Type keyword(s) to search

Ghostly Media Talk

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Today is Asher Grodner's birthday. The person who runs Ghosts Twitter account wished him a happy birthday with or without pants. He replied that he was happy to go without pants in order to be on a great show.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I’m enjoying the commercials about what they have been doing this summer, Hetty has been scandalized by bare midriffs! Issac has been trash talking Alexander Hamilton with Nigel.🤣

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m enjoying the commercials about what they have been doing this summer, Hetty has been scandalized by bare midriffs! Issac has been trash talking Alexander Hamilton with Nigel.🤣

I haven't seen the Isaac one yet. That is so adorable :D. What a thing to bond over, LOL. 

I like those commercials, too. Fun way to keep us entertained until the show comes back. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I haven't seen the Isaac one yet. That is so adorable :D. What a thing to bond over, LOL. 

All of the little commercials were put together into one longer vid and it's linked at the top of this page. The Isaac part is about 20 seconds in.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Utkarsh Ambudkar will be featured on Secret Celebrity Renovation on the 26th. He'll surprise his parents with the renovation. My favorite Survivor player Boston Rob Mariano is the contractor on the series.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

From TVLine, Matt's Inside Line

Barely six weeks and counting until Ghosts Season 2! Any last teasers, maybe about my favorite, Alberta? –Joss

Fans of the CBS hitcom will “absolutely” learn more about Alberta in Season 2, premiering Thursday, Sept. 29 (now at 8:30/7:30c). “We see online that people are clamoring to see her in the jazz club, singing, and we want that, too,” EP/co-showrunner Joe Wiseman told TVLine. “She also has mentioned Al Capone a couple of times, and while we haven’t come up with any specifics, I feel like there’s a lot of people who would like to see some storyline with him in the room. So that’s something we’re talking about.”
  • Love 3

I love that news :). I am all for learning more about Alberta's time with Capone! And yes to some good jazz club moments, too - it'd be so fun to see what the show could do with that setting, and it'd be a great opportunity to let her shine. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I love that news :). I am all for learning more about Alberta's time with Capone! And yes to some good jazz club moments, too - it'd be so fun to see what the show could do with that setting, and it'd be a great opportunity to let her shine. 

This show could do a great musical episode, as some others have done.
Maybe it could be bookended to be a dream or even just in the imagination of a character. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

There was a salute to Trevor in the Hamptons tonight. Asher Grodner's father was there. I forgot to mention that the did a Viking day cruise for Thorfin earlier this summer. I saw a clip of Utkarash's episode of Secret Celebrity Renovation tonight.

• Love 4
On 8/12/2022 at 5:11 PM, kathyk24 said:

Utkarsh Ambudkar will be featured on Secret Celebrity Renovation on the 26th. He'll surprise his parents with the renovation. My favorite Survivor player Boston Rob Mariano is the contractor on the series.

I loved his episode of Secret Celebrity Renovation. He gave his parents a beautiful patio and backyard. Utkarsk's wife and children joined them at the end of the show. The actress playing Paula looks like she could be Jay's mom.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

The actress playing Paula looks like she could be Jay's mom.

I'm disappointed that she's not because I love Rose Abdoo and would like her to have a recurring role, which Jay's mum could end up being. 

• Like 1

A Christmas themed episode of Ghosts sounds awesome. I'm glad the show is bringing Bela back. I liked her debut episode and I've liked the actress in a Netflix show called Special. I can believe that Sam would be a fan of Hallmark Christmas movies. I'm surprised Thorfin isn't a fan of the holiday I would have guessed either Sass or Trevor.

• Love 3

Judging by the previews for the 2nd season, it doesn't look like Jay will get to see the ghosts. It looks like they are going to play it for laughs that he thinks he sees a ghost but it turns out to be a living. Also, that scene where Sam is telling the ghosts they are expecting their first guests, you can tell Jay still can't see them.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

I can definitely see why they didn’t include Sasappis in that, but excluding him is alone is also not great. 

That was hilarious. Asher Grodner really is a Jaguars fan. I understand why they didn't include Sass he'd object to the Chiefs and the tomahawk chop. I loved the interview with Ramon I'm disabled and I'm critical of how disabled people are usually portrayed in pop culture. I admire his desire to be authentic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

I could easily see RZ taking a hard pass on anything that would promote the NFL.  As a group, the NFL is incredibly tone deaf to criticisms from the Native American communities. 

This is merely speculation.  For all I know, RZ is a diehard pro football fan. 

I really can't wait for the new season to start!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2022 at 3:42 AM, kathyk24 said:

That was hilarious. Asher Grodner really is a Jaguars fan.

I wish they could have gotten Manny Jacinto (Jason from The Good Place) to run across the background yelling BORTLES! I just can't think of the Jaguars without thinking of Jason. And I think The Good Place and Ghosts have a very similar vibe. They'd make a great crossover (if they'd been the same network, and running at the same time). I hope all our ghosts make it to the Good Place, but not too soon, as I don't want the show to go away too soon. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

How funny - over at the subreddit for this show people were tossing out suggestions about songs they wanted to hear played on this show, and I suggested "Spirit in the Sky". And now it's in this trailer :D!

So nice to get an extended look at the new season. Bring on the 29th!

• Applause 1