Type keyword(s) to search

Ghostly Media Talk

DanaK
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Cress said:

Yay for a full season! I'm not sure how many episodes it will be. I hope it will be 20-ish.

A ”full season” usually means 22 to 24 episodes but networks have become a little tricky with that term lately

• Useful 2

CBS Entertainment Head Kelly Kahl Talks ‘Ghosts’ Success, More ‘CSI: Vegas’ as Midseason Schedule Takes Shape

CBS Entertainment President Kelly Kahl says “I think ‘Ghosts’ is on its way to being the breakout comedy of the year. And it’s not slowing down. People are still discovering it. What we always have to remind ourselves these days is that it does take a little longer for people to discover shows. So the people who have discovered it really love it. And now the plan is just to try to get more eyeballs on it as the season goes on.” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I’m laughing at Crash. Does anyone remember the movie “Soap Dish” with Robert Downey Jr, Sally Field, Whoopi Goldberg, and a host of other name actors? If you haven’t seen it, it’s a movie about the behind the scenes drama of a daytime soap opera and they’re going to bring back Kevin Kline’s character after 20 years just to piss off Sally Field, and it turns out he’d been written off the show by being decapitated in a car crash. It sets up a great scene for Whoopi where she’s yelling at the director, “I can’t write for someone WHO DOESN’T HAVE A HEAD!”

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

The results of the #GHOSTMAS Viewers' Choice Marathon are in! Fans were invited to submit their favorite episodes on social media @GhostsCBS on Twitter, Instagram and TikTok between Dec. 9-15. Initially, the Network planned to air three episodes back-to-back, but after the overwhelming response by fans, decided to increase the number to five. The top five episodes chosen by viewers to air Thursday, Dec. 23 (8:31-11:00 PM, ET/PT). 

The episodes will air in the following order:

8:31-9:01 PM, ET/PT

"Pete's Wife" - Pete convinces Sam to invite his living wife to the mansion, only to discover she's been keeping a dark secret from him for many years. Also, Sassapis gets angry with Thorfinn for binge-cheating their favorite show without him, and Trevor learns he may have a daughter. (OAD 11/4/21)

9:01-9:30 PM, ET/PT

"Viking Funeral" - When Thorfinn's bones are discovered on the Woodstone property, he asks Sam to conduct the traditional Viking funeral he's always wanted. However, Sam and Jay are torn when they learn that the bones could be sold to a museum for a lot of much-needed cash. Also, the ghosts conduct an election for a "ghost representative" to bring issues to Sam. (OAD 10/14/21)

9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT

"D&D" - After Jay is kicked out of a Dungeons & Dragons campaign with his city friends, Sam agrees to facilitate a new one between him and the ghosts. Also, Isaac confronts his feelings for Nigel, a British soldier ghost from whom he's been keeping a gigantic secret. (OAD 11/18/21)

10:00-10:30 PM, ET/PT

"Alberta's Fan" - Alberta is thrilled when a super-fan of her music visits the mansion to learn more about her. Also, Thor convinces Hetty to go on a walk with him in hopes that it will spark a special memory. (OAD 12/2/21)

10:30-11:00 PM, ET/PT

"Possession" - Hetty accidentally possesses Jay's body just as he and Sam are about to show Woodstone Mansion to a renowned wedding planner. (OAD 12/9/21)

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

That's a shame. Hope whoever it is feels better soon. 

On a lighter note...from Matt's Inside Line over at TVLine:

Anything on the back half of Ghosts? –Connor
Let’s see what I can scare up, shall we? Among the tidbits from a recent CBS panel for the show: We will learn what happened to Trevor’s pants; Sam and Jay will open their B&B by the end of the season; Pete and Jay will become basketball-watching buddies; an upcoming episode will delve into Sasappis’ backstory and feature Román Zaragoza’s real-life dad as Sas’ father. Also in the back half of the season, every ghost will appear in every episode, so you can stop asking, “Hey, Where’s [Insert Missing Ghost]?”

https://tvline.com/2021/12/17/ghosts-spoilers-trevors-missing-pants/

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Anything on the back half of Ghosts? –Connor
Let’s see what I can scare up, shall we? Among the tidbits from a recent CBS panel for the show: We will learn what happened to Trevor’s pants; Sam and Jay will open their B&B by the end of the season; Pete and Jay will become basketball-watching buddies; an upcoming episode will delve into Sasappis’ backstory and feature Román Zaragoza’s real-life dad as Sas’ father. Also in the back half of the season, every ghost will appear in every episode, so you can stop asking, “Hey, Where’s [Insert Missing Ghost]?”

Lol at the bolded part. So apparently it wasn't just us here! It was noticeable to the audience in general, it sounds like.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

He's been trapped on the property but the two of them haven't seen each other in 130 years? 

hmmmm... there are possible explanations here...

a) he's been hanging out with the plague victims in the basement

b) he's been hanging out with Issac's war buddies in the shack

c) he's been having an affair with Flower, so hiding out of sight (OK, that only explains the last few decades)

I'm not sure how I feel about this...  I really don't want any "new" ghosts, unless they can plausibly be one episode characters, like Issac's military opponents.  I don't see how that could happen with Hetty's husband.  Of course, it would be hilarious to have Sam, Alberta and Flower giving Hetty some bedroom pointers... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chaifan said:

hmmmm... there are possible explanations here...

a) he's been hanging out with the plague victims in the basement

b) he's been hanging out with Issac's war buddies in the shack

c) he's been having an affair with Flower, so hiding out of sight (OK, that only explains the last few decades)

I'm not sure how I feel about this...  I really don't want any "new" ghosts, unless they can plausibly be one episode characters, like Issac's military opponents.  I don't see how that could happen with Hetty's husband.  Of course, it would be hilarious to have Sam, Alberta and Flower giving Hetty some bedroom pointers... 

I am confident that these writers thought this out thoroughly, and my guess is that the purpose of introducing Hetty's husband is to inform the characters and the audience of a situation in which a "new" ghost might appear.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Maybe he was trapped in the attic? We have basement ghosts might as well have attic ghosts. And no one has probably gone to the attic in 130 years. 

Interesting that Hetty's husband is a ghost, I figured he'd be in flashbacks only. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Maybe he was trapped in the attic? We have basement ghosts might as well have attic ghosts. And no one has probably gone to the attic in 130 years. 

Interesting that Hetty's husband is a ghost, I figured he'd be in flashbacks only. 

If so, I hope he wasn't alone all this time.🥺

ETA: Or maybe ghosts can have Rip Van Winkle nap experiences?

Edited by shapeshifter

With this whole "can't cross property lines from where you died" thing, maybe the lines changed between when Hetty and her husband died, keeping them separate, and the new owners just had a new survey and changed them back again.  Yeah, it's all arbitrary, but what ghostly government entity is keeping track of property lines?  They must change for them as they change for us or else those who died long ago [like the Viking and the Native American] wouldn't be constrained by today's property lines - and certainly the love interest of our Native American wouldn't be constrained by the building she is in.

And why am I blanking on everybody's names?

• Useful 3

We know Hetty doesn’t want any memory (or at least painting) of her husband around. Maybe he feels the same and has avoided the house? I’m going to guess theirs was an arranged marriage. His family had a respectable name but no money while her family had money but no name. What’s certain is Hetty is no one’s chattel especially after she learned to vote. Was Hetty deferential while alive? Will Sam and Jay’s relationship of equals guide her to resolve her past marital feud? (I also don’t think they need another ghost. Maybe we’ll see someone sucked off just so we know what happens?)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

We know Hetty doesn’t want any memory (or at least painting) of her husband around.

I did not recall that, but now that you mention it, that sounds to me like a pre-planned hook for the entrance of Hetty's husband.
That is: I'm guessing if she sees a portrait of her late hubby, he will appear. 

And, yes, maybe his appearance will lead to:

10 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

we’ll see someone sucked off just so we know what happens?

• Love 2

This is how the CBS Lineup stacked up against each other on Thurs, Jan. 6th.

Young Sheldon returned to 7.2 million total viewers (veritably matching its season high) and a 0.7 rating, holding steady in the demo vs. its fall finale — as did B Positive (4.8 mil/0.4). United States of Al (5.4 mil/0.5), Ghosts (6.2 mil/0.6) and Bull (4.6 mil/0.4) all rose in the demo while hitting audience highs for the season.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

According to my cable guide, Ghosts is bumped next week by 2 episodes of B Positive on 1/27. Big Brother Celeb Version (ugh) premieres on 2/3 at 9. Sheldon and Ghosts reruns at 8 and 8:30. Who knows what happens during the Olympics. More reruns?

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

According to my cable guide, Ghosts is bumped next week by 2 episodes of B Positive on 1/27. Big Brother Celeb Version (ugh) premieres on 2/3 at 9. Sheldon and Ghosts reruns at 8 and 8:30. Who knows what happens during the Olympics. More reruns?

Next 2 weeks are repeats for sure. Futon Critic suggests new episodes for 4 weeks after that and then March Madness basketball will take over on CBS in March http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch/ghosts-cbs/listings/

• Useful 5