's been getting, but still, great to hear this regardless. 

  • Love 8

Share this post


Link to post

That's awesome news!!

And I don't know if I'm really tired or just totally over the last two years, but I teared up a little at the Twitter video of the cast being surprised with the news, lol.

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 1/24/2022 at 7:35 PM, emma675 said:

That's awesome news!!

And I don't know if I'm really tired or just totally over the last two years, but I teared up a little at the Twitter video of the cast being surprised with the news, lol.

That video was so cute. And just like the show, I had to rewind to catch everyone's individual reaction. 😁

  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post

So weird to see the ghosts in character, holding electronics in their hands lol!  Hooray for season 2!

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

Since Crash wasn't in the Twitter announcement clip are we to assume he's officially been sucked off?  It's so weird a character has just disappeared without mention. 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chaifan said:

Since Crash wasn't in the Twitter announcement clip are we to assume he's officially been sucked off?  It's so weird a character has just disappeared without mention. 

I think we can now assume that. Although I think it would be funny if someday Sam randomly asks where the headless guy was, and someone responds “Oh, he gets lost outside sometimes.  He’ll turn up in a few months.  I think his head is on the roof though.”

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 1/24/2022 at 7:35 PM, emma675 said:

That's awesome news!!

And I don't know if I'm really tired or just totally over the last two years, but I teared up a little at the Twitter video of the cast being surprised with the news, lol.

I want to bake a Bundt cake (and I make really good Bundt cakes) for the person who decided to shoot that video and one for you for making me aware of its existence. I got teary, too. 

I watched more than once for the different reactions, too. Pure joy. I was already so damn happy the show was renewed, but seeing that clip made it even better. 

 

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Darian said:

I want to bake a Bundt cake (and I make really good Bundt cakes) for the person who decided to shoot that video and one for you for making me aware of its existence. I got teary, too. 

I watched more than once for the different reactions, too. Pure joy. I was already so damn happy the show was renewed, but seeing that clip made it even better. 

Wait. What? Cake?
Oh. Yes.

The video of the surprise announcement definitely deserves a cake.  👏

image.png.8cc39ca68c93461c574eb6b49f720dc9.png
And we need Kleenex to pass around too.

 smiling-face-with-tear_1f972.png.0734708022b14ab3d617922ad3550f98.png

I loved the way Rebecca Wisocky (Hetty) rubbed Rose McIver's (Sam's) arm.
 

  • Love 15

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I loved the way Rebecca Wisocky (Hetty) rubbed Rose McIver's (Sam's) arm.

I liked Utkarsh kissing the side of Rose's head, too. Aw :).

Thanks for sharing that video, I hadn't seen that yet. So cute to see how excited and happy they all are :D. Clever way to surprise them with the news, too. 

  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2022 at 10:13 AM, Sakura12 said:

That's great news. This show is my happy place. 

I second this. It just brings a bit of joy to the week :) I love that video, with Rose looking stunned, and Trevor dancing around without pants. What a great cast.

Thorfinn happy!

  • Love 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Super happy.

In the background there was someone who ran through and then ran back in the other direction.  I'm hoping it's Crash still chasing his head...

  • Love 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

This made me so happy this week that I watched the video multiple times and somehow got to tweets that Mark Hamill was sending out saying how much he loved the show and how he had worried by loving it so much, he had jinxed it somehow (a feeling I know all too well).  The cast seemed really amazed and pleased to hear from him about the show.  I will savor every episode and know that it will be a series I will watch over and over again whenever I need cheering up.

  • Love 13
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Grundoon59 said:

This made me so happy this week that I watched the video multiple times and somehow got to tweets that Mark Hamill was sending out saying how much he loved the show and how he had worried by loving it so much, he had jinxed it somehow (a feeling I know all too well).  The cast seemed really amazed and pleased to hear from him about the show.  I will savor every episode and know that it will be a series I will watch over and over again whenever I need cheering up.

Aw, that's so cool. He has good taste :D! I love seeing celebrities geek out over their favorite TV shows like that, and I love that the cast got to see how big a fan he was. 

  • Love 8

Share this post


Link to post

I think Mark Hamill tried to save The Kids Are Alright a few years ago. A great show that I'm still upset about the cancellation. 

There's only a few shows since that I felt is "must see TV, and now Ghost is one of them so I completely understand his feeling of relief.

  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if they'll have Hamill guest star. He can always be on as himself because you know Jay and Pete are Star Wars fans and Thorfin will wonder why there was a war over stars. Then they can watch the movies and learn about force ghosts. 

  • Love 18
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I think Mark Hamill tried to save The Kids Are Alright a few years ago. A great show that I'm still upset about the cancellation. 

Totally agree.  Canceling that show broke my heart. 

So glad Ghosts is so good and not just a "gimmick" show 

  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I think Mark Hamill tried to save The Kids Are Alright a few years ago. A great show that I'm still upset about the cancellation. 

There's only a few shows since that I felt is "must see TV, and now Ghost is one of them so I completely understand his feeling of relief.

 

3 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

Totally agree.  Canceling that show broke my heart. 

So glad Ghosts is so good and not just a "gimmick" show 

Right there with you both @Snow Apple and @bad things are bad.  I still miss The Kids are Alright.  It is also one of my watch when I need a laugh shows and is another reason why I get nervous about becoming a fan of a new show - I am worried that it will go away too soon.  Also why I did my happy dance (and didn't care if anyone was watching) when I heard that Ghosts was renewed.  These days we have to embrace the "happy" whenever we can. 

  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure if this belongs here & I apologize if this should be in another thread or if I missed a discussion about it in another thread. It’s sort of an indirect media appearance. Back on December 6, 2021 comedian/actor Tig Notaro was on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. She talked about a mystery women sitting next to her on a flight that everyone else seemed to recognize. Other passengers said things like, “I would recognize you anywhere, even with a mask,” etc. Tig sneaked a photo & it was shown in the hopes someone in the audience or on the internet could put a name to her. The next night Tig made a quick stop by The Tonight Show to let everyone know the woman had been identified as Rebecca Wisocky and they mentioned Ghosts.  Everything was very complimentary. There are videos on YouTube if you want to see the whole thing play out.

  • Love 4
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

So weird to see the ghosts in character, holding electronics in their hands lol!  

And hugging Jay! 

  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/6/2021 at 6:18 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Brandon Scott Jones (Isaac) was nominated for a Critics' Choice award!

I forgot about this - just saw it on his wiki page, which I went to because I was reminded that was also on The Good Place. The awards are tomorrow night!🤞

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/3/2022 at 3:43 PM, madmax said:

We'll see Crash again!!!

Wow, I even saw him in a promo for the next episode! The main story seems to be about Trevor, but I wonder if we'll get any explanations about Crash too?

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/3/2022 at 1:43 PM, madmax said:

Interesting article about this 'surprise hit' as they call it. I don't watch standard TV, I only stream and I started watching 'Ghots' on Paramount+ because I saw the screenshot on the home page as I scrolled over to watch my old favorite shows (MacGyver, Hawaii Five-O (original), Missioin Immposible (original with everyone chain smoking, etc.) and I was intreaged. I watch and rewatch Ghosts episodes almost daily, they are so fun, lighthearted and very well acted, it's a balm to my crazy work days.

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still working my way through the series, but need to know how pants-less Trevor wound up at the house.  Has this been explained yet?  Many of the characters' deaths (and specifically why they were on the property when they died) were explained in the first episode.

  • Love 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, TruffleHog said:

I'm still working my way through the series, but need to know how pants-less Trevor wound up at the house.  Has this been explained yet?  Many of the characters' deaths (and specifically why they were on the property when they died) were explained in the first episode.

Not yet, but this week's episode focuses on Trevor's past, so it looks as though it'll answer a lot of those questions, if not all of them :). 

  • Love 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, TruffleHog said:

Many of the characters' deaths (and specifically why they were on the property when they died) were explained in the first episode.

Yes, but I love how the rest of the ghosts are revealed at the series goes continues. And their back stories are just as fancinating, like Flower's story about the bank robery, so cleaver how that was revealed. Along with the on-going story-line about how the ghosts don't even know why they can do what they do, i.e. walk through walls but not fall through floors. I just love this show!

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2022 at 3:39 PM, Annber03 said:

Not yet, but this week's episode focuses on Trevor's past, so it looks as though it'll answer a lot of those questions, if not all of them :). 

Thanks!  And thanks for alerting me to the show from the Frasier forum.  I've been binge watching since Sunday.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, TruffleHog said:

Thanks!  And thanks for alerting me to the show from the Frasier forum.  I've been binge watching since Sunday.

Oh, you're welcome, that's great :D! Glad you're enjoying it - welcome, and have fun joining in the discussion here!

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, enduringforce said:

Along with the on-going story-line about how the ghosts don't even know why they can do what they do, i.e. walk through walls but not fall through floors. I just love this show!

The funny thing is, I didn't even think about it until they pointed it out, so used to convenient ghost dynamics. I love this show for pointing it out and still just shrugging it off with a "it is because it is". 

I will say, I like the idea of being a ghost and still getting to sleep since I love sleeping. I would hate to be doomed to an eternity without sleep. Not being able to eat, or um, "finish" would suck though. But if I do end up stuck as a ghost I hope I have other multi era ghosts to hang out with. 

  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Oh, you're welcome, that's great :D! Glad you're enjoying it - welcome, and have fun joining in the discussion here!

After I get caught up, I might buy the BBC Ghosts series.  Clips from the original series look even funnier -the dialogue and jokes come at a faster pace.   But for now, I get to watch CBS for free On Demand.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, TruffleHog said:

After I get caught up, I might buy the BBC Ghosts series.

It is on HBO Max if you have access to it.

  • Love 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ghosts' Asher Grodman Tees Up Trevor's Pants-less Backstory: 'Of All the Things I Imagined It Could Be...'

When one of Trevor’s former friends comes to the mansion to purchase Elias’ timepiece, the truth is disclosed about the fateful day that the finance bro lost his life — and his slacks.

Speaking about the circumstances of the big Trevor reveal, his portrayer Asher Grodman hints, “A relative of Sam and Hetty’s was involved. There is some partying involved. You will see what my legs look like when they’re covered up. And I can also tease that [guest stars] Rob Huebel, Blair Penner, Robert Bazzocchi, Brian Cook and Julius Cho are awesome.”

Read on for Grodman’s thoughts about getting to put clothes on for the episode’s flashbacks and why he’s relieved to play a pants-less character.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

That's a fun interview :). I've really enjoyed reading all the interviews with the various cast members thus far this season, they all seem like a lovely bunch. 

I like that he came up with his own backstory for what happened to Trevor :p. And I love the idea of him reading and enjoying all the fans' theories on what must've happened to him, too, and the discussion of getting to wear pants for a change. Hee. 

Sounds like this'll be quite the entertaining episode. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Heck, it's two more than I expected! All week I thought this was the season finale. Sad they're skipping next week though. Just all over the place.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Broadcast TV’s New Comedies of the 2021-2022 season

1. “Ghosts” (CBS) — 5.551 million viewers
2. “How We Roll” (CBS) — 4.104 million viewers
3. “The Wonder Years” (ABC) — 3.233 million viewers
4. “American Auto” (NBC) — 2.963 million viewers
5. “Abbott Elementary” (ABC) — 2.893 million viewers
6. “Pivoting” (Fox) — 2.434 million viewers
7. “Grand Crew” (NBC) — 2.358 million viewers
8. “Welcome to Flatch” (Fox) — 1.039 million viewers

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

There was a sweet interview with Asher Grodman on our local CBS station, showing him teaching acting at Hunter College (one of the City University of New York) schools. I took grad classes in that department for years, so we probably passed each other in the halls! 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

There was a sweet interview with Asher Grodman ...

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Such a sweet heart! Asher Grodman is my new Internet nephew! ❤️

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

Just got a chance to watch that interview with Grodman, really enjoyed it. I love his description of Trevor as having a "puppy energy" about him, that's spot on. And I like his comments about Mark Hamil, too.

The more interviews I read and see with this cast, the more I adore them <3. 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size