Type keyword(s) to search

Ghostly Media Talk

DanaK
  • Start Topic

On 4/7/2022 at 5:00 AM, AnimeMania said:

Ghost cast out of costume.

624e699d2cbad.image.jpg?resize=1200,797

Video bad at the beginning but fine later.

Wow! They all look so fine in their finery! 
Love Rebecca Wisocky's orange suit!
"Trevor" is not the only good lookin' guy! Brandon Scott Jones (Captain Isaac) and Devan Long (Thorfinn) are pretty hot too!
Love the show; love the actors. ❤️

Love these interviews too:

1 hour ago, Cress said:

here's some red carpet interviews from Paleyfest.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, januaryman said:

Definitive answer as to why not all ghosts are in all episodes:

...Why were some ghosts always missing from early episodes? Port says on a new show with a large cast, it’s not unusual for some actors to be “fractional series regulars,” meaning their contract will call for them to be in, say, 10 of 13 episodes.

“We knew going in who the people were that were fractional. That was established before we even cast it,” Port said. “Joe and I had a big chart, and we just wanted to make sure that not too many people were missing in any particular episode.”

Deciding who would sit out a particular episode was often story-driven, Port said. When “Ghosts” became a hit, the showrunners were able to afford to get all the characters in each of the back five episodes of the season, and they’ll all appear in all episodes of season two, which CBS already ordered....

And spoiler alert? (but not too spoilery): 

Spoiler

...one other hint about season two: “I think we might see a dinosaur.”

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

On 4/7/2022 at 2:00 AM, AnimeMania said:

Ghost cast out of costume.

624e699d2cbad.image.jpg?resize=1200,797

Video bad at the beginning but fine later.

They're all just gorgeous. I just love this cast.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, ctlady said:

Am I losing it?  Whose the guy on the end next to the actor who plays Thorfinn?

I think he might be a producer or executive? It's not one of the actors. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

One thing I would actually like to do is play Hetty in a flashback. Not to be possessed by her like Jay was, but to actually play my own ancestor or a relative of hers back then. I think that would be a cool way to play with the flashback sequences, and we are relatives, so it kind of makes sense. 

That's a great idea. I would love to see that. 

I also love her suggestion for who could possess her XD. That'd certainly be interesting! Nice interview, thanks for sharing the link. Looking forward to the finale tomorrow night!

• Love 2

Came across this "Conversations at Home" interview Matt Roush did with the entire cast, wanted to share it here for those who may not have seen it :). Seems like it took place a few months ago, around the time of the episode where we met Hetty's husband.

Given there's been some discussion about why Sasappis talks the way he does, Sasappis' actor, Roman Zaragoza gives a bit of an explanation at one point about that. And Utkarsh Ambudkar touches on the whole thing about whether or not Jay should interact with the ghosts, too.

The main takeaway from this chat, however, is that these people seem absolutely lovely and delightful :). Their cast chemistry comes through so strongly throughout and it's so entertaining and fun. 

• Love 6

@Annber03, thanks for the video link.  I watched about 1/2, and yes, it's great to see the cast interact and support each other so much.  I liked Roman's explanation for Sass.  Also realized I've been mispronouncing Sass's full name all this time.  The interview seems to be taking place just before The Vault aired. 

I also totally forgot Rose M. is from New Zealand, so her normal accent threw me for a minute.  There are a few shows out there with Aussie or Kiwi actors playing Americans, who (in my opinion) are incredibly flat, and people say "oh, it's because they're doing an American accent".  Um, no, RM shows that you can do an American accent and still act well and have more than one tonal inflection. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, chaifan said:

I also totally forgot Rose M. is from New Zealand, so her normal accent threw me for a minute.  There are a few shows out there with Aussie or Kiwi actors playing Americans, who (in my opinion) are incredibly flat, and people say "oh, it's because they're doing an American accent".  Um, no, RM shows that you can do an American accent and still act well and have more than one tonal inflection. 

She's also had a lot of practice from iZombie. 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, chaifan said:

@Annber03, thanks for the video link.  I watched about 1/2, and yes, it's great to see the cast interact and support each other so much.  I liked Roman's explanation for Sass.  Also realized I've been mispronouncing Sass's full name all this time.  The interview seems to be taking place just before The Vault aired. 

You're welcome! And ha, yeah, her accent threw me at first, too :D! I love New Zealand accents, though (that country has long been on my list of places I want to visit someday), so it was nice to hear her natural accent throughout. 

I'm glad to get the proper pronunciation of Sasappis' name as well. 

The Ghosts Twitter feed did a rewatch of the Halloween episode yesterday. Ramon Zaragosa posted a video where he dressed up as various characters for Halloween but not Sasappis since it's offensive to Native Americans.The video is on Tik Tok.

• Love 2
On 5/1/2022 at 11:57 PM, kathyk24 said:

The Ghosts Twitter feed did a rewatch of the Halloween episode yesterday. Ramon Zaragosa posted a video where he dressed up as various characters for Halloween but not Sasappis since it's offensive to Native Americans.The video is on Tik Tok.

Danielle Pinnock posted that she's hospitalized with Covid related pneumonia. She said she is recovering and should be fine. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Trey said:

Thanks for the info.  I like it better at 9:00.  Now I'll have to miss the last half of Law and Order, unless it gets moved too.

Law & Order is 8-9, so options depend upon what streaming (next day) or cable (On Demand) services you have, or there’s an antenna and a DVD recorder. Or skip Law & Order for now. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

The "law" part of L&O is the part I usually watch (especially with this reboot)

Yes, I prefer the "law" part too, even on the original run.  So often the "order" part seems to be shifted to a totally different crime.

And, to keep on topic, I just love Ghosts. It is my favourite new show.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I record shows I like that air at the same time, so I don't have to miss either of them. 

Times like these I’m thankful I have a DVR that can record 6 shows at once

• Love 4

That time slot works fine for me. I've got nothing else I'll be watching on Thursdays as of now, and I was already tuning in at that time slot for "United States of Al", so it'll be easy to do the same for "Ghosts" when that show moves to that time slot :). 

• Love 1

https://deadline.com/2022/05/ghosts-rivals-hamilton-musical-number-during-paramount-upfront-1235027566/

The stars of the laugher, which is based on the British format, performed a Hamilton-esque musical during the middle of the CBS owner’s ad event at Carnegie Hall.

Rose McIver, who plays Sam, lead the haunted ensemble, which also included Asher Grodman, who plays Trevor, Richie Moriarty, who plays Trooper Pete, Sheila Carrasco, who plays Susan, Rebecca Wisocky, who plays Hetty, Brandon Scott Jones, who plays Captain Isaac, and Devan Chandler, who plays Thor.

“There’s one for Cats, so why not Ghosts,” sang the group.

It’s understood that fans will be able to listen to the song at some point, giving them something to chew on as they wait for season two later this fall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

And here is the link to the song. And it is AMAZING: 

Musical episode in season 2, show, please and thank you :D. 

I just saw that on Twitter. Really fun. Now I do want at least some of them singing next season

• Love 4
(edited)

The Costumes on ‘Ghosts’ Are Meant to Last an Eternity

Photo and Cast of Musical Performance

Rose McIver, who plays Sam, lead the haunted ensemble, which also included Asher Grodman, who plays Trevor, Richie Moriarty, who plays Trooper Pete, Sheila Carrasco, who plays Susan, Roman Zaragoza, who plays Sasappis, Rebecca Wisocky, who plays Hetty, Brandon Scott Jones, who plays Captain Isaac, and Devan Chandler, who plays Thor.

Ghosts-upfront-dance.jpg

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 3
On 5/14/2022 at 11:50 PM, kathyk24 said:

Danielle Pinnock posted that she's hospitalized with Covid related pneumonia. She said she is recovering and should be fine. 

Danielle posted that she's Covid negative and out of the hospital. I also saw a photo of Ritchie Moriarity and Shelia Carrarasco on the set of the Price is Right on Twitter.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I read on Twitter that Ghosts will start filming on June 20th and end on December 22nd. There will be twenty two episodes this year four more than last year. Some of the costumes are going to be very uncomfortable in the hot weather. There was some discussion if Ghosts will have a holiday themed episode this year. I think it would be fun  to have a Thanksgiving themed episode to hear Sass' opinion of the holiday.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kathyk24 said:

There was some discussion if Ghosts will have a holiday themed episode this year. I think it would be fun  to have a Thanksgiving themed episode to hear Sass' opinion of the holiday.

Ooh, yes, that's a great idea. I'm all for a few holiday episodes. Maybe they can throw a proper Halloween party this year, too. And it'd be fun to see how they'd celebrate not only Christmas, but also Hanukkah, for Trevor :). 

• Love 6

I read an article by one of the producers or creators that said they moved up filming because the Canadian winters were so harsh that it was hard on the actors. I'm guessing Flower and Trevor were especially affected by the cold, but most of the ghosts aren't wearing heavy costumes that would protect them from the cold either (except maybe Isaac).

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

From TV Line's Matt's Inside Line

Will Ghosts Season 2 get into any mythology or rules, like why Hetty’s husband was unable to pass through the vault door? –Craig

Co-showrunner Joe Wiseman told us that while in Season 1 they tried to keep some things “vague,” “we have talked about other sort of supernatural rules-bending, or revealing things that we can’t do.” For example, “We’re going to start exploring the idea that the ghosts get to leave the property, and whether they will be successful or not,” Wiseman said. Also, “We’ve thought of ways to bring back some of the ghosts that maybe we wouldn’t think you’d be able to see again,” though for now all of the above are “just ideas that we’re talking about in the writers room.”
  • Useful 3

Joe Port and Joe Wiseman have signed a three year deal with CBS. The cast have been making many appearances and doing interviews. I'm not used to a show I like getting this much attention. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3