Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: A Tale of Two Accidents

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Have these women never walked up steps before in high heels? Geez. 

I’m feeling really yucky because I’m about to defend ol’ Rinna here:

It’s the tight dress that is tight around her knees. You can’t get one leg bent and up away from the other enough to get up stairs easily!

I foolishly went to a wedding with killer heels once (Louboutins)… so embarrassing because I couldn’t walk anywhere without clutching my husband for support! I must have looked a sight! Plus it was a ceremony with everyone standing. Ouch. My vanity taught me a lesson that night!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

Dorit is the designer of those wedding dresses like I’m the Queen of Romania.

If she is the designer, as she claims, then who is the woman whose name was on the invitation and whose initial was part of the logo?

Methinks she is the designer. Dorit only has taste in her mouth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I just did a quick Google search - the last time in snowed in Pasadena, California was in 1949.  Even Los Angeles hasn't had any snow since 2007.

Sounds pretty ridiculous to me that Erika would embellish a story with a lie that is so easily proven.

I still can’t figure out what Erika was thinking here. She can certainly lie better than this. Please let this come up at the reunion…

22 minutes ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Dorit is the designer of those wedding dresses like I’m the Queen of Romania.

If she is the designer, as she claims, then who is the woman whose name was on the invitation and whose initial was part of the logo?

Methinks she is the designer. Dorit only has taste in her mouth.

The other woman does all the work, Dorit gets all the credit. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

PK and Mauricio rolling laughing at how none of it made sense was awesome and funny (Mauricio may be high, but I am in no place to judge.

That was everything! They had Dorit and Kyle laughing before long, too. Wonder what Ice Queen thought of that little segment when she saw it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 19

When Sutton arrived at Dorits, Erika made a face. A few moments later I swear she greeted Sutton, even said she looked nice right? I understand being cordial but Erikas reaction at the last get together was so strong I didn’t think she would speak to her. It makes me think the entire thing is completely scripted and not just somewhat scripted like I used to think. Kyles faces when Erika told her the latest story also seemed iffy. This woman has been spinning tales all season and you are still that shocked? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

When Sutton arrived at Dorits, Erika made a face. A few moments later I swear she greeted Sutton, even said she looked nice right? I understand being cordial but Erikas reaction at the last get together was so strong I didn’t think she would speak to her. It makes me think the entire thing is completely scripted and not just somewhat scripted like I used to think. Kyles faces when Erika told her the latest story also seemed iffy. This woman has been spinning tales all season and you are still that shocked? 

Kyle shocked?! She’s dumber than a box of hair so I’m not surprised she’s shocked! Disappointed, yes but not shocked.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, bosawks said:

Dorit’s reactions is the only legitimate one.

”What!”

”WHAT?!?!?!”

This was the most hilarious 30 seconds of this episode.

9 hours ago, BluishGreen said:

The World According to Crystal: (1) buying a $95,000 purse proves she is frugal, just like the little people, because it's an investment;  and (2) If Garcelle has any problems navigating these toxic women, it's because Garcelle has no friends.  Crystal is such a tool.

Crystal has steadily been losing cool points in the past two episodes, but she still has work to do if she truly wants to be a contender for Nefarious Housewife.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bencr said:

Erika's story about her son's rollover seemed so implausible that I had to look up the statistics. Here's what I found:

"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than 7,600 people in the U.S. suffer fatal injuries in rollover crashes. In recent years, this number has accounted for 35 percent of reported traffic fatalities, despite the fact that only two percent of motor vehicle accidents are classified as rollover accidents."

So you're about 20 times more likely to die in a rollover accident than a regular car accident. And I have to assume that the vast majority of rollover accidents involve flipping over ONCE.

And so we are meant to believe that Erika's son flipped his car over FIVE TIMES, and he walked away just fine. No neck injuries, no broken bones, no whiplash.

Uh, no.

I don’t believe anything Erika says anymore so I’m down a rabbit hole on the Internet right now… I started by trying to find a funny gif of a car flipping or rolling down a cliff but ended up elsewhere, damn Internet!

Can someone who knows her son’s name etc look up his accident report, pretty please? There would have to be some record. A car can’t flip over 5-6 times without being written off/police called. Although he’s a police officer… could it have been ‘covered up’?

I’m even googling to see how fast a car has to travel to flip over that many times! I’m finding things like this ‘Fundamentals of Rollover Crash Reconstruction’! (No idea of the source… just www surfing!)

https://www.jhscientific.com/downloads/Rollovers.pdf

edit:

found footage of a car flipping 5 times (as an example) not pretty and causes a lot of damage.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Useful 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

(is Kyle the "friend" Kathy told us always serves salmon?) and then cracks everyone up with his brain surgery jokes.

Oh my god Cosmocrush, did you just use air 'italics' to call Kyle a "friend"?! I feel for you, because she's now going to follow you around for an entire season screaming BE HONEST.

I haven't watched yet, as I somehow fell asleep, but all of your comments, snark and gifs are so much better than anything these episodes can bring. You are all so funny and insightful and make this show 100x better!

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

Just googled snow in California - it did snow in Malibu on January 23rd.  They said a Jeep overturned but the driver was unharmed.  Erika Jr.?  Another car went over a cliff! But that driver was seriously hurt.  I would hope that Erika wouldn't have gone to a dinner party if her son was in hospital.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-23/rare-snowfall-in-malibu-results-in-flurry-of-excitement

Edited by bkathi
forgot the ? as the story didn't name either driver
  • Useful 11

I feel like this whole moving the show inside because it will rain was a massive lie.  I mean, I lived in Los Angeles, and sure it rained.  And I was even in a flash flood once on La Cienega.  But for four days in a row?  That seems unlikely.  And no one seemed rain dressed.  I call bullshit.

Edited by Lassus
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Garcelle has it right. These women speak about their relationships to each other, but really don't actively work on them. Their relationships are each like a personal version of performance art for Bravo.

Garcelle may be expecting some sort of reality from these on camera relationships, she is too smart for this level of BS for the cameras.

Kathy's spa day was hilarious, this woman shows up with whatever oils and creams and tells them that everything is infused with Reiki and the women nod in agreement like oh yeah, Reiki infusion, hilarious.

Erika is approaching some sort of delusional, mental break with all these tales she tells. Now her son too has rolled his car due to the snow in Malibu, how much snow does Malibu get that driving could be treacherous?  Seriously, Erika cannot really think anyone believes her bullshit.  Tom's house has a gate and an alarm system but yet someone gets in and he is home alone, the now addled brained elderly man has nobody staying with him?  How far can Erika's son live from LA if he is an LA policeman, he lives so north of LA it snows?

• Love 19
11 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Just like all the trips to Canada is why Harry stays married.

Harry is in Canada often and has a house there due to filming, now Ridley Scott will be filming his Anthrax film there, does Rinna ever wonder how Harry always winds up in Canada?  Does Harry only sign off on projects being filmed in Canada? LOL.

Crystal's basement sort of confused me, how does it look like that? She has the money to have had shelving and cabinets and staff to stow it all...her basement looks like a regular person's basement, right?  I am envious of anyone that has that second kitchen for entertaining or if the real kitchen is just too far away, I would love to have the need.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, bkathi said:

Just googled snow in California - it did snow in Malibu on January 23rd.  They said a Jeep overturned but the driver was unharmed.  Erika Jr.?  Another car went over a cliff! But that driver was seriously hurt.  I would hope that Erika wouldn't have gone to a dinner party if her son was in hospital.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-23/rare-snowfall-in-malibu-results-in-flurry-of-excitement

It’s unlikely that he lives in Malibu.  I assumed the not living in LA was because he couldn’t afford it (and we haven’t heard anything about Tom buying him a house), so he’s probably more inland.

Plus, she admits she didn’t get the message about the supposed break-in for 3 hours.  If this story isn’t complete bulls@@t, I assume Tom would already have been at the hospital.  No need to have her son go rushing anywhere.  And as others have said, Tom has children and a brother, so there are others closer she could have called.  

when would this alleged break-in have happened?  Because while it’s typical for the spouse to be the person to call, once you start divorce proceedings, you would think he (and she) would have changed a “who to call” list, as well as the health care power of attorney form.

Edited by Mrs peel
Grammar
  • Love 8

Wonder if Erika is trolling everyone at this point (flipped cars, Pasadena snow). I have her pegged as very conniving and crafty, and these whoppers don't sound like her.

If she escapes justice somehow, I can see her sneering at everyone later: "Did you idiots really fall for those stories?"

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The fact that she freaked out over the mere mention of her sons name on Elaine but he flips his car 5 fucking times in the snow and its "oh hes fine" ... 

I have never been in a car that has flipped even once, my sister rolled my parents car when she was in college, it flipped once and hit the dividing wall on the Jones Falls Expwy near the Pepsi plant, her life was saved due to wearing a seat belt, it was horrific in every sense of the word, a truck cut her off and then it happened...we cannot even talk about without getting upset and it was 40 years ago.  So my questions are how does one know how many times a car rolls if you are in it, at some point down is up and up is down, right?  My second question how does one not need medical attention after rolling a car five times and how do you keep count, the speed factor alone would have had to be super fast for that momentum?  I would think police and fire would have been dispatched and it would make the local news or Facebook or something, it could be researched, how stupid does Erika think we are?

Why did Kyle let Dorit tell the story to the men instead of retelling to them and neither one of them would admit the stories are so far fetched and they do not believe her.

I use to work with a liar, she would lie about everything, we let her talk just to see how far she would go...maybe that is what they are doing.

I think Erika cooks up these stories with Mikey and practices them until she no longer laughs thru them.

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have never been in a car that has flipped even once, my sister rolled my parents car when she was in college, it flipped once and hit the dividing wall on the Jones Falls Expwy near the Pepsi plant, her life was saved due to wearing a seat belt, it was horrific in every sense of the word, a truck cut her off and then it happened...we cannot even talk about without getting upset and it was 40 years ago.  So my questions are how does one know how many times a car rolls if you are in it, at some point down is up and up is down, right?  My second question how does one not need medical attention after rolling a car five times and how do you keep count, the speed factor alone would have had to be super fast for that momentum?  I would think police and fire would have been dispatched and it would make the local news or Facebook or something, it could be researched, how stupid does Erika think we are?

Why did Kyle let Dorit tell the story to the men instead of retelling to them and neither one of them would admit the stories are so far fetched and they do not believe her.

I use to work with a liar, she would lie about everything, we let her talk just to see how far she would go...maybe that is what they are doing.

I think Erika cooks up these stories with Mikey and practices them until she no longer laughs thru them.

I’ve been asking similar questions too ^^^ up thread, about the car flipping that many times/damage/police. There are just too many holes in her stories for me.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 13

Garcelle had too many bobby pins in her hair, I did not get it as a fashion statement, she should have taken a page from Dorit and used the sparkly kind with words on them because Garcelle's looked haphazardly stuck in her hair.

Some of the names of the bridal dresses were stupid but the dresses were pretty.

The party needed either more people or music of something, it was so stagnant.

Dorit changes out of "The Woman," wedding dress and changes in to a 1980's prom dress complete with crumb catchers.

Kyle wondering who puts mayo on salmon, there are a ton of recipes for just that.

• Love 10

I did have a hard time suspending my disbelief at the fact that Kyle hadn’t already told Mauricio the ridiculous story from Erika. 

Minus whatever financial issues he has had, I have always actually liked PK. I think he is funny, I think he and Dorit actually have a real relationship, and his observations are spot on. He also got a raw deal in the pantygate situation.  The thing is he is just making the observations that any normal person with half a brain so I would make. Sad that it takes him and Mauricio to be in agreement for their wives to somewhat realize it’s all bullshit. Although that will be short-lived.

I want the ladies to push harder when they are getting the story from robot-Erika in the first place. If one of my friends were telling me such a crazy story I would be saying, “hold up… Back up and start from the very first step” and would ask questions about every little detail.

And even if Erica is getting a divorce, I don’t know why she said she couldn’t go over and check on Tom. You are still allowed to interact with a person even if you’re divorcing them. Even if it did become contentious… It is OK to admit if you have a small amount of emotion and care still for the person that you were married to for 20 years and they have just faced off burglars and needed surgery etc. etc.… Not to mention the bananas story about her son. 

I read that Andy claims Erika answered everything during the reunion. Probably because he just asked her softball questions. I am going to be prepared to be disappointed.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How nice that Dorit threw a party and allowed for a plus one. If only Erika weren’t divorcing Tom- -.

Oh, that’s right.

Erika could bring her son or one of her gay friends contractors.

Loved Kathy bringing her architect. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Wait….was this burglary and assault reported? Was the car accident reported? Does it even snow in Southern California? Now Tom has glaucoma? So many questions. 

thought Erika said Lake Tahoe?  Oh Erick what a web we are spinning !   I have to admit all of this sounds unbelievable. 

• Love 6

There's no way that Erika's son car flipped five times or that Tom's car fell off a cliff. They would either both be dead or severely injured if that was the case, and the lack of a record in both cases around such catastrophic accidents tells you everything you need to know.

At this point, it's almost like she's daring them NOT to call her a liar. It's like she's testing the waters to see how much she can get away with in terms of lying about her whole life. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
On 9/14/2021 at 2:26 AM, Door County Cherry said:

Airdate 9/15/2021

Please limit your discussion to events that occur in this episode.  Real time events are spoilers and belong in the media or individual housewife threads. 

I could build 2 whole houses for what Crystal is spending on her basement.  The cost of living in California is extremely high no doubt .

• Love 7
1 hour ago, byrd said:

thought Erika said Lake Tahoe?  Oh Erick what a web we are spinning !   I have to admit all of this sounds unbelievable. 

I’m pretty sure she said Pasadena. 
I love everyone’s meme’s about Tom really being Toomces the cat who can drive a car! 😄

Edited by Straycat80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Strictly speaking, Kyle said something like, "wait, doesn't he live in Pasadena," and then Erika was vaguely waving it away with "he lives farther out."  Lake Tahoe wasn't mentioned. And in any case, the whole thing sounds very suspicious. 

Ok, I guess n my mind I was thinking Lake Tahoe because of snow ..It's so crazy..

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Dorit claiming all the credit for designing the wedding gowns when at the Zoom call to prep for the party the woman on Zoom was noted as the designer is 100% on brand for Dorit.

Erika's stories get more absurd with each passing day.  This car accident had the added element of snow--in Southern California!  The next will surely involve a UFO.  Or maybe a werewolf darting in front of the car. 

Rinna is the worst.  "I will always come to someone's aid if they're telling the truth, but Garcelle has to answer for herself" or something like that.  Fuck you, Lips. 

The constant pile-ons towards Sutton and Garcelle aren't nice and they aren't funny.  They're mean girl behavior and it's gross. 

I hate that Garcelle leaves herself so vulnerable to these women, they aren't her friends just co-workers.  It seems to me that the more she expresses how uncomfortable she feels with them, the more uncomfortable they are determined to make her.  Crystal is hopping on the mean girl train as well.. lookin at her with my side eye. 

• Love 21
On 9/15/2021 at 11:45 PM, funnygirl said:

The morally corrupt Andy Cohen. I hope Twitter drags his ass to filth from now until eternity for this. Anyone with at least two brain cells does not buy the crap Erika's selling.  

Honestly not to defend Andy because I do think he’s morally corrupt, but he’s just appeasing Erika because as long as she’s literally not entering prison I bet he’ll want her on the show, he’s already salivating over filming her going out to court, the women confronting her about her involvement if/when she is charged, etc. I don’t think for a second that Andy cares about Erika or her feelings. 
And celebrities’ opinions, meh, I don’t doubt Sarah Paulson is a fan but I also think the producers speak with her and any other celebrity just to adjust their opinions and follow through with the narrative they're selling, it’s better to support the network that might be employing you in the future than support the twitterverse. 

Edited by charliesan
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Because, as usual, she wants someone else to be filmed doing the dirty work.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I thought that handbag was hideous!

I agree there was nothing worth 95,000..but this is why I watch this crap to see rich people spend money on bullshit.   

Edited by byrd
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

I used to loathe him, but I have to admit that I actually LOVE PEE KAY (aka Pig K) now!  Never thought I'd say that!  

Not sure why they all treat Erika with kid gloves.  Does Andy have some special relationship with her that they're afraid to be axed if they fall out of favor with her?  She really isn't well known or popular with the general public.  Are they really that afraid of her vicious attacks?  

I would have loved for Sutton to ask what Erika could possibly threaten her with.  She has no power or pull as far as I can see.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, snarts said:

What is the point to all of Erika's lies? She looks even worse for leaving a mentally addled senior who's accused of serious financial improprieties after using the proceeds to fund her lavish lifestyle.  

Plus, all the crazy lies about head injuries and surgeries & glaucoma fly in the face of her other claims that Tom is some mastermind manipulator who's controlled & abused her throughout their marriage.  

She's just throwing anything & everything out there in effort to divert attention away from the fact that she's a cold hearted stealth bitch who rode the money train until it ended. Sad that anyone believes a thing that comes out of her mouth. 

If Sutton was smart she would just let Erika be, let her tell all the wild tales she wants and sooner or later people will all see the truth about the lies and see how much BS Erika has been spewing. In the end Erika will look like a fool to everyone.

PK was trying to be nice and give Erika an out for the all the stories she was telling, Tom didn't control her during the marriage at all, she was shaking her money maker and patting the puss every chance she got, she even went international with the act in Greece, a controlling husband would not allow any of that or pay for it.  So what he told to zip it once during a conversation he was trying to finish a thought. 

Kyle's salmon looked good, not burnt at all, lol.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That was everything! They had Dorit and Kyle laughing before long, too. Wonder what Ice Queen thought of that little segment when she saw it. 

I think it might explain Erika's sudden statements about how Kyle is two faced. 

The episodes are released to the housewives a bit before they are aired and they have seen all of the episodes by the time the reunion is filmed.  So it in the the last week or so that Erika has seen what is going on in the confessionals - and at that dinner. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

When Sutton arrived at Dorits, Erika made a face. A few moments later I swear she greeted Sutton, even said she looked nice right?

Sutton stepped up to the same small table.  Erica said, "IT's beautiful, right?"  about the party/house.  

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Dorit changes out of "The Woman," wedding dress and changes in to a 1980's prom dress complete with crumb catchers.

Hahahaha!  I noticed that. 

• Love 6

I was browsing trying to figure out where Erika's son lives, and came across this "feature" LA Times article - highlighting police in LA.    This was from 2019, but interesting it says he has been with the force for 5 years and only works nights.    Seems as if he would have been working when the break-in took place.  Also, he's a patrol officer - and if they have any type of car accident - on the job or otherwise, it's investigated and you are not allowed to drive until the incident is concluded.   Story doesn't add up.

Here's the article.    https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fo-hollywood-cops-eating-tacos/

• Useful 10
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I still can’t figure out what Erika was thinking here. She can certainly lie better than this. Please let this come up at the reunion…

The other woman does all the work, Dorit gets all the credit. 

Not that I know anything about it, but they could equally collaborate on design, but the other woman may be the one who actually knows how to get the designs on “paper” (in quotation marks because it’s 2021) and/or the mechanics of actualizing them in fabric.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Joan van Snark said:

I used to loathe him, but I have to admit that I actually LOVE PEE KAY (aka Pig K) now!  Never thought I'd say that!  

I saw a different side of PK and started liking him and his sense of humor a couple of seasons back.

Dorit had bought some jack hideous dolls and was unwrapping them to show PK.  He had some brilliantly snarky comments about them and I believe Dorit dropped one of the dolls and it broke.

I wish I could remember which season/episode this was, but it was hilarious.  And I totally agreed with PK in that those dolls were hideous and creepy.  

I still haven't made it through all of this episode, but I'm definitely looking forward to the PK scenes.  

Also, WTF with that word salad story Erika threw out there to Kyle.  I worked at a psych facility for a few years and never heard such a disjointed statement.  I think I'm going to have to call in the assistance of closed captioning to sort out that mess.  

Happy Thursday, fellow posters!  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10