Type keyword(s) to search

Ghostly Media Talk

DanaK
  • Start Topic

I'm hoping they do the ghost dinosaur they talked about at one point. (If the CGI budget allows of course) Maybe only Thorfin and Sassapis know about it. They can go with its shy and didn't like when they started building on the property and it sticks to the woods. But it would be great if something scares it out and Sam and the other ghosts reacted to it. Jay would probably love to have an actual dinosaur on the property since he can't see it and be scared by it. Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

On the Tony Awards, CBS aired a promo for Ghosts featuring Isaac's jealousy of Hamilton and mentioning musical theatre.

Edited by Cress
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Also in "Ghosts" news, the show has been nominated for a couple Television Critics Association awards: 

OUTSTANDING NEW PROGRAM
Abbott Elementary (ABC)
Ghosts (CBS)
Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)
Pachinko (Apple TV+)
Reservation Dogs (FX)
Severance (Apple TV+)
The White Lotus (HBO)
Yellowjackets (Showtime)

and

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY
Abbott Elementary (ABC)
Atlanta (FX)
Barry (HBO)
Ghosts (CBS)
Hacks (HBO Max)
Only Murders In The Building (Hulu)
Reservation Dogs (FX)
Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

https://tvline.com/2022/06/16/tca-awards-nominations-2022-list-abbott-elementary/

Edited by Annber03
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Rebecca Wisocky posted a video of the cast reading the first script of the season. She said that the cast was already making each other laugh. I'm glad that Ghosts is being nominated for awards but I hate that it's competing with Abbott Elementary another show I like.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kathyk24 said:

Rebecca Wisocky posted a video of the cast reading the first script of the season. She said that the cast was already making each other laugh. I'm glad that Ghosts is being nominated for awards but I hate that it's competing with Abbott Elementary another show I like.

Aw, that's great to hear that about the cast having fun like that :D. I can just imagine how much of a blast it'd be to work with them. So excited to hear they're starting up for the new season!

I know what you mean about the awards, too. Hopefully both shows can get a little love  in that regard where possible, though. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Aw, that's great to hear that about the cast having fun like that :D. I can just imagine how much of a blast it'd be to work with them. So excited to hear they're starting up for the new season!

I know what you mean about the awards, too. Hopefully both shows can get a little love  in that regard where possible, though. 

The video I mentioned is available on PopCulture.com. Rose uses her natural accent.

• Love 1

Ghosts will be having a tribute to Alberta on Wednesday in Altoona Pennsylvania. I've read interviews with the showrunners. There are more ghosts on the property and next door. There will be a 1920's themed episode. Sam and Jay will open the B&B which might be what the ghosts want. I like that this version of Ghosts is moving beyond the British version.. Emmy nominations will be announced tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

There will be a 1920's themed episode.

YAY! That makes me super excited. I love the fashion and the music of that era, and obviously it will give us some Alberta backstory so yay. Well, it better. 

• Love 6

There will be another Summer of Ghosts event next Thursday honoring Sass, It will be held at Roberta's Pizza in Brooklyn and there will be storytelling. I wish I could attend but I live in Massachusetts not New York.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

And I live all the way out here in Iowa, where none of this fun stuff ever comes :p. 

But that does sound very cool, and I hope whoever does go has a good time (and we get some good stories out of it :D). 

• Like 1

Details on Ghosts' Comic-Con panel (press release):

The full cast, including “livings” Rose McIver and Utkarsh Ambudkar, as well as “ghosts” Brandon Scott Jones, Richie Moriarty, Danielle Pinnock, Asher Grodman, Román Zaragoza, Sheila Carrasco, Rebecca Wisocky and Devan Chandler Long, and executive producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman, will take part in a panel discussion from 1:00 – 2:00 PM, PT on Thursday, July 21 in Ballroom 20 at the San Diego Convention Center. The panel will be moderated by series guest star Matt Walsh and will treat fans with never-before-seen footage.

• Love 1

I can't comment on the comedy nominations as a whole one way or another. The only one nominated that I've seen is "Abbott Elementary". I like that show, so I'm glad to see that one getting some Emmy love :). 

But yeah, it would've been nice to see "Ghosts" being on the list as well. Maybe next year? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I can't comment on the comedy nominations as a whole one way or another. The only one nominated that I've seen is "Abbott Elementary". I like that show, so I'm glad to see that one getting some Emmy love :). 

But yeah, it would've been nice to see "Ghosts" being on the list as well. Maybe next year? 

I like Abbott Elementary as well though I like Ghosts more. I think the networks need to promote their shows as much as cable or streaming.

• Love 7

Eh.  I stopped watching the Emmys years ago when they stopped nominating anything on "regular" TV.  I honestly think it's snobbery by the nominators and voters, that they are above what the common people watch.  Only shows on channels you have to pay extra for are worthy of their time.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

Another Summer of Ghosts event this weekend. Pete's Friend Zone will be at Petco Park on Sunday afternoon. This event would be fun to attend if you are a baseball fan since Petco Park is the Padres home stadium. I thought Pete's event would be held at a Scout Camp.

My idea for Isaac would be at a historic site related to the Revolutionary War and Thorfin a museum with a Viking exhibit. I'm stuck for Trevor.

• Love 2

Darn.  I was really hoping it would get some kind of recognition.  It's so hard to compete with shows on streaming services.

Abbott Elementary is a network show. I've seen a couple episodes of that. It's cute but it's nomination is more political than anything else if you ask me. 

I stopped watching the Emmys years ago when they stopped nominating anything on "regular" TV.  I honestly think it's snobbery by the nominators and voters, that they are above what the common people watch.  Only shows on channels you have to pay extra for are worthy of their time.

It really seems like there should be separate categories for broadcast and cable and streaming shows. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Abbott Elementary is a network show. I've seen a couple episodes of that. It's cute but it's nomination is more political than anything else if you ask me. 

It really seems like there should be separate categories for broadcast and cable and streaming shows. 

I agree with you Network shows have limitations that cable and streaming shows don't. I disagree about Abbott Elementary the acting and writing are good.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I disagree about Abbott Elementary the acting and writing are good.

It's good but it's no better than Ghosts, and the fact that every single other nominee is a streaming or cable shows say a lot. Barry, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Hacks, Mrs. Maisel, Only Murders, Ted Lasso and What We Do in the Shadows are miles above Abbott in terms of quality. It's really a "one of these things does not belong" type of situation.

Abbott Elementary and Ghosts are pretty much on par in terms of quality imo. In terms of which I like more, I prefer AE a little more but I love Ghosts. It feels to me like CBS in general tends to be overlooked at the Emmy's, with good reason lol. 

• Love 2
(edited)

There’s a Ghosts exhibit outside the San Diego Comic-Con! It’s “Pete’s Friend Zone,” and it is set up like a summer camp with little games (like archery) and has a tent you can lounge in. I walked by on my way to the trolley from work but didn’t go inside.

304B8E2E-6687-4CF4-9F9D-4586582A4ADD.jpeg

Edited by KarenX
  • Love 4
On 7/20/2022 at 6:44 PM, iMonrey said:

I think it's Emmy success has more to do with Quinta Brunson's story and sheer likability. She's the face of the show and who doesn't like her as a person? It makes Abbott Elementary easy to latch onto. 

Plus the show has a breakout character with Janelle James's Ava Coleman and the return of a beloved veteran with Sheryl Lee Ralph.

Ghosts is more of an ensemble which is delightful because you have this talented cast who work together flawlessly in so many great combinations but it's hard to pick out any one actor to nominate for an Emmy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I stopped considering an Emmy win as a sign of a shows value a long time ago. I would love Ghosts to win something for ensemble because I do think that is where the shows strength lies, though the writing is great also. So many great moments that I am catching on my third rewatch, but I feel like this particular group of actors just click so well. While there are some characters I like better than others there are no actors I like over others and I've been introduced to some new favorite actors I hadn't know of before. 

The only reason I would want them to get an Emmy is so the show doesn't get cancelled. I love this show. 

• Love 4
On 7/21/2022 at 3:53 PM, KarenX said:

There’s a Ghosts exhibit outside the San Diego Comic-Con! It’s “Pete’s Friend Zone,” and it is set up like a summer camp with little games (like archery) and has a tent you can lounge in. I walked by on my way to the trolley from work but didn’t go inside.

304B8E2E-6687-4CF4-9F9D-4586582A4ADD.jpeg

I was at ComicCon and went to Pete's Friend Zone! After every activity you got a badge/patch with one of the ghosts' silhouettes on it. After you collected a few, you could trade them for prizes. There was the ghost couch in front of a green screen where you could take a picture which, when you received it, showed the ghosts in picture frames moving behind you. Then there was an archery section (with suction cup arrows so no danger of ending like Pete!) and a refreshment station. There were two tents, one had crystal reading or palm reading and in the other you could have a tarot card reading. Prizes included a whistle, a bandana, a camp mug, or a pillow (I think? That might have come from the Ghosts screening they had on Thursday with the cast). My friend and I got in when it opened on Friday and it still took about an hour to get through most of just the Friend Zone portion. I traded my patches for a camp mug (but I had an extra so I kept Hetty's patch!).

I also went to the panel and Utkarsh Ambudkar's children were sitting on the casts' laps. His daughter was cosplaying Flower and his baby son was cosplaying Trevor in a cute little sport coat and a diaper.

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Zanne said:

I was at ComicCon and went to Pete's Friend Zone! After every activity you got a badge/patch with one of the ghosts' silhouettes on it. After you collected a few, you could trade them for prizes. There was the ghost couch in front of a green screen where you could take a picture which, when you received it, showed the ghosts in picture frames moving behind you. Then there was an archery section (with suction cup arrows so no danger of ending like Pete!) and a refreshment station. There were two tents, one had crystal reading or palm reading and in the other you could have a tarot card reading. Prizes included a whistle, a bandana, a camp mug, or a pillow (I think? That might have come from the Ghosts screening they had on Thursday with the cast). My friend and I got in when it opened on Friday and it still took about an hour to get through most of just the Friend Zone portion. I traded my patches for a camp mug (but I had an extra so I kept Hetty's patch!).

I also went to the panel and Utkarsh Ambudkar's children were sitting on the casts' laps. His daughter was cosplaying Flower and his baby son was cosplaying Trevor in a cute little sport coat and a diaper.

That's great I saw the photos of the children on Twitter. Utkarsh will be featured on a future episode of Secret Celebrity Renovation on CBS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Zanne said:

I was at ComicCon and went to Pete's Friend Zone!

I am soooooo jealous! That sounds awesome. Love that they did the patches. How cute. Glad you got to keep one. Thanks for sharing the experience. It's the closest I'll get. I would love to have a ghost picture. How cool. 

• Love 1
On 7/25/2022 at 10:33 PM, Zanne said:

So fun you went to ComicCon! I haven't been in a number of years but its always been super fun for me when I went. 

(bolding mine) that sounds like the most precious thing! Thank you for sharing with us. I have more episodes to watch, (as of today I am on episode 8) but I am really enjoying it so far.

• Love 1